ITT: Flops anyone can see coming

ITT: Flops anyone can see coming

Attached: 1-7-800x529.jpg (800x529, 63K)

can it still be a flop if it's never coming out

Attached: Mount_and_Blade_II_Bannerlords_604x423.jpg (604x423, 61K)

Eh, flop and vaporware are different things.

Also, OP is based.

we are coming home bro, and there is nothing you can do about it

halo collectoin

It's imposible to fuck it up, there are thousands of fags denied of their muh hardcore mmo who will play this and give every penny they have to blizzard.

Same happened with old school runescape and same will happen with every decent mmo that was turned into shit then they release a classic version.

Attached: 1551636458942.png (550x627, 98K)

but is the playerbase big enough? vanilla wow is a ridiculous time investment and MMOs are dead among zoomers

OP

Yeah, I don't expect FF14 to have a classic version, though.

XIV was a disaster on release and really came on its own around HW

just like wow with TBC

Me! I foresee that WoW Classic will crash and burn spectacularly

Attached: cat-raising-hand.jpg (383x480, 49K)

Most obvious one by far

Attached: file.png (760x443, 564K)

>just like wow with TBC

BC was the beginning of the end m8

Classic won't be a flop. Blizz have a ridiculously small team working on it, the are going to use the new and really cheap nu-WoW servers and literally millions of retards are going to pay a sub for 1-3 months. That's a lot of money for barely any effort.

Classic is going to do just fine and I can prove it.

It will survive for the same reason that countless classic servers are still alive and well, and that oldschool runescape is as popular as it is despite looking like actual dogshit. It's the community brah.

When WoW introduced an automatic way of finding teammates for a dungeon raid they took out all social interaction of finding a dungeon group. This was a legitimate part of the game, and you know I'm telling the truth because you remember back how you added your group members as friends if they did a good job so you could get through the group finding process more quickly. So you made new friends and kept raiding dungeons with them until the end game.

In the same vein, flying mounts had the effect that players were no longer running into each other in the world. The outlands always seemed much more empty because of this.

Attached: arugal.jpg (232x300, 33K)

Except... you know... unlike those 'countless servers' you will need to PAY a subscription to play vanilla retail as well as regular retail WoW

Those games do not have the playerbases blizzard is aiming to, though.
Anyway I think Classic will be successful but it's a death blow for wow. People who play Classic won't be playing retail which means either retail gets even less attention or blizzard tries any possible way to funnel players from one into the other.

OSRS is continuing to have success because the devs are making new content in line with how Runescape was made at the time. I've heard no sign that Classic will continue to have updates once Naxx 40 drops.

>oldschool runescape is as popular
Because is F2P. Do you really think Nostarius chinks and slavs are going to pay to play a 15yo MMO they can play for free?

>the playerbases blizzard is aiming to
But Blizzard know Classic is going to be small, some thousands, hence the sharding and stuff. Only retards think is going to be big with millions of players.

>not running your own classic server and playing around in it with you and your friend as a giant fucking sandbox doing whatever you damn well please
oh look onyxia is killing fools in stormwind and i just spawned hundreds of level 60 creatures how fun

Retailfag tears have sustained me so well in my wait for Classic. Endless amusement.

Classic is their big release for 2019. They need it to be big.

Depends what you think will be a flop. Will it attract millions? Maybe for the first days. On second day the playerbase has dropped by tenfolds. I'm fine with a couple thou population.

Dude, Blizz doesn't even count Classic as a "main" release. It wasn't in their list for 2019 and people had to ask in their forums if it was canceled or delayed. Again, only idiots think is going to be big.

sharding

Attached: 14421526766.png (261x200, 21K)

>vanilla wow is a ridiculous time investment and MMOs are dead among zoomers
Runescape is an even bigger time investment to get to a reasonable level and that didn't stop OSRS from getting as popular as it is now. It is literally grinding the game and even getting a single stat to 99 can easily take 40-50 hours for faster skills and 100+ hours for longer ones even with efficient play.

>Classic won't be a flop. Blizz have a ridiculously small team working on it, the are going to use the new and really cheap nu-WoW servers and literally millions of retards are going to pay a sub for 1-3 months. That's a lot of money for barely any effort.
You have to remember user no one uses the word flop correctly around here anymore.

once newblets realize they cant compete with the community that has been perfecting vanilla for over a dozen years the hype will die
you cant compete with someone who knows how to make a wormhole so a lot of content will be cut for these people and they'll start drama until blizzard has to take action
grab your popcorn, the developers have nothing on the people with spreadsheets of day 1 gold exploits

Attached: 88n707imw4501.jpg (933x749, 63K)

Jokes on you, most Classic "fans" say the are in for "le journey" and "le community feel" and they don't even plan to raid. That's also how you know they won't last a whole month.

well you run out of content if you're a powergamer in vanilla, that's just how it is, the real gameplay is to stay in the barrens for 20 hours /played fucking around and enjoying yourself
but that doesnt change the fact that people will try to play it like retail and be sorely disappointed when they have to suck literal penis to get invited to the powertripping nerd circles

Attached: eBM09Y8slQH4nBUMa5JvSdPeSKaxlfxnmNTG4Qi81hI.png (720x764, 33K)

Massive flop yeah.

>tfw I'm midway to typing like that
I can't stop it, it's just more efficient

>Learning that the optimal tank is a fury warrior because of the private server meta shifting over the years.
This is such a weird thing to see.

I want it to flop so hard so all these smooth brains stop asking for it.

WoW is trash. It's dead. You can never go back, stop trying. Kys.