youtube.com/watch?v=Em0Sd60iI2w
youtube.com/watch?v=wtfjWleiHQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=_hXn_iLE7_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4
youtube.com/watch?v=N1jJEKieaww
youtube.com/watch?v=BVnPiLi8vOo
youtube.com/watch?v=JvLRWKZDgVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you enjoy it in 2014? Then you'll probably enjoy it now. Expansions basically improve upon the base game, especially path of fire.

Up to you, it definitely has enough content to be worth the price.

I enjoyed heart of thorns a ton,I still haven't finished Path of Fire

If you decide to buy it, make sure you find the deal that gives you both expansions for a lower price..Had to look for it when I bought both for about 50$

It was my second best experience leveling a character (best one was wow in 2007), and it has the best world exploration of any mmo imo. But I'm not too big on grinding, thats why I left it. I'm looking for some story content + light pve/pvp.

is it grindy tho? I don't like grinds, I'd rather play challenging dungeons a couple of times and drop it when it stops being fun

Sure, go for it.
Just don't expect a great game.

Attached: Norn.jpg (423x807, 47K)

GW2 is the best MMO currently on the market, and /ourguy/ Joe endorsed it himself.

Attached: angryjoe-gw2.png (1690x949, 2.24M)

Then Path of Fire at least is perfect for you. I dunno if they fixed it but Heart of Thorns had some mastery grinding to do when it came out. Hopefully they made that bit easier.

It's kinda grindy, but it sounds like to me Fractals of the mists are your definite go-to for what you're looking for. They keep adding new maps whenever possible for fractals, many of them with some lore bits attached to it. Either that or enjoy some raiding, or pop into the living story chapters and enjoy those for a while.

more fun to play through the GW1 campaigns honestly. GW2 is a trenchcoat collecting game.

NEVER FORGET

Attached: 1551581868280.jpg (1066x663, 580K)

It got woke and turned into a SJW shitpile.
Not worth it even for free.

>Keep thinking about replaying through it as a Warrior
>Remember this armour doesn't exist
>Remember 2 generations ago regular Charr ate people
>Your grandmother could have been eaten by a charr
And they're let into the last human city
That's like Israel letting Nazi's into Jerusuleum

Attached: 1525885546524.jpg (425x900, 83K)

Attached: laughing charr.jpg (335x300, 99K)

Was playing it for a while, but got bored a month ago and haven't gotten on since.

No, shit game with incompetent devs who only release content for the lowest, lowest common denominator casuals around.

>Cat niggers too stupid to invent ladders
>Worship demons for magic because you're jealous humans have gods and you don't
>Nuke the land so it's worthless to everyone
>Still can't take Ascalon
>So you worship demons again
>Still can't tale Ascalon
>Cry about the foefire for centuries to this very day
>Still haven't taken Ascalon

Attached: 1546657275664.jpg (400x420, 42K)

It's been on a slow burn on myself as well since I finished the latest episode. Not really that interested in grinding for a new legendary, outfit or a character slot. Still, it's nice to drop in once in a while and do the dailies or laugh at the writing in season 2.

It's time to move into acceptance, mouse-friend.

Attached: gw033.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

Cope, I still see Ghosts

Attached: 1522146086362.jpg (581x864, 105K)

>eternally butthurt that we wrecked their nation
>became ghosts that get dunked on again and again
suck my barbed dick, Asca-loners

gw was by far the worst game I've ever played. It's even worse than BFA and I hate blizzard

gw2*

I wish i could still have fun in GW2. But whenever i play it, i always feel like something is missing. Something should be drawing me in, immersing me in the world.
Its one of those games you pick up, you have fun with it for a little while, and then wish you were playing something better.

Unless you have entirely feminine sensibilities and enjoy the aesthetics, no. There's no real game there anymore under the pretty coat of paint.

Story becomes more interesting once the expansion stuff starts but characters get worse

gw2 is the best casual mmo imo

No

It's an awesome game designed for people who have real lives, jobs and thus not enough time to grind for better equipment 20 hours a day.
It also has a miscellaneous NPC that uses magic to make himself appear as a woman and two girls who like eachother, which means Yea Forums seethes with rage upon mention of the game and this is honestly the wrong place of the internet to have a proper conversation about it

>Expansions are 50% off
where?

>it's a "Marjory needs to almost die so that Kas can get her shit together" episode

Attached: 1543559147194.png (464x423, 247K)

Storywise they are in a mop-up phase limbo, especially if you ran with Iron Legion. Just like Flame Legion leader has been killed, but occasionally triest to resurrect when people want to run his dungeon. Soon the Charr shall have no major internal issues to deal with in Ascalon. Don't feel bad about it, though. We are so much more civilized creatures nowadays and aren't going to eat you or anything like that, just dominate you all completely via industrial markets and then keep you from chimping out with superior military strength. Once you admit defeat, maybe you can use some of signature that magic of yours to let your human women to give birth to healthy charr cubs so that you may be of some use to civilized progress before wasting away completely.

Attached: smug charrs.jpg (900x568, 205K)

Attached: 22d15b0c839868a156a5.jpg (447x446, 123K)

>draw a boy
>give him a girl face

people are joking about FF14's midget race but that right there is a fucking potato

Season 2 plays like a fucking parody, desu.

Attached: gw028.jpg (1920x1080, 589K)

the combat is so fucking boring. its amazing how my gw2 elementalist with 25 skills feels infinitely less engaging than my gw1 elementalist with 8 skills.

the story was always shit, it's just now it's written by fag hags

Coupon code: GW2WELCOMEBACK
guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/welcome-back-to-guild-wars-2-week-one/

>Expansions are 50% off
where

I re installed 3 days ago while I wait for classic
Decided to instead of completing dumb story and map completion like I always did, to go for pvp, wvw and raids which were things I never bothered to
It’s been fun so far

>how my gw2 elementalist with 25 skills feels infinitely less engaging than my gw1 elementalist with 8 skills
No truer words were ever spoken
I feel like a part of my soul died with this stupid game
Kill me

Attached: 1551553638198.jpg (1022x767, 162K)

Never forget
Also, that armor will probably trigger some players

Never actually bothered with the story, skipped every cinematic and dialog
Exploring the world was fun and so was doing world events with people
Been getting into pvp lately to change things up

>tfw all the shitty warriors were getting the pig armor while all the chad warriors were getting the charr hide set
It was like an unspoken rule that revealed true 100% of the time. Also all the good droknar runner were using the elite charr hide too for some reason.

Attached: Smiter's_Boon_(large).jpg (248x248, 21K)

GW1 was so ugly
GW1 had so many flaws
GW1 was the poor man's WoW

Yet that game had fucking SOUL and PASSION and I loved it so much. Put thousands of hours into GW1 and don't regret a single hour

> tfw realizing elite skills weren’t “premium” player exclusives
> tfw running shitters through missions for big money
> farming chaos axes and that fiery sword for more dosh
> tfw eu finally loses favor

Good, fuck Charr I wish I could bring Legendary Defender of Ascalon across too from HoM

Stats used to be linked to the armour, I don't remember Charr but I remember pigplate was +20 magic defence, knight was -3 damage, gladiator was +energy
Chest and legs gladiator was +5 energy and Charr other was optimal for running droks

Attached: 1546825204845.jpg (1280x1024, 579K)

I want to fuck an Asura

>Exploring the world was fun and so was doing world events with people
yeah that's pretty much the reason why I play as well

see

Theory: Asura are not mammals
They have no body hair, they have no breasts and no nipples. It might be possible that Asura lay eggs. There's no medical equipment anywhere to indicate how they give birth, but I don't think a tiny Asura pussy could squeeze out a huge asura progeny head. The only piece of evidence to suggest they are mammals is the fact they have head hair, but given that it's common for Asura to be bald, even females, maybe all Asura head hair are just very well engineered wigs. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Any info about a new expansion? What's going on with it currently?

>/ourguy/ joe
Please leave and don't come back

Come back to me when you've slain a handful of gods fuckboi

They laid off a bunch of employees

Based

Attached: 2579142.png (621x475, 186K)

Tech people or pr/cm people?

Dunno heard it down the grapevine, I heard how they killed off Palawa Joko and dropped the game last year for it
I come back every year though like a battered wife

ded
gw2 is pretty much over at this point and the only "meaningful" content I can see them adding is more stupid living story episodes
After that, they will either release a GW3 at some point or NCSoft being NCSoft they will drop the license altogether because it's not profitable enough anymore

Attached: 1541263964971.png (1280x980, 858K)

>stagnant gross income
>multiple failed projects
>massive layoff
>all the key people already left the company
>merge with NCSoft West
>GW3 never
Arenanet is going to be sold soon.

Attached: 1553358754475.jpg (500x281, 40K)

It got shilled so much on Yea Forums at one point I decided to play.
Gave WvW a shot and it was always full of beta orbiters obeying the words of some roastie Commander on their own Discords. And people would leave a group with a Commander already to be with said roastie Commanders instead.

I honestly regret buying it

Is the game still stuck on dx9?

>GW1fags still seething

GW2 is a better game in every way, get over it

If you like grinding to get anything cool, sure. Achievements take a long fucking time. Tier 4 fractals take a long fucking time. Legendaries take a looooooooong long fucking time.
What else is there? You can try doing raids if you like those.
Theres really only Dailies, PVP, or Farming Silverwastes all day. If you like those things, ya its fun.

NCSoft forced Anet to put more people back onto GW2 from other "secret projects" because GW2 was the only profitable thing they were doing.

>GW2 is a better game in every way, get over it
"No!"

Attached: 1540876786588.jpg (1585x1895, 824K)

so what's the eden of gw2?
what's the fishermen's haven of gw2?
what's the beacon's perch / droknar forge axis of gw2?
what's the tomb of primeval kings of gw2?
Not even mad, but gw2 has 0 soul and nothing really significant, even fucking roleplayers just spend their days in divinity's reach because of how hollow and fake everything in GW2 feels
Not even avid GW2 players can remember fondly of anything particular about their own game the way people remember some GW1 elements

Attached: 1551277906995.jpg (1920x1080, 775K)

Brahs, put the fight at rest. Both games are good for their own reasons. GW1 was a masterpiece and can't be recreated. GW2 is probably the best mmo currently with enough people playing.

Good, they deserve it for what they did

I can't wait until this trainwreck vanishes without leaving any legacy whatsoever.
They've mishandled, ruined or straight up ignored every fucking single chance they had, whether it's story or gameplay-related.

It's insulting.

Even FFXIV is better

>muh gw

>muh aurine

Heart of Thorns grinding is still just as fuck as it was before, it's only saved from how it was at launch by the fact that you don't have to grind it in the Heart of Thorns areas directly, you just do it in the associated living world areas.

>loved GW1
>they decided to make GW2 absolutely nothing like GW1
GW2 isn't "bad" but I don't care for it since it lacks all the things that made GW1 fun
also fuck off furfags

lol no.

>Both games are good for their own reasons
GW2 is an abomination, nobody likes it, there's always this one faggot like you who acts like a woman
>"Let's agree to disagree"
>"I can see both sides"
GW2 is a heaping pile of horseshit, claiming horseshit is better than dogshit doesn't make shit good

Asura do not have breasts. This is part of what makes them the ultimate race. Please provide a correct image.

>GW1 was so ugly
Imagine being so wrong.

Attached: gw212.jpg (1920x1080, 671K)

Fact: monkettes were and still are the absolute best wives in the entire franchise.
No other girl could hold a candle back then, and GW2 changed absolutely nothing.

Attached: 025.jpg (363x476, 30K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1oFGagjD18o

Attached: gw236.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

>much more frequent content updates
>armor actually fits every race
>ACTUALLY ADDS NEW RACES

youtube.com/watch?v=ROyVkhhV4xw

Attached: gw128.jpg (1920x1080, 546K)

Take me back.

Attached: 1523806243797.jpg (550x366, 60K)

>dude lmao what is armor just paint your body to have 60AR

Attached: Monk_Dragon_armor_f.jpg (391x900, 59K)

>Lesbian and tranny plants are content
>muh races
Fuck off furfag

Attached: 1544429855047.jpg (254x254, 17K)

I bought Factions when it came out. Can I buy Prophecies through Steam and link it to my old account or am I going to start anew?

youtube.com/watch?v=0vihVoxiqMg
Iif only I could, user...
If only.....

Attached: gw261.jpg (1920x1080, 647K)

Not even the best desert track
youtube.com/watch?v=HuglT9h2jlc

Attached: guild-wars.jpg (1280x1024, 449K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bJyvnsHFDnI

Attached: 1532630715042.jpg (410x599, 94K)

It wasn't worth it back then and it's not worth it now.

Attached: GW 2 shill tries to escape.gif (323x226, 2M)

To think I was hyped after the first trailer of
>sequel
youtube.com/watch?v=Em0Sd60iI2w
When did it all went so wrong...?

>GW1 was so ugly
How can one man be so wrong?
>GW1 had so many flaws
It had little flaws besides rubberbanding and retards constantly fucking up skills.
>GW1 was the poor man's WoW
That meme was created by asshurt wowniggers, the game had absolutely nothing in common with WoW

fucking sad

Attached: 1551550358153.jpg (223x223, 10K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wtfjWleiHQ4

Attached: gw229.jpg (1920x1080, 637K)

Gw2 wasnt even a successor to GW1 what are you sad about ?
that skill system is irredimable.

Good ol' days.
youtube.com/watch?v=_hXn_iLE7_Q

youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4

Attached: 1546482267460.jpg (1360x768, 71K)

Sure, best casual mmo experience I ever had.

Thanks for PTSD.

Is a great game have fun. I play almost every day

Based
youtube.com/watch?v=N1jJEKieaww

if you love pvp then avoid like the plague.

>1 Gem has been deposited to your account's wallet.

oh shit OC idea. Hold on to your butts.

never 4get

If only Anet had the balls to make a Cantha expansion in GW2, I'd pick it up again.

Attached: posters.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

I wouldn't, how did the handle "not africa" with the dervish and paragons and the whole heavily attuned to the human gods location?

>is it grindy tho? I don't like grinds, I'd rather play challenging dungeons a couple of times and drop it when it stops being fun

There's no grind in the game, except for some reason level requirements on story quests when everything scales you down anyway. Gear is practically worthless and doesn't serve any purpose except unlocking your skills. Gold is also useless. If you like collecting meaningless skins, then sure, it is incredibly grindy. Otherwise no.

Attached: mommygf.jpg (560x554, 144K)

They did it pretty good in Nightfall by showcasing central and northern Africa settings, but dropped the ball with PoF.

>If only Anet had the balls to make a Cantha expansion
No thank you, they already destroyed Tyria and Elona beyond recognition, no doubt a fate even worse awaits Cantha. Especially since we know Cantha has become an evil isolationist bigoted empire, the progressive propaganda would have no fucking brake to have the tolerant main character gathering a multicultural non-binary gendered team of diverse heroes to smash the kaineng patriarchy.

Attached: gw283.jpg (1920x1080, 595K)

Do not buy them. It's a desperate attempt by Anet to save their game. Just let this trash die.

I suffer because I am a sylvari fag. I even liked Trahearn and was sad when they killed him for all the loud haters
I know many hate them because how spotlighty they were, yet I can't help but like them the most. While I like HoT it still was pretty underdeveloped in regards to sylvari interaction. Past Verdant Brink any and all mistrust and whatnot is gone. I also think the pale tree should have taken up the role of Mordremoth dominion as the balance of things was stressed in the living world story more then enough afterwards.
But alas, after HoT I can't expect any real new content for them.
youtube.com/watch?v=BVnPiLi8vOo

Attached: 1451275045676.jpg (424x601, 26K)

>Cantha has become an evil isolationist bigoted empire

Oh shit, you're right. I guess it really is better to not tarnish the sweet memory of one of the best expansions ever made.

Attached: stu depressed.jpg (184x184, 6K)

There, I tried.

Attached: 1234556786876867.png (822x725, 77K)

>cantha has become evil isolationist empire
Kinda like real world China was? It being a sensible way to limit the scope of the world? Nah, must be SJW propaganda at play.

Attached: raptor-animaton.gif (300x297, 2.98M)

Given their track record, yes. If it weer an isolated occurrence, no. Don't act disingenuous and ignore the context on purpose, they named one of their later emperor's "Usoku", for fuck's sake. "Right side".

Attached: Walls of Guild Wars 2.jpg (3150x2910, 1.51M)

Attached: 1286247590821.jpg (720x479, 82K)

Oh shit I am feeling it.

Attached: 213456757657.png (853x694, 68K)

Based and margopilled.

Fuck, typo.
Hol up.

Hell no.

There, fixed.

Attached: 213456757657.png (853x694, 73K)

Angel McCoy destroyed GW2 for at least a year or more for me. I couldn't bear her terrible writing which crept into every aspect of the game.
But if you ignore the story completely, it is at least an okay game.

mfw cant join Balthazar on his quest then use him to kill the Charr and take back Ascalon
also post Norn qts

>also post Norn qts
Copy that.

Attached: gw162.jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JvLRWKZDgVM
Thank you Zack, very cool!

>mfw cant join Balthazar on his quest then use him to kill the Charr and take back Ascalon

>Oh no we cant let balthazar kill a dragon
>Kill the dragon anyway
They're going to replace him with a goddess of war aren't they

Attached: 1527820323670.jpg (248x250, 11K)

No because human gods are bad, and its not totally because the writers had parent neglect issues.

>They're going to replace him with a goddess of war aren't they
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: Ulcerous_Lungs.jpg (248x248, 23K)

I know you can hear this sound. ;^)

Attached: 123453567778.jpg (248x248, 16K)

Original fashion wars >>>>> fashion wars 2

Attached: gw264.jpg (386x673, 73K)

>Soon the Charr shall have no major internal issues to deal with in Ascalon.
You do realise that since release the lore has been that humans and charr are going to share Ascalon, right? You can find this out at the ceasefire place in Fields of Ruin and further north in Fields of Ruin where humans are resettling the land.
I would like a good underdog vs monster war too but GW2 is written by people that do not want conflict in any way shape or form.

Don't forget!

Attached: 12345675867.jpg (248x248, 20K)

>moves away for a second

Pshhhh... nothin personnel... kid

just gonna fuck your shit up

Attached: Blackout.jpg (248x248, 17K)

Deenn da da doon....

Attached: 'Can't_Touch_This!'.jpg (248x248, 21K)

>Have full leg armor with backpiece and leg weapon, completed the full story so far, grinded fractals to death for omni potion, got all the mounts and got all the skins I ever wanted.
Now im bored as fuck and haven't played in the pass few weeks. I got a could 2.5k hours but I guess its time to move on, I see what they mean by content drought now.

Attached: 54CCF9D6-05CF-4154-8F17-072BE062A9DB-4386-00000B504F5C1521.jpg (590x550, 54K)

based

Halfway there in terms of getting obsi.

Attached: 12454768678.jpg (228x136, 18K)

>Char genocide humans
>They bro it up anyway
This will never make me not mad.

Also, why are humans on the brink of extinction on gw2 considering we have so many different places and capitols to explore on all of gw1's expansions + base game?

>humans on brink of extinction
Yeah thats kinda bullshit, theres humans everywhere. Its just that there's only 1 human kingdom left.

Yeah, diversity is their strength.

Submissive and meek will always seek the companionship and acceptance of the strong.

I don't think they really are on verge of extinction by any meter despite getting rekt in Orr, Ascalon, Vabbi and potentially in Cantha.

Attached: charr annoyed.jpg (390x318, 59K)

>Cantha
>Vabbi
>Kryta

>Submissive and meek will always seek the companionship and acceptance of the strong.
You mean how the Charr sought the power of the titans because otherwise they were magic incapable? How do they even explain the Charr using magic in GW2 again? Because without the power of the titans or the shamans, they have zero capability.

>Cantha
>gassed every non human, rebel and non-native
Yeah, they're just fine.

> No fx
> no glow
> no angle or devlil wings
What a noob

>implying it won't be written off as the royalty and military being vampires/possessed by demons or some shit, the age old iron curtain switcharoo story template

are you a furry faggot? then the game is for you
you aren't? then don't even touch it with a stick

>submissive and meek
Consider the following

Attached: Warrior_Charr_Hide_armor_m.jpg (425x900, 74K)

Oh, or the unnamed sea/spirit dragon.

Charr aren't even the most played race. Or have the kinkiest players.

Attached: charr tribal posing.jpg (900x1000, 217K)

says the literal furfag

Attached: gw819.jpg (662x888, 436K)

This is the future you choose

Attached: F7C04874-863F-4F9E-8CB2-2DFC39D21C6E.png (752x869, 1.87M)

They don't think it was like that, but it was.
Fuck Kormir.

> human hands on chest
What did he mean by that

>mouse wants to be Charr masterrace so badly that made himself a fursuit
Heh.

Attached: rytlock victory.gif (640x360, 432K)

Post Asuras, faggots.

Source!

Attached: 15304487954674.png (580x864, 451K)

Lots of build experimentation and chill map bosses/fractals. Open world is shit combat wise but exploration is decent. Community is healthy

>Masterrace
Ah yes, let's look at some traditional charr architecture
What a triumpth

Attached: 1550381065544.jpg (256x256, 25K)

AYO HOL'UP!
SO U BE SAYIN
WE WUZ KHAN'URZ 'N SHIEET?!

Wow look at the intricacy of the structure, please wonder at the carpentry work and the revolving door system, this is pure beyond-the-wall technology.

>full legendary armor
>2.5k hours
>complains about content drought
There is nothing they could release that would satisfy your autism.

And their artistic sculptures, what depth, what intrigue
We have so much to learn from their culture

Attached: 1534149031743.jpg (256x256, 27K)

Attached: gw267.jpg (1920x1080, 664K)

>you can have a character named after pornstar
Thank you Mike, very cool!

ugh, image why won't you upload?

Attached: 1245675756.png (537x20, 17K)

>it's a "Taimi solves everything and tells you what to do episode"

Attached: 1548783594674.png (446x435, 76K)

>it's a "everyone is BFF no matter what" episode

Attached: 1382308456058.png (678x678, 500K)

i really fucking hope Taimi dies to that illness

Attached: 1539109409258.jpg (500x375, 25K)

I was hoping she would die when Joko trapped her in the golem
>those progeny screams of pain

Attached: 123446576678.jpg (622x496, 71K)

Did they made thief leveling good, or is the class still fucked because of "muh pvp balance" ?

Attached: Capture.png (1517x807, 221K)

Taimi is my favourite, she's an arrogant cunt but the rest are wet cardboard

>I didn't do it, WE did it

>Strategic assets are of no value in this struggle to save the world, make sure to save these peasants first and lead them to safety!

Someone needs to make "Get your Yordles Off!" animation with asura.

Attached: 12445676887678.png (1485x890, 397K)

It's the only good mmo left shadow bringers looks like a dumpster fire

>tfw no fluffy tail gf

Attached: 1451221238355.jpg (980x722, 157K)

I like Canach.

This reminds me that /gw2g/ bot did nothing wrong.

that bot still blasting threads in /vg/? i wonder what type of freak-beast autismo would hate the game that much to make it

I agree though
Generals were a mistake

Attached: 1423911481549.png (1200x800, 274K)

>muh bunny bois :((
kys faglord

He is. I believe it's a combination of few passes, VPNs and a shitload of free time.

>ywn walk up to this for the first time again

Attached: gw007.jpg (2560x1440, 954K)

classic.
I also miss this golden Norn with two disco balls.

we posting dumb characters now?

Attached: 1441339892186.png (437x478, 457K)

Attached: 1998476367732.jpg (620x562, 112K)

We live in guildciety...

Attached: Fuck_you_Veronica.jpg (1151x968, 324K)

As someone who spent playing this game for 2500+ hours and even met his wife there... I'd advice against it.

Why? Long story short; it's a decent single player game oretending to be an MMO when in reality it's more akin to Gaia Online and other avatar chat rooms.

The thing is, the game is deceptively fun at first, exploring the map, trying the classes and all that is great. When I first started playing, it seemed like everywhere I went there was something new to find, be it hidden platforming minigames named Jumping Puzzles, events happening around the map, some of them even hidden, and trying to get every collectable that's needed for the skill level up process. It has quite decent character customization in regards of clothing and weapons which lets you look pretty much however you want to, and the combat was fluid, fast, and fun.

I tried the F2P version, and decided to get the expansions. However the expansions were a heartbreaker, not because they were bad, but because they made me realize the game has no definite focus, and that's where the problems began.

Anet is a company that designs stuff for the sake of it. They release a map monthly in which the story takes place, with some events on top, but it ultimately gets abandoned because there's actually nothing to do. Instanced content like dungeons is completely, literally abandoned, and they sometimes release Raids or Fractals (very short dungeons) that are either hit or miss. We are two expansions in and we have less content than ESO and FFXIV.

Endgame is completely dependant on the crafting system, which is pretty archaic. Everything from cosmethic items to consumables depends on it and it's quite the gold sink. There's no gear threadmill, meaning that there's only a handful viable builds for all classes (all DPS use the same gear unless they're condition damage, and even then most condition damage players wear the same gear anyways).

Attached: 1449697747086.jpg (1920x1080, 826K)

if you approach the game as a casual gamer that doesn't care too much about raiding I think its a good time waster.

I used to jump around Rasman while waiting for raids.
I miss these days.