MEMES ASIDE, HOW IS THIS GAME

I hear people here saying it's 5 hours long, yet i hear elsewhere that it takes at least 30 hours?
The more i see this game, the more i'm interested. But it has only 76 on PC metacritic. Is it because they're still conparing it to dark souls? Or is it because the pc controls suck? Please explain.
How is the gameplay? Looks like Furi but without bullets.
And lastly, how much should you pay for it?

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x845, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tsjd3h2Wkfg
metacritic.com/game/pc/sekiro-shadows-die-twice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It’s very

excellent

game bad because game new and new game bad and me want new game to fail for epic v shitpost

yes

This. The game is but needs more to be any. Still really and in my opinion

Kek

It's GOTY.

Attached: owning.webm (900x506, 2.84M)

Yes. It's very. Although it is, but still it's very. Well worth.

More like Sekiro Shockwaves Strike Twice. Game is littered with shitboxes just like the previous games. Why can't From do hitboxes right?

It's the best Souls-like game easily. Ignore the faggots shitting on it, they're just pissed their precious Bloodborne has been surpassed.

The hitbox fuckery is a meme. I barely ran into them when playing the entire fucking series.

Name a studio that does better hitboxes.

>reach blightown 2.0
>mini boss takes off 80% of my health with a single shot
yeah i'm done. there's no reason for me to force myself through this.

Untrue, only weird hitboxes are in the grab attacks because it's binary. It doesn't matter where it hits you and it'll count as a hit.

Oh no no no no now you've done it.

Attached: Hand_53-512.png (512x512, 32K)

the majority of low user review scored are from shitter-shattered phantom summoning babies
its a very good game but they removed many of the crutches that bad players used to squeak through the souls games

>Sekiro has no enemy variety
>Sekiro has no playstyle variety
>Sekiro is the shortest souls game with no replay value
>Bloodborne has been surpassed

You're actually right though, it's so good at what it does, what it loses doesn't matter.

I dont think I'd want a bloodborne 2 anymore without jumping.

buy it.

It’s filter for overleveling/summoning soulsborne fags. Naturally Yea Forums hates it because everyone here is shit that can only finish sony movies.
GOTY otherwise
Yea Forums should stick to DMC5 with it’s “game-everyone-can-finish mentality”.

It's so easy to spot people who haven't played the souls games, but instead have seen the dozen or so webms reposted several million times of uncommon grab box and hit box glitches. You can play through the entire series and encounter only a few or a couple instances of it happening.

Attached: IMG_0396.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

that miniboss is a huge pain in the ass but she's very defeatable, always assume she's gonna shoot if there's any space between you
If you're inside her rifle she'll shoot right past you

You can still overlevel in Sekiro as well. There's a reason the power-ups are optional. You did finish the game without them, right?

It can be speedrun in under an hour but a normal gameplay should take 15-20 hours. This takes into consideration if you get stuck abit. Good game. From's best work imo.

So you didn't play DS2. Gotcha.

There’s a hard gate to lvling tho. You have to kill bosses to do it.
Don’t worry mate, just stick to DMC. You can’t die there.

>can't customize my appearance
>no weapon variety at all
>only prosthetic arm variety

It's good but I'm bored. I'm so fucking bored. I want to play dress up and use dumb weapons to kill things.

Dark Souls 3 is still very active

I really can't stand the setting of this game, it's something that just prevents me from having fun in it.

I just want Bloodborne 2 honestly. The trick weapons are ten times more fun than anything in any DaS game. The screaming crucifix was fun for a bit in DaS3 though.

>can't beat a hard boss?
>just beat some easier ones!
Literally grinding and basically cheating. Git gud scrub

>beat her
>come accross another one in 10 minutes
no thanks, couldn't be bothered. this whole mini boss every few minutes thing is extremely annoying. on top of that, terror is just a worse version of frenzy since it can take all your hp. i could beat these guys but none of these fights are any fun to begin with so why bother. i'll just play something else

>killing bosses is cheating
Just stick to DMC mate. It’s perfect for you.

if you're talking about the one at the icy cliffs approaching the gunfort poison from the rusty blade prosthetic blows her the fuck out
the one deep underground is much harder because she lacks the poison vulnerability

You can just skip most minibosses if you don't want to deal with them.

it's pretty long,but it doesn't play like souls.
It's fast paced with infinite stamina and barely any health.
It's harder than ds forsure.
If you die there's a chance an npc will die too, so the game wants you to resurrect.
My main problem is all encounters can solved by stealth, fighting regular enemies feels like a chore.
Also bosses at the start feel like damage sponges and you are pretty weak.

Is there any dlc prospect for the game implied from the story?
I haven't bought the game, because From's previous games had dlc released at some later dates.

>he can't beat the game without upgrades
I bet you summoned aid in previous From games lol. Git gud scrub

>Activision has anything to do with the game
You know they're gonna tuck that dlc in.

BLACK
MORTAL
BLADE

Just stick to sony exclusive movies and dmc mate, its perfect for you.

DS2 is fine.

When people shat on the hitbox I expected something on the level of MHFU but turns out it's just shitter coping.

I don't get the hate for this game.

It's hard to learn but easy to master.
The only gitgud part is the first 5 hours.

it's the underground one. either way i'm not going to bother, at this point i'm only forcing myself through this game because i paid for it and not because i'm actually enjoying it
>skip mini bosses
>have a tiny health bar and get oneshot by the actual bosses later on
gun lady is taking off about 80% of my health with one gunshot. if i was skipping mini bosses this whole time she would oneshot my every time

the "bad DS2 hitbox" meme is largely attributed to low ADP during launch week. It does have some legitimate shitboxes but it's mostly due to low iframe + low distance coverage on the roll startup.

No way its 5 hours. Game is spirit breaking hard. It will absolutely rape you and you will question if you will be able to complete it. A feeling i havnt felt since the original Ninja Gaiden for xbox.

this, it's relatively smooth sailing past Genchiro, the estate fucked me so hard starting out though

Bro don't worry the controls are tight as fuck and the combat is amazing. Well worth the money and has replayability. My GOTY so far

It's a great fucking game, FROM did it again. Though it still have some criticism. I find no incentive to use the martial art skill tree and many of the prosthetics. It also funnles you into a rock-paper-scissors style of combat, which hinders player expression in that regard, though I personally did found it engaging regardless. Sekiro has the best aesthetics when it comes to games with a similar Feudal Nippon setting, but the art style of these settings are still pretty bland. A lot of the mystery and intrigue that made BB and DaS/DeS interesting is kind of missing in Sekiro, and from a lore and world building stand point it's pretty weak. The OST is a mess, Yuka Kitamura (even though I like some of her tracks) really homogenized the OST in Sekiro, and it was pretty telling that was going to be the case when coming off of DaS2's and DaS3's OST, in which the OST in both sounded generic for the most part. Exploration is great, and really opens up at the midway of the game. Bosses were consistently challenging, and some of them are the best FROM has devised. The stealth is very primitive, and it serves more as a moment to moment gameplay mechanic, not something you can wholly rely on. The node grapple mechanic also sucks, having to grapple to predetermined points felt relatively restrictive, given how much mobility is granted to the player (we can finally jump without running in a FROM game). Also, ganks suck dick, as the Sekiro is the game where the combat is geared towards 1v1s. All in all, I enjoyed it, but it has some questionable design choices. Hasn't really topped Bloodborne, but it's still a fantastic game.
Fuck that final boss though

Attached: IMG_0989.jpg (637x711, 66K)

Graphics>nioh
Story=nioh
Level design > nioh
Music =nioh
Combotnioh , however the grapple hook cheapens the vertical exploration by making it too easy. Should of just stuck with AC climbing system

non shitposting reply. I finished it in 26 hours, I also took my time and at least five of those hours were afk.

The good: The combat is an improvement on the souls formula. Its basically rock paper scissors, but with parry/dodge/jump. The fights have a 'rhyme' to them, rather than engaging, disengaging like in other souls games you stick to your enemy and both of you throw your attacks at each other until you break the others poise, it feels fun and fluid. I would be happy if this combat system was in all future games. Lots of the bosses are kino. The map design is good, you dont backtrack much and the areas feel dense with enemies. The prosthetic system is okay, but its a bit cookie cutter. Each boss has a weakness, match the prosthetic to the boss, makes life easier. You dont really think that much just experiment and then use it.

The bad: Total lack of customization is disappointing. Some of the bosses are just fucking tedious as shit to fight and will take hours. Zero online of any shape or form.

The ugly: Zero replayability. By the time you finish the game you'll have all the items in the game and all the skills pretty much, so you have no thing to look forward to. NG+ offers nothing new except slightly harder difficulty and a new mechanic whereby if you parry but the timing isnt perfect, you take chip damage to your hp bar. Means you cant spam parry to win like you can in a normal game so its harder.

So the question is do you want to play 30 hours of a soulslike game with better combat knowing you probably wont touch it ever again?

>It also funnles you into a rock-paper-scissors style of combat
Can you elaborate? I'm about 20 hours in and I didn't particularly feel that unless they have a shield or wood hat that needed to be axed. I agree though, I have had almost 0 incentive to use a lot of prosthetics, and in fact haven't properly used 90% of them other than the poison dagger, axe, and firecrackers.

did the end of the dragon bossfight make anyone else kek?
> cut open his fucking tear duct and take the jewel from it
> gracious gift of tears

it wasnt a jewel, it was a literal tear of fluid

which you just somehow kept in your hand

ah the way its insides looked i thought it was a stone of sorts due to weird dragon biology
that makes more and less sense simultaneously

>Guardian Ape

No it isn’t

It easily is 30+ hours on first playthrough while playing at a normal pace.

Japanese are always morbidly polite like that.

Grape Ape was easy, only his first form poses any real challenge due to his gigantic hit box on grab attacks. Once he picks up the sword he's parry fodder, only the scream poses any threat.

Great game but I hope From doesn't make a sequel and end up turning it into a franchise. They've finally stopped iterating on Souls games and managed to make a different game where they tried new things. I hope they continue to try out different ideas.

finished the game earlier, jsut started new ame + a hour ago and im at monkey already.

>just stick to Sony exclusives
I will stick the superior Sony exclusive, Bloodborne. Not this 5 hour game trash

Attached: 16FF29A5-0208-4880-9E15-9F20AA10A12F.png (1313x313, 176K)

It's hard to describe. What I want to convey is that you HAVE to use deflects and regular attacks at precisely the correct times. If your timing is off, you get bent and taste a mouthful of nippon steel.

No idea how this "5 hours long" meme got traction, but the game is just as long as your usual Soulslike.

>only the scream poses any threat
It doesn't, it has a very generous telegraph

>tfw sword saint
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

which is why I said relatively, he's the biggest difficulty spike for a good while

...To elaborate more, it's almost like a rhythm game. You have to put the right inputs corresponding to your oppenents attacks. For some, it can be tedious. It was for me initially, until I got a hang of it.

Attached: IMG_0689.jpg (841x475, 114K)

They removed all the rpg component leaving the insane amount of damage, so you reach the end game with this super long health bar but still get oneshot by 2 hits.

Attached: hp.webm (518x60, 373K)

If you want a really hard game with good combat then go.
If you like other things more then no-go

>better combat
I think this is subjective. While the raw mechanics are a lot better for an action-focused title, it feels like the game wasn't really built well around them. I found a lot of the bosses just tedious because they have so much HP and posture while hardly being a threat to the player due to their simple and easy to learn patterns and movesets.

My first playthrough was about 28 hours and I explored every level thoroughly. I got the Return ending and killed the Demon without looking anything up.

If we assume most people don't consider overly exploring everything a "normal pace," then most people are probably ending the game at 20-25 hours.

You can probably run it in 5 hours if you have godlike skills to never die even despite lack of upgrades and ignore all/most of side content. But an average playthrough by a relatively normal player would be more like 50 hours.

ITT: shitters who can't beat bosses and people who haven't played the game.

can't say I love souls games that much, adore this game
no clue why, it just clicks.

Souls series spoiled me too much. I unironically can't enjoy it, because I want to have invasions, and a big variety of weapons and armour to spice things up. Also, the setting is very bland.

Guess it's just not a game for me.

Maybe you're a weeb?

can't deny I love pagodas,buddhist temples and japanese castles.

2nd best Soulsborne game behind only Bloodborne

kino
>fight with the Owl
>they use multiple tools
>mikiri counters your thrust and spear attacks
>can one shot you if your posture breaks
>2nd phase has him flop into a begging position to screw with you
that's how you do a proper scumbag ninja fight

>because I want to have invasions
for all my 160h in 3 souls games I never was invaded. never.

same here.
I did enjoy it towards the end though when the difficulty ramped and the areas got more interesting.
But there is something about exploring expecting to find interesting weapons/armor laying around. dark souls just has more shit to do and collect+pvp

Sekiro combat is great though, it probably wouldn't work for pvp

Why won't this divine bitch give me more rice goddamnit. I GAVE HER THE TOME AND HAVE BOTH SNAKE VISCERA REEEEEEE

you actually have to buy them and be online you know

maybe you weren't human/embered enough?
maybe you weren't online
maybe you're lying

Did you at least try invading yourself?

the only thing it needs is a good strength type enemy
youtu.be/Tsjd3h2Wkfg

Attached: 1552376823466.jpg (366x550, 35K)

So far I've killed the Drunkard, Armored Knight, the guy on the horse, and Blazing Bull. Found Lady Butterfly but I'm thinking I might need a specific item to have a better shot. "Killed" her and she revived. Phase 2 maybe?

Tips on beating this Ashina Spear fag in front of the tower where we find the Divine Heir initially? I get him to 50% every time then just get shit on. Can't ever perform the Mirkiri counter on his thrust and everything else shits on me.

>TFW Your blood is boiling
That fight is so fun, but forcing you to fight another boss beforehand is a bit much. Basically turns it into a four stage boss battle. It was fun getting a rematch against Genichiro and bodying him after he tore my ass up 15 hours ago though.

How do I beat the shinobi hunter spear guy at Hirata estate?

I've beaten the drunken fat faggot already but this guy keeps fucking me up

do you have rice on you? eat it then rest and ask for more, that messed with me a little
do it a few times until she gets tired
then she'll want a persimmon, which you can get from killing some monkeys in one of the temple areas
then she should do all the other shit

Its an aesthetically pleasing game with great enemy, world and boss design but its just way too difficult to be fun and feels more of a chore than actually a good game. it demands too much for too little in terms of combat system with all of its nuances and after mastering the basics, its goes absolutely nowhere but the exaggerated damage taken route. I would have really enjoyed it if the damage taken would be cut by like 80% and it got rid of insta kill grab moves but as it stands, its not even worth 10 bucks and I kinda regret pirating it. Worst souls game by far

I did, I keep refreshing but it doesn't do shit.

you parry him and hit him. you can even use tools on him

People have been posting their finished games on/vg/ and it's almost always bang on 25 to 30 hours.

not a souls game

not an argument

Shuriken are her primary counter when she goes up on her wires. Phase 2 is fought just like phase one, except her projectiles now spawn smaller ones that have some mild tracking on them and she also spawns illusions in the form of basic enemies. You can either kill them normally or use a snap seed to dispel them immediately.

tools don't do anything to him
all his attacks are thrusts so parrying is a fucking nightmare

You'll thank him later for teaching you the ropes when the game actually gets hard

kill yourself smugposter

Thrust attacks can only be deflected or dodged.

Buy Mirri Counter skill for 2 pips and dodge towards him when he goes for the long windup charging thrust. Stomp his spear and stomp his shit; mirri counter negates all spearfags.

Nm I just had to warp around.

Get the mikiri counter

Roberrrrto!

>all his attacks are thrusts

Mirri Counter skill my dude.

Suddenly, you beg enemies to thrust because you easily style on them.

Oh you think it wont get harder?
>THIS IS JUST THE TUTORIAL LEVEL

Throw shurikens at her when she’s in the air
Get gim stuck on the stairs and cheese him

Mikiri counter his thrusts is the biggest tip. Otherwise you can stealth kill most of the enemies in that arena. I usually get the first guy, go up on the branch and drop into the bushes to get the other two, then when he comes up to investigate I drop off and kill the archer. Then back up on the branch to wait for an opening to get a stealth attack on the hunter then the fight starts in earnest.

Is the level design open ended or is it a linear piece of shit like DS3?

???
Levels in DS3 are some of the most open in the franchise.

>tie hitbox to an attribute
>thus making said attribute absolutely essential to level up first thing on a new char to have sane game experience
B-team design choices never cease to amaze me

Interior Ministry story

I have a shitty 2014 laptop. I-7 4710mq with a gtx970m. Will sekiro run better in it than my ps4?

Starts more linear, opens up more and more as you progress through it

Opens up massively in at the midpoint of the game.

But the world itself is a linear path and has no connection to the hub

I've always wondered why they tied iframes to a fucking stat. Why?

Attached: IMG_0541.jpg (632x548, 24K)

now that the dust has settled, post ps4 global boss trophy % completions

Attached: 1530548146178.jpg (639x481, 49K)

You quickly start feeling like your overwhelmed with options especially as you get to ashina castle.

Lady Butterfly tips?

What you're referring to is called backtracking

just improve your skills with the Mikiri and keep trying, if you can't Mikiri 7 Spears you're in trouble for multiple fights later

Suck her nips.

Throw shurikens when she's in the air

Literally just do what the tip tells you to do when you first encounter the boss. Dodge attack dodge attack dodge. Granted don’t be too brain dead about it and make sure to space it out a bit. 2nd phase is more or less the same except now you got little niglets trying to stab you. Either wait it out for them to disappear or just snap into a slim Jim.

There are a couple of plot hooks here and there. Wolf mentions to the Sculptor that he has to thank him for saving the Heir's life, but that event is never shown in the game. Likewise Enma mentions having met Wolf before but Wolf doesn't remember. There is like a 3 year gap in Wolf's memories and thanks to the Buddha statue they can basically set new levels in any time or place.
There is also the question of "Where did Genichiro get a second Mortal Blade", and "Why did Wolf's Shinobi clan end up standing against him".

Damn near ever boss is about deflect, deflect, deflect. Deflect lady butterfly's bullshit and let her fuck her posture up. Another good strategy is to basically smack her a few times, dodge to the side, and keep doing that, but it takes a while. As for her second phase idk, its fuckin horrible.

I honestly don’t see why Robert’s dad wants to fight you. You weren’t even there for the centipede water.

But he thought you were, and if there is anything that Japanese media is known for its fuckers who'd rather kill each other than take 2 minutes to explain their motivations.

Ok fuck it I give up. How the hell do I deal with the headless in Ashina depths? Not being able to dodge is dildos and just coming into contact with the nigger gives me terror like hell even with the pacifying agent buff on. Also where do I get more confetti? Shits ridiculous that I need this item every time I even ATTEMPT to fight the damned thing.

Attached: 483A1B25-9D33-45AE-AD76-5B5C5BE4F21D.jpg (235x176, 7K)

Does using one of those dragon blood items from a vendor completely heal the dragonrot for every NPC? I was gonna use one but didn't know if they were dear.

Yes and unless you are bad you should have enough for the whole game.

I didn't bother with headless until after fighting the owl but you should get the terror gourd from the mibu village mob and don't waste your confetti when you're weak or you're gonna have to farm later on.

how do i know if i need to use it? The pink countdown is almost up aboce my healthbar. Is that it?

>no connection to the hub
Neither does DeS / BB. And DS3 areas were often several tines a DS1 / 2 level.
Anyway, Sekiro's world is connected physically to the hub and it's sort of open ended I guess. The levels are incredibly open and they have a lot of room for exploration.

Attached: Dx8XPhOUUAAWUpm.jpg (680x1280, 106K)

That should be your resurrections filling up whenever you feel like I do it after finishing zones or boss fights I've died a lot to

did you return the dragon and save him Yea Forums?

Attached: tyt8s2sdw5o21.png (1818x3000, 1.04M)

Headless requires you to basically just go apeshit on him. Apply confetti and ako candy and go nuts, if you hit him enough he'll stagger and dispel the TWOP aura and the terror effect on his sword. You CAN block his sword without terror build up but it has to be a deflect. If he disappears he's trying to get behind you for a grab attack, so turn around and start swinging and you'll interrupt him. Don't fight him at range or try to run; once committed stay on him like glue and only stop attacking to deflect.

I haven't yet played a Souls-style game, but I now have the urge to. Should I get Sekiro for $60, or the full DS1+2+3 collection for about the same price? Is it known whether the replay value of Sekiro is decent? What's the best option if I want good value-for-money but like the idea of a smoother/faster gameplay in Sekiro?

look at your key items in the inventory and in the bottom check how many dragonrot items you have, they only affect unseen aid and being to able to do their quests

It cures the rot of, at the time, afflicted npcs.
The game will give you items that represent the rot for each npc and the unseen aid % will drop.

I got him to be reborn through the temple maiden

It's not 5 hours. It's more around 30.

It's not a bad game, but it's clunky. It has better combat than most souls, but I would not say the combat is as good as Nioh actually. The level design is way better. It's worth full price.

There's like a handful of different endings and I doubt your playstyle will be different enough at best you can finish it twice.

what the fuck where is this? I beat this faggot in the starting area and he was a fucking annoying piece of shit.

there's nothing clunky about it except walljumping

there were a few aspects of 2 that seemed to come from a poorly designed opinion of PvP. I assume iframes were tied to a stat in an attempt to nerf light weight builds, just like soul memory was a retarded attempt to nerf twinking.
DaS2 has so many good things like Covenant of Champions that i hate that it also misses the mark so hard on easy things like Blue Sentinels. Just thinking about that makes me sad, it's so simple to have Blue Sents work for anyone who hasn't joined a covenent, but instead they make it only work if people join way of blue.

>I haven't played a Souls style game

1-2-3 will be way more fun for a lot longer. Sekiro is good but those are way better.

Conflicted. Neat bosses and world design, but the gameplay is severely flawed. They tried making a hardcore action game, but it still has the Souls jank to it. And it turns out that bit of jank is REALLY a fucking problem when every enemy can two shot you and your fucking parry has a delay.

Also the game punishes you for dying while at the same time having bosses where you HAVE to memorize attack patterns and shit, and several "oh shit" second phases. And by punishes you I mean potentially missing out on sidequests and equipment.

Also only having one weapon with a really limited moveset sucks dick.

I always feel like sprinting and jumping have lots of input lag. It feels super sticky if you're trying to navigate through a space by sprinting and jumping around. You know, ninja stuff.

excellent

Attached: LdDsKo4.jpg (811x858, 235K)

>Walk into boss fight
>Spam R1
>Whenever it has a certain amount of hits, it does a parry then attack
>Parry this attack
>Kill boss without getting hit once

It's fun but please don't pretend this is somehow perfect. The combat is clunky especially compared to something like NG.

metal gear rising: revengeance did sekiro's combat better

You just stop progressing on sidequests and can continue them after healing dragonrot, none of the npcs die because of it

It's because people are getting repeatedly assblasted by the game. I know that for a fact because I am one of them. I've played all weekend and I'm only at Genichiro.

>Parry having lag

It doesn't. You cannot parry during an animation. I don't even disagree with you, but that is not an actual example. A real example is shit like parry being LB, but arte being LB and RB, and you needing to parry and attack fast, meaning sometimes you randomly will do your art because it counts 1 then 1 press fast as pressing the buttons together.

>>It's hard to learn but easy to master.
Not with that fucking parry delay.
>wait for attack to come
>press it when it hits
>Wolf takes a second to actually start blocking
It's so annoying have to press parry just a second too early.

not clunky as in it feels good to control the character and it feels somewhat responsive in combat. theres definitely some input lag as it has a forced vSync on, enabling GPU driven vsync just makes the game stutter for me too.

There is not a parry delay. You are just timing it wrong.

>

I'm not saying the controls are clunky, I'm saying parts of the combat are. The controls are fairly responsive and I don't have a complaint there, it's a clunky design in combat.

Is it anything nearing a deal breaker? No. I'm having a shitload of fun.

It's shit.

Attached: based.png (585x450, 308K)

You could wait until getting Malcontent and just stunlocking them to death.

>It doesn't. You cannot parry during an animation
That's retarded, then. If a girl needs you to do split second parries it should be priority.

You never have to stop attacking except when she does the huge AOE light thing or an unblockable, in which case you either have to jump or dodge to the side and keep attacking. I think the reason people find her difficult is the way you are meant to do it betrays expectations.

Is he still going with Sekiro?

I only meant the controls and I agree that the combat isn't designed to fullest, you can stunlock certain minibosses/bosses with just spamming certain abilities

Thanks. I'm planning on going with Souls, then. Any thoughts on starting play order? Would I spoil myself for 1 and 2 (in terms of gameplay smoothness) if I began with 3?

1 is definitely harder than the other 2.

Tomoe is mentioned a lot but doesn't show up

>parry delay
More like your brain is delayed. There is no "parry delay" retard.

Attached: 1232483409565.jpg (359x359, 28K)

You CAN parry immediately after your sword has been deflected, so it's really not a problem.

Spam Nightjar slash from the prosthetic tree and lady butterfly becomes the easiest boss in the game

You are not completing this game in 5 hours first try. All From games are short when you know what to do and how to play the game decent. The bad score is probably a mix between soulsfaggots who can't over level bosses or cheese them with stupid builds (magic lmao). You actually have to git gud and do shit yourself and not rely only crutches like summons and farming enemies.

The combat arts and tools are fairly mediocre to straight bad since they aren't useful consistently on mini bosses and bosses. The only tool that was consistently good was the Shuriken, to prevent them recovering posture while you can heal. Firecrackers was solid too.

The combat arts though, bosses would just full block the whole thing. The only one I had success with was High Monk because it starts with a jump meaning you can just over humanoid bosses which end up being all the difficult encounters and hit them in the back and the attack string is long to build posture too.

The only downside to High Monk was the delay at the end before you jump kick finale. The delay gives the boss time to swing, so you often trade.

There are a shit ton of cliffhangers in regards to Emma. I bet we get a DLC related to her. Or the classic Miyazaki Painted world garbage we always get.

Honestly, not really. I can go back and enjoy every game in the series, they all are very similar. I'd just do release order for "plot" reasons though.

It's fun. I personally am using a trainer, 1 hit killing bosses is epic.

>It's so annoying have to press parry just a second too early.
This. After decades of games like DMC and Bayonetta training me to wait for the last possible second to block/dodge, sometimes even waiting for frame-perfect actions, having to throw them out long before the attacks connect is messing with my mind

Attached: 1553393438854.jpg (694x913, 86K)

Maybe I'm spoiled by MGR, but I swear there's a fucking delay between when I press block and when the parry window is. Seems that during the block animation it won't parry.

Firecracker is meh for beast types. On the other hand, the Spring then Lazulite axes are fantastic. They are amazing at capping off the final bit of posture damage to get an early execute because they give you poise.

>Perfectly time ichimonji or ichimonji double.
>Enemy takes 10% posture damage at most and can recover it by the time I can continue hitting him
>Death is 90% likely even using it

What the fuck are the point of these stupid skills?

Attached: 20190325143347_1.jpg (2560x1440, 312K)

If it's snake eyes bitch then use the umbrella. Deflect her attacks then use umbrella for her gunshots and counter attack with it.

Can you parry by spam blocking ? Are you on PC ?

just got past the flaming bull, it's a generic action game with some decent art direction, graphics are the same of a gen 7 remaster, the gameplay is basically "block and attack when you can, repeat until the enemy is dead", regular enemies are dumb and you can sneak-kill 90% of them.
I mean, it's ok if you pirate it and use cheats, it's fine to kill some time, nothing major for sure.

>attack some demon thing in cave
>it makes a noise turns the whole room into fuck you slow smoke
>wisps of smoke fly at me killing me
>the thing starts swinging
>deflect builds a bar called terror and it promptly finishes me off

Attached: 1537300196308.png (722x490, 547K)

if you get the rhythm right off the start, you can deplete ashina elites full hp bar by spamming the whirlwind without them getting a single attack off. same works for lady butterfly with nightjar slash, theres probably more of these too

Does the disclaimer NPC before the Buddhist temple show up again?

Never laughed my ass off more having an NPC read off a thinly veiled cautionary message to you.

>they're corrupt buddhists, it's fine!

What about it? Spoiler inc. Genichiro already has it, both Genichiro and Isshin uses it in the final fight

>just got past flaming bull
I love how you assume that you've seen all the game has to offer. That's literally the intro stuff buddy.

jesus christ is it hard for me. I did first 2 areas, memory one FUCKED me in the ass. Granny boss seems unbeatable, I did her phase 1 and thought it's over...
Seriously, does it go even harder later? I'm considering dropping the game. fucking DS were a breeze for me, multiple NG+'s and this is raping me all the time
I'm also considering watching guides for bosses, I just don't have patience to learn shit in 100 tries, got Dragon rot shit on 2 NPCs for now

I have been playing TW101, Bayonetta on PP and DMCV right before going into this, so I'm really attuned to dodge timings and sensitivities right now. I actually tested the parry to make sure it was instant to, it was, but there IS a delay after an animation unless your animation is interrupted by a deflect. It means if an enemy has poise and you are mid animation your better option is to dodge to the side.

firecrackers into double ichimonji is my go to, that said only firecrackers and shuriken are good. poison blade is pretty good when upgraded fully

On PC but using a wired PS4 controller.

No if it's who I think it is you meet her after finishing the area

game is long but 90% of the time you will be grinding bullshit boss and mini boss movesets.

Attached: 1313144444469.jpg (251x248, 12K)

Apply confetti, then run up and smack his nerd face in. It dispels the orbs and makes him unable to fight back until he finally blocks. If he teleports away run after him, deflect his Kamehameha, then repeat. You cannot fight the Seichesen passively unless you want to play Samurai bullet hell.

You will have absolutely no idea what’s going on story wise anyway. Skip 2. Play 1&3.

use confetti and terror resistance item

Your first few bosses are the hardest. Beat the horse guy and then try Lady Butterfly again.

Taleworlds

minibosses are a cool concept but i think that they are better off just calling them regular bosses because they are literally just as hard or harder than some of the main bosses early on.

I seriously think memory is not intended to be done immediately. If you finished the memory at the start, rest of the game will be much easier.

It just feels so weird after playing MGR and getting used to perfect parrying.

It's the voice of a character you meet at the end of that area. I did think it was literally supposed to be The Buddha speaking to me from a rug the first time I heard it, though, which was pretty funny.

The game is trash. The guy at top of tower is impossible. I parry and he still hitys me, shitty fucking input delay bugged game mechanics.

It's 2k19 and the game has no easy difficulty. Sad.

Fuck Dark Souls (which I'll never play) and fuck Sekiro. I regret buying it.

Attached: DudRe8cWkAE_wl6.jpg (680x384, 29K)

whistle is good for dogs and demon of hatred
umbrella is based as it's just a better parry so if you're shit at it then you can use that
axe gives you hyper armour if you have the hp to live through shit
combat arts, i agree are mostly shit except for extremely specific circumstances i.e ichimonji after a sweep attack or the dash

i will but i was honestly just impressed how it all looked

only granny left, the spear guy took 2h of my life, hell, maybe even 3 and he's the miniboss... but the feeling of beating shit is great, it's keeping me interested

It's okay if you look at it in a vacuum and just want a short Tenchu-like game with cool samurai shit.

If you klconsider how god tier souls and bloodborne were however this feels like it was made by the C team featuring the janitor of the building.
No soul no love no attention to detail in almost all ways. Decent gameplay but all other aspects fall short.

Attached: CrILrEh.jpg (1423x2136, 300K)

shut up, gay

it's intended to get the fire and axe upgrade then proceed to the main route first

Does PS4 version have a large input lag or something? I always see people complaining. Maybe you should just git gud.

Attached: a bong.png (643x427, 17K)

If you like challenging combat based games you might enjoy it.
Personally I absolutely love it and I can't get enough.

At the start of the game every time you die it feels like you're under leveled but it goes away after beating genchichiro. Explore more go to the temple get used to attacking enemies to force them into attacking you.

I am unironically saying this though, indeed it is the best soulsbornekiro. better than bloodborne.

this

Yeah that purple ghost effect is really cool. I love the screams that the big balls make, very spooky.

the black jar flip attack really good for the annoying bird ninjas cause they dash away constantly or anyone that likes to dash away after deflects

lady butterfly is by far the easiest main boss for me, this boss literally is just a tutorial on how you beat boss in the game. it teaches you that depleting health is not the way to beat the boss, so you need to posture-execute her, it teach you to exploit her weakness (shuriken her mid-air), and also teach you to using your items at certain phase

fuck it im tired of it being shilled on Yea Forums.

Attached: kotick.png (230x169, 75K)

I wonder if they added a secret zone like Archdragon peak that nobody has discovered yet.

Attached: 1526956262170.png (578x435, 433K)

>Does PS4 version have a large input lag or something
I'm on PC.

>Maybe you should just git gud.
Epic meme.

Attached: 1552633299889.jpg (539x558, 90K)

I don't think so, unless it's no counted in the "find all areas" achievement.

I seriously don't even understand that lvl/exp bar, the blue one. what's it for. like something with prayer beads shit? maybe It was my fault because I went to memory area before finishing the 1st area - I'm at that big snake

Great game. Hard as fuck. Took me 25 hours to beat. Butterfly, Genichiro and O'rin of the Water bodied me and took me 10+ tries each.

DLC?
>DLC
DLC pls

No.

I think I have really poor adaptability when it comes to muscle memory. About 6 hours into the game I still find myself pressing x to try and use consumables and dodging expecting that dodging will actually have the character avoid attacks, but it's not, its fucking useless. I don't own a PS4 so I never played BB but when I played DS3 I beat the final boss on my first try, the jump for the 3 souls games to this doesn't feel that great.

I'm not even sure how I feel about the game yet. The new mechanics are interesting but I'm not sure if my experience with the game yesterday was enjoyable.

Attached: 193465.jpg (225x350, 21K)

you'll find 2 other ninja dudes at the mid-late game

i have yet to find an enemy or boss where i can use the spear to rip off its armor. i tried on the armored knight boss for 30 minutes but that was obviously not working. what enemies are you supposed to use the spear on?

>people here saying it's 5 hours long
>believing Yea Forums

how new are you OP?

You get skills on the skill tree with the blue bar .You lose that XP when you die but you can't lose whole levels don't get to many combat arts some passives are really good. Saying the big snake doesn't really help me but when you get to the top of the main castle is when you should start exploring a lot.

The bell brute to the left of of the ashine castle idol.

Can't purchase the kunai or the spear upgrade, what am I missing?

Attached: 814380_screenshots_20190325164105_1.jpg (1920x1080, 513K)

I assume there is probably a place you can get more snap beans somewhere. I was trying to fight her for 2+ hours last night and the time I finally got to her second phase I used the one you get from inouske and got owned anyways.

A shuriken to the upper left is a prerequisite. See that black line?

Attached: P88uZE2.png (107x93, 18K)

If you're autistic and love to grind then this is the game for you.

look at the lines
you need all the prereqs, not just the one on the left

you need that shuriken upgrade, see the lines?

how much of the game is left after the big monkey boss?

if you run around the ghosts go away and turn into homing missiles after you dodge the missiles the illusions are gone

For some reason I thought it's needed only for sen throw, thanks, anons

>dodge the missiles
Just hide behind a pillar.

a lot more

At least one of the fat drunk mini bosses wears armor you can strip with the spear. The Red Guard guy. It is kind of strange that the one explicitly Armored enemy in the game isn't effected by it at all.

good, the thing I liked least about the Dark Souls games was the leveling up part, literally just a crutch

Attached: 1524370972878.jpg (3200x3200, 1.92M)

You are roughly about halfway through the game, depending on when you fought him. The game has 3 major acts and you are in the second one.

Dodge right
Strike once
Repeat

>Aggro the Drunkard from his group
>Kino boss fight in the pond, down to the last sliver of health
>Then take on his group afterwards and stumble upon an idol, all bloody and battered.
>Apparently there’s a samurai nearby who can help
>Satisfaction at 100%

Ichimonji is a great skill, I’m so glad I backed out after the Spear Hunter guy for a bit.

You’re gonna like this game then. No crutches. That’s why people are seething so much about it. The only way to level up here is by beating bosses. No summons.

snake eyes nº2?
if you haven't even seen snake eyes nº1, then you are best avoiding the area you are currently going to

you're mom is still very active, if you catch my drift

Mikiri his thrusts
Ichimonji and axe to stunlock him

shit

The black guy in reservoir disappeared for me. What's up with that?

He went to bull your gf while youre playing bibo bams

Any fun youtube playthroughs? i'm like 30 hours into the game and i feel like watching some other guys impressions of the game.

Attached: 1408658921537.jpg (720x720, 196K)

he goes to the dungeon

He goes deeper into the cave there's an idol to the right of the shishit warrior he should be there or at least further down that path

They really dropped the ball in terms of content and game lenght

Attached: souls_game_lenght.png (1414x990, 622K)

It's alright
The combat is satisfying but pretty repetitive
Some moments will make you want to kys but they are few and far between, most of the time there's a way to cheese an encounter

>there’s like 40 hours in ds1 in unfinished areas with copy pasted mobs breh, its best game evar
Why do brainlets not understand the concept of quality>quantity?

snake eyes nº2?
if you haven't even seen snake eyes nº1, then you are best avoiding the area you are currently going to

>Souls fanbase has never been bigger, mostly thanks to PC release
>Shelf Souls series and make Nippons Creed

There is like 30 solid hours of perfect gameplay in Bloodborne and its twice as long as Sekiro

are the parries in this game similar to metal gear rising? because I thought that game was quite easy, and the parries came naturally to me

>waaah why wont they rehash the same shit over and over again like nintendo and EA! from betrayed us!!
kill yourself

wouldnt call that accurate at all

>I hear people here saying it's 5 hours long, yet i hear elsewhere that it takes at least 30 hours?

you can probably speedrun it in 5 hrs if you know where to go and how to beat every boss but it took me 30 or so hrs to beat on my first playthrough

In fact Sekiro is 15 minutes long

Who is this spoopy dude in the caverns of the abandoned dungeon? Looking like he's casting a spell. I am scared to fight.

NG+2 here, It's a very good single-playthrough game, maybe one of From's best in that regard. 1st playthrough was 34 hours

Apart from combat just being tight and fun it has next to no replayability though, which is something people have come to rely on with From. Once the honeymoon period is over for others as well, I feel people will probably rank it as one of their lesser games.

Right about now, if it had maybe just 1 weapon of 5 types (katana, odachi, claws, spear, kama) etc, unlockable outfits and an actual skill tree that was unique and deep enough to change your playstyle; the replayability would've been boosted tenfold. It's kind of frustrating, because I feel it wouldn't have taken an enormous amount of effort to achieve.

Shakira is literally a rehashed souls, except a scrapped down version with no replayability, zero customizability and extremely little gameplay variability.

Bloodborne is how you use the Souls formula to create something new.

>15 minutes
Top jej, i finished it in 15 seconds

Miyazaki actually wants to do new things, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fromsoft never wants to work with Bamco again.

genichiro, owl and (last boss) are top fucking Kino and some of the best humanoid fights in gaming.

>if it had maybe just 1 weapon of 5 types (katana, odachi, claws, spear, kama) etc, unlockable outfits and an actual skill tree that was unique and deep enough to change your playstyle
So you just want Nioh?

well fuck that zipperhead nigga

>customizability
Fucking lobotomite

what the hell is an okami warrior woman

Attached: 1541044505778.jpg (374x347, 39K)

I havent played sekiro yet, but when I finished bloodborne and was blown away, I thought it's a 10/10 and theres no possible way that Dark Souls 3 will be up to par after this

Then I played Dark Souls 3 and thought the game is fucking amazing, easily a 10/10 and from are some sort of masterclass geniuses

sekiro looks good though

If you liked Soulsborne for the level design, world, challenge, etc then you'll like Sekiro.
If your favorite thing about Soulsborne was laggy PvP and dressing up your self-insert, you probably won't like Sekiro.

You'll know.

>15 seconds
>not 15 nanoseconds

One of the design principles of DS2 was maximizing build variety. Not only did they give you four different classes of spell but they split physical attributes so even melee builds would be varied. Having stamina, equip load and iframes be tied to different stats means that every time you level up you are making a trade off between them, in addition to making a trade off between physical defence in general, hp and attack power.

On paper it makes a lot of sense. In practice not so much: ADP exacerbates the hitbox problem (the fewer iframes the more precise hitboxes have to be) and it's essentially a newbie trap (the first time you play DS2 you don't know what the fuck ADP is and the game is much harder without it)

More open than bloodborne, less open than DeS, DaS and DaS2

I'm pretty sure it's the Snake Eyes ladies, they are weak to Sabimaru's poison.

>15 whole nanoseconds
Haha holy shit how many times did you fucking die scrub

there is no backtracking besides 1 short bit at the mid-end and 1 bit at literally the end

Well I didn't HATE it...

>I hear people here saying it's 5 hours long, yet i hear elsewhere that it takes at least 30 hours?
They're exaggerating. I hit the equivalent of Ornstein and Smough in terms of plot structure at about 18 hour.
A friend of mine beat the game in 25, which was about how long his first Dark Souls 3 run was. This was a guy who killed Nameless King on his first try blind, so he's pretty good at the games. If it took him 25 hours and he's rushing, I'd say 30 hours is a very conservative estimate for most. I'm looking at probably 40 hours minimum because I'm trying to explore everything instead of rush my first clear.
>But it has only 76 on PC metacritic.
It's at 91, bro - metacritic.com/game/pc/sekiro-shadows-die-twice
>Looks like Furi but without bullets.
Very valid comparison. There's a lot of upgrades and your stats improve over the course of the game unlike Furi, but the revive system, the opponent's health, and the parry system have serious similarities.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

Question about Dragonrot: it only infects people if you Die, but not if you Resurrect, right?

Yes

>this isn't a glaring problem they should've fleshed out ages ago given it was in previous games.
Lol wow fromsoftdrones are retarded.

Pfft. Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Sekiro. And you can suck my dick.

does this game have the same pull in terms of exploration, characters, atmosphere as BB and DS1/3?

It's a really good game, but you have to come to terms with the fact that it isn't a souls game. Most of the people complaining about it want to play dress up and have laggy pvp fights with people. Also they are just mad because they don't realize that the combat can't be played like dark souls and the can't summon to get through the tough bosses. If you enjoyed the process of getting good at souls and reading the lore and exploring, the game is worth buying.

Attached: sd6v54df65b4d6.png (1670x1008, 2.33M)

Git gud
The only delay is your shitty reaction time

Attached: 4D9E18C1-87D8-4492-98E2-198B17C75541.jpg (720x575, 28K)

definitely not accurate at all, most people are still playing, the slow fags haven`t finished the game to add to the site.
Sekiro is around the same length as Bloodborne

Yes

NPCS dont die they just get sick and its easy and cheap to cure them.

16 hours in and I just beat the third boss. given, I don't rush through everything but I'm not a completionist or even very good at the game

Depends on if you like samouraï stuff there's a lot less talking than in most souls games but the story is pretty simple and plainly explained instead of the usual item description story.

first run took me 22 hours, at least 1 hour was me dying over and over again to sword saint because he is a fucking nigger

I don't know user if I could FUCKING PLAY IT
because the game won't recognize my fucking scptoolkit DS3 controller. I'm fucking MAD

Attached: ok.png (3840x1100, 3.78M)

>DS2 is fine
>hit mimick in the back
>get teleported in front of it and instagibbed still today

k bro

Oh, good, my cheese strategy is sound, then.

Yeah, it's hard to compare the length of these games between players. There are usually optional bosses and hidden areas, some people explore and others just go straight ahead, some people get stuck on a boss while others are big dick one shotting everything. I think it is safe to say Sekiro is about as long as any soulsborne assuming you play it the same way you played the others.

I've just done it, it was the best boss battle I've ever done. Straight up incredible, it was 6 or 7 minutes of pure ecstasy.

If anyone is is struggling with him the only advice I can give is just perfect it phase by phase. On my attempt I beat him on I literally only use 2 health pots up until the last phase. Just make sure you can beat Genichiro without taking damage, then his 1st phase without damage and then the 2nd and 3rd phase are super similar just with some extra attacks you need to dodge.

Also be super aggressive, don't let up and don't let him regen posture, if you take damage don't worry about it, just keep fighting and don't let his posture regen.

To be fair after a few attempts at Genichiro you should be able to blitz through him super easily, it just becomes more of an annoyance if anything.

Why is this girl demanding so much of me?

> I hit the equivalent of Ornstein and Smough
Genichiro or Owl?

>rpg game
>WOOOOOW I CAN'T BE BEST AT EVERYTHING?

Definitely not right, because
Depending on which ending the game can be 10 hours or 30 hours

soul memory > weapon match making
prove me wrong you literally fucking can't

getting raped in the catacombs by 20 giant dads because you pick up the lighting spear in sen's fortress is the dumbest shit ever

holy shit, really? how does that work exactly. thats odd

you can finish this game without knowing that you only played half of it?

Guys I think I have autism or something. :(
Every night before I go to sleep I keep uninstalling Sekiro and then the next morning I wake up, I reinstall it again because I feel like continuing on with my game, I feel like giving up whenever I'm stuck or done with a certain boss or area only to wake up to wanting to continue the game and just finish it instead.

Attached: 1529533317888.gif (441x426, 238K)

The difference between easy ending and hard ending isn't that large. i'd say is more like 10h.
Of course, not counting all the optional shit (I don`t know if you can`t actually do most of the late game stuff on the easy ending)

>reddit, twitch, soundcloud
KYS NORMALFAG

but the hitboxes are fine?

Attached: hitbox.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Exploration I would say maybe. But characters and atmosphere HELL NO.

The remake changed the match making in DaS1?
Another reason to never buy it

The beginning of the game is terrible, but it gets a lot better once you get past Ashina castle

exploration is way better than any other from game

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.25 - 02.37.47.13.DVR.webm (954x536, 2.94M)

How the fuck did you do that?

Its been stated again and again that certain bosses have grab moves with massive tracking on them. The rest of the game is fine and super fluid, though this should've been fixed considering its been in every souls game.

Unironically this. I think these faggots just cant admit they are garbage at this game that require more precision, not just rolling and dodging with invincible frame. It's fun and fast paced, and needs more aggressive engagement into fights that is less formulaic and forgiving compared to soulsborne where you need just circling around a boss then stabbing it from back.

you can double jump on enemies heads

This. I still prefer das1, because I'm an exploration-fag, but Sekiro is the best in the "series" in almost every regard

>I dont think I'd want a bloodborne 2 anymore without jumping.
Another game of this type would feel like shit if it didn't have jumping, swimming(diving) and an equivalent to the grapple.

Genichiro. My buddy who beat it said he's about the equivalent in terms of structure.
>that spoiler
well then, this going to get interesting.

Yeah essentially, depends on if you've been following the story one route clearly outlines a longer path
My bad I did over-exaggerate it you're more right with 10+ hours.

Look at the fucking titles you utter retard. You think I should be coming to Yea Forums for controller advice? Look how many replies i've gotten so far. And soundcloud isn't normalfag at all, it isn't spotify.
dumbass

if you're not a shitter its an excellent game

if youre a shitter you'll die a lot and blame the game because you don't understand the mechanics

hope this helps

This sums it up. Sekiro is both okay yet still a soulless disappointment.

After finishing the game i've been lurking multiple threads and there's an obvious pattern to whether or not people like Sekiro or not.
Those that complain about shitty hitboxes, tracking and health sponges are failed dark souls cretin that didn't manage to adapt, and therefore spend all their time dodging around waiting for openings.
This is completely wrong. In Sekiro you're playing as the bully. You're the aggressor. Instead of being scared and waiting for openings, you gotta man up and be aggressive as fuck, continiously keeping up the pressure until the boss cracks and you're able to finish it. It's sad to see people complaining after being filtered out by chained ogre or hirata spear guy.
The feeling of bullying the boss after learning it's patterns, pressuring it into a corner and then cracking their posture is the greatest fucking rush.

Attached: DONALD2.jpg (640x577, 145K)

t. didnt get past chained ogre

bloodborne you also needed to be agressive

Exploration is meaningless in Sekiro. It may as well just be a straight to bosses with enemies in between but they opted to have this fuckhuge world with nothing interesting to pick up or gain from adventuring.

not as much

Is it bad I resurrected 20x at hirata estate forts playthrough?

>characters
very few souls characters are interesting or memorable, not sure what you mean by this

bloodborne is a bit better but still, the characters play a very minor role

Yes but it was still a game of dodge and wait for opening to be aggressive. This game doesn't give you the opening, you have to create it. Not that the combat is vastly more complicated than souls, it's just that it is a totally different combat loop.

>finish game
>think about the boss movesets
>realize 90% are stolen from Nioh

wew is this a love letter to the better game? Can't wait for Nioh 2 2bh.

Attached: 1526827216588.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

I loved meeting all those deranged weirdos in DS and BB, you didnt like the characters? the nps and bosses

COPE more dark casual 3 player

you really shouldn't tell lies user, you'll go to hell

you can explore to find consumables, hidden prosthetics, hidden skills, hidden currency, and beads and seeds to upgrade your stats.

literally youre just buttblasted because you cant find new armor and weapons.

>casual souls 3 (the worst one in the series, worse than 2) is still active =-)

Kill yourself casual dmc shitter

>Epic meme
More like epic truth. Jesus christ why fucking even play video games if you dont enjoy learned them? This game was "hard" for about the first 4 hours until you learn the mechanics and unlock more skills/gourds. unironically, git gud

Attached: f13d26daad27a2b8737e4b8634254193fd2e773e.png (600x600, 38K)

Firebomb tier consumables aren’t interesting. Prosthetics are boring and are the equivalent of Bloodborne sidearms. Neither change how one dimensional the game is. Skills in this game are the equivalent of weapon arts in Dark Souls 3, which no one used beyond initial interest in a shallow mechanic. The pouches of money you find are just used to buy more boring consumables you’ll probably never use anyway. And yes, I am mad there aren’t any actually rewarding reasons to explore these unnecessarily huge areas.

Works for me

Sounds like you're moving goalposts

spent three hours beating the demon boss to just find out he's optional yikes

retard, you can unlock entire skill trees full of passive skills that are incredibly useful. you obviously didn't play the game. kys faggot.

What? His first form was a cakewalk. The second form was the drag.

Honestly, this

But then when you actually play the game you know it doesn't really change much. It only protects players at the start of the game that haven't upgraded their weapons/gotten any good weapons. The weapon matchmaking basically changes nothing in reality

Dark Souls 2 will always be worse with soul memory and no red eye orb.

This game has buttery hitboxes. Shut the fuck up

soul memory is just psychological just like dragonrot

>tfw locked doors everywhere I go

Attached: 1552496293740.jpg (407x439, 22K)

>moving goalposts
Do you trade other games in when you die too? Mega man games....get bodied by the boss; turn game in? Or learn than pattern, or what weapon ruins said boss? The person I replied to said they wouldnt even touch souls games so literally why the fuck would you buy Sekiro? This is an actual Miyazaki game so you know what to expect; pussies/ shitters, need not apply

Attached: 1364792238615.jpg (1000x900, 172K)

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

It really fucked with early-mid game online stuff. Though the biggest fuck up was no red eye orb and having to get invasion items from the arena. The arena had free matchmaking until they changed it way later. Now it will matchmake for SL for a minute or something and then it will go back to SM matchmaking. Overall, the worst system ever for invasions.

Passive skills aren’t interesting and the trees themselves barely require any exploration. Maybe you’d have a point if instead of the multitude of secret areas with fistfuls of ash or snap seeds were replaced with entire trees of VERY rewarding passive abilities.

>Firebomb tier consumables aren’t interesting.
Hasnt played the game or hasnt played past first boss at best
>Prosthetics are boring and are the equivalent of Bloodborne sidearms.
Prosthetics are like gaining a new weapon in mega man, some of the enemies get completely trivial skillwise with certain prosthetic
>Skills in this game are the equivalent of weapon arts in Dark Souls 3
Admittedly, I havent used the active skills too much, but thats because i only bought the first one rn, but passive skills are hugely helpful. Mikiri counter makes the game so much fucking easier since you can bait the thrust
>The pouches of money you find are just used to buy more boring consumables
Did you not get past the first merchant? You can buy droplets, tools, and of course various gourds and other upgrades
>aren’t any actually rewarding reasons to explore these unnecessarily huge areas.
Learning the area might be necessary dingus

I vastly prefer soulsbourne for the rpg elements. My least favorite things about these games is difficulty honestly. I don't understand why they couldn't make dark souls man do cool seriko movement things and just call it dark souls 4.

>REEE CASUAL SHITTER REEEE
Just my opinion.

I feel the opposite. I mean I love those things about souls, but I like this idea of a split to have another game/series that focuses on just difficulty with less rpg. If you get stuck in souls games you can summon, cheese, and or overlevel so I appreciate that this game has almost none of that for a change

HelloI I am a faggot and garbage at this game but I'm just here to say that it's unironically my GOTY

I find it beautiful but a bit harsh. It made me want to buy it to support the devs but I don't have a job at the moment so I'll keep playing the pirated version.

Godly core mechanics but everything surrounding them is trash.
Enemy placement forces you to stealth kill each dude, run away and come back, if you want to challenge the midboss within an area because From still hasn't learned that nobody liked the enemy spam garbage starting with DS2
The camera is an even bigger piece of shit than ever before. In enclosed spaces it goes fucking nuts and for some fucking reason the game sometimes randomly disengages your lockon for example sometimes when dealing a deathblow to an enemy with multiple points
The arm is a fucking disappointment. Instead of featuring multifunctional tools that you can use in many different ways, instead each tool has a single super specific useage and outside of that, is absolutely fucking worthless
Really it's a fucking shame because the core mechanics are fucking fantastic and it really shows when fighting the good bosses in this game.
Also the game is decently challenging

it will take a while before we have a consensous here.

i think it does some things worse than dark souls and BB but other things way better. i found it relatively frustrating at times but after i got DS out of my system it was way more enjoyable figuring the patterns of the bossfights out.

>forces you to stealth one then run away
Nobody should bother reading past this. Your first line made it really apparent you're really really bad at video games.

Attached: 1553180009404.jpg (1202x900, 125K)

Are you seriously telling me that you're not supposed to slowly kill each enemy one by one before facing fat drunkard ?

I’ve played up to the Demon Bell. Of the bosses that give you memories I’ve killed Butterfly, Oniwa, Genichiro, and Corrupted Monk. Any tools you get don’t get used beyond their one gimmick enemy, so they’re useless beyond that. I also wouldn’t classify the droplets or gourd upgrades as not boring. Something fun to dick around with would be spells, weapons, armor, or rings. Like FROM’s previous Soulslike titles. I haven’t come across an area where learning it was necessary.

I really don’t think the lack of customization lends itself well to a world with so much to explore. 20 hours in, I’m playing the game with the same base moveset I was in the first hour. The combat isn’t nuanced enough for it to remain interesting to me, and there isn’t enough meaningful side content to keep me engaged either.

Just stealth kill one and since the fat guy can't really run ,run circles around him killing the other dudes then you can tag team stunlock him.

>still no sub 1 hour no hit run

i thought souls players are good?

Attached: 52.png (500x322, 42K)

Just talk to the guy just before the fight and he will distract fatass long enough for you to nuke the trash mobs. If you can't even do it then you need to find a new hobby

>run circles around him killing the other dudes
see ? This is the fucking shit I'm talking about. Pointless fucking tedium that doesn't add anything

Not him, but I was able to lure the drunkard out by sneaking through the left house, killing the two mobs there and sneaking up to the rock just outside it. For some reason, only his aggro bar fills up.

>pay

Attached: 1549539961859.jpg (900x675, 158K)

My reflexes are too shit for the bosses in this game.

Use confetti, the power up candy, when he do is attack, put behind him and smash attack buttom, rinse and repeat

18 hours in, 2 bosses killed, 13 minibosses currency got(can buy 14th), 7 estus level.
It's fun.
Have no real problem with bosses since i overleveled myself since i tried to not die. 3 lethal deaths yet, and all recent.

This is a joke post right? I ran in with the samurai guy playing Shrioyama in the background. On the third try we killed all of the minis and the boss. If you're not playing the game like this you're literally playing it wrong and judging it based on your autism. It's very clear you're supposed to enjoy a fight with the samurai guy.

HOW TO CHEESE ISSHIN
AAAAAAAAAAAAH

That’s why they put in the stealth mechanic, right? So you run in there like a retard and call other people “wrong” for using it?

Stealthkill one mob, use your shuriken to kill range one, use your axe to kill shield one.
Boss is not that fast, so you can do it alone.
When you will kill all your enemies, ask old man to help you.
Enjoy 2v1 boss like you used in dark souls.

What is your favourite ending Yea Forums?
I get shura first, was ok, then I get dragon tears (the normal one) and was kino, that ending. Blossom and frozen are ok

In all honesty, the game is great. It plays well, it actually has a decent story and it’s really fun to play in general.

This. I made an early mistakes by play it like dark souls just wait for opening and punish then I got to lady butterfly then I knew I been playing it wrong, Keep enemy on the edge while keeping your balance is insanely fun. Fuck the last boss though.

How does the Dragon Mask work? How many skill points do I need to buy more Attack Power? And is it even worth it, or should I just keep picking up skills? At this point it's gonna cost like 8.5k+ to get more skill points.

>frustrated as fuck because stuck on owl yesterday
>come home from werk
>offhand beat him on second try today
is there a name for this phenomenon? getting untilted?

Attached: 1507417264001.png (524x578, 327K)

>i'm going to complain about needing to use this mechanic
>but user you don't need to play the game like a retard
>did you just say I don't need to play like a retard why would they let me play like a retard if i didn't have too huh huh huh?
Holy shit and I thought you were stupid before wowzers buddy you're really going for the high score here aren't you?

>If you're not playing the game like this you're literally playing it wrong
Then why did they give another path to the drunkard? I didn't even know the Ashina guy was there until after I killed them all, and I thought he was a joke character because he just runs up after everyone is dead and draws his sword. I didn't find out he could join you in the fight until after I saw people posting about it because I didn't even know he was there.

Which one? Assuming you mean Saint, only the second phase is an issue. The first phase is just a pretty generic fight, and he kills himself in the third phase. If you're having trouble, just play it safe during the second phase and let him hang himself during the third.

I guess you don't play musical instrument. This happens on regular basis.

Taking a break

>if you haven't even seen snake eyes nº1, then you are best avoiding the area you are currently going to
whaat does any of that mean? and yes the poison one is the first i've encountered

>it's more fun to stealth kill one then run away come back stealth kill another repeat
You need to read up to the original post if you want to understand the conversation. The original autist was complaining he was forced to use stealth in and out to fight them. You still missed out not fighting with the samurai though.

spent like 4 hours dying early game then somehow breezed through the entire game.

I wanna know who dogen is. How does this motherfucker know everything

It's a 7 hour long game with a 15 hour learning curve. So the length is artificial. You spend all your time learning boss battle patterns instead of enjoying actual content.

From Software fanboys will swear up and down that it's the greatest evar, Truth be told it feels like an unfinished concept they ran with.

Can someone tell me how to use Ichimonji? The game says lb+rb but that doesnt work. And yes I acquired the skill

>fighting bosses doesn't count as actual content
>learning how to play a game doesn't count
What's it called when somebody has an autistic obsession with vidya game companies? Are you just upset your numbers can't go to 99 to make things easier?

The game is 16-20 if you know how to play it and don't think if it as dark souls. If you keep using that mentality then it'll take up to 30+ with how much shit you're gone eat

Equip it.

Block and then press r1

>20 hours
>no replayablitiy

Went wrong bros two weeks and nobody will talk about Sekiro.

Attached: 1536564045958.jpg (400x400, 42K)

soul memory punishes bad players for constantly losing their souls and not leveling up
if your argument is "muh pvp" there's nothing to discuss and you are a faggot

Yeah that is the drawback. I wish they gave it more variety or interest to do NG+. Maybe they'll add more stuff for it

>Lone Shadow
>apparently the name of a Group of ninjas
Good Job, Miazaki-san.

it's not that it's stolen, it's that samurai will only move a certain way and you cannot telegraph their moves if you don't slow them down

when ghost of sushima will come out you will notice the same

>tfw even the lore is boring and not interesting as Souls or Bloodborne
>From ever adding anything to NG+
yea nah.

Did anybody?

1. People are still memeing RE2 and it's literally 5 hours long.
2. Do not respond to frogposters.

Its not as good as DeS=DaS=BB, somewhere on the level of DaSIII, maybe a bit better, have to play some more to decide finally.

Blows DaSII out of the water of course.

>having to think a second ahead is too hard
okay

Sekiro is a cool game, but aesthetically its very poor, this BB screenshot is magestic.

YOU NEED TO EQUIP SKILLS TO USE THEM? I just beat genichiro and I didnt know that.

but DaS2 is the best user.

Just the red ones.
Have you not been doing the whirlwind move?

Can anyone help with this- I started NG+ but I was still able to use my tools and the way you normally escape the well was blocked off, so I went out the back way (Towards Mibu Village) I killed the corrupted Monk and then worked my way back to the starting area. I spoke to Shota Lord in his room and he keeps telling me to blow the reed whistle at the secret door. No matter what I do I can't find the whistle in my inventory and there's no button prompt by the door.

Has my game just glitched to fuck or something?

Try not mashing dodge in circles around the enemy trying to grab you, and just backing off completely. You could even add in returning with a charged dodge slash if you want.

>YOU NEED TO EQUIP SKILLS TO USE THEM
Read, nigga. Tutorial told you this.

1 is hella primitive. very easy.

Hey man, if you like DaSII, good for you mate, me personally I don't

Your brain learns the patterns it's too tired to actually pull it off. Once you come back refreshed it's much easier

It's a from soft game, did you really expect anything except R1 spam to be useful?

wait what the fuck, why are all the ashina outskirts levels covered in snow now?

nigga RE2 is shorter and NG+ adds nothing

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHA YOU SUCK AHAHAHHAHA

Oh you're not going to finish it on 5 hours, or 20 on your first playthrough, my boy.

Do any of you even use any other quick items aside from the healing ones?
I swear I never once in my life used anything else in DS games aside from heal items.

Attached: 1545409910673.jpg (625x415, 40K)

weak bait lol, game is easily GOTY

confitte is op

>blighttown 2.0
>one section that lasts 30 seconds
ok.

He loves those games as much as he bitched about them back in the day?

>yashakiri+confetti+pacifying for ez UNGA BUNGA apparitions
>ungo candies for tough bosses i learned the pattern on and want to outparry

Game is boring, repetitive dogshit. Typical FROM crap. Enemies snapping into position to land attacks, downright abysmal hitboxes also.

the game is ok, but i was kind of troubled by how in the fight with the big monkey you can see a bunch of watermelons in its body once you cut off the head. i don't think it's politically correct, but otherwise great game

do you ever gt an ability to break guards? some faggot enemies just block no matter what and sword attacks wont break their guard

Do the headless give prayer beads?

Get vitality damage on them with your charged stab to prevent them from regenerating poise.

>strike once
Why? Nearly every boss in the game can take 2 to 3 hits without being able to hit you back. I believe you can hit her 2 times then get ready to parry the kick.

Speaking of the Guardian Ape
Isn't he the "rogue shinobi without master" Sculptor grew up with?
He speaks of training in the mountains to the point their movements were like a monkey's, and he remarks his friend always plays a "whistling sound" from his finger and he likes the sound
Only when you gave him a Monkey Booze though.
Later when you forge Kingfisher's finger (?) he says "kid, you're gonna love that tune"

Attached: 1506637293634.png (700x789, 674K)

STOP PLAYING DEFENSIVE
WACK THAT SWORD AT EVERYTHING

Depends on what you did beforehand. Ape was my last main boss before the spoiler fight at the castle.

RE2 fans have very very low standard RE2 is the second coming for christ for them.

why dont they just make a tenchu game if they're making a fake tenchu game i dont get it

Attached: 1552330949352.png (1600x1000, 1.12M)

No?

If you don't prescribe to the game's strict gameplay expectations, it sucks.
Single player in Souls games was the best shit because if something kicked your ass you could go to other areas, get new weapons, armor or spells, adjust your build and try a different approach. I never really used magic but I appreciated that if people wanted to be an exploding knees pew pew man, they could make an entire build around doing that.
If you like Souls, but you don't like twitch reaction-based action games then this game fucking sucks dick. If you don't appreciate the combat then the game is fucking devoid of content because there is nothing to fall back on.

I can deal with the combat but i'm already getting very bored of it. Just because it's demanding doesn't make it interesting, in fact quite the opposite.

yes, the game runs at 900p@30fps on my gtx950, i5-6300 toaster on medium-high settings. I'm sure you can aim for 1080p 40-50fps with that.

wtf the owl dude is so aggressive, it like watching a anime

Attached: 1549978852785.jpg (850x850, 111K)

no I'm guessing the rogue shinobi was eaten by the ape or simply lost his prothetic

im kinda getting sick of fighting boss level enemies so frequently

HAHAHAHAHAHA this board is so shit nowadays

most like that the rougue shinobi was the one that stabed the neck of the giant ape.

I turned on a trainer for invincibility and went through it casually as fuck exploring evrything and it took 8 hours

this game is seriously not made for fighting more than one enemy at a time. it's not very fun being forced to kill an enemy, run away until they deaggro, then kill another until you can one on one the named enemies

Today I will remind them.

Attached: skilled game.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

BB world is the best

holy shit this must be bait

Currently about 10 hours in and I’m LOVING it. As a veteran of the Soulsborne games I expected to get through this game pretty easily. Nope. This game made me undo everything I learned from those games and made me adapt to all the new mechanics of this one. It makes me feel like I’m playing Demon’s Souls again for the first time. I’ve died SO much but it rarely feels unfair, and I feel like I’m getting better and better as the game goes on.

youll just bee attacked from behind if you engage more than one guy at a time because the dodge distance is so tiny. then if you take damage from a small fry you might as well go back to the heal point and respawn all the enemies. i liked how in bloodborne you were rewarded for continuously attacking by regaining health, this game is so much harder.

what's broken with that, the hand clearly clipped the character and hit him, just because the animation changed to the grab from the position of the character means nothing.
Don't dodge at the last second it has no iframes unlike the prosthetic mist raven thingy, though that's the whole point of it
Get good at baiting

I don't like how the player deals insanely little damage but basically every enemy will 3 shot you and they're in massive groups of like 6 dudes who just gang up on you, bosses will one shot you, and you only have a couple healing items that don't even heal half your hp.
The skill tree is also really stupid. I hate when games gimp your move set just for there to be a sense of progress like Yakuza.
Also, the best way to deal with all encounters is to run around non stop and slowly peck at them instead of parrying, because of missed parry means you're fucking dead.
Dropped it after I got the the part with the giant snake, stabbed its eye then got one shot because I guess that place is a dead end and you have to go back the way you came. Its just not fun. I think it might be one of those games that becomes fun on NG+ but being gimped sucks ass.
Hes right though. What? Are you supposed to parry a mass zerg of dudes who all attack at once, couple dealing fire damage and theres always one cunt using an unblockable move while two in the back are shooting you? The best scenario is just using stealth to take out one, but that doesn't really change much.

>best way
>it's another guy playing a game that isn't souls like souls
remain a bitchboy and eternally wonder why the game isn't fun for you

>missed parry means you're fucking dead.
Normal mobs don't hit that hard, you can tank quite a few hits. There are a few hard encounters (like the reservoir in Ashina Castle), but you can avoid those entirely.

In my local translation it is said that the hand is a slender hand of a woman so I thought is it is his training partner he mentioned.

It's like a 7 or an 8 but it's hard because enemies have Dark Souls 2 tracking so idiots think it's great.

>missed parry means you're fucking dead.
this only happens if your posture breaks mid enemy combo and he hits you while youre stunned. learn to dash back and block to regain your posture. dont go blocking a fuckhuge combo when youre glowing red posture bar unless youre 100% sure you can parry every strike.

This.

>missing a parry
just mash L1 bro

DS1 > BB = DeS > Seikiro > DS3 > DS2

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.26_[2019.01.16_01.11.12] ( (1280x720, 111K)

wtf is the different between block and parry

doesnt blocking drain posture...

can say the same about dark souls

if you hold block while nothing is being blocked you regain posture. ie enemy is gonna do a close range swing just dash back and hold block. he will do his combo while you stand in block stance just watching him and your posture meter pretty much resets in maybe 2-3 seconds.

Posture regains quicker while you're blocking.

Kino taste.
But the honeymoon is making me feel like Sekiro is better than bb and des. Hopefully i'm not wrong

by parry I mean deflect of course. sorry for using shit terms.

why do they never tell you this, this is the opposite to how blocking works in every other games hes made (where stamina refills more slowly when blocking).

I think its mentioned in the tutorials. besides it should be obvious that being in the robust block stance makes you "regain balance", which is what posture pretty much is.
>(where stamina refills more slowly when blocking)
see it's another episode of souls false friends. play the game as an individual title.

You can literally tap L1 and land 90% of your parries
Sekiro is casual trash. Just finished it pretty much 100% in 17 hours.

they explicitly tell you this a few times. try reading

>smack his nerd face in
but user...HE HAS NO FACE

Attached: 1508183262274.jpg (281x281, 22K)

yo whats the purpose of shuriken if enemies all just block them. like why is this in the game lmao

>grab prompt shows up
>dodge backwards multiple times
>get vortex'd into grab anyway

Attached: 1330710817831.gif (213x201, 429K)

Try the spinning or gouging shurikens they're a lot better

It's alright, but you can run away from most enemies and they can't follow you up a ledge.
Also if you die you get one re-do each time.

theyre for the dogs

This game is too EZ.
It can't be better than Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

They talked about that and said Tenchu is so old and the ip is so muddled it wouldn't be the same, so they made it a new ip instead.

distance closer helps MASSIVE against humanoids

I hope sekiro's success will show that there is a market for stealth ninja games and it will spawn a new tenchu.

>use 5 skill points for an attack power up
I wish I knew the math on attack power to see if this is making a difference against end-game enemies.

I have a feeling 1 attack power is literally 1+ damage. I didnt feel much of a difference with the power gain when I was stuck on 1 boss, did 2 memories and went back with +2 power.

wow this snake section is so fun i love not knowing where to go and dying over and over trying to figure it out *immediately looks up guide for dumb gay gimmick area*

>i love not knowing where to go
is this a joke

i tried 3 paths after the part where you walk shimmy under it, none worked. have to look up a guide.

>But it has only 76 on PC metacritic.
holy shit its real
and every single negative review is a mad roll souls faggot

crowd control fuckers, have either of you ever played a game?

is this the 1st or second snake encounter? the 1st one literally has only one way and the 2nd one is literally just a panicky type escape situation. literally just swim up to the right

here's a drinking game: scan through the user reviews and take a shot every time you see "souls" or "BB"

crowd control what exactly, there's no stuns or items that take people out of the fight

>All that obtrusive UI

Attached: shmmp.jpg (722x713, 82K)