What are some comfy games to play while you listen to a podcast or commentary?

what are some comfy games to play while you listen to a podcast or commentary?

Attached: file.png (1113x766, 2.08M)

you just posted my go-to

This is easy but i also do it with rimworld

hell yeah user
some others I know are KSP, Rimworld, Dwarf Fortress, Warframe
feels bad being a brainlet that can't design good factories, mine looks like potatoes but it werks

Attached: file.png (1115x767, 2.36M)

I listen to podcasts while gaming most of the time, trying to break that habit with single player games tho.

The main trick is to use way more space than you need on everything, it makes routeing things much easier and can be far less spaghett

More 'tism than comfy:
>Oxygen Not Included
>Tropico
>Factory Town

More comfy than 'tism:
>Equilinox

Mount and Blade.

Oxygen Not Included and Factorio are my main ones
Factorio is easier to zone out on, because you know when you're safe and you stay safe for a while. If you aren't paying enough attention in Oxygen Not Included shit can get out of hand really fast

Factory town looks dope, i might have to try it.

It's somewhat short, but I had enough fun with it to buy it after pirating.
It's Factorio lite, except 3D.

That one
Terraria
WoW to a lesser extent

Rimworld, Factorio, Oxygen Not Included are solid recommendations already in this thread. Some others are,

Prison Architect
Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Don't Starve
Stardew Valley
Project Zomboid if Stardew Valley is a little too comfy.
Sheltered (not to be confused with Shelter)

I just can't stand to turn down that Tropico soundtrack far enough to listen to a podcast.

Find a nice xp group on p99. Great way to relax while listening to a podcast or audiobook.

Attached: 67A5B383-1501-46AF-BB73-7810BB913796.jpg (800x579, 104K)

>Sheltered
I pirated it and I feel ripped off
It's not as shit as the Fallout Shelter it is obviously "borrowing from" (copying), but it's still a massive skinnerbox that isn't fun.

Fuck Oxygen Not Included. Fuck those food poisoning germs that end up everywhere unless you do retarded shit with magma or those boilers to purify water. Fuck the retarded duplicants getting stuck and going back and forward forever. Fuck getting ten million resources when you only need to use 1 that is scarce as fuck unless you beeline for it. Fuck the lackluster automation and the retarded plastic pipes.

Play Factorio instead where you can be optimal and solve problems the correct way right off the bat instead of postponing everything and making a mess and suffering because of all those tiny retards fucking up.

Tales of Maj'Eyal

>he doesn't flush his base with chlorine gas

>Fuck those food poisoning germs
Just install a sink bro, just wash your hands.
Germs are a shitty mechanic and one of Klei's most recognized fuckups, but they only rape the new players.

Fuck gas manipulation, and fuck pressures. You do that and you're going to end up with tiny small patches of dioxide, hydrogen, chlorine, and contaminated oxygen all over the damn place. You better move gas from point A to point B completely and leave it there and not fuck with it. Your best bet is freezing it and moving it but that takes ages to get to.

Sure, and then you need sinks and bathrooms and mess halls everywhere and there's always a place that needs sweeping but they just don't want to do and suddenly one guy gets hungry and grabs whatever the fuck off the floor and eats it on the spot and then decides to puke when he's taking water from your pristine water tank and now it's all fucked because that shit will somehow multiply despite the water being cold as fuck. There's always a small fuckup that goes on and on and becomes a nuisance that should have never happened if duplicants weren't retards and you had proper tools early, mid and late game. Most youtube videos are "hey guys, imagine all went perfect and you amassed ten trillion resources, now you can implement this solution" motherfucker in goddamn sandboxes that make me mad.

You could just cheat

>and then you need sinks and bathrooms and mess halls everywhere
You want them anyway because they boost morale.
>there's always a place that needs sweeping but they just don't want to do
Learn2priorities
And also not having dupes carry literal shit through mess hall areas.
>decides to puke when he's taking water from your pristine water tank
Food poisoned dupes should just lie in bed all day.

Git gud
This isn't a problem you can't easily prevent.

How the fuck do you have problems with food poisoning? Slimelung can be a bitch occasionally but food poisoning might as well not exist.

i used to play diablo 2 while listening to alex jones

Quake

And also Super Hexagon

Or I could play Factorio and make a big base that spans all over miles and miles running on 60 forever while you go past day 100 in ONI and your FPS dives below 10.

I don't have "problems" as in "I lose the game to". I can deal with the random shit that occurs because I want to reorganize what resource goes where, or what closed system I want to expand. If I assign a dupe to do something that may involve germs, I go and micromanage everything. Sometimes slimelung becomes a problem, sometimes it doesn't. I quarantine the motherfuckers immediately. My point is that in Factorio, the factory runs as it is told to run, the bots will do what they are programmed to do, you can see what goes wrong when and where. Here you will have a small retard that somehow got food poisoning germs on him, or somehow got slimelung germs from a 10 million germ block that festered for a while, and now you gotta deal with that pain in the ass because the dupe is a fucking retard. And you have heat and stress to manage too. Heat is an absolute bitch to manage if you don't take care of it and just build whatever you want. Stupidity getting in the way of productivity and creativity. Play Factorio.

>skinnerbox

Your opinion can be safely disposed of.

Elite: Dangerous. It's THE podcast game for me.

Attached: 20180408221840_1.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

>big base that spans all over miles
A good reason for choosing ONI over Factorio: you don't spend hours autistically optimizing trivial details in ONI.

pls press alt

Stardew Valley

Attached: 1509930214125.jpg (300x300, 6K)

*glows*

That's because there are no trivial details in ONI. The slightest thing can fuck you up.

wich one is good for a low end pc?? love this kind of games but as soon as I grow it starts with the massive FPS drops

I'm enjoying some Stardew Valley while I catch up on my podcasts rn, but y'all anons have posted basically my whole list.
-Terraria
-Don't Starve
-Stardew Valley
-Factorio
though I'll add, sometimes I go and redo puzzles on Opus Magnum if I feel particularly smart, this doesn't happen often though.

I've caught up on a few with the Legend of Grimrock games.

Factorio is super optimized. Logistic bot network bases run smoother than belt-driven bases. There are few calculations to do with bots than belts. So just switch over to a bot base as soon as you can.

Tetris and Binding of Isaac were my original two go-tos, but Celeste goldberries and the Hollow Knight Pantheons have taken over recently.

Basically though, anything I can play without needing to think thinking will work.