Redpill me on the 20XX series of graphics cards. Are they memes? The 2060 seems suspiciously good for its price

Redpill me on the 20XX series of graphics cards. Are they memes? The 2060 seems suspiciously good for its price

Attached: 81y0VQKX5-L._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coolblue.nl/en/product/824762/msi-gl73-8se-001nl.html
youtube.com/watch?v=J-sQFN1R5jM
pcbuildersclub.com/en/2018/11/nvidia-has-allegedly-stopped-production-of-the-gtx-1080-ti/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, RTX is a gimmick so you pay $200 more for it per card, they also come with gimped overclocking.
Get a GTX 1660Ti or a used Pascal card.

Wait for the new AMD GPUs.

RTX is not a meme retard.

>Worse performance for almost the same visuals which can be run in any card, just Nvidia wanted to scam everyone saying you needed a RTX card to use raytracing.
I never said meme, just a gimmick/scam.
And if you know they aren't a meme(they are) why are you asking in the OP if they are a meme?

i thought all the lighting and particles and waves and effects were done by the game software and not by youre hardware

Memes.
1080 is cheaper and its better than 2060. Find that one if you can.
>inb4 muh RTX
Not worth it, And soon Cryengine (and maybe other engine) already adapt RTX like raytracing without that RT cores bullshit.

RTX is a gimmick but the cards themselves are better than the 10XX series

That said unless you can find a deal theyre barely worth the money. If I hadnt bought a 1080 already I would have probably wanted a 2060

They shoved a bunch of chips useless for gaming on a gen 1 architecture (bugs, runs hot) board. Now theyr'e bringing the same feature to 10xx cards. Avoid at all costs.

No one cares about RTX on the 2060. It's good for its rasterization. 1660 Ti is trash.

Yeah but the RTX 2060 is $100 more expensive while only being 5-15% better.

Despite people rightfully shitting on raytracing and DLSS, the cards are still a good choice for an upgrade. Overclocking is pretty good on all the tiers (got my rtx 2080 running at 2030mhz) and they are more power efficient than the 10xx series. Never buy last gen you will always end up regretting it. The 2060 is basically a 1070 with 2gb less vram but increased power efficiency and the meme features that you may not use in the future.

>used
What's the recomend way of buying used GPUs? eBay? A 1070ti for $400 seems like a decent deal.

>suspiciously good for its price
Not really. It is pretty much a 1070ti with ray tracing cores.
For $350 it is fine, but certainly not amazing or anything.

it is when your FPS takes a 50% hit
it'll be better in 3 years or so. 1070ti will last until then easily.

Buy any used EVGA model.
Avoid Gigabyte models.
MSI/ASUS if you want to roll the dice.
Zotac only if its cheap.

Also buy paste like MX-4 and isopropyl alcohol because you are going to need to repaste it, its not hard and takes 2-3 minutes to do it.

Only retards buy into gimmick trash like RTX, retard

It's not $100 more or 5% faster. You're twisting everything in your argument's favor.

>The 2060 is basically a 1070 with 2gb less vram
Wrong, it's basically a 1075 with GDDR6, which is faster than GDDR5.

Wait for the 1770Ti. You know it's coming.

My RTX 2070 is better than the 1080 and it's cheaper, definitely worth it.

>What's the recomend way of buying used GPUs?
I would highly suggest not buying a used GPU. Could have been a cryptomining husk.
Also what the fuck happened to the price of 1070ti's? I got one last july and don't remember the price being nearly 600 dollars

>1080 is cheaper and its better than 2060. Find that one if you can.
No it isn't? What?

And the 1680/1880, RTX cards are doing horrible in general.

its better than the current line of GPUs

its also over priced and absolutely nothing will utilize its proprietary functions in gaming beyond getting their good goy paycheck.
see: hair works, game works, phsyX.

I want to get a PC in June, will new cards be out by then?

Since people are posting about used cards and stuff:
I'm looking to upgrade my poor old GTX 670, it's served me well but I need to get with the times. I'm only a poor student however, so I can't go too high on the price and buy something's brand new and cutting edge. What's something that I could perhaps buy used for a reasonable price that will future proof me for a while?

RTX really is just physX 2.0 isn't it?

Not really since PhysX actually does something.

Is a 20600 worth getting for a first build? Or wait for AMD's new shit? Thinking of getting an i5 and 2060 but I'm open to other cards if they'd be better to start at

ray tracing rn is a meme. simply because its new tech. yes its useless but someone has to start turning the wheel.

How poor? because you could get a used 970 or 1060 3GB.

No, its overpriced as fuck for its performance.
And instead getting a I5 get a R5 2600 which is cheaper and better.
If you really need a new card right now get a 1660Ti or a used 1070Ti.

Is the 1660ti a meme?

Well yeah I need a new card now cause it's a first build.

RTX was touted as a gimmick unique to the series of those graphics cards, but it's already not unique to them as due to the failure of RTX series, RTX drivers have been released for non RTX gpu's. In addition to that, RTX support had existed years prior even in open source software like Vulkan, which makes that marketing stunt even more retarded.

Tl;dr RTX Is a meme, get 1080ti and skip this gen, RTX GPU's will be forgotten like an embarrassment, same way Titan X was.

gdrfes

RTX is not a meme.Nvidia RTX cards are.

>1080 cheaper than a 2060
Fuck ya self

1070 performance and not far from the 2060 which is $100 more, properly priced so its not bad.
The only downsides are anemic overclocking because the card is gimped so you don't do it(120W total power draw BIOS limit that cant be removed), 6GB VRAM instead 8 but its not a big problem.

I think I'll just buy a prebuilt with an RTX card, and then in a year or two I'll replace the card, it's not like any super demanding games will be out for a while since we're at the end of a console generation.

New AMD GPUs will be right around the corner come June. They may upset the industry, they may not, but they did do a good job with Ryzen, so much so that I got an AMD cpu in my current build over Intel for the first time ever. Wait and see, or get a good deal on a 1070ti which I can confirm is a great card

>Prebuilt
At that point it would be better to buy a used office PC and put a GPU on it.
Do not build prebuilts, they are bad because their durability sucks and are way too expensive than building it yourself.

>Avoid Gigabyte models
I've have nothing but good experience with past Gigabyte cards. Did their quality drop of a cliff or are you just retarded?

1080 is 10% faster than 2060, especially on higher resolutions
In my place, 1080 is $100 cheaper than 2060

How are the 20xx in laptops?

Would you say it's a worthwhile upgrade from a 1060 6gb?

Because most of the used Gigabyte models on sale are Windforce, shit comes with horrible heatsinks and fans that are delta tier loud.

If you need a GPU asap then the 1060ti get's the job done at 1440p and only costs merely 200 bucks. I don't think it's worth looking for used older 9XX series and the high end of 1000 series is still expensive used.

I would wait until the next generation of consoles rolls out and manufacturers update to compete with that if you want to invest significant amount of money in a GPU, which at $350 kind of is the case.

rtx is like folding phones
its the future but early iterations are overpriced and shit

The AMDrones are starting early.

750ti

But im recommending a 1660Ti.

You're just throwing money away and further justifying shit decisions that currently plague the PC components market and make it incredibly consumer unfriendly, supercharging the prices for leds and red paintjobs on motherboards that should cost half their price, and a shift towards parading features like memory test, post leds and post signals as advanced things, instead of troubleshooting requirements that were present on almost every motherboard ten years ago.

Why couldn't Nvidia release RTX-less GPUs with equivalent power for a lower price? A 1660Ti doesn't count since it's not even as good as a 2060.

If you already have the 1060 6GB, no unless you are doing something that needs it (1440p/4k or VR).
If you don't have a GPU right now, yes.

BROTHER!

If you have money to dump there's no reason not to buy an RTX card, just as long as you're willing to accept that the ray tracing shit in them is nothing but retard gimmick. They're still solid cards.

Personally I'm keeping my 1060 6gb until next gen cards come out, fuck it.

>They're still solid cards.
No they're not. 2080ti in particular has an absolutely atrocious build and a shit ton of excess voltage regulators that make serious overclocking severely gimped. Their build is inferior to 1080ti in every way.

Because that would mean they will have to sell the product cheaper.

>always want to build PC
>always pussy out because NEW CARDS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER BRO WAIT FOR THAT 480 WAIT FOR THE NAVI BRO
just fucking tell me what card to buy so i can build the fucker

Like 95% of people dont bother overclocking their cards. For those 95% of people they're completely fine.

If you're running Windows 10 now, or planning to run Windows 10 after the Win 7 EOL get whatever Nvidia card you like.

If you plan to run Linux, or are already dabbling in Linux do yourself a favor and get the best GCN card you can afford. The experience is so much better than what you'd get with Nvidia and the third-party drivers from the Mesa project are so much better than AMD's own efforts.

>Planned to upgrade this gen
>Nvidia had to release a bunch of meme cards
>Now I have to keep waiting

Attached: 1542079436233.jpg (540x606, 64K)

Fine as it might be, it still doesn't make 2080 good cards.

Navi is only going to tackle the low-end tiers and not provide anything better than a 2060. And, if they do, it'll be overpriced like the Radeon VII.

Get an MSI 1080ti.

well we're in a terrible spot right now for everything, CPU upgrades are just around the corner, GPUs and RAM are still at meme prices.

My suggestion for GPUs is always the same, don't wait around, pick up something older and "good enough" second hand.

RX580s with 8 gb can be had for peanuts on the 2nd hand market even compared to 1060s for whatever reason and will hold you over until the 21xx or navi.

Attached: meowdy do.png (303x475, 345K)

The reason RV7 its overpriced its because they took a enterprise card with problems, put a good heatsink on it and sold it as a gaming card to not mark it as a loss.
Shit is expensive by design for using HBM, not because AMD wanted to (Still it could be $100 cheaper and they would still do profit but nobody will gift their product).

Nvidia won't launch more 16xx until AMD's Navi. Then they might come out with a 1670 and 1680 respectively.

Wait until the next gen of cards when it's more refined. Currently the run pretty damn hot and are massive power hogs. The huge premium over last gen cards is not worth it. Unless you are running 4K I couldn't recommend them since the 2080ti is able to hit 4k/60FPS much more consistently. Another reason I would also wait is to see just how much the technology is actually adopted.

>AMD

Attached: 1552877773810.jpg (1024x1017, 96K)

There's models in the RTX line outside of 2080s, and it's getting increasingly hard to find new 10 series gtx cards.

Get a 1070ti or a Vega 56.

Spending more money than these two is retarded. The new and GPU is just going to be a 200 dollar 1070 which is amazing for the price but not the best performance. Just a guess.

Depends of your budget but the 1060 6GB series are around $200 and fit perfectly for a PC build from the ground up because they will keep the overall price reasonable.

If you have money to blow then go all out and buy a 2080, keep in mind you need the other components to follow though so, prepare your wallet.

>laptops

Attached: 1553271759141.jpg (512x384, 20K)

if i were building a new pc today from scratch (not upgrading one) what graphics card should i buy?

looking for 1080p high/ultra 60fps minimum

Attached: 5a9dcb2c7e37bfa74260214498aec05f.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>There's models in the RTX line outside of 2080s
And are an even worse purchase because without the RTX gimmick, which is no longer even unique to them, they are just a waste of money compared to non RTX gpu's.
>and it's getting increasingly hard to find new 10 series gtx cards
Because people wizened up and started buying them instead of the trash nvidia is pushing aggressively that is inferior to predecessors in every way.

1660Ti.
Running 1080p at max settings isn't that hard this days.

1080 ti then.

>1080 high/ultra 60fps
1660Ti is fine for that

Sounds good then.

He said "minimum".

>1080 ti
>$800 used on newegg

Attached: 1553469159451.jpg (456x488, 71K)

I have a 1060 6g and I can run any game I care to play 120-150fps with high settings, a 1660ti should be fine for you.

1080p is peanuts for anything released after 2016 so pick anything according to budget.

1080TI is almost double a 2060 which is already overkill

Yeah. A 1660Ti will be fine. They're solid, inexpensive cards and you don't have to navigate the landmine of shitty used cards.

Same price as when it was new, lol.

Bases or crinfe?

Attached: ZGP9Y`VJRSV4Q]1XK9T)_`0.png (1025x521, 129K)

How often do you build a new system? How long do you plan to keep it?
Is there anything else you'll do with your machine other than gaming?
What OS are you running now / do you plan to run in the future?

pt 2

Attached: WDF3KI7GWSV_H4(GD[KM174.png (771x523, 79K)

Check prices for the Freezer 33.
Get a MSI B450 Tomahawk.
Check prices for the EVGA 1660Ti dual fan.
Remember to get a EVGA G2, G3 or a Seasonic PSU, avoid Corsair PSUs.

You can probably find a 2060 for like $30 CAD more and get 10-15% better performance.

>Corsair PSU
>Asrock mobo
Yikes!

Attached: 1551741253508.jpg (499x500, 29K)

wait for navi

there are zotac 2060s for $500 but i've never heard anything positive about zotac and everyone in the thread is shilling the 1660

2060 is $520-600 CAD, its like you don't know Canada at all.

>recommending him an MSI motherboard

uhh sweety that mobo doesn't go with that CPU

Why do we hair Corsair now?

Corsair PSU's are fine. Won't fry your system in case of a failure.

Everyone (Except Gigabyte best motherboard) have shitty motherboards.
Everyone forgot how to make proper VRM heatsinks, and lets not forget the magic 12phase VRM scam from Gigabyte and ASRock.

$520-530 is upper end of 2060s at my local shop in Calgary.

im just gonna SLI 2080's and call it good

its fucking ridiculous. Still rolling in my 970 ftw

Good cases, good fans, so-so PSUs made in China.
Remember that Corsair doesn't make their own PSUs, they rebrand them.
You never cheap out in your PSU, its the first rule of building a PC.

>was all set to buy a pc before this thread
>now i'm back to the dude wait lmao mode
i hate video games

The ones they rebrand from Seasonic are good though.
But TLDR of them is you pay more for the brand while you get the same product other brands sell.

Thoughts? Would be buying a used 1070ti from eBay, so that would be around $400 instead of the listed price. Already have my peripherals, a monitor, and a 2 TB HDD.

Attached: 19a02c3a-88e6-45b8-8e5f-e3fb1e565e34.png (1189x685, 62K)

Just buy what you want and once new parts come out sell your current ones to upgrade.
So far the only new things coming that are good are AMD CPUs, which you can easy upgrade to since they will work with AM4 motherboards.

>dude wait lmao
Welcome to tech in general m8, it's always constantly upgrading. Just get something you're satisfied with and hold on to it for as long as possible until something else worthwhile comes along.

Is the 2060 worth the extra canucky fun buux

Attached: V88IZACL@J_D0158BW_2~AF.png (803x308, 78K)

Get a Freezer 33.
Get a MSI B450 Tomahawk.
There is cheaper RAM around with the same specs.
A 1-2TB HDD?

>want to buy a shiny new, high end graphics card for gaming
>don't want to support nvidias overpricing and choke hold on the market
>amd and intel are being idiots

Attached: 0235B8CE-00BD-44E3-BA3F-7EE6660DD10D-189-00000031FA132ED7.png (640x368, 180K)

Its a fucking chore I know. Save some money and build a nice rig so you dont need to upgrade for the next 4-5 years.

No.

Yeah I said fuck it to DDR5 and am now buying a new system as soon as possible.

My card is dying, and I've had this thing for probably over 7 years or close to it now (GeForce GTX 650). What should I buy to replace it? I don't need anything super high end.

If you buy halfway decent hardware, that shit will last you for ages if you don't insist on maxing everything out at 4k 120fps for a decade. I'm still rocking a nearly 7 year old 670, and only just now really am starting to actually feel like I need to upgrade to play some newer stuff I'd like to play.

Anything as long your PSU can power it.

>tfw my gtx 970 still runs most games at 60fps
Its my cpu that needs to go. But im upgrading everything soon just saving the cash.

Get a 1660

will there be any changes/announcements in the next two weeks that impact gpus? when is the next time amd would announce anything? i was gonna get a card this week but i could just hold off til my tax return anyway

Vega and Radeon 7 aren't bad choices now if you don't want go get an Nvidia. The performance is pretty reasonable for the price and AMD finally has drivers you'd actually want to use, at least on some platforms.

AMD Navi is comming this year senpai.

Not till June.

Asus has the best motherboards and always had.

Who makes the best 1660 cards?

When it comes to B450 no, MSI just destroys everyone with the Tomahawk and mortar motherboards.
When it comes to X470 that is another story but still the MSI X470 gaming plus, Gaming pro carbon and the Gigabyte Aorus gaming 7 are solid choices over any other motherboard.

EVGA(Only the dual fan version).
Then MSI and ASUS cards.
Then the rest are pretty much the same quality wise.

>Why EVGA
Good heatsink, 150w Power limit instead the stock 120W so its great for overclocking.

Gaming Plus and Gaming Pro Carbon both have horrific Bios and Gigabyte Aorus has a shit build.

Aorus 5 yes, 7 no, still any other Gigabyte motherboard sucks.
Mostly everything from ASUS either sucks VRM wise or its just too expensive to be worth it, ASRock is just shit in general.

Thoughts? I want Mini-ITX for desk space and I picked that CPU to wait for Ryzen3 in June/July.
Also,what's a good pack of RGB fans/fan controller to pick up?

Attached: intheworks.png (1045x798, 73K)

>1tb of ssd for $100
Woah what the fuck when did this happen

>RGB
>Cheaps in the CPU
>WD Gold
You just went for the most expensive stuff around didn't you?
Just got mATX instead and save yourself some money for a good build.

Since 2 months ago.

Absolutely based

How is the 2700X as a cpu for gaming?

Whoops, thought I replied to you. I've got a spare £700 coming in shortly, but I don't want to spend all of that on a graphics card. I can also save for a bit if need be. Isn't a 1060 a bit feeble? t. knows nothing about cards

>£700
Just get a new 1660Ti and call it a day, any card will be a huge upgrade from your current card.

And they will keep getting way cheaper as time goes.
Check the ADATA SU800 1TB for something cheaper ($115 last time i checked).

>even remotely implying AMD

Attached: nvidia amd.jpg (1000x991, 416K)

Still using a GTX 980 since release.

4GB vram represent

Attached: C84B0291-51E2-4949-889C-4D8CA8C853A0.jpg (850x1181, 147K)

All motherboard manufacturers lie about VRM's, it's commonplace now and it has been commonplace a decade ago, so it's not really an argument against it.

Same. Been thinking of upgrading, but holy shit those prices.

so it's not a meme.
It's the future
it's just not worth it right now.

You can manually check them yourself.

Intel CPU's are shit, they've been left behind. AMD still can't make a decent GPU to save their lives though.

when ray tracing is normalized... god damn, salivating.

Did you not fucking read my post your troglodyte? I said I was getting a cheap ass CPU while I wait for Ryzen 3 to drop in June/July. I will thank you for pointing out I got a terrible 2TB HD though. I know there's cheaper Western Digital ones.

If you're going to get a card just get the highest most expensive card. People will tell you every other card isgarbage.

Price/performance is almost never worth it for the most expensive cards on the market.

>Imagine paying more for a card that claims to do raytracing
>You can do that with other old cards too

They just tried to scam dumb pc cucks and thankfully a fair few of PC whores already knew what was going on. (At least the ones with knowledge on graphics).
RTX cards are just another line of cards as with any other time pretty much, also they blow up.

What i meant is that why the fuck are you wasting money in RGB instead performance if you are going to get a ITX case anyway.
You could get a 2200G instead the 200GE performance is horrible even as a temporal CPU.
Also there are better alternatives when it comes to liquid cooling.

Do you think a 1080 ti is a sensible purchase for someone who wants to futureproof their PC but doesn't have a huge budget, or is the £500ish used asking price most places have it for too steep? Also, any additional expenses in the form of other hardware needed to support it?

>tfw ltsb 1607 with a 1050ti
>RTX cards require update for the drivers to work
>guess I'll just go fo-
>1660Ti also needs update to work
>keep hearing about LTSC randomly deleting user files

Then get a 590 or something

>KNOW THAT'S SHIT TOO
Every card is shit going by Yea Forums and /g/ standards. So I guess designed and build your own fucking cards.

Is the 670 that bad? It's been putting up a pretty good fight all these years.

LTSC got a re-release fixing that problem.
And the cumulative updates fixes all other problems.
Unlike LTSB, LTSC is getting more than only security updates.
And 1809 only had the deleting files problem when you used the upgrade option or upgraded through WU, not from a clean install.

Not bad, just new cards are really good and devs have gotten lazy like you have no idea.

The 670 is a great card if you're not playing anything brand new or you're fine playing on low settings. New cards are a HUGE step up in performance from the 670.

Raytracing will work in windows 1607 and windows 7 soon because dev adoption has been total shit.

>tfw you still have a 970 3.5gb card
want to upgrade but i quess i'll wait until I get a new monitor I like

Ti also needs update to work
It doesn't, im using it with Windows 7 currently in my Haswell build.

RTX gimps fps by like 20-30%. At 1440p with RTX on, a 2060, depending on the game, will fall far short of 60 fps.

So for 1440p + RTX, you want at least a 2070. If you don't care about RTX, then you may as well just get a 1660 ti. If you're happy to stay at 1080p, that's a different story, but that resolution is becoming dated. For a new purchase, the economical option would be to spend more now and get a card that'll last you for a long time at 1440p.

Damn, I guess I better get around to moving up then. Come to think of it, I don't think I've played anything at all demanding since Arkham Knight, and that was this year after they'd patched it back to health, so I guess I haven't really noticed. 1660 Ti it is I guess, thanks guys.

You can find used 1070TI's on the cheap these days.

Do that instead, honestly. A 2060 would give you about the same performance, and you'll never actually be able to use the raytracing on even a 2080 unless you don't mind halving your frames, if not more.

>poorfags that just don't buy whatever the best card is

How cheap should one be aiming for?

Am I pleb?
I've got a 1060 and don't feel the need to upgrade at all.

I have an rtx 2060
upgraded from a 970 and im loving it i have no intention of switching to 4k any time soon and this card only loses a few frames in 1080P compaired to a 1080TI but its like half the price

Wait awhile for lower power consumption cards
Of the three RTX cards I've had so far, all three failed after a week or two. I didn't even really put them to work either since I've just got a 1080p 60hz screen.

In Australia, you can get used 1070's for 300-350AUD, as compared to the RRP of 580~ to 700~

If you're in the US or Canada, your chances are probably better, the used markets over there are far stronger. Check your local craigslists etc. A friend of mine in California picked up a 1070TI for 199USD last week.

>as compared to the RRP of 580~ to 700~

Thats the RRP for a 2060, I should clarify.

Because you dont, there isn't anything good this generation.

Give it to me straight Yea Forums, should I get the RX 580 or the new GTX 1660? I had the 1060 6GB in mind but I've been told it was a direct upgrade. I'm mostly concerned about the power consumption as I don't mind paying slightly more now compared to what it'll cost me in the long run.

1660Ti, 120W tops.

Thanks, I don't know how I fucking missed both having TDP around 120.

>vidya cards are too expensive at $199 usd
everyone, the fatty american

crinbf

I have gigabyte windforce and it work without problems for 5 years now, it's loud only if try to play shit that your PC is unable to hold up but 660 is fucking old crap so I don't expect miracle as poorfag

>crinbf
everyone, the uneducated fatty american

crinfe

crinfè

1060 (6gb) was great value and runs everything.

No. Buy a 1660Ti for $80 less.

RX580/GTX1060
Either of those will max at 1080p60 no problem.

user, stop! You have an AMD CPU paired with an Intel board.

Buy a 1080 or 1080ti instead,

RX580 is dirt-cheap depending on where you look too, I snagged an 8GB MSI model for $100 off of eBay.

Does the 2060 have anything going for it over the 1660 ti?

Slight performance bump, raytracing stuff that 3 games use right now. Other than that, no.

You can get an RX 580 with like DMC 5, RE2 and Division 2 for like 160 right now.

Basically getting the card for free if you wanted all three of those games and planned to buy them

Damn, where's that deal? I was gonna get DMC 5 and I was at least thinking about RE2, if I was less of a puss.

Be real with me, what's the catch. Why does everyone seem to prefer nvidia over amd, what am I going to discover wrong with this card?

RX 580 is cheaper, performs way worse since its a 2 year old card that was made to match the 1060 6GB performance.
The GTX 1660Ti is better since it was made to replace the 1070.

Right, right. And I so wanted that free DMC.

It's just old

A pretty cheap 14% performance increase. Compare the 2060 to 2070 and that's way more expensive.

What about a 590? I assume that's also old, but if not it's actually cheaper than a 580 where I'm looking

Look at this and its up to you which one you get.

Attached: the-witcher-3_1920-1080.png (500x610, 41K)

Thank you. Pretty sharp drop off there, huh.

Get that instead if it's cheaper than a 580

if intel would reasonably price their shit AMD wouldnt be in business anymore.

the fact that they dont (they really dont have too either because coughing up an extra 150~300$ for top of the line is very easy to trivialize for most) is pretty silly. I would like the company a lot more if they did but until then anyone with a brain is gonna stick to AMD+medium scope gaming.

Well the RX 580 was released in 2017 and the 590 is just a overclocked 580 refresh while the 1660Ti is a brand new card.
Its not that people like Nvidia more, its just that hating on AMD gets you replies so people shitpost about it.

It's not between those two, it's whether I get one of those or an nvidia.

Also the RX 580 is a refresh from the 480 which is a 2016 card.

Just get a used 1080ti, you can easily find a used one with warranty for 400$ or less. Graphics cards have no moving parts except fans so being used in cryptomining is not a issue, and lots of people bounce off of it because its not as profitable as they think

Attached: nrfL0N7.jpg (1080x1275, 67K)

rx 470 is same price as 1050 ti , it blows the absolute shit out of it, but still rather get a used gtx970 or something

Frankly you are going to be pushing it if you get a higher res monitor in the next few years with that 6gb of vram. I have an 8gb card and vram usage occasionally gets tight for me with only my 1440p monitor.

Ouch. Okay okay but get this, which about the RX Vega 56
Thinking about it like an arch-hebrew, it'd be like £30 cheaper to do that with the free games than buy a 1660 Ti and buy DMC, and apparently its performance is very slightly higher, or at least negligibly different.

I have a Asus 1060 6GB, when should I upgrade?

*570 shit

Attached: eating-tacos-1457305.jpg (1300x957, 303K)

Oh and also, does AMD not play nice with Intel?

Its a good card, the only problem of the Vega 56 is the 300W power draw.

If you mean Intel CPU with AMD GPU that doesn't matter.

Newegg has it

You'll be fine for a year or two probably

There are only like three manufacturers of PSUs everybody else rebrands from.

brand loyal retards are starting early

Fucking hell, that really isn't very favourable compared to 120W. Might just suck up the extra expense to avoid having it melt.

Vega 56 is pretty much on par with the 2060. It's 5% slower at stock but you can gain 15% from UV/oc compared to only 5% or so from oc Nvidia cards since they boost near max out of the box.
You have to look at a range of games and not just Nvidia Gameworks games.

Vega 56 is 200w

I can count atleast 10.
Seasonic, FSP, Greatwall, Superflower, HEC, Andyson, CWT, Flextronic, EE, Sirtec.

meme. I got my rx 580 for $120au which is fuck all and it'll keep me until navi or better nvidia pricing. then i'll get 1440p and use this monitor as my secondary

Attached: speccy.png (465x366, 17K)

TDP != power consumption.

Gonna buy a 2060
>Beats 1070 TI slightly while at basically the same price
>Worse than 1080 slightly but also cost 200 less
>Uses turing and have RTX just so I can turn it on for five seconds and realize how distracting it is

Hmm, that's quite compelling. Is power still an issue relative to the 2060? And for that matter, is it much of an issue at all, or is 300W manageable?

I'm not going off tdp, I'm going off my own readings.
The board even has a 180w power limit at stock. No where near 300w, that's Vega 64 on stock turbo bios.

Firstly it's not 300w, it's 200-210w at stock and less if you undervolt. 2060 draws like 180w so the difference is negligible imo, maybe a buck or two extra power a year?

Better to check some reviews and benchmarks than take stuff from here as facts.

I'd take the 56 over a 2060 anyday just for the 8gb vram buffer.

Alright, I'll do some proper research before I actually buy but I think you've sold me, thank you. Other than the raytracing meme it seems like it can do pretty much everything to an at least satisfactory degree.

Those temps

Attached: images.jpg (188x164, 5K)

Could cook food at that temperature

Speccy never got Ryzen support before Avast closed piriform(the devs of speccy and ccleaner) when they bought them.

its just speccy

Attached: temp.png (309x145, 34K)

That is because if speccy cant read the CPU temperature sensor it uses the motherboard CPU temperature sensor.
The socket will always be way warmer than the CPU itself.
Speccy last update was in 2016.

RTX is the nVidia tax for having no competiton on the high-end. Current implementations of RTX are laughably bad with frames tanking by ~50% in Tomb Raider and BFV, with DLSS effectively being ai-driven downsampling.
I've tried every RTX game/demo since release and I've only liked the realtime reflection aspect of it. RTX for global illumination (Metro, Tomb Raider), ironically look worse to me than the non-RTX shadows/lighting, because shadows are less defined and look muddled together.

Attached: 838c932a33[1].png (1016x693, 45K)

oh shit for real? Are none of the priform programs getting updates anymore?

What's a good budget upgrade coming from a rx 470
1660 ti a good idea?
Rx 590?
Wait for amds rtx competitor?

Avast bought Piriform in 2016, they told everyone that wasn't related to CCleaner to fuck off so all the other programs they made stopped getting updates(Recuva which is a free data recovery tool, defraggler which is a defragging tool, among others) .
2 years later they fired the people that made CCleaner.

Wait for AMD/GTX 1660Ti.

Are there any two-fanned EVGA 1660Ti?

Yes.

welp. rip in fucking ripperoni. Is auslogics an Ok company? I remember them being ok but there new(?) site redesign makes them look like those fake product sites from the early 2000s that trick you into downloading a virus

Then I guess they just haven't made it here then, thanks

what is the second best manufacturer in terms of warranty

>Redpill me on the 20XX series of graphics cards. Are they memes? The 2060 seems suspiciously good for its price

I got the 2080ti a few weeks after it released. They're not a meme if you want to max settings almost everything at 4K. only rarely do I have to turn down some meme option like godrays as in RE2:REMAKE or something like that, to keep 60fps+ consistent. I have not tried the RTX gimmick in anything at all and I don't think it's worth it. I got this card to upgrade from my 970 and I don't regret it.

That said, just don't buy it if you can't afford it or it will just make you bitter like a shitposter. It is ridiculously expensive and not worth it if you only play games.

Attached: vvn n.png (798x495, 126K)

No, they are mostly adware iirc.

When it comes to what? GPUs? Only EVGA has good warranty, Motherboards? MSI, HDDs and SSDs? WD and Sandisk(Although WD/Sandisk SSDs aren't worth it), PSUs? Any superflower rebrand(EVGA for example) or Seasonic.

the mobo sensor shows 39/40 in bios

The best are MSI and EVGA. Even if you kill your card with OC they will cover it.

well who the fuck am I supposed to go to for those kind of programs now

where does sapphire stand on the ranking

RTX cards are a meme user, not ray tracing itself, just the RTX branded cards.
I'd recommend the 1660 Ti to save a few bucks, or a 1080 used or refurbished, over the 2060.

if you wanted all three of those games you're a dull normalfag

>Recovery
Testdisk.
>Specs
HwInfo.
>Defrag
Windows defrag or defraggler, its not like defragging has changed much in the last 10 years.

Neat, thanks user

not him sapphire are top tier in my experience. best build quality and cooling of amd cards and great support. I rma'd my old ATI card that I had for my gf's pc and they sent me a 470

honestly I'm just looking to reinforce my decision to buy a sapphire card.Thanks user

which one are you buying?

I already bought a sapphire 580 and it's pretty great I do this shit too much where I just try to justify my purchase by asking lowball questions I'm sorry user

pulse or nitro? that's alright user I think we've all done it before

It is.njust sont buy the gigabyte oc revision one. It has the shittiest cooler ever designed.

Loving my 2080Ti desu.
But yes, RTX is definitely early adopters tech. That said it looks pretty great both in Metro and BFV, the perf is fine at 1440p.

Are you a video/photo editor then? I'm interested in video editing, but I don't know much on the effects of GPU on editing other than it's faster

Lol people still buy nvidia?
Sheep

please respond to this user because I am buying a laptop this week and I need to know

gimped as always, they're usually M (as in mobile) variants that are compromised from normal cards to fit into a laptop

fuck. I have no other option, I can't buy a rig because of work so I thought if I invest enough in a laptop it'll cover me, idk what to do. fuck.

I mean you're most likely aren't going to get 4K in laptops anyways, and even 1440p is rare. At best you'd get a 1080p 144hz, but I wouldn't really recommend a high 20xx at that

coolblue.nl/en/product/824762/msi-gl73-8se-001nl.html
this is what I want to buy. I already fucked myself when I got my first laptop a few years ago, I really am hoping to get a good one this time around

>taking advice from Yea Forums to buy hardware
yeah let's ask a bunch of tech illiterate zoomies what's best for your needs. Next step is going on steam forums to get game purchase advices.
It's like you're suicidal or something.

>Isn't a 1060 a bit feeble?
Not at all

Dont listen to any asshats, anything 1050 or better quality is fine

Damn nigger you should be fine with that. Normal 2060 is slightly overkill at 1080p, and I'm guessing a laptop 2060 would work just fine for 60+ fps for the two years of its warranty.
On that note, how'd you get fucked on your first laptop though?

my needs are not high, I don't play high end shooters like Anthem and the likes but I would eventually like to try new games out. I am already on ptsd with my last laptop purchase so now I am trying to get help from as many sources as I can
I got 4 gb of ram on it. I got it on a deal type thing and obviously it was a dumb thing to do but back in 2014 I didn't know much of anything. not that I know now but I do know a little, that's why I chose that msi laptop and thought it would be a good investment but I am trying to get as much advice as I can before going to get it this week.

Something about them, the way they're so cheaply made and the wat any shit brand like "Zotac" is allowed to have a shot, gives me a bad feeling. This the reason I still keep my $3k Titan V. The best one i think I've ever had was the one I gave to my young cousin when I built his the fucking black...Titan X. If I had my way and could do it over again, would have gotten 2 black Titan x rather than the one golden Titan V that I paid..$2200 and that's worth $3k supposedly. I keep heating cunts on here "it's not reallt wort that" and yet ppl seem to buy them for thst on ebay. Wether they are scientists or programmers, not sure but they buy them

If yu're going to get one user, I'd advice you to sepnd the fucing shekels on the rnd name titan one to assure you hav e no fucking problems down the line

What are you looking out of it? I haven't considered the price for what you posted yet since I'm not sure if it's in Netherlandollars or US.
Also he's got a point as well, try asking around in /g/ and look for other references online. I will say that looking for ultra settings on a laptop is a dumb and overpriced cause, though

post yfw miners now sell their cards at loss after falling for the crypto meme

Attached: fat sergey.jpg (299x456, 111K)

I am currently living in the Netherlands but that can change considering that these last few years I've been all over the place ( Japan, Korea, Belgium and now Netherlands ). What I want is endurance and stability with the possibility of playing future games if I want to.
I am a simple man with simple needs, atm I only play Path of Exile and WoW but I would like to try out some of the games I missed because my current laptop is unable to run such as DOOM, Mass Effect Andromeda ( maybe I'll skip this one ), Assassins Creed games and so on. I don't play online shooters like Battlefield and the likes so that's that.

I just don't want to worry about wanting to play a game and be unable to do so, that's pretty much what it boils down to.

Overclocking is a confused issue with the RTX series, because they already have adaptive clock speed as standard. It's actually perfectly normal if you have MSI Afterburners OSD on to see it hit 2050Mhz as it ramps voltage up for more demanding scenes.

>The 2060 seems suspiciously good for its price
youtube.com/watch?v=J-sQFN1R5jM

Attached: 6GB.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Obviously, no one here would trust anyone from ZOG they met on here, but I guess most cards are a lot cheaper in ZOG than in Europe, since I've had at least 4 different friends mail cards here and then have me mail them on to their home Euro nations. Of course, you need to do it carefully since the motherfuckers want their VAT.
If any of you cunts have just enought o pay the ZOG price put not the Euro price, I'll leave proton mail mail if anyone wants and can try to figure out a way to establish trust. All I ask for is the fucking postage, and you have to be a white European, nut doing any favors for shitskns.

Wait for DDR5

are you me?

My 970gtx still runs fine thou. Getting 50fps+ in most new games on at least high detail at 1440p.
I wanted to update to 2080, but NVjews went with only 8GB ram for it and 2080ti with 11GB is overpriced as fuck. Guess NV needed to justify TI existense some how, coz noone gives a fuck about RTX-Meme and more gigarays of TI alone.
Checked out Radeon VII. But its a barbeque grill which also furiously fucks your electricity bills while not even matching 2080 speeds for the same price.
This gfx gen is trully shitty... Only retards buy this shit.

Attached: 15483494912351.jpg (460x524, 43K)

Has anyone had any chance to compare different versions of 2080ti? I fucking got a ZOTAC, since it was all amazon had at the time and I had an Amazon gift card. I really wish I'd waited a bit and gotten the fucking name brand, which is the same fucing price at this point, but I cain't complain (at least not yet) since the ZOTAC has been working impeccably.

Fairly happy with my 2080ti, having 150-300 fps makes me feel set for the next few years while I save up to upgrade.

Attached: 1552474164584.gif (540x501, 1.56M)

I think the 2060 is pretty good but then again I upgraded from a 7970 which was just as expensive with three times the power draw and noise.

>, but NVjews went with only 8GB ram for it and 2080ti with 11GB is overpriced as fuck
Dude, when I was havig my manic episode, I bought a fuckload of RAM that I now don't need, since all my board will take has been put into there. I fucking hate and don't trust Amazon, I live in NYS. If you live anywhere close and want to buy them for below half the retail after you see thatt hey work, happy to that.
Same goes for anyone else. I have fucking 4 different coolers I paid over $12- during my "manic" stage, and now they are just sitting there. They are all cursair, all high quality. I simply need to wash off the fukingshit you put on the back of the CPUT, an then it's good as new and comes with a 3 level ran, the fuckign mental thing to cover the CPU, etc...
I guess I'm really much better just setting yo a fucking ebay, but I hate those theiving pricks. But U have SOOO much shit icluding 4 diff cases that cost over $220 US, 4 motherboards, 3 cpus, etc...
Already made my nephew a computer, no one else in my family wants or deserves one so going to either sell OR give away if it's a really deserving punter,

Are you on some kind of medication?

Attached: 1511770486300.gif (352x264, 2M)

Vengeance, Crucial, Trident Z-- have a total of 9 fucking RAM not using, some 16, and some 8. If I'm not going to use it (almost surely not) much rather give ti to some cunt who deserves it. As a last resort, would put in ebay...

>Are you on some kind of medication?
Not currently, other than xanax. I made a shitload of money on bitcoin, got out and dumped EVEYTHING the day th DM ran the article about it, which for my was the equivlent of the elevator boy giving Joe Kennedy stock tips. But vast, ast majority in the bank, but kept...ot gonna say how much in case IRS is wathing but OF COURSE it was less than $9,999 jut to fuck around with and get all the computer shit I ever wanted. Bored with it now..

I don't think a 2060 is a right fit for you then. All it has to show for it is the underused RTX feature (although there's no telling the future of it, but even then it's just an optional effect). Get one with a 1070 or better for cheaper would be my advice, should last about 3 years with graphic tweaks and less frames. Also don't forget to screen the other parts so you don't get shafted with shit RAM or storage

>Graphics cards have no moving parts except fans so being used in cryptomining is not a issue,
t. retard

Any reason to go past 1050ti for 1080p?

You check benchmarks and compare prices.
Its that simple.
I got a 2060 for a decent price and that was about as much as I wanted to spend.

Attached: 1528268112521.gif (525x525, 1.31M)

??? It's about VRAM of a graphic card not regular RAM.
VRAM is needed for rendering application if you intend to render with IRAY. The more ram your GFX card has, the larger scene you can render. If a scene cant fit into VRAM, most gfx apps switch to rendering on CPU, which is MUCH MUCH slower.

8GB vs 11GB for gaming doenst make much difference atm. So far only RE2 could fully utilize large VRAM. But the difference (max rez textures) wasnt very visible.

Slight future proofing

>1080 is cheaper and its better than 2060
where I live, I can get a NEW 2060 for half the price of a new 1080, and about 100-200 less than a used one

Yes? The 1050ti isn't good for 1080p beyond low or lowest settings, maybe higher depending on the game. 1060 6GB would be better over it, but if you upgraded from the 1050 ti, I'd say get one of the 1660 cards, ti or regular.

>Are you on some kind of medication?
Addendum- love hoe you say that and concern that face, as if it's meant to somehow...IDK, somehow invalidate me. Would you do the same to a cunt who was on insulin? A bit OT, but my GF (who actuall comes from old Southern money, the Jeelry store she usually use is "Mendikow, which is based in memphis, nashvile, and NZ). She wanted something to match a set, we were dressed normally, not like we had money and we got a REAL fucking cunt, like right our the fucking movies, cunt.
Unfortunately for cunt, she didn't know I had gone throw Betty Ford wit the manager. In spite of it being his day off, nf even though we were close, I insisted he come down (ir wasn't all out of good ness of his heart, he knows how much we spend there a year) and so, right in his pajamas and in front of everyone, he fired the fucking cunt.
I'm usualy NOT a vengeful or mean dude, but when you're being refered to in front of thr whole store as "White Trash" and "the clampets"when my wide has a duke UG day, won't say which iby my degree is from, and when you were fucking flow up there in your wife's 12 seat plane, ar some point, the absue becaue enough, and she wouldn't hae done it with a Jew.
Vheck in on her "linked in" noe and then, trying to figure out where he is trying to get a job, and try to fucking stop it if I can. And then, hacing fallen into the habit of the lin e from the the movie "a bronx tal" (she made a reference to me being a "guinea since my name ended ina malue, despite the fact i'm noy even ITalian( sometimes I reminf her "remember me, I'm the one who did this to you."
I know, "fuck yout blog post," and, no, I'm usually not the kind who seeks that kind of revenge, but she fucking humiliated me in front of my fiancee, my soon to be step kids, and just about the entire store where some of the locals know me, and'...his cunt went too far, leave it at that.

K, also, tfw bought a ryzen 7 3 weeks ago and the price just dropped

Could the 2070 be the best value-for-your-money card out there right now?

Thats the shittiest feel user.
>buy something
>not long after thing you bought goes on sale

>All these "Dude just buy a used 1080ti" retards
It's like everyone fucking forgot that bubble just burst

Attached: 1541084516715.png (413x353, 243K)

>unironic crazy blogging
i'm gonna haveto go with yikes on this one

>??? It's about VRAM of a graphic card not regular RAM.
Ah, OK, my mistake, I read it too quickly ('''MAY I ASO USE THIS CHANCE TO SCOLD ANY FUCKING WHITE WHO EVER, EVER USES NEGRO EXPRESSIONS SUCH AS MY BAD'''? ) TALK ABOUT BEING AN U PROFESSIONAL, WIGGER ASSHOLE?

Ok, so my 2080ti Zotac is 11GB/Spectra/Fire Storm/Ray Racing/GDDR6)

Well, seems just about the same as most of them:11 GB, Factory Overclocked, Etc..."

how much should i wait before i buy a 1660 then?

wanted to do the same, but then the news about Ryzen 3000 broke.
So will be getting Ryzen 9 3850X soonish :)

>i'm gonna haveto go with yikes on this one
Gee, (((fellow user))), you sure sound ;ke you have been a long time, since all indications are that you're such a mell guy!!!"

(((unironic))), (((yikes)))

Attached: fotnite.jpg (960x640, 142K)

Nvidia will release drivers fucking over 10xx cards like they always do in order to get their customers to upgrade.

ouch, did i hit a nerve there?

>That feel when I got an used Asus RX 580 8GB that's still on warranty for 100 dollarydoos.

I won't need to upgrade for years to come becaus

Attached: oppression.jpg (491x488, 19K)

Entirely dependent on your money flow.
If you honestly believe you're going to be able to pick the exact moment it's the most cost effective to buy something you're a fucking retard.
I honestly think you should fucking buy it if you're able to, you could fucking die a month from now, from literally anything.
Do you want to buy all the shit you want now and have a month with it, or do you want to buy it in 3 weeks and have a week with it.
Sometimes you gotta just strike while the iron is hot, don't be some spineless bitch that's going to piss and moan over 30$

>le propriety hardware acceleration face
Kys dumb shill.

Remember when intel made those Extreme models for the 4k series that had 6+ physical cores, crazy clock speeds, and could use like 4x the amount of ram before everyone was doing it?

It's basically that for GPUs.

My intel cpu tackles everything I throw at it without breaking a sweat or reaching above 50c in non-synthetics without giving me tons of problems like my 2700x based system. Big plus to not having to hunt for b-die just for the fucking thing to perform to spec.

t. 9900k owner

Attached: LooneyTunes.jpg (300x203, 25K)

I bought a 1080 for €300 did I do good

I just want to play games on 1920x1080. Fuck this industry

Yes, they were technicaly left behind, but they are still leading, because big companies are optimize for Intel CPU.
Adobe for example. If you do lots of rendering in Premiere or AE, then you still get better performance out of Intel CPU, even if Ryzen sounds better on a paper. Also less bugs.

>you could fucking die a month from now, from literally anything.
amazing argument. why don't you blow all of your money, since you know, you could die any minute

Thinking about selling my Titan V, and though I won't get the $3k they claim it is worth, should get enough to buy 2 of them for "SOMETHING LIKR: ab

Attached: nvidia_rtx2080_13-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 193K)

It's only worth it if you have a terrible card, if you have a 1060 or 1070 don't bother.

I buy all the shit I want buddy, if you can't responsibly afford something why the fuck are you entertaining the idea of buying it.

Attached: 1542538894302.jpg (521x592, 59K)

yes fuck you I want that deal

i can afford to buy a fucking house right now, i just don't see how i should be spending money just because i can spend money
>"just buy buy buy, you could ide tomorrow! live your life!"
this is why everyone in burgerland are in fucking debt.

2060 is the best bang for the buck and is around 1070ti level
2070 is 1080
2080 is 1080 ti
2080ti is around titan v
All mediocre cost more for no performance gains and rtx is useless.
Skip them and wait for 7nm gen 2 gpus
1660ti Vega 56 and 1080 Ti are the best value new or used

I bought it off a friend wasn't sure if he jewed me or not

correct answer

>I could afford to buy a house
>So I will get riled up over a conversation over a GPU
Are you okay user? Where did I tell this guy to take a loan out for a fucking GPU, if you're so fucking stupid you're buying shit and going into debt over it, you honestly deserve the life lesson for being so god damn stupid.
I'm not here to manage some user's fucking finances, I'm here to tell him that he can get money back, HE CAN NOT GET TIME BACK.
If you want to buy a fucking house get one, if you don't, then don't, don't fucking say you want one and bitch when someone tells you to buy one you fucking sperg

Attached: 1540265019567.png (265x396, 123K)

Nice try Jensen.

Attached: qrqxemmebin21.png (960x640, 335K)

Just bought pic related.
Tell how I made a mistake so I can kill myself earlier then intended.

Attached: 71JbXqyfZIL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 27K)

>>So I will get riled up
except i'm not. you on the other hand could calm down a bit

Ah okay, stay the fuck out of conversations that aren't directed at you then, tiny dicked ass nigga

Radeon 7 hardware wise isn't so bad but the drivers and software all the way to the firmware to the fan curve is dogshit.
Have to use meme non reusable thermal pad because of shit cooler design making it run hot and loud as fuck as well as broken wattman and other stuff that still isn't fixed
Good news is that some sort of dx12 dxr and vulkan rt is coming to Vega but again don't hold your breath
No current gen gpu is worth over 500usd the sweet spot right now is gtx 1080 Ti used Vega 56 uv oc and 1660ti/2060 at 1440p 100hz+

Had one since launch its fantastic
Get some fast memory 3200 cl14 or better and a good cooler easy 4ghz+ all core
I only have a midrange gpu (1080) but can hit 100fps+ 2k easily gpu bottlenecked
I'm waiting for Arcturus and nvidia 7nm

if you paid $600 or under you did good

If I wanted to upgrade from a 1070, would it be better to save up for a 2070, just save up for a 2080, hope that AMD releases actually good new GPU's, or wait it out until nvidia releases a new GPU series thats more powerful then the 20 series?

Wait on Navi, not necessarily because you should go AMD, but the fact that Navi existing will finally drive down the price of RTX cards, or force Nvidia to make a 1680/1680Ti if Navi can match performance.

>, did i hit a nerve there?
'''Yes, U IDID HIY S VRTNproving, again that the "left can't meme" and has absolutely no originality as you repeated-- directly, word for word, the same EAXCT insults I levied yesterday. Would you be interested in a WORD FOR WORD comparison, since, being used to you total lack of ANY grace, originality, with your innate penchant for thievery, I'v leaned to dimply RECORD EVERYTHING/EVERYWHERE fucker sat or write, knoeinf FYKK WEKK but a fe days later, just as AG said, you woll all pilr inio a corner and, just as AH said you could cliam two ave no memory of ant of..."
HAD TO END HERE, AS THE JIBBERIERSH WAS TII MUCH EVEN FOR ME, AND AS A BOOK EDITOR, IF MY 2 ASSISTANTS DECIDED TO LEAV

E SUCH THINGS THERE IN
AN ATTEMPT TO "CAPTURE THE LOAL DIALECT AND MOOOD...AND, YEAH...FUCKING UNREADABLE.

ANYWAY, LET'S COMPARE FUCKFACE, FRO YESTERDAT WHERE I MADER YOU MY KNOLET TO DOAT, WHERE TOY ARE HANGING AROUN TRYING TI ORETEND TOY ATUALLY WIB SIMRGUMMM...LET'S GO TTTO THE TRANSCRIPTS. HYMIE...

POSTRIPT- HOW MANY TIMES IN YOUR SCREEN DID YOU POKE FUNAT MY WORDS--ALMOST ALL INTENDED AS A VODE THAT HE KNEW MSM COULD NOT DECODE (AT LEAST NOT WITHIN ID).
DO given the"creative force" you apparently believe you are (and are not at all shy in laying claim to such an ability in front of native, underage German women....having grown up with suh info CONDTSNTLY bombstdinh

That's a relief

Attached: 2dd.jpg (300x300, 15K)

based schizoposter

>RTX is a gimmick
>Wait for the new AMD GPU
Could you be any more transparently biased?

>schizoposter
YOU KNOW, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK if you fo indeed want to proclaim to people I have bipolar just a baed on a small writing, even though the size would NOT be enough for a diagnosis to be given with any degree of of confidence.
My REAL problem, however, begins when you assert that based on the writing you and (((experts))) have determined me to be a schizophrenic. hid is simply not the case, and I am ruite tempted to make a test case as far as suing for libel; i.e., making the "platform" responsible as the publiser... (con't)

Wait until the new consoles come out. I bought mine right before the PS4 came out and it fucked me over because SUDDENLY games need different things than before.
It's a bad time to buy CPUs, Graphics cards and even RAM.

You did good.

Wanted to buy me a new 1080TI here in Germany, but they are no longer available in ANY online shop or regular store any more...

Only 1070,1060 and lower tier old cards are still being sold. This seems shady as fuck.
I believe Nvidia bough them back or something, since those cards are direct and only competitors to their new 2080 overpriced fuckery, while delivering similar performance at much lower price point.

Now used 1080Tis go on ebay for 750€ and more :/ To bad I didnt grabbed one for 560€ when i had a chance...

Attached: critical-thinking.jpg (322x373, 35K)

>Do not build prebuilts, they are bad because their durability sucks and are way too expensive than building it yourself.
This isn't as much the case as it used to do. The cost of components in general has increased so much that there is not a huge difference in the price of pre-builts and home-made.

But, yes, components that actually go into them will be lower quality. The motherboard and GPU will be the same, but they won't be using name brand storage drives (and probably not RAM, either). The fans also tend to be on the lower end (speaking of, water cooling is a meme and doesn't benchmark any higher than a quality fan so don't sweat that).

That said, computers are made to be upgraded and those parts aren't meant to last more than a few years regardless. You will replace them before they die of poor quality. Except fans. Poor quality fans tend to die in a year or so. But they're also dirt cheap to replace. My PC has 7 fans @ $15 each. 1 of them breaking isn't going to stop the computer from booting.

I've had a 1080 since 2017
No reason to upgrade the high end is fucktarded these days
Who else waiting for 7nm mainstream cards not faggot workstation cards

Intel can't reasonably price their CPUs because how they're made. Also shit yields

>Nvidia has allegedly stopped production of the GTX 1080 Ti
pcbuildersclub.com/en/2018/11/nvidia-has-allegedly-stopped-production-of-the-gtx-1080-ti/

well this explains it

Shame because the 1080 Ti is the only nvidia gpu worth buying for high end gaming
20xx is dogshit

Facts

Bros please help. Looking to upgrade my toaster. Price not really an issue, looking for something really good that will future proof me. Everyone in here seems to think RTX 2060 is shit? Should I just invest in 1080?

What specs u have atm?

AMD R9 360 2gb
8GB GDDR5

Correct. The hardware only accelerates it a bit in some cases.

>GDDR5 as RAM
wat?

Will a 2080 be a good upgrade over a 970 for 1440p144?

nigger everyone has the same RAM nowadays.
who the fuck DOESNT use 2 sticks 8gb?

If price wasn't an issue you'd buy a 2080ti and be done with it instead of begging for spoonfeeding like a retard.

Rest of your pc?
That gpu is horrible desu a 1080 56 or 1660ti 2060 would be a huge upgrade

I'd unironically wait a couple of months for zen 2 and navi info if you are building with any sort of budget in mind.

The 2600 comes with a stock cooler just about as good as the one you would buy anyway, also as others have said you need a different mobo for it.

Just grab a used 1080ti off of ebay or something. I managed to get one for 450 only slightly used. Been using it for over 6 months without an issue. If you're scared about buying used shit or whatever, then just wait for the next gen of cards because the 20xx series is a flat out waste.

itt: nvidia shills trying to dissuade you from buying used 1080ti. Cryptomining has NO adverse effect on videocard aside maybe if the card was poorly cooled, and often you can get a used card with long warranty.

>using speccy
get a real hard ware monitor like a man, you dildos.

Attached: Specs.png (833x835, 127K)

Do not buy a Gigabyte card.
They have a terrible RMA process and abnormally high chance of failure.

Just only buy from Microcenter or Amazon. They have great return policies regardless of manufacturer. Never buy from NewEgg since they hare chinks and won't accept damaged or fucked up hardware. Got a MOBO with bent pins and ChinkEgg wouldn't RMA it because it was damaged. Well, no shit that's why im returning it. Fucked right out of the box and they wouldn't accept it.

Attached: 1504490133529.gif (188x199, 62K)

4K60FPS is nice

Attached: Forza Horizon 4 3_23_2019 3_31_49 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.25M)

no shit. you don't upgrade from generation to generation, you retard

What should I upgrade to from my 970 if I want to do 1440p/120fps?
I was thinking a 2070 or whatever AMD's equivalent for it is.

This
Thank fuck my random chink eBay seller was based (aus) and fixed my 1080 g1
Good cooler but man the card is absolutely garbage
Worst card failure I had was a pcs 390x with no fan controller lol
Back in the day a 3 years old gpu would make new games basically unplayable especially in the 90s-00s fuck off u gay ass faggot zoomer
T. 90s kid

This. Crypto niggers undervolt their GPUs too

1080 Ti Vega 7 to be on the safe side
Sadly rtx is hot shit
Also this.
Fuck aussie retailers almost every one has tried to scam me including pccg

wait for 7nm. Current gen isn't better than last gen and you didn't upgrade last gen so why upgrade now?

I just get everything from Microcenter and I drive an hour 1 way to get there because they will accept any return. I had a small scratch on the glass of my case and they accepted it.
I've also never had an issue with Amazon and in fact they gave me a Hyper 212 evo for free because something came later than the expected arrival date.

>isn't better than last gen
It is better but not by that much. I upgraded to a 2080 from a 970 and got a 1440p/144hz monitor. Shit is cash.

Attached: 1544406465798.gif (328x272, 261K)