Sekiro Help Thread

Sekiro Help Thread

I'm the OP from the last Help thread. My issue was the 1/2second input lag. An user posted this:

>I have the same hardware and controller. I just turned the resolution down from 1440p to 1080 and all my performance-related issues went away. This game doesn't exactly look stunning at higher resolutions so I'll welcome the solid framerate.

user, where are you? I just opened Sekiro and I don't see any graphics option in the game to change the resolution. I DO see I can change the aspect ratio/screen size, but not anything from 1440p to 1080. How did you do this?

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyCredulousPlumKreygasm
youtube.com/watch?v=ymEa_yYNrxg
youtube.com/watch?v=Zr773r22BtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nG3RTuzBXxs
youtu.be/vMHnB7PtNxs
youtu.be/tWk-MERYHTk
pastebin.com/0giEkeAX
youtube.com/watch?v=FCP2kz4dYc8
my.mixtape.moe/xeatkx.wav
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

game defaults to 4k watch out

tbf most cards can handle it and the downsample is nutty

I'm so bad at this game. I'm completely stuck at Lady butterfly and some other bosses. I feel like the game is aimed at ninja gaiden players gifted with lightning fast reflexes. I'm not having fun getting stuck 2 hours at a boss and having to farm emblem in between.

Too bad the game is not for me. The level design and lore are S tier though.

Is the game supposed to be a little blurry? I turned off anti-aliasing and dof but everything is still blurry. It looks awful.

I'm in the main hall of the temple with all those evil monks. Where do I go now, or is this the end of the "level"? I went to the right into a cave and found a 4 story building with a scroll for temple skills, but that's all I've found. Is that it for this area?

Lady Butterfingers is very cheese-able.

Just hit twice, dodge right, hit twice, dodge right. Dodges and blocks work perfectly well against her, so deflection is great but not necessary.
Shuriken if she jumps in the air, Flashbang if her illusions are getting a bit close for comfort.
She always spawns in the same place in front of the statue so just mash her face in and she'll often get stuck trying to cast her naruto bullshit for some free hits.

Maybe you shouldn't cheese her, some people might say, but considering killing her gets you an Attack Upgrade that makes everything else more bearable, then i'd just do it.

best way to beat straw hat spin-to-win dudes?

Attached: spin2win.png (701x667, 735K)

Does killing Demon of Anger end the game?

>mfw cheesing 7 spears fucker

Eat shit faggot, not dealing with you today

how are ledges so powerful

Attached: 1508336031492.png (510x524, 222K)

Fuck the Ape

mid air death blow when they jump

I thought I was the only one with performance issues. the game runs like molasses at the native resolution but if I turn it down it actually becomes playable. I thought it was just my shitty card or something or drivers being out of date. I have no idea

bump

bmup

>defeat monkey, seemed pretty easy
>comes back to life headless
Jesus fucking christ

why does it look like jinsuke is hurting my health through the deflect? am i getting hit? am i an idiot

user, souls 3 was very difficult for me. Bloodborne was very tough to get a hold of and I am on like the 3rd level of the first ninja garden.
Sekiro is hard but it's not that hard
I am by no means great at games nor are my reflexes topnotch.
You just gotta get into it man, I believe in you.
I'm currently in the dungeon doing alright.

Welp. This is a first for me. I preprdered Sekiro several months ago. Have been patiently, but eagerly, waiting release. And now, only days after release, I'm still not playing it. The input lag has held me up at the first area since Friday. I have tried to work around it, but I need my controller to work properly.

As I stated in my OP threads ago, this issue is only on Sekiro. 357 other Steam games, all work. Tried DS1, DS3, and even Nioh today - all work, no inout lag. I've tried every setting imaginable, both on Sekiro itself and the nVidia CTRL PNL - still have input lag. Been reading forums and threads and message boards since Friday, as well as posting several times on 4ch - nothing is working. And the ONE user who gave a "yeah same setup, had the same problem, this was my fix" is nowhere to be found - I tried to do what they suggested, but came up nil on HOW to do it.

So. I'm putting Sekiro down for now. Days? Weeks? Months? Who knows. I really want to play this, but I just cannot deal with this 1/2 to 2/3 second input lag. I'm putting this down until a patch/fix is dropped and this isn't an issue. Guess I'll go back through Nioh again, why not.

Attached: oh8dDM7.webm (480x480, 790K)

oh fug that's me lol, you didn't see my reply? It's right here, from the main menu / title screen.. Maybe you thought the pause menu settings are all the same.
Based fucking xbone controller, don't tell anyone but it's so much nicer than my DS4
Nah, it defaults to your monitor's resolution. I guess yours is 4k.

Attached: 20190324205025_1.jpg (1920x1080, 507K)

Anyone else having an issue where the cutscenes freeze for like half a second before a transition? It's really irritating.

I'm probably dumb user, but in your original reply you said you went from 1440p to 1080p. All I see is XXXX x XXXX resolution changes, not a "p" option. I did try changing the settings but no change to my input lag. Suggestions?

Managed to defeat the monkey, that second phase was pretty fucking hard

1080p is 1920x1080. It's shorthand, when referring to resolutions you usually only say the width.

So you're on 2560x1440 and should change to 1920x1080.

When do I get to unlock the door leading to the flower field where Sekiro loses his arm? I scoured Ashina and a handful of other areas

He’s probably my favorie boss so far even though he’s kicking my ass right now. Some day

Just parry the moves, faggot.

alright well, those are pretty well accepted shorthand for those resolutions. after reading your posts, I don't know what to suggest. I feel your pain and I'm sorry I led you on, like a cute girl who was just being nice and just isn't into you.

Uhh, maybe verify integrity of the game files, lol. Turn off the adaptive framerate or whatever the fuck it's called? Use your controller wired, or even a different one? do you get the lag with KB/M?

>Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe
What the fuck is this name? I don’t get it. There’s a second one named Long-Arm Sensuun or something later on. Is the first guy’s name literally just Centipede Giraffe?
Also I loved the Armored Warrior miniboss. The first thing he says is pretty fucking hamfisted but
>that deathcry
>Read the relevant prosthetic tool’s description waaay before fighting him and remembered his deal

Anything else left in the Depths after beating Corrupted Monk? I have the stone and mortal sword now. Is the Ape the only thing left?

I'm getting tired of these tank fights where they take slivers of damage but yet I need to get it down to do a posture break. Corrupted Monk can fuck off. Came right off of O'Rin to this asshole.

>from 1440p to 1080p. All I see is XXXX x XXXX resolution changes
Oh, how cute you are user~

Attached: 1523788574939.jpg (858x1200, 128K)

is there any reason NOT to resurrect every time you die?

Yeah kill the Ape I think. How’d you get the stone? I threw myself off the cliff in the resevoir area 5 times. And the well where we started is flooded so Im lost

a couple questions, pretty early in the game, i've made it too lady butterfly in the memory or whatever and just killed the chained ogre. Is lady butterfly and the whole area "optional"? And I died enough to where i guess the wounded guy near his mother and the merchant thief are both sick with that disease, will i get a chance to cure them like when it first happend to the sculptor and crazy old lady?

In the back of the well there's a grapple spot. Did you kill the purple guy?

None at all. Prevents you-know-what if you can survive by running or killing the guy.

>Giraffe

It's kirin. Prolly mistranslated.

without spoiling too much does the part of his head that looks like someone threw flour on him increase a lot if you keep dying? i feel like ive died an awful lot and the prosthetic guy is getting sicker but the white stuff doesnt look any bigger from before?

I'm pretty sure Lady Butterfly is optional since it only gives you an extra revive, and even that you can't have access to until later in the game. If you find or buy a Dragon Blood Droplet and use it at an idol, you can cure all characters with rot. Rot will never kill them, just lower your Unseen Aid chance and halts their sidequest if they have one.

going for a comfy walk UwU
damn it feels good to walk my wife

Attached: 20190325003608_1.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyCredulousPlumKreygasm

lmao

Not sure about the memory. It may be required for one of the endings.
You can cure everything in one shot with an item that costs like 150sen. The merchant next to the horserider boss sells them. You do need to get the blood sample from one of the victims and give it to Emma, then later on she will give you an item that unlocks the feature.

any way to get ds4 controller working if you aren't playing through steam? I've tried every fucking "fix" I can find and none of them work

It means you missed the timing so you took damage.

>Using inferior weeb katana.

Attached: 5-1553309529-331338348.png (1920x1080, 3.97M)

Okay this fucking startled me
At the Dilapidated Shrine, did anyone else see a red-clad ninja with his head cut in-half standing by where Hanbei used to be, then disappear into a cloud of bloodsmoke??
I don’t know if this is a boss, or if I messed up bad. Most of my characters have dragonrot and I used almost all my cures

You have to click the "hide DS4 setting" checkbox. As in make it hidden. I've heard that works.

Learned something new!

And I guess I'd have to play fullscreen...?

AS I BREATHEEEEEEEEE

nani?

Am i done with the hirata estate once beat butterfly bitch?

based. fuck that guy

Attached: EZ.png (1920x1080, 3.54M)

>Genichiro has the same voice as one of those 2 gay fags in the last 2 episodes of jojo anime

Attached: btfo.webm (994x560, 2.87M)

just before the door you open with the gun lodge key, where you fight the centipede thing you can crawl under the floorboards and return to the bonfire or if you go another way it's blocked but there's stuff behind it and noises..

what is the purpose of this area? if you want to return to the bonfire you can just run up the stairs..

I heard that nightjar slash can stunlock her, but I haven't gotten that far yet myself.

I fucking knew I recognized it. Is it the same guy or just similar?

he's not hard. what are your stats? I was 15/5 when I fought him with 6 heals. Also fire crackers for the first phase.

He has a two hit combo, you have to parry both to avoid damage, you can't block the second hit.

Attached: tfw missed the deathblow.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Any tips for the last boss?
I can deal with genichiro and the first phase fine, but as soon as that spear comes out it all goes to shit, especially on the last phase

How do I progress past the main hall in Senpou temple? The monk won't talk to me and I found the martial arts book. I got the droplet out of the statue's hands too

Anyone on New Game plus? Is it easier the second time throygh5

Just parry him lm@
Last chunk of HP is the easiest imo. Lightening stuns him for ever.

>centipede

L1 L1 L1 L1 L 1
L1 L1 L1 L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L1L

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST FIGHT

Did you fight Genichiro in the castle yet? That's the mistake I made, you can't progress further in that direction until you fight Genichiro.

Did Sekiro install do some weird nvidia shit for anyone else?? It's like Sekiro went into my Nvidia Control Panel and reset a bunch of shit. My gamma was waaay up, broghtness too, etc - my display settings for super bright. Took like 20min+ of fucking around with various bars to get shit back to where I've had it set for YEARS. WTF, Sekiro!!??

Yeah, I've killed him. Spoke to Isshin too

Easier for sure. Though some of the later enemies ive fought do seem to have a lot more HP. Headless have at least twice as much health. I think the health based bosses will be much harder.
Parry bosses should be the exact same though.

Why did they have to tie your posture regen to your fucking health? I love being low health with no healing. Mind as well just kill myself at that point because posture regen is like fucking molasses.

Demon of Hatred is a poorly design boss fight.

The entire game punishes you for not playing the way the MIYAZAKI wants you to play (ie: abusing parry and ignoring dodge/jump unless thrust/sweep come into play. )

Only THEN to introduce a boss late in the game (Demon of Hatred, Shura) who functions like a souls boss and punishes you for parrying, forcing you to iframe roll his attacks.

Bad game design.
Did Miyazaki forget what game he was making? Fire Manus doesnt fit in Sekiro (mechanically)

Easy boss, but what the fuck Miyazaki??

Best place to farm sen/gold? I can't aford any weapon upgrades

I KNOW this fucker is incredibly easy but it still took me way more tries than I'd like to admit to get the timing right.

>easy tell to his attack
>double parry
>jump over sweep if he does it and press jump again for massive posture break
God damn you, you fuck.

It's a mod.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.24 - 20.57.48.49.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

>Sword Saint

Is he the worst final boss in Souls history?

Attached: 1459121274087.jpg (923x687, 96K)

What castle

like lmao just stand under him and hit him, he cant do anything to you

What to do against flaming bull?and more importantly how to get good at parrying?been mostly cheesing my way through but id really like to get it my timing is what seems to be off,any general tips bros?

Attached: 1553226313835.jpg (500x688, 35K)

There should be a path way near the back of the temple.
Id take a picture but im not there yet on ng

It's probably the same guy

>kino git gud bosses
Genichiro
Owl
Corrupted monk
Lady butterfly
>Kills your patience
Ape
>Absolutely annoying
Snake eyes
Purple ninjas

Is there really a twist in this game? Last thread some user told me that there is, but I'm at the Owl dude boss fight and so far this game is just medieval Japanese stuff with a little bit of spooky folklore.
When are the aliens showing up? What the fuck was the mist sage?

Unironically my favorite encounter in the game.
>Enter a small claustrophobic room
>Hear snipping and sharpening
>Stare down the goofiest motherfucker
>Parry like a madman
Second phase
>Parry like a madman
>but now, with jumping!
Should have been a full-fledged boss. Reminded me of Demon Souls. His gimmick is simple, but it means you have to master fighting him instead of bulldozing through

save yourself the trouble and just cheat engine in 9999999 gold

Literally just killed that asshat. I kept fucking dying and I couldn't figure out what to do about his pattern but I realized that each of his swipes can be parried for posture damage.
Just mashed L1 and jumped when he did his sweep and killed him. Only pressed R1 twice to do the finishers

Are you retarded?Bloodborne had aliens because or lovecraft.No aliens in jap folklore

No shit, hes just an annoying damage sponge that has no enjoyment in fighting. Hes not difficult, just annoying.
I want more bosses like Butterfly/Owl/Genichiro
If i wanted souls bosses id play souls

Im still stuck with this dumb ass 20 fps glitch. Tried fucking everything, no extra monitors, did the nvidia control panel shit, turned off boost on the processor.

Anyone else fix this a different way?

FUCK seven spears even with the stealth shot

Attached: 20190323115547_1.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

After owl actually. Not aliens though. Im not sure what the glowy people are though. Probably some fish/dragon human hybrid or something.

How do I upgrade de Gourd now that Emma is at the castle?

i heard you can get another esoteric text if you master a skill tree.
i learned the cross skill at the end of asahina texts, where would i go to find the last text?

Ashina Castle. Head up onto the roof.

Just fucking dodge, don't bother doing the michiro thing

>What to do against flaming bull?
Go hard offensive and keep your block up. Spam the firecrackers and mash R1. Also have dousing shit on hand because of the fire. You really just gotta keep the pressure on
>how to get good at parrying
Well you could always talk to the undead guy at the shrine for training but really it's all about just learning each enemy's individual moves and figuring out how to counter or dodge. Just fight each of them until you get it down. It's a From game so it all essentially boils down to trial and error

Go to the castle?

So I found this, but talking to Emma doesn't give me any information.

Did I miss something?

Attached: 814380_20190324210341_1.jpg (1920x1080, 802K)

i'm not i just can't figure out his fucking attach patterns

Him running into you doesn't hurt you, just his actual charge attacks, I just ran behind him a lot and swiped at his ass, then used firecrackers here and there, his his head, boom bam boom dead.

i'm at fhp and asahina has been invaded already by the way.

Does Emma keep going back to Isshin?I hear you get a bell by eavesdropping on them but i only found her with him once

Talk to the guy that the kid wants you to talk to. Then you can upgrade it again.

Juuzou the Dicknigger and his harem of faggots keep raping me in the dick. The only way to kill even one of them before getting spotted is to sneak in through the side in a very specific way, and then that causes them to all go on alert and go into full-on gang-rape mode. Everyone's getting dickrot now because of this bullshit, what a load of shit.

Attached: 1553365529601.jpg (685x842, 69K)

Do you know what idol? I've explored it all I think. I have like 4 or 5 idols unlocked.

She just talks about Isshin, there is no option to upgrade the gourd

one hit with the axe staggers him for like 10 seconds every time it's retarded

did first part with no hits and then the second part TERROR'd me before I could get him anywhere near a deathblow
any tips on part 2?

Already killed her. I actually went through the whole area before fighting her. Killed the Giraffe already
Which start? the Reservoir or outskirts?

I'm a bit lost right now. I just killed centipede guy and the next room has a locked door that idk how to open. I went under the floor to a dark area and got a free prayer bead just chilling on the ground but I don't see anywhere else to go down here? is this dark area a dead end? do I have to open the door?

Is there anything more satisfying than a mikiri counter?

I don't even know why I'm making webms.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.24 - 21.01.32.50.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>souls
>starts easy, progressively gets harder

>sekiro
>starts extremely hard, then progressively gets easier

What do you guys prefer?

you gotta go guerilla. sneak in the left house and kill the two mobs there, then backstab a shieldguy and maybe try to pick a few more off.
if you can't, hide under the house to the left, they'll deaggro after a while. after you kill everyone, talk to the npc and stunlock juzou together.

hmm i duno maybe you should CHECK THE AREA MENTIONED IN THE LETTER?

if you count the owl, the demon, and the final boss plus the enfeeble meme easier than bless your heart

Get used to the animation before he holds the head up for roar. Run the fuck away whenever you see it. Other than that its much easier than p1.

>perhaps Emma knows his current whereabouts
I was more intrigued by that.

Corrupted monk is just a more complex owl and genichiro right.it's the ultimate pleb filter

youtube.com/watch?v=ymEa_yYNrxg

How did i do with geni

Attached: 1551898732626.jpg (300x698, 124K)

Am i the only one who had trouble with the fat bandit? I went straight to hina castle as soon i could, and that asshat was literally 1~2 shotting me. Doesn't help the npc helper instantly dies, so it is like 10 versus me

Does the memory area end at the butterfly?

He's a really fun miniboss, because it's over in a fucking instant one way or another.

They're great. But honestly, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by defensive options. There's dodges, mikiri counters, jump kicks, parries, blocks and just interrupting attacks before they go out.

It's still a normal idol, it went out because an enemy is nearby, probably one of those bugs

part one was a cakewalk, no idea why people complain about it. thanks for the tip, I was really peeved about dying to an AOE when I was doing everything else perfectly

just fucking kill them. sneak kill the shield fag, sprint to the bow nigger and then kite the sword bitches around until they're all dead it's not hard. once you're 1 on 1 with the boss just oil -> flame hand for free hits and he's ezpz.

Is there a better way to fight Corrupted Monk in the woods? This is the most tedious fucking bullshit. His posture regen is fast and I'm barely denting his health bar. Noticed snap seeds worked kind of but I ran out. Confetti seems to help a bit but it just feels like a huge fucking waste because more often than naught he won't give me enough opportunities to hit him to really take advantage of it before it wears off. Buffs in this game are too fucking short.

first one ofcourse

Just leveled up for the first time. Should I get Whirlwind Slash right away or save up for Mikiri Counter?

purple ninjas are fine after you learn you can makiri counter their kicks, fuck snake eyes through

honestly just get used to parrying his moves and learning the tells for when he's going to thrust at you for the counter.

last phase lightning throwback fucks him up

I GOT LADY BUTTERFUCK TO 99% PARRY RANGE AND I GOT GREEDY AND SHE SHURIKEND MT FUCKING FACE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I figured out you can use the fish bait on the giant carp before you kill him, but what do you use the snake heart on? There's so many key items in this game that i have no idea what they actually do.

worst? more like best.

Why does the game turn into utter shit with Hatred Demon and Sword Saint? I was enjoying it immensely up until the final stretch.

Attached: 1476638935806.png (728x742, 607K)

If you parry everything he pretty quickly builds up the posture meter. Just parry it all, land a bit of poke damage when you can and he should die pretty quickly.

because you are supposed to go there before going to the boss aparently, reload the area to make him apear.

Mikiri counter

> area
retard

why is he the worst? he's unironically my favorite boss in souls.

miles better than Gwyn, the Moonlight Presence and the final boss of DS2

Attached: Bodhisattva Valley.jpg (506x221, 27K)

fUCK THE GIRAFFE GUY

so good

Attached: mikiri counter.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

I do not think i found the free prayer bead and I searched that whole area

Also where do I find corrupt monk

Where is the key to the gate guarded by the centipede guy?

How do I beat headless? I thought mortal blade would wreck its shit but it just does normal damage.

I think you get it after the boss in Ashina Castle

the twist is that you are the blacksmith from the future

I beat that dude with the iron umbrella thing, two deflects with that filled his posture

get divine confetti. either grind it or wait until you can buy it in shops, takes about two each headless.

divine confetti

where do I get the spear prosthetic??

Kek.I can only imagine how much easier bloodborne feels now.gonna replay it just for giggles

>uneven arena
>flowers blocking boss's animations so you can't see what he's doing half of the time
>spear phase
>trivial faggot blocking you everytime from even attempting the actual boss

Attached: 123121.jpg (667x720, 38K)

Will probably feel like you're playing at snail's pace.

Can't even imagine going back to dark souls

what's wrong with sword saint?

lady butterfly is easy to cheese with a flip special

Alright, so I've fought lightning fucker at the top of the castle, gotten both serpent fruits, and killed the monkey, plus given the one girl the letter about becoming the cradle. I've also given Kuro the rice from the girl. But he hasn't given me rice to give to the girl back. He did give me a riceball though. It was tasty.

Did I miss out on more riceball stuff? Should I give the girl the serpent fruits?

Attached: 1541240341494.jpg (675x900, 87K)

how can i tell when i guarded vs deflect. Is the noise different?

The stealth in this game is so fucking fun, I don't know what it is but it's just exciting. With that said how the hell do I clear all the enemies at Drunkard's arena because literally nothing works and if I take my time being slow and stealthy I'll have to repeat once I die

Lads, anyone find or know any good money farming spots?

Ashina Castle Gate is an area you go to in the game, its specifically mentioned in the letter.

>thinkingface

Do you get some more mobility later in the game or am I just missing something with all these grappling spots that seem to lead to nowhere?

I used confetti but I still move too slow to dodge and deflecting still builds terror?

Are you fucking faggots pretending or something? How can you be stuck on her? The game LITERALLY tells you how to beat her (spam dodge attack to her sides).

I kept seeing her pop up in every thread and when I finally got to her, I smashed her in 1 try. I'm actually worried that the rest of the game is gonna be piss easy if this is what you faggots consider hard.

Attached: 20190324233339_1.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

I just sold out Kumano to the sketchy doctor. All I got was fat. I fucked up bad didn't I.

>>uneven arena
theres a small hill but it never got in the way of my attacks
>>flowers blocking boss's animations so you can't see what he's doing half of the time
the only time it really blocked his animation was when the white of his katana flash blended in with the white flowers
>spear phase
what about it
>>trivial faggot blocking you everytime from even attempting the actual boss
he dies in like 15 seconds

i think you spammed r1 a bit too much for my liking. you missed the perfect parry timing on quite a few of his strikes, but so long as you beat him i suppose.

Confetti, go ham on him to dispel the slowing mist as quickly as possible. I would think that the Phoenix's Lilac Umbrella upgrade that blocks damage from apparitions would also work well (at least, it completely trivializes the magic-using apparition bosses).

bead is under the floor boards, there's an area that's all dark and lots of lizards just explore down there

noise is different and orange glow

I remember that only Cursed Defiled bosses + Laurence and Orphan gave me trouble last timeI played through. Now we have a game where every other boss is Orphan of Kos, except you can actually fight back kek

How do I beat that headless fat fuck in the cave? I just get perma slowed and terror'd. Do I need an item?

Is it me or is R1 slow as shit

Do the fishes in Hirata respawn or you have to hunt for them in the area? Going around is a pain so I kinda want to farm them around the jar merchant dude.

Deflecting doesn't build terror if you're actually deflecting and not just blocking. You have to play very aggressively to stagger them out of the mists.

You get the ability to swim. If a grappling spot appears to go nowhere, look around for ledges to drop to.

is anyone actually having fun playing this game? I'm just trying to beat it but i've had no actual fun so far. It's just so tiresome.

Is there any extra area from the path with the midget that sells you an arm part or is it purely so you can see that you're on the other side of the broken bridge?

CLANG CLANG CLANG
CLANG CLANG CLANG
**ding!**

I had the guy in blue charge in so I went after him and cleared the trash and one shot the drunkard with 10% hp left. Pretty sure you can sneak in from the left side to take out one trash and then run away and wait until they give up on chasing you to repeat

Different noise, you'll see a spark, and your posture won't take a bit hit if you deflect.

probably not that fucker attacked me on sight because I think i progressed too far before actually talking to him

If you mean the one in the Gun Fort, you'll get the key to that door by proceeding further through the story.

It's pretty fun stealthing around and killing everyone in an area one by one

Does the final boss just kick you out of your playthrough if you beat it? I'm at him, but there's a bunch of other stuff I want to do first. I think there's something up with the Sculptor, plus I need to get points to fill out the Ashina style.

Attached: 1544631844214.jpg (455x390, 82K)

just jump around easy way to abuse the slow

What the strategy to kill the two apes near the poison pools? The guardian ape was honestly not too hard, he just had a lot of hp. These two have pretty squishy but both at the same time is nonsense since I can't fucking attack one without getting destroyed by the other. Which ape should I focus on? From my first fight it seemed like the brown ape always kept his distance while I was fighting the other and only attacked when the sword ape fell on the ground.

just unlocked a huge part of the map called "misen temple" which was the reward for finding all the carp scales and getting the pot dude to be sold out two times. miyazaki is a madman.

>going through ashina rooftops
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH FLYING

Jesus christ

Attached: 1344376167680.jpg (420x329, 30K)

I heard something about the captive trader in the castle, is that the same guy who gives you the info about smoke signals?
Also, what are the kites for? Or are they just decoration?

Attached: vagabond12.jpg (1400x942, 599K)

The game gives you bad advice, the best way to till butterflaps is deflections and wailing on her

I beat him and it gave me the option of starting NG+ immediately or going back to the Temple shrine where I could start NG+ at any bonfire whenever I wanted.

that said the Sculptor vanished for me when I beat the dragon boss so I don't know how you still have him. Maybe I fucked up.

Where is that carp dude? It's 32 scales as well right

Just jump to one side my dude. The game has iframes and I've manage to avoid most attacks by simply jumping at the right time.

Attached: Ashina Castle Rooftops.gif (400x225, 2.97M)

That is the only somewhat fun part though right? Cheesing an encounter and making the enemy eat your shit. It seems like everyone is just playing for bragging rights.

In NG+ what does getting rid of Kuro's charm do?

Attached: 1531586329793.jpg (700x368, 52K)

no revives

Blazing Bull can eat a bag of dicks

So I got the fireworks for the horse boss ? How do I spook it

Threw it and shit happen

actually?

What do I say? what happens with each decisions?

Attached: hh7d.jpg (1103x711, 237K)

throw it closer

Gun Fort

How far are you into the game?

He’ll walk slowly towards you if you (Sekiro’s model) isn’t looking directly at him. If you make eye contact he’ll leave. Also cure your shit already.

Lots of stuff to be answered.
Before going to the final boss
>Is there anything about the 2 snake hearts?
>What about the armored warrior's son?
>Same delivery/dialogues
>The rice girl and the rice granny
>Gave white pinwheel to kotaro,what do i do with the red and white pinwheel?
>What is the monk in the illusion world doing

lure him and get some omega 3 fatty acids

firework brown ape like four times and her posture breaks

It's dark souls with fun trash clearing

hey how do i get to the "guardian ape's burrow" from ashina depths?

explain? the gun people outside? they're a bitch to fight

I beat it this morning and it has my favorite boss fights in the series, ranking among top favorites ever. It's so satisfying and fun once you get their moves down and can deflect/counter them all.

So i'm at the final boss, which i assume is the point of no return that will throw me back into NG+ after i beat it. What are some cool secrets i might have missed that i can go check out before beating the game?

no one has fun playing video games anymore my dude

In mine he's just dead in water mill in the ashina depths,never got a chance at telling where to go

he's gone, but the branch leading to the outskirts is on fire and smoldering.

>watching DSP rage quit Lady Butterfly

Oh boy, this is gonna be a good one.

Attached: 1420926857327.png (600x600, 267K)

No idea
No idea
?
Rice grannies just give tips how to get snake hearts
Red/Black pinwheel gives Kotaro option to join merchant and protect him during final battle/sent to doctor
Just a guy to tell you how monkey boss works

Firecrackers

Don’t offer them all, say no once then say yes for a markdown- 25 instead

Part one was easier for me. In the second there's much less breathing room and the firecrackers don't even work.

Sake deliveries*

>point of no return that will throw me back into NG+ after i beat it.
It doesn't. You get the option of going back to the temple in your current game or starting NG+ immediately.

Not if you teleport to the idol past the fort. You can backstab all of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zr773r22BtQ

I just made it to the temple with the monks
Minus the fun boss fights
I sadly actually think that is the case. They just use them to fill a hole in their lives.

Anyone?

Attached: 1526035448969.jpg (900x900, 239K)

EMMA COULD USE THIS FUCKING SHORTCUT THE ENTIRE TIME

Attached: first 10 hours of sekiro.jpg (2196x1708, 149K)

Sake deliveries/dialogues

The pot noble at Hirata? What exactly did you do? I ended up feeding the Great Carp the dude from Foutainhead's truly precious bait and he turned into the Great Carp.

>Illusion monkeys boss battle
Less fun Micolash fight. I still liked it though, it was a nice change of pace.

youtube.com/watch?v=nG3RTuzBXxs

i fucking love DSP

Since you've beaten it how hard are the bosses after Ape, I just beat him and wondering how the rest of the main storyline bosses stack up.

>>Is there anything about the 2 snake hearts?
for an alternate ending
>>What about the armored warrior's son?
its loosely explained in written lore, iirc
>>Same delivery/dialogues
>>The rice girl and the rice granny
why give old scrawny almost dead cunt some rice when you can eat it!
>>Gave white pinwheel to kotaro,what do i do with the red and white pinwheel?
alternate questlines for that npc. most npcs get 2 different ways their quests can go, neither really holds more significance over the other
>>What is the monk in the illusion world doing
chillin, now get out!

>>Is there anything about the 2 snake hearts?
They're a requirement for the best ending. You need to give the hearts to the rice loli if i'm not mistaken

you dodge and attack to widdle her health down and subsequently decrease her pose. Then go for more direct method or keep repeating dodge and attack until dead. You will dodge the vast majority of her stuff by just contently spamming dodge to the right or w.e and then just single attack and repeat. that's all there is too it.

whats reward for finishing doujun quest line after diving underwater to reach him?

neat

Sounds like you just don't enjoy this genre of game.

Is anyone else having the issue that the game won't allow you to learn the Senpou Skills? I found the text but they aren't showing up on the Acquire Skills page. Any ideas? (PS4 by the way)

>sake delivery/dialogues
is just exposition, more lore

the shortcut makes no sense. Reminds me of DaS2. How the fuck is the top floor of the castle connected to the ground? How far is the castle, anyway?

Just finished Sekiro, ask me anything

I mean the sake thing
And how do you trigger the two hearts ending

bump

Attached: vagabond-3152783.jpg (800x1164, 318K)

nope

Is it even worth going for the tier 4 skills ? I don't have the info on them except the far left one (stab + vault), but by the icon they're all combat. Passives seems way better to me, at least for the moment as i'm not yet swimming in skill points.

Rice loli doesn't accept them,only gives rice

Do you fap to traps?

I am looking now but i cant find it. I just have a tunnel that forks into two dead ends

Can you give the Monkey Booze to anyone besides Emma? Granted her reaction was oddly funny

yeah, it's literally ninja magic.

youtu.be/vMHnB7PtNxs
great help here!

Yea umm he still swinging his spear fucking my posture to oblivion

After Ape? I think there's two more Shinobi boss fights that gave me a lot of trouble, one of them being the final boss.

Aside from that there's a gimmick cinematic boss and a repeat of a boss you've already fought but with more life and a couple more moves.

how do you like the taste of penis?

Purpose of hidden tooth?

what is the stone saying?

Attached: 20190325023947_1.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

So is there any trick to deal with that purple ninja slashing and kicking you in that memory stage or only git gud?

This boss battle was pointless
But he is definitely alive(still has 1 more red orb and he fell on water)

Did he not progress through the ashina castle? I only beat butterfly after killing a bunch of other mini bosses at the castle. Had 4 gourds and a lot more vitality than he does if I remember correctly.

wwwwwwwroooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: file.png (255x387, 87K)

Is it safe to leave sidequests for the end of the game? Will dragonrot kill anyone or will story progress lock out some of the quests?

Anybody feel like there is a lot of RNG in this game? I am currently stuck on Genichiro and I feel like my successful phases are random. Also the way posture works is fucking stupid. You have to keep attacking them to keep their meter from recovering but then you have to try to time which one of their attacks breaks your meter so you don't get combo instakilled.

just reload loli area a couple times, check the monkey panels area too if shes there.

If you jump off you can get him to follow you and die from landing in the water.

how do I kill chained up orge guy?

Where to now? I can't grab onto anything.

Attached: w.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

Brown ape dies quickly.

It’s a BS fight though, requires luck with the attacks matching up

How the FUCK do I get the last monkey that's following me

The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles.

a lot of people didn't. I stopped before fighting the horserider guy and then went through the memory and fought butterfly. She was the first boss I killed.

Forgot pic

Attached: sekiro-armored-warrior-2.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

come back later...

Attached: 20190324160954_1.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

not even the best method, you can shuriken her shit when she's in the air

just got to the drunkard in the flashback segment

how the fuck do I even begin to fight this guy

You go back up there later, just teleport somewhere else and progress

you can parry every spear attack
get the skill that lets you zipline attack
fireworks aren't needed. i suspect you're doing something wrong but it's better if you just git gud now instead of relying on it as they aren't needed

>Brown ape dies quickly.
Problem is, the sword ape attacks relentlessly but the brown ape is actually pretty chill and stays out of the fight at least until the sword ape falls on the ground. Gonna try spamming firecrackers

You can sprint by holding dodge. Just run around him and hit him a couple of times.

why are random ghost like enemies appearing in old areas

>fell on water
user he's in full plate armor

you have to cross the bride you're seeing to trigger something

I'm such a scrub that I spent 5 hours fighting Genichiro to the point I finally learned how to play the game. Finally I somehow manage to kill him in the second phase.
I put down the controller, I'm sipping beer, all ecstatic, then the motherfucker has a THIRD PHASE which I have no idea how to play against.

Jesus fucking Christ. This game will be the death of me.

>why is your face so blurry?

Hirata Estate felt like such an increase in difficulty I stopped progressing there for a long while. Hell, I reached the drunkard before the ogre and I couldn't believe how easy the game actually was. Really felt like Estate was an optional thing or a late level zone.

Like seriously dude I am just lost on the guy guarding the gate on the horse

I literally have had 0 issue with any boss until him. Like what am I supposed to be doing? I’m blocking and dodging but he in the end just breaks my posture killing me.

And it’s not that it’s hard I am truly just confused

his third phase is actually his easiest

>>>>You can sprint
game never told me that

Buy the skill that lets you grapple attack.

1/2
copied from somewhere else, it does a decent enough explanation. its weird and pretty dumb to get going.
Dragon's Homecoming ending requires interaction with npcs, especially the Divine Child of Rejuvenating Water (and there i was on my first playthru wondering why she was so unimportant in the story). And its rather complex imo, so this might be a bit messy:
1. The first item u need is Holy Tome: Infested. If u finished up Senpou temple before Genochiro, by the time u reach the "Main Hall" idol, u will see a monk praying to buddha. Talk to him to get "Holy Tome: Infested". If u go to senpou temple after Genochiro, you wont see the monk near the idol, instead u do the monkey boss fight there. In this case to find the "Holy Tome: Infested", dive down the pond near "Temple Ground" to find said tome.
2. The second step is to interact with Divine Child of Rejuvenating Water (U need to beat Genochiro to do the screen folding monkey so that u can get to her in inner sactum) She will give u 3 rice the first time u meet her. Eat it and refresh area, ask for more, she gives u one. Eat it. Your goal is to get her to start snoozing and it seems like the trigger is eating her rice and giving her the tome. Anyway once she started snoozing b4 u talk to her u are on path for this ending.
3. Unsure if necessary but kuro will give u sweet rice ball if u were damaged after reaching foutainhead palace. Eat it. Edit: It would appear this step is necessary now from what i can see online.
4. After asking for more rice from the Divine Child of Rejuvenating Water. She would appear to be sick, if this doesn't happen u either didn't give her the tome or u didn't eat Kuro's rice ball (unsure about this one). She will ask for Persimmons, can be found as loot around temple or buy from memorial mob merchant around "Shungendo" idol. U can also get one free Persimmon from finishing the crying giant's quest at the start of senpou temple.

This game is not as clusterfuck as bloodborne was,99% of first week players got the normal ending and forgot to consume the blood thingies

firecrackers

Tips for snake eyes shirahagi?

firecrack to piss off his horse

God, this doesn't feel like it's gonna be an easy boss

Attached: 20190324220617_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.12M)

>dude what if every attack was a danger attack
holy shit FUCK these niggers

Attached: 20190324190614_1.jpg (2560x1440, 834K)

我が主はとてもかわいいです!

Attached: 20190325021242_1.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

Hence why we keep making these threads. Nothing is explained.

Understandable, he's one of the harder bosses in the game.

Where do I find the Corrupted Monk boss?

stay close

Dude that horse guy is designed to be the first boss you should fight. The only other one you can find is lady butterfly and she is way harder.

Just grapple to him when he moves away and do a couple deflects.

I DON'T GET IT
WHERE THE FUCK IS HE

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 03.07.58.84.png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

>kill guardian ape
>next “““boss””” is the gimmick monkies
>next boss is guardian ape again
>but with another ape as back up
What the fuck Miyazaki enough with the monkies

I gave her the tome the first time i met her

This. I can't get her to go to him at all and I'm pissed I missed the bell.

Use Mikiri. He thrusts a lot and it makes his fight a lot easier

Attached: spear fag.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Where to go after beating centipede giraffe?

Attached: AYY.webm (500x312, 1.69M)

>mfw stuck at jouzo the drunkard

did i finally get pleb filtered?

Attached: crying-pepe.jpg (351x351, 16K)

i ate none of the rice and the stuff still happened.

Ok I've been on Sword Saint for almost three hours now. I've got him into his second to last phase a couple time, but his spear phase is extremely hard. Should I just keep looking for prayer beads and get my attack to 12 before I try again? Or is there something I'm missing?

its ez if you are ok at parrying
play it like guitar hero and jump on his head when he lunges
no attacks necessary

Tips for snake eyes shirahagi? I can’t do my usual shutter strat I’d sneak attacking one hp bar first

I had a more or less challenging but fair introduction to the game but is it me or is that chained ogre an unbelievably sharp difficulty spike? His lunging grab just teleports me into it, and he's a fucking damage sponge even when I spam fire/oil and get the sneak takedown right off the bat. Seriously what the fuck am I doing wrong?

try swinging your sword around

>See one of the kite with the shitty ninja
>Heh bet he’s gonna swoop down
>He actually did
>Whoop his ass with a Ichimoji
>See another one
>Probably will swoop down soon
>Out of no where a faggot jumped at me and explode
>K just res and continue
>YOOOOOOOOOOO
>Died again as soon as I stand up
Fuck them

ATACK HIM
HE IS INVISIBLE

kino fight

he follows you, he's invisible hence why he doesn't have a picture on the folding screen and why you can hear monkey noises behind you

see for part 1 out of 2
here part 2/2
5. Once she becomes better after eating the Persimmons, ask for more rice. She will give u Rice for Kuro, (if this doesn't happen then eat the rice she gave u and refresh area) Give Kuro's rice to Kuro and he will make another rice ball. Eat it, Sekiro will mention it taste super good.(This entire 5th step could be unnecssary, but its easy enough to not skip it and risking buging the questline imo) EDIT: Seems to be necessary now.
6. Anyway the goal is to get her to move to the halls of illusions where u caught the monkeys, so keep asking for rice (eat so she gives u more) and do all the steps if she won't move. Once she moved to halls of illusions talk to her to learn u need one more tome.
7. Find said tome in the cave around main hall idol in senpou temple with creepy crawling enemies, give tome to her she will mention u need two serpentine fruits next.
(left out some parts because too long, i assume you already have both viscera)
11. And there u go, give the two fruit to the Divine Child of Rejuvenating Water and refresh area a couple of times, she will give u "Frozen Tears" and now u can choose the "Return" ending at the end.

I killed all the trash, reset the drunkard and then sneaked in a free backstab. Then just found an attack pattern I could consistently punish with one attack and just ran around until he did that attack

>axe tool
>1~3 normal attacks until you seem him block them
>axe tool again
>attacks again and axe tool when he blocks
Do that a few times more and you'll break his posture then you can Deathblow him.

close to the end of the game

Attached: 20190324182411_1.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

Best spots to farm money and exp?
Also tips for corrupted monk, the purple ghost version?

fountainhead palace has great music

Alrighty then. Thanks. I didn't find no fruit either. Will that appear later too?

I can't hit mikiri for shit on any enemy I dont understand the timing at all

Is the mansion the only memory?

this fight is an IQ check

fuck niggers and fuck slant eyed motherfucking gook shits

Is there a save point closer for the owl boss fight I'm running from the castle "entrance" all the way up the rooftops

Attached: 1546873898708.jpg (453x853, 59K)

well you can SEE him on the panel so what do you think
[spioler] he follows you around drinking sake, he is invisible[/spoiler]

Just wait until you get to the boss after him. Tell grandma i said hi when you see her.

For tips i would suggest using the loaded shuriken to bait his minions out and kill them first. There is an area to the left of him that is better to use for this. Even if you aggro the boss you can still restealth and come back when he is done aggroing.

Literally just as I posted this screenshot, I got him

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 03.10.06.07.png (1920x1080, 3.32M)

Corrupted monk should be no where on this list. First two phases can be air deathblown, last phase chain firecracker + 4x hit.

lady butterfly can also be cheesed using the nightjar attack, spamming it over and over again.

Owl is more than a git gud boss, you can practice and practice but some of his attacks are just so difficult to avoid.

Did you go back and talk to the kid again?
How do you not know Ashina Castle already?
No, they're like crystal lizards
Telling him will lead to his death. Not telling him progesses the sidequest and you meet him later
Start at the Gun Fort idol and move backwards and you can backstab everyone. Shotgun guys give a nice chunk.
If an enemy is below 50% health, posture heals way slower. Try not to focus on posture right away
Get the Fire Vent from the Hirata Estate memory
Isn't the snake supposed to be there?
I just turned around and slashed at where his footsteps ended. Maybe it had to be in a specific room?
Run around the side house and kill all of his goons. Run away and de-aggro him and he'll walk back and be open for a backstab. Then run to the NPC guy and start a 2v1
If his lightning hits you in midair it won't hurt. If you hit him on the way down you'll stun him.
Be relentless, if she does a grab jump backwards, after a kick she'll always shoot. I heard poison works well on her also but I haven't tried it.
It is, just spam deflect
You need to beat the boss at the top of the castle for the key.
Use confetti for extra damage. Some attacks will let you dodge to the side, and she takes a lot of damage from the back. Firecrackers are amazing and will stun long enough to run around and get a few hits. A charged stab does a nice chunk if you have no confetti.

Are roof ninjas supposed to be impossible in a group of more than two?

>is that chained ogre an unbelievably sharp difficulty spike?
yeah it's a bit of a leap but you can jump over him and avoid most of his bullshit
>His lunging grab just teleports me into it,
no it doesn't. his model corrects for where sekiro collided with the hitbox.
> what the fuck am I doing wrong?
you'll probably run his hp out before you get a posture break
he's a weird enemy in the context of the game and isn't representative of most things you fight
kind of think they were just having a laugh with him

Then why the fuck did someone recommends I fight it instead of Ginichiro first? I am trying to find out if there are bosses before him to raise my attack. Its a 3 right now. Vitality is at 14

mibu balloon of wealth and run through the intro section of fountainhead palace.

was there stuff you were meant to do here? i literally sprinted at the cunts until I managed to snag one with a hit

I never even found the tome without help :)
interesting, so you just need to trigger her to give you more rice, eating it doesnt matter.

>playing through game it's challenging but fun
>finish fighting a super fun miniboss
>first time ever since launch I look up videos to relive how fun it was
>see this shit youtu.be/tWk-MERYHTk
>literally shaking with righteous anger
>not one miriki counter
>axe spam
>hardly any deflects
>just circling until there is an opening
>dark souls faggots need to get gone back to their containment area

What's the point of playing Sekiro if you are going to do it like such a cuck. It's a game that rewards you for being aggressive and continually pulling off the perfect counter to style on people not just kill them, and now I see people are playing it like fucking cowards. I'm autistic I'm sure, but this shit is disgusting to me.

yes you need items confetti and dispelling shit

Do the npc quests actually give anything worthwhile?

Sculptor talks about how he was a rogue shinobi and trained with a chick in the monkey valley, and listened to her finger whistle. He used to drink Monkey Booze after training.

the idol in the room you can grapple into, coming out of there just climb/grapple up.

Finally got past Shinobi Hunter and Chained Ogre thanks to help and webms, How many more minibosses before I see a real one? I found that headless room but I noped out when the lighting changed.

There's two Corrupted Monk fights. One you can do before Ginichiro, the other is near the end of the game.

Kill the 2 purple guys in the dojo
There is a window with incense marking it

There is a monk illusion in Mibu village and the real monk is at the end of the game

Where do you get the firecrackers?

you can activate the idol in the dojo that you used before genichiro or the one before that, both are really close

Your webm alone just made me buy this game.

I explored senpou temple before genichiro

ok that is the one I want to get to

The timing really isn't that strict at all. You can even spam the dodge button before hand and you'll hit. Just practice on the guy in the temple if you want

Merchant on the cliff by the stairway where the ogre is. Backtrack from there and stay to the right. You'll find him there.

Speaking of finger whistle, does anyone know what good it’s for? I thought it would help against the 2 monkey bosses but it does nothing

The game does a bad job of explaining it. It says some dumb shit like press b as it lands. Don't do that, hit it well before it lands. I've found that unlike parrying or just about any other move in this game the mikiri has pretty forgiving timing.

For instance some of those spear carrying guys like the Shinobi Hunter will start running at you from some distance away. I was able to hit it about a second or half second before it would have hit me. I still miss a lot of mikiri just because I don't see the wind up or freak out and think it's going to be a sweep instead, but it's way easier to do than the other shitty low damage moves.

I have a friend on discord whos just farming coins and looking up guides on how to get all the OP items and how to cheese bosses and when he gets to a boss he cant cheese he continually cries while I wank to him crying, he's currently on o'rin of the water and is going to skip.

I cheesed his AI with some fences after getting killed a few times. Fuck that ogre

Wtf?first phase deathblow?

What was the point of their fight? Was it just one of those meme bosses From likes to put in their games?

Attached: 28362090376_46454263bb_b.jpg (583x768, 155K)

You have to go through the Abandoned Mines and follow that route through the Haunted Forest to eventually get to Mibu village.

To get to the Abandoned Mines go to the part directly after you fought the flaming bull, I think it's the first teleport in Ashina Castle, at the bridge. Look left across the moat and grapple to that side and then I think you go in the tower there.

I fucking love the design around Ashina Elite. It feels like a true stage match in swordsmanship because he will Iado style slash you twice so fast that you either get the perfect deflection and an instant deathblow or you eat shit and die

So before going into NG+, does anyone know what areas are locked off permanently? The game for some stupid reason has put up barriers in certain places.

After Mikiri Counter what skills should I unlock?

Where is a good place to farm EXP/Cash? I'm poor as fuck and need to buy a 5k and 3k item each. I've beaten Monkey Trouble, and have most of Mobu unlocked.

Why does he barely deflect?

>tfw you're actually getting the hang of the combat system
Holy shit this feels satisfying as hell. It actually feels like a fun swordplay with the tougher enemies

Attached: 1442707384501.jpg (278x306, 18K)

Yes.

for swipe combo = deflect x 10 i think it is, mash L1

if you do this without losing posture the next attack should be a red kanji lunge, simply jump to avoid and double jump on the boss to add a ton of posture to his meter.

Repeat this for the whole fight.

items i dont know what to do with:
2 snake hearts
red and white flower wheel
I still have one more sake but Sculptor is already a demon, Isshin is already dead and emma is busy
i have rice for waga aruji but he is at the end of the game.

Attached: 20190325015929_1.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

just a meme boss to break up the pacing

aim to get all the passives, literally no combat art is good

user.. he.. he doesn't have health orbs.

can you max out prayer beads in one playthrough?

>Been three hours and I've yet to see Genichiros 3rd phase
I don't get it I try to be agressive but it feels like my posture gets broken no matter how perfect my deflects are

the place at the end of the game with the ayylmaos

the only places perma locked are some areas in the first map, the outskirts

I'll try it soon. I've gotten decent at parrying and unless the camera fucks up, I think I should be able to do it

how do you do that

Yes

> In this case to find the "Holy Tome: Infested", dive down the pond near "Temple Ground" to find said tome.
When do I get the dive ability? Is it misseable?

Thanks. He didn't suicide but he did stay on the edge and gave me a free backstab

Ok so I just beat Corrupted Monk and grabbed the stone but now I can't fast travel to the Kuro's room nor can I even walk there from Gyoubou's idol because the doors are locked so what am I supposed to do? also sorry if you already answered this question in the thread

the one at the end of the monk skill tree is pretty useful, you can dodge and do posture damage

Git

How do I get the firecracker tool before the Ogre boss?

what? really?

lmao he's 500x easier than the shichimen fuck or even gyoubu

no, you get it from fighting corrupted monk

I have been through the mines, met the doctor and unlocked the way to the temple. Where is the route to the forest? i have been reading about a bottomless pit down there too

Game ain’t got me

I keep trying to play it like Ninja Gaiden where there’s invincibility frames with jumps and moves. I also keep thinking I can dash or block cancel out of an attack motion

actually even one of the regular purple one armed faggots (the one at the pagoda not even the one in the pit) is harder.

There's two minibosses with the same mechanic. Basically when he starts his combo, you mash the shit out of parry. When it's done right, his posture will be almost destroyed, then he'll do a grab (or sweep for that boss i think) you can jump over.

It's extremely satisfying when you dodge everything in quick succession. Those CLANG sounds make my dick hard.

Attached: 814380_20190324161039_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.24M)

everybody seems to have different opinions on the difficulties of the boss

i beat the o'rin lady of the water or whatever the fuck on my first try without healing and was pretty amazed at how easy she was and i constantly see people claiming she's one of the harder bosses

i also see people bitching about corrupted monk

Remember how you got there in the first place? You have to do it again.

Good luck.

Start from the only idol open in ashina castle

this fag again
I mikri'd his ass off this ledge
i think i won?
i literally cant stop cheesing bosses holy shit I didnt even intend to do it this time

Attached: 20190324192231_1.jpg (2560x1440, 756K)

got him first try
don't sweat it dude, you'll probably get it first try if you get the timing down. very consistent, feels like motorik beat

No, his scar doesnt spread

The timing is very forgiving, the issue is you have to dodge INTO the thrust.

Attached: 814380_20190323104848_1.jpg (1920x1080, 911K)

Yes. Once you get the dried fruit, you go up there for the fresh one

>fail like 15 times in a row on 3 hp bar corrupted monk
>realize i have hard mode on because i just found the bell
>take it off and beat her the next try

how do i get over there

Attached: sekiro_strKclZGRt.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

Corrupted Monk was nuts. It felt like a dance to the sounce of rhythmic CLANG noises.

so instead of trying to "parry" the thrust, i'm just dodging into it?

HOLY FUCK
FUCK THIS SHITTY ASS GAME FOR ROBBING ME OF MY COUNTER

Attached: FUCK THIS BULLSHIT GAME.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

So how many "true deaths" cause the rot to spread? I've died for good twice now and it still hasn't spread to anyone.

Use the Sabimaru prosthetic. Both Snake Eyes are really weak to poison. And be wary of the grab attack. Jump away ahead of time of need be

Nvidia update more than likely. Nvidia likes getting handsy with shit it shouldn't. Turned off my speakers once.

How the fuck am I supposed to beat two monkeys at once?

Your next death will do it.

lol what, you thought it'd let you oneshot a boss?

I had no trouble with the one in the starting well, assuming that's what we're talking about.

what did it rob you of?

It has to reach 0% i think

Boss Difficulty Ranking
1. Sword Saint

POWA GAP
POWA GAP

2. Hatred Demon

POWA GAP
POWA GAP

3. Everything Else

Holy shit that dude is really, really bad at this game.

>not a single deflect
>no mikiri counter
>used like three healing items

NO
POSTURE DAMAGE

Well shit, I know I'm going to eat shit soon in the area just after the kite bastards. These honour fags are tough.

I think it’s around 5

I'm pretty sure his annoyance comes from how fast the boss' posture bar goes down after he Michaels it.

>tfw gave the surgeon the big samurai guy before realizing i could tell him to go to merchant-san

Attached: 1550951611262.png (430x348, 148K)

youtu.be/vMHnB7PtNxs

The boss has almost full health, of course it's going to regen posture almost instantly.

What does the dragonrot do other than lower the chance you don't lose half your shit when you die?

>no confetti on ghost boy
>no meme spam hit into firecraker and repeat
lole at that baddie

Can't you use confetti on that dude?

>posture damage
>at that much health

i did it :'D

Attached: genshi.png (794x449, 401K)

THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS BOSS BATTLE IS TO BRING DOWN THE POSTURE YOU RETARD

How to get up here?

Attached: snip.png (1836x1140, 2.58M)

give white pinwheel for the big monk dude at the start of Senpou Temple, then send his ass to shadow realm

Posture thing is so frustrating

I’m getting punished for blocking? I understand if characters have grab moves while I’m blocking like in Ninja Gaiden

Should've spirited him away like he wanted
Halts NPC quests until it's cured
At the first Ashina Castle idol, to your left is a branch to grapple to.

Did you read any of the tooltips about posture the game showed you?

i did but i found a red and white wheel too.

Go around the left

if you kept getting slammed with sword swings you are going to lose balance overtime

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Holding the deflect button restores your posture much faster. Remember to keep your sword up and guarding to regenerate

t. retard that doesnt know how posture and health corrolate

if you deal damage to his health, the posture will regenerate slower, it goes in two stages, first its orange then its full red (behind the yellow posture bar) this shows that now the regen is terribly slow and the posture damage will stick, rather than get erased immediately

the flame axe sets 1st phase ape on fire and stuns him for a little while and in the second fight it works on his gf so just focus her down hard in the little cave above the guardian ape burrow you can find her skeleton and some monkey booze

this game is fucking goodd

Thanks, user.

No because I probably skipped one of the earlier bosses that has a popup message.
Cause I remember one has it that tells you to jump and kick people who do sweep attacks.

Less than half health will make posture recovery super slow. For 90% of bosses in the game it's probably not even possible to do enough posture damage without low health.

>True Corrupted Monk, 2nd phase
>he(?) is at nearly full health
>does his multiple shadows attack thing
>go full Tarzan mode
>chill on a branch for a moment
>notice his silhouette through the fog
>a big red dot appears
>YEET
>drop down and stab his face
>2nd phase over
Was this supposed to happen?

When you give red and white, you can send him to the merchant at the Ashina Outskirt

Is something supposed to happen after giving the Divine Child that text found at the bottom of the temple pond? I woke her up from her nap and gave her what seemed to be some harsh literature but nothing happened afterwards other than some dialogue. Also I think I'm in the end game since Ashina castle's all ninja'd up and I just want to know if I broke a quest line or not.

Sekiro isn’t souls and that’s why I can’t get good at it. Hands up I’m a souls babby and I’m not ashamed.

But do all of the in-game merchants remain when that goes down? I need the stuff from some of the merchants around the world, mask parts and stuff.

just beat corrupted monk (first one), fuck that was a prolonged fight

so annoying when you parry his entire flurry and miriki his stab and you cant even get any damage on him

fuck the parries feel so good though

>tfw spent literally twenty minutes cheesing snake eyes shahira by baiting her into the poison

Took forever and I still almost died going in for the two deathblows. Fuck that miniboss, I’m not even ashamed.

How do I find the bottomless pit in the dungeon? and where in the temple do I find the monk skill tree text?

I will only finish the game when somebody finds what to do with the 2 hearts

>all those enemies instantly aiming at you when you jump off the cliff towards gun fort
>using the umbrella to turtle all their shots when crossing the bridge
>scale the wall and stealth kill each and every one of them
This is some real shinobi shit boys

Attached: masao ora ora.gif (502x436, 284K)

Dragonrot is a shit game mechanic, literally worse than Soul memory even.

Attached: 1475435304327.jpg (500x500, 86K)

Appsrently you can do it in first phase too

are they really that hard?

Good, needs to get his head right. Sekiro is for perfection, style, and aggression not exploits and cheese. You can only paly the game fresh once why waste it on exploits and abuse. Where do these people come from that get any kind of satisfaction finishing something like that.

The game is pointless unless you get the thrill of perfectly dominating a boss that put you down a few times before.

There's guides all over the place to get all 4 endings.

She took forever for me too, eventually beat her when I figured out 0 spirit Mortal Strike still does a shit ton of damage to her.

I just beat Lady Butterfly. Need to take a break.

For those who beat the game, how is the lore?
Is it like bloodborne and DS?

Is emma a boss?
Is the sculpture a final boss?

yes and you can do it for its first phase also.

I'm enjoying this game far more than das2 and 3, the combat feels great when you get into it, only complaint is that there seems be a tough as shit mini boss in every area.

to find the bottomless pit you must either kill the purple mage boss or go into the well where you started the game and kill the ninja

First and Second phase can be done this way by just dropping from above. this (((boss))) only has 1 healthbar in reality

Ami I missing stuff? Like how does deflect work?

Does it actually do anything other than not letting you acess all options with NPCs and lose Unseen Help chance?

Need some help
I'm at the boudhist temple and after I gave the rice to some chick she told me to use a kite to get the fresh fruit
But the kite leads to the "sunken valley cavern which leads to a dead end
what do?

How does the game run on ps4?

lore is good but it isn't super cryptic and full of implications like DS
yes
not the final but a very tough one

I’m always running dry on spirit emblems. How do I get a lot of them? They are becoming expensive to buy

reload area, talk to her, ask for rice, etc. try some things.

pastebin.com/0giEkeAX here is a half decent explanation to divine child story

the main problem with the game is the fucking camera

doesn't matter how big the arena is, it feels like im constantly fighting with the camera if i get pushed up against a wall or something

half the fight is repositioning to the middle so the camera isnt shit

>the entire game is a japanese level
>no YOOOOOOOOOOO
wtf

Why has my double jump turned into a jump kick?

So i see the bell to feed the giant fish but can't figure out how to get up there? if the game forces me up there no worries but if its something i can miss someone please point me in the right direction

and what the fuck do i do with the snake hearts?

help please

30 fps with drops like all other games

youtube.com/watch?v=FCP2kz4dYc8
That is close enough.

The purple guys are the only mini bosses I haven't been able to kill. Oh and I found the monk text

As soon as an attack hit you, press LB/L1

If you will miss the timing it will be just a regular defense and fill your posture bar, you gotta deflect it right so the enemy posture bar fills first

The lower your or the enemy's health, the slower the posture bar will recover

There's no double jump.

This is one of my gripes of the game. It makes zero fucking sense.

Where do i farm confetti? Is it needed to beat the spectral corrupted monk?

youtu.be/vMHnB7PtNxs

The lore/story is laid out way more clearly, with factions and allegiances easier to follow same with the goals of characters and why things are the way they are.

Emma is a boss in the bad ending only
Optional boss near the end of the game

>xbox one controller
I'm the only one who switch the RB/LB buttons with the Right and Left trigger buttons?

How unplayable is it? Bloodborne was perfectly fine when I played it in 2016. Is it comparable?

also been trying to figure out how to get up there

would also like some help

you can farm it from the blue samurai guys in ashina castle but it doesn't really help that much against the corrupted monk

She isn't even hard, wait till you get Genjiro-chan and some of the later bosses. You'll be tearing your hair out.

>beat centipede claw man on my third try
holy shit once you master the combat system this game is a blast

When will devs let me choose which controller button prompts I want? Xbox controllers suck

why are you such a fucking secondary that you dont see A and instantly know its X, what a shitter

where can I farm lapis lazuli? I know something in fountainhead palace drops it but I don't recall what

is it possible to miss any for good?

Centipede Giraffe has been dethroned as the easiest boss in the game. What the fuck was this shit? He was easier than the goddamn regular enemies you fight to get to him.

Attached: wat.png (1913x1190, 2.68M)

>wanting physical lag

Attached: 1551041459465.jpg (800x662, 85K)

I don't think so? The only thing that can really get buggered is getting one of the two hidden endings

You either parry and destroy him or he kills you instant

Easiest boss is probably the headless desu

He's also the same guy that voice Yonji, one of Sanji's brothers in One Piece.
Genchiro was a great fight, phase 2 pissed me off more times than I can count. I actually ended up mastering the air lightning shit by the time I killed him.

where do i go after killing jouzou the drunkard?
theres a lcoked door inside the building that was blocked but cant find a key

What the actual fuck do i do with this stupid fucking kite at the temple?

Ive asked this in multiple threads:

Did I fuck up by killing the samurai NPC standing above the well, peering down?
Not the kicking hooded nigger down at the bottom.

About to enter Genishiro wish me luck.

Can someone whose beaten the fame PLEASE explain to me where the last boss comes from? Why the fuck does he climb out of that dudes fucking neck?

If you just block him, he deals damage through. Its a bait fight to catch people out for not parrying right or fucking up the dodge and getting instantly killed from his double slash

You were supposed to go up the path from the spear dudd

It requires you to actually play much differently, like, your muscle memory from souls is going to fuck you up in this game. I know people said this about Bloodbourne too, but you have to be really aggressive in this game to keep their posture from recovering. Sprint around the field, jump at her (especially when shes on her wire to knock her down), attack her relentlessly but with a rhythm that let's you interrupt with a deflect if needed. I'm nearing the end of the game I believe and have fought about 10 of the main bosses, but the strat that has got me through the hardest bosses is to attack relentlessly, chase them down, jump away, and run back at them. Deflecting is great and you're gonna need to be decent at it, but that doesnt mean just rely on trying to back away and bait out deflection strings. But for sure, its gonna take a while to get over your instincts coming off of either Souls or Bloodbourne, it did for me anyways.

Did you not speak to owl after the bridge section with the fag guy and two shield boys? He gives you the key

his quest has a shit reward so no.
good luck mathas

No, he's just side Content stuff. It's unimportant, finishing his chain nets you an item or you can use him for another chain

You get the key from your mentor, have to go back a ways and choose the other path, past that area with all the people you can talk to inside their homes

You can also leave, kill Gyobu, come back and get the key. Up to you.

Oh shit, thanks. Should've thought to exhaust the rice thing.

He's Isshin, the guy who named you, you fucking idiot

please respond

you aren't missing anything important by killing him

Using the blood of the Dragon's Heir I guess he restored his grandfather's genes within him and the dude then crawled out of? Its why you do the IMMORTALITY SEVERED on him at the end

ooof hope it doesnt have an achievement
thanks anons

Attached: POCKETSANDERU.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Finally get game based on Tenchu, shitters keeps complaining that it is not like souls.

Use spear on Snake Eyes, fucks her up every time.

i saw a grapple thing so i hopped through several grapple sections and jumped up a well
guess ill tp back, thanks m8

It is more like souls than tenchu

You'll have to go back here later, but I'm assuming you haven't gone to the top of Ashina Castle yet. You have to go there first and then an NPC will tell you to go back to Senpou to get a story related item, only after that will you be able to go to the area past Senpou Temple. I got stuck and confused in the same place.

Why does dad betray you? What is he after?

Not the way I'm playing it.

Immortality

You can cheese him with the spear, especially if you have the upgraded one.

I get that it's isshin by why the fuck does he climb out of Genichiro neck stump?

Cause he's gay

my.mixtape.moe/xeatkx.wav
Main menu would've been much better with it.

Attached: yo.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>tfw no fight against Tomoe

It only feels like that because the bosses are all about learning how the enemy behaves and the best approach to each thing they do, if it feels like RNG it means you've only partially learned that phase, and when it does the behaviour you haven't learned you have issues

any tips for final boss? keep getting my shit pushed in when he whips out the gun

I just bought this game. Downloading now. What am I in for bros? Do I need a controller to play it or is MKB fine?

Attached: janeway.jpg (450x360, 21K)

First try strat