Phases through your shuriken

>Phases through your shuriken
>instakills you with a grapple
heh, nothin personell sonny
*dabs on you while drinking orange pekoe tea*
*puts in her VHS recording of Coronation Street"

Attached: sekiro-lady-butterfly.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNV_Hh5ZWaE
youtube.com/watch?v=BuGGU7dH-5U&t=14s
youtu.be/IIS-ZtyO1_Q?t=156
youtube.com/watch?v=S05P8OmxsSI
my.mixtape.moe/bcbyzj.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No spoilers pls, but should I be expecting the boss fight to be over after the first health bar?

you'll be in for a bad time if you do

fucks sake, and I've been getting proud of nearly depleting that first bar before dying

all it takes is one mistake,

Attached: Cn11XGUUsAEcqGe.jpg (573x329, 24K)

I didn't have that much trouble on her, desu I thought the horse guy was more challenging.

I'm starting to think they want you to go for relentless offense against her?
Seems like if you keep the pressure up and just back off once she parries an attack you can keep her posture damage pretty high

forget the lifebar in this game, its inefficient

I literally beat her on my first try it's not hard
if you see the chinese character pop up just jump
do the whirlwind slash thing whenever she lands and kill the ghost things before killing her
it's basic soulsborne shit

Yes, you want to stay as close to her as possible to get the easy parries. Try to land as many hits as you can even if she is blocking, and memorize her attack patterns.

This game is way more fun when you just cheat and give yourself infinite health or modify the posture damage values.

>desu I thought the horse guy was more challenging.
What in the fuck? You literally just hold block and spam the grappling hook on him to kill. Butterfly is way harder

lifebar literally doesn't matter in the game.
its just a distraction.

the entire game is about whittling down their stamina meter so you can do the deathblow thingy x2.

Do you even feel any satisfaction when you beat games like this, or do you only play videogames because you want to be a part of the culture?

Attack attack, sidestep to the right, attack attack, sidestep to the right, repeat ad nauseam EZ GG

Yes the posture is the real life bar, their vitality only comes into play in making it easier/faster to break their posture.

I'm just busy and I want to be a ninja man without having to invest the prereq time to learn the timing for every fight. I can learn all the parry and dodge stuff at my own comfy pace. I get pleasure from playing the game the way I want because it's mine and I can spend time doing things the way I want to.

sorry not sorry.

Attached: 1399412529881.png (235x253, 47K)

That's a stupid alternative to getting satisfaction from cheating since he'd just lie about it if that was his motive. He probably just wants bamham press x to awesome gameplay and to explore the environment. He's a casual, not a poseur.

Protip:
Be Agressive. Don't do HP kill. Do a posture kill.

Attack, attack, attack, until she parried and then it's your turn to parry.

Always be aggressive, dont stop attacking her. If she's in the air shuriken her. Never have a moment where she dictates the rhytm of the fight. Beat her second try by just being relentless and im a horrible player (genichiro raped me at least two dozen times)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_02-44-00.png (778x952, 1.04M)

>*blocks your path*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

How do you best fight the huge man-babies? I always try to stealth kill them, but sometimes you are just fighting them.

They don't seem to have any decent weakness, and they are tough as nails to parry.

It's mostly parry, spam parry, then back off or jump when a perilous is coming. She usually does that after 2-3 parries. Resume whacking her after that.

you have to be way more aggressive. don't just hit her once to take away health then run away to try and do it again, lol

I feel like the bosses are the weakest parts of the game somehow. It's fun getting to different parts of the map by doing stealth kills or being spiderman with your grapple arm. But then these fucking fights show up and you realize that the health bar is superfluous and it's all about the death strike and now you just live in that boss fight for the next 15 to 30 minutes depending on how hard you get spanked.

FUCK YOU OLD LADY HAHAHAHA

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_02-54-26.png (1920x1049, 3.76M)

For some bosses yes. But blazing bull, you get it down to 1/3 health and it literally falls on it's back and you can stab it. Lady Butterfly regens posture too fast until you lower her health.

WHAT THE FUCK NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_02-55-35.png (659x668, 806K)

MADA MADA

Attached: 1358800958984.png (234x263, 155K)

It's not bad really since you can't just spam R1 unless you want to spend forever on a boss
You still have to do the mechanics you just don't have to waste time loading inbetween deaths

And don't bother with the ghosts, unless you need a spirit charm, they are a one shot but it was more optimal to just ignore them.

>*puts in her VHS recording of Coronation Street*
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNV_Hh5ZWaE
Someone should really mod her battle music and change it to this

Meanwhile this faggot with his big compensation dick stick is wrecking my shitter.
Having a tough time reading his fucking moves fast enough to tell which is a thrust or a sweep or anything.
Am I too early? I used the bell immediately after I got it.

Attached: fuck.png (464x118, 123K)

I'm shit and cannot kill the white miniboss thing after those 2 fags with shields
how do I do it?
I completed all the other from software games with relative ease but I can't even progress past regular enemies that I can't spam in this game

Just me, or does she always leave two-three ghosts up even after the majority disappear? Those I always feel inclined to kill.

stealth kill one of his hp bar off right away. kill the shitters around him. drag him to the bridge, there is a point he won't pass. then fight. jump when he does the thrust, parry the rest and kill the fag

Some bosses really feel like the stealth attack to start the fight is basically mandatory

Sneak one posture attack and dodge the stabs

This, you can't cheap out or summon like you can in the souls game. This game is harder and requires actual precision

Stealth and parries are the way to go for fatties. Just remember to reset your posture between his swings.

Blazing bull you are supposed to just spam firecrackers and bait it into environment interactions.

Definitely juzou...he’s a hit and run boss

Also, why the fuck is ghost monk impossible to deflect compared to the later monk?

I forget, did the old lady raise the mc or what?

not him but i cheated and made it so that i never lose shit when i die and its made the game much more enjoyable for me, felt stressed before but now i can enjoy the game the way i want to.

I just buy stuff before bossfights myself. No fear of losing XP if there is nothing to lose
I always need more of those charm things for the arm too, so I just cash out and buy as many as I can

One of my favorite fights so far and I'm currently at Genichiro.

Corrupt Monks hitbox is stupid as fuck. Even regular attacks sometimes go over your head and hit your back if you try to block it.

literally not memeing, how do I spend skill points?

youtube.com/watch?v=BuGGU7dH-5U&t=14s

at the not-bonfire statues
You need scrolls first though, go back to the statue maker guy and he will give you skill scrolls

Easy as fuck boss when you run charged R1 or do the R1->move forward->R1

I just beat the centipede dude, how far am i into the game?

The old lady used to be the mentor of the guy who took you in

Which centipede dude?

Why is her sweep so fucking fast

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-24_11-09-09.png (622x527, 430K)

The one at Mt. Kongu, I think he was optional.

Then you're only starting, plenty to go.

Her second phase is fucking garbage

I don't have to find satisfaction from video games. I just play to realize my ninja power fantasies and get my actual satisfaction from real life.

Much like in real life, I like to challenge myself and constantly improve instead of stagnating and being complacent with mediocrity

Read the tutorials. If you can't kill the posture, drain their vitality by dodge-striking.

>power fantasy
>playing as a guy made of toilet paper with a cardboard tube for a sword

>been trying to beat this bitch for so long that I haven't had any shuriken or snap peas for hours

Attached: death.png (128x128, 24K)

>Sweep and grapple that instakill every time
Nice boss faggots

That’s pretty much the idea for most of these mini bosses. Half the battle for any of the enemies without the fog gate effect is just a puzzle on trying to figure out how you can stab them in the back before you fight them.

>mfw I keep getting her one or two hits away from death in her second phase but get bullshitted by a jank grapple or her starting a sweep during one of my attacks

Attached: 4b6.jpg (400x343, 8K)

>getting sweeped when you can just jump over it.
Stop trying to dodge it faggot.

can't do either when she reacts to me attacking with it

you mean youre a weak wimp autist in all aspects of your life and even the one kiddy tier hobby you invest so much time into that you hound enthusiast boards about it 24/7 casualfiltered you and forced you into cheating? "People" like this shouldnt be allowed to post here, go actually kill yourself

t. someone who realizes my power fantasies in real life and sees Sekiro for the brutal gauntlet it is, something far more satisfying and meditative than the arkham combat trinket you wanted dangling over your crib

The red warning symbol really isn't useful at all for anything but (most) sweeps because there can be so much delay on grabs and thrusts, just stay focused on her and you'll realize how incredibly easy and consistent it is to dodge it.
As for the sweep attack, well, I can't quite remember it but there's a pretty big indicator of if she's about to do it - I think it's if she hasn't jumped up for a while.
Also the dodge spam trick helps dramatically and there is no shame in using it.

>shurikens in the air (NOT when she's on her wires) do like a tenth of her vitality and a tenth of her posture if you get a dash attack in afterwards (not hard)
>second form gains an attack combination that always ends up a sweep that you can jump for 25% posture damage
>stomps are block-punishable but nothing else is
When you know a few basic tricks it basically just comes down to dodging / parrying her attacks until she does something punishable.

still a fucking bitch though

why is it that Yea Forums-babs always complain about the easiest most predictable bosses?

i agree. butterfly took me like 2 tries, horse guy is a faggot

>jump to avoid her grab
>the camera flips out and she grabs you midair anyway

Attached: 1280w.jpg (1280x960, 157K)

GOOD TIPS
GOOD TIPS
GOOD TIPS

Eveyrbody read this guy's post he's probably a fromsoft dev in anonymous. Please create breakdowns likethese for the minibosses

PROTIP: Her first and second phases count as two different fights, if you're close to death in the first phase you can just let her kill you to get half of your health back, and you'll still be able to revive during the second phase

you can't hold back versus her, spam shift dodge and attack one after another or bust
2nd phase just run from ghosts until they despawn and repeat phase 1

OOOOOOOOOOOO YE BROTHER
GET SOME
I'M THE TOWER OF POWER, TOO SWEET TO BE SOUR. I'M FUNKY LIKE A MONKEY. SKY'S THE LIMIT AND SPACE IS THE PLACE!
TOO HOT TO HANDLE, TOO COLD TO HOLD!
BEST THERE IS, PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE! OH YEAAAAH!

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_05-22-47.png (1920x1049, 3.28M)

MADA MADA

Have fun with Seven Ashina Spears dude when you get to him.

If I consume a battle memory, can I still go back to that area?
Is there a downside to consuming it?

You can go back, they show up in the normal warp menu.

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_05-41-15.png (918x664, 1.25M)

>mfw first try
mada mada

Attached: tumblr_mil7ooYR1U1qj0ouyo1_500.png (500x281, 169K)

The hardest part was accepting that I had to play like a total faggot and just cheese the game.
I always try to make fights look cool but apparently taking it slow isn't allowed so I had to just mash like a retard.
>attack attack dodge attack attack attack dodge attack attack dodge
Totally retarded way to play but it worked I guess

Where should I go after beating Genchiro?
I've already finished mt kongu I think too.

I got her every patterns down except her damn sweep because it can literally come out from every fucking moves.
That being said, it feels good jump kicking and demolish her posture on an off-chance I managed to predict it.

>all these soul babs not understanding the "posture regenerates while blocking" rule
Are you people actually retarded? Do you not understand that posture is not stamina?

Attached: LjZ7Ey6K.png (447x478, 192K)

You can just keep attacking her until she parries you back so you can parry her and start attacking again.
I beat the fight dodging only her butterflies range attacks and parry everything else.

You need the Mortal Sword from Mt. Kongou and the Bridal Stone from the Undervalley Passage.

Thats basically what I did, I just don't really like playing that heavy rushdown style, I'm more of a patient player that waits for the right time to go for a big punish, so adapting to that rushdown heavy playstyle to counter her took me a bit

She's not even close to as hard to beat as the headless

Theirs a hidden item at the hirata estate behind some bamboo close to where you talk to the thief npc. Anyone know how to reach it?

>I’m just busy
Bruh, I’m a fucking apprentice carpenter working 80 hours a fortnight with an active social life and even I can find the time to learn and indulge in this game, you’re just fucking lazy.

>80 hours a fortnight

WE IN THERE BROTHERRRRR
COME GET SOME
Thanks to the user that mentioned grappling on to this dude, I didn't realize I was able to and the fight felt impossible. Beat him on my second try after getting used to using the grapple hook and fireworks on him together though

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_06-26-56.jpg (1920x1049, 1.37M)

Holy fuck this boss is bull

Attached: blazing bull.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>Meet it
>Die
>Realize that it can be parried
>It does on 3 seconds

>mfw slowly stealthing through that area and this asshole rushes out without warning seconds before I backstab someone

Attached: Cq7QFc0WgAAmTe6.jpg (700x1024, 122K)

anyone else finding themselves thinking "if this biddy was 30-40 years younger I would fuck her like a goddamn madman", like when she appears on the buddha statue with her legs crossed, or when she does that dominatrix stomp on you out of her grapple, and the way she swings her legs around for the kicks.

This desu

By far my least favorite boss in the game. Completely irredeemable.

Beat her first time lmao. Git gud

Any time I see someone say they beat her on the first try, I know they play like a total spammy faggot since thats how you have to beat her.

I'm starting to agree, he doesn't feel hard, just really jank and poorly designed.
I guess every FROM game has to have one completely garbage boss with a shit method of fighting it though

>People whining about Granny
Wait until you get to Genichiro

Literally just chase it around the arena and hit it while it’s back is turned, then throw in some firecrackers. Took like two attempts.

Wait till you fight his apparition version lmao

Just dodge her attacks you whiny cunt. You dont have to spam.
Stay shit

What is jank about him? His ONLY gimmick is that its a fucking BULL so ofcourse you dont want to give him enough space to charge at you.

>people whine about granny and genichiro
>*laughs in double ape*

Granny first phase is easily done without taking a hit by attacking her until she blocks a hit then immediately dodge to her left diagonally, then attacking as soon as possible out of the dash, then attack until she blocks again, rinse and repeat. She might break out with a hop to a wire if you're too slow or doing something she never did when I did this, but this strat also works on the second phase but she will be able to break out for the illusion or by hopping onto wires. Also, shuriken-slash followup does good job on her.

That aside, where the fuck were the firecrackers? Fighting the bull without it turned into a real fucking slog of running after its ass and stabbing it every now and then as it was turning.

Attached: 1515803778259.jpg (493x637, 88K)

>Just dodge her attacks you whiny cunt. You dont have to spam.
The fastest and most effective way to beat her is to go completely ham with attacks and spam dodge to stun lock her

You mean the lotus version? Was pretty easy.

>That aside, where the fuck were the firecrackers?
You buy them from either of the crow guys that you can find up to that point, 500 dollarydoos for the tool

Oh my fuck, I completely forgot about that item after buying other shit. Well shit, thanks for the reminder user.

Anyone else find the game really boring compared to DaS/BB? The game feels very repetitive to me, both the environments and the combat.

Exact opposite for me, love the environments and the combat is a lot more engaging. I don't know how long you've been playing but for me it took a fair few hours for the game to really click.

Block her every attack, and follow up with attacks untill she will parry you. Repeat. First stage is easily beatable without taking any damage if you follow this pattern.

There's people who unironically died to the horse boss?

Its not immediately obvious that you can grapple him to be fair, he's trivial once you realize that

This was the first boss I did. Killed the old cunt after 6 hours. Got so good by the end that she didn't even touch me and the normal enemies are bitches now

Post yfw realizedDemon of Hatred is actually the Sculptor.
He became Shura, after all.

Attached: 1471307321857.png (600x229, 62K)

I haven't played very much. I just got to the butterfly lady and fought her once. I dont know, there's just something off about it for me. I play for 30 minutes and just want to go do something else. Not saying the game is bad, it's just missing something for me.

An I the only one who just dodged everything and didn't parry anything? Didn't help that I went on with 1 attack power so I was barely scratching her

Is the shinobi axe in the Hirate Estate memory? Just a simple yes or no because I have been looking everywhere even though I have beaten the area a long time ago.

The game has 3 standout flaws, in descending order.

>Can only equip one combat art at a time
Really fucking lame and there is no excuse for this other than them wanting to keep the button layout simple. The game would be significantly cooler if you had all the moves at your disposal or could map several of them like Nioh

>Regular enemies go down in less than 5 seconds.
Since it wanted to be a mixture between Tenchu and Action Games slapped on the Souls formula, regular enemies are in this weird place where they are easy to dispatch with stealth thanks to the bare bones AI and quick to dispatch when in combat.

>Bosses are actually very exploitable
The bosses and minibosses are the best part of the game in my opinion but the more you play or see others play the more you realize that they made the rules a lot easier to bend and suddenly you find out that instead of dealing with the bosses cool moveset you could have just been mashing R1 and keeping it in an AI loop or interrupting every single move with firecrackers and not letting the boss do anything

All things aside though the game turned out a lot better than i was expecting. I'd say it's pretty good and unquestionably the best thing From has done.

Attached: Pic not related.jpg (2470x4000, 2.7M)

yes

I beat her first try as well. I stayed locked on and ran dodging her attacks until she was open. Played a little too safe I think but it worked.

>40 hours a week
Yeah?

Beat her first try.
Fucking Kino boss fight.

Attached: 20190325114651_1.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

How many endings are there? I got the Return ending, is that the good ending?

>about to kill her 2nd phase
she fucking changes tactics and stops doing the jump rush and just runs at me nonstop
>mfw

Attached: njbegr8olawz.jpg (1080x1080, 107K)

is it in the flaming area?

This boss made me realize that the camera is fucking dogshit in this game and that being near a wall will kill you more often than anything else because apparently they're using the camera from fucking super mario 64 in this game

There are two bandits that you can eavesdrop on standing right in front of a shrine

fuck

>do an aggressive play, her move set is easy to deflect, and don't let her recover her posture.
>dash/jump away when she does unblockable attacks
>throw shuriken at her when she leap through air, this stagger her posture greatly
>use your anti-illusion item when she summoned her illusions

You have to get to it from the other side. Jump off the shinobi hunter bridge and look for a way to grapple up to that side of the cliff

you gotta get the mikiri counter, it makes him and all spear enemies real easy

Jump over the bamboo gate (to the right of the house the thief is looking at), the path through the bamboo is fairly obvious.

will be rough in boss fights because most of the time you want to posture-kill them instead of depleting their health

I played half the game like that and hit a wall eventually. Learned the game, started over and now I'm over halfway through the game in 5 hours with 0 deaths

>Final boss straight up instakills you from full health if you fail any of the counters
this boss is going to give me a fucking ulcer
nothing in this game has made me madder than this piece of shit and his worthless first form that only exists to kill you 5% of the time and put you on permanent tilt.

Attached: 1373696241617.jpg (682x896, 104K)

Which final boss?

shitbag zombie grandpa

It's literally just a spazzier Bulldrome, which was already a pretty basic bitch enemy type to begin with. Only instead of charge, gore, turn, it's mostly charge whilst turning. Which isn't much of an improvement.

The arena is so fuck huge that you can just back away and leave him flailing around like a retard. It does make the boss fight look like shit though.

>get to the spear boss
>stupid mikari parry doesn't actually do shit and you can't punish the attack since he just shrugs you away

Attached: grumpy-old-man-19577484.jpg (360x450, 45K)

The worst part is that he has a million mooks next to where you fight him so its fucking obnoxious getting the area ready for another try

>moonlight greatsword
Truly a masterpiece. I came buckets when I saw that.

Where can I find the merchant who sold that umbrella hat shield in the Sekujo temple?

Does Genichiro have any major weaknesses or do I have to parry most of his shit?

Parry him after a jump attacks he thrusts 80% of the time so be ready to dash into him and hit him to force into doing a basic attack that's easily parried and for the third phase when you see lightning just jump and spam attacks.

This. I basically sprinted that whole fight to bait and punish with double ichimonji and drill spear. Blocking was too sketch

>all these people beating her and Genichiro first try
I find this so hard to believe. They felt like the "learn the game here or give up" boss. The game became so much easier for me after beating Genichiro.

He should be next to the crying monk if you did the kite puzzle he's next to the idol in the cave.

So i just beat Genichiro and i unlocked the idol at the top, is this the point of no return?

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

What do you mean the point of no return ? For the next couple of hours you're just going to collect ingredients for the kid.

Thanks, yeah I had done the temple area already before finding him the first time.

Spam R1 and spam L1 when he spams R1. Won't even get to see half of his moveset this way.

Head this game has some points of no return on some corrupted monks or some shit

*perilous attacks you during your dodge button press*
Seriously, all this boss fight taught me is that I'm dumb and persistent.

Remember in the second phase of the figh that the first move he always does is the thrusting perilous attack. You'll be able to stomp on his little gay ass sword every time.

Oh at one point the castle gets attacked but it should happen After you go get the stone ingredient for the kid so not the temple area.

Idk why Fromsoft doesnt have a fucking boss rush once you beat these games. I dont want to fucking go through the entire game again just to fight the final boss.

What's the best way to deal with the damn apes? Especially the guardian's leap grab, considering you can't dodge it with a backstep or a jump

Attached: 1467604251611.jpg (824x1100, 131K)

>guardian's leap grab

The what?

Grab one of the trees or (don't know if the works because I just decided to tank them) get behind by rolling under.

Just run around until he leaves himself open and stab. Rinse repeat.

The one where he jumps and rolls into you grabbing you

I honestly don't know what attack you are even talking about. Is it the one where he slides the hand on the ground to catch you?

He has 2 grab attacks so no the other one.

youtu.be/IIS-ZtyO1_Q?t=156
found it. He usually does it to me after doing the first grab

Just beat Genichiro and there's a billion places to go. There's that abandoned dungeon, the depths with someone sniping me, some cliff area with these bandaged people, a pretty area with kung fu monks, and some snowy area but it seemed like a dead end.
What the fuck do I do? I think the story wants me to go to the area with the monks but should I stop by anywhere else first?

even DSP beat her user

are you worse than DSP?

I had to look up footage of it but it's just a really long telegraphed grab user. The warning pops 2 seconds before he even begins the attack and it will not connect for like 2 seconds more. You can just strafe sideways and dodge

piss easy due to a smaller space, jsut sit on its ass and it'll never hit you

Not hum, but I was the same and then it clicked during Butterfly fight, she was my first boss and I've wasted a hour and a half trying to play it like DS and then I had an epiphany and wrecked her ass. Been wanting to play non-stop since, but can't due to irl shit.
when Wolf said "Forgive me, Lady Butterfly" and stabbed her I came

You need the mortal blade in the temple and the stone in the dungeon so just choose one the dungeon area is a bit easier but one mini boss is a bitch meanwhile the temple has mostly basic enemies

inconsistant doing that, he'll sometimes do the trademark fromsoft lock-on turn midair

found it more consistant running under the grab, but even then he'll sometimes just 180 turn around midair

I already beat that guy but no he dives into you it's chained ogre levels of retarded

>he watches DSP
You're not in any position to be making fun of anyone

Took me about 10 tries. Get the ashina esoteric skill book and get the combat art from it. Whenever she starts a combo dodge back and do the combat art. Does massive posture damage and will usually get through and stun her. Also just run around the room during the illusions and hide behind a pillar when she kills them. I really didn't get how people are hard stuck on her.

Owl and Genichiro are kino boss fights desu

>use a fire resistance potion
>parry all his heavily telephoned attacks
>hit his face
I beat him in under 30 seconds.

>it's chained ogre levels of retarded

So piss easy and not retarded at all, got you.

You are just doing it wrong. I didn't even register that this attack existed until now, it's a non issue

Not him but I'm probably worse than DSP. Not sure how anyone could beat her in so few tries. She always gets me with a perilous strike but when I see others fight her, I notice that she never does it. I must be doing something extra retarded.

Dodge to the right, attack twice, dodge to the right, attack twice....

Just try it, ezpz

Attached: CF86D762-98C7-41C0-A40C-0F1AA468160B.jpg (436x536, 51K)

sometimes weird AI occurs and she goes full retard

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 06.40.28.72.jpg (2560x1440, 548K)

>not going blade to blade with your former teacher and parrying all her attacks
Dishonorabre

Seriously, how do you beat this guy?
The stupid spear parry doesn't do anything

you can cheese her by doing 2 attacks then evading to a side and immediately repeating the process
kinda feel bad for doing it

Attached: D2f204aUcAAVa-P.jpg (992x1403, 146K)

What spear boss?

Seven Spears Ashina
The spear counter doesn't do shit and if I try to follow it up with an attack he turns my cock into a kebab

I've gotten him close by starting with a sneak attack from inside the building behind him and lighting him on fire, but that only gets the battle so far and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get close and do damage to him

Attached: firefox_2019-03-25_10-31-51.png (903x511, 763K)

>How do you best fight the huge man-babies?
Add a female or black lead character.

Oh that's not a boss noob.
>The spear counter doesn't do shit
If you say so...

you don't need to watch DSP to know he beat the boss retard especially since DSP is constantly paraded around here

I step on it but he just shrugs me off

You're doing damage to his posture.

It doesnt do shit tho. You step on the spear, they put it back up making distance betwen you and them not even granting a free hit or anything compared to just dodging total fucking scam

>cleric beast again
brava B team

How does it feel knowing you're part of the reason why that retarded faggot can still make a living by scamming children?

Mikiri his shit until he attacks afterwards then deflect. It's easy.

Lock onto him doing it and dodge into him and to the left

It does a lot of posture damage and you can do it over and over again since most of his move are thrust attacks.

>sometimes weird AI occurs

Attached: 8cd34c5e39f04d808ecea432e0e89cdb.jpg (770x524, 66K)

It fucking doesnt tho

Any good place to farm skill points? Just killed the true monk

>farming skill points

Attached: 1548229933286.gif (200x178, 512K)

Hit twice, side dodge + attack. Repeat this and block/parry when necessary.

Also, when she uses an unblockable just jump out of the way.

you're in for a rough time if you're already acting like this bro

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 05.35.57.48.jpg (2560x1440, 413K)

Fun fact: Mikari parry is fucking retarded bullshit and its a god damned meme
I get hit half the time cause this game is fucking retarded, and I'd get just as much fucking posture damage AND some actual damage if I just sidestepped and stabbed him in the ass and basically you're all retards and I'm smarter than all of you

They home in on you and you can mikiri before the attack even comes out.

you're a meme

>there is mikari that you can parry with b and forward stick
>there is one where you need to double jump and attack
>tfw brain is too retarded for the jump one

Attached: 1526897929575.png (560x612, 199K)

Of course not, I don't play games for fun, I just play them to conform to autistic meta and minmax the shit out of it

There's another tougher version of the spear mini boss that you'll have a harder time to win if you don't abuse the mikiri counter.
Also you can always do a follow up attack even if he steps back by using the shuriken into forward slash move.

The parry is his mechanic. He will do the spear attack then he will follow up with another attack. You need to dodge into the spear then block the 2nd attack and he will fall on his knees, letting you get a few hits in,. This is different from most bosses so its basically his gimmick

It's good because it has 2000 years of active frames.

mikiri is only dashing into thrust attacks
sweep attacks are countered by jumping and then face-kicking for maximum posture damage
its just double tapping A user

That's the sign for danger, kinda like a spider sense. If only more people learnt to read the tutorials pop-ups instead of skipping.

Yeah, luring him away from the group is a must but fighting him on his own is super fun

>Always instinctively jump back against sweeping attack so I can never do the head kick move
I feel you, man.

You can level up before doing her (vitality and attack) if you go main route further

Who the fuck thought shichimen warrior was a good idea. What a fucking shit fight.

Am I supposed to homeward out or can you actually kill this snek?

Attached: 20190325145818_1.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

I boned outta there

Am I the only one who beat this game like it was Bloodborne? Did nothing but offlock dodging behind the enemy and maintaining constant aggression while parrying only when necessary

>Sweeps and stabs both have red text
My only real complaint. The animations on a lot of these attacks are very similar and you can have enemies do either sometimes from the same combo.

Nvm I just found a grappling point

did anyone else know the demon fight is optional? feels odd to make a fight like that optional

Yeah it really is a trash fight

Why odd? He's the worst boss and does not fit in this game.

What do you mean by demon fight ?
The headless ?

Based. i've been juggling uni work, work, family and GF around vidya. Still make time for it and I enjoy it too.

Attached: 1553037684800.jpg (500x454, 140K)

Miyazaki doesn't care. If you speak Japanese, you know what the symbols mean. Time to man up and learn which symbol is thrust and which is grab or sweep.

lmao

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>everytime i use my prosthetic tools i remember one spirit thingy is 50sen

they are so fucking expensive come lategame. how do i even farm them?

Fuck you nigger.

>He rang the bell
>complaining that bosses are too hard
Your own fault dum dum

*puts in her VHS recording of Coronation Street*

she does remind me of my nan

Attached: 04F1DAA3-47E3-4F37-8601-2EAF8F84F71A.jpg (646x687, 69K)

You use the spear parry and then block his consecutive attack (usually a swipe) which throws him to the ground giving you free hits. Then just rinse and repeat until his posture goes up and kill him. You can also get a free sneak attack on him to take off his first bar.

You faggots need to adapt more, I got my shit pushed in 3 times and then when I realised this, I breezed through him

Attached: 20190325143454_1.jpg (1920x1080, 724K)

second last boss not going to use full name since it's spoilers

he's enjoyable if you stop playing the game like sekiro and more like dark souls, since it's clear he was made to be fought like it.

Don’t play it like dark souls, be hyper aggressive and parry after she parries you. Also you don’t need to kill the apparitions, just kite them into a corner and when she turns them into light run to the opposite side of the room and hide behind a pillar

Hes unironically harder than Lady butterfly, wtf were they thinking

The counter does damage to posture insted and you should only try to counter it when he does the spin animation with the spear

spin animation > block it > mash b to counter it

Thats all there is to it, otherwise you just dodge and move behind him. Also you can cheese it by stabbing him in the back at the start of the fight. It is a bit annoying to clean the mobs around him though when you die. Took me like 9+- tries

Why doesn't this shit game have borderless fullscreen? Why can't from ever make a decent pc port?

Sekiro abuses the "YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER BUT I HAVE ANOTHER FORM LMAO" thing far too much. Like half the bosses in the game do it and it feels a lot less surprising or special.

They all say "danger," 危. There's no distinction.

you know you can sneak past them right

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 04.32.05.83.jpg (2560x1440, 430K)

>whining about borderless fullscreen when tools like SRWE exist
retard

>dude just play him like Dark Souls
awful boss and his hitbox on his attacks is complete bugged when you try to parry.

>60 fps lock
>"Hm yeah we uhm, hm"
>No borderless fullscreen
>"Yeah, y'know we just don't really..."
>No native DS4 support
>"Yeah, we don't know what we're doing."

Oh god damn it, has Phil gotten gud or is Yea Forums THAT shit?

Sure you can, but I wanted to play it safe since one time the mobs at the stairs noticed the fight and joined, and i dint wanted to annoyed by them again so i just killed them, good level grind though at least

>SRWE
Never heard of it. I use borderless gaming.

based moonruner bringing truth

Why are you fighting him on the stairs? Just kill him up top.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 01.56.07.34.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

ahk also works. saying a port is bad because it lacks that option is going full retard. it's like saying a port is bad because you can't alt+f4 it.

>unlock fps
>force borderless
>ds4 prompts
ok done

>work 40 hours a week like every other man in existence who's not a nigger
Very impressive user but where's your pregnant wife?
All your free time is your own, but that's not the case when you have a pregnant wife.

I should add that being able to work around this with 3rd party software is not an excuse for not having standard pc options in 2019.

user, that is bad. Also, see this post:

Oh I already killed him user, the reason why i sometimes ended on stairs was I panicked and had to back up more and such. Like I said, you can do that by sneaking by and dont bother with mobs, but I just wanted to be safe. Also is this a sword mod? Didnt think that there were other weapons

Classy

So does anyone have a list of all the hidden prayer beads? I know there are supposed to be a bunch underwater at places.

I can’t wait until people get to LMAO 2ape

user I work +160 hours a month, also as a cabinetmaker, I make like 500 bucks a month and I still find time for gaming. But truth to be told I do not have a social life outside of internet though but yes

>finally face the infamous "butterfly"
>oh shit
>intense fight
>hold my own well
>deathblow

hah, not that bad really...

>part 2
>WHAT
>illusions

I was ready for this! NOW!

>USES SNAP SEED
>one illusion disappears
>what the fuck
>granny hypercombo
>dead

Confused.

fkn retard. once she goes on the strings just walk into her so you end up below/behind her. most of the times she will go back down and you haver her ack for free hit and if she doesnt but does the grab you can literall side crawl it its that easy

It's literally never been standard.

DS4 works.

Or just shuriken her for free posture and hp dmg.

The snap seed clears a small area around you the best way to deal with the illusions is to stop her form casting it in the first place.

Literally killed him on the first try. Sneak attack, couple of Mikiri's, and he's down.

Is the second phrase more or less the same, but with illusions and a new move or two?

Yes she can cast he illusion spell and has some kind of homing missiles remember to throw shurikens when she jumps.

I have to say after beating lady butterfly, I started to enjoy the game. Its mostly because she teached me a lesson after beating my ass for +20 times. I never bothered to parry and insted I tried to do the dodge and such. Only after I forced myself to learn how to parry in this game and time my dodge, it became more enjoyable

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Friendly reminder that when she does the aoe attack on the ground that spawns the danger symbor, you can just jump on her and damage her posture

no clue, he was sitting near hidden forest idol, talked to him
he said "no more shamisen, you killed her!" maybe because I killed her without talking to her?

Is Lady Butterfly even a required boss? She was the first one I fought but after beating genochiro I can’t even recall a reason for going through the memory other than picking up prosthetics

No matter what you do she fights you and he was clearly being hypnotized or something.

You mean the double jump attack where you kick?

I'm pretty sure Hirata is entirely optional.

third revive circle.

>wow they are reusing that ape again
>he's already in his second phase which was way easier
>mfw another ape shows up
>mfw I just got LMAO 2APE'D
How the fuck do you deal with this?

Attached: 1537339969217.jpg (242x442, 34K)

They look nothing the same and you have seconds between the telegraph and the attack. Get better reflexes and eye coordination, this is not Simon Says.

Attached: Genshin AOE.webm (900x506, 2.48M)

Completely forgot where i got that item, but i guess that means it is optional

How much harder does the game get once night falls? Should I go ahead and clear out the areas before it happens?

Hirata is optional but you get good exp and 3 really useful prosthetics out of it. It's also good training. I'm almost certain they added it because people were hitting a wall at ogre/general/horseman

The one where she charges forwards and does a little spin with her blades

Attached: 321312.png (1276x674, 706K)

Run around and charge fireblast the female monkey

>It's literally never been standard.
It is the current and expected standard.

>DS4 works.
As an xbox controller.

The firecrackers will still work on the brown ape so try to find an opening and use that.I would recommend killing the brown one first

Kill diddykong first it has only one small hp bar the trick is not getting buttfucked by donkeykong while doing it

So what does exactly ringing the bell do? I heard it makes game harder but you gain more exp and loot? If i ring it, can I ring it again to make game normal again or how does it work?

Yeah you opt into hardmode for better drops

You'll obtain an item that you can consume to revert the change

I have been avoiding this headless vodoo zombie shaman shit because i don't have much divine confetti, where i can get this shit?

Attached: 2838523985.jpg (602x800, 69K)

apparently it doubles item drops but you take like 10% more damage
This does turn certain boss attacks into 1 hit kills though, so be prepared to be way more frustrated

Try to get the headless one to use one of it's longer animations like the scream or the jump attack the brown ape has a long combo that drains half of it's posture

Mada mada koi inu yo.

>get him down to second execution
>press jump instead
>execution times out
>he kills me

You can farm confettis from those blue robed guys in tower. Antechamber checpoint if I remember right

Which idol is that? He goes to the idol that's right next to her fight.

Is there some kind of of trick to timing parries? I swear I’m pressing LB the instant before the enemy makes contact, but I still get hit. The only way I can get semi consistent parries is to double tap LB when my opponent starts to swing. But it doesn’t feel like Im reacting to my opponent when I do it. It feels like I’m guessing, if that makes sense.

So what was the fucking point of this Dragonrot when it doesn't even matter for the endings

Attached: 1538423458478.jpg (487x496, 102K)

I think you hold LB when the enemy almost hits you then it counts as a parry

World building

hm, he didn't for me, he stayed at fog forest, maybe I should've rested

damn purple dude fell in the water but didnt die for some reason and started attacking me in the water

Attached: 1552278257092.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

>illusions become homing beams

Can you at least out run the beams?

How is /ourstreamer/ DSP doing for now?

Attached: 214141241.jpg (480x480, 22K)

spear guy was chasing me while i aggroed the mini boss by accident and they started fighting
the spear guy wrecked the miniboss so hard

Attached: 1530754302372.png (1920x1080, 3.8M)

This is what I mean with the spin, also all you have to do in this fight is to parry and parry only. There is no reason to attack that often because when you parry her posture goes up rapidly. Also no reason to even bother with illusions, just run away and hide behind a pillar

Attached: 2019-03-25 16-44-47.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

Fuck these guys.

It's to make bad players worry.

Underwater was done so well. Swimming hasn't been this fun since Majoras Mask.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 00.29.19.58.jpg (2560x1440, 247K)

>just parry, don't attack

So this is what people meant by learning to parry. Will try it out.

>swim under water

oh fuck, I did not realize you could dive
how much have I missed

Ye, I just ran around like an asshole until she turned her ghosts into butterflies and they all missed, then it was back to fighting her as usual

Well not much, you need to beat a boss first, after that you learn how to swim/dive

*uses red shield*
Nothing personal Orangutan

You get diving later in the game

You can interrupt her first spirit summoning by simply waiting where she's going to land on the second phase and start wailing on her.

I beat her as my second boss without a snap seed and only 2 estuses. Also under 15 tries

Attached: 1488131000513.jpg (462x500, 46K)

>mfw players think I'm dead after one health bar

Attached: LUL.png (1448x826, 2.01M)

You can tell from was really testing the waters with that new mechanic for their future games

>have you see toshi yakamoto
>no
>draws sword
>say nothing
>draws sword

>run past her instead
>don't ignore me, draws sword

ahem, fuck ghosts.

>couldn't beat butterfly tonight

Will try again tomorrow. Seems doable.

wish I didn't have to kill her. That was my waifu.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 22.51.34.33.jpg (2560x1440, 755K)

>mfw the sakura bull runs away like a bitch and recovers to max health

Attached: 1551729476648.png (674x960, 462K)

Lady Butterfly lewds when?

i don't wanna kill obasan

I killed the horsy boss and got a barrel for my prostethic arm but I can't upgrade at the sculptor, all he has is three lines of dialog in his menu. Is this a bug?

Fucking this. I beat her on my third try just by being aggressive and parrying her shit.

>Yes, yes, well done young wolf. But how will you deal with my...ILLUSIONS!? HAHAHAHAHA
>Oh Shit!
>some slow ass moving mobs spawn
>run laps around the arena for 40 seconds
>M-MASAKA! Impressive! :O

That's it? That's the illusions? That phase might as well not exist, just give her 2 health pips and throw more butterfly shurikens. Also i liked her more when she was young and had purple hair.

Attached: Snatch every motherfucker birthday.webm (900x506, 2.88M)

You need to have 3 prosthetics atleast
Go clear Hirata estate

Ugh, it's bloodborne all over again

Attached: BRAVO MIYAZAKI.jpg (1920x1080, 480K)

>she always gets me with perilous strike
Youre supposed to jump.

Can you talk to him? I regret leaping on him with the intent to kill.

No idea what you're post is implying btw

>jump to avoid her very telegraphed low red move
>just casually mash my model into hers and even take damage instead of dealing posture damage
t-thanks game, managed to beat her anyway after a good 5 or so attempts.

>Can you talk to him?
Nope, japanese aliums don't talk to you.

>there's a sign that says to turn back from the headless guys
>get into a dark cave
>there's some spooky guy with a glowing sword
am I not supposed to be there yet? it feels ominous.

>tfw this relentless offense playstyle is more annoying and stressful than fun
Why does FROM literally hate people that like to play defensively?

Attached: 1484290780526.jpg (599x416, 23K)

How to beat beat lady butterfly:

Step 1. Hit
Step 2. Dodge to the side
Step 3. Do the dodge attack.
Step 4. Repeat.

Works in phase 2 too.

I don't think this semen slurping corrupted monk fight is for me

can you send anayama someone other than kotaro? there was an eavesdrop where an enemy soldier said something about not getting paid

nipponese folded over 1000 times dragonscales makes you ayylmaos
which also gives you the WORST equivalent of frenzy
enfeeble makes your THREE revives useless, you become an old fucking man with katana as a cane and you cannot do shit
meanwhile the ayylmaos run at machspeed to grab you

Attached: 1553353146625.jpg (400x400, 42K)

? But you've had 4 games (four) where playing defensively is the meta. Let others have some fun faggot stop being a fucking bitch

>pop UNGA yashakiri candy
>pop BUNGA divine confetti
>ready firecrackers
>firecrackers into R1, stab into another r1 then repeat
ez

>? But you've had 4 games (four) where playing defensively is the meta.
Poise was literally disabled for like a year in Dark Souls 3 because FROM was REEEEEEEEing so hard at people like me, I played through that entire retarded game wondering why even though I put all of my stats towards being as tanky as possible every little hit still staggered me and fucked me up

>tfw beat le cave monke first try

Attached: 1517495839000.gif (420x244, 80K)

You guys know Sakuza is the nigger samurai right?
You get a pretty bittersweet ending for both of them if you follow the questline

>Not parrying all her shit non stop
Corrupted monk is almost as Kino as Genichiro.

Questline NPCs won't progress their respective quest nor will they change places if they're on tuberculosis
you do know this, right Yea Forums?

Defense was only the meta in Demons Souls and Dark Souls back when From had a vision for their games and weren't just pandering to the "HURR HARDEST GAME EVAR" meme, Dark Souls 2, 3 and Bloodborne are full of bullshit cancer because From got autistic about people using shields instead of rolling around like a fucking retard like they wanted

I feel like the levels are TOO open-ended this time. I can't even remember all those paths I didn't go down.

I turned him into a zombie, no wonder his waifu is a ghost.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 01.16.50.99.jpg (2560x1440, 786K)

it's a shit fight.
>almost beat her once
>jump off bridge last second dodging gay swipe

To add to this, parrying and rolling around like a retard has always been the most effective way to play, the issue is more that FROM gets pissed off that anyone would want to play any other way and continues to shit all over that playstyle, culminating in a game like Sekiro where its not even an option and you have to fight bosses exactly how they want you to

they aren't open ended though, they're all corridors

There is nothing felt better than lighting parry in the game, NONE.

makes me mad as fuck everytime she calls me a puppy

pussy gamers

These are the people you argue with on Yea Forums

Remember that

Attached: 1545063162878.jpg (285x337, 29K)

boy you're in for a treat for the last couple of final bosses
>mfw jumping to get the lightning, get whiffed an attack that only made me jump upwards to catch an even BIGGER lightning
>mfw reversing it

Attached: 1459524441388.jpg (250x177, 13K)

Do i need superhuman reflexes and a godlike reaction-time before playing this?

I just don't think rushdown is fun, it used to be one of many potential playstyles and it just happened to be the one I find the least enjoyable.
Sekiro isn't bad, but I really wish FROM would stop acting like I'm playing their games wrong by either punishing or removing the mechanics that I really liked

M A D A
A
D
A
KOI I N U WA

Yeah yeah everything boils down to corridors eventually like all games

doesn't the grapple icon show up on him though?

Sekiro is a dance, and it takes two to tango. Be as relentless as the boss and you'll get into the rhythm of attack, attack, attack, parry, parry, attack, and so on. The fights feel ten times more satisfying that way.

It's a really really cool mechanic and something that is actually unique to this game as far as i know.

I had no idea thats what it was at first, you had never been able to grapple an enemy before so it didn't occur to me right away that I was able to do that

Is it possible to get inside that little room where the scientists are in the abandoned dungeon?

Awww somebody's mad Yao-chan wiped the floor with him.

Glowing red symbol = stop what you’re doing and react
God you people are shit

heh, ez, I was only joking earlier when I said it was hard (^:
Now I can start telling people I beat him on my second try

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_12-44-33.png (1051x683, 1.57M)

No
It's how you get them

I'm not mad, I admit she stomped me for a bunch of tries but I've been up all night so that's my excuse. The other one was easy, I'm just tired.

Mechanically speaking it's just a bad fight, it's just about parrying and little else. You don't have a lot of strats you can use unlike against Genichiro or whoever else.

No you can spam the parry button.

you're like 200 miles from where he should be, you shitter

Honestly there shouldn't even be a warning it makes it too easy.

I actually beat him about 1 hour ago that's why I said, But holy fuck his second phase is not fun at all.

Lady butterfly wasn't even that bad as far as bosses in these kind of games go.

Really, the whole game is learning when you should parry and when you should attack. Attack until she deflects you, then block and counter attack the minute she recoils, repeat. If she jumps on a wire, shuriken the moment she leaps off of it.

Why the fuck would I fight him on that tiny stair case when I just spent 5 minutes stealth killing 15 mooks so I could use the entire area to fight him?

>Find diffiicult boss
>Better throw myself at him over and over until I ragequit instead of going somewhere else in the game and come back when I am more powerful

>...You taught me well...
>That's...My Boy...

Attached: 1537659339128.png (588x580, 465K)

>no trying till you git gud
based retard

Attached: 1545939156550.jpg (250x250, 12K)

It's pretty obvious you are supposed to do the monk area first since you miss out on the monk if you defeat Genichiro first.

More like why would you leave the plataeu he was on?

So how many the optional bosses are available before you take Genichiro In Ashina Castle? I dont want to miss anything.

So I didn't accidentally jump off while avoiding his attacks

>Shinobi hunter is ha-
youtube.com/watch?v=S05P8OmxsSI

>talk to cool ninja in the well
>he calls me a pussy and then turns around and kills me

Attached: 1487234123421.jpg (960x729, 80K)

>He thinks Genichiro is the last boss
Lmao
You won't get cut out of content. Not even close.

You aren't at the point of no return until you sword fight a fucking Dragon - who is a tree - with lightning bolts.

>having to talk to the boss and skip the cutscene every time after a death

brilliant game design

>lone shadow vilehand
>isn't alone
Bravo. How the fuck do I kill these faggots

you're a shit shinobi...

So after beating this woman, who stabs Wolf through the chest?
Is it
1. Owl?
2. Genichiro?
3. Butterfly herself, because you only beat and illusion?
4. A random bandit?
5. Someone else entirely?

Yeah, this is my only gripe desu

>it's another obviously came from souls dodging and spamming attacks instead of perfect parrying episode
not impressed

Wait, what?

>dodge
>r1
>dodge
>r1
>dodge
>r1
>dodge
>r1
>dodge
>r1
>dodge
>r1
Heh, nothinn personnel granny

go from antechamber to the dojo idol
from there you can backstab the one purple naruto with him
protip: puppeteer

play the game m8, one of the endings answer that for ya

He's a game journalist. He doesn't like anything resembling a challenge.

nah, just tell me

>Mist Raven tool can nullify unblockable attacks
Oh baby I'm gonna have fun with this in NG+ since I didn't find it until near the end of the game

Attached: 1544823749743.png (436x414, 302K)

How the fuck do I beat Lone Shadow Vilehand, jesus fucking christ why do there have to be two of them.

it's another episode of your dad is Vergil and he's out for POWER

I didnt think that He was the last boss. I just heard that after certain bosses the game world progresses forward in time. I didnt wanna miss something before beating him.

It's owl

Owl

The one beside him is literally a normal mob
backstab him from the Ashina Dojo idol, then you deal with 2 bar vilehand
familiarize yourself with parrying his kicks and his auto-kick thrust, and he's a posture nigga no more

>dodge left - > R1
>repeat until dead
Yea Forums is so fucking bad at video games, holy fuck

Chill, the only sequence that would progress the game significantly is if you kill the corrupted monk, then later after returning from notheaven

Who did you send to the shady guy in the dungeon?
i don't want to send anyone so should i just kill him?
i think i'm at the end of the game
at the mist place
how much do i have left?

All you fucks who whined about dark souls 2 world design can fuck right off now. How does the flippable door in the shrine take you to the top of ashins castle?

Butterfly is easy
wait till you get to the ape

Nonja magic

Ape is easy you just deflect his overhead swing and get plenty hits in. Just dont be greedy or too aggressive

It's not the same door. Fade to black just masks the actual escape route.

>, it's just about parrying and little else
Corrupted monk can be beaten without parrying once, she's good because unlike a lot of other shit you can beat her however you want, especially since her posture is weak.

Dark Souls 2 has shit level design on top of shit world design. Sekiro is much more easy to accept in this regard.

and drangleic is a magical kingdom

How the fuck do you deal with Shichimen Warrior?

No fucking escape route extends that far, theres no room in the castle for it to descend down anyway

Ape is easy
wait till you get to the Demon of Hatred

UMBRELLA

At least the areas are more diverse thsn dark souls 3 which is literally just scaling castle ramparts and swamps

Confetti

Any tips with the Seven Spears Ashina dude?
I can mikiri counter him fairly easily but unlike other enemies he's put at a distance after executing it and pretty much recovers his posture immediately. Also he blocks everything so I can't wittle his health down to slow his posture regen.

pls

what are your 3 favorite hunters tools i mean shinobi tools?

How do you do the puppeteer? It always creates smoke instead.

"""Area Diversity™""" (aka slight texture and fauna change) honestly doesn't mean shit. Bloodborne and Sekiro have little area diversity compared to the other entries, but this just makes them feel more coherent to me. I hate when game just start checking off generic fantasy levels and nothing takes me out of a game more than stepping over some invisible threshold into "desert world" or "snow palace" or some shit like you're trudging through some weird Frankenstein world. It least games like Diablo 2 had the decency to make them separate acts travelled across distances.

>None of the monks' combat arts are even remotely good
What a waste of levels, they look flashy and that's about it, worse than normal attacks too.
Get the purple umbrella and loads of confetti.

Sabi, firecrackers and shuriken

Equip it.

2ape has almost no health/posture.
my.mixtape.moe/bcbyzj.webm

shurkiken
Great combustion
and spear

>stop spamming and just let it go
>attack, attack, dodge and slash, repeat
>finally beat her
>know its just going to get more tedious

Attached: IMG_2304.jpg (500x751, 54K)

what about ninjusto and battle art thing?

Anyone got webms of the mushin tree arts?

how do you even use the temple arts?

>people keep complaining about the bull
>reach it and beat it easily
>go look at videos of people fighting it online
>they stand in front of it and try to parry it

Are the people complaining about the bull literal retards?

shuriken
firecracker
axe
all of em's gucci

>distance
shuriken then r1 to activate the distance closer skill then wail on him again

yashakiri-confetti-pacifying
protip: mist raven completely nullifies his kamehameha
also RUN and stab his ass, his cast is canceled when you do enough damage so no big bubble of terrors

what are the firecrackers even good for?

>newfags complain about chained ogre
>boot freshly bought Sekiro
>get to ogre
>just treat it like a regular Souls / BB boss and absolutely buttfuck it
Yea Forums is retarded as usual, huh

You have probably 3 heals and 2 lives so its more like 6 mistakes

he's easy what do you mean

Get the scroll from the pathway near the main hall, left of daisoujou, it's a fairly linear path so it's hard to miss.

>Any tips with the Seven Spears Ashina dude?
Start with sneak attack, then follow up with axe flip.
Mikiri counter all of his thrusts, then be ready to parry again, if he doesn't attack right away keep up the pressure with the axe, don't let up and he goes down pretty quick.
I was bitching about him earlier in the thread too, he goes down pretty quickly you just have to keep up the pressure

I have no idea what the two red markers at the bottom left of the screen mean. Also, what does the dragon rot even do?

tfw i can't deicde if i like sekino or kinoborne better
sekiro feels just like playing bloodborne for the first time again

>what are the firecrackers even good for?
Staggering 99% of the enemies in the game.

Stunning everything?

>You have probably 3 heals and 2 lives so its more like 6 mistakes
I activated hard mode so her grapple and sweep always one shotted me, two mistakes still isn't great, either way I beat her without taking any hits earlier

it literally stuns 90% of enemies in the game
even some apparitions
makes corrupted monks an instant delete 1 healthbar with all charges of it

Instakill him with the anti-air execution

I'm a shitter who struggled with BB and DS1, yet I'm having blast with this game. I just got past the first boss, and the game is super fun and managable if you play agressively with parrys. This might be the first soulsborne game that I beat.
I don't understand the hate for this game

Attached: 1538524387870.jpg (259x194, 10K)

aren't they barefisted techniques?

How the fuck do I beat sword saint Isshin
I'm too slow

wait really? even the big enemies like apes? i'v been using the normal fire

I FINALLY BEAT GENICHIRO

Attached: 1534900333647.jpg (602x481, 47K)

how far in the game is mist valley?
and when do i get to kill that faggot snake?

perfect parries
learning patterns
the fact that you can get a free stab after his iaido straight line or cross
the fact that he always thrusts after kicking sequence

yah, i think iam done.
there is now way i am beating the fuckbird.

1/2 assuming you did every other miniboss and sidequests

holy shit you mean i'm only half done? i did everything else
just killed the headless monkey
i thought the game was almost over
guess this will be longer than the others

What's the name of the generic miniboss theme

You could grapple the chained ogre before which made that boss a lot easier too.

Yeah but like why does the vile hand fight have a fucking regular enemy in the room with him?
How the fuck do I even kill him

not true, they both accomplish the same thing. if you deplete vitality, it also opens up deathblow.

who here /savescum/ i hate farming to much not to

How do you lightning parry?

>confetti fucking shreds him like it's nothing
What the fuck
Thanks.

can you miss or overide battle memorys and necklaces?

Okay nvm I snuck and backstabbed the regular enemy and took control of him and raped the boss

if you do the true ending anyway

Are you about to get gangraped? FIRECRACKERS!

It's great
2nd phase was easier though

Attached: Ozai_and_Zuko_battle.png (333x250, 139K)

what's the best ninjutsu? i like puppeter
i used it on one of the big guys and he took out almost a whole bar on the samurai miniboss where you first find kuro

not sure how to do the true ending but i hope i do it right
glad but surprised to here
i thought i was at least 80% finished

thanks, useful comment

>Try to kill Shinobi in the well
>Half the time the camera loses lock and just aims me at a wall

The game is too lethal for shit like that to be acceptable. When you can be killed in just a few blows you really should have made sure the camera can work in tiny areas.

At least I could quickly run out again to avoid dragonrot.

Sekiro is the best
doll is still best girl though

is there a bloodborne aliens twist in this game?

what should i do with the guy in the dungeon? i don't want to send the monk or samurai to there deaths

You don't even need to learn timing.. Literally spam the parry button like a maniac whenever the enemy attacks you with parriable abilities. You will always parry at least 50% of the blows. It's fucking easy

I suspect that the reason why so many people have troubles with her is because they go into the memory right away but the progression makes more sense if you beat gyoubu first. I forgot about the bell and went there later with 5 flasks charges and the fight felt pretty fair.

Yeah, punches and kicks.
Completely worthless.

First part is pretty do-able barely any problem 1st phase, 2 seems like a snap seed feed and repeating P.1

In retrospect, thinking about it, From hasn't at all deviated from trying anything too different pulling almost the same stunts as DS and BB

I still very much love the game but FUCKING FROM

meanwhile, Miyazaki sitting on loads of everyone's dumbass cash is laughing his cheeky, fuck chink face eating Sushi

Fuck them actually

I think the only enemy you can't stagger with those are the headless apparitions.

>Thread turns rapidly into newfags and casuls asking for advice

Pathetic

Yeah

or you could learn the timing, you shitter

Why is there a chimp cowering in fear right next to the giant snake heart? Just for kino purposes or did I solve the puzzle the wrong way?

Attached: proboscis_monkey.jpg (750x500, 54K)

Fuck this shit, why im forced to farm divine confeti in order to do any dmg at all to her? Meanwhile even If I perfect parry her attacks my posture still gets kicked to 90% from a few attacks

Attached: 654.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

What does the large fan prosthetic tool do? I'm trying it out and it does nothing

You can drop in on him from the hole above and get rid of one bar of health

I can't find the fucking monkey for snek.
I can hear the noise but where the fuck am I supposed to go to marionette it and bait snek?

I killed her without confetti, ur just bad.

That's literally what they're for...

you dont need a 'fetti

It uses your spirit emblems up

from the bridge with the snake head, drop down on the left side

The abduction fan?
Gives you free backstabs on mooks, you charge and release, and it turns the enemy around.

First part is pretty do-able barely any problem 1st phase, 2 seems like a snap seed feed and repeating P.1

In retrospect, thinking about it, From hasn't at all deviated from trying anything too different pulling almost the same stunts as DS and BB

I still very much love the game but FUCKING FROM

meanwhile, Miyazaki sitting on loads of everyone's dumbass cash is laughing his cheeky, fuck chink face eating Sushi

Fuck them actually

Have you never been in a souls thread near launch?
Its literally been this way since Demon's Souls.
Demons Souls threads were actually just comfy threads where we all helped each other out and talked about how cool the levels were since this was back before playing these games was more about posturing and waving your dick around talking about how you beat everything on the first try than actually just chatting about games together while having fun

Why can't I enter her boss room?

Turns enemies charging at you around which I think gives you a free backstab

Do I need to just drop?
I jumped a few times and just died there.

yeah just drop, it's just deep enough so you can't see the ground, but it's there

>sekiro STILL has "farm x item" mechanics after getting rid of levels
Fuck spirit emblems
Fuck confetti
Fuck pacifying agent
And fuck Sen Toss

meant for

>Fuck spirit emblems
can buy are cheap
>Fuck confetti
apparently can buy late game, 300g
>Fuck pacifying agent
can buy are cheap
>And fuck Sen Toss
why?

>Just attack her posture lol
Too bad posture doesn't take any damage. I parry it doesn't fill the bar,i attack it doesn't fill the bar. WHAT DOES FILL THE BAR? RIMMING HER ASS?

great game

Attached: sekiro ai.webm (720x1280, 2.95M)

I dont care if they're cheap
You still gotta farm for that shit

Supposedly you need to puppet him to get past the snake but you can do it without him.