Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong

Attached: sekiro-01embargo-6-1528726646-11-3pm-pt-1548867368.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hRK_8vw1DrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JDIewR1_vJM
reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/b50qmo/sekiro_has_revealed_my_dirty_secret_im_a_fraud/
youtube.com/watch?v=X0TlkTjcYQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anglos need to git gud

Best soulsborne.

the soundtrack

nothing. it's unironically the best in the series yet

Nothing, best soulsborne game after bloodborne. Combat is amazing and rewarding, game is huge, unique boss designs, lots of upgrades etc... 10/10

It's the best From game yet. Some might say Bloodborne/DS1 is better, but those fall off HARD in the second half, and Sekiro is actually even through the whole game.

>No customization
>No cool weapons and armors to find
>Heavily scripted
>Missed parries become blocks because it would be too hard otherwise
>Can't see Emma's feet.

Any more questions?

Nothing. I was indifferent to the Souls games and Miyazaki managed to convert me into liking them with this game. Gave me feeling I wanted for so long with some of the bosses.

>>No customization
why is this bad

>>Scripted
Have you even played through the entire game?

It isn't PS4 exclusive. That's the only thing stopping it from being good and worth discussing on Yea Forums.

Ignoring the typical gripes of the souls-centric crowd: The game tried too hard to be a wedding of a tenchu game and a souls game and was only medicore at both aspects. This is probably because it started development as a Tenchu game and evolved into an action game later. The meager stealth elements aren't justified by the level design and quickly lose all satisfaction, becoming just repetitive motions you go through to get to whatever new boss you're trying to fight. The new combat mechanic makes for satisfying engagements but ultimately winds up feeling too repetitive in the later stages of the game, because the combat arts and prosthetics while interesting and sometimes fun to use, don't add much meaningful variation to the combat overall, where parrying and punishing are still your main mode of most engagements.

Plus the minibosses are all shit compared to the actual bosses, which there are far fewer of.

you know from soft makes games other than souls-shit right

And you know that until DeS, From was known as "that company that makes absolute garbage games and sometimes armored core", right?

>watching DSP rage quit Lady Butterfly (literal tutorial boss)
>"holy shit, this is like an end game Dark Souls boss"

Hahahahaha, no wonder Yea Forums is hating on this game, can't grind levels and summon for help anymore you casual faggots

Attached: Laughing Gosling.gif (500x249, 485K)

This might be the most tedious shit I have ever played.
>most bosses has an army of mooks around him
>Have to kill all the mooks first before even trying the boss
>If you get caught you have to wait 3 minutes til they lose interest
>After killing all the mooks you can finally fight the boss
>a single hit takes off 80% of your health
>The only way to regain your resurrect point is either running all the way back to the shrine or taking out one of the bosses health bars
>most of the later bosses are very hard to actually hit, requiring you to parry to break him down
>the parry has a fucking input delay
>you have to do this entire process every time you want to fight him, which will most likely be multiple times
Repeat ad nauseam.
I have no idea what From was thinking. This is fun.
They would always make boss runs easy in the souls games, why would they change that?

>can't grind levels and summon for help anymore you casual faggots
>Can't change weapons
>Can't change play styles
>You have to fight the boss the way miyazaki designed it to be fought, according to the gimmick as it was written

No wonder these bosses feel so unsatisfying, they're basically MMO gimmick bosses, but in a single player game

you're wrong. :)

nothing went wrong, it's Froms best game and Miyazaki's magnum opus

isn't* obviously

are you retarded?

literally no boss has mobs alongside him.
try again

No? That is the game in a nutshell.
The only bosses I have had fun with are Lady butterfly and Horse man.
Then you haven't played the game.
>inb4 hurr durr mini-BOSSES aren't Bosses

>this is fun

Attached: freud.jpg (528x360, 32K)

>inb4 hurr durr mini-BOSSES aren't Bosses
they aren't.
you can stealth and take half their health away
you can run away and prepare better
you can get someone to help you against him

user you might actually be retarded
the parry is literally instantenous. it has zero delay. and all the mooks around minibosses are fodder-tier and can be dispatched with a single whirlwind strike or two shuriken

In my opinion, any character that has a name showing as you fight it, is a BOSS.

Only calling the Shinobi real bosses because it says SHINOBI SLAIN at their defeat is dumb, just like only calling Orphan of Kos and Mergo real bosses would be dumb

Nothing. Once you get the parry down and start dodging in the right directions is piss easy.

>you can stealth and take half their health away
The game expects you to do that, that is why they have such ridiculous attacks.
>you can run away and prepare better
And it resets the mooks
>you can get someone to help you against him
literally only one boss and the dude is worthless if you didn't pick off the mooks beforehand. The drunkard is the easiest boss in the game because of it.
>the parry is literally instantenous
"no"

>Orphan of Kos isn't a real boss

Attached: 1443387392098.gif (236x224, 1.87M)

Performing the lightning reversal on Genichiro is so satisfying. That fight was great.

what soundtrack?

>gyobu
>shinobi

retard

Exactly

This is actually From Software's weakest title so far
>tons of scripted events
>damage sponge enemies
>no incentive do go exploring to find unique items/lore
this is a complete step backwards from everything they've ever done, it's weird
and this was made by the same company that made Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne

I hope youre trolling

There are people going around Yea Forums saying that the only REAL bosses, are the ones who say "SHINOBI EXECUTION" when they die.

I'm point out that's a retarded point, because it's like making the claim that the only "real" bosses in bloodborne are the ones that say "NIGHTMARE SLAIN" when they die.

If an enemy has a name next to it's health bar, it's a boss.

Is this your argument? If you disagree with what I am saying then actually say it instead of "lol u stupid"

>most bosses has an army of mooks around him
Stopped reading there. You obviously rage quit at the Drunkard. Which is the very beginning.

So you're arguing that this game has 50+ bosses? Because thats wrong. Having a name doesn't make it special. Do you consider the phantom invasions in Dark Souls bosses because they have names? Fuck no. This game's minibosses can die in 30 seconds if you're good enough they do not qualify as full bosses. A boss in this game drops a memory and that includes the four monkeys at the temple and divine dragon.

I am at Genichiro

I have a theory on what kinds of people like and hate Sekiro, divided into 3 camps.
The first is the shitters; they hate the game and it’s easy to understand why: they don’t get the mechanics at all. At best it’s because they’re trying too hard to play the game like Souls, and at worst they’ve never played a game that was challenging at all. This is how you get people that slam their heads against bosses for hours and can’t even get to the second phase.
Then you have the mid-level players, these people have a grasp on the mechanics but don’t fully comprehend how deep Sekiro actually is. They are excited about the potential in the level design and bosses. They can still struggle with the game, but they like it because they feel like they’re improving and that they’ve only scratched the surface.
Finally there are the people that actually understand how deep Sekiro is, and the only word they can use to describe it is boredom. Once you truly grasp the strength of the stealth mechanics and the parry every fight becomes easily beaten in the most boring way possible. You realize that exploration is meaningless because it never leads to worthwhile rewards and that the bosses are all beaten by L1 spam.

This is why reception has been mixed

the reception has been overwhelmingly positive though

by the press
that should tell you something

It’s very boring.

I thought after beating butterfly lady I’d feel some type of accomplishing feels but i felt nothing.

I shoulda just got re2

Bloodborne falls off hard in the second half? It actually gets better.

uhhhhhh

Attached: Untitled.png (338x272, 105K)

>reception has been overwhelmingly positive from game journos and the designated shilling subreddit
Same thing happened with Bioshock Infinite and MGSV

If you count Sekiro as one of the soulsborne games, it's easily at least the second best one.

DaS > Sekiro > DeS > 3 > BB > 2

If you read the reviews most of those people fall within category 2

Bloodborne does indeed fall off during the second half with easy and mediocre boss fights and reuse of enemies but the dlc makes up for all that imo

and fucking god of war

the only people that dislike this game are bad and have an inferiority complex so huge they can't admit their faults

doesn't top DaS 1 for me simply because I prefer the atmosphere, and variety in that game. Exploring is a lot more fun because there's the potential for cool new armor/items which really isn't present here.

that said the combat makes some boss fights easily the best in the series. they feel like actual fights and not retarded spam rollfests.

>dude frenzy/curse lmao

DaS>BB>DeS>DaS3>DaS2>Sekiro
Throughout my playthrough of Sekiro it was tied with DeS at the beginning before slowly sinking through mediocrity into genuine awfulness.

Close but no cigar.

DeS > Sekiro > DaS > 3 > BB > 2

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 09.01.41.71.jpg (2560x1440, 861K)

the atmosphere and environments get really cool the enemies kind of get whatever though

>mini boss
>have 4+ mobs around him
>literally artificial difficulty
that's the only problem with this game

Attached: 1523393532886.jpg (720x709, 33K)

Why is the lack of it good?

But if you are actually good at the game and understand the mechanics you know that parry and stealth make the game trivially easy and boring.

Just hit and run

>only deep, mature gamers such as myself can comprehend the intense complexity of my weeaboo japanese game from based nihon

>truly, the master nihonjin race is beyond criticism by baka gaijin

Game is mediocre, takes more than a parry mechanic to make a game

You clearly didn’t read the whole thing because that’s what I ended up saying dumbass.

I think the red kanji that appear before an unblockable attack would be more helpful with fluency in Japanese. I couldn’t help but wonder if they’d be more helpful for Japanese players who can process them and react accordingly to the type of attack they’re telegraphing. Maybe if they were color-coded to help stupid gaijin along. All I see is “RED! MASH THE CIRCLE BUTTON HARD SCRUB!!!”
Guess I’m just the mayochump in this instance

Attached: C70608DD-BABB-45D3-A4F5-82E8F5F9D2F4.png (1242x2208, 2.2M)

You need to play more games.

DeS is fucking fantastic too.
Only reason it's not in one of the top two spots for me is because part of the game is now offline.

It has no replayability at all.

Seriously, wait until you get to NG+. You'll realize there is no reason to bother playing it. It took me 28 hours to finish and honestly I see no reason to bother starting a new game or NG+.

It feels like every single time I get to a difficult part of the game I'm cheesing it by going for backstabs and losing aggro instead of beating enemies legit.

>First Spear guy with two health bars that has the Old Temple Key: Backstab then fish for counters
>Purple Ninja guarding that feather prosthetic: jump into the water to lose aggro, then backstab
>Juzuo the Fat Bastard: Kill the mobs around him, then run away to get that sweet backstab damage, then get the old guy to help you
>Lady Butterfly: Swing your sword twice and dodge, then her AI breaks and the most she can hit you with is a light kick
>Chained Ogre: Use Oil / fire blast prosthetic, he goes down easy

When I try to fight super powerful enemies head on it just feels like I'm ramming my head against a brick wall for the next hour or so, so I stop bothering and look for an easy way out because I want to get on with the game. Also from what I've played and seen so far all the environments are really repetitive and look pretty much the same for half the game

Attached: 1550632588481.jpg (580x435, 48K)

im good at the game, beat drunkard and chained ogre first try so far and its just fucking boring, everything breaks down into pres L1, press R1 shit like the jumping counter over the sweep feels horrible and unintuitive to do, mikiri counter is almost useless as well and 99% of encounters can be beaten by spamming l1 and r1. its boring.

are they even different symbols? if they outright tell you what type of attack is coming that's either a massive design oversight or fromsoft really hates gaijin, because that alone would make the game exponentially easier

are there more than one? It didn't look like it but I can't read moon

no one's saying it's good but why is it bad?

The combat system isn’t designed for fighting them legit. The parry is retardedly strong in 1v1 but worthless in big groups. Because dodging got nerfed there’s no real way to avoid a lot of attacks easily beyond running away and waiting for de-aggro

>No customization
Yes there is.
>No cool weapons and armors to find
Mods
>Heavily scripted
You fucking what
>Missed parries become blocks because it would be too hard otherwise
Okay....
>Can't see Emma's feet.
Autist

another scrub stuck on juzou lmao

>from
>good games
No

>most bosses have mobs around them

Why are people like you allowed to voice their opinions

People expected a souls game when it clearly isn't a fucking souls game, and they suck at the new combat system and think it's broken unfair garbage because they're bad at it. That's pretty much 80% of the complaints I see about it

It is broken, but that’s because it’s easily exploitable and therefore easy.

This.

Stop playing it like a Souls game. You can't keep your distance and roll away in this game, you gotta always be on the offensive and parry/dodge when they try to get uppity.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.24 - 21.01.32.50.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Hirata estate is an unfun area

Bloodborne was harder desu, I don't think this game reached the level of difficulty that the Bloodborne DLC bosses shat at you. I think people just suck at the new combat system. It gives you a ton of ways to exploit the AI, free backstabs, and you can parry and react to every attack in the game if you don't suck

R1R1R1R1R1R1R1

>wait for enemy to attack
>roll
>r1 r1 r1
>roll away
>rinse and repeat
Good gameplay, user.

You also can't R1 spam because they block and parry you as well.

Attached: you funny guy.jpg (332x512, 43K)

You missed him countering the thrust and perfect blocking the dude's attack. That's how the combat goes in this game which people don't get. It's a tug of war, you have to play super aggressive and mash on them, then when they perfect block you, you have to be prepared to perfect block their counter and repeat the cycle

>just dive in to the deep spooky water bro nothing bad will happen
yeah nah fuck this

>singular non-connected game
>best in series

Most of this shit isn't connected. Get over "soulsborne".

The only good boss was the bridge knight that screams ROBEEERTOOOOO

-Bland, forgettable, soundtrack
-Level design is pretty mediocre
-Bosses aren't very interesting, same for the NPC's
-Boring setting
-Death blows get old really fast
-Shit stealth

The combat is fun against mid to high tier enemies, but most enemies are fodder and are extremely boring to fight. Solid 7/10, really. Not bad, but not very good either.

I don't know what you're talking about, user, the music playing when you're jumping around the ashani rooftops is comfy as fuck

I'm actually humming the beats. I love this shit, I miss Tenchu.

Rest of your post is dumb though I do agree that the death blow mechanic is boring.

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-22 06-18-40.jpg (2560x1440, 641K)

I like the game but the setting is so boring. It has 0 variety in its environments and monsters.

>no ur rong
Cope.

Why is every post on /v a post mortem on a game that's a huge success? Like are you niggers obsessed or something? I'm sure miyazaki is crying into the large piles of money he's raking in over all these shit posts.

>actually thinking that the stealth is good or that the setting isn't bland
How much of a weeb are you?

>0 variety

Attached: 814380_20190324123747_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.46M)

stealth is good imho, if it was a stealth focused game it would be pretty basic, but it isn't. Better than any assasin's creed for example

Is this a joke? The stealth is fucking garbage. Enemies can barely see Wolf even when he's right on their peripherals running around like a tard. Breaking objects doesn't even raise their suspicion and when they get alerted they shift back to their default state within 60 seconds. Even fucking Asscreed is better than this game's stealth.
>it's not a stealth game
Yet stealth was a heavily marketed aspect of the game and stealthiness was the key factor to the introduction.

you can play mgs if you want some stealth action bro. this is an action game

CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG

*canned animation*

That isn't an argument, Stealth is a major factor to this game. This game's stealth is trash.

not even arguing lol i gave my opinion and your heated ass just had to reply to me

Cope.

Attached: 1540878247955.webm (1000x542, 2.98M)

Seething retard spotted.

The biggest issue is that the fights are all about perfectionism, rather than problem solving. They felt tedious, long, and barely satisfying upon defeat.

A well-made boss is difficult until you learn its attack patterns, figure out its weaknesses, and then approach it with the right tactics and strategy. Once you solve a boss, the fight should feel easy, making you feel like you've made a lot of progress, and you get a rush from the victory.

Whereas most bosses in Sekiro have an obvious, much much narrower range of "correct" ways to kill them. You can't change your strategy because you're stuck with a short-range, low-damage weapon. And there's usually only one correct tactic for a given boss attack - down to evasion/parry/jump choices. Plus some of them have excessive amounts of health (3 bloated lifespans).

Combine all that and you have to be near-perfect at a micro level for the entirety of the fight. And further there's limited opportunity for creativity. That makes the game both bland and frustrating.

>writing like an angry girlfrriend

couldve used some weapons selection. Nothing major just maybe like a choice between katana, spear and maybe claws
otherwise its perfect

>hurrr I'm playing like a retarded DSP-tier spastic, why is the game not fun
your fault for robbing yourself of the experience

>enemies have way less end lag on attacks than you so they can transition more quickly into another tracking attack
>clearing an area to fight a mini boss takes forever
>lots of RPG elements removed but they still kept grinding and skill trees in so really they only took out customization and actual choices

That's about it, I'm very much enjoying it otherwise. I'm at the Guardian Ape so I think I'm a little over halfway done.

how is the stealth bad? explain it in a cohesive manner in two sentences
>inb4 HURRR it's not like THIEF with persistent enemy AI and degrees of shadow so it's shit!
fact is the mechanic does a good job for what it was meant to be in this action game

Dark souls is the same though, no music besides bosses or some special area

Stealth mechanics are sub-tenchu levels. Even Assassin's Creed does stealth better.

Thinking making things harder = more fun, so you must Parry with perfect timing or INSTANT death.

It just wasnt interesting setting.

>Throw things to enemy to get their attention
What stupid stealth mechanic is this?

And yet it's still trash, people have gone over its issues ITT. The fact that the enemies reset their alert status back to 0 after 30 seconds makes the stealth mechanic shit in itself. You can't even keep the protagonist in a crouched state when using items while hidden
>its good enough for this game
And it's still fucking garbage, you just don't seem to want people to criticize it. .

Ancient nips are deaf and stupid

Any Emma sfm yet?

So not lewd the emma!

Attached: D2WS1RsU0AE9Jzr.jpg (1580x1800, 226K)

Already said it's not fucking THIEF, it's an action game. You appear to be retarded and would prefer it if enemies kept searching the area after spotting you for hours. FROM did the smart thing here and gave the player an option to reset should they want to. The stealth isn't "shit", it's just intentionally underdeveloped because it isn't the damn point of the game. In fact, it works perfectly for what Sekiro wants to be.
>you just don't seem to want people to criticize it
you just want to hate the game because it's too hard for you so you're grasping at straws.

he's easier than lady butterfly

I am past Juzou.
Why aren't tryhards who think going through all that tedium is an accomplishment allowed to even live?
Not at all.

>The stealth isn't "shit", it's just intentionally underdeveloped because it isn't the damn point of the game.
So it is shit on purpose? Oh.

>Wow fishing in Harvest Moon is so shit! Why can't it be as good as in my "Turbo Fishing Simulator Ultra 2000!" Natsume you fucked up

But centipedes and giants aren't bosses. You look at Sekiro's boss formatting and act like it's Bloodborne when that's retarded. The Shinobi hunter is a named enemy, but it isn't a boss.

Harvest moon does have shit fishing mechanics. I don't see your point.

The dust hasn't settled user

i hate samurai looking games, never really could get into them since the samurai were such failures at war and had no honor.

Attached: 1528427557382.jpg (600x444, 58K)

every souls game on steam has less than 85% positive. shitters + plus bad PC ports.

Y-you take that back!

If you stealth hit the minibosses you are a coward

Attached: disdain-for-plebs-how-could-this-happen-tome-1-1-1-1-32481405.png (500x576, 385K)

I only stealthed seven spears because fuck that faggot. Everyone else I had honorabu duer with

The combat is fine for me but the level design is baffling, I keep getting lost with no idea where to go and I had to look up where to find the merchant selling the firecrackers because his placement was fucking retarded.

The level design is terrible.

No, it is the best thing ever. Sekiro is perfect in every way!

DeS is a janky ugly mess and people only like it for the incredible atmosphere.

Ninjas don't care muh honorabubu. Samurai begone.

First 10-15 hours are hell. But I guess this shit can be explained lorewise. Shoulda read comics to understand why he lost power

"Honor" is bullshit. No warrior from any culture at any point in history ever practiced "honor" on the battlefield. You survive and kill by any means necessary.

Retard

>first couple hours are genuinely fun and every tool and item you find has practical use in nearly every single encounter
>then after gyoubu the game makes sure to remind you to never bother with any of your tools, items, ninja or combat arts other than your shuriken and grappling hook are completely fucking worthless and unpractical in general combat
>the rest of the game consists of running past literally every single enemy, while every mini boss and boss ends up being you alternating between mashing deflect and attack, occasionally parrying a thrust, jumping over a sweep, or dashing away from a grab
What I don't get is if From wanted to make another game with swordplay being the exclusive way of playing, why not just make Dark Souls 4? What's the point in putting in all this ninja fluff if it all ends up being obsolete after a few hours in?

> he wants DS4
Eeeeew

We already have a Das 4. It is called Sekiro for some reason though.

According to Yea Forums it should have been Dark Souls 4. Also according to Yea Forums every Dark Souls is worse than it's predecessor.

>YOu ARE A SHINOBI USE STEALTH YOU SHITTER LOL
>But its underdeveloped crap and enemy ai is dumb
>ITS SO ON PURPOSE

the state of fromdrones

>I get lost so the level design is terrible
do you even think before writing

It's fine. This is an action game, remember? You can hug walls, zip around, and grab onto ledges so the mechanics are solid. The only thing you could complain about is the dumb AI but who gives a shit about that when the core gameplay isn't about sneaking?

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 01.56.07.34.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

Nothing. It's actually fantastic

the camera. That's all

And yet it serves its purpose.

What? Level design is probably one of the best things about the game across the board. Only in Souls games can I memorize the layouts of entire levels in my head just after playing them once, FromSoft are top tier at level designs.

Are you retarded? Axe is extremely useful because it gives you super armor and does a ton of posture damage, firecrackers are extremely useful because they interrupt enemy and boss moves that you might have trouble dealing with, poison dagger is extremely useful because it melts the HP off of big enemies like ogres, spear is useful because it lets you safely poke from very far, the fan is extremely useful because it practically lets you 1 shot every human enemy, the fire barrel when upgraded becomes a literal flame thrower allowing you to burn 5+ enemies at once from afar etc
just because you're an unimaginative retard doesn't mean the tools the game gives you are useless. jesus christ

Its purpose is fluff. Just like the stealth in Sekiro.
I don't know why you are so against calling the stealth what it is. Garbage.

You're retarded. It's pretty much the best looking Souls game and it's not any jankier than any other Souls.

nah, for unblockables it's the same symbol
they use different kanji/colors for status effects

It's purpose is so you can sneak around. It's better than most stealth systems in games today IE Ubishit, Skyrim, etc.

>annoying mobs during miniboss encounters
>hold a button to pickup items for some reason
>grapple points can get very arbitrary
>hard mode can be activated and dispelled at will
>divine confetti required for some bosses
>NPCs like to hint at item locations instead of talking about themselves
All that comes to mind right now. Overall, there's nothing majorly bad. Game's great.

>It's purpose is so you can sneak around.
But the game isn't about stealth? Why give the option if it is so half assed?
>It's better than most stealth systems in games today IE Ubishit, Skyrim, etc.
But it isn't. Even Asscream has more engaging stealth mechanics

here's your you

if you can abuse the shitty design of the game, it's the games fault not the player. i beat the chained ogre by luring him to a cliff he couldn't jump off, and jumping up to attack his foot for like 5 minutes while he spammed attacks at the air. i can probably cheese every enemy in the game with this tactic purely because they can't jump down a small cliff, but this is acceptable to people like you.

lol, ok. Continue blindly defending your masters.

the absolute state of Yea Forums in 2019

Attached: 1510514802933.jpg (500x333, 46K)

fucking ironic considering you're a memeposter without one solitary argument to show.

That is all fromfags can say. Their only argument is "ur bad" and "you arent playing it right"

What are the most fun Prosthetic Tools? Not necessarily the best, just the most fun. I don't know which one to focus on.

why don't you just download a trainer you retard, if you're actually serious. same end result.

The fucking horrible enemy variety. Literally compare the enemy variety in Senior to the variety in DaS3. Its fucking pathetic.

Literally every enemy is a fucking boring ass samurai.

Attached: 9DE5FAF1-BAAF-46AE-A99F-39B1FFE8999B.jpg (800x438, 22K)

because faglord, i don't want to play a game if i can cheese it (without glitches), as cheese is a legitimate strategy if it works. the point is, it shouldn't, and i shouldn't have to constantly refuse strategies because they don't fall in line with your purist stance on how a game is meant to be played. fuck your shit game and fuck your excuses, FROM has been shit since bloodborne.

>senior
>being a phonefag
But you are right. Enemy variety is garbage.

So it's not a souls game because you're railroaded into parrying everything as opposed to having different playstyles?

The game has a crap ton of different samurai types, though. But yes, the game is much more Low Fantasy than typical From games.

>From has been shit since Dark souls 2

you're retarded. kys.

PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY ATTACK PARRY PARRY PARRY

thats a lot of mental gymnastics to try to convince yourself that you are high iq for being bad at sekiro. its a pve action game. i don't know what kind depth you think you were expecting. its deeper and more skill based than 95% of action games, and more skill based than 100% of the games you've played.

ds2 was fine, bloodborne was fine, everything after this is shit.
>the absolute state of Yea Forums in 2019

Attached: 1552732120232.jpg (720x960, 70K)

Every From game has cheese. Sekiro even has less cheese than the other games. Have you ever played DeS? You can break the game extremely easily even without reading guides.

Attached: maiden in black 3.jpg (1000x1142, 388K)

>parries more than attacks
stop making it obvious that you either suck really bad or haven't played the game.

Lightning reversals are a gimmick that completely cheese the final boss and divine dragon.

Learn to mikiri, scrub

Attached: output.webm (1280x720, 2.59M)

see

you're theory is proven wrong by dark souls. dark souls is even less deep than sekiro, yet it doesn't have "mixed criticism"

face it, you suck at sekiro and thats why you think its bad, along with half of this board.

>LOL YOU BAD

Attached: 1534185777047.jpg (501x498, 18K)

how can you say it has less cheese? please give me a complete breakdown of all cheese-moments in every souls game we can objectively measure it. otherwise fuck off, i was making a general statement based on my experience.
see

Nothing. FromSofts best game of all time objectively.

>died like 50 time trying to kill lady butterfly
>finally won
>my sculptor is now dying of dragonrot
well shit...

>Heavily scripted
Literally fucking what? No it isn't. Literally has no scripted encounters in the entire game, not even one.

>i was making a general statement based on my experience of the first mini-boss in the game 5 minutes in

Attached: 1548726280640.png (1408x1269, 1.67M)

hes right though. if you are parrying more than attack you are bad at the game. nearly every parry should be followed by a counter attack, and you should be attacking lots of other times too that makes attacks easily outnumber parries.

Retard that hasn't finished the game.

that's just it, i found a way around beating every enemy in the game in just 5 minutes. don't tell me i can't do it with every enemy, if they can't jump down a small cliff then ggez.

boss runs are even easier in sekiro. parrying had larger input delay in dark souls games.

don't you get tired of baiting people?

if you're doing more parrys then you're just shit

I feel like the second half of Bloodborne is a hit and miss. The veil getting torn off the players eyes and having it be a lovecraftian nightmare was awesome. I loved the change of atmosphere, environment, and lore. Also, I love the Micolash/Moon battle.

The enemies are the mostly a miss, the frenzy/curse become a chore (tho that changes), Mergo's Wetnurse didn't have the ooomph I wanted, the re-hashing of certain enemies was boring, I FUCKING hate Nightmare of Mensis but love it's look.

I guess, it's mostly a hits with drastic misses.

In Demon's Souls alone you can:
1) Obtain a ring that makes enemies have an hilariously small aggro range. It is found in the first area and it isn't even hard to find
2) Obtain a revive that leaves you at half health. You can recast it indefinitely
3) Heal to full Divine Blessing-style endlessly once you have enough grass. There's no carry limit.
4) One/Two shot bosses with the Firestorm and Homing Soulmass spells. Spells don't have cast limits and your MP-regen items are limitless too, no carry limit either.

In Dark Souls 1 you have poise. You can unga bunga bosses with it, even ones like Manus. The list goes on.

>>The only way to regain your resurrect point is either running all the way back to the shrine or taking out one of the bosses health bars
use the fucking homeward idol retard. i have it in my hotbar. this is why they give it to you. from soft actually thinks about these things and how their game plays down to these details.

Have you guys actually played the game? Not every deflect gives you an opening to attack. Most bosses will continue to attack uninterrupted after you deflect. You usually do parry multiple times then attack.

Hitboxes.
Verticality is a main gimmick but it's extremely inconsistent with what you can climb and can't.
Most minibosses are balanced around ambushing to reduce 50% of their health.
Game is still centered around fighting 1v1 and the game still has bosses with a shitload of adds.
World Tendency 2.0 is somehow worse than the original.
Too many tutorials.

It's okay.

i'm sure an autist who's clocked sekiro can make a list even longer. but still you miss the point, i found a game breaking tactic. nothing in your list is as broken as that. not to mention demon souls is the first in the series and even the designer said he doesn't recommend it. this is a AAA game, they don't even compare.

Those aren't cheese though? Cheesing is using broken ai or tactics that were definitely not intentional.

Getting a strong spell isn't cheesing.

Do minibosses stop having mooks aroud them after him then?

delete this

>greentext reductionism of a perfectly valid point

>dark bead isn't cheese
lol just off yourself already

The soundtrack

I don't know what you guys are talking about cheese but in Demon's Souls you can beat the Maneaters without stepping in the arena and King Allant and Doran with poison cloud.

And I love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hRK_8vw1DrQ
>Somehow this isn't good

>Be stuck on the corrupted monk boss for 2 hours
>Find out you can skip two whole phases
REEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=JDIewR1_vJM

>Getting a strong spell isn't cheesing.
yes it is you mongoloid

>tfw starting to realize being offensive is fucking useless and the best and safest strat is to just parry
suddenly the game is kinda boring

here's basically every boss
they attack
you parry
sometimes they throw out unblockables
once in a while you get to throw out an attack or two before they go ham

there's a couple bosses/minibossses where all you do is just parry and it's very lame

In all Souls games you can cheese enemies with arrows which they can't handle, how's that then? Or abuse their leashing range to kill them effortlessly. Also your "game breaking tactic" is more time consuming than actually playing the game right.

>Becoming a powerful wizard by pumping stats and collecting strong spells is cheesing.
>Breaking the ai because it can't handle the level geometry

Nah nigga. Being aggressive and dodging is the way to go. Beating Owl like that is the best. Giving a 1, 2 then dodging. You must be early in the ga

why the FUCK is there a boss that severely limits your movement when you get close to it when the thing that makes this game unique is it's fast and free flowing movement?

but the game punishes you for waiting since their posture meter drops if you aren't on the offence right? Man this games mechanics fucking blow. Forget everything about the difficulty, thats not even a factor here. It really is just seriously fucking boring. I'm still on my first playthrough and I am 100% going to finish it but man I am dreading a second playthrough.

both are exploiting mistakes by the devs retard. dark bead cheese wasn't intentional.

>all you do is deflect
That takes forever though. You should be throwing out a swing or 2 when a deflect gives you the chance since lower health makes their posture easier to break. You are right that being overly offensive is dumb since enemies will block after 1-2 hits and then deflect after 1-2 blocked hits. Really easy to abuse too since you can
>swing 1 - hit
>swing 2- blocked
>let them attack, usually its the same one every time
>deflect their attack
>go to step 1
On a lot of minibosses and butterfly lady. Might work on some bosses too but it doesn't work quite as well on bosses with long strings that deflect doesn't interrupt like ape phase 1.

if you stand outside of their leashing range and arrow them continuously, then yes that's fucking broken lol. it doesn't work with arena bosses tho, and that's most of the bosses in souls. there are plenty of enemies in areas of uneven terrain in sekiro, which is all you need to abuse the jump tactic. you're right, they're all broken, but jumping and attacking from below within an enemies agro range is actually intuitive, not something you'd have to go out of your way to find like the leashing thing.

I just beat owl and the corrupted monk tonight and I basically won by just parrying shit, going offensive did fuck all since bosses will just about 1 or 2 hits max before they counterattack

early on that's true but later on bosses go so hard on the offensive that the vast majority of your posture damage will be done by parrying

>complains about the posture meter depletion being to hard
>I SWEAR I DON"T HATE IT BECAUSE ITS HARD, ITS BECAUSE ITS BORING HAVING TO BE IN INTENSE AND AGGRESSIVE TOE TO TOE COMBAT INSTEAD OF WAITING AT A SAFE DISTANCE LIKE A PUSSY
C O P E

That trick definitely isn't possible on every enemy. If they don't throw shit at you then I would think most would at least block. The ogre is in the minority because it can't block your attacks.

This game has zero replay value. The first run is fun, if not a bit unfocused after Ashina castle, but I see no reason to replay this game because every single combat encounter will play out the same way in every single playthrough. The difficulty drops dramatically once you reach the halfway point and everything clicks. As a result, there are no creative approches for minibosses or bosses, because you will always fight them the same way. I wouldn't mind the lack of rpg elements if they had varied ways to tackle enemies - prosthetics don't do much to help since firecracker spam literally works against every single enemy.
The massive levels and vertical traversal, however, are so good that it PAINS me that this wasn't a Tenchu game instead. Had they went pure Tenchu, this would've been a once-in-a-decade game. That's what hurts most: thinking about the greatest game ever made that this could've been.

look at this retarded nigger doesnt even own the game lmao

that's my problem, you get to attack like twice before you're stuck going on the defensive, part of the problem is that after parrying you have to let your posture restore otherwise the next combo will fuck you up

Early parries become blocks. As in, if you just tap the parry without holding you will block if it is timed early. In Dark Souls if you dont have block pressed you won't block no matter what. Which sounds scripted and which sounds not scripted to you?

so i get gradual posture damage instead? or i agro the enemy by jumping up, then dropping down and attacking again while the enemy is in animation. if not, it'd at least take care of most enemies.

Your guard won't break as long as you deflect.

>sometimes armored core
You're the second faggot i've heard say that. which means you're probably the same faggot.

From made at least one AC game every year for over a decade straight. So what exactly do you mean with this "sometimes" horseshit?

Nothing is easier than Lady Butterfly. Except maybe the bull.

that's not what scripted means, user

yeah but that's kinda risky vs bosses with big hits

>peddler:hey, check out this 3 level pagoda on a hill, get inside for good loot
>find pagoda right before the ""learn how to mikiri counter" miniboss
>find no way to enter it, not even a locked door
was it bad translation again?
from what i've seen the subs are fucking SHIT, as usual but maybe i'm just a moron and i missed a hole in the back

Attached: file.png (482x372, 200K)

The fuck, that's not what scripted means

wrong.
you literally have to do any equal amount of deflecting and attacking to be optimal against almost all the later bosses.
obviously you need to inflict at least 25% vit damage to be able to even build their guard meter, and then after that you CAN either only deflect or only attack but a combination of both will always be the fastest way to kill an enemy.
the more attacks you land the less you have to deflect and the more deflects you land the less you have to attack.

>you have barely any health
>do barely any damage even with upgrades
>start with one not-estus flask
>enemies do a fuckton of damage
>minibosses every 5 fucking feet

King's Field is garbage? Chromehounds is garbage? Otogi is garbage? Metal Wolf is garbage? Nigga you got no taste.

not really true. you go from attacking to parrying REALLY fast in this game. most bosses end up being a fast mix of swings and parries once you get the hang of them. you can almost always get a swing off after every parry. even though they'll likely block it it still inflicts posture damage and delays their posture meter from decreasing.

The game does something with my character that I didn't tell it to do.
A script can tell my char to walk foward without my input for example, or to block attacks without my input.
Its scripted. Sperg out all you want.

Go to the statue just after that miniboss. Climb up the hill, jump in the water, swim upstream, latch onto the branch at the very end, break open the bamboo gate, and you're there.

>no waifu feet
Well fuck this game

In the Hirata States? Right before that bridge that has the fatty, jump down into the water and try to find a grappling place near, it will take you to a cave and then you jump up some walls and find the pagoda with a fellow one-armed friend.

that's literally not what scripted means, but whatever faggot.

>get rice from loli priest
>give it to old ladies to get snake hearts bc they specifically ask for it
>dragon shota never asks for it
>miss good ending bc I never had rice in inventory while talking to dragon shota
fuck you from software you fucking hacks

Except all the bosses are programmed to auto-block everything after 1-2 attacks. You can't really be offensive without deflecting a bunch.

Okay define scripted champ

>Still calling her tutorial boss
Weren't you corrected multiple times today already? Why persist with this line?

Nightmare frontiers and Yahar'Gul are among the less liked levels of the game. After Rom, the only consistently liked part seems to be Cainhurst, while Upper Cathesdral is miniscule. The latter half has good bosses though, just the levels stagnate.

If you count Old Hunters in there, all is different. Having the best soulsborne level (Central Yharnam) as the first one is a gamble.

you already know exactly what a scripted sequence is. you're just being an obtuse faggot.

What's wrong with the PC port for Sekiro?

exactly. you need to do both on the harder bosses. for example the last boss is literally unbreakable until you get him under like 70% health, preferably lower. the combat in this game boils down to getting the parry/attack timing down during their normal moves and then reacting properly and quick enough to their red moves and using those windows to inflict vit damage. it's a very even mix.

Attached: 1524875728789.jpg (638x558, 63K)

no quit to desktop. from are retarded.

Kind of minor since you can alt-F4, but yeah, I guess.

Too difficult
nioh was hard but this is just inhumane

>alt + f4 because I got tired of waiting like a minute to quit
>game starts crashing next time I play
never again

>you already know exactly what a scripted sequence is.
Not an argument
>you're just being an obtuse faggot.
Ad hominem

DeS had cool interesting mechanics like soul / world tendency, item burden meaning you had to essentially plan out your gear and items you'd take with you kind of like DnD, death was way more punishing, getting summoned or invading had a purpose because if you succeeded in your job you were able to return to life.
Boss fights that tried to have unique gimmicks or set pieces that set them apart and kept it varied. Phalanx being covered in armored mobs that protected it so you had to chip away at them to kill the boss, Running across a bridge being carpet bombed by a dragon, blowing out the tower knights legs to attack his head, Fighting the armored spider in a funneled tunnel, a fucking stealth section to pin drown the dragon god, old hero actually being blind and reacting to sound, old monk letting you be the fucking boss, ect. Later games boss fights feel really samey. Its just a big thing you dodge and slap when its done swinging. Theres never anything unique to them.
Weapons had unique effects instead of just slash waves or big explosions that were fun to make builds around. Shit like the scraping spear or Northern Regalia, Using meat cleaver with cursed weapon to counter the hp loss, ect.

>muh fallacies
i'm not arguing with you. there's no argument to make. i'm right and you're flat-out wrong. more importantly you know you're wrong. there's no need to say anything else to a shitposting faggot such as yourself because any response you make will just be more idiotic shitposting.

So you agree with what that other user said? He said you just parry then attack, and it gets tedious because it's always the same strategy,

Puppy

>walk up
>see purple nigga
>think you can sneak up
>suddenly he turns around and jumps down and goes fucking apeshit on your ass

nigga i jumped off the cliff screaming in fear

If you refuse to define "scripted" while saying he's using the word wrong, you're the one who's wrong.

That's actually wrong. Enemies have a different AI when left to attack at their leisure compared to them counterattacking. Take Lady Butterfly or the Lone Shadow ninjas for example. They have some really nasty combos if you leave them be, but if you start hitting them, they'll eventually deflect you and once they deflect they will only do a smaller selection of moves that you can learn and deflect/avoid. That makes the fight much easier and faster if you clash swords with them rather than waiting for their regular combos.

Attached: bbgrave.jpg (883x1200, 304K)

Calling a single action scripted is pointless. It refers only to a series of actions.

>hit the block button
>I didn't tell the game to block
Just because you didn't get a deflect for guarding at the last moment doesn't mean you didn't hit the block button. Other games call this a "just guard" as your reward for being more precise. Even guilty gear has this mechanic.

>being offensive is fucking useless and the best and safest strat is to just parry
uhhhhhhh

Enemies have heat-seeking attacks, Especially obvious with spear animals.
Am I playing a good game or skyrim, for fucks sake? If you are going to go cheap, at least hide it.

>haha what if we just intentionally broke part of the level to inhibit player progression from point a to b for no particular reason to force them to find a new route to a place they've already been

Attached: hurp.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

>enemies have a modicum of intelligence and can move their spear to face you as they are thrusting
git gud and hit the parry/iframe windows correctly.

So essentially you forgive sloppy timings and spaghetti code as it being 'meant to do that'.
You know what I want? My character to do exactly what I tell it to do. Not blocking when I dont have block pressed.
Sekiro combat would never work in PVP for this exact reason. Its too heavily muddied by dev scripts.

>Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong
The default control scheme should have had attack on the face buttons like Ninja Gaiden so people would stop comparing Sekiro to the Souls games.

Nothing. Soulsborne is dead, and Soulskiroborne is here to stay.

The Ashina Castle revisit felt like padding, even with the new enemies. There was no need for it. The game feels lazy with some of the design decisions, like reusing boss fights (actual major bosses) twice with both the Ape Guardian and the Corrupted Monk, reusing almost every miniboss, having another poisonous swamp with nothing interesting to do like literally every single Soulsborne game, a combat system that never evolves... I think the positive reception for this game will wane in the coming weeks. There's just not a lot of interesting design choices here outside of movement.

You hit block so he blocked. You fucked up the timing so you didn't deflect. Period. There is no "sloppy timings and spaghetti code". If you wanted block to be matched to exactly how long guard was held with 0 animation then you wouldn't be playing anything From makes. All their games are like this. Hard animation locks and input queues.

No, they slip at one place with their whole model like in butter.
>i-frames
This I know. It just looks cheap.

Parry is a quick block, mongo. Same startup animation. There's no phantom script behind the scenes; just your low IQ noggin trying to make sense out of your bad timing. Hate the game, hate the parry system, hate the combat in general, whatever, but your whole stance on the scripted nature is beyond asinine. Every single element of every piece of software is existence is tied to coding and scripting; you're arguing semantics. If you wanna go that route, then picking up items is scripted, enemies noticing you is scripted, saving the game is scripted, and so on.

Not in Dark Souls 3. If you have block pressed it wont block period. Go try it if you have that game.

>quick tap to parry, remove finger BEFORE attack lands
>too early
>Block not prsssed
>Attack lands
>Gets blocked
I didnt tell it to block. It blocked. Thats fucking scripted. We can argue this all night. Go in game and try it. Compare to DS3.

Not that user, but that literally does not happen.

Again, parrying IS blocking - it's a quick block - that's why it's tied to the same button, but keep playing dumb. Segregating the buttons like in Souls would present two problems:
>1. Not enough real estate on the controller for a dedicated parry
>2. The game is much faster paced, thus it improves the flow of combat to minimalize actions to as few buttons as possible, hence why most action game have combos tied to only 2 face buttons, yet there can exist 50 combinations
Most baffling of all is that you're implying that this makes the game too easy, as if to say you'd rather get hit by mistiming a parry than get a block. Crawl back into your cave, hobbit; you don't know what the fuck you want.

It gets revisited twice too so you can end up doing the castle 3 times if you want to see everything

No its true, I have felt it too. If you press block and the boss has several hits without much delay you will block them all even if you let go. I don't really have a problem with it though, it seems good to me.

Yes I would rather get hit. Im gonna make a vid about this tomorrow. Unless Im wrong and it doesn't happen but after playing for 16 hours I really feel like it does. What I know for sure is DS3 had way more exact controls compared to sekiro. In DS3 everything just works as I tell it to work. Sekiro there much more hoping that god will like what I pressed.

I think it's because blockstun makes you keep blocking for a little while after absorbing a hit. it's not something "scripted" like he says.

>if you have block pressed it won't block period
Did you mean if block isn't pressed it won't block? I sure hope so cause I wasted my time making this stupid shit.

Attached: I wasted 10 minutes on this.webm (1280x720, 1.79M)

Nothing except maybe they should have made this game long ago instead of DS3. Game's fucking awesome.

why does this game have so much input delay

Yes thats what I meant. But your webm is really hard to understand.

I got an input overlay and did a stepped forward frame by frame on my recorded footage. As you can see L1/LB stops being held before the enemy's hit connects. I'm gonna go ahead and see if I can't record it in sekiro as well.

Lets take the time to aknowledge how well optimized this game is.
m running it on a 750ti 6gb ram i5 2320 3,3ghz 900p 30 fps everything high without breaking a sweat.

I think his point is that parries that are too early "become blocks" in Sekiro even if you let go of the button before the attack which makes the combat "scripted" according to his insane logic. In Souls you stop blocking the moment you let go of the button, He's probably completely wrong, anyways. Or maybe pressing the block button shoots out block frames in the "lowering your sword" part of the animation too and that's what made him feel that.

Attached: emerald herald.jpg (1600x900, 119K)

Ok I see, ya thats not the same as Sekiro. In Sekiro you can go like 20 frames after tapping to parry and it will block.
A 3 frame delay in Dark souls is not the same thing at all. Thats just latency.

I just cooked this up and you are correct that the amount of time your guard is forced to be up is much longer. I didn't even need to step frames to catch this. Still not scripted like you claimed. I can see why you might dislike it though since it makes deflecting less risky.

Attached: Wew.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

yea the webm confirms it
the game autoblocks for you rofl

can't restart NG+ if you fuck up the save

how do you fuck up a save

The setting. I just find it boring, don't know what else to say. If we compare it to Halo, this is like Reach.

How does that mean the game "autoblocks".

Shouldn't be surprising after Bloodborne's ranged parries and DS2/3's partial block on close enough parry.

If its not a script running to forgive bad timing, what is it? I really want to know. Clearly the devs wanted to make it more forgiving. And its doing stuff the player didnt tell it to do.

Dark Souls 1 had partial parries as well.

you aren't blocking but your character is
Miyazaki needs to play DMC so he learns something and stops making turds

Thanks for outing yourself as a shitposter.

Wish you could use more weapons instead of just the Katana.

But the game has a 90 metacritic score.

get dabbed on

if your game saves and your PC shuts off, it corrupts it.

Attached: 1.jpg (3440x1440, 550K)

No fashion souls, no online, no DS3-like boss themes.

Attached: 1521124463452.jpg (1200x884, 129K)

my main issues with Sekiro is that the enemy variety kinda sucks and I wasn't a huge fan of many of the areas. Ashina Outskirts and Castle and Mt. Kongo were really nice and I loved Fountainhead Temple, but everything else was just like a dirty cave or a fucking valley or cavern that looked the same

gameplay was GOAT though and I loved all the boss fights. the final boss was also the most mechanically intense and challenging fight in the game, which was a welcome change

how's the environmental storytelling in this

Attached: 2.jpg (3440x1440, 932K)

More like the mechanics adhere to the animation. Until sekiro's guard up->down animation finishes you are considered blocking. Really not sure why it exists though since you could've achieved the same effect by holding guard when you go for a deflect so if you're early you will block. Guess it might make spamming L1 trying to get a deflect in a string less risky.

Mashing the circle button doesn't help though, you have to time it. Learned it the hard way on the ogre

>you are a ninja
>a trained assassin that hides in the dark to take out targets one by one with a sword and some tools
>bossfights are massive humanoids with swords the size of a house you're supposed to parry

The reason everyone started playing this game with jumps and dodges is because you simply don't expect a ninja to tank.

Attached: 1446674923201.jpg (446x500, 11K)

>Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong
reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/b50qmo/sekiro_has_revealed_my_dirty_secret_im_a_fraud/
Soulsfags being shit just like I always assumed.

about the same amount of different playstyles as the dinosaur game in chrome

Game is cool. Tells how was in Sengoku era realistically. Almost all japanese killed each other in war.

Really fuckin good. Honestly some of the best designed areas I've had the pleasure of exploran.

One part that stands out to me is you get a cryptic warning about a bunch of monks turning away from the path, then while sneaking around killing some of them there's just a couple nonchalant bound/gagged burnt crispy corpses in the soft glow of the forest's light

What’s the white stuff on his face?

Oh my fucking god redditors are insufferable with their made for upvotes style prose. They can't give a straightforward no nonsense opinion, they need to "spice it up" and pretend like they're writing for a magazine or something. Fucking hell.

You need to go back btw

Attached: 1553265881267.gif (1024x750, 1.33M)

my play sessions look like
>pick up from last boss
>beat it
>play for another hour
>get to another boss, lose several times
>get tired of the enemy grind before the boss
>save and quit
but i'm liking the game

No replayability. Hear me out. The better you get at a game like this, the more boring it becomes. In souls, you could make the game more difficult by doing different runs with different builds, sl1 being a good example. With this game, you could do a no heal run or no upgrades, but it doesn’t have as much to it as souls does. I’m gonna give it a few playthroughs and I probably won’t touch it again until the dlc. Soulsborne, I can do over 20 playthroughs and still have a lot of things to try out. I love being summoned in these games too to help people with bosses but I can’t even do that

Who would win, this guy or guardian ape (phase 1 only)?

Attached: ACD09384-494A-4C0E-AA8C-CA632D326A21.png (1725x1079, 1.41M)

is there a banana you can distract the ape with?

Its another run around stumble on a boss stall for awhile kill the boss run around game. How many in a row is that now? Better sit at this Bon I mean idol.

I mean sure fucking plow that field till its completely dry your the leader in that field but this could have been a full on Tenchu.

"We made this new awesome combat system with amazing moment to moment gameplay but we stuck it to this stale over-arching gameplay loop that we've been using since Dark Souls."

From Software IS and always was more than just Souls. Miyazaki getting to be in charge has just turned an entire veteran studio into a one trick pony. Look at this thread for the perfect example, the Souls games are now just From Software games. Fucking zoomers.

Sekiro isn't Souls. Also Souls games + Sekiro are much better than King's Field, Shadow Tower and all the other crap they've made in the past. Can't really compare Souls to AC because they're so different, and they are probably going to go back to AC in the future anyways.

>Also Souls games + Sekiro are much better than King's Field
I will punch you in the throat m8. Outside of combat Sekiro is very much so a Souls game, it follows the exact same loop of exploration, boss battles and open world. Hell even most of the items are just lifts of spells from Souls, your Dad uses Llyods Talismans on you. Sure its full Action game rather than an ARPG but it would take little effort to make into one and have it slot right in next to the others.

Oh and when CoD reached entry number 6 in its series that was MW2, people were already laughing at it. Somehow this is fine.

People are laughing, it's just that this is Yea Forums and the game is set in Japan. Has this been Dark Souls 4 or what ever, a large portion of the threads here would have been less positive.

If all the Souls games were as samey as CoD games, then we wouldn't have all the retarded autism about how your favorite game is the best and user's favorite game sucks. And Sekiro is a big departure from the formula. No need to discard all Souls-like elements like bonfires, they are really fun and so superior to dying and reloading a savegame.
I'm sorry but KF is incredibly dated. It would never work today. Not only are they first person melee-focused fantasy games, which suck, but they have a character that moves slower than a Bearer of the Curse on TWOP. The combat sucks, the atmosphere sucks, etc. Souls are King's Field games done right.

>If all the Souls games were as samey as CoD games
They are though

If this had rpg mechanics and weapons/armor nobody would complain.
Maybe for the lack of pvp but that would suck with this combat.

also the entire OST is terrible

best soulsbournekiro game

>everything is different apart from a few pieces of armor and weapons
obsessed

Even dmc 5 got it right with footsluts

>no waifu feet
who is divine heir?

I'm haven't finished it yet but I often am wishing it could have bloodborne's combat. I wish the katana had a bit more weigh to the attacks and a proper move set.

I admit I'm not playing the game right. That Ashina elite guy, I saw right away I needed to double parry or umbrella his attacks, but I ran up and use the poison sword and ran around the room, then wirl winded him and did all that again because I didn't feel like parrying him. His attacks are shit and I'm gonna shit him back.

I like the story, setting, looks and characters.

I'm gonna finish it and I don't regret buying it, but I do feel it could be alot more like bloodborne in the combat and be much improved.

casuals.

How is clashing swords and having three buttons for avoiding damage not better than dodging through stuff and spamming R1 + L1 with Saw Spear? Also Breath of Life is better than Rally.

This game has absolutely nothing to offer except its overturned difficulty.
Tune it down, and what the fuck will remain? A game smaller than DS3 that was already small compared to its predecessors, with less bosses and less enemy variety. A game with zero playstyle customization and therefore replayability. Visuals are pretty, but there's nothing extraordinary about them, and that's all.
In the end it all boils down to "beat your head against the wall untll you learn boss patterns" in its maximized form with everything else removed. That was merely one of many components that made Soulsborne, and not even most important one, but here it's everything, this game has literally nothing else.

Smaller than DS3? Did you pick the Shura ending or something? I'm fairly certain this game is longer. Minibosses in Sekiro would have been fully fledged bosses in other Souls games. And the main thing the game has to offer is the combat, it is ridiculously better than Souls, especially Dark Souls 3's rollfest. It also has the best level design in all of Souls because of the vertical and open traversal AND it is a very nonlinear game unlike Dark Souls 3. Sekiro is one of From's best games.

Attached: ladder.jpg (1920x1440, 341K)

Dust hasn't settled but here's a breif pros and cons. Keep in mind these are all subjective opinion.

>Pros:
mobility is satisfying as fuck
fairly generous with exp and income
stealth and deathblows are satisfying alternative to trying to souls style it
grappling hook gives some fun exploration options
beautiful environments with good design

>Cons:
skills feel very meh
grapple hook feels limited in combat use
shinobi tools appear to be entirely optional/fluffydo not have all upgrades so jury still out
environments seem limitednot sure if I unlocked all areas yet
poise posture system still sort of jenk

the posture system is an interesting idea though I hope they do some more with this tenchu souls a daring synthesis.

Attached: 1551666178649.jpg (1200x893, 165K)

>skills feel very meh
Yeah they really do, most of them. It would be better if you could use several of them and have a directional control scheme for them or something, so you could practice with more than one at a time. It's just lame doing the same thing over and over.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 05.33.17.61.jpg (2560x1440, 439K)

>what went wrong
It's a game about a shinobi who has to spend 80% of his time fighting like a samurai.

that's what shinobis did mate

Music can get repetitive (especially the generic mini-boss theme).
Mini-bosses are reused a bit too much (but there's still a good variety of bosses).
Too much tracking on enemy attacks.
Typical Fromsoft vacuum grabs.

Otherwise it's great and better than Soulsborne.

Get to the part in sunken valley where the buddhist monk aks you about you if you are here to vanquish the one who is against Buddha. Kill the mist noble, suddenly the temple becomes dilapidated and the mist goes away along with the monk and the ghosts. T-thanks Miyazaki for such an awesome iconography that 10% of those who play the game will ever see...
youtube.com/watch?v=X0TlkTjcYQ4

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

was that skippable? I felt bad killing him, felt like maybe I could have talked to him instead

the only one that comes close to being mandatory is the axe for shield breaking but I haven't seen a shielded boss or miniboss yet. arguably you could say the firecracker is useful for two specific encounters but I beat a particularly spicy one without it. the undead trainer boy should provide unlimited spirits so you can experiment with the tools as well.

T. never even touched my crow thing not trying to use two spirits just to find out. and they give out spirits are like candy on halloween

I was talkign about skills not prosthetics, most of those are useful.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 22.07.43.34.jpg (2560x1440, 941K)

they give you a tutorial right before you fight her, she's a tutorial boss
I'd say everything up to Ashina Castle is still the tutorial

I thought that was mandatory, isn't his illusion blocking the way?

I hate the combat. Every attack timing is unnaturally delayed and enemies have tracking that puts DaS2 to shame. Couple that with ridiculous health and posture pools and it feels like I have to cheese every fight. There's no satisfaction in winning.

To be fair she is harder than Gwyn so he's not far off.

She is literally a tutorial boss.

>>the parry has a fucking input delay
Turn off vsync.

WHERE'S THE MOONLIGHT SWORD

Attached: 1506806747940.png (808x805, 423K)

lol just go exploring, beating bosses, and find it.

This , the unnaturaly delay, is what makes this game so bad

What should I do with big retard whos left behind? I have white and red & white pinwheels, he wants them right? I heard I could send him to that one merchant dude, how do I do that?

White if you want him to be at peace, red & white if you want to him to work.

>Sekiro was a success
Thank GOD, now From knows they can move away from Soulshit without going bankrupt. Otogi 3 next, please.
I like the combat overall but the retarded telegraphing sometimes does more harm than good.
>enemy readies weapon on his side
>in position for a diagonal slash upwards
>sword starts moving
>parry
>retard drags his sword across the ground for like half a second and THEN accelerates into a slash
>get hit
Fuck, it's a dumb thing to add, it only adds pattern memorization through trial and error because there's no way to know he'll do that dumb shit the first time, keeping the animations more straightfoward would help.

Attached: 78466745843.png (838x720, 387K)

Are there benefits to either option?

No, many of them are like that throughout the game. There are exceptions but 70 ~ 80% of the minibosses are like that.

Horseman.

>Absolutely DETERMINED to find a way to avoid enjoying himself with a fun game
Have you considered you might have depression

Genchiro has one of the easiest run backs in the series’s. You just jump through a window and jump up a story, fighting zero enemies

this game actually plays more like monster hunter, and those who complained about the gamplay are those shitters that only played souls game thinking everything is fine as long as you keep rolling

Originally when I started playing it it felt not like a Souls game, but it is. It’s souls without customization and a slightly different combat system

How the fuck do I finish the dancer mask? I bought a piece from a carp guy in hirata estate and a piece off a merchant at dungeon's entrance. Where's the third piece?

how do i avoid the monkey grabs? i'm usually so close to him that i cant just dodge away