Western game

>western game
>has boring ambient music in it

Attached: 1552967119578.jpg (960x540, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sSr2Aj3RtaA
youtube.com/watch?v=I8vaCrVIR-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=n08CSYRBEsY
youtube.com/watch?v=eIyQVP3IUyg&t=442s
youtube.com/watch?v=a33iI6xfld0&t=4979s
youtube.com/watch?v=53_CUSmf8fQ&t=234s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why don't games have memorable soundtracks anymore?
Even Cawadoody got Hans Zimmer to make the score of one of the games once.

Attached: 1524689692254.png (908x646, 942K)

>eastern game
>has kino music that I can't understand

Attached: 34d87c5bff799131d9971b23b85140a1.jpg (319x439, 23K)

Name 20

Attached: 1488766109140.png (527x400, 245K)

>Top Tier
The game's main theme is used as a leitmotif throughout the rest of the game's music, culminating in a totally rad version of it during the final boss
>High Tier
Specific characters have themes that play when they do something cool, or when a villain shows up and you know shit's about to go down
>Mid Tier
Music is based off of the location you're currently in ingame
>Bottom Tier
Breath of the Wild's entire soundtrack aside from the announce trailer.

Some japanese games are also doing it and it's all tiresome. Literally fucking lazy to build atmosphere with the environments.

The music is the biggest flaw in Breath of the Wild. It's got other flaws (koroks, shrines) but the music actively makes me take breaks or avoid going to certain areas.

>Why don't games have memorable soundtracks anymore?
I think that modern composers, see themselves as "artists", therefore they do what they want and what they think is "art". Letting the customers aside, and having in mind that most games nowadays are played by normalfags who don't care about the soundtrack, many composers are prone to do that.

>Why don't games have memorable soundtracks anymore?
Play more games, faggot. Even indies have memorable tracks

stop playing western shit

Because the industry started hiring sound designers that graduated from film school.
In movies the theory is to keep the soundtrack in the background so it doesn't distract from what's happening on screen and only crank it up in dramatic scenes.

Attached: 1433262785648.png (221x286, 107K)

Isn't that how it works on videogames?

It does now, it didn't used to.
Every area in a video game used to have a noticeable and distinct soundtrack.

>Turn ambient sounds up to make
>Hear voice snippets from previous game

No, videogame music is meant to be immersive so it should be aggressive enough contrary to film where it's subdued.

>make
*Max

But isn't that what ambient music is?
Or is OP complaining that ambient music is not good now?

Well, most of the games doing that are making cinematic games anyway. The problem isn't that they're hiring film composers, but that the games designers are designing the game overall to mimic a movie. From Metal Gear Solid to Call of Duty, Final Fantasy to Assassins Creed.

But if you go find games that don't do this, they tend to have OSTs that are different. Which means indie games or Japanese games that aren't trying to mimic FF/MGS.

Dumb aqua poster

>In movies the theory is to keep the soundtrack in the background so it doesn't distract from what's happening on screen and only crank it up in dramatic scenes.
No, just bad movies. Good movies use music to create the tone of the film, just as much or more than visuals. The best movies blend visuals and music equally. But very few teams can ever achieve this, either because of a lack of talent or a lack of time.

>ambient music is not good now?
A lot of games don't even have ambient music anymore and when they do it's designed to fade into the background. Typically slow, droning orchestral tunes.

>But very few teams can ever achieve this
That's an understatement. I'm trying to think of movies where I actually remember noticing the soundtrack and I can think of like 3 that were on par with being even remotely as memorable as something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=sSr2Aj3RtaA

Nigger BotW literally does all 3 of those things kys

Ahem, fuck Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=I8vaCrVIR-Q

youtube.com/watch?v=n08CSYRBEsY

youtube.com/watch?v=eIyQVP3IUyg&t=442s

youtube.com/watch?v=a33iI6xfld0&t=4979s

youtube.com/watch?v=53_CUSmf8fQ&t=234s

Attached: marty.jpg (1024x576, 75K)

I played through the entire halo trilogy and remember only the main theme, It's the same generic hollywood shit. Don't know why people suck marty's dick

>not muting the game

Attached: 1415457555452.webm (960x540, 1.22M)

maybe you just have a problem noticing music. I notice the music in movies all the time unless it is really quiet. Both music I love and music I dislike.

But anyway, check out anything by Joe Hisaishi, John Barry, Ennio Morricone, Danny Elfman, Vangelis, etc. You may not like their music, but it definitely sets the tone for those films more than the visuals do.

>ODST's soundtrack

every fucking time

Attached: 1538782594752.png (359x363, 142K)