>amazing new games coming out seemingly every day
>massive library of cheap GBA games to play
>infinite battery life
where did it all go so wrong bros?

Attached: dsfat.jpg (1282x573, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendosoup.com/pictochat-back-smartphones/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah I dunno, man. That early DS software draught was rough. I remember I just used to sit in bed at night all alone on PictoChat drawing pictures by myself. It was lonely as fuck.

>Remember that one day of school we were allowed to take one toy to school
>we all took our DS's
>Pictochat, and me arranging local wireless matches of Metroid Prime Hunters

I want to go back bros...

I had a blast 100%ing Ridge Racer DS (huge fan, even bought the amazing but shit vita version), SM64, lost in blue, MMBN5DS, ZX, sonic rush Dawn of sorrow etc.
I had to get a job my freshman year of high school just to keep up with all the games coming out in the first 3ish years of the DS' life.
You just don't remember because they were overshadowed by nintendo's (shitty) first party games like NSMB

>infinite battery life
Yeah nah man that's just nostalgia

OG ds got 10+ hours.
I left mine in a box for years, and it was still green when I checked it a couple months ago.
My DSi XL also gets 8+ hours with a game running and 3/4ths brightness.

It held battery WAY better than all the 3DS revisions. You can't even go 2 weeks before the battery on your 3DS dies regardless if you play it or not vs the DS having full battery for 6 months. That being said the 3DS can emulate all the gba games/ds games so just mod your 3DS OP. Stop being a faggot about game releases, the DS had no games for like a year and it didn't last as long as the 3DS has seeing as Nintendo has the Switch now. RIP actual portable gaming.

>the one day ever we were allowed to have an electronics party
>wasn't allowed to bring my gba, someone might steal it
>everyone else got to play pokemon together

Attached: I heard you dont liek mudkips.png (220x165, 43K)

>DS had no games for like a year
which year?
>didn't last as long
004-2013.
9 fucking years. It lasted a full 2 years into the 3DS' life even though it's a complete replacement, unlike nintendo's tablet abortion is to the 3DS.

it all went wrong when nintendo shut off the wi-fi servers. i guarantee tons of games would still have players to this day. the fan-made servers sadly don't work with all games and are flawed in some way but i'm still grateful for them

Nobody was buying a DS in 2011.

>tfw no more online custom robo

Field trips were always exciting as a kid because our school would let us bring our ds for the trip. Sitting on the bus with the whole class, playing Mario kart, having pokemon battles, and pictochat was a level of kino that's extremely hard to top. It's kind of sad that there wont be another successor to the 3DS, the ds is the thing I'm most nostalgic about in the gaming scene. I highly recommend you guys go buy a new 3ds if you can and install cfw on it, it has access to a huge library and theres just been so many great games released on Nintendo portables that you probably haven't played, and emulation will never really replicate the feel of using a ds unlike most other systems.

Attached: 1000x-1.jpg (1000x692, 56K)

That game was so much fun. I hate how that series got dumped, theres so much potential.

Attached: Marv.png (160x119, 34K)

why isnt there a pictochat app yet?
it could have both local and online chatrooms

>it all went wrong when nintendo shut off the wi-fi servers.
What the fuck, did they really do that? I wanted to repair my DS to play stuff online again :(

Fuck off younglings GBC was where childhood was at

You gave me a fucking great idea
I'll create a pictochat app for mobile phones

Why not just a DS lite with an R4 card?
They are like 10€.
Or even a DSi for 15€ for the better screen and menu.

Attached: Nintendo DS.jpg (2524x2128, 958K)

you can play online if you input the appropriate dns manually in wi-fi settings. you won't find anyone randomly unless it's mario kart, so you'll have to arrange games in discord or something. i'm not even sure if all games work, i couldn't get my c-gear in pokemon black to work

14-18 hours on DS lite, sure is infinite compared to the shit we have today

what did you think i meant you idiot
you better credit my post somehow

nintendosoup.com/pictochat-back-smartphones/ it already exists for iPajeets but dunno for Android

Those fucking batteries mang.
Late last year I got a grey DS (not lite) for 3 bucks which means it's probably 15 years old and the battery still let's me play for 8-10h depending on the game. How is that even possible my HTC Sensation form 2011 shuts off after 5 minutes because the battery is dead.

There's fan servers to connect to, google it.

He can make it for both and allow cross platform. Make it better like i said add online chatrooms and have local chatrooms just like the original

Isn't there a way to still get wifi connection running?
I would fucking love a Yea Forums tourney like the old days with custom robo, MKDS, faggots showing off their animal crossing stuff (WILD WORLD IS MUCH BETTER THAN NEW LEAF FUCKING FIGHT ME) etc.

Attached: reggie-nintendo-ds-e3-2004.jpg (550x314, 117K)

based and dsi pilled.

Attached: vita3ds.jpg (4032x3024, 981K)

>Isn't there a way to still get wifi connection running?
yes there is and it pisses me off that more people don't know about this but what can you do, the damage has already been done

Is there a guide for real hardware? I have a flashcart and everything.
There really needs to be a DS/3DS general on /vg/.

>vita dies
>goes I to hibernate mode
>forget to charge it
>months later plug it in
>it's exactly where I left off
Shit is magic, handheld died with vita

in short: delete old wi-fi settings (will cause some things to disappear in certain games, like friends, match statistics etc), find an access point (has to be WEP or non-encrytped), save it, click edit access point, set it to NOT auto detect DNS, enter your needed DNS manually (different servers support different games, so find the one that supports your game on the internet), and it should work. it's not hard, but not all routers have WEP as an option

forgot to mention one thing that confused me a little when i did this - you can only edit the wi-fi settings in a wi-fi supported game , not in the main menu of the DS, which is how things usually are done in this day and age

>has to be WEP or non-encrytped
this is the killer right here. I doubt you can find a router than can still support this.
Maybe it'll work through phone tethering though.
I know you can at least play online with emulators, and you can transfer save files back and forth with a flash cart.

>zoomer brainlets that sub to Scott the Woz are now nostalgiafagging over the DS

Yikes!

no one knows your e-celeb, kid

My OG DS runs out of battery very quickly, charged it up recently since i somehow got my R4 working again (only for like, an hour though, no idea how i fixed it, no idea how i broke it again) and it was in the red after just testing a few games.

>leave DS at home
>see everyone playing their's
>ask my mom to go home and bring mine
>she does
>remember that no one in my class liked me
>sit at my desk playing Mario until it was time to go home

Attached: Loves me not.png (250x184, 64K)

user that's a 15 year old battery you're using there.
what the fuck are you expecting

bump

I'm just casting suspicion on the idea that you can leave one in a box for years and have it still be green.