So now that the dust has settled

can we finally admit that dark souls 3 was just mediocre at best? It has restrictive role playing and zero story. What upsides it has can be countered easily with cons.

Attached: oKxXdLx.jpg (333x401, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Su9sdBE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How about you just kill yourself?

>What upsides it has can be countered easily with cons
This is true of every soulsborne

my little meme upset you that much? I knew this game had autistic fans, wew lad they use a game to substitute a personal identity?

which makes it merely an okay game, it doesn't make it good or great. If the sum of the parts are good half the time why give it raving reviews?

>dark souls 3 was just mediocre at best?
How do you figure?
>restrictive roleplaying and zero story
Only one of those is true (restrictive roleplaying), and that is enough for you to denounce it as mediocre?

Attached: 4.png (569x802, 482K)

3 is probably the one i replayed the most.
I love it in equal measure to the first.

The entire game was literally just a bunch of cut content from DS2 and Bloodborne that they somehow made into a functional, good game.

The story was fine until the DLC's and instead of using them to fill in bits of the story already set up and give a clearer picture, they flew off in a random direction and actually made a mess of the story already there. They were basically the worst DLC's of all the Soulsborne games as they ended up making the game worse than better.

The controls and UI and how the game plays in general are generally mostly upgrades from DS1/2 though.

>It has restrictive role playing
Did any other game have a similar thing to the Yuria/Londor optional storyline choices to open a 3rd ending?

I agree that the DLC should've expanded/expounded on the Deep, on the stories of the Profaned Capital, the Abyss Watchers, angels, etc. But I don't think the DLC retroactively makes the game or the story worse.

I didnt ever think it was objectively the best of the Souls series but its the one I played the most. Something about it. The DLCs were really disappointing tho.

>How do you figure?
I feel like with it's few attacks you can use for a weapon can make it boring, especially if you put a ton of resources into it. It also forces you to play the same strategy IE being very aggressive with enemies.

>Only one of those is true (restrictive roleplaying), and that is enough for you to denounce it as mediocre?

I'd have to spend a tooooon of extra time to get a 1h shield build up to my 2h quality build. For a role playing game to make role playing more of a exercise in overcoming unique and additional adversity. and magic is nice but I don't remember it being that good.

seems like it'd be a better DLC, since as is you can complete it in 2hrs.

are you saying hidden endings make it unique or endings that are different depending on what you did? Cause I think a few elder scrolls games did that first.

>I feel like with it's few attacks you can use for a weapon can make it boring, especially if you put a ton of resources into it. It also forces you to play the same strategy IE being very aggressive with enemies.
Ehh I dunno what to say. The attacks are all weighty and nicely animated that the few attacks there are doesn't bother me; the games have never been about flash. Also, any greatshield allows you to turtle with ease.
>I'd have to spend a tooooon of extra time to get a 1h shield build up to my 2h quality build
Wat. I have a level 50 that can two hand a greatsword and off hand a medium shield.
>seems like it'd be a better DLC, since as is you can complete it in 2hrs.
This isn't an argument for mediocrity.
>Cause I think a few elder scrolls games did that first.
user counters your assertion with the role playing as the Lord of Hollows. That Elder Scrolls did it first is whataboutism and has nothing to do with your initial assertions. What is this thread, man? Did you just wanna talk about DSIII?

DaS1>BB>DeS>DaS3>DaS2>Sekiro
I've beaten the first 4 several times. DaS2 and Sekrio once and I have zero intention of ever playing them again.

Oh boy, this lame ass shit again.. . . .
Just go away kid.

Patrician taste
Whats bad about sekiro tho? I'm thinking about buying it

lolwut?
Base ds3 story fucking sucks.
>latest guy supposed to link the fire said no and is just buttfucking his brother till everything dies
>literally same endings as the first game

>has "aesthetic" in user name
>thinks DS3 was mediocre
Wtf why are DS2 fans so obsessed? Bunch a psychos Illtellyouwhat.

>wanted better and more fashion
>got less fashion
>Sekiro deleted all fashion
So what, after all the clipping and seams they just gave up? Come on, Miyazaki.

Yikes

BB>>>Sekiro>DS3>DS1>DeS>>>>>>>DS2

Attached: 643466336.jpg (387x491, 33K)

3 had the best combat and the tightest controls.
2 had the best magic system out of the games.
1 had the best NPCs and bosses up until Lost Izalith.

I think overall 3 is the best though, but 1 easily outclasses it in world building and bosses. I hate how the bosses in 3 all had a second phase... that was supposed to be special and an 'oh shit' moment, but they do it straight up with Iudex Gundyr and it just sets the tone to be dull. At least it's not as bad as 2 with its dudes in armor bosses.

Attached: 1522875447571.jpg (639x545, 83K)

Now that the dust has settled, is OP epic?
discord.gg/Su9sdBE

Attached: 1543021289667.jpg (450x447, 57K)

Story? None of the games in the series have a story worth mentioning. You have to kill bosses to go further until you do something with a fire. It's 100% no deeper or more interesting than that. The progression is based on enjoying the exploration and overcoming difficulties. If you honestly have started any Souls games engaged with the plot and being interested in how it plays out, you are officially the most boring person on earth.

I find all 3 good games. Not for the same reasons but why would I want every game to be the same? I love that From isn't interested in making the same exact game over and over again.

Cringe and Redditpilled

Based and redpilled

I thought we agreed on this years ago. The weapon arts system is great and it accordingly has the best weapon movesets in the series, but it was otherwise mediocre and had the worst world design of the series by far.

Dark Souls 3 has the best gameplay so that makes it the best one. Why should anything else matter?

Attached: 1515982145352.jpg (780x970, 129K)

I like how people think muh build variety muh character creation means anything when the gameplay is hot shit (DS2)

Attached: 367373467.jpg (477x477, 41K)

I think weapon arts are dumb. It is hilarious how there are stupid flashy anime weapons like frayed blade and ringed greatswords but best weapon is still longsword or lkss

This

BB Sekiro and DS3 are objectively much superior to any previous Soulslike except for Nioh

Attached: 1541816120850.jpg (780x846, 53K)

Miyazaki also gave up on making attractive females altogether as Sekiro has nigh zero waifu bait. Good thing his homolust tendencies is still around tho

>latest guy supposed to link the fire said no and is just buttfucking his brother till everything dies
Alright you summarized what happens, now why does this suck? I'm sure the brothers were doing a lotta sucking, but that's not rhetorical.
>literally same endings as the first game
This part actually sucks, yes.

It's the best one. I cannot go back to DS1 after getting used to this one. Not that I would since I played the ever living shit out of DS1 from 2011 to 2019.

>now why does this suck?
Because that is literally it. Rest of the story is "remember this area/character from das1"

This is my first souls game and I'm currently in Ankr Londo.
I'm planning on playing Dark Souls1 after finishing it.
How different are their gameplays?

Attached: 1534291001400.jpg (773x659, 35K)

Can someone explain me how was Havel the Rock alive in the three games?

DS1 is much slower. Everything moves slower, your character, the enemies. There's a chance you won't like it.

Yeah, I suppose. They really, really, really needed characters that commented on the state of the world in DSIII. Emma is the only NPC that talks about Prince Lothric, we have no idea why when Yhorm linked the fire the Profaned Capital was destroyed, nobody talks about the Abyss, the Deep, none of that interesting concepts.
Havel was a man, but he also had a troupe and it's assumed they all had rock armor like he did + fanservice.

Attached: Fuck.jpg (960x540, 237K)

DS3 was pretty mediocre and it's only better than 2 because 2 is absolute trash
DS3 feels like just a combination of elements from previous games and has nothing new or original, it might be refined but souless

It was some fag wearing his shit. Also fanservice. Havel armor is fugly so don't know why people liked it

DS3 was pretty mediocre and it's only better than 2 because 2 is absolute trash
DS3 feels like just a combination of elements from previous games and has nothing new or original, it might be refined but souless

>and has nothing new or original
I remember the Champion Gundyr fight from Dark Souls 1, as well. And the Dancer, the Pontiff; the Dreg Heap, the Judicator Giants...

I wonder why they picked earthen peak of all ds2 areas to put in the dlc

It was the one time literally everyone would've been okay with bringing back Drangleic Castle and dragon riders.

I played the games in order and rate them
3>2>1>DeS where every game is still worth replaying because they are all good and do at least one thing better than others in the series.

Ds 2 and 3 play the fucking same as 1. Theyre just boring to me.

I didn't think much of it but the DLCs were so fucking awful that I started hating it after going through them. No replay value at all compared to the other souls games, too.

Attached: 7879198910.png (370x768, 500K)

I like all Soulsbornekino games