Now that Sekiro is such a monumental success, does this game have any fucking chance?

Now that Sekiro is such a monumental success, does this game have any fucking chance?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, this game looks like legit kino. Also, everyone watch Ran. I saw that movie yesterday and it was great.

It will have to make up in atmosphere and story telling where it will likely miss with a shallow combat system.

Of course
If anything it will piggyback on the success of sekiro and do great
What makes you think theyll be competing?

>game about the past
>title text is futuristic

Why do games like Skyrim do this?

Attached: F9B69165-E9D9-410A-BCE8-44B7171675D7.jpg (905x619, 49K)

Its not futuristic retard its supposed to look like calligraphy
Look at the edges of the letters
(not the thumbnail)

>Sucker Punch
Absolutely not.

I think it looks very good. You're allowed to like both it and Sekiro.

Caligraphy looks nothing like that and the O with the red logo is the part that looks futuristic.

The West tring to do Japanese settings is always maximum cringe and this looks like it too. Pretty sure it's the developer behind those shitty Infamous games too.

Sly was nice. Infamous was meh though.

Why wouldn't it? If people would only buy a single game with a certain aesthetic then why the fuck were there 2 billion WW2 shooters?

Attached: 1545203824493.png (168x194, 69K)

Looks like a Japanese assassin's creed.
Looks fun for a few hours but no way in hell I will pay for that if it's as shallow as it looks.

gameplay wise? not a chance, probably Old Assasins creed/ Batman games combat. it's going to win by Ebin Cinematic Graphic although Sekiro art direction is amazing

sekiro has katana
ghost has katana
which has better katana

Its clearly supposed to look like ink brush writing. If you cant see that then youre beyond help. Theres nothing futuristic about a circle with two red triangles in it.

It's going to be a financial success and will most likely be praised for it's innovative story.
They won't mention the combat and actual gameplay, because game journalists don't do that.

After playing Sekiro I am more excited for it, because that kind of combat, at least for me, never clicked with group encounters. For once, I'm happy it's gone with the retarded Batman/AssCreed combat to make for a hopefully comfy experience in a setting I love.

Sekiro's katana can kill immortals.

You're right, it's clearly supposed to be a brush effect, but find me caligraphy written in perfect 90 degree angles for every letter. I know what they want it to look like, but the reality is that it looks like a sloppy stencil with the red triangle being a faux military emblem.

Yeah i agree with you there. Calligraphy was perhaps not the best term i couldve chosen.

The reason it look futuristic is because it's try to mimic japanese brush effect but end up too clean and too hard on the edge.
Making it look like shit, also the red triangle is fucking stupid

of course. It's casual fucking city and will cater to everyone.

>another bamham clone
Why do casuals love this shit?

What did you expect from the studio that brought that guy to make weird toot noises on stage and called it japanese?

Sekiro has Kusabimaru-chan. What will Tsushima have?

>Ghost of Tsushima

I'm scared it'll suffer from having white guys for developers, and it'll be so easy that it winds up being boring as fuck. I'm scared that even if it's difficult the game-play will be shit.

It'll be worse, but it'll sell more. It's basically bamham with even more scripted combat and cinematic assists.

It's a console exclusive with bamham combat.

So no.

Put it on PC and we'll see.

30 frames just like horizon, god of war, spider man, and rdr2

It never had it dumb retard, even if Nioh2 or Sekiro didnt come out this game would flop.
Only banham fans will find this game appealing, other than that its AssCreed,BamHam QTE fest trash

You've got it mixed up, FromCuck. Sekiro was a flop, Ghosts will most likely be mentioned heavily in GOTY discussions.

Really?
>2019
>action game
>30fps
>will probably dip to 20 any time action is happening
Well it's a good thing there is no actual combat in it then.

Attached: 1463495231606.jpg (441x411, 15K)

actually weebs like me (the majority of ps owners, id gamble) will buy this game just because of the setting.

Ghost of Tsushima will be dogshit but will get more praise than Sekiro from braindead journos. Japanese theme made by Western devs that made fucking Infamous. Any amount of critical thinking will tell you all you need to know about this future dumpster fire.

no, because people can only enjoy one hack n slash per year

infamous was good though. Or at least it was am actual game with a fun idea behind it.

Its sort of a meme that infamous is a bad series, idk ive never played them but neither have most people on Yea Forums
Maybe its because its an open world game like prototype

>Really?
well no, god of war has a "prioritize performance" mode on Pro that hits 60 when facing a wall. The other option is "prioritize resolution that is not actually 4k, but we are going to call it 4k"

I don't like it, I won't defend this shit, but I can get used to it after a while, just like we all had to before Dark Souls came out on PC. The right stick controlling the camera at 30fps on a console is like an intoxication simulator

ghost of sashimi is placed in heian period druing mongol invasions, Sekiro is in the closing years of Sengoku era. they are like 200-400 years apart fyi.

Yes, because this game will have GOOD graphics.

Attached: file.png (799x719, 994K)

It's all sort of similar Jap shit to be fair.

It’s going to be somewhat historical because japan doesn’t seem to want to do that

Maybe superficially

I think they're pretty different games in a similar setting

Nioh 2 is probably DOA though, unless they actually have an interesting game now. At least it'll have replayability going for it

Very different games. Tsushima is heavily grounded and is also open world. I doubt Sucker Punch can pull off great melee combat in such a setting too, but it might be a fun 20-30 hour game.
I really just want a full on experience and not rehashed garbage Sub missions. So many times it was loading into a map to see its THAT map again and just sprinting past everything since they very rarely put keys on enemies to prevent you running past them.

Casuals will enjoy this movie for sure.

Sekiro is shit. Even if Ghost is BamHam Samurai edition, it will be better.

nice meme

t. bad

do retard call it BamHam because of a fucking stealth attack

Attached: 74d6b517d8c28d8ac92319dbfb448c4a6524818c592f0c678384cf8cbe1ebd02.jpg (625x468, 69K)

Anything with third person stealth mechanics and cinematic stealth kills reminds Yea Forums of batman arkham

As much as I want it to, is correct. I'm somewhat worried.

I played it. It's average. Prototype was better.

Attached: Rosebait.png (990x663, 41K)

>Prototype was better

Attached: mfw slut show up.gif (353x597, 150K)

What if it's actually some assassin's Creed abomination going back to the past?

Ran might have been the most boring movie I have ever perceived.

>Sly Cooper
>Infamous
Seems like a good track record to me.

Why do people say the game will be casual?

Attached: 1336503555661.jpg (572x549, 37K)

muh stealth kills.

will it be on pc like nioh and detroit become human?
all published by sie

So like Sekiro?

but sekiro has stealth kills

After playing sekiro, no way they can match the gameplay.

Ghosts is already confirmed to be a japanese open world game. It'll be weeb red dead redemption by the numbers triple A trash.

It might be interesting for the unique mongol invasion setting though.

Thats what I mean. Sushi gets shit on for having stealth kills but Sekiro has it too.

>by the numbers triple A trash
you know sekiro is a triple A game to right retard

Why do people think having stealth is bad? Dishonored, MGS and certain ACs were very fun

It's a PS4 exclusive
HEAVILY marketed by Sony
Literally looks like a movie
Will probably play like one too.

It'll sell 5 million, minimum

>HEAVILY marketed by Sony
I don't think they market it enough. TLoU 2 and Days Gone take up all the marketing.

It's going to sell immensily like every other triple A sony exclusive, trust me.

Attached: 3400056-ghost_flute_stage.jpg (1214x933, 416K)

Having stealth is fine, it's when you implement a half-assed stealth system is when the problems occur.

someone post the webm

it's literally bamham x-ray slowmo twirling combat

Sekiro appeals to those who like gameplay.
Tsushima appeals to those who like movies.

>All these samurai ludos around the corner
>No real ninja ludo in sight

It sucks that all these games are only going for ninja stealth stuff as a secondary trait and not the main focus of the game. Guess I'll just emulate Wrath of Heaven again after I beat Sekiro.

I have no doubt it'll sell, of course. I meant that they're not telling us as much about it as TLOU 2 and Days Gone. Which sucks, GoT is something I'd try but the other 2 look like garbage.

Is Tsushima really gonna be another walking simulator? I thought it looked pretty nice from what I've seen. Sekiro's combat is probably better than whatever they will make though.

it's supposed to (according to you), but it doesn't (according to people whose brains are located inside of their skulls as opposed to their rectums)

Attached: 1510766345867.png (512x384, 226K)

>cinematic bam ham shit
seems like normalfag bait to me. after playing sekiro I can't help but remember that retarded reveal trailer where, not unlike sekiro, a samurai man dropped down and stabbed a guy. but after that he went on to merrily glide over to the next guy and stab him. then he did it to another guy. he probably did it to a fourth guy as well but that's where my memory cuts off because I've replaced it with new memories of doing the same thing in sekiro, except after stabbing the first guy, I engaged all the other enemies in combat

on the one hand, I despite bamham combat. On the other hand, this is sucker punch. Cautiously optimistic.

what's this bullshit? SP hasn't made a bad game yet

What is Bamham combat exactly?

garbage, junk food combat that requires 0 skill and only exist to make non-video game players feel like they're good

I see, what are some games that have it?

rocksteady batman games and shadow of mordor

youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU

Made it about 5 minutes into that but lost it when he started spamming the space bar

Because it's press "X" for dopamine hit, rather than "press a bunch of buttons and spend hours trying to master the pressing of those buttons" for a dopamine hit, which for casuals equates to never getting a dopamine hit.

Its all about being reactive rather than being proactive, like a game of Simon. Enemies will circle and will only attack one or two at a time, all you have to do to hit them is push a button and vaguely move the stick in the direction of the nearest enemy and Ham will automatically fly at them and hit them, no spacing or input beyond that is required from the player. Most of the time you're standing there waiting to auto-counter with Y, unless you're fighting one of the color-coded special enemies that have about one or two viable methods with which to defeat them.

Sounds like Assassin's Creed 1

Looks like trash desu. Does anyone have the webm where time slows down and you just automatically kill every enemy in the room?

>Sekiro
>nioh
>fantasy, excite,

>GoT
>realism, lame, restricted

Really interesting difference of choice between est and west for eastern game setting

I will never not mentally read GoT as "Game of Thrones"
But yeah, Japanese developers are better, Western devs are pretentious hacks who make Oscar bait walking sims for "muh realism" and "muh immersion"

don't you turn into a ghost

you weebs are sad

It will actually be enjoyable because enemies won't two shot you on the default difficulty, so yes

Would you rather watch a MOVIE like TLoU or play a GAME like DMC3?

fyi, you can one hit/backstab enemies mid combat in Sekiro as well due to the fucky backstab detection, not to mention that when you're doing a finishing move you're also literally invulnerable to other attacks, in the exact same way you are in Bamham, Mordor, Asscreed etc

Don't for a second start pretending that Sekiro isn't rife with the same horrid bullshit as bamham games just because it's core combat is a little more involved and the rest of it's mechanics are a whole lot more clunky, you can literally spam parry all day, and I literally mean spam, timing doesn't matter, and nothing will hit you.

I'm looking forward to it more than I was for Sekiro because I like Samurai more than I like ninjas.

You are retarded. And just wrong. I'll make a webm later. And just because you don't take vitality damage doesn't suddenly mean you're not taking posture damage. Try spamming parry on some enemies past the literal first few hours of the game and see how hard you get BTFO, nigger.

*Yawn*
Let me know when you've made that webm champ, i'll have 5 ready to disprove you.