Games that time forgot

I remember being so disappointed when I rented this back in the day

Attached: Marvel_Nemesis_Rise_of_the_Imperfects.jpg (1261x1422, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iklcYnz5TsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I rented it and ended up enjoying it a lot. I had zero expectations going in, but had a lot of fun.

same, it was like a fighting force clone
it was really fun if you had a friend to play with

>EA attempting to make a fighting game

Attached: disgusted-face-640x425.jpg (640x425, 64K)

Johnny Ohm was fucking based

Imperfects is correct.

I remember my brother buying this game and watching him play it. I had a migraine that day and later threw up because it was so bad.

Did the Imperfect characters ever appear in the Marvel comics after the game or were they just one-offs?

Why the did EA decide to kill off some of the best superheroes only to add their own shitty OCs?

Because it’s their OCs.

>Did the Imperfect characters ever appear in the Marvel comics after the game or were they just one-offs?

EA probably wanted them to, but Marvel never once used them and pretends they never existed.

Fun fact: This game released on September 20th, 2005, the exact same day as a far superior Marvel game: X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. Unless you're in an irrelevant region like europe or something.

The Finishers were pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=iklcYnz5TsA

>Daredevil straight up kills people

ok

Pleb taste, this game was great

I mean he was the leader of the Hand before so not completely off canon.

Hazmat was in one of the Vs. The Marvel Universe comics.

"Bad" games you enjoyed thread?
I thought this game was pretty neat, I guess it was because I mostly just brawled local multiplayer with my bros.

Apparently pic related was a bad game, I thoroughly enjoyed it, along with the GBA version. Hell, I may emulate it for nostalgia sakes.

Attached: !!e!U6lwB2M_$(KGrHqMOKpwE0Vs,ugp0BNP34(okLw___1.jpg (188x266, 29K)

>buyer's coping mechanism

I rented this on Xbox and while it was not great, I enjoyed it as a big fan of the show starved for anything connected to it. It was actually better than the two sequels for seasons 2 and 3 that were on 360 and Wii at least.

Why would they do that?

My brother would always just play the VS mode, select his fighter and choose wolverine to fight while giving himself max lives. Thats all he ever did on that game.

I hated having to kill off some of the hero's to advance in the levels. That and the backstory of the characters makes it seem they were going for edgy grimdark/

never understood how to do finishers

Wolverine disembowels Storm and Human Torch straight up made that fire girl unexist, yet Daredevil snapping some chick's neck is an issue for you?

Iron Man was really op in this game he could throw cars and shoot energy beams across the map and fly around. Also his armor design was really good in this game.

Attached: Anthony_Stark_(Earth-50701)_from_Marvel_Nemesis_Rise_of_the_Imperfects_0002.jpg (784x800, 84K)

I remember renting the second one and even back then i remember thinking it was super repetitive.

Honestly, I still think this game combined with Dragalia Lost would make for a fantastic combination bae for an Avatar the Last Airbender game.

I remember how object throwing was really powerful in that game

One was published by Activision, one was published by EA.

I miss when Marvel Diablo clones were actually good. I hope Ultimate Alliance 3 is going to be good but I have my doubts.

Really not a fan of the art style/graphics the port of the first game on ps4 looks so much better and that game came out a decade ago.

I liked it.

Bump

I'm not really a graphics fag so I don't care about that. I care more about the gameplay, story and characters. They better not go full MCU like it's looking like. I want X-Men, F4, New Warriors and some playable villains like Doom.

fuck that

i bought the fucking game and forced myself to like it. but it was so fucking basic. can't even call itself a fighting game.

Are you my brother? Shit man that sounds awfully familiar

Since when has the story mattered in these games? Also they showed wolverine and Storm so X Men are in the game i also suspect they will have character dlc packs.

X-men next dimension was even better

I always enjoyed the story. Seeing Doom and Loki team up was neat. And getting to play classic comic scenarios was awesome.
>dlc packs
But then they won't feel like they belong in the story. I'm an autist who played exclusively as Spidey, Cap, Thor and Wolverine in Ultimate Alliance 1.

I think I only played the DS version and found myself enjoying it. Then again, it was also part of that 101 games shit that had a good Gundam 00 game I played all the time and Bangai-O, so that's probably why I don't remember much.

all of them, fortnite will outlive you

I mean Luke Cage and Moon Knight didn't belong in the first game's story either.

I just remember there being some sacrifice mechanic and dropping the game when my ten year old brain was triggered at the idea of letting spider-man die

That was actually a mistake if I remember correctly, it was a page with a bunch of characters standing together and the writer listed "Hazmat" in the notes for the artist, but he actually meant a different character named Hazmat (pic related). The artist, being unfamiliar with both characters, looked up "Hazmat Marvel" on Google and the character from the Imperfects popped up, so he drew him in. None of the editors caught the mistake before it went to print.

Attached: afa8961cfb2683ede154ed05d5ff3096.png (250x508, 103K)

And the specific page in question, you can see the Imperfects Hazmat in the bottom right.

Attached: muvaerror.jpg (692x828, 228K)

yeah, that whole game was marketed as grim dark as fuck, the ads for it had Hulk being smashed into a wall and turning back into Bruce with his hand showing through the rubble indicating that he's dead, Punisher's ripped up symbol blowing in the wind and Captain America's shield damaged and abandoned.

And yeah, to advance the levels one of the hero characters would have to stay behind and fight an imperfect character, they didn't even have death scenes in the story mode you just chose your hero character, then you play as the imperfect that spawns to kill them off.

Kinda like how those x man games back then always had tons of deaths and I think one of those marvel 4 player games had you pick between saving nightcrawler and jean gray, whoever you dont pick burns alive in a cage of lava .If you picked nightcrawler to die his mom kills Professor x when you aren't around and if you decide to pick Jean she comes back as the Phoenix enraged that you betrayed her.

Why were the early 00's so fucking dark?

Remember how in X-Men Legends 1 the Weapon X sentinel lab level had a bunch of fucking corpses on operating tables with blood splatter because it was being used as a den of human experimentation, with a dark nauseating green color pallette and like fucking holocaust cages? That shit genuinely disturbed me as a child. The cyborg sentinels in general seemed lika horrific concept to me.

Is that Shadow Man in the back? I remember making zero fucking progress in that game as a kid.

>Why were the early 00's so fucking dark?

Hmmm I don't know, what could have possibly happened in the early 2000s that would have made Americans pessimistic, grim, and fearful?

How old are you user?

Its been so long i just kind of forgot that 9/11 fucked everyone up.

The steady march of time is going to take me soon im sure.

I think it was because Jenga sales fell in America around that time.

Fuckin kek. Imperfects confirmed as canon

Nah, things were that way in the 90s. Music was already being overtaken by grunge, punk, emoshit and heavier genres long before 9/11. Movies, books and comics were exploring darker, nihilistic/pessimistic themes. Games were just late bloomers.

user,we're still fucked up, 9/11 was the best thing ever for corporations and private organizations, back then they were at war with the government over powers, now, they flat out own the government, everyone there is a corporate lap dog way more than someone interested in serving their countries. Just imagine, imagine what our world would be like if that shit never happened,

I know we're still fucked from it, i just forgot because its the norm now.

>Tfw we live in the bad ending time line

Attached: Zombiedogs.webm (480x360, 2.17M)

Its fucking me up now that im thinking about it and realizing that evrything going wrong is all easily traced back to 9/11, almost literally everything.

that's great

I personally trace the point where everything went wrong to the fall of the Soviet Union. Say what you will about communism or whatever, but I feel that it was very important that the United States had a powerful opposing ideological force to work as a balance to it. Once that was gone, the darkest parts of American capitalism were free to corrupt first the country and then the entire planet.

They should have included pictures

Jesus, modern Marvel is so fucking bad.

They have had ridiculous number of diversity hires over the last couple of years some of whom have barely any experience with comics.

>remember that I used to associate with the wink at 13

um thanks for reminding me of that

Attached: 1406720584486.jpg (400x400, 44K)

Didn't they hire Zoe Quinn? That shit is retarded.

No she did a shitty comic for Vertigo which is a DC imprint.

I just wish comics could go back to the old shit with big titties, big muscles, big guns and fun stories.

Thats is mostly on the writers and artists side, Marvels editors have been notoriously bad since the late 90s and constantly let all kinds of mistakes through. I cant find the page right now but there is a Thor issue where Loki is sitting at a table looking at a map and the map is just a blank square with "photoshop map here" on it. Its not a problem with diversity, just complete incompetance.

this made my day

Should have never fired Jim Shooter.

Honestly, that's tied more closely to the fact that they haven't been able to hold on to talent.
After Civil War, Marvel realized they can just churn out events and crossovers every year to get 100,000 monthly sales on their key series, and so they made a huge mistake: they stopped caring about their second string talent.
So Marvel has been bleeding talent for the last decade.

The diversity hires weren't them going "WE NEED TO HIRE WOMEN AND MINORITIES BECAUSE SOCIAL JUSTICE!" It was 100% "we can get Tumblr writers and artists for 1/10th the price we're paying now, and if we hire women/minorities then we can just say how great we are when the comics bomb."
They lost the majority comic share to DC a few years ago and despite having Spider-Man and Star Wars, they can't get it back because all their talent already went to DC.
Except Chip Zdarsky.

Shooter would have brought Bendis in front of the rest of Marvels staff and beheaded him right then and there, just to make sure everyone understood.

I liked this game as a kid, it was fun enough. Shit I remember there was a way to unlock pictures of the girl characters in bikinis or something. I'd look at them alone in my room with a raging hard on. Too bad I can't find those pictures online anywhere

fantastic four for the playstation was pretty bad

Attached: enemies that unnerve you.png (1440x1080, 1.27M)

plz have a penis.

Is this the page?

Attached: img_1143.jpg (3264x2448, 1.33M)

My friend and I would just jump off the level and laugh at the over-dramatic falling animations.