Games Industry Jobs thread

>he spends all his time on games
>does not work for a vidya gaymen company

What gives, homos?

You don't aspire to be Reggie?

Attached: office-design-for-Square-Enix-8_3840x2160_acf_cropped.jpg (3840x2160, 2.39M)

>If you truly enjoy something
>Never make a living do it
>Because then whenever you do that thing, you'll just think of work

>he play fantasy football and watches football on the tv all year round.
>Isn't a Coach or player in a football team

This but unironically

Sportsball NARPs can get fucked

secure the bag!

$1000 paid by game devs so I can shit on them on Yea Forums every month

I would if I could.

my degree isn't suitable for the gaming industry. If I could work in vidya i probably would

I worked in games for a year
It fucking sucked

I would never go back to that hellhole of an industry, shit, I'd sooner go back to QA business and that fucking sucks balls.

Why

Because then I would have to study game design. Instead I can just get some rando job.

>dad works in construction
>i follow him to jobsites as kid
>play with his tools in garage
>now on road to becoming architect
>working same city i was born in

a lot of young ppl these days run to LA or NYC to escape from their home states. I don't know that feel. But that is the type of person I imagine will be filling those game companies. To be frank, they're pretty weird.

>start working in a kitchen during high school after school, one of the most popular and busiest in the area
>keep working there instead of going to college right away since I have no idea what I want to do
>take on more responsibilities as the owner gets older and starts slowing down, eventually running the entire back of the house
>get really good at managing a kitchen, from getting food out fast while keeping quality consistent and food waste and costs low at a very high volume kitchen that is well known for being such
>now make more than any of my friends that kept going to school and have no debt, offers to manage other restaurants now and then for even more but don't want to work so far away from the house I bought or move

>tfw Dad isn't a buisness owner
>tfw nothing I can inherit or follow his footsteps in

gee thanks dad

Attached: 1553358548247.png (250x250, 120K)

>Leafbro
>get job at Ubisoft MTL
>level design for a couple big name games
>see the shift of normal white dudes into rainbow haired monstrosities and the total politicization of games
>need to get out
>take offer from Nexon to work in Korea as part of their localization team and level design for some mobile games
>more or less two jobs in one with free housing
>spend 4 years in Korea
>move back and get job at Eidos MTL
>work on new dude sex game
>getting ready to leave Canada again and spend some time in Japan working for another company
>much prefer working in asia because there are ZERO office politics

Attached: 1521031920043.jpg (500x707, 89K)

I work for a purple streaming company. Ask me some things.

Games industry is absolutely ass. 2x the work of a normal software engineering position with way less pay.

so start the initiative for your children

Why do you think Jews always have money? They invest for future generations by always keeping money in the family.

This.

Lmao no. I like games but I'd rather work at my current job that pays well, super lax, maybe at most 35 hour weeks with no solid deadlines whatsoever.

I'd love to, but I'm not even remotely qualified for any of the technical shit. Narrative stuff like writer jobs are politicked to hell and gained mostly through networking. Trying to get into QA is damn near impossible without experience since hundreds of people of apply to a single opening. The only vidya job I could get is with some startup indie that I am friends with the founder. I can't even get a rejection email from 90% of jobs I apply to, vidya jobs are part of that number.

Attached: 1552266033479.jpg (544x559, 181K)