Daily reminder: piracy is NOT a theft and no ammount of buycucks crying can change that

Daily reminder: piracy is NOT a theft and no ammount of buycucks crying can change that

Attached: 1553182950334.png (633x874, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3A19q7rysLs
virustotal.com/#/home/upload
youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS5dGSDOc
youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4
i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg
archive.nyafuu.org/meta/thread/217584/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

buycucks irreversibly BTFO

No one cares about piracy except for corporate shills and people who think that being against it gives them some moral high ground.
I'm a buyfag and find anti-piratefags insufferable

Also, it's ok to pirate Epic exclusives since Epic already paid the devs/pubs enough money to cover their sales.

Attached: EpicGamesStore_1400x788_115627d82416826e240d42891ede4afe7975ba19.0.jpg (1200x800, 31K)

BASED

Attached: 1553223734433.jpg (600x400, 54K)

but if piracy is not theft
Pirating epic exclusive games wont do shit to then

AJOY

Attached: gettyimages-119678781-1024x1024.jpg (1024x812, 257K)

Exactly. They have their chink blood money and fortnite bux. Why would Epic also need my money?

piracy is theft but I will continue to do it

>Tfw I never got the Nes, Snes or Sega collections or the emulators

Attached: 1550705803568.jpg (639x639, 163K)

>is not theft
and? it is still illegal and only niggers partake in illegal activities

based piratebro. Preferably only pirate epic exclusives

search for no intro rom sets

why do so many "pirates" try so hard to justify what they are doing?

we're not trying to justify what we do.
we just want to piss off buyfags

Attached: 1541784936146.png (422x309, 99K)

BASED and redpilled

Do I Need a torrent to download them? I've no idea what I'm doing

good goy, never do what government say it bad for you!

>Complain of Piracy
>When all your works after a point are developed or comprised of people who do not care about your market base.

You can, but there are sites that have them too

Based and piratepilled.

I got nothing against pirating but you retards that come on here and brag about how much better it is are just as insufferable as the moralfags on the other side

The only ones I've found are 40+ gig, they can't be that size, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=3A19q7rysLs

Attached: Pirate_Cate.jpg (640x640, 61K)

t.moralfag

Is arcade punks legit to dl from?

>illegal
Only in corporate controlled shitholes

I personally enjoy buying and supporting games that I liked because somebody has to and if I enjoy the game why not? Like for instance I bought Devil May Cry 5 and sekiro brand new for full price because I want good single player games to thrive in an age where Publishers and developers both want games to be online focused or only. because it's cheaper and it's easier can't you all see this?

I also believe that piracy among other things is what is causing companies to want to stream their games simply because there will be no product given to the consumer and no piracy will occur it's all on servers that are nowhere near for you to obtain the data.

I may love shitposting on this garbage board but you know I'm right

I pirate shit because I want to and like keeping my money. Can't really say I really give a fuck what you think about that.

Attached: Untitled.png (494x320, 227K)

Guess you should remove your wifi password and let anyone else use it. It wouldn't be theft after all.

>mfw buyfags wasting their time chasing meaningless achievements so they can earn internet points in their botnet account
Enjoy your artificial replay value while I have fun playing a couple more games gratis.

Attached: 1408147722014.gif (245x230, 866K)

Look at this moralfag, he mad.

i just finished downloading the Sekiro fitgirl repack, never DLd a /fit/girl repack before so I'll look into it

Attached: 1553081764009.png (711x613, 218K)

I disagree, now stop making these threads

If you pirate a game and you end up genuinely enjoying it, you should buy it, just to show your support, especially if it's from a smaller studio. Pirating the latest triple A trash from ActivubiEAvisionsoft is one thing, it was gonna sell ten billion copies anyway, but don't screw over the little guys.

I miss goodolddownloads bros :(

So shitposting and lack of attention?

Anyone?

>tfw I cancelled my preorder and waited patiently
>tfw I saved $60 and used it on a gym membership instead

Top kek

I’m a pirate bro but please purchase all From Software and CD Project red as they don’t use drm and are the last few companies that make soul games

Attached: C3899D66-FAAC-4B2F-B599-AF0863CCCB91.png (631x710, 1003K)

It is theft. It is illegal, and it harms the game industry.

People will purchase souls and bloodborne but they won’t purxhase sekiro because it is not an online game.

Oh no! not the game industry! those poor multimillionaire companies!

Thats not true though. Quite the opposite infact.

>Muh games industry
>muh support the developers

Let me know when the game industry and game developers help me out in my personal, otherwise I could give a fuck about them.

No you are wrong it is true.

I remember pirating Undertale a few years back.

The game is mediocre

The navy's coming for you.

Attached: john barry the navy guy.jpg (1200x1538, 275K)

its ok to pirate everything.

They make games that you play and entertain you.

The game industry is not just multimillion dollar companies. Even if it was it is still illegal to pirate.

What about indie devs?

So do TV shows, music and movies but you can get those for free.

But what happens if nobody pirates?

only acceptable answer is you know pirating is morally wrong but you do it anyways because you don’t care, pirate if you want, if it’s from a huge triple a videogame company it won’t affect them any way

>giving money to shitty 8-bit """retro""" games
The only indie worth purchasing is Terraria.

Yeah, pretty much what I do, purchase any game with online functions and pirate every offline game

we'd only have AAA garbage, since nobody would know about unknown titles.

You can get some tv shows, movies, and music free though legal means. There are some you can’t. You can say the same thing about games. There are some games you can play for free though legal means.

Can anyone answer this please?

Reminder that it's been shown that piracy has almost 0 impact on sales.

Imagine a world without buycucks

It had 20k more players on launch than any other souls game on Steam

This is completely false. Actually smaller cheaper titles are the ones that are most affected by piracy.

both are important.

What if nobody paid for video games anymore?

How does that make sense? If everybody pirated it wouldn't sell.

This is fake news. Piracy displaces legal sales and downloads.

Captain, I haven't seen this many pirates in my life! Should we open fire?

Attached: baguette navy.jpg (500x750, 55K)

There are so many things going wrong with gaming industry, but pirates aren't one of them.
Also this is a pro-piracy website.

You would only have free to play games and mobile games.

smaller titles would be more affected if people wouldnt make other people aware of their existence.
some indie devs even upload their own games onto pirate sites.

Any TV show, music and movies eventually go free, some do it nearly instantly, but not games, why not?

Not a problem, there's always gonna be faggots like (You) who pay for shit when they don't even need to lmao

The people pirating have no intention of purchasing the game to begin with. Even if piracy wasn't a thing, they still wouldn't purchase the game.

Fromsoft is getting bigger and their titles are more popular. This happens for any dev that makes popular games.

virustotal.com/#/home/upload
just use this to check for some very obvious malware if you really need to

This and they are basically giving free advertisement so more buyfags buy the game.

>Even if piracy wasn't a thing, they still wouldn't purchase the game.
That is a very big claim for a large group of people. It is hard to believe that if piracy was not a thing then all the people that pirate would never play any games.

>illegal

Attached: 1539944026838.jpg (671x800, 73K)

Thanks, do you know how these intro rom sets work? Do I still need an emulator or are they exe files?

Pretty much every company would shut down, or switch to another business. Nintendo's done the latter plenty of times, they started as a playing card company. Maybe they'll give the love hotel thing another try.

After that the only games getting made would be made by the hobbists who make games for fun. Of course not every lone developer is as good as Pixel or that Belowstory dude so, as always, most of the games getting made will be shit. Sturgeon's law is a bitch.

I agree and I'm primarily a buycuck.

>theft
Copying is not theft
>illegal
Has that ever stopped anyone?
>harms the industry
It does not, pirates wouldn’t buy the game if they couldn’t get it free. Thus no potential customer or income was lost.

Holy shit you're right?!

WTF JESUS YOU'RE KILLING THE BREAD INDUSTRY!

Attached: jesus_blesses_bread_fish_mann.jpg (500x441, 20K)

The study concluded you can't prove it one way or another, did you read the thing or just the headline? It's just an unabridged version of the "you can't prove a pirate download is loss of sales." Which is true but not truly genuine. You could have a series that usually sells 1 million suddenly sell 0 units while having 1 million pirated downloads and you can never prove any of those downloads were a lost sale. Even though at least some are.

>that one time when he killed the fish industry too

argh

Their “advertising” hardly does anything to really help the game. Unless you are putting up game play and reviews for people you are not really helping the game. Even just buying the game on steam helps with advertising more just by getting it higher in the ranking on steam’s lists.

t. Illiterate

Who gives more advertisement?
1- someone that won't buy the game nor even bother pirate it to play it
2- someone that won't buy the game but pirated it and post about the game on the internet

I stopped downloading from there when she repacked sonic mania, it seemed very fishy considering the game doesnt need any repack, she repacked it because it's too popular, since then i stopped visiting fitgirl, it really is too fishy.

>Copying is not theft

You wouldn't let a stranger make a copy of your house key, would you?

>Copying is not theft.
Copying is not theft. That is correct. Piracy is not just copying a game. You can copy a game as many times as you want, but if you download or distribute the copy then that is theft.

stay mad, buyfag

Attached: image0-4.png (192x207, 28K)

Don't be mad at corporations when they get your private information, then. It's not theft after all :^)

indie devs even sometimes give you freecodes for their games aslong you mail them and ask for it.
what you dont fucking understand is:
nobody will buy the game aslong nobody knows it exists. but if someone pirates it, makes a thread on /v about it, or mentions it in some threads.
more and more people get tempted to buy the game.
is it a bit easier for you to understand it now?

I would if he could copy my stuff, I mean, my stuff is still there, he just got copies of it so no real harm was done to me.

so does it mean i can pirate YOUR multi trillion idea so i make that money INSTEAD of you, fellow piratetard?

It's only a crime if I'm the victim :^)

2 gives more advertising then 1 by a small amount. They probably also advertise and encourage piracy so that could just hurt the game as much. Anyway both of those causes do less advertising than somebody that just buys the game or somebody that buys the game and posts about it.

The industry is only as shitty as it is today because you pirated Roller Coaster Tycoon back in the day. Like, fuck user, you could buy the game on 5$ magazines, why did you do that?

>2 gives more advertising then 1
So you be saying that piratefags are based and help the vidya industry instead of damaging it, AKA: piracy is good for the gaming industry too.

Attached: 1550338343831.gif (500x263, 599K)

based and salvationpilled

Attached: Jesus' bread piracy.jpg (700x514, 77K)

What are you talking about? There are a ton of shows and movies that are never free. You can sometimes get them bundled in a service but you are still paying for that service. A lot of music is free because it is easy to monetize music with ads.

Name 1 (one) movie that is not free and that will never go free.

youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS5dGSDOc
post your favorite shanty maties

Attached: pirate cat.gif (577x305, 3.8M)

No, he just moves in and lives off you rent free. Eats your food, takes the bed and makes you sleep on the couch, takes massive monster shits and uses a whole roll of toilet paper to wipe, so your toilet is always clogged. And he refuses to leave and calls you a cuck for paying the bills and buying food instead of doing what he does.

itt:
>I watch anime weekly on my japanese tv or I buy the DVDs
>I order all the manga serialization that I read weekly
>I watched all my movies in the theater, Netflix or rented from the DVD shop, same for TV shows
>I bought all the music that I downloaded and listen to on my phone

Attached: 84055c583b03c3b19c5997c01b8dd423bf51d1e7771a27dac5ad95e382ea4961.jpg (200x212, 11K)

I don't lose anything tho, all the food were copy food, the bathroom is a copy bathroom, the bed is a copy bed, he just got an exact copy of my house.

>be zoomer who wants to play old vidya
>my money doesn't go go the now-defunct studio of devs but some publisher that bought out their library, barring abandonware
>I have no means to alternatively compensate the people who deserve my money the most
This analogy is also applicable to a degree for AAA that's >1 year old and for whom the sale won't reflect positively on the IP.
Is there really any case for buying vidya that isn't newly released and full retail price? The only people who profit after that point are parasitic publishers and even then the sales have trickled to not much more than a minor residual of revenue.

Attached: 1551491865168.jpg (634x485, 97K)

Codex is NOT Jesus

No, you don't get it, he doesn't have a magical copy everything machine, he just has a copy of your house key. Anyone can get a copy of a key made. There's kiosks at the mall for this shit.

never

You ungrateful swine.

I am generally interested if you can find these movies and shows free legally.

Clockwork orange
Lord of the rings: the return of the king
The digimon movie
Transformers armada
Boss baby

Then.. just call the cops?

This is all true

Actually they do more harm then good.

You know why it diesn't sounds logical? because you can't magically make an exact duplicate of stuff IRL out of thin air BUT you CAN make an exact duplicate out of software on the internet.

Stop trying to force examples that are illogical outside of the virtual world.

Then explain how they do more harm than good.

i am da poo poo man and i dont have to explain anything KASHIQKWA

probably an emulator, dont know much about this

Nah, just slightly annoyed

>indie devs even sometimes give you freecodes for their games aslong you mail them and ask for it.
Yeah this is very common. They typically give copies to streamer and reviewers. Really anybody that is significant online is somebody they might want to send a free copy too. What doesn’t help them though are people downloading their game for free. If you are interested in a game it would help more if you just buy it and give it a good review. Also now with stream being so big it is hard for games to go unnoticed.

They arrest him and haul him off, but by that time he's already made hundreds of copies of your house key. And left them in random places around the city. With a note with your address on them. Good luck finding all of them.

Ah yes, when video game industry would barely exist

>Stop trying to force examples that are illogical outside of the virtual world.

Ahem.

Attached: kiosk.png (181x510, 125K)

>I watch anime weekly on my japanese tv or I buy the DVDs
Between VRV, Funimation Now, and Hidive this is possible for under $20/month
>I order all the manga serialization that I read weekly
More and more publications are doing simulpubs now, and are fairly cheap. Hell the American version of WSJ offers the latest chapters for free legally.
>I watched all my movies in the theater, Netflix or rented from the DVD shop, same for TV shows
I don’t go out of my way searching for movies that are not on a service I don’t already subscribe to.
>I bought all the music that I downloaded and listen to on my phone
I only listen to music with my Spotify subscription

You fucking poorfags need to stop COPING so fucking hard, and get a job that allows you to support your hobbies and become a functioning member of society.

Attached: 2504AAF3-897B-4032-9D68-7EEB89C05E95.jpg (702x992, 83K)

True words have been spoken.

Attached: 060A6064_6921ad08-8609-462a-b6c5-d646c6e4483d.jpg (1200x1800, 434K)

Illegal downloads of games displace legal downloads and sales of games. Also pirates that advertise games can just as well advertise piracy and not bring any downloads to the game because the people they advertised to are going to pirate it now.

user, if you are buying vidya, you aren't paying for the disk and what not, you are paying for the devs work hours, equipment, rent and so on, just because you cannot buy the disk with vidya doesn't mean it costed nothing to make

That key required material to be done, it didn't just came into existence magically, funny enough software don't need materials at all you can do as many copies of it as humanly possible and nothing will be lost on the process.

I guess that you are just too dumb to understand and believe on fantasy.

>intellectual property laws are corporate control

Well, stick around we'll see what we can do for you

You life sounds like the most boring shit

Pirating games is not really theft, but I would never do it.
If you pay for the game after you've seen reviews, you are actively saying, this game is good so make more like it. If the game's bad, you wouldn't want to pay for it, but then again, you wouldn't want to play a bad game either.

Rad

>Illegal downloads of games displace legal downloads and sales of games.
How? that people wouldn't download legally on the first place.
>pirates that advertise games can just as well advertise piracy and not bring any downloads to the game because the people they advertised to are going to pirate it now.
Not as long as buyfags and moralfags exist, hell some of them might even go on an autistic overdrive over piratefags and purchase the game out of spite even if they weren't planning to play it on the first place.

The point is that the key can be copied as easily as the game can. And that the key could be copied without your permission. Pick your pocket, swing by one of those machines, make a copy back, put the original back before you realize it's gone. It'd be child's play, and you wouldn't realize what's happened before it's too late.

There’s more to life than sitting by yourself in front of a tv/pc montior user.
Maybe your learn that for yourself one day.

i;m confused, she's not smug is she

Its called a smile, a regular, ol' smile

You are confusing the real world with the virtual world, they are two very different things user.

If real world logic applied to the virtual world then pirating a game will meant that you will take the game for yourself and the developer will lose it, as in the game will be moved from their computer and it will exist only of yours now, also making copies of it will require a resource on the internet and they won't just magically came to be, as in if you have an image you won't be able to make a copy of it without some kind of specific material, so you won't be able to save images to your computer without paying a fee to whoever is selling the image because materials are required to make the image and you can't just copy it yourself as many times as you want out of the blue.

Again it sounds illogical because the real world and the virtual world works differently, one is bound by natural physics while the other is not.

She's happy and content that she married her former student, and cucked her POS imouto.

Trying to justify pirating is pussy shit, just do it and shut the fuck up, jesus christ. I'm tired of arguing over semantics.

Hina is far and away the only redeeming character in that piece of shit series.

It's not a matter of resources, you blithering moron, it's a matter of permission. And a matter of perspective: you say making copies isn't a crime, but do you still believe that when it's your property being copied?

Let me put it in simpler terms: if YOU made a game, and everyone pirated it, wouldn't you be pissed?

They will be playing my game, even if I don't get money I would be pleased and the buyfags and moralfags will give a monetary compensation anyways.

>How? that people wouldn't download legally on the first place.
This is wrong. If there was no way to pirate stuff then at least some of the would be pirates would buy games.

So you live in a fantasy world where there are no piratefags.

>and the buyfags and moralfags will give a monetary compensation anyways.

When I say everyone pirates it I mean EVERYONE PIRATES IT. People go out of the way to avoid paying for your game. The Saw guy puts someone in a deathtrap they can only escape by buying your game, and they choose death.

Are you saying that if people where not able to pirate 100% of the would be pirates would not download games. You are saying the 100% of the piratefags that are playing games would not be playing games because they would have to pay some money? If so you you are currently living in a fantasy land.

So you live in a fantasy world where only piratefags exist.

You'll never cover the cost of the price you paid for a proper gaming pc pirating games.

Illegal downloads do displace legal downloads because it is an alternative to the legal downloads.

I only buy anime games and pirate everything else

Attached: 1546845650927.jpg (500x505, 25K)

Attached: Thank you President Xi!.png (400x800, 141K)

It is even morally right to pirate epic store games, it means you are ensuring chink money gets brought back to the west, buying those games would mean you offset or god forbid even nullify that cost disparity making western money flow into the insect hive even more, buying epic store exclusives is morally wrong towards you and your fellow man and pirating them is the morally right thing to do.

The truest moral thing is to not play hem at all.

Reminder that piratefags will NEVER EVER get Handball 17

Attached: 1535171287667.png (1600x731, 685K)

>it's ok to pirate if..
I have to stop you there.
There is no IF, you pirate because it's free and because you want to.
Trying to moralize it makes you a faggot.

Attached: 1523291264165.jpg (600x800, 65K)

Maybe, but it's still not okay if you can afford the game you are pirating.

I-I DIDN'T WANT IT ANYWAY

Attached: 1546309082398.gif (333x333, 227K)

Thank you president Xi!

based

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 8K)

I only pirate non-games like VNs and """interactive stories"""

DAILY REMINDER

COPYING IS NOT THEFT, COPYING IS FUN

youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4

Attached: Screenshot_20190326_121726.png (1269x665, 378K)

To those of you who say all piracy is wrong no matter what, I ask you this question:

Is it wrong to pirate a game that has been out of sale for 20 years and, for all we know, doesn't even have an IP holder anymore? If this is a crime, who is the victim? What company am I robbing money from? If it's a used reseller, am I taking his game, or am I just making a copy of it?

Off the top of my head, say I want to play Skies of Arcadia. Nobody sells it anymore. Last I recall it's about 18-19 years old. No re-releases on steam or the Switch or any console for that console. It's essentially been abandoned. What would be the crime in emulating it? And before you spout technicalities about muh copyright law, should I really listen to a law that has been constantly influenced and changed by money? Thanks to the (((mouse))) copyright now extends to 100+ years, and it's still going. Is that a law that I should support?

Attached: smug loli.gif (88x128, 103K)

Hell, copyright should only last 7 years. Shit older than that should be public domain.

Funny you mention that since the mouse got all of its popularity from remaking public domain ideas, like snow white and pinocchio. I guess nobody else should ever be allowed to do that.

there's only a crime if someone reports it, if there's no one to report it then there won't be any crimes

i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg

archive.nyafuu.org/meta/thread/217584/

Attached: Niggers understanding macros and scripts.jpg (913x102, 30K)

Pirating videogames is good for the videogame industry.

Attached: 1wz3as.jpg (447x447, 156K)

>will never go free
Most movies will be free eventually. But it would be like some guy back in 1910 putting off watching Birth of a Nation for 100 years because it will be free eventually.

I've got no issues with people pirating, it's your right to do so, however I do give a shit when it comes to niche products. Unlike anime, in which the only way to "support" what you like, and encourage more of it is importing merchandise since western streams pay back almost nothing to the industry, individual game sales actually matter for anything that isn't a AAA huge marketed release. I gladly threw down my money for something like Octopath because I want to help encourage that type of product from Square, while pirating FFXV at the same time.

perhaps, but it's possible for the end results to more or less be the same

Fake news

No copyright should not be that short. I could see parents being that short, but copyright would not do well with a short time frame.

ok retard

>food is the same as vidya
>God, and by extension Jesus, didn't invent food

thank you President Xi

Attached: George Soros calls Xi Jinping ‘the most dangerous enemy’.png (443x436, 320K)

Question for piratefags. How can you roughly estimate how many people have pirated a game or how many times it has been downloaded?

It's NOT THEFT, but it is unauthorised use of intellectual property, and that IS ILLEGAL.