RIP

RIP

Attached: 312EjBsxqzL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/instance01/Twitch-HLS-AdBlock
twitchadvertising.tv/ad-products/surestream/
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5OE4f08GE
youtube.com/watch?v=8sv4nb5VbAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't get my hopes up

the servers are down.

Nice try but they won't leave thot money.

If only

thats what they get for bypassing adblockers

good riddance

hopefully the servers died because of the new ad system that can't be blocked and they'll have to revert. but what probably happened is the opposite and they're down to implement it as hard as they can.

>new ad system that can't be blocked
I don't care about twatch - what's that?

The anti adblock meta is fucking insane now.

it's back

epic gamer style :D

they created a new system of ads, where they embed the ad directly into the stream feed, so it'll show up even if you use something like mpv+ytdl and from the same cdn, so adblockers can't block it and script blockers like umatrix or noscript can't block it without also blocking the stream itsef. In simpler terms, it's like the ad is pasted over the stream as the stream plays, unlike say a yt ad where the video is paused, the ad is cued, then the video resumes.

w0w imagine having to support the platform you're using... i can't fathomm ... it's almost like they want to make money or something...

>they embed the ad directly into the stream feed, so it'll show up even if you use something like mpv+ytdl and from the same cdn
Nice. Eventually someone will get fed up with that shit and figure a way to differentiate between the two kinds of GET requests.

cool i can watch the vod of vinny playing sekiro now.

Hang yourself corporate drone

it's impossible to differentiate, it gets embedded as the stream happens. The streamer sideloads the ad as a separate program from say OBS and then it's injected into the stream, so the streamer is actually streaming the ad, it gets sent to twitch servers with the ad in it.

Oh. Yeah, then that's it. I wonder how many big timers will tolerate this and for how long. They used to make recordings (or VODs, as the kids call them now) available on different sites, like youtube.

github.com/instance01/Twitch-HLS-AdBlock

I'm not getting any ads... what stream is sending ads like this?

they're likely to not care, they say that the surestream (name of the sideloaded app) gives them a higher revenue % than regular ads, so they have incentives to use it. On top of that, they get to choose when to queue the ads, so they can do it during downtimes like bathroom breaks or between matches.Since almost all of them have editors, they can just snip out the ads with relative ease. Most twitch to yt editors use the sound graphs as indications of "epic" moments so they know where to actually watch the stream and edit around those moments.

and I can watch him play blaster master zero 2

that has already been reported to no longer work. The ublock origins people are fervently working to get around it though, I'd wait for them to say something about it
right now it's just based on a streamer wanting to use it and your geolocation, since it's almost 100% amazon prime ads right now. If your streamer of choice doesn't like surestream or just doesn't queue ads or even if your location doesn't get amazon prime ads, you won't see them.

which is why I'm asking who does use them, so I can check if I will get any

>On top of that, they get to choose when to queue the ads, so they can do it during downtimes like bathroom breaks or between matches.
Yeah, I guess this works.

>Most twitch to yt editors use the sound graphs as indications of "epic" moments so they know where to actually watch the stream and edit around those moments.
Do I understand this right? Were advertisements made insanely loud just to allow for automated editing?

I don't have a comprehensive list of streamers' personal preferences, I'm sorry. I'd just look at the biggest sellout streamers, they probably use it. I recall something about some big one getting into heated arguments with his chat because they complained about too many ads, while he said he always queued that many and they were dirty adblock users who leeched revenue away from him.

not quite, the editors use spikes in the graphs to know when the streamer is shouting or screaming, indicating something exciting happened. Then they just watch a bit before and after and make a short compilation out of that. it's why you see so many "Highlight" yt videos based on twitch vods

I just asked for one name, user.

I wish. Why the fuck aren't there more competitors to twitch?

Damnit. My amazon prime renews for the higher amount in few days and won’t come with the old adblocking perk.

Fuck this platform, when’s the next thing coming along?

I can't say I know, the biggest streamer I watch gets 200 viewers, like I said though, I'd try the big sellout ones that have almost brand like names.

You're really making yourself hard to believe if that's the case.

All the big money makers are men.

Thank g*d

I wouldn't mind it if the stream paused, but since it's a live platform it'd be awful to wait for ads.

Hard to believe? I don't understand what you mean, the new ads are very much public knowledge and I've even given you the name of the program that does it, which you can find and download on twitch. Are you kidding me you think I'm inventing ads?

i'll take watching a 30 second ad when I join a stream considering twitch is basically free entertainment

it's literally encoded into the video stream on the fly
it's unblockable

die

it's not just when joining, it's whenever the streamer wants to queue ads. But I have no qualms about your preferences though.

Only 1 streamer I watch runs ads and he does so like every 2 or 3 hours for 2 minutes so it's fine.
Plus I usually just have streams in the background as I work so it doesn't bother me.

You're right, Ninja is so hard done by he really needs my sub. Thanks user!

>i'll take watching a 30 second ad when I join a stream considering twitch is basically free entertainment
But will they stop at that? If they can put more than one ad in a stream to get more money, they'll do it. Never underestimate a jew's greed.

I mean if you can't even name a single user, then it begs the question if anyone actually uses it.

imagine if amazon never bought twitch

You might be right but cracks have been found in every implementation of ads thus far. Unless the streamer does the encoding of the ad locally, a switch between sources has to happen _somewhere_ in the chain. It's possible that it could be prevented.

yeah I don't think it's the end of the world, but I think people should have the ability to choose whether or not they get ads or want to support the streamer by getting them. That said, so far all the ads are 15-30 seconds long, which is manageable.
As I've said, it's done on the streamers side, they sideload surestream, which injects the ads into their stream as it happens and gets sent to twitch servers, which stream the feed with the injected ads, all from the same cdn.

>It's possible that it could be prevented.
Heard of watermarking? Same thing, essentially. Only with sound as well.
The only half-baked solution will be detecting it and reducing volume, maybe overlaying something less eye-cancery over the screen as well if an ad is particularly shitty. Or just wait until the provider kills itself through greed and the everyone goes to the next one.

>it's done on the streamers side, they sideload surestream
I tried googling for more details and found nothing. Where did you get your info?

I've given you the name of the program. you can get it for free on twitch, but here you go. twitchadvertising.tv/ad-products/surestream/

Yes, I found that. It's not clear to me from this page how it is used by streamers.

>it's done on the streamers side
Not preroll ads I'm pretty sure. Also consider the fact that subs to said channel don't get ads. Are they somehow getting a different feed than what non-subs are getting?

Pretty much this, thought of something like this being a cool idea like 10+ years ago. Tbh I wish I had the know how and resources to at least help make it a reality.

But you’re right, the only salvation in this situation is that they double down on the ads and then drive everyone away. Rinse and repeat until someone makes something else.

I watch twitch regularly and have never ever seen an ad.

when the streamer wants to queue ads, he clicks the button, the program injects the ad into the the stream that he is recording with say OBS, this is done on the fly, as if the streamers monitor were playing the ad itself. Even if he's talking after pressing the button, the ad will go over it. So when it's uploaded the ad is already in it.

that's the biggest question no one can answer. How do subs not get ads if it's done on the fly and it gets served from the same place? If people can crack that, they can instantly and forever work around it and block the ads. Right now the ublock origins people are trying to find out. A thread on /g/ a couple of days ago suggested that the best bet is that subs and nonsubs get different cdns altogether, but no one has anything close to an answer.

There are but nobody uses them. Despite Mixer having much lower latency nobody really used it even back when Twitch's was still 8-10 seconds. It's like with Youtube, it's already been established as THE go to streaming site. Hopefully if the ads get too bad people will maybe make a switch, but based on all the other times I've said that I won't get my hopes up.

Not only adblockers. Their new TOS make Twitch get the ownership and exclusivity of the content that the content creators create, so they're removing their videos.

Remember when YouTube had no ads and people just uploaded videos for fun.

Attached: 1531708091096.png (648x563, 345K)

It really doesn't sound as absolute as you make it out to be, then. Are you saying that the streamer is encoding locally twice - once for ads and once for subs?

Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5OE4f08GE

>Their new TOS make Twitch get the ownership and exclusivity of the content that the content creators create, so they're removing their videos.
Isn't that suicide? Or has the majority of revenue generating streamers became so spineless as to just bend over and take it?

Go back to plebit

Take me back.
youtube.com/watch?v=8sv4nb5VbAY

>Their new TOS make Twitch get the ownership and exclusivity of the content that the content creators create

if corporations are people then someone should call mental health professionals because twitch considering suicidal thoughts

Attached: FilthyFrankConfusedScreaming.jpg (640x640, 24K)

Fuck twitch.
Fuck streamers.
Player your own damn games, you lazy cunts.
What a fucking shit time period to be alive.

How retarded do you have to be to not have an adblocking software?

Proof?

The fuck does watching someone play have to do with laziness?

Well since now Twitch is banning people who say there are only two genders, things might change.

They can't be this retarded do they WANT people to leave?

Attached: da fug.jpg (296x288, 19K)

Oh no, poor zoomers won't get to watch their blue haired retards playing games poorly.

Attached: 1524008477663.jpg (407x428, 20K)

it's absolute, right now. Mostly because people don't know how it works and twitch/amazon isn't telling. Amazon has huge plans for this since they want to eventually sell a mature version of this to anyone that serves videos of any kind as "the adblock killer". Like I said the biggest lead people have right now is that somehow subs don't get them. What people are trying to do it to somehow spoof being a sub for ad purposes. There's been no real progress yet, but to be fair this is very very recent and most people are actually unaware of it since it doesn't even have wide adoption by the streamers.

God I miss papa franku

Nah, it's probably going to be another case like with what happened with Hitbox. Now its called Smashcast or something and people just go there to stream sports and adult games because the moderation is dead.

>it's absolute, right now
Okay my dude I think we have different definitions of "absolute"

Hitbox was great, any one could make custom emotes

I'm not your dude, pal

>watch

>games

Attached: Twitch.png (1306x688, 15K)

I'm not your pal, buddy

You do know all those Twitch whores would be streaming themselves masturbating on chaturbate several times a week if you didn't pay them to play games with slightly revealing clothes, right?

Attached: 1545576535034.png (279x249, 99K)

Attached: 1374168996585.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

WE ARE HANGING OUT TOGETHER!
THEY ARE MY FRIENDS.
I GIVE THEM 5$. THEY GIVE ME A SHOUTOUT AND SAY. "THANKS BUDDY."

You = NEVER THANKED.

Fucking CHAT PLEBS. You will never know it's like to spam shitty emotes in a chat nobody reads.

I'm not your buddy, friend

whats happen?

I'm not your friend, guy

Unblockable ads embedded into streams.
Also, if you upload something to Twitch, Twitch legally owns it now.

I'm not your guy, my man

thats pretty gay. at least if you sub to a girl its like a girl... why tf would you pay a guy?!?

I hate Twitch but the Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth games have been fun to watch, acting like the cases were real life events. Be prepared for April 19th

Attached: Blue_Badger.png (199x225, 72K)

most twitch viewers like high level gameplay especially when you can get tits anywhere

It's not like we are talking about some fucking meat market here. You are not paying for sex.

justintv (now twitch) is almost as old as youtube, why is everyone calling twitch users instantly zoomers? I've been on the site for over 9 years and never subscribed or donated of course

t. zoomer

oh my god this retard thinks resurrecting is what causes the dragonrot so he keeps pressing death each time and never resurrects.

just admit you like guys bro itll save u guys alot of grief later

>when you want to sub to your favourite streamer to hear your name but she isn't online right now

Attached: 6d68.png (259x195, 8K)

Are you retarded?

Attached: 1478838642902.png (470x831, 439K)

> sims 1 buy music

Attached: ThatsGoodPizza.gif (392x400, 1.33M)

Youtube has no ads and people still upload good shit just skip all the cancer and go where it's at.

>I believe anything 4chins says

b-but I just made affiliate

>Youtube has no ads
yes it does.

How come I have never seen one. You mean there are ads in their paid content or what? Why would there be ads in some random guy videos?

>How come I have never seen one
cuz you have adblocking software.

yeah the thousands of donations and subs per minute from literal retard whales are none existent enough to force me to watch an ad to support literal shit,

Not doubting you but can you quote the exact lines in the TOS say that. I wouldn’t put it past amazon but the legal jargon bullshit is too much even for me.

>Watching stream.
>Interesting moment actually happens.
>NOPE. TIME FOR 30 SECOND AD.
>By the time the ad is over, the moment is gone, lost to the ages unless you decide to go back into the streamer's past broadcasts and find that exact 30 seconds of moment to see what the fuck happened.
>The sound is muted since it's demonetized, too.

Modern society is a cancer that needs to be culled.

This. The ads never really bothered me and as long as the ads don't hsve a chance of being malicious, I don't mind them. Don't watch streamers that play a lot of ads.

Attached: CyoahsFUQAA_neM.jpg (960x1200, 175K)

>Remember when YouTube had no ads and people just uploaded videos for fun.
Yeah I do but to play devils advocate here how the fuck else are they supposed to keep that site going? The total storage capacity for videos alone has made it into the exabytes and I can't imagine the absurd bandwith usage they have. Video hosting/streaming sites are insanely expensive to run and maintain especially once they grow to the size youtube has.

Advertisements are a plague on the human race and anyone who devotes themselves to blocking them deserves far more money than the ads they block are worth

Attached: 1552862425997.jpg (238x357, 14K)

Then we need to find a better compression algorithm. Either that or people need to start playing the videos in 144p to save bandwidth costs while having the option to listen to music without visuals being utilized in the “video”.

Oh sure, ads to pay for servers are fine. I'm talking about the point at which YouTube started paying channels.

>Oh sure, ads to pay for servers are fine. I'm talking about the point at which YouTube started paying channels
Ah gotcha that was not very clear in your post. Can agree though things really started going downhill after channels started being monetized now you gets countless videos with the same kinda shmucks giving you the same spiel every video
>HEY GUYS BE SURE TO LIKE THE VIDEO AND SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON IT REALLY HELPS THE CHANNEL OUT
Shit like that

internet ads need to be banned universally by every government at some point
complete fucking cancer ruining the already shitty internet

It's literally brainwashing.

>do they WANT people to leave?
Where would they leave? Youtube? The fact is that Twitch is so far above the rest that they can allow to become much,UCH worse before people can even start considering the alternatives.

And it will get a lot worse. After the Amazon buyout, the jews have been consistently forcing streamers to water down their content and advertisement pushing has become consistently more obnoxious. They know people don't have any good alternative and instead of improving their service they will concentrating on maximizing the jewgolds they can squeeze out from the goyim.

Attached: 1552210584066.jpg (680x1280, 94K)

good thing I can just rip the vod and watch it ad free on a non shitty player.

Ads are a cancer on this world. Like fucking hell i'm going to buy some shitty product after they deafen me with loud as shit crap. There's a reason i stopped watching tv, and a reason why i instamute.

They know exposure from multiple sources works.

Well I'm not buying. Can't advertise to someone who instamutes and instantly tabs out.

I would be annoyed but wouldn't mind if they weren't owned and operated by fucking amazon. Lmao, get serious.

>muh adblock
Adblock is theft, you niggers are retarded for watching streams in the first place

yikes.

>Watches streamers
>Calls others yikes

>mute radio/tv when ads come on
>theft
this is how dumb you sound

zoinks.

>adblock is theft
Fuck off redditor/shill

>not watching streams in [insert media player here]
>not instamuting
>not instahiding chat
lmao

>have shit internet
>can only watch streams at 360p at max
>ad plays and cant block it anymore
>streams in like 1080p or higher
>literally cant load the ad what so ever
>refreshing the stream just resets the ad
well guess im not using this platform anymore

>Highlevel gameplay
>Clint Stevens
I love that guy

might as well just watch youtube at that point. Chat is one of the "pros' of twitch

chat is the only reason vods exist.

i dont give a fuck about ur vods

youtube is cherrypicked garbage
streams are live and unedited

>youtube doesn't have streams

>not instamuting and hiding the chat of youtube streams as well
i bet you post in youtube comments lmao