Would you buy a Pokemon Card Game on Switch?

Would you buy a Pokemon Card Game on Switch?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Haymaker_(TCG)
youtube.com/watch?v=fHqisfjEEJw
youtube.com/watch?v=CRbAzmA889c
youtube.com/watch?v=YqBJhgncVek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would buy THAT pokemon card game on switch.

They'd need to add compatability for the trading though, similar to the Gen I and II carts

I would not.

pokemon belong ONLY on the handhelds you will fucking see when sword and shield releases

>I would buy THAT pokemon card game on switch.

Best answer. I'd even enjoy a modern take on it. But what's important is that it's a video game built around the trading card game, and not the trading card game fitted as efficiently into a video game as possible like the current one on PC, which is nothing but playing the TCG itself. The Gameboy one a video game first, with a rival, gym (club) battles, a great soundtrack, card collecting that was satisfying and always nothing more than a reward ingame for winning, and absolute freedom to build whatever deck you want.

EX cards ruined the TCG so probably not.

as long as there aren't microtransactions to get cards or lootboxes, yeah
I'd be fine with getting every card out of the box
I'd be fine with having to unlock cards through playing as long as the cards you get aren't random, and are guaranteed rewards for certain challenges

How so?

Yes!

Attached: Squirtle.jpg (496x495, 64K)

Also the second game that never got translated.

>Play that on gameboy years ago
>Finally find it
>Build deck after playing mtg alot
>Deck myself with the amount of carddraw I jam into my deck

Attached: images.png (235x215, 5K)

Will the AI still be a cheating nigger?

The Switch is a handheld dumbass

no im to busy playing yugioh

If you draw through your whole deck and not win, then you really need to put some actual wincons in there champ.

Yes, as long as it's not the digital version of the card game they have on PC.

Sadly that's the main reason we'll never get a new one.

Nah I played that one with the fantranslation and it's just not as fun as the first. Too many dumb gimmick requirements that purposefully ruin your deck. First game lets you slowly build the deck that you like and crush everyone with it, second game consistantly bombards you with "have four Pikachus in your deck", "have no energy other than Grass in your deck", etc. bullshit restrictions and it's just not fun.

>Tfw I finished every Not!Elite Four fights with 5 or less cards left in my deck

Attached: smug dead body.jpg (331x323, 54K)

Didn't this game fuck the coin toss? IT's not random it's all decided before you start the match right?

>not controlling your own fate

Attached: 1550906522686.png (468x810, 470K)

who would want a handheld without dual screens?

>the first not-shit pokemon game in 6 years
yeah, i'll take it

Attached: 9wmvu9damfuz.png (3840x2160, 3.3M)

I play the online game. Having it portable on Switch with online and connected to PTCG online would be a dream come true

Scyther x3
Hitmonchan x 3
Electabuzz x 3
Professor Oak x3
Bill x3
Energy Retrieval x 3
Energy Removal x 4
Scoop Up x 3
Computer Search x 3
Pluspower x 4
Item Finder x 3
Gust of Wind x 3
Double Colorless Energy x 4
Fighting Energy x 7
Lightning Energy x 6

Nothing in the first game can compete with haymaker.

No, you can affect the outcome depending on what you do before it on your turn, but if you just soft reset without doing anything differently the outcome won't change

For example, If I play an energy and then use an attack that involves a coin flip, it won't matter how many times I reset if I do these same two things every time. If I, however, play two trainer cards between attaching the energy and attacking, I don't necessarily get the same outcome.

Haymaker?

Everyone before the DS launched?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Haymaker_(TCG)

Rain Dance was the shit

>4x Squirtle
>4x Blastoise
>4x Seel
>4x Dewgong

>4x Professor Oak
>4x Bill
>4x Pokeball
>4x Energy Search
>2x Switch
>2x Gust of Wind
>4x Pokemon Breeder
>4x Computer Search
>2x Item Finder
>2x Energy Retrieval

>12x Water energy

Unless you win on your first turn GG

Haymaker, Rain Dance, and Wigglytuff were the 3 top decks in the original set, anything else just got stomped out.

It would be fun only for nostalgia reasons. There's a reason only autists ever took this game seriously: its just boring and not balanced. The vast majority of mons are shit to the point of being unusable. "Basic" pokemon that dont evolve like scyther/hitmonchan/electabuz were overpowered rapists. Rain dance at least had a theme "muh water" but was really just abusing Blastoise's pokemon power

each mon only had 2 attacks. the first was usually filler shit. weaknesses and resistances were oversimplified too

the game was basically RNG and as you can tell by the decklists it was just a matter of abusing the OP trainer cards. there isnt much strategy here just luck

I also liked to do Damage Swap/Rage with Alakazam, Dodrio and Chansey/Khangaskhan but it was pretty gimmicky. Also Energy Removal with Poliwrath, Dragonair and Golduck was okay.

You could elevate any deck just by having half of it be trainers.

There's very little luck involved in getting a turn-2 Blastoise and ass-blasting everything

if it's similar to the gameboy one
yes

gameboy one had some great music

youtube.com/watch?v=fHqisfjEEJw

Yes, but it's as easy as konami releasing a new penguin adventure.

powercreep like every card game

Absolutely, the two GBC games are my favorite pokemon games in general. It needs to have a remix of the battle theme though.
youtube.com/watch?v=CRbAzmA889c

If it plays like the two Gameboy games then in a heartbeat. Sadly it seems like it will never happen and they'd rather put all their time and money into updating the online client forever instead. They could easily just make a new game every three or four sets (Or however long it takes from the start of a new set to phase it out and encompasses the new sets released in between) and include the promo cards released at those points as well.
They have a free moneymaker on their hands here and they just don't go for it. This way it doesn't kill the online client and gives us a fun singleplayer game based on certain sets.

Ye
Played the first one, quite fun, only limited by the small amount of cards. Haven't gotten around to playing the sequel yet, assuming there's a fan translation somewhere.

Yeah it's got a fan translation. It's got a lot more content (kinda feels like the GSC to the original's RBY in a way despite the cards still only covering gen 1)

>seel and dewgong instead of magikarp and gyarados
>no lapras
>no articuno
>pokeball instead of trader
you're doing it wrong.

Yes.
I'd also take an updated version like a CPU only PTCGO.

No, I'm doing it correctly.

>seel and dewgong instead of magikarp and gyarados
Magikarp only has 30 HP, Seel has 60, this is more important than Gyarados having 100 HP and Dewgong having 80 HP. Magikarp is far too susceptible to being KO'd before you can evolve it.

>no lapras
>no articuno
Don't need them. Lapras is there to stall and tops out at 30 damage, ideally I never need to stall and I'm swinging on turn 2/3 for more than that with Blastoise or Dewgong. Articuno only has 10 more HP than Seel and can't attack for 3 turns if I start with it.

>Pokeball instead of trader
Could run 2 of each. I prefer Pokeball because Trader is useless if I don't have anything to trade, you never want dead weight in your hand.

lapras is insurance against mr mime

No because nothing will make me buy a switch first

Maybe a remake of the GBC game.

I find Seel and Squirtle are enough, especially if Squirtle gets a paralyze

Yes, but only if it's a remake of the first two games (and continues the "To Be Continued" at the end of the Japan-only sequel). This would mean an actual overworld, CPU players you could eventually stomp on with enough cards, a good soundtrack, and more importantly no microtransactions--once you buy the game, all the cards you can collect are in there and obtainable.

I still have no idea why the coin toss was fucked up, and why the game couldn't run a random number generator before each toss (or toss series).

the outcome of coin flips is determined by a seed that is generated per turn, you can reroll this by playing cards and if a pokemon power can flip coins but not end your turn. You can see the effects of this from soft resetting and continuing duel

>this is what pokemon cards look like now
I would LOVE a pokemon card game on the switch.

Attached: 52703823_121805935558429_5029074826220169650_n.jpg (1080x1080, 216K)

The problem is even with Unlimited, Bill was retroactively deemed a "Supporter" card, and could only be played once per turn. I think the change made to Computer Search (only one per deck) isn't retroactive, though.

With Rain Dance, Seel was chosen as the main "backup" because of its unusually high HP for a basic Pokémon, and mainly its purpose was to stall while Squirtle could evolve to Blastoise. its evolution Dewgong has a 50 HP attack for only three energy, which has a higher energy/output ratio than Hydro Pump itself, and could be used to disable just about anything.

Both Bill and Computer Search have been reprinted - Bill as a supporter, and Computer Search as an Ace Spec. In the unlimited format, you have to use the most recent printing, so Computer Search would be run as an Ace Spec and Bill would be run as a supporter. There are still an absolute ass load of decks that can donk your opponent in the unlimited format, though (pic related).

Attached: unknown.png (746x397, 345K)

The main question is if they were to do a modern PTCG video game, where would they draw the line? This game has had so many fucking formats.

you have them, except they're side by side and both are touchscreens

No it doesn’t. There are two official formats - Standard and Expanded. Standard is Sun and Moon Base Set onwards, Expanded is Black and White Base Set onwards.

>pkmn tcg
what a fucking ost
youtube.com/watch?v=YqBJhgncVek

No because they would turn it into arena or hearthstone.

Is that bad? Those are popular as fuck.