DUDE FUCK TECHNOLOGY N PROGRESS N SHIT

>DUDE FUCK TECHNOLOGY N PROGRESS N SHIT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what the fuck is this trash?!?
Is this really the title that everyone has been clamoring for a western release in a fucking decade?

Attached: mother-3.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dt46T9dkkZI
earthboundcentral.com/2010/01/clearing-up-some-myths/
twitter.com/yaglonnn/status/1097342579123703809
youtube.com/watch?v=3GP27jxBupA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who cares about this, just play Earthbound on the switch.

Some Japanese fans didn't like this game because it's too preachy and has forced feels.

Nobody said fuck technology, just that the way the world went caused it to end, so they regressed to a state before it started going to shit. Nobody says they can't develop new technologies, Leder is just there to steer them in the correct direction if it ends up going awry.

And they're wrong? This game tries to hard to be sad it's almost comical.

/pol/ go away

No Japan dislikes 3 because its very different from 1 and 2.
Japan hates change.
I also think 3 is the weakest however.

It's more like Japs are little bitches who can't handle their 鬱ゲー

Dont do that weeb, its cringe.

>cringe
You mean ドン引き

brainlet

mother 3 is just the unabomber manifesto if uncle ted was a weeb

Attached: ety4y5.jpg (1200x1200, 232K)

Weebs have the unfortunate combination of low IQ and autism, why would you expect them to like quality games?

No just pure cringe you retarded weeb.

or better yet, play mother 2 uncensored on pc

>tries too hard to be sad
>forced feels
???

Attached: 1548179089704.jpg (1080x1080, 76K)

imagine playing a nintendo game and not being able to follow the plot and themes

Attached: 1541558044466.gif (480x238, 415K)

did you even finish the game retard?

Attached: 1545405172637.png (407x416, 10K)

How about we stop arguing & have a comfy thread instead?

Attached: 1546360970665.png (648x697, 186K)

its got the same themes as the other games
just instead of leaving home your homes burnt home and your entire family killed by dinosaurs

Go back to /pol/ retard

Attached: eatshit.png (546x580, 725K)

finally speaking my language

Attached: 1549683006735.jpg (1360x768, 124K)

>play Earthbound on the switch
Should we tell him?

Attached: 81E21C84-FDF4-4432-BEC4-7E9A9FCCE759.png (600x700, 277K)

This is bait. Please do not respond to bait.

weak bait

Attached: 1532241610835.png (588x508, 298K)

Nice bait thread bro.

Attached: Ray is looking for (You).jpg (1062x872, 288K)

Porky's fate is the only worthwhile contribution Mother 3 brings for the franchise. Also, Fassad being the last Magypsy was pretty cool. The Claus twist was obvious though. Saw it coming from a mile away

And for once, the Japanese fans are right.
The western fanbase is too cucked by their thought process about MOTHER being more than just a game series, something that's above criticism, to see how disappointing this was.

Earthbound was whimsical, fun, and comical, it's a timeless game filled with love and soul.
Mother 3 goes full grimdark just to shock anyone that came in expecting anything like the last game, Itoi himself said he made the ending less of a downer because he realized he was depressed while working on the game and kept making it darker and darker.

This is to say nothing about how blatantly rushed it was in several places, and how the original concept for Mother 64 sounded way more interesting.

Every message, philosophy, or argument can be made into an interesting story (definitely by video game standards). If you disqualify stories because you disagree with the message they support, well, you'll never really evolve as a person.

It's pretty obviously not supposed to be a twist for the player, the game constantly hints at it.

>the original concept for Mother 64 sounded way more interesting
How much do we even know about the original plot?

:( not OP but i got the lava part after saturn valley and kept dying so I quit :/ I just couldnt get gud enough

is her hair natural or a side effect of magyspie training

Attached: 1546420086658.jpg (370x1134, 183K)

i dont get how this is /pol/

i mean I dont think that was supposed to be a twist it was kinda obvious it was him it was like one of those things were u were pretty sure u knew what it was and it turned out to be right and like U_U i wuz roight i knew it OwO

Attached: Ry8oO.png (249x294, 5K)

It's literally a Hayao Miyazaki movie made into a video game.

what did he mean by this?

Attached: 1544149279398.jpg (548x640, 71K)

>Flint, Lucas, Claus, and Boney were the main party
>Kumatora and Duster were just temporary party members that would come and go throughout the game, like Salsa.
>The game was to have 12 chapters, and chapter 4 wasn't the only time skip, the game's story would have taken place over a whole decade and slowly show how much the town would change over time
>The game's ending was going to "betray you" in some way

I remember seeing some unused sprites of a younger Kumatora with pink hair, so I guess it would either be natural, or the magypsies/white ship people died it so she would fit into her role better.

>Kuma with thigh highs
I didn't think that I needed this until now

Attached: DxTQCyFWsAE2Cqs.jpg (790x689, 89K)

Friendly reminder that Kumatora has a very cute feminine penis.

>Was gonna be a more direct sequel to Earthbound
>Flint and Claus were gonna be more prominent
>Itoi was gonna gutpunch fans of the original or something with the ending (some speculate Ness was gonna be the Masked Man, or have something to do with that pic of the destroyed onett and monotoli buildings)
>Was gonna span more chapters and even have an n64 DD expansion
>Each chapter would show how tazmily changes over time

You can see some of this transfer to the final game, with how tazmily changes throughout chapters 1-3, 5, and finally 7. The tazmily theme changes accordingly too.

youtu.be/Dt46T9dkkZI

That all sounds cool except for maybe the last part. I like that it was just gonna be a family traveling together with their pet dog.

Attached: 1548658927754.jpg (2048x2048, 531K)

>Each chapter would show how tazmily changes over time

We already have this shown in the game, why would you need more fucking chapters. The game already feels long enough, its like you open-world retards want this game to be bad.

I liked Earthbound a lot more but at the same time I appreciate the raw, honest direction Mother 3 went in. For the last game in the series, Itoi really dropped all facades the prior entries put up and really opened his heart on a lot of subjects. I disagreed with some of his "crude" stances and overall stylistic decisions regarding the story, but I respect his courage for doing things as he did. He knew what he was doing. It just feels like a game he made for himself, even more than the previous two, and you gotta respect that.

Attached: 1535040111264.jpg (900x1273, 355K)

Both Mother 3 and Earthbound was shit, the first Mother is the patrician game

Okay now this, THIS, is redpilled.

Attached: MOTHER.jpg (500x561, 310K)

I dont even care that the game tries to be sad or smaller in scope, the game layout wise feels like just like any other RPG. Have to save world from evil empire, get magical MacGuffins, have the narrative be the focus of the game. Meanwhile Earthbound is so fucking weird and plays like no other RPG, its perfect.

>Ness being the Masked Man

That sounds so fucking retarded, holy shit. Not even Itoi could be this much of a hack... Please tell me It's just Mother autists projecting their own fanwank.

i wonder why they made PK love purple and yellow before ultimate?

Attached: 1529098447720.jpg (1277x717, 450K)

>Mother 1 was so perfect they didnt even have to playtest the final area because it was so kino.
How did they do it bros?

Attached: ninten-ana-loid3.gif (594x600, 112K)

That's just one theory.
I personally prefer the one that Flint would go nuclear and slowly have his party leave him one by one because they can't go along with his lust for revenge anymore.

It would end with him killing the Masked Man out of his blind rage and realizing he was actually Claus

yeah, no thanks

I rather have a game where I don't have to grind in the first fucking area just to progress.

Attached: 1542955432691.png (400x400, 261K)

Attached: group.png (960x552, 604K)

You clearly do not understand the game's message if you think it's all "technology bad"

Tazmily was a made-up village of willfully ignorant savages who didn't even know how to put out fires until Porky came. Sure he was a crazy manchild who wanted to burn everything but he was right in how humanity couldn't bury their own mistakes and pretend they never happened.

In the end it was up to Lucas (and by extension the player) to call whether or not it was worth starting over again.

Attached: 1545078760198.jpg (925x1250, 585K)

Im here since 2004 and never heard of this game is it good?

yes

There's no way you've not heard of this after that many years.

>what did you say about mother 3

Attached: image.jpg (432x327, 33K)

He obviously means that he was born in 2004 and that he's an underaged&

That makes more sense.

that damn smile

Attached: DvcyyoNWsAAkV97.jpg (683x683, 36K)

earthbound feels a lot more surreal and more like an adventure with friends than your typical RPG. because they never really elaborate on the main characters (or any of them, really), so it leaves a lot to the imagination. it is also good for people who like to self-insert, just hope their name is 5 chars long

Boss DLC when?

Attached: 1533775714279.png (1004x796, 602K)

Mother 3 is beyond overhyped. It a decent game but not particularly memorable. It also has the clout it does because we never got it, thus it must be super special and not an RPG with a OK story and dated combat. Undertale is unironically better.

I wish we could get him. If not as a boss, then as a character, or even a spirit. I just want him in some form.

>calls mother 3 overhyped
>recommends undertale
jej

>dated combat.
Get out.
>Undertale
Oh, I get it now.

they like the colours

Mother 4 will just be kapital scrolling incredibly slowly over the screen with a psychedelic background

>and even have an n64 DD expansion
As I recall, it started out as a 64DD game but had to be reduced to being simply an N64 title after the DD failed. Much like Ocarina of Time. I don't believe an expansion was ever in the cards.

That's why it's called speculation, you fucking autist.

how does one pronounce "onett"

Oh-nett
One-itt sounds fucking stupid

ah nit/oh nit

source:
earthboundcentral.com/2010/01/clearing-up-some-myths/

No it's pronounced on-it.

Attached: a46.png (880x803, 428K)

While it's pronounced on-ett, I can't help but pronounce it wun-ett

ohn-it

Attached: DZD7Sr_W0AAcRip.jpg (555x414, 50K)

E3 announcement coinciding with Mother 3's western release. Year of the Pig, baby.

Dragon Quest style combat is shit which is what Earthbound/Mother is. The only innovation is the health ticks slowly and thats it. Even for turnbased combat, it's dated and you don't have any room for experimentation or customization, something Final Fantasy had for a while.

Undertale is better than Mother and only dicksuckers who write to Reggie everyday for Mother 3 can't see that. The music is better. It's more quirky and humorous. The characters were more memorable. The combat was better. And what do you know, it sold better too. I would love to hear how Mother is in any way better than Undertale.

who taught her all these swear words?

Attached: 1543454432826.jpg (320x240, 15K)

how pathetic do you have to be to hate mother 3?

seething

It didn't seem to be trying to hide that twist. The emotional impact comes less from thinking "He was Claus all along?" and more from "Oh God, what have they done to him?"
Also that picture made me smirk a bit, as autistic as that is.

Undertale is excellent but nothing really compares to Mother. One game being good doesn't prevent another from also being good. It's not a zero-sum game.

Attached: DzqLJtpUcAEeA9l.png (701x750, 366K)

sauce?

If Nintendo were to make Mother 4 (which won't happen) what would you like to see in it?

Attached: 1549254470769.png (900x1650, 328K)

how many times has pokey boned her?

whats the point of asking wouldnt it be a new story

twitter.com/yaglonnn/status/1097342579123703809

Attached: D0cP9VJUYAA8XC7.jpg (1079x1200, 80K)

The point is that we should stick together,lucas uses technology to defeat porky and shit

Is it really about saying fuck progress? It's saying fuck force machinization, not necessarily progress. automating everything fucks up everybody's life. clint was fuck progress, and he got cockslapped for it.

Attached: Hinawa_.jpg (221x671, 55K)

anyone else notice how mother threads have gone to shit ever since vinny streamed it?

It's always been like this

It's not a twist. Its fucking obvious from the beginning

Soon, my son. We will fight him soon enough.

Attached: 1547508112696.jpg (720x964, 142K)

theres more degenerate shit going man what are you talking about

Undertale is shit though

youtube.com/watch?v=3GP27jxBupA

Attached: Hinawa....jpg (227x467, 34K)

455806902(((you)))

technology bad

Attached: TracerTong.png (350x321, 164K)

It's a meme game that's only relevant today because kids grew up watching let's players and think it's the best thing ever since chuggaconroy let's played it a decade ago. Same with earthbound.

90% of people who were to buy it and Earthbound on re-releases would play it for five minutes and never touch it again.

This is literally an irrefutable truth.