What was it like playing MGS1 in 1998?

What was it like playing MGS1 in 1998?

Attached: MGS_title.png (631x403, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxRhvub9geQ
newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/why-did-hideo-kojima-leave-konami
polygon.com/2015/12/16/10220356/hideo-kojima-konami-explainer-metal-gear-solid-silent-hills
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just like playing MGS1 in any other year

Same as today.

great

Awesome. Games overall looked pretty shitty during the PS1 era so the horrid graphics were fine.

Pretty shit desu, controls were not as good as some 3D Nintendo games.

Watching gaming die as I realized this fucking moviegame pile of shit with horrible controls was actually popular with nugamer morons.

Gay

>playing the demo
>leaves off when the Darpa Chief is having a heart attack

Attached: 1538603512409.jpg (786x615, 98K)

Then there is this guy.

If this is true then you should be embarrassed to be on Yea Forums at your age, oldfag

The guy who tells the truth about gaming? Yep, I'm here.

If you honestly believe MGS is good, you shouldn't be on Yea Forums. Try Yea Forums, it's closer to what MGS is.

>the see meryl in her underwear easter egg worked in the demo
I fapped to it

You must be really cool, hating everything.

Even though its aged like shit, the overhead camera angle aspect of the game really didn't seem to weird or out of place back in the 90s. There were some other games at the time that were experimenting with the "behind the shoulder" camera like Silent Hill 1, but that style of camera angle wasn't the gold standard yet like it is today. I'm glad Kojima abandoned that shit after MGS3 vanilla though, it was REALLY starting to feel dated then.

Very impressive but also disappointing in the end, I remember thinking there would be more missions so the end caught me off guard, I'm sure the game made it clear that wasn't the case but that was how I felt at the time.

the concepts were awesome but even then the game controlled like shit, meaning that the controls were very unintuitive and weird it didn't actually control like shit it just felt weird as shit to play

Fuck off. The camera is one of the best parts. It's so limited that it forces you to put more effort into your actions. You actually have to stop, whip out your scope, and scan the surroundings. You have to watch the enemies and their actions to determine when you act, where you act, and how you act. Once they switched to a controllable camera that stands behind your shoulder, all this was dropped. Now there's no need to meticulously plan because the obstacles you're trying to avoid are always in plain sight, you just move and act as you need to.

Why do people say this? The controls are fine and there's nothing weird about them. The later games are where shit got retarded. Pushing a button to lean against a wall, another to turn to the side, another to look around, and another to shoot all at the same time.

amazing experience

no wonder it is the 1998 (console) GOTY

>It's so limited that it forces you to put more effort into your actions
Exactly, it's artificial difficulty which makes the game weird to control and much less immersive. It was just a holdover from the old MSX Metal Gear games which had such extreme hardware limitations that adopting that kind of camera angle was necessary.

imagine actually believing this...

I disagree with you and find your general personality disdainful and repugnant.

Grow up. It's a genuinely not good game. It's not even much of a game at all. If you cut out the cutscenes you get like 40 minutes of gameplay. The game's ranking system actually implores you to beat the game in under 30 minutes, further emphasizing how minimal the gameplay actually is.

Fucking amazing.

>tfw i was 7

>Grow up and stop liking what I don't like
>A game can be speedran, that means it has no gameplay
Beat the fucking game in 30 minutes right now and report back if it's so easy lol

It's so weird to think MGS came out in the same century as Theodore Roosevelt's presidency.

Absolutely brainless

twin snakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mgs1

Yeah no. MGS2 started the stupid trend of making everything over-the-top and Twin Snakes took it too far by pushing the agenda on a game that was almost 100% realistic. FUCK kojima and FUCK twin snakes

>muh realism
fuck off. no one gives a shit about some generic faggots doing boring shit. there's a reason so many people can recall more characters and moments from the other games

MGS is very far from realistic, no idea where you got that.

Life was more innocent, something in the air just seemed, I don't know, better.
Then 9/11 happened.

the way the game had a FPS view you could use and the camera angles being all over the place made it feel weird it wasn't cohesive

Jesus. Did you not get MGS at all? Is this some post your read and just repeated without even thinking of how retarded it sounds?

>clones
>psychics
>giant mechs
>invisibility cloaks
>mind control
>telekinesis
>foxdie
>almost 100% realistic

There is a difference between scifi tanks and jumping on missiles

It was cool, I was 14, the target kojima audience

>muh missile jump
like clockwork

Shits retarded yo

Literally everything in this list except for the psychic stuff is realistically plausible. Obviously not in our current age but it is all stuff that could realistically exist in our world at some point in the future.

Jumping on a missile could realistically be achieved in the future too, you know.

Amazing.
The atmosphere and detail blew my mind when it first came out.
Gameplay was very different from stuff I'd been playing and I loved it. Absolutely demolished that game.
Last year I booted up my PS1 and replayed it a couple times.
Fun fact:
Did you know that you can zoom (with scope) past the censor blur on the naked guard after you meet Meryl for the first time and see an uncensored, rendered asshole?
Never seen anything like that in a main stream, non-AO video game since.

Attached: 1521876252874.jpg (664x748, 83K)

Your teeth spilled out on the floor could also be achieved in the future if you don't shut the fuck up and stop replying to me.

there's also vulcan raven and the fact that the game is set in 2005

reminder

Attached: thiefvsmgs.jpg (1280x840, 273K)

you realize they're both söyjaks right?

stupid americans when will they realize their shitty game is boring as fuck

It was the first time I realized games could be cinematic and not just random diversions.

at least it is a game and not a shitty movie lol

classic

Same as playing MGS1 today except you were surrounded by people that drank pink and green drink cups, watched DuckTales and got hooked on Dragon Ball Z.

Rather watch an entertaining movie than play a boring game tbqhmgm (to be quite honest my good man)

I dropped the game the moment I finished it and skipped all the cutscenes. Was not interested in anime crap in 1998 when I rented the game.

Never played another MGS game since, why do you all keep falling as prey to this hack?

>pink and green drink cups
t...t..t.thanks doc?

>I dropped the game the moment I finished it

yeah it's really anime shit when everything from the characters to the story is based on american media

Did you do a 360 too?

Kojima wishes he could make good movies, that's why he makes shitty moviegames instead where the standards are lower.

>Yea Forums talking shit about a game
maybe I will try it out then

yeah pretty much, his dream has been to make hollywood movies since he was a kid but he has poor ideas and work ethics so he's reduced to making juvenile games for virgins

newfag city

I am not interested in movies.
When I first got it, I played the first few minutes, realize what I was getting into and turned off the PS1 and played Boulder Dash games on my C64, they were more fun.

Since then I have not gotten much of any video game. I do not know why I even come here. I play emulators and stuff but I mostly circulate /vr/.

Actually don't. Save yourself the time and just move on to MGS3. That's where the series actually gets good and the entries after it call back to the old ones anyway so you'll understand the whole story.

>American media
The protagonist of MGS is literally Naruto in the sci-fi universe
Many of the tropes in MGS are based off of anime
Jesus fucking christ this is a Japanese game

Attached: This whole GIF speaks anime OVA.gif (500x385, 254K)

>literally Naruto

The protagonist of MGS is literally every 90s hollywood action hero in the sci-fi universe.
Many of the tropes in MGS are based off of famous events in american films.
Jesus fucking christ the creator loves american culture and the game was designed with that market in mind first and foremost.

damn you sound epic

He looks like Naruto with brown hair.

Explain to me why the the protagonist of MGS1 is stylized like anime. Why is he drawn like anime?
The story is western like but the tropes are anime focused in other details.
Jesus fucking christ, your post is stupid.

Attached: This character is drawn by a Japanese artist that indulges in anime. This is anime. Like it or not, (192x263, 12K)

>why do the drawings made by a japanese artist look like that of japanese art
brilliant

>comparing Snake to an anime character that was created a decade later

Please don't do this. Snake's character pre-dates Naruto by a lot.

Attached: merlin_139792227_19a1f5a4-3f6a-4cac-ab5d-43a3aeef069c-articleLarge.jpg (600x584, 53K)

It was amazing. I played the pizza hut demo and KNEW i had to buy this shit as soon as it was out.
I got it for christmas and was blown away. Loved every second of it.

like 6 months later a guy bought it off me for 80 dollars since his parents didnt buy him video games and he was loaded or something. not sure what his deal was.

Back then the blank faces didnt even register with me. Just felt normal

Oh yeah, sure, Solid Snake was created in 1987 but his finalized design in MGS1 was created circa. 1997, about 2 years before Naruto.

Which even makes your point more moot.

This is Japanese art.

Attached: This is Japanese Art.jpg (750x394, 123K)

Reminder that Solid and Raiden are the best Metal Gear protagonists.
Fuck Big Faggot for ruining metal gear.

Attached: d8wzgou-6623d8a9-b45b-42ec-b619-6788b7b44e42.jpg (1024x576, 140K)

if that's what you consider "anime" style then what the fuck do you consider western style? 18th century art?

Attached: dies.png (640x480, 235K)

Back to rddit you shit eating cunt.

Attached: 1529448754558.gif (200x200, 28K)

>those filenames
peak autism kino

>moot
redditspeak

Have you never seen western artwork?

Attached: Wow you are an idiot.jpg (480x360, 39K)

and this is american art

Attached: native american cave art.jpg (900x454, 256K)

By the way, this is anime art. It looks like Anime, and nothing like traditional Japanese art.

Attached: This is Anime Art.png (150x396, 94K)

Why didn't they write Snake and Naomi together? Would have been interesting how she hated him at first but came to like him when she grew to know him. The story and interactions would have been better than what we got, Snake getting thrown over by ginger cunt for the laughing stock of the series.

Attached: naomi hunter.jpg (182x275, 17K)

>guy dressed in uniform standing against wall and breathing = anime
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shut up.

Blame Kojima, he doesn't give a fuck about Snake, especially if it gives him more time to wank Big Boss.

actually, genuinely, autistic

>Yea Forumstards have the contrarian gen so far up their asses that they have to hate on MGS just because everyone likes it
You can be ironic and pretending all you want but deep inside you know you'll die alone if you keep with this attitude

naomi is traitorous scum

I was around 9-10 when I got round to playing it and it absolutely blew my mind to the point where young solid snake is my favourite vidya character still to this day.

>all the boss fights
>the crazy story
>the torture scene
>psycho mantis mind fuckery
>everything to do with gray fox
>BROTHERRRRRR

I'm still mad we never got another game starring young snake fuck kojima and his boner for big bossu

@455798651
Nice bait, retard. At this point you're not even trying to stay consistent. This would have actually been funny if you used traditional American art but you went for a shitty cartoon that's effectively the American equivalent to "anime art"

Attached: DON'T.jpg (680x680, 87K)

Same as , except I was 7-8. Then I was 10-11 when MGS2 came out and my mind was blown with the story and the gameplay was nice.

>Is a character, using bandanas, a popular anime trope in the 90's
>Sneaking suit is stylized like military esque sci fi anime from the 90's
>Whole design speaks anime just from looking at the official artwork
>"Lol it's not anime"
I fucking hate this board.

>Hurr durr it's just a uniform
You're going to ignore the bandana? The obvious layout of the vest and the suit in general?

Attached: ANIME.jpg (650x950, 74K)

naomi is a based white cutie and the only good metal gear waifu

Could have had MG 1 and 2 remakes in fox engine by now if Konami wasnt retarded

Attached: FINE HERE IS TRADITIONAL AMERICAN ART ITS STILL NOTHING LIKE TRADITIONAL JAPANESE ART.jpg (204x247, 8K)

Stop you fucking autist, its anime alright, now fuck off

>bandanas, a popular anime trope in the 90's

>white
*black

as a kid I hated Raiden and MGS2 wasn't until after MGS3 I went back and realised how fucking good it actually was

if only user

I never implied that was about "traditional" western artwork. was specifically asking about comparing anime to western artwork.

I posted the western contrast to anime artwork as appropriately as I should. Want me to post traditional western artwork? I already did in , numbskull.

how actually autistic do you have to be to dislike something because it resembles something from another country's culture?

>horrid graphics
unironically, MGS1's dated graphics look pretty neat nowadays. Low poly PS1 graphics have this ethereal, alien feel that you can't really replicate going for photorealism like nowadays.

I think he's legit autistic, judging by his filenames.

Africa is not black. When will you retarded /pol/ rejects realize this?

Attached: It's a combination.png (397x280, 125K)

>DON'T NO!
>RESPOND TO IT!
This picture is anime phrasing.

do you have all these on hand or are you making them now?
if the latter, why are they so small?

he's just trying to derail actual vidya discussion with an argument over something arbitrary

like this guy

Anyway will any metal gear ever surpass REX?

>is he anime or is he western or is he japanese and
FUCK OFF IDIOTS HE IS A JAPANESE CHARACTER STYLIZED LIKE ANIME CHARACTERS WITH WESTERN TRAITS FROM VARIOUS MOVIE ACTORS
WOW HOW DUMB IS THIS BOARD HOLY FUCKIN SHIT

Attached: aid1074291-v4-728px-Use-Anger-Productively-Step-1.jpg (728x546, 54K)

Fuck off, i'm just stating a fact that correlates to a character in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=hxRhvub9geQ

100% Fucking Kino

mgs4 on steam when?

It was incredible. It felt new and fresh. The presentation and story was unlike other games

>Over half of thread spent on talking whether Solid Snake is "anime"
>Over fucking artwork
Yea Forums has reached a new low.

Attached: tomjerry4.jpg (620x420, 29K)

why was rex the only metal gear to ever have a good boss fight attached to it?

never ever

Attached: 100%.jpg (442x740, 46K)

Whatever dude. No one cares whether or not snake is anime or africa is white. Just talk about the fucking game.

Pretty sad that this is the only good part of mgs4. Where did this series go so wrong?

shit that was truly soul

I heard some guy say it went wrong at third sun

MGS4 was great the whole way through. The problem is the pacing and that the gameplay that everyone wanted is mostly just the first third of the game.

Western Sonic looks better

that's just the first video that came up on youtube it doesn't even have the part with the old broken down security camera (mirroring old broken down snake)

My best gaming experience to date, nothing will ever come close to it.

I just wanted more adventures of snake and otacon, taking down metal gears around the world but somehow it's all somehow connect by insane metal gear plot

Use AutoHotKey

You're welcome

Attached: mgsvtpp_2019_03_25_01_24_20_920.png (2560x1440, 1.71M)

What do you think will be the future of Metal Gear as whole? MGR2? Remakes? MGS6? Maybe its just over. Do you want it to be over?

Attached: e80c2e1eaf12a48b24d3e9cb59a792ba.jpg (771x1080, 182K)

God yes i want it to be over. The series should have ended 18 years ago

Just tie the series up with remakes of MG1 and 2, honestly I wouldn't want them to tough MGS1 at this point

I genuinely cried when playing that part and I've never cried at a film or any other media

faggot

Go and play fortnite, zoomer

>remake mg 1&2
>remake mgs1 but don't touch the script, just use the original audio from 1998
>remake peace walker in the style of TPP
>release all of that and also mgs2 and 3 on pc.

go and cry at video games, sissyboy

one of the rare few times in vidya that I've just sat there, awestruck

and people say it isn't art

cringe

Idgaf when you're old enough you'll understand

isn't 2 already on pc?

see what gets me the most when playing that game is actually how little it's aged, the top down viewpoint of the game is decidedly old school, but the presentation and flow of the story, integration of cutscenes etc.is decidedly modern.

Metal gear solid 1 is the first AAA game. It's the blueprint that ALL high budget games after it would copy.

Attached: pacdance.gif (225x225, 21K)

yeah but it needs to be modded to work properly, it's also out of print.

>95% of the cutscenes were all in-engine and fully voiced
Kojima was doing shit hardly any games were doing at the time.

Same, except
>everything to do with Liquid Snake
Best villain, also fuck all the other MGS games.

I got bored after ocelot. Syphon filter was my shit tho

>Where did this series go so wrong?
The moment Liquid Snake died.

Great observation, from my perspective, nothing has blew me away like that ever since, obviously there's been "better" games as technology has moved on, but there's never been a jump like that for me.

Legitimately groundbreaking and revolutionary. It bothers the hell out of me seeing zoomers shit on his name these days.

Why did this thread need to be made? There is nothing left to discuss about MGS at this point. It's all just shitflinging and copypasting shit from the wiki. The series is over give it a rest for a while.

Could have been a rivalry for the ages

The ending to MGS4 is still pretty great though

Judging by the OP I'm assuming OP was born around/after the release and didn't get the opportunity to play it at the time and wanted to hear some opinions of what it was like.....

I didn't think this site would devolve to the point of hating on MGS. Fucking zoomers.

There is always something to discuss, there are people that are new to the series everyday and want to talk about it. I replayed it many times over the years and just like discussing it, even though I know everything about it.

>Why did this thread need to be made? There is nothing left to discuss about X at this point.

That retarded statement can be made about anything

OP wanted personal accounts from Yea Forums members about what THEY PERSONALLY felt when playing the game upon release, not an objective analysis of the games merits you muppet.

Attached: ho ho holy shit.jpg (1043x732, 52K)

Is their scope for a game set between 2 and 4?

/vr/ has a monthly mgs hate thread

Name 2 other things and I'll go to their threads and say the same exact thing.
Well at some point people are gonna need to learn how to learn things on their own. It's funny that you act like that's what this thread is about anyway. It's all just people shitting on the game for (You)s. The other type of modern MGS thread is just people debating solid heh facts and making up headcanon about the games that have been debated for years.

/vr/ plays games even less than Yea Forums so that makes sense.

>zoomer plays MGS for the first time in the past couple years when cinematic games was already a meme
What a retard.

>It's all just people shitting on the game for (You)s.
Guess thats all you see in your autism mode, let people talk about what they want

The kids asking what was actually like playing it at the time, don't think you get it.

It was a Friday and my friend in school lent me it and i rushed home to play it. My parents were out so it was only me in. I literally shoved my bag down and put the cd in the console, from the very first sounds in the intro I was hooked, immersed and absorbed, I played it for nearly 8 hours straight without realising, I had literally only grabbed a snack and ate it whilst playing. I was snapped out of the immersion when I heard my parents coming in at like 2am from a wedding they had been at, I quickly saved and turned off the console, and lay there completely blown away still.

No game has come close, I doubt it ever will.

I was cool, it took me the longest time to get to the elevator in the first area.

can we all just shut up and agree that ocelot is the most fuckable character in mgs?

Snake's Revenge should be remade into MGR2. It'll be so confusing that nobody will know what to get mad about.

Yes I can see reality in autism mode.

>Is it possible to have an MGS between 2 and 4?
Certainly. MGSR with Raiden was going to be set in that period.

Nah senpai, it's liquid. The dude is genuinely hot and the accent is kino.

LIke having a reveleation: so games can be this cool, huh?

>comes into an MGS thread
>cries about people discussing MGS

You see where the problem is don't you user?

No.

sorry, apathethic basement dweller neet, but human emotions aren't hardcoded this way.

What agenda did Twin Snakes push?

That ain't Raiden
Just look at that butt

Attached: DsQuO0DUUAAdC72.jpg (933x1200, 110K)

I probably played the demo 30 times. Never owned it back then.

how did this dumb twink manage to cum inside rose?

Man Yea Forums has gotten impeccably shit

Attached: 5f600bc2706d5bb7d9857c0e0390c675.jpg (153x154, 6K)

like playing silent hill for the first time. I still remember at school nerds talking about it all day. I feel sory that konami is just a gacha and pachinko company nowadays. And retards from here mock Hideshiro Mitsomuta and his new game which wil probably be a masterpiece just becaus ehe likes posing with his hollywood friends.

>Hideshiro Mitsomuta and his new game which wil probably be a masterpiece

Tell us more user

One of the reasons Konami is now a "gacha and pachinko" company is because of the millions of debt Hideo Kojima caused to the company.

Have a source on that? I really doubt Kojima caused any debts to Konami. Especially when MGSV made triple its budget.

Rose likely used her spy training to force him to cum.

Have you ever noticed that girls are really attracted to men on both extremes of the spectrum? Manly men and feminine men, they're the ones everyone loves. Really makes me think

if that's the case why don't i have a gf? i'm one estrogen shot away from being a girl..

And there's the autism.

lol look at this naive faggot. just google it "reasons hideo kojima left konami" with "new konamis ceo makes huge profit after kojima's firing".

What are you talking about what does autism mean?

Feminine men, not fucking trannies.

>lol just google it trust me but I dont have a source
Why dont you find it for me? Could it be that its not true?

it means you have no social awareness, have no "normal emotions" and is basically a virtual version of dustin hoffman's rainman.

dude I gave you the keywords. google it faggot, i dare you.

What do my emotions have to do with this? I am very aware of what's happening right now. I think you might have gotten me confused with you.

I did and none of the articles say what you spout

Raiden is not tranny tier though

not him, but he's right. here are the links I found by googling that
newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/why-did-hideo-kojima-leave-konami

polygon.com/2015/12/16/10220356/hideo-kojima-konami-explainer-metal-gear-solid-silent-hills

Pretty fucking cool.
t.31 year old boomer

Fucking awful. I rented it from Blockbuster.

Terrible
Had a bootleg disc from a friend and had to wait a week before he got back from vacation to get the codec freq, shitters on message boards wouldn't tell me either

Dont fucking link me polygon and again, those articles dont say anything like that

Very cinematic game mostly good for its story and characters. Syphon Filter was also very cinematic and had better gameplay IMO but I don't remember the story to that

they say he was "let go" because the new konami ceo wanted to focus on mobile gaming because aaa "tradidional games" were fucking expensive and the company was dying. can't you read, faggot? kys, retard

I was 10 and rented it from a tanning salon/video store called Dave's Video. Everytime I think of the game i still smell tanning oil. It was the first instance I can recall of voice acting and dialogue being good. I rented it every weekend but never beat it until much later in life because of the meryl codec number. My grandma asked me when i graduated if I still played "That game with all the snow" She bought me a PS3 for graduation when i told her yes, and that there was a new one coming out soon. Then she died a few months later. Then I got MGS4 and Snake died.

Attached: 308467-sadsnake.jpg (1280x720, 344K)

Damn user, right in the feels.

Feels

>sitting at home with two bros around the TV
>take turns trying to play through the game
>switch off every time we died
>little bro was too scared to fight Vulcan Raven so it was just me and older bro doing that boss
>get stuck at Revolver Ocelot torture scene, eventually we tried the turbo and it worked despite the game saying it wouldn't
>get stuck at ninja boss for the longest time
>that fucking stairwell to the helicopter got us almost as much as any bosses
>final boss actually pretty fun
>mom walked in to the room right at the conversation with April at the beginning where she joked that Snake could give her a strip-search later, mom got upset

amazing what you remember from your childhood
the internet obviously existed, but we had shitty dial up and we didn't surf any gaming sites

Attached: apu time warp.jpg (1471x1024, 93K)

>the articles don't say anything like that
Holy shit, you fucking illiterate.

A common sign of autism is being completely socially unaware and being unable to communicate effectively with others.

(you)

The world would be better off without grandmas

I'm a boomer who played MGS1 like a month ago and I absolutely loved it. I'm going to play 2 and 3 too, but is it true that 4 and 5 are bad? Just want to know in advance

the best soulful post for the last soulful series. let it rest in peace

Nice try Polygon shill.

read the article, illiterate faggot. basically aaa games the retard produces were killing the company. they are too expensive and the return isn't solid which makes investors nervous.

Snake didn't die. Don't say things that aren't true.

They are nowhere near bad, but keep your expectations lower. People blow it ouf proportions. MGS4 and 5 almost suffer from opposite problems. I guess they fill each other out.

I read the article and you are talking non-sense that isnt in it. Enjoy the last (you).

4 is more cutscene than game and 5 has no real conclusion/payoff but it has some of the best gameplay

Why are you telling me this?

I did something like that 10 years ago. by then the game was already old. I had a great time. I stopped on metal gear solid 2 though, because the pc port was shit.

verbatim from one of the articles
he Japanese games with which most players are familiar have always been the outliers,” David McCarthy, of the Tokyo-based developer Cybird, told me. “But there has always been a huge iceberg of titles beneath the surface that Western gamers rarely glimpse.… The growing cost of console development, allied to a shrinking domestic market, have made these games increasingly unviable without international success.”

But these future projects will be anomalies in a mobile-dominated Japanese market. Although Western fans may mourn the loss, McCarthy doesn’t share their despondency. “Honestly, I am not so sure that any threat to yet another shouting, shooting game full of American grunts saving democracy from the wiles of dark-skinned terrorists is any great loss to the art,” he said.

I loved 5 and could see past its flaws. 5 has the best character across the series.

Attached: friend.jpg (640x360, 47K)

I see, thanks. Shame that the PC port is shit though, but I'll manage somehow

I miss demos for games.
I probably never would have bought bioshock 1 if it didn't have the first level as a demo on xbox 360.
Why don't games do this shit anymore?
It's not like it's anymore work, just cut & paste the first level and you're done.

Attached: angry.jpg (228x224, 10K)

>I have to duck and crawl immediately, strange.
>Wait, I can't just kill everyone because enemies will spawn infinitely?
>Kill Revolver Ocelot 30 minute cutscene. None of that made any sense.
>Gameplay is pretty inventive, but the story is schizophrenic nonsense.

Pretty much like playing a kojima game today.

The PC port of MGS2 has a fix, but its a long time since I played it so I cant provide you with it. Played really well though.

Because you likely have it and aren't aware.
A person with autism can still live a long and fulfilling life but not being diagnosed until later in life can cause unnecessary stress and unhappiness due to not being aware of one's condition.

I thought the fmv's of gulf war footage was dope as shit as a kid

>3D Nintendo64 games
>Good controls
Cease.

It was honestly breathtaking at the time (similar to Ocarina of Time in that regard) and still holds up very well today. Excellent voice acting and atmosphere.

Played it 99-00. It was fun. The voice acting was really cool to me. There was no internet back then for me, so no “greener grass” for me to compare it to. It was my first ps1 game. Going to blog post for a bit.

It’s an interesting moment of time for me because it was right before I developed depression. Within the year my parents would get in an ugly divorce and my attempt to prove I loved them both would isolate me, I would get molested, my best friend would jump me to get in a gang, and then puberty.

Years later the uncle who got me MSG1 would give me MGS4 and the part with Shadow Moses would make me realize that playing MGS1 was really the last time I had been happy in a long time and seek therapy. Something about the flashback to the ps1 graphics when you see the security camera and then it falls was a literal epiphany. I will awlays love MG because of that.

Hayter should have been on V.

shit.
hayter should've been the voice of the real big boss at the end of the game, at the very least

Attached: 1550750716471.jpg (978x768, 127K)

Play it in Japanese, Snake's jap voice actor from the beginning reprises his role.

scrolling through this thread was almost physically painful its so bad, but i'll contribute alongside the few other genuine people here.
i was 8 at the time, but i remember being impressed by little details and fun things that were in it. the foot prints in the snow, guards following sounds and evading them with misdirection, the ketchup scene in the jail cell, having to switch the controller slots/getting "my mind read" - i could go on. having played mostly sega/snes games until then, it was all so fucking new to me, and it was all really fun, too. i didnt take the story seriously, but i thought it was cool that the game had a movie built into it, most games before just had some text and maybe a little animation here and there. i know liquid kicked my ass and i thought meryl was dead until she reappeared in 4.
its not one of the brighest memories of my vidya childhood - 2 and 3 are still some of my favorite games of all time, though - but it was definitely a stand out title. you just really had to be there - along with a few other gems from that era, it set the standard for all the games to come after it, and nothing can change that.

Attached: 1536594357363.png (350x286, 105K)

First, you're wrong. Second, Kojima is an ameriboo.

Very cool. A KB toys employee gave me a demo because I expressed concern that stealth gameplay might be too hard. It wasn't, and I was very happy to get the game from my opa that year.

sjw/tranny agenda.
just youtube original vs twin snakes dialogue changes. Original was critical of the left, remake/twin snakes just made it shit all over the right. just blatantly political garbage

Great. Played it for the first time at a friend's house, trying to figure out how rations work.
I remember sitting in the back of my family car with the rental box after that, reading the fold-out instruction manual and admiring Shinkawa's art while the evening sun poured in through the window.
Maximum comfy, and a memory that (funnily enough, considering that game's plot) I was able to perfectly recreate for MGS2.
Psycho Mantis telling me about how much I liked Azure Dreams blew my fucking mind.

Attached: tumblr_o5jc5wLfju1ra4y03o7_500.jpg (500x500, 78K)

So the perfect option is to remove all politics

Kojima a an asshole, he gives raises half a game and snake 2 and a half (not counting mg) then gives big boss 4

HOOOOO
IVE GOT SOMETHING IN MY THROAT
I NEED TO BE ALONE
WHILE I SUUUUUUUUUFUUUUUUUUR

Attached: 1535255779297.png (1054x526, 92K)

IS THERE SOMEBODY THERE?

Attached: MGS2_Gurlukovich_soldiers.png (502x546, 275K)

grats user, you've just solved the world's problems, we'll get right on that.

Bought the album, learned to play the song on guitar: the bleak soundtrack to my teenage years.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 300 × 300 pixels).jpg (300x300, 22K)

sublime

>Mom picks me up from school at 3:30PM.
>We head to the town mall and eat at a place called Lubys.
>I finish eating, ask my mom if I can have $30 to go to the comic book store and then the arcade.
>Asks if I have homework, tell her no.
>She gives me $30, tells me to go to only those two places and she'll meet me at the arcade when she's ready to leave.
>Hit up the comic book shop, buy 2 comics, and play on their Tekken 3 machine for a bit.
>Head down to the arcade, play some more Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.
>Mom arrives, we go home.
>Change into pajamas, start some MGS.
>Play MGS until bedtime.
>Check out some cool stuff on AOL before bedtime, like how to do something in MGS.
>Hop into my top bunk, pull up my TMNT sheets, and goto bed.
Maximum comfy, desu.

I feel like you a lie

This, I played mgs1 a few years ago, and there's this weird aesthetic to it's graphics and atmosphere that make it very visually appealing to me.