Everyone agrees this the GOAT console, right?

Everyone agrees this the GOAT console, right?

Attached: ps2.jpg (1500x2400, 901K)

nope, 360 was better.

Attached: xbox360.jpg (1280x853, 61K)

this is honestly so embarrassing

Some PS2 Gems: Rule of Rose
Demento
Drakengard 1 and 2
Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and File 2
Contra Shattered Soldier
Katamari Damacy
Metal Gear Soild 2 and 3
MGS1 Bacwards Compatibility
Shinobi

As an idort, I will 100% agree. SNES is a very close second.

Both Xbox and Gamecube are better, PS2 had quantity

SNES was better because most of them still work

I grew up with a PS2. It's not the goat. It was underpowered as fuck. It's only strenght was it's great library.

As a console, the OG Xbox was much better. I only got an OG Xbox years and years afterwards, and I wish I had gotten one sooner. Having the internal HDD, and being moddable, and being more powerful makes the OG Xbox so much better. Almost all multiplats play and look better on the OG Xbox too. So for replaying old PS2 games, I either get a PC version now, or play on the OG Xbox instead if there is no PC version. If no Xbox version which is rare, I emulate the GC version because Dolphin is much better than PCSX2, and the GC was also a more powerful console than the PS2.

PS2's strength with it's library was also retroactively taken away. With lots of stuff getting HD ports on PS3, or PC ports. Meanwhile the OG Xbox still has almost all it's exclusives, plenty have no ports, and there is no proper emulator either, unlike PS2, which for almost all games you'd be better off dealing with PCSX2 to get better res, AA and AS, than actually playing it natively.

>It's only strenght was it's great library.

that's the only thing that matters you brainlet

>quantity matters more than quality

You are the true brainlet here.

Until the switch

>Return

Attached: soy.jpg (1280x768, 79K)

Cope

Yes.
Best console of its generation, but not of all time.

The library made it the best, because it offered stuff no other console could. Also, the PS2 controller was much better, which negates the games playing better on Xbox. I loved every console that generation, (it's actually the only gen I thought all the consoles were good) but the PS2 was the clear best for me.

If someone released a shitbox console like the Ouya, but it had every ROM and ISO ever released loaded into a huge 100terabyte harddrive, but every game played in 240p, at 16fps with jaggies out the ass, and the console manufacturer went through all the ROM's and ISO's and simplified level design, streamlined it to make it simpler, lowered texture quality, removed geometry details to cull polygons. Would it be the best console of all time? Because that's basically an exaggerated PS2.

You're fucking retarded, off yourself.

Every console had exclusives than gen. PS2 ended up losing almost all it's exclusives. PS2's multiplats were always gimped compared to the Xbox/GC versions.

Yeah it had a lot of games, I grew up with a PS1 and a PS2. But the PS2 is a shit console with a good library. It was so underpowered for it's time. Saying it's good because of it's library is retarded when the grand majority of it's huge library was shovelwear, or gimped ports. The few good exclusives it did get were fucking amazing games, and I love them dearly. But if I was to replay them today, I wouldn't play them on a PS2. It's play HD ports or emulate them. The console is near useless today. On the other hard, an OG Xbox is still needed today if you want to play OG Xbox exclusives.

sure but ps2 is easier to mod and use dl'ed games instead of paying 50-100 each . Emulation is nice for PS2, but it is much more demanding than PS1 and previous, and much less flawless than Dolphin for gc/wii

>lol you've only got 1 piece of gold in your pocket, look at me, I've got 10 handfuls of turd, TEN!! AHAHA I win I have more!

I don't know about that, I never modded my PS2. I have 2 modded Xbox's though. I dunno why someone would bother modding a PS2 for all it's gimped ports though. PS2 was an exclusive machine. For everything else, Xbox/PC was the main, you only used PS2 for shit that wasn't anywhere else.

I would say PS1. It had better variety and library that just has no end. I think too many PS2 games when I go back or really any from its time just try a little to hard to push the tech side of things over just being games. Dont get me wrong I love some Devil May Cry though.

But I feel the same for the SNES, amazing console with amazing games, but yet I still somehow prefer nearly every games NES equivalent that is on it.

But if you want to pick the PS2, I could very well understand why you would.

Overall, yeah. The NES comes close, but can't match the variety of games available on the PS2.

>Every console had exclusives that gen.
Definitely, only an idiot would dispute that. I just liked the PS2's exclusives the most.
>If I was to replay them today
I agree if you're talking about in hindsight, but I was talking about for its time.
>An OG Xbox is still needed if you want to play OG Xbox exclusives.
Aren't OG Xbox games available on the Xbox One?
Not a good analogy. It implies the PS2 exclusives were shit, which they weren't. All 3 consoles had great exclusives.

People mod ps2 for pirated games user.

>Aren't OG Xbox games available on the Xbox One?
No, I may be wrong but I think it has less compatibility than even the 360 in that regard, but a small % overall

PS1 and PS2 are roughly as good as each other but I'd pick the PS2 by a small amount. They're the best 2 PlayStations though.

>MGS1 Bacwards Compatibility
this and the cheapest DVD player on the market of it's time is why this thing sold like hotcakes
also it had a shit ton of great games
it's not my favorite console, but I'm not gonna argue against being GOAT in terms of popularity.

>Not a good analogy. It implies the PS2 exclusives were shit,

I was talking about all the multiplats.

If you rate the PS2, Xbox and GC by exclusives only, PS2 probably wins. But then where to the multiplats go? Are they not counted, counted for all, or do they give a point to whatever system they are better on. If you go by the third option, then Xbox has more games than PS2, since why would you play gimped PS2 ports, when you can play the much better versions on Xbox. So all in all, you have PS2's great exclusives, of which there are many, and a huge amount of shitty gimped ports, then you have Xbox's great exclusives, of which there are less than PS2, but still a lot of underrated gems, then you have a huge amount of multiplats which are all the definitive version of that game on the Xbox, backing up the exclusives. If you agree that Xbox had the definitive version of multiplats of everything not on PC, then Xbox has more games than PS2.

The multiplats did perform best graphically on the Xbox, but I'd be willing to trade that for the PS2's better controller. It's up to you though.

>Aren't OG Xbox games available on the Xbox One?

Some of them yeah, but this is a really recent thing. The Xbone enhanced OG Xbox games look amazing though, but there is only like 20 or so games, and for some reason they aren't focusing on exclusives, but on multiplats and on things already on PC, like KOTOR 1. Holy fuck what a waste of effort. I mean it's a great game but who would play it on console and not PC. Meanwhile there are still tons of OG Xbox exclusives stuck on the OG Xbox with no port.

Yea I could see why. I think for people going PS2 over PS1 is a difference in game taste. PS2 had great action games like DMC series, good racing games which benefit heavily from tech, etc.

I think I lean PS1 because I like silly things like Twisted Metal, I like its RPGs better, and I like sprite based games which faded out for awhile after the PS1.

Good point.

Xbox had two controllers, though, the Duke, then they had the second one which was a bit smaller and felt much better on the hands.

The one thing I will give the PS2 though is it had the two extra shoulder buttons. But then it didn't have triggers like the Xbox had, the OG Xbox having triggers was fucking cool back then. Now everything has them.

>they finally re-release it
>it has none of the original soundtrack
i expect this is how it plays out

Attached: JetSetRadioFuturebox.jpg (220x312, 35K)

more like the KINO station amiright?
seems the ps2 had a lot of odd exclusives that has been forgotten over time

Attached: Herdy_Gerdy_Cover.png (220x313, 161K)

Post more gems I only really played MGS2+3 as I was a massive dudebro at the time playing ww2 games and fifa

brothers in arms road to hill 30 was fucking great though and I won't apologise for that

The GOAT Indeed

To be honest, I think the PS2 controller is better than even the slim Xbox Controller. The size of the Duke isn't what put me off, it was the black and white bttons. I'll give you the triggers though, especially for their time they were awesome.
They had some overlap in games, like Crash and Spyro are roughly similar to Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank, but I see what you mean about the differences as well. DMC is my favorite series ever, with 3 being my favorite game ever. Twisted Metal like you said was very nice, my favorite PS1 game was probably FF7 though. Also I liked Crash Bandicoot growing up.

Absolutely

they really should have nicknamed it 'the chad' instead of the duke.

Oh yea Ff7 was definitely in mind. I think for me a little of the tie breaker may even come down to the PS1 just coming out of nowhere to beat the pants off the established game companies where as the PS2 had a hype train to get companies making games for it and I joined PC near the end of PS2 so I probably missed a lot of its best games, which is a bit unfair to the PS2.

I think the PS2 and Xbox's controllers are both great, and I like them both, but I think both are flawed too. They were both missing something the other had. Controllers weren't perfected until the 7th gen, when PS3 got Xbox's triggers, and the 360 got the PS2's two extra shoulder buttons.

Emulating older games with a PS3 controller is so good.

Everybody sucks off the PS2 but I never see anybody play one in person.

I played Castle Shikigami 2 and Echo Night Beyond on mine today.

Zoomers agree, for sure. People who aren't underage or close to it realize that it had as much (or more) shovelware than any other console and only a few games were actually worth the hype.

I don't really touch mine anymore because majority of my favorite games for it have been ported to most of the recent consoles.

Duke is a high royal position of authority. Duke Nuken, one of the ultimate chads was popular at the time, and everyone in those days grew up watching shows like Dukes of Hazard. Duke was the Chad or the early 2000's. It's strange Chad has become the name for the alpha, back then, for me at least, Chad was a dopey name. I remember watching Charlie's Angels, a popular early 2000's flick at the time of Xbox/PS2/GC, and there was a male character literally called "The Chad" and he was such a dopey fuck, he was a joke character to laugh at how goofy he was.

the Wii is still selling games today, and the PS2 drove Snoy into the fucken ground even though it sold like hotcakes. I love them both, but I'm calling the Wii GOAT bc of it's innovation and hacking scene.

Yes, socom navy seals was a great time in my life.

Wii is garbage its motion sensing doesnt even work that great it fucking sucks.

>Zoomers agree, for sure.

Zoomers were born after 95. Only the oldest zoomers would have played much PS2. The 360 was the first real zoomer console.

>People who aren't underage or close to it realize that it had as much (or more) shovelware than any other console
true

>and only a few games were actually worth the hype.
not true

If by GOAT you mean the biggest shit magnet in history. Then sure.

Attached: Shovleware Station 2.png (4360x2872, 3.17M)

they work fine with motion plus. Also there's a ton of wii controllers, not just motion sensors. I use pic related the most.

Attached: 3211eab900656ee5dda89706d8a7a57f.jpg (620x366, 26K)

>devs cared
no
>most creative
yes

Companies care about the sales, I play games. I care about the games it had.

And if I was putting together a machine to just emulate a ton of games to play PS1 and NES would easily contribute the biggest volume of roms and isos. PS2 and SNES would have a fair few. Genesis and GCN after maybe. Wii would give a few obscure games I guess. Count in portable systems and it goes way down that list though.

I should probably do this actually.

everything got a game back then because they weren't that expensive to make, the wii suffered from the same and it's the same with mobile games now

Late boomers then. There is a large section of people whose first console was the PS2, therefore it will always be the greatest to them.

not even the best of its generation, let alone of all times

yes, it has the best library all-around

NES, SNES and PS1 were also great for their times

Zoomers started in 1997 though.

I was born in 1999 and have a very clear memory of the PS2, GameCube and Xbox. Same for my brother and the majority of my friends. The meme that the 6th gen was boomers only is inaccurate.

>a machine to just emulate a ton of games to play
that machine can be a Wii

Yes except it would suck terribly at emulating anything later on and I can use a PC to emulate the few Wii games I would care to with better graphics and controls than the Wii itself.