What does it mean when I used to play videogames for 10+ hour binges mainly strategy and sandbox games and now I barely...

What does it mean when I used to play videogames for 10+ hour binges mainly strategy and sandbox games and now I barely play any video games at all besides Cookie Clicker?

Attached: cookieclicker-header-720x720.jpg (640x426, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it means you gay

It means you're a lazy piece of shit who would rather sit and rot than do anything fun.

I'm in the exact same boat dude. I think this is what getting old is like? At least I'm going home soon

It means you've gotten tired of video games and you should spend time with another hobby.

Strategy rts is dead, you dont have time for several hour long periods of concentration, cookie clicker is adictive and you fell for it hard.

As long as you dont go too crazy on it, its understandable.

It's not what getting old is like. I'm 28 and play video games more now than I ever used to. With a stable income and my own place to do what i want I find myself able to play more and focus more on completing games instead of just fucking around when I was a teen or kid.

It means you're an idiot. Stop playing skinner boxes. It's literally just a time waste that feeds on your monkey brain's "enjoyment" of seeing numbers get higher. Play something that challenges you and improves your skill.

My first thought

Speak for yourself. The older I get the more longer, deeper games I enjoy instead of switching around so many games so fast.

depression

Not playing video games isn't fucking depression. It means you're lazy. Tired of people using "depression" as a catch-all for "i don't want to do anything other than sit here and stare passively at a screen"

that's just being a lazy fat ass

I would rather browse Yea Forums and watch youtube videos than play video games it feels like. Or go out somewhere.
I also wonder if it has something to do with being older. I'm 26 but I look at younger people grinding away for stats in some RPG or playing some FPS and it seems like something for children to occupy and train the problem solving areas of their mind or something. I also used to play huge amounts of TF2 and L4D2 before. I know what it's like to keep playing round after round and grinding level after level and feeling that urge to keep going and going into the middle of the night. For me though nowadays I just don't tend to get sucked into it for some reason or another.

>losing interest in things you were heavily interested in before isn't a sign of depression

Attached: 1490263646649.gif (298x301, 1.81M)

It's called fatigue. Drop video games for a while and do something else until you really feel like playing again. Catch up on your anime or someshit.

Post your bakery progress

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (1566x964, 2.14M)

Attached: cc1.png (546x488, 407K)

no thanks i'm more of a zombidle kind of guy

bump

Are you me? Exact situation

I want to get involved in big long games but find it hard to identify useful blocks of time these days. Because you need to plonk down 2 hours at a time for these things or else you feel like you've achieved nothing.
There's still a couple of hours here and there, but I often don't realise it until the time is up - IE: "Shit man, I could've spent that time doing some proper gaming instead of just futzing about on forums/youtube"

So you end up playing quick shallow games because you don't need to sink hours at a time on them.
And then you get a backlog of long games and feel conflicted as to if you should plough through the long games or knock over the small games, and by the time you decide you've run out of time for either.

you've burned out. don't worry. I've been exactly where you are now. you'll get better and back to real vidya in no time.

>Implying people who play video games aren't the laziest people on the planet

fpbp
OP must now present us with his clean shaven bussy

kittens game is the best incremental

I haven't been actively playing for about a month now.

Attached: 9c825fa1b214b1aad5adef145a6cc1f4.png (837x460, 313K)

How long did it take? It's been a couple of years for me now. I don't actually have a big urge to get back into games. I sort of enjoy letting my mind wander as I idly browse the net rather than focusing intently on a game. Although, on rare occasion, I will get sucked into a game for a while and get that old familiar binging feeling again.

Your attention span is dead due to overuse of electronics. I bet you never read or spend time outside either.

play realm grinder or NGU idle or Trimps instead

>I bet you never read or spend time outside either.
You're wrong about that, I do read occasionally and also go outside.
But I do think my attention span is short at least for games and movies etc. I do like looking at nature though.

Then do that shit more, I enjoy games best after a good hike or workout.

it's called en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia you dumb retards

>anhedonia is a component of depressive disorders