Why do people play boring dumb physical hitters in rpg or mmos? They're so fucking boring, close combat, tanking...

Why do people play boring dumb physical hitters in rpg or mmos? They're so fucking boring, close combat, tanking, dps and shit while magic classes are far more superior and badass in a fuck ton of games. Magic is better and cooler.

Attached: wizard pepe.jpg (736x815, 38K)

Depends on the game. D2 for example I prefer playing barb, but in DA:O I only play mage because they get the most variety.

>da: o
>siding with literal terrorists and homicidal maniacs who regularly get possessed and fuck everything up

I always played
Hunter/ranger rogue types in every game given the option

But i have to agree with op i have gone to almost exclusive magic user now days

nice opinion

I always wondered why people chose soldier in Mass Effect games. Its just so boring compared to tech and biotic classes. Disdain for normal fags

Attached: normies.jpg (205x246, 32K)

Monks are superior because of chi magic and can disembowel knights in full-plate with only their bare fists.

sometimes its cool to smash stuff, but it really depends on the game and I've only find myself rarely playing a melee character

How long does 98 pound magic boy last against against anything more than a goblin without loyal tank friend

This.

Nimble classes are the actually "cool" classes. They appeal to people with an IQ below 100 (so most blacks, Hispanics and 13-year olds).

Some people like tanks because being the guy who takes all the hits makes them feel like they're more important than everyone else. It strokes their ego. This kind of thinking is actually sort of embedded into RPGs, since the classic tank, the Paladin, is often the main protagonist or party face/leader.

Heavy damage dealers, however, don't have that going for them. So who plays those classes? I've found it to be mostly normal people. This category has some crossover with tanks, and people who play both tend to be kind of normal, but it also has crossover with the nimble classes, and so the 13-year olds apply here (especially if the class is edgy, like a Dark Knight). Otherwise, honestly, any class where you just whap things over and over again I find get played by people who don't feel like thinking, they just want to hang out and see big numbers.

Casters fall into two categories. Offensive casters tend to be quiet, maybe introverted or doused with insecurities, they play a class everyone will pat them on the head for, but they do it from the back so nobody notices them when they're screwing up. Defensive casters are played by the most extroverted people I have ever met; people who talk a mile a minute; socialites; so-and-so's girlfriend. Despite playing the most highly demanded role, they'll probably take the longest to level up because they spend half their playtime in town talking to people. The healslut meme is kind of true, as it's an offshoot of this - they just want attention.

None of these account for twinks. Twinks will play whatever's the best, even if they look ridiculous doing it.

Attached: 1549192485575.png (1264x3672, 495K)

Nah, I play tanky characters because I'm bad at games and need all the hp I can get.

The design philosophy of the caster in most games is "let me slowly cast my big spell and if I finish you get blasted by some shit".
The problem is this isn't engaging and combat becomes finding a safe spot to finish a cast before getting hit.

The closest this is to being fun is probably in DD where your Pawns can help keep some heat off of you and the spells are very smoothing implemented so you don't feel like a sitting duck like in Souls combat.

you never played a fury warrior in wow have you?
shits like playing a bersker that just keeps on attacking no matter whats happening. its fun as fuck.

>not playing a swashbuckler in nwn or nwn2 excluisively.

This is the most autistic thread I've read in at least 10 threads, so nice job lad.

Attached: 1386792637601.gif (700x311, 422K)

I want this poster quality

Whoever did this is blatantly knew for forgetting to add Teehee the jubilant

Attached: tehee.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Every time I see this image it evokes a longing deep in my soul, fucking why it's a god damn autistic frog

Video RPGs honestly are just a sad imitation of their tabletop inspiration. Developers still haven't embraced the video game medium for what it offers that tabletop doesn't, while simultaneously retaining what works in both. I think Dark Souls comes the closest, though.

Attached: 1549130431231.jpg (4392x4252, 2.4M)

Would a sort of spell combo system work better where you combo progressively increasingly powerful spells until you reach your strongest one?

Possibly, anything that would make the player be more directly involved in combat rather than trying to keep an distance to unload.

As many have Yea Forums have also suggested, magic can be literally fucking anything so there can be loads of possible fun utility mechanics.

Dark Souls spells are still honestly sort of clunky and boring to use. Even the ever increasing amount of melee spells are fucking slow as all hell.

>He doesn't like charging into enemies and not dying
Tanks a best
Even better when they can heal themselves