What's the last flight sim you ever touched, user?

What's the last flight sim you ever touched, user?

Don't give me that War Thunder bullshit either, that's baby's first flying game and on a scale of gold to shit it's a fuckin' colossal dump of ass.

Attached: il2edit8v5.png (1920x1080, 3.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aerowings on Dreamcast

Jesus, that's old. Why haven't you touched any since then, user?

Attached: il2edit19.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Ace Combat

Attached: 1550580077625.jpg (1280x1461, 130K)

WWII Online and Il2, I haven't touched a joystick since those two games. I played both at once so I can't really tell you which was the last I played. Il2 had the better visuals but WWII Online was an MMO and had a better environment since you could actually surprise people doing other shit.

one of the old microsoft simulator, it's been years

>MMO
No thanks from me. I hate those shits on a foundational level. Old IL-2 is quality taste though, you should consider the new ones. The Flight and Damage models are gorgeous and the content's getting up there.
Never can go wrong with Ace Combat. Good choice.

Attached: il2edit20.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

The F-14 on DCS Wolrd

Attached: Screen_190317_015458.png (2560x1440, 3.81M)

War Thunder SB and DCS
Both multiplepayer lobbies are pretty good

What happened to Jester :(

Good taste as well. Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator were both very good times. Do you happen to remember which one in particular?
>F-14
Yay
>DCS World
Nay
Good fun if you got the bucks to cough up, Tomcat makes up for the DCS World bit, good stuff, user.
>War Thunder
I thought I said no War Thunder. Even their ""Simulator Battles"" are laughable.
>DCS World
Broken piece of ass only frequented by r/hoggit faggots who think the F-18 is a decent opponent for Mig 21s. I hope you're at least flying something respectable like the user before you.

Attached: il2edit22.png (1920x1080, 3.94M)

Probably either IL2 or Lock On. Probably a decade ago though.

Indeed, calling it a sim seems to trigger alot of anons here. Do you any flight games similar to Ace Combat?

Attached: 1548736573402.jpg (1451x2048, 559K)

War Thunder
OP can suck my stalinwood dick.

Flying the MiG-21 and the MiG-19. I know no War Thunder but I just played in a sim lobby an hour ago.
What’s r/hoggit?

Strike Fighters 2. Find a yar-har link and download mods for it, it's good 'ol fun with better FMs but still arcadey comfort.
>200% MAD
r/hoggit is essentially the go-to DCS World subreddit.
It's horrible, never go there.
MiG-21 is good taste, MiG-19 is also good taste but shit plane 'cause of RAZBAM.

Attached: img00091.jpg (1920x1080, 100K)

This, War Thunder is turbodogshit in almost every way aside from modeling. Even then it's pretty inaccurate.
Last flight sim I've really gotten into was Combat Flight Simulator 3 Battle for Europe with the Firepower addon.
Fun af and I finally got it again off a decade old torrent with no seeders left aside from a Frog, Spaniard, and Filipino who'd seed for a little bit a day.

Quality taste, user. I'll have to search for the same link, or dig out the disc for it since I know I have it here somewhere. Good times, thanks for reminding me of 'em.

Attached: shultspoint.jpg (286x320, 22K)

either 99 or 2000

ty user

Attached: 1548975624925.png (253x307, 64K)

thepiratebay org/torrent/3715248/[PC]_Combat_Flight_Simulator_3_[FIREPOWER]_[dopeman]
Debating on seeding tonight because muh IP and what not.

Old but gold, if I were you I'd go look around for 'em again, re-experience some old memories.
The pleasure's all mine, herr-user.
Appreciated, user! I'll pick it up, but don't worry about seeding - I can wait an extra while if it means you don't get bitched at by your ISP.

Attached: shultzsmile.jpg (306x320, 60K)

Jester freaked the fuck out because I tried taking off from the carrier without a catapult and was about 2 feet from becoming a submarine but I got into the air

Honestly after being with Jester for a bit I now know how it feels to be the unfortunate RIO of a Ace Combat protagonist.

Attached: Screen_190317_015209.png (2560x1440, 2.89M)

>Jester actually ejects on you if he thinks the situation is bad enough

Attached: 1553361659977.png (500x688, 313K)

DCS World
Got the F14 too.

Once again, gross that it's DCS World but at least you're flying something with taste.

Attached: il2edit21.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

red baron 3D

Why are you such a massive fag? Haven't seen such an obnoxious op in a long time

Quality taste, user. Should look into Rise of Flight, or Flying Circus for IL-2. Red Baron 3D's good shit though, no shame in sticking with it.
>t. war thunder regular

Attached: FD7.jpg.e842db8dd7ddf5e9caa4cf180c9ae688.jpg (1916x1078, 366K)

Xplane 10

I also fly BoX ( S and M )

Good, should pick up Kuban and Bodenplatte when you have the chance, both are good and the latter's shaping up great with each new update.
>modern civilian flight simming
I feel so bad for you. Get out while you still have money, and soul. I lost both well before I managed to get out.
At the very least you're flying in X-Plane, the one with the good flight modelling.

Attached: il2edit12.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

He doesn't need to lose all his money with civilian simming
just pirate everything

>he doesn't know
user, that scene's one of the few that did everything in their physical and mental fucking power to prevent people from being able to pirate their shit, and for the most part it worked.
Anyone who does crack their shit eventually gets sued anyways so, better to just ditch the whole scene right now.
Wait 'till it dies a painful death, then get back into it when it's in the hands of new people with new attitudes.

Attached: 1549055055159.png (323x291, 88K)

He's a planefag. They are autistic(plz no bully).

Attached: You're about to have a real bad time.jpg (1920x1040, 356K)

>slavshit
Sexy planes, terrible cockpits.
Embrace your inner planefag, it used to be in everyone but then Michaelsoft almost singlehandedly killed it with Microsoft Flight, and then the terrible business practices that followed ensured that death would be permanent.

Attached: il2edit16.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

I find the SU27 cockpit quite nice, the MIG21 on the other hand...

IL2 Sturmovik and Janes WW2 Fighters

Attached: 519PAXJSK4L._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x267, 17K)

You the canadian?
tf is wrong with your net, bro

Last proper flight sim I played was IL-2 1946. Played on a server that had all the planes and I had lots of fun being in a gunners seat for a B-17

>some faggot in a HE-162 strafes the plane, left side gunner gets hit and dies
>jet nigga ducks down
>tfw belly gunner
>instantly light up his top mounted engine, setting it on fire
>get to watch as he plummets to the ground

Feels good man. Need to get back into playing it.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pcha3mUKqj1r3ke7i_1280.gif (220x275, 1.73M)

We must be opposites because I actually like the MiG-21 pit, as confusing as it is.
Classic stuff, good taste, user.
Yeah, I have no idea. Downloaded fuckin', Kenshi and ever since then every download after's been a fucking CRAWL, don't know why.

Attached: il2edit24.png (1920x1080, 3.45M)

God damn you faggots, tell me what entry level split stick/throttle I need to buy with my first paycheck in forever?

"Craw" is right, sheesh.
This is worse than when I used to steal internet with my laptop from my frontyard.
I'm sorry to see that. Tried restarting your router/modem?

Do actual flights count as simulation?
Instructors don't let you deviate for shit.
It's less fun that any simulator.

I just use my ancient Wingman Digital Extreme 3d from when I was a little kid to play IL-2 and CFS3

Attached: file.png (1000x666, 668K)

X52 or TWCS FCS HOTAS

I'm too much of a brainlet to play actual sims. I don't really have the patience despite wanting to learn. So I just stick to my Ace Combat games.

The closest thing to a sim I've played is Steel Battalion, but that's cause I'm a mecha faggot

Attached: IMG_20190312_125324.jpg (725x420, 36K)

>no throttle
FUCK, I just want to recapture the feeling of wonder that I got when I first played Elite:Dangerous at my old friend's dorm room.

The throttle is under the cord there, it's at the base of the stick.
It isn't a separate dedicated throttle sadly.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It's cheap, it's everywhere, and it's good enough for a starting stick. As for split HOTAS setup, the Thrustmaster stuff's pretty good overall I hear.
No, but that's still rad none the less. Real flight's awesome, I've never wanted to do anything other than fly since the day I can remember.
Not yet, it's ONLY uTorrent so I have a feeling my ISP's throttling it specifically. Whatever is causing it, I'll wait. Was worth it for Endless Ocean 2, it'll be worth it again here.

Besides, gives me some time to work on more screenshot edits.

Attached: il2edit25.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

I mean a split HOTAS.
Maybe I'll just skip the simulation and go to flight school.

Thank you for the suggestions, I guess I'm getting a Thrustmaster Hotas x off of amazon/ebay this friday.

I'll leave my pc on overnight for ya, good luck man. My condolences.

nah senpai we just arnt basement goblin autists who have time or care for such shit. Might as well take real flight lessons of youre going to take the time to "play" these shits.

Appreciate it, but, I'm going to try another time after I do some fucking about to try and figure out what's wrong - For some reason it's throttling my whole download speed entirely using UTorrent. I gotta wait till I can figure out what's up before I continue, so, don't worry about me, user.
I'm eager to see what you think of it, user. Be sure to make a thread so I can see, or pop by if I happen to have any faggoty threads up at the time.
>t. war thunder shitter
I thought I told you faggots to stay out.

Attached: il2edit18.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

VegateTheThicc#6510 If you've got discord, ping me when you want me to seed again.
Good luck on getting it fixed.

I really gotta pick a better name desu
>Some queer named Virgin sends a request and immediately deletes it
Lmao

Good pilots eat pancakes

Remember Yea Forums

Attached: 1552835769436.jpg (1202x1536, 246K)

is there even any graphical mod for Jane's fighter anthology?