SNK keeps making 3d games people won't give a shit about

Just make 2d games for fuck's sake.
>inb4 muh sprites are hurd to make
>inb4 muh sprites are expensive
fuck off. Devs had no problems doing it for two decades. Big bad Sony is not breathing down their neck insisting everything be 3d anymore.

The only reason these stupid 3d games are getting made is because someone in charge over there doesn't have a clue.

Attached: samuraishodown.jpg (2560x1600, 821K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/aurich/status/1036782685333598208
neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?200269-KOFXII-disk-data-reveals-all-story-characters-and-boss-spoilers!
imgur.com/a/PdCNEEA
youtu.be/U2sq4-sNjK4
frontlinejp.net/2019/01/02/fate-grand-order-interview-nasu-kinoko-discusses-the-end-of-fgo-what-comes-after-part-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=LVsd0TMkPwA
youtube.com/watch?v=xa3xWmR3SIU
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1110367655825825793?s=19
youtu.be/soHzo1LwpOo
youtube.com/watch?v=68MWyn5gFwU
youtube.com/watch?v=soHzo1LwpOo
youtube.com/watch?v=mxtw3Y2-wvE
youtube.com/watch?v=V_CP5AO4k3w
youtube.com/watch?v=5buaPJ8OdIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one cared about their 2D games either, though.

>Devs had no problems doing it for two decades
because they were working with shit like 240p instead of 1080p+, you fucking mongoloid

I am dissapoint

SNK sprites aren't true sprites.
They make 3d models and then trace sprites from them.

Attached: Untitled.png (906x756, 107K)

He makes a good point. Making these sprites was a bitch and they're only meant to be rendered at 1280x720.

Making dot art at a higher resolution is only that much more work.

Attached: ElizabethvsMature.jpg (1280x720, 566K)

>fuck off. Devs had no problems doing it for two decades.

Attached: 2.png (730x189, 41K)

No, that still counts. None of the development templates made their way into the final game, the 3D models are merely so they have something to align the keyframes to.

When you're working with that many pixels it's better to know what you want to go for as you make it.

It still looks better than what we have now.

Is this a bad thing, though? The aesthetics of 2D art with 3D smoothness.

You don't need to bait to get an SS thread going user

>Stop making 3D games no one cares about
>Make 2D games no one will care about instead

Attached: stopyou.png (594x562, 644K)

Yeah because SNK games were just selling like hotcakes in the 2000s

I'm not saying you're wrong (KoF XIV is ugly, spinning that fact won't help) but there is practical vs. doable. It's DOABLE to make sprites meant to resolve at 1920x1080 via dot art, just ridiculously unreasonable.

BlazBlue makes sprites using cel animation, which is smarter but still a lot of work.

Attached: aa466c267aea9fbcc8b69d372f63d54c-dcctxtz[1].gif (569x492, 171K)

POST VICE

Haven't they only done this with 12 and 13?

I never liked the BB style of spritework desu

the blazblue sprites also have much much simpler shading compared to KOFXIII to compensate for the higher resolution

Attached: Joe_sprite.gif (153x255, 40K)

Yes.

And really just XII. XIII is just "XII but with everything we wanted the first time".

I saw the video and it just looks like the old game but with CGI models.

I'll take great looking fake 2D like that and what ArcSys does over low budget 3D any day.

That said Samurai Shodown looks ugly in a brutish and grimy way that I can get behind. KoFXIV and stuff like FLEX are just bad.

yes. In fact the only reason XII even exists is because they had to push something out and make quick buck cause that shit was expensive af to make

Arc Sys has it down-pat. They have mastered the art of making 3D look like 2D.

I like how KoFXIV looks, it's clean and honest.

And to even make the sprites in XIII movesets had to be pared down by a lot. I'd much rather have weaker 3D graphics than the gameplay be affected.

Sprite animation is expensive not just because of animating in a higher resolution but also because sprite animators and artists are much fewer these days. That means less manpower and more pay they demand.

>Devs had no problems doing it for two decades
that's because they were doing it in low resolution you gay trannie faggot sjw
now go be a crossdressing homo elsewhere

Attached: macho ma'am trannie savage asserts dominance in ramen shop.png (1532x807, 1.24M)

>Just make 2d games for fuck's sake
Japanese 2D pixel artists from the 90' are long gone now.
The only good alternative is the way of Arcsys, but apparently, nobody is able to do it, it's been 5 years since SIGN already.

Attached: 1529279889899.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

You're right, but those XII sprites are even smaller than that. Notice how in XIII they are downsized and take up less screen real estate and how far down the screens the lifebars are. They're smaller than people think and they still nearly killed SNK a second time.

A little too honest.

Samurai Shodown actually has some vibrancy and depth to its graphics.

Like it annoys me to no end looking at Kim in XIV that his pants have absolutely no physics. It's the sort of 3D work I expect from some random studio out of China.

This compared to his KoF 2002 sprite to the left, which is damn nice.

Attached: kimxi-stand[1].gif (59x111, 16K)

Most indie fighters use sprites tho

They would not have to work at 1080p today. 480 would still be a massive improvement over the old games while being easy to work with.

Or they could grow a set and do it right at 1080p.

Their true size is closer to what you see in the character select screen.

well they had to cut some corners to churn out 50 characters. Just look at how Rock had a lot more attention to detail on how his clothing moved

That's only for the most recent games. The older games never used this technique. Also, it looks like shit. You can still tell it was originally a 3d model.

or you could grow a bullet in your head and go back to retardera

I appreciate that at least KoFXIV doesn't use shitty physics engines for clothing movement like SFV, when it does have clothing movement like Rock's jacket it looks great because it's keyframed.
It's a shame a lot of the little details are missing but it's clearly super low budget, same reason why almost the entire voice cast got changed.

Well XII has a screen-scaling effect similar to Samurai Shodown where the camera zooms in the closer the fighters are to each other. So when they're standing at max distance, they're about the same size as they appear in XIII.

XIII essentially makes the default camera range the same as the maximum distance in XII.

XIII screenshot at the same resolution for comparison.

Attached: 8y8j4vt9a7w01[1].jpg (1280x720, 983K)

you sprite loving niggers need to elaborate on why exactly do you want sprites when games like GGxrd and DBFZ exist. They look like sprites but taken to the next level and beyond.

Attached: u7553.jpg (600x450, 29K)

>believing anything a Japanese dev says in an interview
He's full of shit.

Attached: 1535395558466.jpg (533x466, 27K)

Its legit way cheaper and easier to do.

it's clear you don't understand how any of this works

What indie fighters? How long have they been out? Do they still get updated?

Kims pants look real nice, but didn't they only animate like that from 2001 onward? To he honest and at the risk of getting shit for it, despite looking nice I don't think they should've ever animated like that in the first place. TKD pants would never move like that and neither did the clothes in most other KoF characters. Like I said I think it looks super nice, but I feel it clashes with most everyone else and at the expense of using meme/buzz words it looks like forced animation.

It's not bait. i will never play even one second of this new SS game nor any other 2.5d trash they come out with in the future. SNK lost a longtime customer in me when they went to this model.

A 2.5d Samurai Shodown with gorgeous sprites would be more popular than this middling crap that will go nowhere.

This isn't the year 2000. Technology has changed, times have changed.

>TKD pants would never move like that
shh you're talking to a fatass who never trained in fighting a day in his life, you might shock him

Attached: fpbp.png (951x212, 83K)

>make beautiful expensive HD sprites
>everyone calls it snes graphics
>movesets gutted, choppy animation to cut costs
>bad reviews, bad sales
>snk goes bankrupt again
good thing they don't listen to retarded shit from Yea Forums

I never said it had to be high resolution you fucking retard. SNK never released a game that looked as good as CPS3 games, there is a lot of room for improvement without needing to go full HD.

Same here. I hope that in future games they don't leave too much of the clothes movement/animations to UE4s physics. I never really liked them and while I'm digging the way the new Samsho looks, I've noticed a couple of instances in which they did just that. They did a really good job with Naj's, Rock's, Ozwald's and some of the new and characters' animations that were made later down the line.

Eat shit

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves, XIV looks ugly. Their attempt to break away from sprite-based animation fell on its face.

A game that looks like Xrd would be a big improvement, but I think true 2d would make a bigger splash if someone would just actually fucking do it.

>cps3 games
kek meme
twitter.com/aurich/status/1036782685333598208

eat bullet
and go back to retardera to leave a dying note to your grouphugging homoies

>>everyone calls it snes graphics
This would not happen.
>movesets gutted, choppy animation to cut costs
neither would this.

The trick is to not make a game that sucks. SNK does seem to have trouble with that since the last 15 years so I guess you got me there.

Only Elena was rotoscoped.

>Samsho looks bad
Autism

>SNK never released a game that looked as good as CPS3 game

Attached: 1506531038264.jpg (309x306, 15K)

or that's all we know..............for now

So?

This is also one peculiar-looking sprite among thousands in the game. The first time I saw that animation I knew it was rotoscoped btw. Anyone familiar with the technique could see it.

I could believe that Makoto was but I've never seen anyone claim it so I can only accept Elena was.

both these things literally happened with XIII. Of course fans of fighting games appreciated the nice sprites but the average consumer thought it looked like old ugly shit. Gutted movesets are just a straight fact, you can't unironically deny that

Shit looks ugly but they managed to get that shit out with 40 characters because of it. On one hand no one was able to bitch about roster size, on the other hand goddamn did people laugh at its graphics.

Hate to say but sprites are just much work in these times where a lot of people bitch about roster size.

and by having seen quite a few rotoscopes in your time

Name it.
>Garou
nope
>Art of Fighting III
nope
>King of Fighters XII
nope

Fighting games need a resurgence, esports spoiled it all this gen

Like I just said, they should make a good game instead of releasing pieces of shit like KOF XII.

Literally git gud is all they need to do. The potential is there.

Sure let's have SNK kill themselves a third time. They struggled to fucking hell and back and those sprites are still pretty small, have a ton of moves/animations missing and even the devs don't want to go back to doing them because they're too much of a pain in the ass. Now magnify that since resolutions keep increasing and 4K is already being pushed to hell and back and you get a certain SNK death with the previous problems magnified. It's not like they didn't try to get sprite artists before either, they've gone on record that they tried to hire some, but couldn't find enough for the work load besides not really having access to previous assets.

Attached: sprite comparison.png (4139x684, 661K)

It was a popular thing in the 90s so yeah

>Their attempt to break away from sprite-based animation fell on its face
not really, it was a learning experience with generally well-received gameplay (but sure, graphics looked like crap). More importantly, it let them stay afloat to improve future games, just look at how much better samsho looks. Doing HD sprites nowadays is just prohibitive given how much it costs

nobody here really cares if snk kills themselves, they just want the sprites for mugen
unlike taking your virginity

I saw the SNES comments literally when XII was first being revealed as for the moveset, that's definitely what happened with XII/XIII. Now those same people jerk themselves off to the same sprites.

They just suck at it. Who are we kidding, SNK died a long time ago. The devs who worked on the great games went to places like Arcsys. GG Xrd is more of a successor to anything 90s SNK made than this new SamSho game would be.

I would agree but since SamSho is a UE4 game it seems like they just figured it'd be easier to use a game engine than to try to fix XIV's look.

I mean it's not like SNK HASN'T done 3D before. Samurai Shodown Sen plays like ass but the 3D graphics didn't really offend anyone.

Attached: samurai_shodown_edge_of_destiny_image13[1].jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>XII/XIII literally kill SNK
>SNK devs literally say sprites are not feasible now
but sure, I guess Yea Forums knows better right

Attached: 1527637453594.jpg (474x419, 30K)

That was then, this was now and those comments at the time were made by retards anyway. Stop listening and caring about people who say braindead clueless things like that. Anyone who would be interested in buying a KOF game would not be turned off by "hurr super intnedo graphics".

If anything if SNK polled their fans on their preference for the next game I am sure 2d would overwhelmingly win.

Again, never ever listen to anything Japanese devs say. It's all bullshit. Corporate culture in Japan means never admitting to any fault and always, always blaming everything on budgetary or time restrictions. You will never ever hear a Japanese dev just say "well we screwed the pooch on that one"

>Who are we kidding, SNK died a long time ago. The devs who worked on the great games went to places like Arcsys.
What in the holy fuck are you talking about? If you have no clue about a topic, you really shouldn't discuss it. Current SNK is the most oldschool SNK the company has been since fucking 1999. They're literally comprised of old Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting staff members. Oda worked on every Fatal Fury game up to Garou before leaving the burning husk that was SNK before they became Playmore only to rejoin for KoFXIV. They've got all their old artists back like Soesoe and Kuroki, plus dudes who never left like Ogura. Kuroki fucking designed Rock Howard. They even had old SNK sound team members like Sha-V work on the XIV soundtrack. Shut the fuck up with this stupid nonsense.

It would overwhelmingly win and then it would be just like XII. A small roster for a KOF and those available would have a serious lack of moves. People would bitch about them being lazy or halfassing it.

guys, I'm pretty sure he's just baiting, nobody can seriously be that retarded

Attached: 1540139911968.png (350x245, 148K)

>then it would be just like XII. A small roster for a KOF and those available would have a serious lack of moves.
Instead of doing that why not just make it good?

IMO if they're going to make a small roster, they should do it with another franchise.

A sprite-based Garou sequel with 12-15 playable characters would be good shit.

Sprite autists are insufferable and delusional

BUT WHAT ABOUT SONIC MANIA

ME: 1, YOU: 0

This is why people are saying that SF6/SF reboot will be on RE Engine.

RE Engine has better physics than UE4, even with some hiccups and bugs.

>Instead of doing that why not just make it good?
because that would require a billion years of development? And then it would have to sell a billion copies to break even? It doesn't take a genius to see that's a bad investment

>but I think true 2d would make a bigger splash
13 wasn't a big seller though. In fact it put SNK under again which is why the Chinese own them now. 2D sprite based fighters still exist today and they don't just suddenly fly off the shelves

Not baiting, but I'm astonished by the amount of gullible zoomer cope that actually believes devs when they say the kind of game they want isn't feasible and they should instead pay the same money for low-budget 2.5d trash.

Same goes for the amount of people who seem to think the market is the same today as it was nearly 20 years ago. Magnitudes more people are playing games, there are completely different avenues for distribution, developments tools and costs are next to nothing now in terms of the software licensing fees, and there is a much stronger FGC than there was in the 1999-2009 wasteland with room for a true 2d fighting game from one of the most famous makers.

You retards forgets that SNK isn't Japanese Anymore, its CHINESE.

I'm not sure what XIII's impact was on SNK. You could easily also make the argument that pachislot was the way to go in Japan and they wanted to invest in something that had a deeper profit margin than video game development. They could have kept making video games and made a tidy sum or pursue pachislot and made a killing. They went with the latter.

The current devs are literally a mix of the people who worked there since before/at the inception of the Neo Geo (Abe & SOESOE), were there during the early years of the Neo Geo (1993ish) and worked as sprite artists (Oda, Kuroki), as well as people who were still there during XIII (ogura). Hell even Ogura who worked on XIII said they don't want to go back to dot art if they can help it.
From a nip interview before XIII was released:
>Ogura has no remorse in leaving behind pixel art since it was a method to bring out the best in low-resolution graphics. Now that times have changed, even if doing 2D he'd rather take a different approach than pixel art. There's musicians who have been there for a long as time like Sha-V who has done music for them since '95 for KoF and other series.

this
i took kofxiii to a computer lab at my old university one night and people were like "i remember that snes game" literally
it was at george mason university in fairfax va

Elena was meant to be the test engine character

They shouldn't do dot art anymore with HD resolutions but cel animation shouldn't be a no-go, IMO. There's still potential there and it's more cost-effective since you don't have to spend as long developing the graphics.

Attached: chinese or japanese.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>make KOFXII with incredible 2D sprites
>can only put 20 characters in the roster because of it
>fans call it a turd because not enough characters for a KOF game, casuals call it a mobile game
>bad sales
>make KOFXIII to please the fans with enough characters even if they will go bankrupt for it
>fans are happy, casuals still call it a mobile game
>bad sales and go bankrupt
>SNK rise from the dead
>choose to make a KOF game with 50 characters at launch over graphics
>fans are happy because the game is great and they have a huge number of characters, casuals call it a ps2 game
>bad sales
They just can't win.

They should just rerelease KOF XIII but with good netcode and maybe 1 new character. The roster had the best core characters of the series anyway.

13 wasn't a true 2d game, it was just a drawn-over 3d game and looking at the game it's easy to see it. It also just looks like ass from a general aesthetic design point of view. Everything 2003-forward in terms of art design KOF has looked stupid, including 12 and 13.

Attached: imagefactory[1].png (168x181, 4K)

XIII was never supposed to be what it was. All the work they put into XIII was meant to be in XII.

XIII would have been something different if they weren't so bogged down developing XII. The only characters that appeared in XIII that weren't fished out of XII's data was K's team.

>I'm not sure what XIII's impact was on SNK
It nearly bankrupted the company. SNK said themselves that if it wasn't for mobile games and PC ports, they would have went under. That's also why they have quadrupled down on their mobile game efforts.

>You could easily also make the argument that pachislot was the way to go in Japan and they wanted to invest in something that had a deeper profit margin than video game development.
Not with the current gambling laws, plus pachinko is a Japanese only market when they could be selling to a world market. That's why they quit pachinko.

These are all things that SNK themselves have said and can be backed up by Japan's gambling regulations and looking at what SNK is actually doing right now.

>>everyone calls it snes graphics
>This would not happen.
It literally did. With that exact phrasing.

>looks like ass from a general aesthetic design point of view
you can blame nona for that, but the technology behind the sprites was fine

you were meant to be a test tube baby

>HD sprites are impossible.

Hmmm. How'd this indie developer do it then?

Attached: impossible and far too costly.png (1800x1540, 224K)

>still believing Japanese interviews
He literally cannot say he likes 2d graphics because that sort of thing is not up to him. He has to toe the company line. The company is always right. If what they are doing for the foreseeable future is 3d then that's what he is going to say he prefers.

That's now. XII came out in 2009 and XIII in 2010.

The shift in Japanese gambling laws were what caused SNK to drop out of that market and reinvest in game development. They were going strong up to that point.

they literally drew the sprites in paint programs
i knew some of the artists

KOF XII and XIII looked like shit completely separate from anything to do with the technology involved. That hurt it tremendously.

> pursue pachislot and made a killing
They were bleeding money with the pachi stuff until they started focusing more on mobile started kicking in according to their released financial reports. The year they killed the pachi arm was the year they started making more money and even that it was a couple years of that until they started seeing real profits. One of the reasons they dropped pachi was because in japan there was a change in legislation regulating the chance times of the machines meaning that they would've had to modify every machine in order to comply. They couldn't do that at the time since they were bleeding money so they just said fuck it. It was around that time they got bought out as well.

>That's now. XII came out in 2009 and XIII in 2010.
What the fuck does that even mean? How does that have anything to do with the fact that XII and XIII almost bankrupted the company?

So even if a new real(non-mobage shit) Metal Slug comes out it will be a shitty 3d one again? FUCK

Good-looking HD sprites and not just animated drawings like in Skullgirls.

hell, EVERYONE here knew some of the artists and some of them still post on these boards
probably not so much on Yea Forums

fp by far the bp

this is not pixel art you fucking retard

Nigga SG had like 10 characters at launch KOF needs more characters than that

You retards want pixel art. Animating a sprite isn't different from doing traditional animation.

Same fucking process.

Attached: Arcsf3-hugo.png (384x224, 31K)

It had 8.

Even KOF XII had more characters than SG and looked better too.

It would not happen again because the world has changed since that time and zoomers don't think of games that way. They are used to seeing sprites plastered over every aspect of popular culture. If anything they would say it looks more NES-like.

Maybe some dumbass Millennials still hanging around would think that way. Who cares about them, they would pirate the game anyway.

yeah, retards, i mean this user i am replying to does it all the time doing the same things he did when he animated traditionally
so back off you disbelieving scrubs

>Drawings are sprites

Nigga SG had 8 characters at launch.

I'm saying pachislot was a profitable business until Japan modified its gambling laws.

Every company you can think of (Namco, Capcom, Konami, etc.) had a pachinko division. The amount of investment needed to make money in the pachi market was nothing compared to the returns. Voice actors for pachi machines also made lots of money because they only had to record a few lines yet the royalties from doing a pachi machine were way above that.

OP never said pixel art. Just 2d.

Is there any hope for SNK?

I absolutely loved playing their games on the arcades when I was a wee lad. It's a shame KoF never got as big as SF despite being the superior fighting game.

Attached: 1550799631216.jpg (1024x648, 63K)

they look really tidy and clean
I get it that you might prefer more crude sprite work because it captures the hand drawn feeling better, but BB's sprites look great in higher resolutions

If they made a game the community supports and play it will be fine.
KoF 14 was a joke and has been dropped in the countries most supporting SNK games and is hanging by a thread in China purely because of the name.

>The only good alternative is the way of Arcsys, but apparently, nobody is able to do it, it's been 5 years since SIGN already.
It looks really time and labor intensive from what I saw in that one GDC video. To really go the extra mile to make 3D emulate 2D to the degree that Xrd/SIGN means that they are really banking on the game's pedigree or really doing it for the art. Frankly, there aren't too many anime fightan games that are able to boast being on the same page as GG.

Attached: 1545973448475.gif (100x100, 23K)

SNK is fine so long as they don't go full-China. If Leyou Millennium stays out of their shit and just lets them focus on what works, they have the financial backing to stay alive for a good while.

he wants snk to go back to old days, but the tech is skullgirls is absolutely nothing like anything snk has ever used

I bet you're South American and that the arcades you played at had bootleg boards

XII was a stepping stone for XIII. They were not going to wait for the final product and leave such a big gap between releases.

Why do people jerk off KoFXIII? It looks great in stills but the animations are terrible.

They did everything they could to hide having to animate detailed and long attacks.

Attached: WarmLeanDunlin-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 2.18M)

Are you telling me that sprites are magical things that just appear on screen?

XII is XIII.

neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?200269-KOFXII-disk-data-reveals-all-story-characters-and-boss-spoilers!

Probably why the next GG is taking so long.

They are owned by Chinks now, they have only the bare minimum resources required to churn out a soulless licensed product

At this point I don't think so. They just don't seem to know what the fuck they are doing, what people who love their characters want to see in a game. They don't understand the nostalgia attached to them and their 90s versions.

Even if a new KOF game comes out it's based on current Japanese cultural aesthetics, which have next to zero international appeal.

It looks fucking cool.

Same. Now I love UNIST's style but not the proportions

A major way studios pay for post release support is DLC Costumes, just look how much shit Namco and Capcom sells for their games. Making Costumes is easy since you're just putting new clothes on a model. Going 2D would mean you'd have to redraw each sprite.

Sorry but 2D is dead, be thankful for what you got with ArcSys, too bad they won't lend that render trick to SNK.

this 100%. With the exception of the standing animations, everything in XIII is very poorly animated, it's choppy af

>without needing to go full HD.
>snk does go back to roots and make 2d sprites again
>another zoomer on Yea Forums complains that SNK games looks outdated
>game didnt sell well
>SNK goes under again.
>Zoomer and faggot OP complains why SNK is dead.

Attached: Kazuya confused smile.jpg (1024x903, 44K)

OP here, I don't need the game to be pixel perfect. Dragon's Crown style sprites would be fine.

For a company SNK and with them playing catch up to everyone else that might as well be just as bad as doing sprites again. What Arcsys does really seems to be a ton of work.

>neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?200269-KOFXII-disk-data-reveals-all-story-characters-and-boss-spoilers!

Why'd you reply with that when he basically said it?

>fans are happy because the game is great
>doa in EU. not even France bothered with 14.
>dropped throughout Latin America swiftly. 13 was still played during 14s launch at local communities
>14 is dead throughout North America
>non existent in Korea and Japan
>China 97
14fags are worse than 13autists

Calling it a "stepping stone" is too generous. It implies XII was a proof of concept, not "slapped-together product that was intended to be what we got with XIII".

You don't know what you're talking about.
KOF 94-2003 are all 240p.
Merely stepping up to SD resolution would be a massive improvement. Guilty Gear X is a 480p game. No KOF ever looked as good as GGX.

That's the benchmark they're sitting at. Look as good as a cutting edge 2d fighting game made in the year 2000 could look. Not a high bar.

Legit question, do you retards even know the whole process of sprite some character?

Seriously I think that most people were are clueless as fuck.

Attached: 1553525353131.png (192x192, 42K)

People wouldn't buy it. Those kind of games are too niche these days.

Arcsys was a little fighting game studio in 2014, and they did it.
They explained how, but nobody is able to do something similar (even if it's less beautiful than GG).
You can make different kind of games this way, like a top view game, Windjammer for example.
Not a single studio tried in 5 years, or they probably failed because it's way too hard and Arcsys are simply gods among us.

Vanillaware style sprites look terrible without all of the insane coloring and artwork to go along with them. And I don't think SNK can do that this day and age.

Hell, Vanillaware also goes close to bankruptcy each time they release a new game too. They had to delay their newest game 13 sentinels and even had to release a fucking paid demo for it.

XII is essentially the Big Rigs of fighting games. The core and whatever else was needed to be "shippable" of what eventually got tidied up into XIII.

I know it and I've done it. I know Dragon's Crown has way less sprites per character than KOF. I also don't care.

>KoF XIII at Evo
>hypest top 8s of those Evo events
>tournaments drop all support the 2nd year after Evo
>numbers dwindle further
What a shame.

Man, I hate XII too but don't compare it to Big Rigs. It's at least a functional game.

Literally a billion plus video gamers out there, user. The market is way bigger than it used to be. Even a niche game can sell 100k.

WAAAWAAA!! I WANT MY SPRITES! SNK GIB ME MY SPRITES BACK!! WAAAAAA!!!! NO SPRITES NO BUY!! WAAA!!!!

Attached: 1553006196716.jpg (958x964, 154K)

Expect it again after SamSho.

SNK probably threw some dollars thinking that the exposure will help keep the game relevant and they won't do it again next year, seeing it get kicked to the curb after only one year.

09ers are really retarded.

I think that none of you remember that cast didn't had 50 characters right off the bat. And forgot the gorillions of rereleases.

>I also don't care
of course, it's not your money on the line, I'm sure wouldn't implode your company just to make a game that looks pretty

I'm just talking about the technology and technique behind the sprites.

This, people don't remember how tiny the first Blazblue cast was and when they charged like 10 bucks for the squirrel whore

>he actually believes this
no it wont you fucking retard. You honestly think SamSho would be more popular with 2D sprites? It's already a niche community that the vast majority of people who played SamSho in the past are still interested in playing. Not only that but a lot of the typical FGC heads are already shilling this. If sprites were always going to be more popular than 3D models SFIV would have been a flop compared to every other SF.

SNK fully intends to publish XV next year so in the least they have a gameplan through 2020.

>I also don't care.

REEEEE gib good sprites. But I don't care about what happens next.

Attached: 1537453901618.jpg (643x754, 325K)

I don't quite see SamSho top 8 having anything close to KoF unless there has been a secret SamSho community outside of JP, China and Korea with the ability to compete.

Arcsys animated 1 frame out of every 3 that is needed and rerelease their games 4 times in 3 years at full price with 2 new characters.

East Coast still has a decent number of old man SamSho players.

>This would not happen
DBFZ's reveal had retards think its terrible because 2D and looked like SNES graphics despite the fact thag its 3D masquerading as 2D and they don't know any better. 2D sprites these days are highly unappreciated and isn't marketable outside of retro gaming revivals and homages that people actually know

>I also dont care.
SPRITES! WHERE ARE THE SPRITES SNK! YOU PROMISED ME SPRITES! GIB SPRITES REEEEE!!!!

Attached: 1553425695758.jpg (1200x675, 152K)

Brazil also has a SamSho scene, but nobody would fly to Vegas from that hole.

holy shit
I can't believe this response didn't kill the thread this is gold

Guys, I actually really like how this game looks in 3D. It feels comfy, like an old samurai film.

ITT: Idiots don't know shit about sprites and game development

Yes, I remember.
I'm talking about the whole industry, brainlets.
Why nobody is using their way of doing 3D "sprites"?
You could make a beautiful 2D Zelda game for example.

God damn it. I hope some hue hue got the balls to go to Vegas to compete. I mean Bala of Mexico was a poorfag but he is able to make to 2nd place at EVO KoF in 2012.

Nobody will care about SNK games because people have convinced themselves that nobody else will care about SNK games and also they don't have the money to have giant pots at tournaments.

brazil doesn't have scenes for shit. Nobody plays well, it's just a bunch of ignorant retards who brag about being the best player in the neighborhood

It's been a good discussion of graphical techniques SNK has used over the years, though.

2x only, Sign at the tail end of 2014 and Revelator in 2016. Rev2 was in mid 2017 and was free. 20 if you wanted Baiken and Answer

@455919339
>doesn't get any (you)s
>so buttblasted he has to reply to his post

LOL

game was in beta for 6 years

>I need (You)s
>when I've made , , and

I like the way it looks too user. Not sure why everyone is hating so hard on Charlotte either.

SNK process on XIII is same as Arcsys, different artstyle.

If you pay attention both BB and GG have way less details than KoF. Also a lot of people actually do. But it's much easy shit a 3d model and animate it over trace every single frame from scratch then polish it.

Attached: 1550517923127.gif (403x456, 602K)

You obviously don't know shit about how any of this works. You probably don't even play fighting games. Eat a dick.

Beyond having a kind of ugly art style I've never liked the way Skullgirls animates. It's going for that Third Strike style of smooth, detailed animation but it lacks any of the snap that Third Strike's animation has. It just winds up being distracting.

most people like the way it looks. The ones who don't are mostly retarded spritefags or kids who think SF4 invented classic japanese caligraphy

Never played SamSho before, how does it play compared to other fighters? I noticed in some vids that a special did like 2/3rds of the health bar which to me is a bit crazy

It's a fundamentals fighter where spacing is king, combos are virtually meaningless, and most moves can be heavily punished if whiffed.

SNK can never win. I mean it, people have decided there's always going to be something wrong (it looks ugly, it's too hard, it doesn't have whatever specific character I want, etc.) but they'll go around talking about how it's great and it's a shame nobody plays it in the other breath.

Pokes and footsies, the general groundwork for fighting game is there just don't expect 50 hit combos. But you need to learn to punish retards.

Attached: 1551572925478.webm (320x240, 793K)

Who is this semen sorceress?

Big emphasis on neutral, spacing, and punishing. Not a combo fighter at all.

Nine

Normals did a lot more damage in the old ones compared to the new one so far.

Very paced. Like you can easily get deflected if you get blocked, which is real bad. Damage is also very high.

The new game looks faster and more aggressive than other games in the series, though.

>DBFZ's reveal had retards think its terrible because 2D and looked like SNES graphics
>SNES
Not these days. All the dumb faggots I ran into said 'looks like a shitty mobile game'.

>but they'll go around talking about how it's great and it's a shame nobody plays it in the other breath
This a thousand times over. They don't play games, they want console wars.

For all of you Charlotte lovers out there, I saw in the trailer she has an alt outfit that's her classic outfit.
So you aren't being left in the dirt with her new design.
Only difference is the pony tail and some of the armor.

Attached: charlotte.png (455x223, 275K)

The new voice cast is if anything more expensive because it actually consists of people anyone outside of Osaka has ever heard of. Just more practical in this day and age.

Which is the best version? I got II in a bundle at some point at it seems pretty fun but not nearly as fleshed out as that video.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY WIFE

Attached: 8c0cf15a97c2658b417fa9d6ba64e2ad.jpg (694x982, 105K)

They really fucked up when decided to make the sprites look jagged as fuck.

Great for training fundamentals then I suppose

SNK is bottom of the barrel globally and in Japan. Capcom & Namco fighters are your only choice unless you want a single player experience or to feel special for playing the obscure fighter that no one cares about. The only reason KOF13 got a little bit of traction is because of its sprite work, now that KOF14 is out it's once again irrelevant.

I, for one, welcome the 3D models and the possible SFM

I like her too, man of taste.

V special or play K groove Haohmaru to get some idea of how shit works.

Dead as should be.

Attached: 1553551527854.webm (720x480, 2.86M)

Without Kusaragedo and Rimururu you can't have any real fun...

She commited sudoku

Hell I'd say it's great for a change of pace too. Feels like most of the fighters I play seem to be in the 8 hits+ range.

She'll probably be DLC and she would likely have pissed off too many players if she were in at launch anyways.

Thanks. She seems too hard to play for me though.

He knows what's up.

Attached: 1553561839828.jpg (170x159, 12K)

The Dojo Mode (creating player ghosts to play against) sounds really cool. It'd be neat to download a top player's ghost and play them.

That's par for the course here. On Yea Forums there's no such thing as money or time, only effort. Any game that is bad just doesn't have enough effort put in, if you can't do something completely impossible then you're just lazy

She is actually easier than she looks. One of those types that sounds intimidating when explained.

>FLEX looks bad
Nigger I can't take you seriously if you keep saying shit like this

Oh man I played CvS2 all the time on Gamecube button mashing in middle school, I think I'll download that to see what you're talking about.

No GGPO no buy
I'm tired of buying Jap fighters where the only opponent is laggy as fuck

2D games don't sell to normies
and with the anime aesthics they'd just think it was just another shallow anime fighter

She fucks cats.

Hate to break it to you but the gc port is terrible, play the ps2 version.

Oh I can totally see that, I'll be sure to get the proper version this time.

You think normalfags will buy this regardless? Normalfags only will give fighters attention if they're capcom or a really popular anime license.

For casual play isn't exactly bad. The small extras are pretty neat.

In either way, the game is biased as fuck towards capcom, roll cancel or not.

>It looks really time and labor intensive from what I saw in that one GDC video.
You can be sure they fine-tuned the automatic generation of the normals and such since, there's no way they could be on GG, DBFZ and Granblue at the same time otherwise, especially since their staff didn't explode in size.
SIGN was their first try at it and main research lab to improve that technique, they even managed to do things they were sure would be impossible to pull at first, like all of Dizzy's model transformations.

>Japan makes good fighters with shit netcode
>US makes shit fighters with great netcode
I hate it.

DC on a VGA cable all day, man. PS2's fine too.

Game's alittle wonky but it's still a ton of fun. Get a friend and it'll be a blast.

tekken 7's netcode is fantastic. every nether realms game has had abysmal netcode.

>Capcom
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's the ultimate footsies game

People say that but with the high-level players I hung around with in college, Rugal, Hibiki, Iori, and Geese were regular choices.

Capcom characters like Sagat (obviously), Blanka, Bison, and Ken got playtime but there were still almost always SNK characters on any team.

If all goes well you'll be able to do just that. The iron man mode in which you fight 100 characters will be based on provided ghost characters initially if none have been downloaded, but if you download ghost characters they'll be based on those.

T7 has decent at best netcode. NRS used to have garbage netcodes but they're amazing now (since MKX I believe? not sure I don't play their games desu)

KI is a good fighter with good netcode
BabyTag, SFV, and DBEZ are bad fighters with bad netcode

I'm done with Japan until they stop taking notes from ArcSys are ruining games

god i miss that stage so much the 13 version is nowhere near as good

NRS has amazing netcode now since the MKXL update. MK11 has some of the best netcode to date.
Japanese are too lazy and stupid to fix their shit. Faggots who defend them need to be annexed to Kyoto to eat feces all day

>i dont even play their games but i assure you they have amazing netcode
fucking moron. mk9 was literally unplayable. mkx was playable but still one of the worst i've experienced. injustice 1 and 2 were both horrendous.

that's not how that works. I don't play SFV but I know the online is shit, I don't play KI either but I know the online is good

I'm still mad that they replaced Terry's VA, a lot of the new cast are SOULLESS
If they had replaced Kong Kuwata's Geese there'd be riots in the streets

>tfw planning a sprite based game and starting with 4 characters to not be overwhelmed

>IJ2 has bad netcode
Fucking liar. There are 200+ man tournaments hosted online and there aren't problems. IJ2 netcode is universally praised because it was the first NRS game to launch with roll back

The GC version of CvS2 is fine if you're playing on emulator, the problems were all due to the GC controller

That looks like the same armor as new ner design

>Both Kyo and Iori VAs are gone.

Fuck this shit. Also fuck whoever is doing Angel voice, I want granny back.

Attached: 1537756596104.png (427x427, 169K)

angel's old voice was objectively trash

EO also had an extra frame of lag. It's fine for casuals, just don't bring it to a tournament

Well no one would anyway. It’s modified the mechanics from the arcade version.

You must be talking about MKX's online the first few months. The update with XL worked wonders.

T7 has garbage netcode. All jap games do

>If they had replaced Kong Kuwata's Geese there'd be riots in the streets
You say that now, but I recall some people being angry around the time of his reveal saying his VA was changed when it in fact was not. I think there were people in the previous thread unsure whehter he had already been replaced or not.

My understanding is that Japan makes their netcode based on their infrastructure where everyone is connected with top tier speeds and don't give a crap about baka gaijin internet connections

Japs can't grasp basic rollback coding. SFV struggles to keep players right next to each other sync'd. They cache inputs for decades, but can't wrap their heads around delaying a frame by 2ms so players aren't 8 frames apart halfway through a game.

You have shit taste.

Attached: __haruhara_haruko_flcl_drawn_by_prime_and_ricken__15c90e22fa07206c1e43dc1b1546e499.jpg (500x565, 143K)

I see plenty of 2d fighting games. Just don't play 3d if you don't want to. What the hell is the point of this thread?

>What the hell is the point of this thread?
there isn't one

Obvious bait, but SNK have always been hugely popular in asia and south america

>The only reason these stupid 3d games are getting made is because someone in charge over there doesn't have a clue.
You can really say the exact same about any developer making 2.5D. NOBODY likes 2.5D past the N64/PSX generation, with the sole exception being games that actually take advantage of it. If the game is just 2D, there's NO fucking reason to have it not use sprites other than laziness.

Angel has literally not had the same VA in two KoF games yet.

Every frame of this could be automated, never mind this 'it takes months' porkbarrelling. Even normies are using vector tracing algorithms now.
The only reason SNK went 3D is because of someone's agenda.

op is a fag
imgur.com/a/PdCNEEA

Attached: 1553541245826.png (1200x1300, 1.31M)

No one cares about 01.

it's popular in china, but in south america everyone just pirated their shit so it really doesn't matter

SNK released 97 global match, it's netcode got improved to give you the choice between both rollback and delay based along with messing around with other settings. According to the people who tried it it was pretty good, but other than that no one gave a a fuck about it.

>automated
Sounds like a one-way ticket to Soullessville

My idea for CvS3 had a simiar Striker system.

Or maybe just stop fucking making early PS2 models.

Arc System Works made a goddamn developer talk about how they made Guilty Gear XXX's "sprites." There is absolutely no reason SNK can't fucking do the same amount of main-hour work into animating their characters like the older sprites AND have them fucking look good in the process.

Why does anybody make 3d fighting games.
I suppose it works fine for smash but it looks like shit with more traditional fighters. But the biggest crime of all is when they move the camera for stupid cutscenes when you do supers.

its the shaders snk has trouble with
Their models are fine

Their infrastructure isn't even good. It's the fact that their island is fucking smaller than California. Seoul to Tokyo is shorter than traveling California and half the distance of Los Angeles to Dallas. Still Japs from the Hokkaido region try to avoid Okinawans because the distance makes the connection suck. Rollback is necessary unless you live in top of each other and Jap devs know that. They just don't care because weebcucks defend them.

the models are fine, it's their shaders and lighting that are very poor

Just do same shit as CVS with a more diverse roster and 02 mechanics replacing 98.

Also Mahvel Morrigan model without any changes in a very obvious lazy way to not lose the habit.

Nice, anymore? Would like some good butt pics.

>someone posts a source of someone directly involved in the industry putting forth a sensible argument
>"I don't like what he's saying so it must be a lie"

shhh, I think the retard is gone already, don't summon him back

that's more work than just making pixel art over 2d drawings.
but it's not like sprites look like this in game. they're ruined by fucked resolutions & shitty blurred out filters. all that sprite work completely wasted.

Shaders and lighting can do wonders. Xenoblade models are pretty basic looking outside of game for example.

Even if they are in line with artwork.

Attached: 1550398025804.jpg (1280x720, 358K)

Automated in real-time, even!

If it can be automated there's no reason to not just render the models in 3d in-game and celshade them.

If you're a consumer this is the correct mindset to have.

youtu.be/U2sq4-sNjK4
KoF mobile game artstyle is kinda neat also they kept Cutting Edge for Krizalid's theme that's fucking awesome

And those people were as you said, retards. Normal people saw a good looking game.

Hey guys, just a busty, one-handed samurai made from unreal engine 4 strollin by, wishing my fellow fightan company can make samsho a hit.

Attached: 1549519060397.gif (712x929, 966K)

user that did the original image here, might try it tomorrow

Thats dear fallen angel remix.

Attached: 1549241480043.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>2D games don't sell to normies
how well did Cuphead sell?

I think this is what's missing to most HD games and why they look soulless compared to older games which were made with CRTs in mind, that also gave those games that rounded natural look as opposed to faggot soi slurping cucks making pixelated square indie games because they didn't take CRTs in mind.

BUT THAT IS NOT SPRITE-BASED! I HATE NON SPRITE BASED FIGHTERS! SNK PROMISED ME SPRITES! SNK WHERE ARE THE SPRITES! WAAAAAA!!!!

Don't release it until you have 16. Nobody likes a half-baked fighting game.

Yes SNK-Playmore are shit at graphics/graphics style.

It would be nice if they took theGuilty Gear Xrd route,

No Baiken you are only Unreal 3. Is that rumor about her being in SS7 looking likely in any way?

Cool, nice work user. I hope for nice ass and anus.

>Playmore

The more I look at that animation the more I hate it. Nah... fuck it. This is garbage too. True sprites or nothin' is the only acceptable way.

>Art of Fighting III

I was always amazed by how beautiful that game looks. I think it looks better than Garou, given that the sprites are bigger, and the backgrounds are way more detailed and have more definition than Garou's.

The Neo Geo was truly a beast.

What's really sad is a long time ago SNK made games that were among the best looking in the industry.

YA SAYIN I LOOK UGLY HAAAAAAH

I thought they moved everything to unreal 4 with rev

Attached: 1552041013334.gif (580x850, 840K)

>I thought they moved everything to unreal 4 with rev
yes they did

>In the two first weeks of release, Cuphead sold over one million copies worldwide, which had risen to three million by August 2018

Art directors are tricky thing to work. Even if you manage to make the game look good you still need work towards their vision.

Btw this is model loaded on sfm notice how every is pretty flat and basic.

Attached: tumblr_p7mc7ow5hr1twi5gbo1_1280.jpg (1080x1920, 317K)

>Playmore
>everything should look like GG
It looks nice, but if every game started looking like that it'd be lame as fuck and you'd still have people complaining, if not like those retards that complained during the DBFZ reveal it'll be people bitching that they're just lazy and copying GG. You got to take the game's initial intended art style in mind. SS wasn't really all meant to work like that, and KoF wasn't either.

Nah they just got a bit more comfortable with the shaders and changed up some effects for Rev. All their 2.5D games afterwards have been on U4 though. I think Xrd being U3 is likely why it still hasn't popped up on switch yet. Well that and their games don't sell as well on Nintendo stuff.

Uhmmm.. I didnt say you're ugly. I actually like you Baiken.

BUT YOU'RE NOT SPRITE BASED!!! WAAAA!!!

>more than thirteen months per character
holy shit

Since I'm starting it alone 16 would be impossible, trying to get one spriteset made and the systems setup for a demo before announcing or trying to secure funds.

Thats nothing watch this.

>Kajita next asks if it is true that it takes half a year to make a single servant, and Nasu says that it does take half a year to complete a single servant. The writer in charge takes 1-2 weeks to create the setting info, and the illustrator takes 1-2 months to handle the art. Once the illustrations are completed the action storyboards are created and sent to Delight Works, and creating the animation takes 4-5 months. Voice acting is recording in the meantime. This takes roughly half a year altogether.
frontlinejp.net/2019/01/02/fate-grand-order-interview-nasu-kinoko-discusses-the-end-of-fgo-what-comes-after-part-1/

Attached: It actually takes 1 month to sprite properly on spine, they are incompetent..jpg (2560x1920, 525K)

Looks way better than SFV

I j-just want a new Metal Slug...

Do they even have the talents left to make 2D animations on par with later KOFs?

Same, I would be fine with 2.5D if it somehow has as much characters as the sprites.

My nigga Tachibana Ukyo is IN!

if that garbage """"animation"""" in FGO takes 5 months to complete they gotta be really fucking incompetent

You gotta be some kind of special nigger to think the new SamSho looks bad. It's certainly budget but animations and mechanics are on point. Fuck off.

FGO and FEH animations are done with 2d skeleton. Most likely to be spine. So shit is broken in parts then "animated". Looks passable but nowhere good as shit done with Hutzil and Sentinel who have sprites broken in parts but also have parts for individual frames and animated on traditional way.

Attached: CpKlElqUsAAr15a-orig.jpg (588x306, 38K)

There are some people there talented enough for it, but not enough manpower the workload. They initially tried looking since before 14, but couldn't find enough willing talented sprite artists.

How much better has FGO gotten from launch? I remember it pretty much having Adventure Quest tier animation.

this kind of animation can look great, isn't that how they make SRW games? Cause they look fucking great and animate smoothly. But that garbage in FGO is just laziness, the characters are stiff af

Why'd they make Earthquake so handsome? Only weird thing about him now is sharpened teeth.

Her XIV VA is also voicing her in the All Stars mobage.

In fairness, SF4 banked HARD on "muh nostalgia", in addition to being available on potatoes and toasters.

My normie chums didn't even know SF3 existed, but went full retard for SF2 with gross polygon visuals and "flashy" ultra moves because - "We're old shits and that reminds me of when my life didn't suck shit."

I'll never not hate Street Fighter 4 and it's fan base.

>The world has changed
What grand and intoxicating innocence. How can you be so naive?

The world doesn't change, it only turns. And faggots like you who cling to old failures and spout nonsense on how it will work THIS time. Is why we cant have nice things

gonna play the mobage just to collect cute art cards of the underrated kof girls

Attached: chizuruvalentines.png (308x414, 289K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LVsd0TMkPwA

Much better but still stiff as fuck. Also choppy because you need play this garbage at 2x spd and still lack of transition frames between attacks and no proper idles.

Attached: 1552873835348.gif (384x426, 243K)

BIGGER

Attached: tumblr_nk8mbgsBPR1sibomdo9_1280.gif (622x386, 797K)

They actually have a few scenes, some of them quite old (they even have a melty blood one) but it's kind of a circlejerk

Hey robot, if you are so great, how come you never appear in new games?

What game? Looks fucking SICK.

Gundamu

gundam battle assault 2 go play it

Have you ever used live 2d, more or less same concept. 2d skeleton is hardly something new at this point.

It's like unity, a good tool for someone that can use properly, but most people are just lazy and do stupid shit.

Because working with parts is a bitch to do. Look at Mahvel 2 sentinel, he is stiff as fuck because his sprite is is a single block. And Hutzil got simplified on later games too.

Compare to COTA where he is smooth as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=xa3xWmR3SIU

Goddamn I had one hell of a time with this game.

Why is Overwatch the only live game where you can pilot a giant robot? I don't really care for the playerbase.

I want to pilot a big robot. Playing Demoknight was the closest I could get to pic related.

Attached: GoufCustom.jpg (486x640, 64K)

This would probably be a lot better if the camera didn't move like that.

Look at those... thrusters.

That's no Zaku boy, no Zaku.

>we live in a time when furries are more artistically competent than the fucking japanese

Granted the game never came out because of faggy drama, as expected of furries, but the talent was definitely there. Did everyone in japan with actual artistic talent retire?

Attached: Beasts Fury Loanshark.gif (700x700, 892K)

this p much

Attached: niavelingus.png (1520x1080, 841K)

>XIII
>Hype

Yeah bro I loved seeing Flame Iori,Chin and Kim mirror matches lmao

Attached: 1492116604421.png (829x496, 602K)

twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1110367655825825793?s=19

What

animation playing a little too fast, but looks good

I'm not crazy in thinking KOF has the worst tierwhoring by it's community am I?

what what?

Attached: 1358656820837.gif (320x248, 2.6M)

Yes and no.

You can do some pocket pick to fuckup some player. But most teams are pretty much 6 to 4 samey characters.

Team games are just that way, even if you really want to play a character you're still going to have 1 or 2 top tiers on your team or if it's a tag game comp considerations force your hand.

It's played by the Chinese and Mexicans, of course it does.

Why didn't they make a new game for better hardware so they didn't need to cut stuff?

JP-language stream on April 5th, what seems to be the confusion?

This gif made Sony Entertainment America cry.

been watching the trailer a few more times and damn it's so well made, whoever edits their stuff over there at SNK is really good. XIV might have looked like shit but it also did have some hype af trailers partially because of WOOOOOOOO OHHH OHH WOOOO OOOOO

Attached: 6fe.gif (160x160, 178K)

Because Capcom hates darkstalkers. Thats why. And Mahvel 2 is spaghetti code.

(You) know, they know, what it is.

Attached: 1358656468633.jpg (1655x2329, 922K)

MvC2 was on the best hardware available

Nah. Thats Tokido and Chris G; both KoF outsiders who are tier whoring. MadKoF and Verna plays Duo Lon while Reynald plays Chin. ET still plays Daimon and Clark. Hell even XiaoHai uses King so only outsiders of KoF are tier whoring hard.

Attached: Goose.jpg (750x400, 52K)

Is teasing a new announcement?

Also, the dood

youtu.be/soHzo1LwpOo

the strem seems to point they are announcing something besides Samsho, but WHAT something? Samsho is still not finished, and i dont think they can announce other game.

Allenby is better

nah, I think it's just worded poorly because engrish

>I'll take great looking fake 2D like that and what ArcSys does over low budget 3D any day.
But this "fake 2d" is not even mid budget 3D. Shit's expensive and very troublesome to do

Oh geez user.

Attached: 1371051912096.jpg (576x432, 41K)

>And Hutzil got simplified on later games too.

What I don't remember this. Did his animation change from VH/NW to Hunter/Savior2?

Not really just ironed most things into proper sprites. Also fixed some issues with parts and shading due former.

He still have all the unused frames on data.

No, it's just to talk about the current state of the game.

>tfw no GundamfightinG game with arcsys graphics.

Attached: latest.gif (576x432, 809K)

God Gundam is so fucking awesome.

Attached: 1358656358027.png (576x432, 212K)

>another game where nakoruru is overpowered as shit
this is why no one will care

the same people that cry about sprites are the kind of people who quit a fg after a week

>Did his animation change from VH/NW to Hunter/Savior2?
Yes, that was where he got the most changes. Almost all his normals became completely different. It was basically a complete overhaul between NW and VS2. By comparison, in the transition from DS1 to NW, about half of his animations were carried over from DS1 directly, using the same parts-based system, while the other half were redone using larger, flattened chunks. A lot of those redone animations were similar to the original DS1 ones, but varied slightly in pose.

Attached: ds1nw-normalcomp.gif (384x224, 61K)

>pulling shit out of your ass
There's no way to confirm that yet.

Yes, they should make expensive 2D games that you don't buy, thanks, OP!

>My normie chums didn't even know SF3 existed
So if one of the best looking 2D games of it's era didn't extend it's reach beyond it's core audience, what the fuck you think it's gonna do for a niche title like SamSho? Hell, if anything, it looking like SFIV should bring more attention.

Darkstalkers feels more like some kind of pet project than something more like a product.

Even today the animations really hold up. Shame that they never polished that fucking Morrigan sprite. Albeit SNK did a nice job with Demitri on SVC.

Attached: DemitriAnimation.gif (96x172, 16K)

Because Capcom likes that other robot more. You know, the blue one.

Attached: 32798900_p0.jpg (6071x4299, 1.81M)

Morrigan was sprited by the same guy as Elena and Kakyoin, who were also both kinda rough around the edges. That was just the way he rolled, I guess.

Attached: Dw1pULRVAAU7gML.jpg orig.jpg (665x1000, 174K)

But if it creates a believable and good sprite effect what does it matter?

>8 characters on launch
>took 4+ years to make
>got one character per year post-launch, not counting semi-clones like Fukua and Robo-Fortune
Great example, user.

i wanna lick kula's kulo!

Attached: Dw9esNXUwAMQaH7.jpg orig.jpg (517x900, 109K)

Her standard spriteset is fine. Win poses and some extra parts like soul eraser cannon look really unfinished.

But Not updating her to CVS is peak lazyness, it looked iffy on MVC, now the contrast with SNK sprites is ridiculous.

>make 2D game
>1/10th the sales return
>series dies
Fuck off. Just make your own fan game or some shit if you want wasted effort old man.

Attached: 1519174501409.jpg (1024x468, 64K)

that looks like something from a flash game. it doesn't compare to kof xiii.

Elena never bothered me too much, I just hated how stiff her head/face area was. I never liked Kakyoin's sprites though. Rough is being kind in my opinion.

Actually SNK stated they were happy with KOF XIV's sales numbers.

Stretch it out to be in scale with the new ones, then do fixes?

Way more than that, Alpha characters are fucked but still salvageable. Darkstalkers characters mostly work with other CPS2 characters on top of that she is kinda fucked on proportions.

I think that Hsien-ko would be a better pick to do with some extra shading than morrigan.

Is this the newest thinly-veined SamSho thread?

it's actually ue3, retard

yes. It started off real bad but got better after the spritefags left

Chin really wasn't that common through half of the game playtime

3rd strike did this too, also blazeblue. It's a common practice to do spritework this way

Didn't SF3 use rotoscoping as well?

>Elena's pose that came from a music video

>If anything if SNK polled their fans on their preference for the next game I am sure 2d would overwhelmingly win.
Based on what metric, though? 99% out of 1000 fans means fucking nothing for sales.

Face it, 2D is dying and is not communism friendly. Either kill off communism first or face the facts.

die

The thing I'm most concerned with is will the soundtrack be good?

Attached: Nobuhiro Watsuki quesitoned by police.jpg (500x307, 61K)

>six and a half months

fuck.

FOLLOW ME

Attached: c5a627baf1d29a838f7b1019ed96fa57.jpg (886x1181, 143K)

>it's bad because low sales
>not communism friendly

I want to hear that main theme that's in the trailers. That shit sounds so good. Kinda hoping it might be a stage or character's theme.

Spritefags and all other graphicsfags need to be gassed along with storycucks and waifushitters.

Waifufags are the reason of why the franchise floated for a while.

We don't need sprites anymore

Attached: Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-11.png (1917x1080, 2.33M)

Them putting GG anniversary collection on Switch is a pretty good sign of Xrd making the jump IMO.

>golden age of console
>make mobile waifushit game
>age of mobile waifushit game
>make bad looking 3d fighter games
Is SNK retarded? They literally only have to re-hire some of their old artists to make another dating sim games to make bucks.

Attached: 44695.png (792x528, 243K)

>SNK
>Smart
>When on their "golden age" the CEO blow money on hookers and demanded stupid ass shit.

Capcom is retarded but nowhere close to what SNK did sometimes.

Attached: Image-Dokidokimajo2_cover.jpg (500x450, 75K)

They shown off any of Kyoshiro yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=68MWyn5gFwU

Attached: Kyoshiro.jpg (600x800, 80K)

I kinda want to get that limited edition with the case. I wonder if they have added anything to GG1.

Attached: guilty-gear-anniversary-pack.jpg (1500x797, 334K)

higher quality gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=soHzo1LwpOo

>not linking the Li Joe vids
youtube.com/watch?v=mxtw3Y2-wvE
youtube.com/watch?v=V_CP5AO4k3w

Man I wish Switch cases weren't forced to get that boring as fuck red spine

All this work and at the end of the day Terry still has no face. The XII/XIII sprites were technically impressive and all but it always felt like a waste to me considering how appealing and full of personality the older lower res sprites looked.

You'll get more mobile shit so you better like it user
If they do an actual game, i hope they at least put Dragunov in there

Attached: 1533529320927.jpg (1000x1333, 610K)

>ASW has 10 years of rotoscoping in their employees and still can't make a decent sprite
Even Ecole is better than this shit.

>SF6 in RE Engine
>Capcom will have to get face models for Zangief, Blanka, and Balrog

Dear god

Attached: 1514093482830.jpg (425x519, 42K)

There’s no need to go full autismo for all their 2D games

>10 years
These japanese devs. In these days every type of game, be 2d or 3d, takes them over 5+ years and even then games are released incompleted and sometimes it will miss content that are never fixed with dlc. Then they blame they needed more time, but for them time is never enough. They have become lazy and cant organize at all

Also
>too much work
I am tired of reading this, everywhere. Obviously work is tiring ffs, you are not a special snowflake

>his fighting game studio can't make models that look better than drawn animation

Attached: KaOBo05.gif (740x939, 660K)

Nice frames.

Thanks.

Attached: q8ouAbu.gif (837x392, 296K)

2 is good enough. The new game seems largely based on it.

>devs had no problems

Except they all stopped making them all together.

>Genjuro didn't have the hanafuda cards in Sen
What the fuck, that's like Whip without the whip

Attached: whip-99chibi.jpg (600x800, 206K)

the game looks prettier than I thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=5buaPJ8OdIY
-TamtTam
-Yoshitora
-Shiki
-Kyoshiro
-Ukyo

just give me Chamcham, Kazuki, and Seiger and I'll purchase 4 copies guaranteed.

Attached: Fqh5r8a.gif (250x173, 973K)

>SamSho
Baby shit Last Blade 3 fucking when?

there's peeks of him in this trailer- youtube.com/watch?v=5buaPJ8OdIY

Oh the irony

>SNK should go out of business again because OP wants a pretty game he won't learn

Confirmed base roster is:
>Haohmaru
>Nakoruru
>Galford
>Earthquake
>Jubei
>Charlotte
>Hanzo
>Kyoshiro
>Tam Tam
>Ukyo
>Genjuro
>Shiki
>Yoshitora
>New Character
>New Character
>New Character

Never, just like CvS3. It was confirmed a while back.

They just need to learn to do it better.
As fun as KoF14 was to play, it was visually the jankiest looking shit to ever walk the earth.

Attached: ElectricAjimi.jpg (671x431, 48K)

They just did though

we get it, you watched that autistic video too

God damn that's a fucking hype trailer. I'm glad it looks like SNK has some budget for it.

predict what the new characters are going to be

You mean OCs or returning characters?

the three new characters that are going to be in

Nobody buys their games so you can't blame them not wanting to take the time or spend the money to do 2D stuff.

Here you go, the painting in Charlotte's stage might help.
>Winged guy in the sky
>Dude with a club (?) to the right of Yoshitora
>chick to the left of Genjuro

Attached: D2gxKK4WoAAQ-zT.jpg (1200x675, 182K)

Part of it is pride. Ark said they would let other devs use their tools but no one will ask. Except Namco Bandai who just had them make their game.

I can fucking hear this webm lol.

the next game they want to make after SamSho is a Garou sequel.