Convince me to play Sekiro

What's the appeal of this game?
The forced parrying? I can already do that in DMC3/4/5 AND Royal Guard every single attack in the game.
The Japanese theme is boring as fuck and makes Bloodborne look like a masterpiece in comparison.
Why should I give a shit about this game then?

Attached: sekiro-standard-edition-preorder.jpg (1000x547, 81K)

So you can post on Yea Forums that you beat it and receive headpats

bullshit i never got headpats for playing darksouls, don't believe him op

DMC games are actually fun and royal guard is a choice even on DMD and not forced and the parry is delayed alittle because Sekiro has input delay where as royal guard is a tighter window but consistent/fast and in 60 fps.

>Sekiro has input delay
Yikes, why do people like this garbage?

All jokes aside please save your $60 and don't buy this heap of shit.

The disappointment is on par with Dark Souls 2 on release day

Why would I give a shit if you play it or not, brainlet? Your post already gives you away as a pleb anyway.

Ok except Sekiro doesn't have broken parrying like in DMC games where you can defeat the boss in like 30 seconds.

Back to faggot

>using yikes unironicly ironically
Oof

Anyways summation delay and such has always been a feature of the souls games and the stuff it takes root from, like castlevania. The point is to commit to your actions and to have a picture of whats going to happen 3 seconds in the future.

>Parry all the attacks
>You should not be rewarded for it
?

Honestly, this is not just for you but for everyone not playing Sekiro.

The biggest reason why so many people tap out, or just too afraid to even start playing is that this game, for the first time in a long while, make you feel like a real loser. Most of us play game to escape reality. Loser in some way in real life and we can just avoid those things. Not here. You suck? You can try to get good. But if you fall and donĀ“t try again, the biggest shit feeling in the world actually sets in. And from a fucking video game? Yea it sucks. This game is really a fucking Rocky lesson. Those that can go at it again and win will feel like winners while those that give up are mentally fucked in the process. And Yea Forums? They will add insult. So the best way is really to avoid it if you are weak mentally and can not take a beating.

Is a 9/10 game for me.

>press L1
>enemy just swoops in and hits me anyway
seriously rage inducing input lag

Castlevania never used input lag as a mechanic, what the fuck are you talking about?
It made you commit to your jumps but that's it.

Not saying you shouldn't be rewarded for it but it shouldn't be broken to the point where parrying enough hits can literally take out 1/3 to a 1/2 hp from a boss. If thats not broken beyond belief Idk what is. RG makes all the other styles worthless. DMC 5 makes it especially broken since you don't even lose health with imperfect parries.

>using oof unironically
Yikes

>take out 1/3 to a 1/2 hp from a boss
That only happens when after you parry like 20 attacks perfectly. If you do a royal release after a single attack without charge then it doesn't deal more damage than 1 normal combo

yoof

i hate how everyone thinks parrying has to mean a high skill high risk high reward move. it fucking doesn't, and thats not what its like in real life either. in real life sword fights you parry all the time just like in sekiro.

ya thats what i was saying with the "enough hits" part. Idk man I just think thats broken. Ok I admit it took a lot of skill in DMC 3 to master RG because the time between having to input RG and enemy attacks was super slim but it seems like DMC 5 is far too lenient with it. I guess its to reel in a big audience though.

DMC 3 on DMD and using royal guard requires far more practice than Sekiro for sure.

It feels about the same. It's actually harder for me since the enemies in 3 were more humanoid and had clear attacks whereareas in 5 most attacks are really weird and you don't know when you're actually getting hit.
4 had the tightest window to input it.

hmm im pretty sure DMC 3 has a tigher window than DMC 5.

Maybe its because I only play DMC 3 on turbo mode and DMC 5 doesn't have that feature yet.

I don't know.
I can parry almost everything in 3 on turbo but 5 has really weird enemy attacks, even the dash that vergil does has weird timings.
I can't parry anything in 4.

ya 4 RG was shit. The enemy attacks were faster I think. I haven't played it in years though.

Also I can see that with 5, but still with 5 you can do blocks instead of parries and only lose DT so NO DAMAGE runs are easier for 5.

I never got headpats for bloodborne ;_; and I won't get even one for sekiro
You liar

lmao just parry a little bit before. the game gives you plenty of time even with the input delay. they designed it with the input delay in mind.

the combat

Attached: owl fight.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>The Japanese theme is boring as fuck and makes Bloodborne look like a masterpiece in comparison.

He said, before even playing the game. Step up your game butthurt anglo.

>paying money for ones and zeros
CODEX cracked it on day one.
I've been playing it all day, hard as balls despite the multiple lives mechanic.
Good game I might buy it when I get the sheckles.

Looks boring and slow desu

Good enemy, boss and level design unlike your precious DMC

I got a sticky keys prompt and one of the shiny scale carps got away thanks to that, is there a way to get the 5th scale somehow? Do they respawn, or do I have to restart my game?

Attached: 1550161733292.jpg (900x600, 95K)

Everything looks the same

Its a slow paced action game that attempts to blend samurai and ninja elements together. The combat is satisfying but simple, the stealth elements are meager but servicable. The minibosses are all trash, the actual bosses are all great. That being said also don't go in expecting it to be like Nioh or Ninja Gaiden. Its more of a weird hybrid of action and stealth, and there's a lot of compensation for both because of it.

Lastly, even though this game started development as a Tenchu game, it is NOTHING like Tenchu and should be treated as such.

what games do you like?
or are you just a seething shitter who couldn't git gud and are now crying on all the sekiro threads?

I like DMC3 on turbo and bullet hell shmups.

In DMC5? Yeah I know.

If you like Souls, Tenchu, or Onimusha there's no reason not to play it. The Japanese theme is also fantastically done.

Sekiro has the same problem

If you like REALLY earwormy music that makes you queasy after a while then this is the game for you

I've had a headache all day after playing before bed last night. The music is just REALLY bad.

No it doesn't

The game has far more in common with Souls and Onimusha than it does Tenchu.

I like the first Genichiro fight theme.

It literally does