>no day 1 patch
>no day 1 DLC
>no social media integration
>extremely challenging without artificial difficulty
>no easy mode or assists for babies and game journalists
>unique gameplay mechanics that are more than just box-checking gimmicks
>handcrafted levels instead of a lazy open world sandbox
>does absolutely nothing to appeal to wider audience
Sekiro is a perfect example of a game that could never be replicated by a western developer. It is the antithesis of everything modern western video games are about. This is a product that could only come from the land of the rising sun. Why would anyone purchase a non-japanese game in the year of 2019?

Attached: casual filter.jpg (800x478, 121K)

>the land of the rising sun
laying it on too thick there

I wonder what journos say

People keep talking about how the games mechanics make dark souls shitters git gud, but the single decision that made this game harder was no multiplayer. In BB or DS on my first play through if any boss gave me even a little trouble, I’d just summon someone and it would instantly make most fights baby-tier easy, not to mention I could get summoned in by other people and rake in the souls for killing the boss tag team over and over. No multiplayer kind of sucks but it also is what makes this game so much harder than other souls games.

I think it's more because you can't just pump VIT and END, hide behind a greatshield, and let enemies bounce off you while doing no damage

>Sekiro is a perfect example of a game that could never be replicated by a western developer. It is the antithesis of everything modern western video games are about.
Then why did Activision publish it?

Most of that didn't work in Bloodborne either and BB was pretty easy

Damn. No wonder I'm getting stomped on in Sekiro. That's pretty much how I played all the Soulsborne games. Tag teaming bosses was how I spent like 80% of my time.

>without artificial difficulty
lmao

I agree with you OP, this year has been amazing regarding videogames because the japs have been putting out the mayor releases.
That said, who knows a strategy with the old lady in the burning estate? I can only murder her in her first phase. But damn she destroys me. Pretty great boss, it really feels like a duel.
This game is great, and I like that boss fights are fast. You either make it fast or you die fast.

Because none else wanted to.

Because they're From Software. Their games are proven to sell. Another small studio trying to make a game like that would definitely not be trusted.

there was a day one patch for xbox actually

*locks in and 360 tracks you*

They figured they could make some easy money by licensing the next dark souls, and they were right. Sales for Sekiro 2 are going to be much lower though, and I bet refunds are through the roof.

>This is a product that could only come from the land of the rising sun.
i lol'd but you're completely right. western devs suck dick and the japs are the only ones willing to put out quality products that weren't either focus grouped into oblivion or made by someone with a mental illness (sometimes both apply).

>make game
>cut out everything that gives it replayability
>25-30hrs of content
>$60
It’s not really that far from a western dev game desu, people like OP just ride its cock because it’s “””””hard””””””

No wonder spergs are praising this and every one else is saying it's shit.

And yet Yea Forums still hates it.

>couldn't beat dark souls 3 player peak on Steam even though before it the series player peak increased dramatically by every release
what went wrong?

Sekiro still treads very familiar ground. Meanwhile here's a French game that doesn't bow to norms and features 100% boss fights.

Attached: 1523970423371.jpg (1000x1000, 358K)

Based. Big budget western games are built on bloated budgets with unrealistic expectations and diluted through one thousand balding middle-aged executives and one hundred purple-haired gender-fluid hippies to ensure the game is made for absolutely everyone, offends no one, and is as profitable as possible. Japanese games are superior because they can present the artistic vision of a single individual, with no excess fat to drag down the experience. The only truly excellent western game made in the last 5 years was Hollow Knight.

Attached: you win dlc.jpg (1920x1080, 60K)

I remember the chained ogre and his motherfucking tracking lunge grab.

If undiluted independence is what you care about then why haven't you played last year's GOAT? Made by one dude over 8 years. Can't get purer than that.

Attached: 1541351993448.jpg (1280x720, 281K)

I wonder why some people feel the need to lie in the internet where it's easy to just google something.

i like the game but this is bullshit

25-30 hours is not short for a $60 product
go play an mmo, addict

I'll give it a try, thank you!

>Sales for Sekiro 2 are going to be much lower though, and I bet refunds are through the roof.

Just like Sekiro 1 being casualised and piss easy compared to Dark Souls right?

Attached: 1548955089244.jpg (1791x1793, 396K)

>25-30 hours is not short for a $60 product

yeah, when most AAA games are like 10 hours at most.

nothing
its not souls so why would soulstards buy it?
they only enjoy their janky fight clubs and this game has none of it

What is artificial exactly?