Does anyone else honestly dislike Sekiro...

Does anyone else honestly dislike Sekiro? It's like Fromsoft removed all of the fun parts of a Souls game and replaced them with Ubisoft-tier stealth sections and rooftop climbing.

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1600x900, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6-uOP3pa0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only good stealth game i ever played was Splinter Cell

What are the fun parts for you that were removed?

Git ___
I think you already know this one

>Does anyone else
I keep seeing this same shill use this same line over and over again

build variety, weapon variety, level design that isnt just a linear path, not having every fight turn into a parryfest (it was optional instead), more interesting enemy designs, replayability, invasions, etc

all trite. you've never played the game.

At least it's an improvement over "Am I the only one?"

I don't find the combat innately fun, so I don't want to 'git gud' enough to beat it.

Attached: 7d41e3812b480b2c924250a29afc75bcf3c2112cbe8b0e52f97b501b070d0813.jpg (496x480, 49K)

The fun part was OP summoning the two of us and standing in the corner while we killed every single boss in the game for him.

I like it. It's not perfect, nothing is, but anything less than perfect is considered shit in this board.

Parryfest vs a rollfest? The world opens up quite a bit more after the first couple main bosses. The enemies always start pretty generic in souls games

>level design that isnt just a linear path
dude what

I haven't played it yet, but this is exactly what I saw coming. An attempt to appeal to casuals more after testing the waters with the regain health mechanic in Bloodborne

I like the game well enough, but stealth seems almost pointless.
The enemies are usually always in groups so you just sucker punch one guy and either fight the rest or grapple away and repeat.
And the archers/musketeers immediately spot you with no buildup.
Am I missing something?

You are going to get absolutely destroyed and eat your words, casual.

I already gave up on this horseshit. My breaking point is when I'm about to beat a boss, but I decide to take 5 steps to gain some ground, the boss decides hes not interested anymore and regains all of his health back. I was hanging in fine with the git gud trope but honestly I lack the patience and I'm done because this game makes it a chore to play. Returning this shit tomorrow and going back to rdr2.

This really. The game can go suck a dick with its "your sword does jack shit, but your opponent can own your ass in 2 moves even though you both are using a fucking sword" bullshit

>Sekiro
>casual

Attached: mj.gif (320x240, 1.13M)

>more interesting enemy designs
Dohohoho, you have not played that much have you

The only thing I dislike is every bow guy has Hawkeye gaugh rings on and for several seconds after spotting you just blindly fires exactly where you are, even if it's through a wall. Not to say they aren't easy to deal with, you one shot the majority, it's just janky.

Attached: Dork_Sowells_2.jpg (700x508, 80K)

What really bothers me about these games is that there is too little gore, no realism at all.
You run around, stab and cut things with a sword and literally NOTHING happens.
I want a game engine that can cut things in half. It's 2019 damn it.
But i guess some stupid pussies are scared of MUH dead pixels, need that censorship right.
I hate this semi-realism with a passion.

If it gives them funding for Armored Core, then so be it.
It was alright, but Souls is a better game, through and through

It took me a few hours to get into it but I honestly loved it.

The RPG mechanics in Soulsborne were always tacked on. Sekiro cut out the bloat and refined on Fromsoft's best qualities. The one exception is the stealth which is definitely undercooked, but it needs to be significantly improved rather than removed. I really hope they make a high-quality expansion.

Attached: sekino.png (343x117, 73K)

The best part of soulsborne games for me was exploring spooky locations before inevitably stumbling onto a boss.

Sekiro on the other hands just feels like a boss rush game. There's barely anything worth of note between boss areas.

>NO NO NO WHY CAN'T I GRIND LEVELS LIKE A LITTLE BABY AND USE CRYSTAL WEAPON 2KAT WITH HOMING SOULMASS AND SPAM R1?
Get rekt shitters.

Attached: 9d3.jpg (1125x900, 91K)

>exploring spooky locations before inevitably stumbling onto a boss

That's exactly what Sekiro is though. If anything Sekiro focuses more on exploration than every other Soulsborne sans the first Dark Souls.

Yeah I don't like it, I also don't like asian culture in general. Samurai/Shinobi shit doesn't do anything for me

It's well enough crafted though. I'll keep playing probably

The only thing I can agree with is replayability and invasions. But it was a sacrifice they made for a more quality product. It feels more polished than any other of their games.

Completely untrue.
You grapplehook through copy-pasted environments with nothing of note in them.
Also bosses are like 5 minutes apart so you don't get to "explore" anything.

The post that cemented that fact that you haven't played either game

Lmao si you didnt play bloodborne either?

I don't even want to play it. There seem to be nothing interesting, it's just a hack and slash. No great story and atmosphere, no exploration, no secrets, no items and gear.

If you left far enough for it to regain health that's your own fault.

i just dont like sword combat. give me more armored core. i never gave a shit about any of these souls games one bit. tried a few. got bored in an hour or so

Did you miss Reveangence or something?

Git fucked?

They removed garbage mechanics that made Souls games piss easy or added nothing to the game, and they also made Sekiro a proper action game instead of a pseudo RPG.

Ds is perfect-er.

Pretty much.

I'm loving the open area stealth parts. The level design and atmosphere is amazing. But I just don't like the combat, especially on bosses. I lose all motivation after a few attempts. But of course any criticism of the game is met with "git gud xD".

>No great story and atmosphere

And you gathered that how, exactly? I have my complaints, but Sekiro has the most coherent, emotional narrative of any Fromsoft game.

watched a few lets play and seems very dull... no character customizations, no armor, you use the same sword the entire game.

Man, it's like it's not a souls game or something

>but Sekiro has the most coherent, emotional narrative of any Fromsoft game.

>the only other fromsoft games Ive played are dark souls

>but Sekiro has the most coherent, emotional narrative of any Fromsoft game
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6-uOP3pa0

I thought I could hack it because I beat Nioh but this game is killing me lads. Made it past the ogre but I can’t get past the spear guy with a hundred adds around him. Maybe I should give up.

It's a chingchong setting.
>muh oni
>muh shogun
>muh fight to unite nippon
Literraly the only story there can be

You can just sneak up and kill them all, if he gets aggro just grapple away for a minute and stab him in the back. Got him first try with oil and fire.

If you are having problems sneaking in the area watch out for the dude with the going up high on the right. If you kill anyone before him he alerts everyone.

Has anyone tried both jap and eng voices? I only downloaded the english selective like a retard and figured it out too late. It's like an hour to reinstall the whole thing with the other voices, is it worth it?

>i can't summon help
>game is bad

LMAO GIT GUD

They should honestly copy the parry system, implement it into souls bourn and make it an alternative to dodging based on stat investment.

Shield Gameplay in souls always needed something to make it more engaging.

no it isn't, there is so many places from BB and DS1/2/3 that ooze character and feel cohesive. Sekiro is pretty bland and repetitive in its level design save a few well thought out (visually) areas. Fountainhead, however its very small stands out and very choice parts of senpou

Why have you never played Thief or Styx?

DaS2 had terrible locations

I honest to god think Nioh did it better, and cucked From out of their own game.

Attached: 485510_screenshots_20190326012642_1.jpg (1920x1080, 413K)

Nigga 4A is an overrated mess and incoherent as fuck, and I say that coming off the heels of replaying 3 up to LR.

>numbers
disgusting

Japanese is superior in every way considering the game is set in Japan

I almost always prefer dubs, even for anime on the rare chances I watch that stuff (like 3 series), but even I play this game with Japanese audio.

It's easily the more kino experience.

Its a mediocre game that lacks polished mechanics and still relys on the souls gimpy,janky combat .

Wasted potential is all ican think of when i play Seikiro,but its a good time sink for now till Dragons Dogma comes out on the switch