This game and the "New" franchise represent what is wrong with Mario

This game and the "New" franchise represent what is wrong with Mario.

>Generic worlds
>Dumb overhyped powerups
>Same story
>Same enemies
>Same and easy gameplay
>Lackluster level design
>Overpriced when there isn't any content at all

I really don't know why anyone would ever want this on the Switch when it's clear that even Nintendo is afraid of this embarrassment, showing how they removed it from Captain Toad and the Mario Main Timeline says it all.

Attached: SI_WiiU_SuperMario3DWorld_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 341K)

>when it's clear that even Nintendo is afraid of this embarrassment, showing how they removed it from Captain Toad and the Mario Main Timeline says it all.
And they put it in Mario Maker because...?

>Dumb overhyped powerups
>Same story

Implying that story is important in any Mario game, but even so, 3D World easily has the most unique story of Mario Games, since it differs from "Bowser kidnaps Peach".

Also, fuck you, Cat Bell and Double Cherries are great powerups.

Attached: youdense.jpg (600x494, 44K)

Because Mario Maker is just a spinoff that people will forget about in 3 months.

3D World is a blast in multiplayer, but just okay as a singleplayer game
lmao OP how clueless are you

>Mario Main Timeline
You idiot, the distinction they made was between the two different gameplay styles of 3D Mario. Otherwise that would mean they also removed the Galaxy games.

Imagine being this dumb

Were you in a coma when they announced Mario Maker 2 by chance?

They've made it really kid friendly, so most of the gameplay is pretty easy and repetitive

>B-BUT MY LORE

Nigga. Mario absolutely has no lire whats so ever. But i agree with everything else. Mario 3d world is shit.

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (900x900, 46K)

oh no no no ahahahaha

>*lore

>adopt a Wii U way late
>very interested in Mario Maker but know it has an updated version on 3DS
>finally replace broken 3DS
>Nintendo announces a Switch version

Attached: giphy.gif (275x226, 1.14M)

>updated version on 3DS
more like downgraded version

The Switch one is a sequel, though it looks like it includes everything from the original and makes it obsolete anyway. Also, the 3DS version is gimped in regards to sharing levels, I'd recommend against getting it.

>Because Mario Maker is just a spinoff that people will forget about in 3 months.

Holy fuck, how are some people so dumb?

Attached: DHD.gif (640x326, 23K)

Whining about the story is fucking retarded but otherwise I agree. People absolutely overrate the shit out of 3DW and NSMBU (and a lot of Yea Forums is actually disgustingly zoomer enough to declare them the best 3D and 2D games respectively).

Still, the Wii U as a system was antiquated by the time I actually got one. With that system long dead and the 3DS version antiquated, I'm never going to play this game until or if I get a Switch.

3D Land and 3D World are basically if you took a 2D Mario and made it 3D, rather than copying Super Mario 64 again.

NSMBU is bland as shit but 3D World actually has some good level design, and is absurdly long. It pales in comparison to other 3D Marios but on its own it's a fun game

>3 months
Nigga it lasted years on the shitfest that was Wii U, it will be the bomb on Switch, an actually popular console.

We know you fucking idiot. We've literally been saying this since nsmb wii if not galaxy