Attached: IMG_6069.jpg (220x234, 23K)

Nomura

open world

Old Man Hands Tabatha

SquareEnix

>released three years ago
>theyre still not finished developing it yet
Incredible

They're still developing this piece of shit?

My PC can't run it

Gameplay sucked dick as much as this tranny does.
Just stack healings and spam attack and you'll kill superbosses no effort.

Attached: 1553324196137.webm (360x640, 1.99M)

lots
development hell
shitty engines
an engine transition
nomura being kicked off the project
square not having any other final fantasies ready forcing this one into the 15 position
ff15 was doomed to fail ever since it was called 15

I ilike it, once everything is finally released for it, no more dlc, no more patches I'll start a new game.

I said this two years ago. Now I have to buy an external HD for my PS4 if I ever want to play it.

The game wasn't finished, like at all. There's clearly a spark of a good game here and lots of elements are legitimately fun, but it's missing at least 10 hours of content that's really needed to pull the story together. The combat is also poorly balanced, with potion popping being a surefire way to beat every single boss regardless of skill or character level.

>story has to be patched up by a movie, an anime, DLC and updates to make any sense
>awful, desert open world with nothing more than fetch quests with very few unique locales
>fucking garbage combat that doesn't know if it wants to be an action game or a RPG so it gets stuck in the middle with none of the challenge of an action game and also none of the strategy of a RPG
There are plenty of others smaller issues but I guess if I had to sum them up, those would be them

Attached: 1553467982499.png (210x339, 126K)

Brotherhood play's alright ay, late game you need a team that actually know's what the fuck they're doing to survive, unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm in an exclusive group of like 15 people that actually play it.

Tabata.

The DLCs
Needing a movie
Needing an anime
Multplayer DLCs
Empty Open World
Shit combat system

can all be traced back to him

Attached: 1538265408487.jpg (749x1111, 178K)

>They're still developing this piece of shit?

The FINAL DLC story DLC (since the rest got cancelled) came out today and to no one's shock it sucks ass.

Attached: 1541651745261.jpg (1200x675, 112K)

A man needs a name.

Not even the music is good.

By now we pretty much know of all of the various disasters and boneheaded corporate decisions that caused the game to end up in Tabata's hands so I don't get why everyone keeps blaming Nomura

At the very least all the games affected by the XIII/XIV debacles are finally out now so maybe Square will finally start to get its shit together

>so I don't get why everyone keeps blaming Nomura

it's just an anti Nomua shitposter

Fabula Nova Crystallis was the worst fucking timeline.

Series lost all magic after 10, which already barely had any.
They need better world designers and simpler more emotional story writing.
But we're not getting another FF game in the next decade anyway, so fuck it. Another franchise down the drain.

This man.

The sooner we get Versus XV, the better. It may be shit, but at least it'd actually have soul.

Attached: file.png (294x437, 196K)

That's a spinoff of the Sakaguchi Final Fantasy Spirits Within timeline.

It was never going to get better after this point.

They booted Nomura, thats it. Even if the story and characters were as bad as they were under Tabata, it would have had at least kickass combat. But it doesn't, it feels bad to play, looks bad, and I hate every single character. Except for Ignis and Aranea, they deserve to be in better games.

>At the very least all the games affected by the XIII/XIV debacles are finally out now so maybe Square will finally start to get its shit together
They've been replaced by new debacles. The XV DLC debacle and the VIIR debacle.

For all the action shit they want they should just bring Kojima on so we can get sexy girls instead of just pretty ones.

>The XV DLC debacle
which is finally over. Ardyn's DLC is the last one

>and the VIIR debacle.
this is going to be a mess the moment it was revealed to be episodic

>which is finally over. Ardyn's DLC is the last one
the effects of it, including the costs, the mismanagements and what has been delayed to get to this point, will be felt for at least another decade.

>we were supposed to get grimdark anime hamlet with kh2 combat

Attached: 1552384374669.jpg (639x607, 82K)

It couldve been semi-hallway like kh3 and nomuras xv still would have been a far superior game. Open world is unironically a mistake

I need to Play a good game right fucking now. I have enough of seeing those stupid, repetetive soulless games that appeals only to lowest garbage eaters

Attached: 1553587489837.jpg (600x720, 35K)

It's a complete mess. The controls are really, really clunky, and the plot shits itself at the halfway mark.

I'll give you a great example, the Leviathan encounter. It's supposed to be a fantastic set-piece, but the camera goes absolutely fucking berserk. More, there's basically no gameplay. You Warp-Strike at his head twice, then - in the second phase - you hold down O and the game does your work for you.

What's the fucking point of that?

>I need to Play a good game right fucking now

Sekiro

I mean it's been a mess since they revealed it's just going to be a KH clone if I'm being honest

I prefer VIIR playing like a KH clone over an XV cone

I'd rather it actually be a JRPG, but you know whatever

pls help i've been fapping to >her for far too long now

Y'all niggas gonna just sit here and pretend like Final Fantasy hasn't been off the rails since this game?

Attached: sazhairsmilechoco.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

It was and is still not complete.

FFXIII was better and had best boy in the series

Attached: Best FF13 boy.jpg (350x350, 27K)

XIII was at least a finished game. The story was completely batshit insane but there was at least an in-game codex to spell things out for you when you were confused.

If fucking only XV had the respect to explain things to you. XV started out as a completely nonsensical mess tied up in a movie and anime, and the DLCs have only made it more and more of an absolute catastrophe.

I mean FFXIII was actually a finished game with a satisfying conclusion. It helped that it had a likeable cast of characters too.

FFXV was an unfinished mess with a plot that was equally as horrible.

Everything.

How?

I beat it once and then said I would wait. Still waiting.

>likeable cast of characters too.
Let's not go too far with those rose-tinted glasses. Hope, Vanille, Fang, and Lightning were all horrifically insufferable. Snow was too much of a complete fucking idiot to get mad at, and then Sazh was only likable because of how disconnected he was from everything. Sazh had a simple motivation and didn't constantly punch people out and fling himself off of buildings for no reason, he's the only relatable character in the whole fucking thing.

and yet better than any member of the boy band from XV

>one thing is fucking awful so that means another thing can't also be fucking awful

Attached: 1532394772803.png (461x468, 237K)

I'm not saying that the XIII cast is great but they are better than the XV cast

I like Noctis desu

Should Square just make a fully action FF spinoff instead of trying ARPGs

>JRPG
It still is though

>100 GB on PC

that's also that big on PS4

I know but still.
I wish decent compression was a thing again

XV has a fucking shit combat system, XIII actually had a fucking amazing combat system.

b-but loading times!

Maybe games are just that big these days, what with open worlds and assets made for 4K

Final fantasy has been shit since 12. Its dead and its never coming back.

If this game had a female protag as main it would've been 1000% better and sold way more.

Execs being retarded, the same reason for every stupid thing square has done in the last 20 years.

>Pulled Nomura off the project so he could make KH3 instead
>Put a vastly under prepared Tabata on it

The game was simply unfinished. This is clear when you consider that 90% of the side quests are MMO tier (go here, get item, come back or go here, kill 10 bears, come back) as well as the fact that the entire part 2 (altissia) and part 3 (niflheim) are largely devoid of content points to the kind of game we could've gotten if they hadn't been forced to rush it out

Verum Rex will be Nomura's Versus KH

Fuck off KH fags

*Nomurafags actually kek