I feel cheated

I feel cheated

Attached: 20190325_001634.png (750x1000, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t3.com/news/this-new-nintendo-switch-is-a-stunning-4k-powerhouse
nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/monolith_soft_director_would_love_xenoblade_chronicles_x_on_switch_money_stands_in_the_way
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>being an early adopter
You deserve it

Oh boy, finally i can buy a switch.

cheaper meaning also more portable as to replace the 3DS i would deduce

Attached: 1162366708.jpg (640x360, 29K)

And in 2 or 3 years they will release another Switch model, you know why? Because it worked with the DS and the 3DS with retards buying every new version which gives them a green light to keep using this scheme

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

how many good games will release for switch2?
Theres no sense in waiting, especially since ninten games don't drop in price

Maybe they'll give us some free old games as an apology like they did with the 3DS.

I don't lol

Attached: 2ss2.jpg (480x360, 31K)

The Game Boy Advance, DS, and 3DS all had hardware revisions which came out within 2 years of the original's launch.

>"You would be wrong to think the enhanced version is similar to what Sony did with PS4 Pro and the other is just a cheap alternative that looks very similar to some past hand-held machines, say, Sony’s PlayStation Vita"

So then what will they be?

Any expectations on what the pro gamer edition will have?

You knew what you were buying. Bargain bin NVidia chipsets with trash performance that would both be outdated as soon as it launched and easily cracked. An updated model was only a matter of time given how well the pro model worked for Sony.

My early niggadopter. I got so much mileage out of those games, I had no idea how much I was going to enjoy Sacred Stones.

Please user, stop blowing my mind

Please Nintendo, justify my having held off all this time.

Maybe enhanced screen/internal memory or battery?

Wait. The wsj said its going to launch in the summer, this year 2019? We have no words on it and its 5 months till the end of summer. Cutting it close there for two revisions

You say that like they need your explicit permission before they're allowed to go ahead and release it.

Probably built-in streaming and a day one Twitch app with Fortnite pre-installed. Also purple joycons.

Nice. Just in time for the Rune Factory 4 Special.

It would be the same games with different graphics settings, so the same as if there weren't multiple models.

Remember the "new" 3DS

They would need to announce it soon, especially for retailers to prepare advertising. That shit doesn't happen overnight or even over a single week.

happening

Attached: switch 256gb emmc.jpg (1280x960, 119K)

you're joking right? you don't actually expect this right?

Yes, Nintendo routinely produces updated versions of their devices. And?

>Hardcore model
>Cheaper model for families
It's the best of both worlds. Now all of the hardcore Switchfags can finally shut the fuck up about the new Switch model being for poorfags.

Good, I have a defective switch that cooks itself to death in docked mode. Works fine in portable though. I’ll be able to dump it off on unsuspecting GameStop. Then I can upgrade to the beefier model. Hopefully that one won’t be defective too. This time I’m getting the insurance plan.

Clean your fucking screen.

Not mine, but the general public for pre orders and marketing. and its surprising no major retailer know or leaked this besides WSJ "sources".

Of course I don't fucking expect it. The post I answered said "pro gamer" version for Christ's sake.

>My latest on new Nintendo Switch coming as early as this summer. There would be two models, and people who've seen them said designs of new devices are "different from the original and you'd be surprised."
>the designs are different

>get the version with free games
I'm ok with this

Attached: soylent switch.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

fake news. You can't make the designs different because they must share the joycons.

>Make a "hardcore gayman" console for the sois
>Don't revise the joycons at all, still flimsy little shits with defective joysticks
It will be a good time.

Attached: 1552953535691.png (781x818, 114K)

Is this information hold some ground at being legit or they just spouting bullshit about a new model that is gonna release soon for the billionth time? We been hearing this shit for over a year now and nothing has come from it. Not saying Nintendo possibly has another model of some sort planned or whatever, but so far these people sound like they just been spewing desperate crap ripped from their own absurd mental wishlist.

Attached: 1552557625153.png (372x334, 217K)

>literally every single nintendo handheld has had some kind of upgrade
>people are surprised their new handheld will also get an upgrade

I just want them to reveal these pieces of shit soon, hopefully none of them include a dock or the shitty joy-con grip.

>Fake News gets rekt over the Mueller investigation.
>Sulks and spreads rumors about a new Switch revision to calm the sois.
wew.

Attached: switch pro switch mini.png (1019x457, 289K)

You don't ever need to use the dock. Ever. Hell, I'm sure you could buy a Switch with no dock on eBay. What's the problem?

>using inferior trannyshit instead of glorious chink SX master race

>switch pro
Yeah thats how i know this report is garbage

there's an official dockless version in japan

Great to see console manufacturers adopting the gimped cheaper SKU no one wants model yet again

If I already own a switch and want to buy a newer model, there should be one that just includes the console and maybe the joy-con.

Okay but how the fuck do they still not have Netflix. What a joke.

Take guesses on "enhanced" features

-built in streaming app(already posted by anons above)
-slightly faster processing to ensure 60fps in most games
-ethernet added to dock
-higher quality screen
-discord app
-support for stadia
-better cooling
-more screen space, smaller bezel
-front and back camera added with support for augmented reality
-higher quality joycons
-improved dock features
-ability to cast to a smart TV or smart device running nintendo app
-now supports 3DS ports(cast can use TV as top screen, switch tablet as bottom screen)

Attached: 1325323159759.jpg (197x200, 6K)

To this day I'm still playing on my original 3DS with the tiny ass screen

How do I know this is bullshit?
They claim Nintendo's getting rid of the HD rumble. Not happening

PPPPPPFFFTT
nigga it's been 2 years
The 3DS got fucked after less than 6 months

>mini can still dock

Attached: 1509226921848.jpg (708x708, 80K)

This is a non-stop dance twitter insiders do for their followers. It doesn't matter if you look foolish at the end because at least people are looking.

>They claim Nintendo's getting rid of the HD rumble.
They can't do that. It makes a few of Super Mario Party's mini games unplayable and makes Senran Kagura Reflexions unplayable.

>Two SKUS.

Oh fuck. are we getting a switch mini and a Switch power ?

Attached: e76.jpg (287x250, 12K)

>higher quality screen
720p is fine user. What they should do is make the games not look like shit in handheld mode like xenoblade 2 does in the current switch.
>better cooling
This should be a priority.

>makes Senran Kagura Reflexions unplayable.
Good
Newfags dont deserve love

Increased memory wouldn't be hard, its literally replace production with a bigger eMMC or a SSD with a built in controller, or just the next Tegra.

Honestly i just want a small 480p Switch or a dock only version.

oh no I can't play some shitty shovelware.
fuck that shit, give me a proper fucking dpad

It's for kids, they don't care about build quality and performance, just price. That's who the 2DS was for and a cheaper Switch would be for.

I remember I bought the 3DS for like 300 euro at launch 8 years ago today over here and threw away the receipt, meaning I couldn't prove to Nintendo that I was an early adopter.

Attached: Im_angry._ANGRY_ABOUT_SCOUTS..jpg (326x320, 24K)

Aim lower, we all Nintendo is far lazier than that.
>4K
Maybe on the next console in 2026

holy shit that guy you responded to is retarded

>buying consoles at launch
>buying consoles period
If you're going to do such a dumb thing at least protect yourself by waiting two or three years for the pro/elite version of the same console to be released
You wouldn't be in this situation if you joined team PC

Native 4k isn't happening this gen, although upscaling is well within reason if they are using the X2.

gee what a bait and switch

Attached: 096FF699-4B6E-4BF5-B649-C326CD83D8CB.jpg (900x1125, 182K)

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't just release a full home console with powerful specs. They have the exclusives to bring people to their platform and people wouldn't need to buy anything else for third-party games since their Nintendo console could also handle them. Fucking idiots.
I moved over to PC after realizing this and the only times I play Nintendo games is when I can emulate them.

Finally time for me to sell my hackable switch and buy an upgraded one.

>fastest selling console
>idiots

They all about gimmicks and do not believe in powerful hardware anymore.

>Honestly i just want a small 480p Switch or a dock only version.
Thats probably what they are

Because then consumers would expect them to make full use of the hardware's graphical capabilities, increasing budgets massively. Nintendo is quite happy making games for cheap and selling more than everyone else.

Sorry, I meant "avid" gamer.

>Wanting to rip the horn off of the unicorn
Bad user. Bad.

Yeah, woah, look how fucked early adopters got, playing all games two and a half years early, wow!

I needed smash bros

they've been saying this shit since september/november

its just a clickbait article

It's as if... as if they tried to do that several times in a row and almost went bankrupt over it before settling fortheir niche and shitting all over their competition in revenues and consumer satisfaction.

The Switch is more than 2 years old, why would anyone be angry at this?

Is anybody else buying a Nintendo switch just for bayonetta 3 and Luigi's Mansion 3?

>They actually think they're going to make another New 3DS failure when it didnt even work the first time

Besides that Xenoblade Chronicles port what else was New 3DS exclusive? I think it was just the Hyrule Warriors port and even then it wasn't, it was just "enhanced".

The left one, with a normally clocked X2, and such a big screen, would be the Switch all Nintendo haters think it is - it'd be overheating to hell, warping the plastic, and on top of it all - the battery life would be 2 hours tops. You people are actual idiots if you think such technology exists to create a Switch console that's the same size as the current one, but with a bigger screen, better capabilities, but somehow not a bigger battery and heating problems.

Learn what the meaning of clickbait is, retard.

>Nintendo has always released a superior model of their handheld a few years after the original dating back to their VERY FIRST handheld
>Sony and Microsoft regularly release superior models of their consoles years afte rthe original

>WHAT THE FUCK BROS THEY CHEATED ME OUT OF MY MONEY WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING

Attached: 1480201225366.png (595x594, 852K)

you mad nigger?

>cheaper version
It's probably wishful thinking to hope it's a screenless, dock-only version, isn't it?

Funny enough, no one was bitching about this way back when we got GB Pocket. People were happy tech was being updated, and literally no one wad mad that, for example, Pkmn Crystal was GB Color only. People just like to bitch, and being on Yea Forums, you start thinking this is normal.

>4K in dock
>1080 portable
I hope this is true, even if it doesn't just run at a crisp 8 fps, the articles about people burning their laps and melting switches would totally be worth it.

My screen is slightly popped on 1 side which doesnt bother me but if this confirmed i would trade for a robustier switch

It's not okay when Nintendo does it.
Protip: the ones spamming these threads aren't Nintendo fans or Switch owners. They just want to talk shit about Nintendo.

>been holding out on buying a Switch until a Pokemon Release date happens
>Have been considering saying fuck it and just go buy a switch to get it out of the way
>mfw this thread
I'll wait. Thanks Nintendo.

>dock only version
This is what I want too. I will never use its portability, so I don't want to pay for the screen and for the built in battery which inevitably degrades even if you just use it docked. Just give me a "Switch" version which is not portable and is either cheaper (fewer components) or faster (better cooling and no power restriction) and I'll buy one.

I've been on the fence for a while regarding buying a Switch, but portability for me is basically an anti-feature that I don't want to pay for.

Pokémon Crystal is the worst-selling core Pokémon game ever, but yeah.

If you have been paying attention to the new tech trend grandpa the hip thing to do is to announce and then release soon after.

So this leak still holding up?

Reddit was right about everything

Attached: Switch_pro_leak.png (530x117, 44K)

I'm all for a cheaper more portable switch. It would sell more copies of the new pokemon.

>a nobody quotes rumors and noo/v/ start to act like it's real for the sake of shaking their undernourished fists at shoulder level

Attached: just because mods filter the word doesnt mean its not true.gif (413x243, 51K)

Don't you have to pay to use SX?

Actually, the worst selling one is Emerald.

When they did no one bought them so they stopped and never looked back, at the current gaming climate I think it could work though.

My negro

Attached: b3b1e01706e409759d405f52a5457c29b843957av2_hq.jpg (339x434, 13K)

Xbox Scarlett Anaconda and Nintendo Switch Lite next year for Halo 5, Infinite, and Metroid 5. HELL YEAH! This family of devices thing both Nintendo and Microsoft are doing is great.

Mochi has been wrong in the past so this could be all bullshit btw.

Attached: 1542363502253.png (621x645, 410K)

Maybe he got thrown off by the purple joycons remark because those would actually be rad

>unreliable rumor is posted on Yea Forums
>HAHA YOU MAD BRA

Because I just bought one 3 months ago. This is bullshit.

>70k difference
Welp, okay.

Waitfags win again, new model was inevitable

Yeah but it's only $40 for the complete kit including the hardware.

What games?

X2 has the exact same TDP as the X1, it can run cooler actually.
I really don't know what you're argument is, you think the technology doesn't exist? Pick any flagship phone out there, it'll have better battery life, better performance, and run cooler than the switch. The X1 was old when it launched.

Show some flagship phones running games like the Switch does.

Okay Yea Forums

Make a Uber Switch for $400 and make a Cheapo Switch for $200 or less

Except they have garbage vga and cost 1k.

Binding if Isaac and Fire Emblem Warriors. That's it. Every other game was just enhanced, like Smash, MH, or Pokémon SM/USUM

>getting your news from wsj via twitter

Cheapo Switch is just the original 2DS model but with Switch hardware (minus removable joycons, HD rumble, etc). Can be used as a Pro Controller for other Switch models a la that 3DS Smash Bros app for the Wii U verson.

but does it fix the framerate problem?

720p handheld mode, 900~1080 docked would be my ideal switch.

thats what it is now, you spastic.

Attached: 1459590624780.jpg (261x199, 9K)

I'm pretty sure XC2 for instance runs 720p max when docked and goes way below that when portable, so no.

Yoshi's woolly world is lower at least in handheld mode

>40 for abandonware
lmao

Minecraft.

keep seething, tranny

Attached: 4679670724.jpg (680x537, 36K)

That's because XC2 is a poorly optimized trash, that's not an issue with the console itself.

Bing bing that awful toy bing bing.

XC2 isn’t the exception

Hopefully. It would be a day one for me.

>cheaper model
???????????
The Switch already gets 100% profit off every sale and is a poorly engineered hunk of shitty plastic.

Nintendo wants a 200% profit version or something?
No screen, no battery, just a featureless home unit?

It's perfect just the way it is :^)

>"different from the original and you'd be surprised"
Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale "saw" them from the sound of it.

>featureless home unit
The cheaper model is going to be the mini switch those anti 3DS autists sperg about.

they just released a 7.0 ofw compatible bootloader like a week ago

>bought a Switch last month
Every time

Attached: 1550173435595.jpg (500x540, 32K)

Um sweaty, most of those games are ports that released 4 years earlier.

The fuck is WSJ?

>3ds gets gba games
>Switch gets GameCube

Depending on the selection it might actually be worth it

>People not realizing they HAVE to do this because there are retards that spout ''I'll buy a switch once there's a revision'' all the time
If you didn't wait, there would't be a need for making a revision, bare a cheap one to appeal to kids' parents. It's your fault entirely.

Weekly Shounen Jump.

Warriors of Social Justice

I didn't realise quite how based I was, thanks for informing me.

And wheres the source? Because if its on there then there should be some screenshots, no?

Not really, Switch is just a slow console based on old hardware. Doom also runs sub-720p most of the time and its optimization is excellent.

Wall Street Journal

No worries, they'll toss a triforce sticker on some and you'll happily buy it.

Attached: 1550531737462.jpg (644x800, 71K)

It's just WSJ announcing a Switch revision every year since forever. So of course one day they'll be right.

Brainlets are still using this meme?

Ugh... embarrassing.

Post yfw you're familiar with Nintendo and waited out for an updated version to the console instead of running out like a child and buying one as soon as you could

Attached: JPEG_20181206_183321.jpg (418x313, 23K)

I wonder if it can double as a stove

Attached: 1530286713453.jpg (400x400, 14K)

It’s an extra 2GB LPDDR4 because the system is bandwidth starved. It’ll be able to hold resolutions more easily and push slightly better textures.

>mfw I waited for a possible Animal Crossing bundle and now I'll be able to get a superior model

Attached: the winner takes it all.jpg (673x415, 52K)

mfw i'm the opposite and dropped tax refund on switch 1 month ago

Attached: tips fedora.jpg (600x355, 67K)

I just fucking hope they launch a version without the dock. Not that it wouldn't have dock features, but just not sold with a dock. I literally never use my dock. IT would just lower cost for them, I don't get why it's not an option as is.

Nu Switch
Nu Non-Switch
Nu New Switch Pro
Nu Non-Switch Pro
Nu New Switch Pro XL
Nu Non-Switch Pro XL

noose witch haha

>mfw I can pirate the games and you won't be able to in forever

Nintendo does this for every handheld. Dumbasses like you deserve to be "cheated".

It's unlikely but I hope the cheaper one is just an always docked model. Whenever I get a Switch I'm not going to be playing it anywhere but my TV either way

Attached: 1538974108909.jpg (750x943, 484K)

make the screen less reflective

>always docked
PLEASE GOD NO
I just want a fucking $200 model that's portable only. Is that so much to ask? That's literally how nintendo has survived since the wii u was such a fucking enormous failure. Why would they throw away their handheld market like this.

everyone says this until they realize they can play mario kart or an indie while lying in bed

Fucking this. Why do I have to pay for their shitty battery and shitty screen if I'm never going to use them?

Best played on New Nintendo Switch

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_AstralChain_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 394K)

Seems to be working out quite well. They're more profitable than any gen outside of the Wii/DS one.

Attached: 1543515501312.png (1334x824, 55K)

My bed is a 25-year old La-Z-Boy recliner right in front of my TV though

Attached: 1552543451092.png (506x917, 609K)

Lol keep coping, cuck.
Thanks for demoing!

This. I became totally uninterested in handhelds but playing those games and now all indies while taking a shit is great.

So you faggots shilled switch without even owning it? Explain alot

One is smaller the other is for VRfags

Never shilled a switch; went for a Sony console first and talked shit on Nintendo in the meantime because I knew this was going to happen.

Do you guys prefer:

1. Handheld
2. Docked

what the fuck is wrong with people doing things on the toilet?
it takes me about two minutes to take a shit. i'll probably have a quick look at an article or some instagram photos or something and then im done. how fucked up are your bowels that you can just sit on a shit filled toilet and play videogames for twenty minutes?
jesus fucking shit.

Attached: 1464295031915.jpg (615x456, 32K)

But who has the eternal possibility of having it hacked? That's right!

Eh, I can play games in bed with my phone and a controller, using Steam Link if I actually wanted to do that. I don't, though.

Maybe some joycons that don't feel like complete garbage. A dpad and an ergonomic grip would be nice.

Docked but i appreciate the handheld mode, i mean, nintendo hasnt been about the GRAPHIX ever since the Wii, so might as well be convenient if you are going to look like last gen.

I just hope the dock and joycons are compatible, so that I finally get another dock and another pair of joycons.

Docked because mine has a dead pixel.

4k on pro model?

Also, rumors
t3.com/news/this-new-nintendo-switch-is-a-stunning-4k-powerhouse

you got to play like 5+ games years early though.

It doesn't take me more than 2 or 3 minutes to take a shit, I just sit in there for 5-6 playing instead. why the fuck are you in such a rush?

And having to buy a newer version of the device to play a small select few games that get released is rubbish.

the comfiness of the switch is always underestimated

Attached: IMG_20181022_091500320.jpg (5248x2952, 3.59M)

>4k on pro model
I mean if it came with a basically additional GPU dock, sure, but it'd still be a bit of a stretch on anything more than indie titles. Not even mario odyssey and botw hold 60fps. No way they could get 4k.

Handhelds are always the best.

>new model releasing before new pokemon game

>mfw waiting to buy Switch untill new Pokemon game comes out
>mfw this also means waiting out the new model

Attached: 1542715169154.jpg (420x315, 9K)

Feel only that way if the new one gets an 10h battery life.

Just like the 2DS and Pokémon XY, at least when talking about the cheaper Switch model. I think the pro one is bullshit.

>implying that Nintendo would do anything close to "a powerhouse", alienating the quite large current playerbase

I know fuddling with words is fun but this is most likely going to be a New3DS/2DS scenario and that's it.

What's the fucking hurry with you people? What "privilege" is it, to do something earlier than others when it's a far inferior experience?
Are you actually fucking retarded?

i moved to another state back in november. havent even taken the dock out of the carry bag since. exclusively in handheld mode for everything. playing while lying down in bed with a tv show or podcast on in the background is the best. and
>lying down looking up at a goosenecked switch two inches away from your face while you play with a pro controller
godlike

Attached: 1547229630306.jpg (402x604, 31K)

>WSJ keep saying stupid shit
Remember when the WiiU got it's improved more powerful version because of the multiple different SKUs that happened that totally didn't end up being diffrent bundles.

Maybe they can finally do a bezleless screen. Seriously the switch looks archaic because of those huge ass bezles.

my man. I came real close to buying one before I knew how bad let's go would be. what a fucking matrix bullet dodge.

This

>let's go
I was THIS close to getting this piece of shit but thank Christ my shit filter kicked in

Attached: 1505118800276.png (759x427, 348K)

BOTW doesn't even attempt 60FPS, it's 30FPS.

>Microsoft and snoy release updated consoles
>no one bats an eye
>Nintendo releases an updated console
>autistic screeching
Really makes your noggin joggin'

>no one bats an eye
There was quite the asshurt, though.

I never knew such joys could exist. I'm in.

Attached: 20190325_052500.jpg (1080x801, 537K)

>he didn't buy a switch at launch and turn it into a easy as fuck to pirate and home brew machine

Attached: 246a84671cc54b5d841133c1c3087321.jpg (600x800, 59K)

fpbp

>"You would be wrong to think the enhanced version is similar to what Sony did with PS4 Pro and the other is just a cheap alternative that looks very similar to some past hand-held machines, say, Sony’s PlayStation Vita"
>Cheaper version is still portable, expensive version is still gonna keep the portability gimmick?
How about just making a more powerful switch and cutting the prince by removing the portable screen thing?

I literally just want a black brick to sit in my living room and use my tv for the games I play with a regular ass controller like normal people. Is that so much to ask of nintendo?

Attached: 1536570674575.jpg (512x384, 29K)

cheapo switch is glorified controller like he says, with no dock
uber switch is console only, no handheld

base switch model is the only 'switch'

this is brilliant, already released games won't work out of the box, so there will be PRO remakes of everything at full price

clever nintendo

>implying this won't get hacked within a week
>even if it does, emulation has come far enough that hacking the system is irrelevant

Attached: 1519636642387.png (298x273, 188K)

No 3D Zelda ever has, it's a design choice.

Yes. Because their last foray into home consoles failed so miserably that it put their entire company at risk. Thankfully the 3DS was a massive success. I don't think they wanted to risk a proper home console, so they made this hybrid. The pro model might be, but then it's probably not going to be called a switch anymore.

It would be brilliant of them if they just made "upgrade docks" for the current playerbase. But I don't think that's possible.

The hybrid concept itself was very risky, but it paid off. No reason to go back to pure consoles or pure handhelds when they created their own exclusive market with this move.

maybe it will reach 20fps

not only is it possible, they've already done it.

Attached: 64dd.jpg (1280x960, 168K)

yeah but the previous foray before that was the second best selling home console of all time so it wasn't because of it being a home console

It's a performance choice, the hardware can't give you any more than that. It's using dynamic resolution and tops out at only ~900p anyway, there's no extra performance.

>Tegra Orin is "pro" model
>Tegra X2 is "cheaper" model

>still no non-tablet console release for ~$150

seriously Nintendo is really missing out on the home console market, they could easily do a non-screen model and make a fuckload of profit but I forget how much Nintendo hates money.

I just want a gamecube-style home console that can actually do 1080p60 or 4K30 for nintendo games

Attached: 1552592154966.png (664x793, 57K)

>Because their last foray into home consoles failed so miserably that it put their entire company at risk.
And most of it was caused by it being
1-less powerfull then the competition
2-bloated price because of the low res screen gimmick
3-lack of third party games cause by 1 and nintendo's general mightier then thou attitude towards everything
4-shit marketing that left all the normies confused on what the wii u was and everyone warned them it would but they didn't care
The still didn't fix any of this outside of marketing making it clear it was a new thingy and not an add on

Yeah, but through a USB-C? Nahh, I don't think so.

And the old model will still run MM2 so nothing of value was lost

This. That thing sounds like it'll catch your house on fire.

>why sell 2 systems when we can just sell one

Attached: 1538154816749.jpg (348x342, 23K)

>seriously Nintendo is really missing out on the home console market, they could easily do a non-screen model and make a fuckload of profit but I forget how much Nintendo hates money.
Yeah, remember the Wii U? That sold by the buckload.

why can't already released games just use higher resolutions?
people are playing BOTW at higher res without any upgrades on PC

C'mon, Switch emulation isn't even passable yet except for two or three flagship games

>t-there isn't going to be a new switch model guys, reggie told us so?
Current model literally has some shitty design flaws, he was just saying that so people wouldn't stop buying new switches, of fucking course a new model was going to come out.

Attached: 22.png (322x353, 131K)

Because if there are two separate game libraries and the one that requires vastly more resources and expenses doesn't sell (like Wii U vs 3DS), then it's a big waste of money.

Depends on the features and the price.
I'm quite happy with my low serial number Switch I bought for 260€.

Poor marketing and product naming killed the Wii U.

Also the fact that the screen controller was required was what killed it- if they would have been more flexible and made the screen a separate gimmick then people would have bought the thing had it been named something different.

90% of normal people thought it was a Wii add-on.

>this shit again
They have been saying this for a year now, despite Nintendo flat out saying no revisions are coming

Why would you even want handhelds when there are laptops? It makes no sense. Like if you go on vacation or something. Unless you want to play outdoors ofc.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 243K)

It’s going to be a cheaper model for Pokémon faggots
The 2DS literally came out same day as Sun/Moon

>muh handheld
>muh docked
plebs

tabletop mode is where it's at. literally 99.99% of the time I play it like that, it's the apex of comfiness.

and what the fuck is a sku supposed to be

Probably a Switch Mini and Switch home

A unit sold at retail.

Been there done that they were commercial failures and people kept complaining
With Wii Sports barely anyone complained they just wanted a new game

Same here man

Tabletop

Attached: 1524426977722.gif (258x193, 1.42M)

Oh no they were we just called them a bitch back then

Bought mine early because 99% of the games will still work with the base model regardless.

so just fucking things
shouldn't expect anything different from the farthuffers role playing journalists on twitter, I guess

I will get the cheapter handheld only version so that I can play it at my gfs place.

Attached: Vita.jpg (3760x1680, 812K)

>4K
Imagine being this naive
Jesus Christ.

my nigga

Attached: 1552998162125.jpg (1079x1077, 539K)

>when it's a far inferior experience
Are you?
What about playing Bloodborne on an original PS4 made it a far inferior experience? other than some shitty load times between areas
What about playing ARMS or Splatoon 2 on an original Switch makes it a far inferior experience?

>all these poorfags ITT
I’ll keep my old Switch for trying games that seems interesting and just buy the ones that I like for the new console. That way I can support the games I like and play them with the better performance.

Bloodborne ran like absolute dogshit mate. If you want 15 fps and minutes long load screens, I'm sure you can get there running your processor in the microwave for a few minutes.

>cheated
Why?

>Because it worked with the DS and the 3DS
And PS One, and PS2 Slim, and PS3 Slim, and PS3 Super Slim, and PSP 3000, and X360 Slim, and Xbone Slim, and... Yeah, nothing new, this is an industry standard, stop acting as if Nintendo is the only one to do this shit.

>no proof or anyone asking for it
Trash thread for a trash outlet.

Enjoy the "only on new shitch" games.

>Pick any flagship phone out there, it'll have better battery life, better performance, and run cooler than the switch.
It also costs 1000+ dollars and, funny enough, doesn't run as cool and as well as you think - there's maybe a handful of phones that are better than the Switch, and none that could be stripped down in any way to be sold as a portable console for cheap. It's not just about processing power, it's about what tech is being backed up - all the memes when Nintendo mentioned Switch would be working well with Unity etc? That wasn't for you, it was to show the devs that they picked X1 since it has a lot of great engine support - not as much was developed so far for most newer tech that could potentially be better than the Switch. And literally none at all that you could sell as a portable console for less than 400$.

All I ask for is a USB C port somewhere other than the bottom

user, wait a bit longer, like 5 years, and you can get an even better Switch then, don't be a child, what's 2-3 years here or there. :)

While I would like a Switch Pro, that sounds like bullshit.

In 5 years the best Switch will be yuzu.

No they won't retard, the only reason the 3DS got games was because it released at an absolutely fucknuts price they axed the shit out of within only a few months. The Switch on the other hand has been out for a couple years, has been making stupid gangbusters money, and is ready for a standard Nintendo revision. You sound like my dad thinking Nintendo owed us games for releasing the Super Nintendo.

Yes, user, I bet it'll also be portable etc. Just keep on waiting. And why upgrade your PC now? Wait a few years too. Best if you do so your entire life and just fuck off with this bullshit as if hardware updates are wrong or anything new.

Maybe your parents will give you some for dropping you as a baby

>Yes, user, I bet it'll also be portable
Yes, it will be if you run it on a portable computer. Those things exist, you know? You should try getting up to date with the times.
>And why upgrade your PC now?
Indeed, new CPUs are coming out in 3 months, it's a bad time to buy now.

>still haven’t bought a switch

My time has come. Suck it cucks!!!

>two and a half years
>"early adopter"

Cope

Psst. New CPUs will be coming out next year too. And the one after that. Forever. Never buy a new PC.

>New CPUs will be coming out next year too
So what?

So now and forever is a bad time to buy. Because better stuff is always coming out.

I think you're pretty stupid, aren't you?

I will buy a switch once the next big zelda comes out.

I know you're pretty stupid.

Of course, making intelligent purchasing decisions for hardware which will last at least half a decade must seem stupid for one of such limited capacity as yourself. Don't worry, maybe somebody will help you out of pity if you kindly ask for advice.

lol ok
I'll be enjoying my Switch in the meantime. You do you.

lol ok

So Nintendo is gonna advertise their Switch Lite with Pokemon and Animal Crossing, but what games would they advertise for their enhanced Switch version?

god no

pls die and never post again

Astra Chain, MP4 and Bayo 3 and F-Zerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Astral Chain for sure

>keep holding off because a new model is "just around the corner"
>it never comes and you keep waiting until Nintendo's next console comes out having never bought a Switch because "as soon as I do, they'll release the new one."
Sounds like insanity to me.

Pikmin 4

>Original Model
>Enhanced Model with more memory
>Cheap Model designed for kids
Literally the 3DS/New 3DS/2DS situation, minus the XL versions. They're going to phase out the flawed original model and make these two new ones the standards.

Maybe that Xenoblade Chronicles X port that the original Switch couldn't handle, another parallel to the New 3DS (pic related). Better performance for 2 would also be a good selling point.

Attached: 91bF+a0z2jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1372, 426K)

You only needed the serial # on the back of the unit.

The problem is price and cooling.
Ever play an intensive PS2 game on your iPhone?
Shit feels like your phone is going to melt
If Switch has like an iPhone X processor and it’s same active cooling it would shut down any naysayers

>Been playing mine almost everyday for 2 years
Put my plus 3000 hours in your pipe and smoke it

What's intelligent about your decision? You waited (and might wait longer) 3 years before buying a console - you literally decided to have less fun for a few years, where's your logic in this?

Imagine being this fucking stupid. I knew some people were gonna go
>4k lolol ecksdee
despite it saying 4k VIDEO and upscaling to 4k and nothing at all of rendering the games in anywhere near 4k.

Yeah, if it hard top of the line specs, top of the line cooling, top of the line battery and screen - it'd run better and probably a bit longer or the same. But it'd also cost more than probably PS5 and Xbonetwo combined.

wait, you mean to tell me its not already outputting those resolutions? what year is it 2013?

I actually noticed this thing very recently with the new Nokia phone that has 5(?) cameras. They just revealed it few weeks ago and it's already in stores.

I'm going to wait 100 years to play video games.

THE SWITCH IS A PORTABLE, YOU FUCKING MORON.

NINTENDO ALWAYS RELEASES MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THEIR PORTABLES.

I only recently noticed this with the new Nokia phones that has like 5(?) cameras. It wasn't too long ago when they revealed it and now it's already in stores.

That was about PC CPUs, not Switch. I haven't bought a Switch because there aren't enough games I'm interested in on it, plus I feel like I'm overpaying for the screen and battery when I know I will never need them.

It is outputting those resolutions, but plenty of games use dynamic scaling for internal rendering resolution (not actual output) and can drop well below 720p, especially when running handheld instead of docked.

That 3ds port thing is the only thing on that list that would make me buy up. I'd also consider significantly better battery and pro exclusive games

Yeah and at that price who gives a fuck about it’s resolution and power when it costs 1000$?
Meanwhile PX52: PS5 and an Xbox 2 combined are still cheaper than New Nintendo $$$witch you have a problem

I really like the idea of the switch but as someone who owned a wii u, there is pretty much no incentive to get one. The mario kart, zelda, and smash games are the same on wii u with minor updates here and there. Ive played mario odyssey and it feels like 3d world but with open levels and it just seemed like a shallow banjo clone from the 3 worlds i played. Theres just nothing system selling on it really. I wish i didnt get a wii u so i could enjoy the fuck out of the switch

I'll actually buy a revision just cause this. Turn my current switch into a pirate device for all old/single player games and have the revision for multi games. Had the same setup with the 3ds and the n3d and it was kino.

Attached: 1539464276155.gif (380x496, 2.56M)

I personally just want native DS-3DS on system and to use 3DS systems as controllers
I mean they already have gyro, people still own and buy 3DSs and it could further extend the 3DS’s life cycle

this

>I feel cheated
It's been 2 fucking years, man. You got to play the console for TWO YEARS before a new revision came out. Surely that's worth it? Not only that, but did you know that your current Switch will continue to work even after the new revision releases? It's crazy to think about, I know, but old products don't just self-destruct when a new one comes out.

Funny I owned a Wii and frankly the Switch outclasses it so hard I don’t even care about rebuying games.
Hell I re-brought Binding of Issac and Disega 5 just because how much more convenient they are to play

How's Switch emulation right now

>Maybe that Xenoblade Chronicles X port that the original Switch couldn't handle
Are you retarded? The Switch is more powerful than the Wii U even in handheld mode. The reason X wasn't ported is money:
nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/monolith_soft_director_would_love_xenoblade_chronicles_x_on_switch_money_stands_in_the_way

Unplayable.

Coming along pretty nicely but nowhere near advanced enough to really play it yet. It'll be years until a decent chunk of the library is properly playable.

I'll just get the new one and finally hack my launch model.

Attached: __paya_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_and_etc_drawn_by_iku_ikuchan_kaoru__sample-11167a02b8c (850x1195, 148K)

I don't

It was too faded >:(

new models won't be hackable, kek.

I still have the application on my 3DS, this is some collector shit.

because it would melt the switch

>Nintendo putting out more hardware before first getting games
They really are friends with Microsoft

You’re telling me the better thing to do is to wait two years and just do fucking nothing?

Nintendo is the only company that get’s proper attention in emulation. Emulation of nintendo games is the only emulation you can say iscoming with 100% certainty

This is almost child levels of thinking, it's a model refresh to stay competitive. All companies do this, why do you feel cheated?

ayy

Attached: IMG_20170917_112854.jpg (4096x3072, 2.05M)

>He didn't buy a Switch at launch and stashed it away while waiting for a hack
>He's waiting to buy the new Switch with very little actual upgrades like Nintendo always does
>New Switch will again close every single exploit and take over a year to solve, possibly never even get the amount of work behind it to fully hack it
>He think he made the right choice when he fully knows he was going to run out and get it anyway, but now in inferior quality
>Prices of the original Switch hacked will skyrocket due to demand and pay itself back

When did Yea Forums become so retarded?

Attached: mikonboomer.png (892x1024, 775K)

Didn't the president of nintendo state in no unclear terms that they have no plans for any switch revisions? I recall seeing an article in the last 3 months stating that the switch hasn't met their sales figures so they're going to try and push the appeal of the current switch and not introduce new hardware. Was he lying??

Nintendo or whatever want their switch lasting 7 years, so that's 9 years total with the revision right?

>4K

This shit isn't even that sustainable on PCs.

I'm pretty sure the idea was the Switch would be an ecosystem, not necessarily tied to one console.

>Yeah, but through a USB-C? Nahh, I don't think so.

Attached: file.png (645x682, 530K)

>Why don't they just put NVidia RTX in the dock and have 4K Mario??
The dock connects to Switch via USB-C. It is not a Sata cable. It cannot be used to enhance computing power. The only way to make an enhanced dock would be to make an entirely new system that's compatible with the Switch

Attached: High Power Dock.png (1300x1400, 744K)

High end dock is possible through USB-C, but the Switch can't use one because it doesn't have Thunderbolt 3
Unless Nvidia modified the Switch's X1 so it can talk to an X2 in a dock through USB-C

SATA cables are used to connect HDDs, not increase computing power

>4k on a tablet
"no"

>Buying a console at launch
I'm LOLing out loud. Why they fuck would you buy a Nintendo product at launch? You're just asking to get fucked. You know there's gonna be some enhanced version. The Switch is still just a port machine too.

Attached: 72_hours_girl_after_a_shower.png (637x1043, 428K)

Accurate summary of part 5

>fucking onions

Attached: 7w1wqsch9ig21.png (1200x628, 738K)

>32gb

>wii killed first
>wiiu killed first
> thinking switch wont be killed super early as well
And you will defend it.

>4k meme
If a fucking Titan cannot make 4k viable, what does a console hope to do? Consoles need to fucking ignore 4k and go for 1440p, the true master race resolution.

Admit it, this would never happen
Nintendo is stoo set in their gimmicky ways to introduce any real, tangible innovation--the fact we got the Switch after the WiiU's blunder is proof enough.

Not harping on your design, really--makes no sense their docking station is incapable of doing what every other docking station does
>Capability of installing additional storage
>Ethernet
>Performance increase/boost

cunny?

Here's your (you)

Attached: IMG_20181023_213522.jpg (4160x3120, 1.02M)

What is happening here?

>being a waitfag and being a poorfag
Hows that 970 treating you?

Attached: 1523505689824.png (330x189, 19K)

He's not president anymore, bitch.

>WSJ

intothetrashitgoes.jpeg

I was gonna say "SATA is faster" but wow was I wrong, USB-C can apparently do up to 20Gbps
rtx cards only transfer like 14Gbps so that should be fine

They tried that twice already and no one gave a shit

It's not Nintendo's fault you idiots waited. Just like it's not their fault you niggers waited until the Wii U's life was half over to get it.

Who gives a shit? The NEW 3DS had like 2 games for it.

Attached: 1347221913525.png (400x386, 256K)

>I might experience BotW, Xenoblade, etc for the first time
>At 60fps/1080p

So glad I waited

pls no bully if any

Attached: 1551452811613.jpg (634x538, 35K)

fuck them. the same thing happened with the 2DS. i barely played any games on it thanks to the 3ds coming out so soon after. i'm really starting to think that nintendo can go fuck themselves.

Well, I was going to buy a used Switch for 200$, but if this supposed portable only version with non-detachable joycons has a good price, but can also still dock, I'd go for it. I just hope E3 brings some good games

Attached: 1553381612005.gif (800x800, 827K)

Thanks for beta testing for me

>I barely played any games on the 2DS because the 3DS came soon after
Did you have a stroke?

i don't even remember which handheld it was. that how irrelevant it became.

What do i do if gaming was one of the few things that brought me joy
And now its jewish and overun by the people i hate

>emulates gba games on a 300 dollar console
neat

Why didn't you wait for the good games to come out?

Dolphin support in the works user, hacked Switch is gonna be the GOAT emulation machine