Reminder that you can never go back to the good old days of Maplestory

Reminder that you can never go back to the good old days of Maplestory.

Attached: maple login.jpg (500x500, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NoF8PHQJqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ddd2MInZXUU
youtube.com/watch?v=gfgBDs8z6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=XYtHWyrVm30
youtube.com/watch?v=hYVoxcVK0ns
youtube.com/watch?v=F6LIFBVhObQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X6X7U5V9Obk
youtube.com/watch?v=MBmPOY2PA2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=5FDFLwPw0bU
youtube.com/watch?v=iqWeh-dkwu4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDS4Dd7ULvM
youtube.com/watch?v=YYTuDFsvZNU
youtube.com/watch?v=qbY2KUn3dmM
youtube.com/watch?v=RQKYyBm8s0o
youtube.com/watch?v=fTYJEdEcTbA
youtube.com/watch?v=3jdRxzy3K9s
maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=rememorized&search=true®ion=#ranking
youtube.com/watch?v=qc5Qqw7ABAU
youtube.com/watch?v=DhUdOO9UNwY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RCDa6qo6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I actually like maplestory 2 and have been playing it since launch despite all its flaws
I just wish there were more cosmetics and that half of them weren't locked behind some dumb lootcrate shop

>I actually like maplestory 2 and have been playing it since launch despite all its flaws
Nobody cares retard.

what good old days retard this was always awful

what's a super high rate private server where i can get to max level in a few hours, reminisce in some maps and then put the whole thing back down

youtube.com/watch?v=2NoF8PHQJqQ

Attached: 1551736451671.jpg (228x221, 15K)

You're just upset because you're pining for the good old days instead of making new good days.
Wanna come play with me?

youtube.com/watch?v=ddd2MInZXUU

Attached: 1435817627360.png (633x758, 87K)

133-221-333-123-111

Attached: 1527061986576.png (598x480, 79K)

Don't make me feel like that bro

It's just a spend 500$ on cosmetics and AFK in henesys simulator... but it was MY spend 500$ on cosmetics and AFK in henesys simulator..

Attached: 1553425732072.jpg (1252x1252, 127K)

1. xXDexl3ssS4suk3Xx
2. B>FAME
3. are you israeli?
4. Got track?
5. cc plz
6. B>SCROLLS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2
7. Pan Lids and Kumbi were FKING expensive
8. Tiger and Suuushi
9. Falling into that golem pit when going from Henesys to Sleepy woods
10. That damn iron hog at pig beach
11. When everyone wanted a thief in the party for Haste
12. Accidentally taking the black cab to Sleepy Woods as a noob, and have no messosfor the ride back
13. Hidden-street
14. Going to Orbis and El nath, not having money for the ride home
15. Waiting for mushmom
16. Get freaked out when the C. Balrogs arrived
17. Party members going apeshit when their leader didn't get them into the PQ
18. Autoclick hack
19. Only Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia
20. Screwing up your hair with Amoria hair coupon
21. Hype when Ludi came out
22. People losing their shit when they got defamed
23. Henesys hunting ground
24. F3
25. Do quest for 60% ATT gloves scrolls, then sells it for like 1.5 - 2 mil
26. +15 speed with Red Whip
27. Playing cards or that omok game with strangers
28. That noob with the buzz cut, white tanktop, blue shorts, red boots asking for mesos
29. Those ATT work gloves that were freaking expensive
30. Fangblade first to reach lvl 200

You forgot

>Retards that couldn't KPQ the Ludi PQ box stage

MAYPUL SU TORY

Remember when you were that level 10 Mage in Ellinia? Remember grinding on the stumps and slimes outside with your fellow up and coming magebros?

youtube.com/watch?v=gfgBDs8z6WE

youtube.com/watch?v=XYtHWyrVm30

Attached: 1435817627364.gif (633x758, 13K)

>14. Going to Orbis and El nath, not having money for the ride home
Fuck@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I can't bear it fucking any more...It hurts too much... I can't breathe.... everything is going black...

Attached: itsnotfair.jpg (246x205, 5K)

>no more comfy 2d kmmos

Attached: 1552023523373.jpg (300x300, 27K)

Remember fighting this big guy for the first time? Remember getting frustrated by his constant debuffs and not having all-cures? Remember wondering why he had nipples?

youtube.com/watch?v=hYVoxcVK0ns

Attached: 2069960_orig.gif (548x586, 526K)

this shit is fuccin' beautfiul man

>games will never have this kind of music again

latale and maple both still exist. their western incarnations are absolute garbage though.
in korea you also have ghost online which is based on the chinese zodiac. Very good game that sadly only got a bare minimum localization so most people never saw it.
The western mentality sadly doesn't really coincide with mindless grind. I get it, but it sucks anyway. As such, everything had to be made faster, with lots of 2x and p2w, because people will pay for it, and the companies exist to turn a profit, so they exploit it.

Remember that feeling you had when you first arrived at Lith Harbour from noob island? Being full of hope and wonder? Not knowing where your path will take you? Not realizing the friends you will meet along the way?

Remember Pig Beach?

Attached: lith.jpg (800x600, 113K)

Party grinding at Ludi Vikings

Attached: 991FECCB-D9F5-4F97-9079-05068AFF942B.png (656x755, 42K)

>make friends
>many friends
>do not keep a single one
>am alone today

hang on to your friends

Attached: 1424582131565.jpg (339x338, 13K)

Remember that time you hit level 70 and arrived at El Nath to job advance? After all that hard work grinding and PQing?

Remember just messing around with the slippery snowy surface? Remember how much fun you had doing absolutely nothing without a worry in the world?

youtube.com/watch?v=X6X7U5V9Obk

youtube.com/watch?v=MBmPOY2PA2Q

Attached: El Nath.png (801x600, 1.04M)

fuck off retard we all no u still play the game

All I can really remember is trying to fight that one beast boss in Elinia that only the mages could access and dying over and over till I beat it by sheer luck

Fuck. I miss latale too, and windslayer, and wonderking...

Attached: ydFMVN1.jpg (800x600, 138K)

Reminder that you will never make friends in the Orbis boat cabin ever again.

Remember that one guy who said he'll go outside to save the day from the crimson balrogs? Only to never return? You'll never see him again either.

Attached: maple0311.jpg (800x600, 84K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5FDFLwPw0bU

I tried La Tale not too long ago. Honestly not a fan of the server-sided movement/combat.

>Screwing up your hair with Amoria hair coupon
Fuck

Remember when accuracy was a thing?

Attached: file.png (553x642, 240K)

It happened to me twice on my first character, I will never not be mad.

>Tfw you get the shitty orange buzzcut with lines shaved into it

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

when you used to not be able to jump down from platforms

That's the exact same one I got.

Attached: 1324449862675.jpg (750x563, 126K)

Going through the towers was true hell

This thread happened yesterday and a bunch of the posts in here are carbon copies of those ones
is there some kind of maplestory nostalgiabot going around?

Play mapleroyals or some other private server and close the fucking thread.

Feels more like a user with huge nostalgia for maplestory with text files or some shit of his copypasta.

mapleroyals is pretty nice but I have a problem with their client where I get horrible memory leaks
anywhere between half an hour and 3 hours of play and my computer BSODs
and no, it's not me using a toaster, I play every single other game just fine including official maplestory and other private servers

It’s you using a toaster or specific os and hardware issue. Always.

First started playing in 2007. Some fucker gives me a sleepy wood scroll. Use it and get stuck in sleepy wood at level 11. Takes me 6 hours to parkour the green mushrooms and get back to henesys

Is Reboot worth it?

I remember saving up for that VIP taxi only to be absolute buttfucked and stuck. Was fun eventually making it out. Best 10k I've ever spent

You have to spend at least $30 for 3 pets and pet items to farm mesos. But they removed Singapore (best place to farm mesos for 150 kanna) so I don’t know what they are doing. Play a private server if anything.

Reminder that you will never go on a journey down the Eos Tower with your bro again.

youtube.com/watch?v=iqWeh-dkwu4

Attached: Maple0009.jpg (800x600, 107K)

Still can't for the life of me figure out why I get such a bad memory leak specifically on that one client, it's gotta be some kind of software issue because I'm autistic about my hardware
I was under the impression that mapleroyals uses a base maplestory client and then just patches a few setting to trick it to connecting to a different host, but I've played other private servers on the same version without any hiccups

Or Mabinogi. REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

More like plagerism story

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDS4Dd7ULvM

I never could play Mabinogi because of the IP block on that game. Fuck.

the only thing this song reminds me of was a one off time i chatted up a chick in a small guild i was in. She lived in canada and was in a bad mood so I tried to cheer her up.

I was too young and ignorant to even know what i wanted from her, but I just wanted to keep talking. feels like it must've been the first time i noticed girls in general.

Was a really great game user. One of the best MMOs in my opinion so a shame you missed out. But yeah, Nexon fucked it up like MapleStory. One example was adding pay to win shit called reforges that forever broke the game balance. Oh, and they also 'streamlined' the gameplay and make it more 'fast paced' too. RIP...

Remember that feeling when your party leader gets you in ahead of 3 other parties?

youtube.com/watch?v=YYTuDFsvZNU

Attached: g8l.jpg (353x393, 34K)

Old School Maple is pretty good if you want anything close to similar experience to 2005-2008 maplestory. its around v0.14 MS with Ludibrium coming this weekend. It has varying rates from 2x to 1x. havent played it myself in a while but every other "nostalgia" server is always v0.62 with shit economy and newer content so it stands out. its pretty hardcore since its just very old MS nothing more

Attached: monsters139_fly.gif (200x200, 60K)

does it do that thing where NX drops as a rare(ish) item or make you vote to get an allowance?
Honestly, removing the microtransaction fashion makes the games so much better

I do get nostalgic over the old times but I also enjoy these new times too. I still casually play Maplestory even today and got my first lv200 in 16 years last month. Feels good my nigs.

its 100NX per daily vote and then theres extra things you can do for nx. you can also straight up donate for NX, but its the same cash shop items for everyone. Cash shop is fairly new so theres pretty much nothing in it, some clothes and basic pets.
I havent kept up with the server for 2 months so idk if they changed something

Absolute BEST Maplestory BGM coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=qbY2KUn3dmM

>girl
>chick
>her
>she

What are you trying to do or imply? Shitpost in some other thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=RQKYyBm8s0o

Attached: leonardo-da-vinci-the-virgin-of-the-rocks-the-virgin-with-the-infant-st-john-adoring-the-infant-chri (240x300, 14K)

I miss the ship to Orbis. The one where you have to wait and interact with people.

Same reason a lot of people today complain about the lack of party quests. Or more so that it's 100% not optimal to do them ever. The social aspect of the game is non existent.

youtube.com/watch?v=fTYJEdEcTbA

They removed that? Maplestory has really gone to shit hasn't it

fucking kill yourself reddit tourist

I remember as a kid I got myself deep into Sleepywood abd El Nath before I ever even had a level 30 character and went on a whole journey trying to get back.
That shit was so much fun. The sense of size and adventure that MS gave is still unmatched to this day for me.

>when you put your first point into magic bolt and get your first magic attack
>that 30 slime and 10 slime bubble mission
>getting magic claw for the first time

I actually went there at level 40 to check it out. I remember buying all the unique stuff there as souvenirs because it was a long ass walk back to Ludi.

I remember my one experience with Maplestory as a kid is that right as I went to try it out, my parents called me out to do yardwork for the day and by the time I came back in, my friends were playing another game and joined them, somehow completely forgetting to try out Maplestory.

I regret that decision.

I always brought a pack of cards for that.
Its instant now. Also I think the ship wasn't in ellina but somewhere in the center of maple Island.

I remember one guy summoned and Balrog and turned it into a snail at KPQ. Shit was hilarious. It would crawl on the floor below the sewer holes and one shot the level 20+.

I hate that maplestory 2 introduced an anywhere dungeon queue system. It should have made you at least travel to the map to queue.
As a result, 99% of the world is dead because there's no reason to travel anywhere. It's a real shame.

3 is kinda random... Were they that many?

Shit that takes me back
Takes me back so hard

You obviously didn't play back then.

I think this is what finally got me to quit the game

same here.. i remember being so pissed out of frustration and then asked some dude to help me please and he gave me a lith harbor scroll. a few weeks later i was like level 20 and took the vip taxi back there..

Remember Aqua Road?

youtube.com/watch?v=3jdRxzy3K9s

>Good old days
Maplestory was always shit

i started in 2007, first character was a thief
>took me a month to get to 30
>grind on octopus in the hidden map in kerning city with a party of 6 lol
>fucked up all my stats but didn't care, got the hang of make sure your dex is 2x your level pre 50 and rest into luk
>job advance to bandit because savage blow looked fucking amazing
>remember saving up $30 of lunch money to buy a NX card and waste it all at Showa to try and get dreamcatcher hair cut - and fail horribly
>spend every weekend night in ant tunnel and monster carnival
>get to around 50 and stop leveling and start traveling with friends
>remember finding that place in ellinia where you can fall of the map to go to sleepywood (highest point)
>that place in showa were you can find red slimes
>hunting mushmom for illbies
>quit and return during big bang where leveling was so fucking easy
>play for like 3 more years than quit at 150 something
>join again in reboot and the game was fun at first but got bored
>join reboot again and find out i can't make mesos anymore because kanna is useless
lol nexon america
my character is still on rankings.. maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=rememorized&search=true®ion=#ranking

>good old days of Maplestory
Maplestory was never good though.

Attached: 1337785308409.jpg (200x200, 28K)

the christmas event.. THE FUCKING CHRISTMAS EVENT. the music.. and decorating the tree with penis.. i spent christmas with my cousins and guild on maplestory in that vip house and remmeber grinding ice shards for that christmas chair.. AAAAH THE MEMORIES

Attached: your-gay.png (201x193, 3K)

>girlfriend used to love playing maplestory
>got her account banned out of nowhere for no reason
>no appeal
>never played it again out of stubbornness

>maplestory m comes out
>she gives in and plays it
>gets me to play it with her
>not digging it, but at least most things can be autoplayed
>a year goes by
>finally get a mythic weapon
>buy some enhancement scrolls and start upgrading star level
>accidentally forget to use the scroll ONE TIME
>broken

Fuck Maplestory. That enhancement system is bullshit. I'm not going to waste another five months of my time to get one fucking weapon up to mythic.

t. friendless brainlet

>spend every weekend night in ant tunnel
I remember the days of that dark and miserable dump, everyone party grinded there because it was so big. God I miss it.

I thought MapleStory M closed?

youtube.com/watch?v=qc5Qqw7ABAU

>you now remember the gobies

Attached: deepsea.jpg (800x608, 194K)

that's pocket maplestory

Remember the good old days of Cygnus Knights?

youtube.com/watch?v=DhUdOO9UNwY

i remember getting the cygnus knight pop up when i logged in and it scared the shit out of me

there was maplestory adventures, on facebook, closed. maplestory live came during/after it, that closed too.
then was pocket maplestory, that just c losed in korea pretty recently.
maplestory M is pretty much the perfected version of the mobile formula for maple. It's super popular in korea, like top 10 games.

Maplestory 2 is fucking garbage and rightfully dead. Project new leaf won't fix shit.

Good ol OP adventurers. Did they remove the level cap on them now?

it's a shame they removed the few good things about ms2 in the localization process, and added in the stupid shit no one liked, like fair fight
>but they removed it!
yeah and TOR fixed a lot of it's problems. Doesn't matter.

Ah, right. How even is MapleStory M, then? Anything like the ol days?

"the old days" well no it doesn't magically transport you back in time to when the internet wasn't watched like a hawk by everyone and strictly policed and controlled where you're tied to your real life identity because no one respects the release of anonymity.

No, it's nothing like that. It's a shitty mobile game with a maplestory skin.

A long time ago.

in a galaxy far away xD

MS1 was a bad game in retrospect. Everyone was just young and stupid at the time and it had the blessing of being released before discord and mobile apps/gaming took off.

Missing the point

But it's fun.

It will never be the same feeling my brothers.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RCDa6qo6w

Reminder that you can NEVER go back.

Attached: oldmaple8.png (800x600, 353K)

>numaplestory goes 500% all-out on epic, fully orchestral hans zimmer style music
>it just can't match the charm of old maplestory's shitty synthesized tunes
How is it possible?

Attached: 1435817627364.png (633x758, 97K)

Developers falling for the "cinematic experience" meme, that's how.

Honestly the only thing I hate about early MS1 in comparison to the current are the classes. Blaster, Phantom, basically any incredibly mobile class is so much fun. I'm a Blaster main and I just fucking zoom around the entire map punching enemies till they explode.

The newer classes having more mobility is nice, but I feel that the game suffers for it in the long run. None of the classes feel unique form each other and everything became too spastic and individualistic for me.

t. brainlet. Every single class having mobility now is soulless.