ITT: Highly overrated games

ITT: Highly overrated games

People thinking this game is worthwhile are completely irrational.

>dumb tryhard graphics "ITS LE CUTE"
>non-nonsensical level design compared to tightly designed Mario levels
>horrible sound and music
>baby Mario is a stupid idea
>egg firing mechanic is idiotic in a platformer
>looks like a derivative mid-90s platformer
>would have been seen as a mediocre to bad game if not made by Nintendo

Why do people like this game? It's a fucking slap in the face that it was released as a sequel to Super Mario World, one of the better platformers ever made.

This game probably has the single worst case of nostalgia blindness i've ever seen.

Attached: Yoshi%27s_Island_%28Super_Mario_World_2%29_box_art.jpg (377x263, 29K)

Stay mad.

Fuck you.

nice bait desu

Who hurt you?

Consider suicide

Unironically the entire series, no idea why this franchise is so beloved

Attached: Gran Turismo 3.jpg (800x1139, 181K)

>you

I actually played it less than a year ago. It was excellent and hardly due to nostalgia.

This one the other hand...

Attached: resident-evil-2-remake-wallpaper.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

what's wrong with it?

not an argument

Terrible movement, can't jump over things, Mr. X has garbage AI.

I get it is a remake and they wanted it to stay true to it, but they already changed a lot of stuff, they should have just improved the whole damn game.

OP post isn't an argument either. It's just a bunch of blanket statements posted without any examples of why you think that way. If you legit want people to see your point of view, go into further detail about why you think that way. Theres nothing there to argue against.

>Terrible movement
>Mr. X has garbage AI
elaborate

All these Nintendo babies are taking it personally lol.

>>non-nonsensical level design
So level design that makes sense?

>>dumb tryhard graphics "ITS LE CUTE"
shit point
>>non-nonsensical level design compared to tightly designed Mario levels
best level design in a platformer, that's like THE strength of the game. Mario levels are honestly bland comparatively.
>>horrible sound and music
sound maybe, music no
>>baby Mario is a stupid idea
Mechanically it's a great idea, it's a take on the health bar that allows shit players to beat the game and good players to be challenged trying to keep the timer maxed
>>egg firing mechanic is idiotic in a platformer
you realize you don't need to stand still right
>>looks like a derivative mid-90s platformer
shit point
>>would have been seen as a mediocre to bad game if not made by Nintendo
not an argument

OP is a Nintendo baby too, retard. He's praising smw. Get your consolewar garbage out of here. If you can't afford multiple consoles from different companies, you shouldn't be posting here.

You lost me. What the fuck does this even mean?

you win
Graphics that hold up well today even though the game is over 20 years old. They put a lot of effort into making all of the sprites and background, why is that a bad thing?
>non-nonsensical level design compared to tightly designed Mario levels
What do you mean by non-nonsensical?
>horrible sound and music
Did you play on a SNES or emulator? All of the sound effects and music are great, but I've heard some shitty sfx on emulators
>baby Mario is a stupid idea
Baby mario effectively gives you a health bar, which makes the frequent enemy spam acceptable. Plus the sense of panic that it induces makes the game much more engaging
>egg firing mechanic is idiotic in a platformer
Why do you think so? I think it fits very well with the rest of the game mechanics. Egg throwing is utilized to it's full extent, and even introduces some cool tech and a new dimension of skill.
>looks like a derivative mid-90s platformer
I'm not sure what you even mean by this
>would have been seen as a mediocre to bad game if not made by Nintendo
Probably, but if it were made by anyone else it likely wouldn't have the same level of polish or content

Bro it's the only decent yoshi along with the one on the n64. Every other one is fucking gay that only obsessed ninty fans gobble up.

You lost. You took his bait. Those are 3 minutes you will never get back.

People who unironically defend Crafted World should be castrated.

Yoshi's Island is a very well made game, some stages are too long and it's a pain in the ass to replay them because you missed a red coin or something, but it's just a minor flaw. It still is one the finest 2D platformers ever (like its predecessors SMB3 and SMW) and one of the few non-overrated post-1995 Nintendo "AAA" games.

Highly overrated games: any 3D Zelda (especially Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild), any Smash Bros., Super Mario Odyssey

what the fuck does "tryhard graphics" even mean

They always seemed shovelware like to me. Never know anyone talk about them seriously. Then again, I thought that way about the Ace Combat until I bought 4 and 0 dirt cheap and they were amazing

this franchise was great though, but Forza made it obsolete

>>dumb tryhard graphics "ITS LE CUTE"
imagine being this mentally poisoned

It was better on the GBA SP