Alpha Protocol is one of the best games of all time. Change my mind

Alpha Protocol is one of the best games of all time. Change my mind.
>b-but the guns don't shoot straight!
Brainlets said the same about Deus Ex.
>b-but there are bugs and the animations suck!
Meanwhile, these people praise New Vegas despite having worse bugs and animations.

The injustice of it all makes me sick.

Attached: Alpha_Protocol_cover (2).jpg (220x273, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VUydx57te9s
youtube.com/watch?v=VUydx57te9s&t=79s
ifdb.tads.org/
ifarchive.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=zJPdYuBh-sk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would I try to change your mind? As buggy as the game could be the actual branching paths the game lets you choose puts it way above the vast majority of RPG's. I've replayed it multiple times and I still learn something new each time.

Best RPG I ever played by far

Nolan North's magnum opus.

Attached: alpha protocol heck.jpg (1280x718, 85K)

I couldn't make it pass the awful hacking minigames

nah its trash lol

any game too retarded to have a tutorial is not worth a play.
I tried this one bc of Yea Forums and got bored 40 minutes into it. Didn't even reach level 1.

Remember to always shoot the mute.

But it has an extensive tutorial that's easily the worst part of the game.

The start is the tutorial you retard.
>got bored 40 minutes into it
Congratulations you didn't even finish the tutorial section of the game

>it's fine to have huge issues because other games had huge issues too
shut the fuck up op that game sucked

Attached: 1553136484629.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

Who's funnier to fuck with, Albatross or Marburg?

But I agree with you even if its not the best its in my top 5 rpgs.

Alpha Protocol is a great game and /v: will never admit that like 98% of the complaints they have for it apply to Deus Ex 1.

I remember playing this with my college dormmate. I'd already beaten it a couple times.
That time I got the Thorton Inc ending and my dormmate literally jumped out of his seat at the final scene.
Great game, but there's never a reason to not go full pistol and stealth with melee as a back up.
Literally invisible and can headshot dudes in cover halfway across the room

youtu.be/VUydx57te9s
It's hard to say. Mocking Marburg to the point that he actually stays to fight you in Rome and dies is really fun, but goading Albatross with how you killed Sis so he'll attack Alpha Protocol for the sole purpose of killing you is also really fun.

I can give you a reason. Dumping everything into martial arts and endurance, then beating the absolute fuck out of everyone with your bare hands is real good fun.

It's great. I play it once a year.

Controls are fine as long as you stick to Stealth/Pistol.

Attached: 20190227135554_1.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

What the fuck were they fucking thinking

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

TURN UP

It's atrocious

THE RADIO

>mfw pure Suave run
>literally shitposting my way through a global conspiracy
>Mina hates me
>Scarlet hates me
>Albatross hates me
>Marburg gets so eternally asshurt he tries to kill me
>Leland can't help but admire my banter levels
>kill him anyways
>mfw

I love this game

Attached: 1550666746173.jpg (228x228, 17K)

>t. brainlet
The computer hacking was one of the most satisfying and creative minigames ever implemented in a game. So was the lockpicking. The only minigame that's genuinely bad is the alarm bypass because it's the only one that becomes impossible on harder difficulties.

Attached: 1552921559591.jpg (460x442, 70K)

? It's not that a hard.

Put a few points into Tech or get the appropiate armor upgrade if you're having serious difficulties.

dude just follow the lines

Can people seriously not do this?

Is it worth playing recruit on your first playthrough so you can get veteran on your second playthrough? I’m trying to get through the game, but the recruit is such a handicap against me

Attached: 663378E7-6139-41D4-BEF2-E555977E2380.png (540x480, 204K)

>go out of your way to save Mina at the end
>she hates you so much that she'd rather die in the explosion than be saved by you
>shoot her in the head

Attached: laughing simpsons.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Nah the worst part of the game is that stealth sucks and is useless until you've nearly maxed it out which makes 90% of the game frustrating af if you aren't playing it as a shooter.

Alpha Protocol and Deus Ex are both mediocre. The difference is one of them is underrated and the other is overrated, but make no mistake, they are both painfully average.

>>Not like Wen, no sir, not like Wen at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=VUydx57te9s&t=79s

>Full aggressive playthrough
>Just act like an angry fuck who wants to go home but has to beat the shit out of the line of assholes stopping him from taking a nap

Attached: punchmyself.jpg (487x595, 39K)

>stealth sucks and is useless until you've nearly maxed it out
Dude, what? The stealth is fine at fucking zero points. The level design ensures AI patrols are easily snuck up on or bypassed and even at level 0 you have Awareness and can briefly see where every enemy is facing, even through walls. Level up just four points into it, like I did for my entire Recruit/Hard run I literally just finished last night, and you now have:
>10% enemy vision reduction, reduced further with equipment
>longer Awareness
>10 seconds of silent sprinting
>two seconds of invisibility when spotted
That's way more than what you need to do a full stealth playthrough. For instance: I got spotted in the CIA safehouse, Evasion activated and I had to think quick on my feet, so I just activated silent running and used the two seconds of invisibility to Sprint safely behind the guy who was about to spot me. Just 4 points in stealth is already OP as fuck.

Or are you one of those retards who doesn't realize this is an RPG so he wears bulky armor and is surprised when enemies can hear him sneaking up on them?

Attached: 1552920895073.jpg (403x438, 25K)

Designed for controllers

Fpbp.

Its a shame it never got a sequel.

At maxed out Stealth you can crouch 3 meters in front of a guard, right in front of his fucking face and he won't see you.

Stealth gets absolutely ridiculous about halfway through. I recommend stopping at Rank 6-7

Absolutely
Just go pistols + stealth + a bit of melee+ spare points in tech

The game barely holds together at the ending.

>b-but there are bugs and the animations suck!
>Meanwhile, these people praise New Vegas despite having worse bugs and animations.

New Vegas at least lets you complete the game without a trainer.
Alpha Protocol was completely unplayable at launch. Several times I had to use a trainer to either stop the timer in hacking minigames because the pointer was still calibrated for an xbox controller and it was physically impossible to move it across the minigame within the time limit, or had to force a level skip because the actors didn't load.
Fucking hell the helicopter for the last boss fight didn't even load. I strolled casually through the level while everyone was shitting their pants over the radio about nothing.

Name your top 3 best RPGs.

I've played this game through 3 times and while I loved it I don't think I ever used guns

Why the fuck did they not just use WASD+arrows

You should try the Shotgun. It has an ability that just blows people off their feet. I'd pop it, knock everyone down, then sprint up and K.O. them with mad stomps

Alpha Protocol is a game where I go back and forth on it either being the worst great game I've ever played or the best bad game I've ever played. It's so janky and rough, but it's also infinitely endearing with its actual freedom of player expression in the story.

Does anyone know of any games like Alpha Protocol, but without the gameplay parts? A game where I can make choices that matter, operate in the shadows, orchestrate the downfall of powerful enemies and make equally powerful allies, but without having to run around and wait two seconds for the pistol's reticle to focus on the heads of random dudes. Don't care about the graphics, I'd play a text-based game if you give me a suggestion.

That said, I actually don't mind Alpha Protocol's gameplay. It's a bit basic, but bearable and even fun at times if you don't completely mismanage your points. Even the hacking minigame, which everyone here seems to consider a torture, was and still is okay with me.

Attached: 1513312805599.png (720x535, 502K)

Look into the genre of interactive fiction. It's all text based games, most of which are more CYOA than text adventure. I'm sure you could find a spy story if you dig. ifdb.tads.org/ ifarchive.org/

early in the game, pick the "Recruit" dialogue as often as possible and you're gonna get the perks that give you ~8 AP

Imagine if there was ever a single good VN released

Veteran feels a bit dumb and OP. Recruit is fun though.

>mfw finished my no kills run

Orphans created: 0

Attached: 1435841861079.jpg (400x388, 70K)

how much in medical bills?

Maybe give Obsidian's "Tyranny" a try, it has politics, intrigues and an unholy amount of choices, it even locks you out of entire regions depending on which faction you side with and which missions you choose. Gameplay wise it's typical isometric WRPG fluff.

I tried to get into that game but holy fuck was I bored, after playing divinity os the combat in tyranny felt shitty

Bump

i fucking loved me some alpha protocol, i can never seem to stop myself from romancing mina

>y-you too...

Attached: alpha-protocol-080.jpg (1364x768, 101K)

Can I fuck her up the ass at least?

Scarlet = best girl

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can kill her afterwards as well.

The branching story doesn't counterbalance the garbage gameplay.
Fuck you for wasting my time with this shit Yea Forums. Worst fucking shotgun I ever saw in a video game.

You can but why you'd do that is beyond me

Probably because she's a fucking mole.

>>Totally blowing her off when you first meet her on the play after Saudi.
Will never not be amusing to me.

Did Scarlet sit next to Mike on the plane on purpose or was it just a coincidence?

Attached: [smash glass].webm (674x380, 2.9M)

>no sequel where you get a G22-funded secret base and start an international crime fighting spy group with Mina, Heck, Scarlet, and SIE

Attached: 1429048891703.png (285x274, 48K)

>Get get raped by that one German girl

Attached: 1511665772816.png (347x436, 144K)

forgive me I am Russia
what I meant was "any game that's so retarded it has a tutorial level instead of teaching the game mechanics progressively while going through it is not worth a play"

Leland is such a great villain in the way the game makes you hate him. He's irredeemably evil. Makes no speeches about muh greater good, he just wants more money and doesn't care who he hurts to get it. And he's so fucking unbearably smug it makes you want to punch his stupid face in.

Attached: APGame18.jpg (1728x1080, 115K)

>bang Mina
>choose SIE for final mission
>agree to let SIE rape me
>rescue Mina later in the mission
>she asks why Mike has scratch marks on his back

Attached: 1358035154853.jpg (171x165, 15K)

What did Obsidian mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-213603.png (1280x720, 394K)

>what I meant was "any game that's so retarded it has a tutorial level instead of teaching the game mechanics progressively while going through it is not worth a play"
You've just described Half-Life 1.

HL1 has a "boot camp" but you can actually go through most of the game without even looking at it. The only useful thing you learn at boot camp that you DON'T learn just by playing is the long jump.

What mechanics in Alpha Protocol require a tutorial, you little fucking zoomer? The self-explanatory shooting? The self-explanatory stealth? The self-explanatory gadgets and skills? It's not a hard game, you're just bad.

History wise it makes them most sense so nah

that's the worst thing of it all, mechanics aren't nearly complicated enough for the need of a tutotial level but what do you know, the fucken thing is mandatory.
I was so done with the game when I finished that damn tutorial.

did you even read the post you replied to?

>the tutorial is mandatory
You are literally explicitly told you have the option of turning around and skipping orientation. Dumb little zoomers don't pay attention and then blame the game for their low IQ and nonexistent attention span. Take your Ritalin, zoomie.

Attached: 1552921861674.png (600x656, 75K)

you have to at least do the basic one before they let you move on.

The one that introduces you to mechanics progressively as you encounter them and is exactly what you were asking for? That one?

Attached: 1552922436911.jpg (474x379, 20K)

>he think people with power don't manipulate elections
oh, sweety...

Okay. So Starcraft is a bad game too, then? But it's an RTS so it doesn't qualify, right. How about KotORs? System Shock 2?

Of course they do, but what does them being white have to do with it? Rich, sure, but why white?

at this point I just want to keep replying to you so I see how many braindead wojak pics you got

you pick up starcraft in 5 minutes, but the other 2 yeah, they suck.

>you pick up starcraft in 5 minutes
I don't think it is physically possible to finish the first mission in the Terran campaign in 5 minutes, even if it's real-time minutes and the game is on the highest speed setting.

>games should introduces mechanics progressively
This one does.
>the tutorial isn't skippable
It is, you just didn't pay attention.

Attached: 1531190029336.png (1462x2046, 442K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zJPdYuBh-sk
4 minutes 30 seconds
after my OCD forced me to play the bootcamp to exhaustion I was well, exhausted so I didn't continue. Hell you convinced me nigga, I have the game installed after all these years and I'm gonna pick it up just for you.
hit me with another braindead wojak please

>hit me with another braindead wojak please
Nah, because you've finally made your first smart post in the thread. Have fun, bro.

Mina a CUTE