Game has 3+ different endings depending on some obscure and irrelevant tasks the player might or might not do

>game has 3+ different endings depending on some obscure and irrelevant tasks the player might or might not do
>other than that the game is absolutely linear

Attached: rñy.png (450x581, 349K)

I fucking hate "true" endings.
Tell me a story god damn it. Your game isn't compelling enough to collect all 93 fishsticks so I can watch thirty more seconds of cutscene.

Attached: batema.jpg (650x470, 157K)

stop playing games for the story. problems solved.

This is why GTA 5's ending was so dumb.
>Pick Trevor or Michael on phone
>Both have same killing ending even if you choose to save them.
>credits roll
>an auto save is taken before the choice.
>load other option
>see same thing except different person
>reload auto save after credits roll
>3rd option shows up for best ending

So useless! Just show the best ending!

>game has multiple ends
>sequel follow one end
>"oh, ok. That end must be the true end"
>other sequel follow another end from the first game
>franchise is multiverse of stories derivatives from multiple ends
>there is no true timeline

Are there any more deepest lore game than fucking super mario?

Attached: j29huxw4k6h01.jpg (3488x2700, 2.08M)

Wtf, mate? You can choose any of the 3 ends from the start.

>playing bioshock infinite
>at the part where the niggers are trying to get on my boat
>get to giant tower or whatever
>blow whistle then get teleported to rapture
>"i guess the rest of the game takes place here"
>walk simulator for 30 minutes then game ends
>"cool that was amazing"
>replay immediately afterwards to get different ending
if only i knew then what i know now
i thought the game was gonna go on for a few more hours after i killed comstock but still a great game

dark souls 3 and bloodborne. dark souls 1 is pretty clear about its endings and 2 is ok if you dont rush through the last part of the game

Attached: tony.png (1280x1250, 1.31M)

Tony Hawk is a BLESSED series

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he was claiming you couldn't choose all 3 from the start. Just that 2/3rds of the choices are so pointless, they shouldn't exist

>game ends without you seeing the actual last scene if you forget about the promise with one of the characters since the game doesn't force you to pursue it in the end
>ending screen after epilogue reminds you what a horrible friend you are
I was like a 10 year old kid playing this and it made me feel guilty about it even though I could just load back a previous save and do it properly. At that point I had already failed.
Bad end is also the one that makes more sense too

Attached: jowy.jpg (3098x2322, 477K)

....Is this the quartering guy from youtube?

Attached: 1553445918593.jpg (578x562, 19K)

Blessed before being buried, yeah

This. Gameplay > story. Movies aren't games, walking isn't gameplay.

Play real games outside if you just want gameplay, video games are called VIDEO games for a reason. The video aspect is important, the story can be important.

>WAHHH WHY DO MY ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Video is only the medium the gameplay is delivered through, i.e. your TV is the output for the game. I guess it's just two different ways of looking at it, but to me a video game is meant to be played, not watched. The story can be a supplement to good gameplay but shouldn't replace it. If you like movie games you do you though. People like different shit.

I'd love a game with a ending half based on your behavior through the story(good/bad/neutral) and the other half based on a final choice (order/chaos/neutral). E.g.: order+evil: eveyone become your slave, you become the new Devil King; neutral+good: you let everybody free, just killing the Devil King; True Neutral: you leave the cursed kingdom taking the Old Hero's Mcguffin to live adventures in a new continent.

Ogre Battle 64?

>Capturing or Liberating towns make a huge difference
>Small decisions make a huge difference
>Your own morality makes a huge difference
>All of these are pretty much glossed over in the game's tutorial.
>Game as like 6 different endings, and special side characters you can easily miss

>You HAVE to follow a guide or else you can't get the best ending because it's a fucking step by step and doing anything wrong will fuck everything
FUCK YOU VALKYRIE PROFILE JUST NIBELUNG VALESTI MY ASS WOULD YOU

Attached: FUCK.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

order+evil = ???

Metro 2033 and Silent Hill 2 have some weird, super specific requirements to get certain endings.

It's not intuitive but it's also not this insanely arcane route that people seem to claim it is.
>Get low seal
>Go to a place on the map twice across 7 chapters
>Send guy who is obviously supposed to be sent
>Still have low seal
>Ending A

>Game has multiple endings based on what you do during gameplay and for story related decisions
>Enemies can become allies, allies can become enemies
>Throw in a curve ball where you can lose to a potential ally who tries to stop your evil ways and instead of game over like all other cases this leads to a cutscene where he convinces you to redeem yourself and follow him
>Still get a bad ending but with a glimmer of hope

Fuck I love this game

>True ending is the first ending you're forced to get
>5+ endings unlock for NG+ as seperate gameplay routes with new mechanics/harder challenges and they're non-canon

>Game has multiple playable characters, and it is divided in chapter
>Each character has a unique ending for each chapter.

What game is this?