Sekiro Help Thread: TurboTuberculosis Edition

EVERYONE IS DYING AROUND ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: WhenDoIUseIt.jpg (640x345, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/videos/400464684
youtu.be/WcYMXlnwWeg
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/藁人形
youtube.com/watch?v=ei2dx016t5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got the item Carp scale in the estate but the last carp never comes up from the water and I can't hit the fucker

Seriously though, when should i use the first droplet you get from the merchant by the horse dude? I haven't even beaten Mrs. Butterfly or the Raging Bull yet and everyone has fucking dragonrot.

>tfw you get filtered on the final boss
Sword Saint is bullshit

>getting filtered on one of the easiest boss in the game
just play like in ds bro

The first heal is a freebie, just talk to Emma about it.

I got to what I assume is the first boss, the dude on the horse.
The guy in the area right before is heavily implying that I can spook the horse with explosives or gunpowder. But I haven't found any. Did I miss something?

>Hit and run against a boss with teleports and unblockable attacks
Bro... I'm not sure...

How do I get Pellets easy? Wondering for Lady Butterfly

HOW THE FUCK DO I KILL GUARDIAN APE FUCK MY FUCKING SOUL

Is there another path falling down that huge hole? I found this poison place and killed snake eyes to find the hidden forest, which I dont think I can do much at right now. Lot of people are talking about fighting the ape and corrupted monk but every way I've gone I haven't found either of those fucks. Currently at Genichiro and exploring senpou temple. Also went to this crazy place where everyone was shooting guns at me and beat the giraffe but the door was locked.

Go back to where the old lady and Inosuke (her son is). There's actually a merchant on a big hill next to them, you can grapple some branches on the other side to get up there.

Bring 500 sen to get the best prosthetic tool in the game.

twitch.tv/videos/400464684
06:28:00
Just run until he attacks and commit then charged R1 bro... this is easy DS playstyle that most sekiro bosses easy as fuck...

fireworks from a crow shop. In the area where you get the bell from the old lady its at the top of a big rock youll have to grapple to.

Should i do it now? I haven't made any progress on the bull or on grandma. I'm just going to keep dying. When do NPC's start to die off?

I just beat the corrupted monk and learned how to dive. I have the sword and the flower. WHere do I go next? Do I have to kill Guardian ape?

Just beat this nigger, this strat only works for part two

Claw grip, don’t lock on, run in large circles around him hitting him once after the one hit lunge and twice after the four hit lunge, after you hit immediately start running away to avoid the AOE, you can hit him after his huge jumping sweep too

it’s really boring and cheesey but pretty foolproof

>Got back to the castle
>Filled with purple ninjas
What the fuck lads, I don't like my odds here I was doing pretty well until I got back and now my ass is getting handed to me all over agian

Attached: Afraid.gif (540x300, 2.84M)

>Forsen is better than I am
Oh no, bro...

Anyone else thing that you had to fight the boss again to get the attack power bonus? Honestly would have been a cooler system it's just shittily worded.

Man, I really fucking love the levels in this game. The stealth AI is garbage but the verticality is really great.

Attached: 1509253383696.jpg (470x606, 63K)

Arthur is me before I discover a new miniboss.

I've beaten the second general and figured out where Headless is (not going to fight him, I can tell he'll be crazy powerful)
Is there somewhere I can go other than the Hirate Estate? I beat the big drunk guy but my powerlevel isn't enough for lady Butterfly yet.

Attached: 1419041601619.jpg (620x517, 84K)

>Running then R1 when the boss is done playing
Based Soulchad not bothering with the core mechanic of the game lmao

Attached: 1419489374083.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>Old Lady and a bell
I have clearly missed something. The only lady I've met so far is the healer at the temple at the very start.

No seriously how do I kill the carp that are deeper in the water? Do I have to wait for them to come up?

They are not necessary, really, unless you are doing a speedrun

At one point should I try to beat Granny Butterface? I’ve reached Ashina Castle and explored it a bit.

You need to look around more dude. Its right after the first mini boss where you fight a lot of dudes in a wide area.

Past the second general is the horseman boss. He should be fairly easy if you're used to parrying.

You can also use the firecrackers on the horse to get a couple free hits in.

Attached: 814380_20190323173304_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.63M)

You can do an attack that thrusts into the water.

What is this shit?

Now I'm forced to play with a trainer for my first run so I don't soft lock the game progression.

It's one thing to punish you with losing stuff if you die, but creating a bullshit disease which locks you out of progression if you want to try stuff is just retarded.

The only way this should have been implemented is in NG+, but not in the fucking first run.

Whatever. Godmode it is.

You can dive later on.
I beat her after the horse boss fairly easily.

Check the area behind the general, there’s some grapple points

You get the ability to go underwater later. You can try doing a charged r1 too

Nah, you're just bad. His timings are quite lenient, just deals a lot of damage. First phase is the hardest because in the last two he has these huge windup unbloackables that can be mikiri'd easily and also lightning reversal

Any tips for the bull? Parrying it doesn't feel like a good idea.

Any tips for Owl

Attached: 1534843334301.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

15 hours in, the combat JUST clicked.

I think they made a few key design mistakes. A deflect should have a different color from the standard blow exchange instead of just a brighter yellow. Like a white flash for example. The sound should also be more distinctive. Once you realize it's just a tug-of-war in-between the "big" clangs the combat starts to make a lot more sense.

Secondly, the low level mobs are trash and do little to teach the player core combat mechanics. A few more intermediate enemies with posture that can't be spammed to death would go a long ways in making the combat more intuitive.

Heroin

Attached: owning.webm (900x506, 2.84M)

I killed her as my first boss. Horseman is easier than her though, if you want to get a power-up before tackling her. Word of advice: get nightjar slash and just stunlock her. Makes the fight almost trivial.

Why is the random purple ninja harder than lady butterfly?

I don't want to be a faggot that uses a trainer, I just want a mod or something that disables dragonrot.

I'm sorry everyone, I don't want you to die for my terribleness.

Kite around it with sanic speed and use firecrackers to stun it

Is the bell demon actually required for anything or does it just give better loot?

They both lose to roll attack cheese

You can clear it.

It just randomly came up and was able to get it. Finally got the right side mask. not for the other two parts

If you aggro him then dive into the water and go back up you can one shot him from stealth.

But user, grandma is very easy

youtu.be/WcYMXlnwWeg

How do you get to the thong with no head? I saw the warning on the building next to the respawn point , but I dont see a clear way down behind it.

>Stomping these edgelords' kicks
Fucking satisfying. Sit the fuck down sasuke. The one at the Mist Raven tower is a pretty easy exp farm if you git gud and can kill him consistently.

Because you fight a lot of ninjas so you can get used to them

Have you reached the point where Ashina is overrun with miniboss posture monsters?

As long as you hold on to it, the game's difficulty is increased and you have a slightly higher chance of getting loot, yes. It's not required for anything.

That's what I was trying but I felt like I was making no progress against his health or posture that way.

There's a grapple hook past the place you see the warning sign.

Keep going forward and you'll see a small cave entrance.

You can clear it pretty easily and it doesn't even do that much you pussy

Can confirm viable strat but it's slow.
Not gonna lie, I kind of like the lmaonostaminabar

>i literally cant beat chained ogre

Wow. I guess I am bad at video games. Everytime I get close he gets me with the lunge grab.

Just keep at it. He suicides at 33% health for instant deathblow gib.

Run until he does the jump attack then charged R1+small r1, repeat until dead

is there any reason to equip non upgraded prosthetic abilities?

Jump nigga. Also oil him up before flame vent to get even more free hits.

>watching him slam your ass into the dirt for like the twelfth time
I love this shit. This is why no gf

Attached: 1536631945618.jpg (1898x2274, 250K)

I saw that grapple point. The tree branch right? I swung on to it, but I didnt see another point to grapple to and my jump didnt reach the cave.

After 2 blocks you can usually attack him quickly enough

Use fire+oil

Where's the best place to farm for skills points/gold?

I don't want to cheese any of the bosses.

I felt like a cuck for stealthing away the first general's first healthbar so I decided I wouldn't be doing that for any of the bosses from now on.

Lemme spin up the game for a webm for you.

Run.

You'll realise that running costs no stamina and you are sanic speed during it. You've just unlocked the secret to dealing with lots of bosses - Souls and Borne made running a non-strategy for traversal and escape, in this game running is a technique you use to win.
It's probably designed to teach you that. Run whilst he's charging, wait for him to slow down, get some hits on his face whilst he's recovering, flashbang for extra stun time, then rinse and repeat. Flashbang has a hidden downtime so you can't chain it, wait 10-20 seconds each time.

If you want to make the fight easier, kill Mrs Butterfield and get her attack upgrade. She's easier than she seems.

Or you can just deflect his swipes and get a free knockdown. The AOE has such a long windup you have a million years to start running away

It's okay user you'll get there, I died to chained ogre far more than I should've as well.
You'll figure out the combat eventually it took me a while as well.

does it make bosses harder?

My fucking shoulders went stiff and my eyes dried out from concentrating so much. This was a Soul-esque boss though.

Attached: 456767.jpg (1916x1052, 481K)

Gun fort idol, you can run back (opposite of centipede giraffe), backstab the shotgun dude, reset back at the idol. Ez 300 xp. Not much gold though (47 IIRC).

this
cardio ftw nice le reddit spacing btw fgt

This is after beating the bull. Softlock?

Attached: Untitled.png (1536x864, 2.59M)

>giant ape lore

theres your million view video, vaati

I would assume so.

I don't cheese the lady, parrys and roll a Lot. The only miniboss i cheese Was the drunk guy

No grapple points? I honestly don't remember how I got out of there.

Okay just killed the bull in like 40 seconds, I just fire crackers him and then kept hitting him in the ass until he managed to run away then did the same again 4 times.

Where do I find the left mask fragment and easy way to get 5k sen?

So right before the chained ogre where the canon guy is theres a door that says doesn't open from this side. How the fuck do you get there?

Jesus christ, I thought the bull was a dumb fight. But this is the worst yet.

>hit a few times
>watch him run around for 2 minutes
>hit a few times
>watch him run around for 2 minutes haha no window this time
>watch him run around for 2 more minutes
>hit a few times

yawn

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 99K)

i thought his sword phase was really easy but he kept fucking me with the spear

best boss in the game, fuck parry

Anyone managed to get the hidden item at the Senpou temple? The second idol, with narrow pathways and manlet assassins. There is a grappling swing point there that throws you at scalable cliffs, but I never manage to reach them and fall down.

Attached: 1552070442926.jpg (501x434, 61K)

for 5k sen pop the gold balloons and go to where the drunkard is in hirata, kill his dudes, cross the stream and kill the dudes where the fire is raging and thats about 1000

>he doesn't know
What a dumb fucking retard.
I have 100% the game now and have only had to cure Dragonrot 4 times, and there's over a dozen consumables to cure it.

After you get on the grapple point, look in front of it, there's a cliff edge you can jump and grab on to. This leads you to the cave.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.24 - 19.50.51.44.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

As far as i'm concerned you should cheese the earlier bosses.
You don't have enough health or healing to actually stay in the fight for long enough to learn anything. You can't take risks, try different techniques, or do anything without being stomped and send back to the Idol.

Once you have Two Bracelets, some Gourd Seeds and the Healing skills, you can actually sustain alot of punishment which means you stay in fights longer which means you actually learn them.

I honestly think this game's learning curve is atrocious. It only gets good once you beat the Bull.

Just wait until the end of the fight. I'm still stuck. I took another game route for now

You mean the path to the bell?

I thought his first phase was fun but the second sucked ass, the third in the cares was fucking retarded when the second mokey dropped in I just let them kill me so I could come back to it later.

almost done with the game so fairly spoiler free screenshot but What are the snake hearts for? I gave the carp in ayylmao land the other bait before the good bait now he is gone and the dude in the vase is a carp.

Attached: 20190324182411_1.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

>get to butterfly
>use all my heals killing her
>phase two starts
What the fuck is the correct way to kill this grandma?

Aw, fuck, I completely missed that. Not the other poster but I was curious too. I didn't encounter headless until sneaking in via the Senpou Temple ninja door

>tfw beat Chained Ogre first try
>tfw didn't even have the flame vent
>go to Yea Forums
>see this post: "I am a Soulsborne veteran and I have been stuck on the chained ogre for literally 3 hours and counting, this game is fucking bullshit"
What is it with this game?

Attached: 1540112371990.gif (156x147, 1005K)

Dong run away from him.
Stay close and try to deflect.
You'll gimp yourself if you run in circles.
Try to remember his animation beforr doing the terror AOE then run away immediately.

Attached: 1550550210922.jpg (540x529, 35K)

how many persimmon do you need to give to rice girl?

Nah, it's before it. There is an assassin blocking the walkway, it's somewhere there, if you look down and forward.

feed them to the girl in the mortality sword temple place

Damn, didnt even see that ledge. Thanks for the the help though.

You kill her. That is about it. I'm also stuck there. When she is up in the air on her shuriken things you can shoot her down with your shuriken. Thats about the best strat you have available to you.

He got really easy once you figured out his moves, his 2nd and 3rd phase just makes him easier too because you have more huge attacks to easily punish. I feel like that a lot with this game, Genichiro was easier in Way of Tomoe because of lightning reversal, Sword Saint is easier on the 2nd phase because of Mikiri counters being extremely easy to spot with his spear attacks and the third phase is the easiest because now he has lightning and you can lightning reversal.

>40 hours in and only now found out you can open a map of the world in the travel screen.

Play aggressively and don't give her a chance to recover posture, deflect her attacks and throw shuikens at her to knock her out of the air, slowly chipping at her health is pointless.

See My vídeo and learn to Parry. Don't stop hitting ver

youtu.be/WcYMXlnwWeg

Do I have to worry about dragonrot affecting the ending or something?

What's the icon above the Spirit Emblem icon?

there should be a grapple point to the right at the top of the stairs, you can also go left and right at the bottom of the stairs

Attached: jaunx.png (971x967, 781K)

Everyone was expecting dark souls including me and got their ass handed to them until they learned to adapt

i hope she doesnt turn into an ayylmao, dont bait me

Attached: 20190324160954_1.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

The third one was the easiest for me because I always found his second phase harder and the second monkey is really easy to deal with and doesn't have all his first phase attacks and they both have lower HP.

Attack twice, then dodge. Do this loop and you'll get alot of free hits in. Keep on her ass at all times.
Shuriken her when she's on wires and she'll eat shit.
Camp her spawn point then just wail on her when she shows up, you can get lots of free hits as she constantly tries to summon illusions.
Flashbang if illusions get too close. If they surround you, just run around until they reset.
Just be relentless in your attacks. Parries are fine but not needed and dodging is actually somewhat useful.

This game is not souls and playing it like souls, i.e. touching the dash button to do anything than dodge big overhead attacks, will get you fucking rekt. Basically being a souls """veteran""" only hurts you.

Shuriken when she is in the air, get a few hits in when you can, like when she drops her leg on you. And use the pillars in the second phase to dodge the orbs.

That would have been good to know 20 hours ago

Attached: Im_So_Tired.png (512x512, 402K)

The snake hearts are used in the ending which has the most requirements to unlock.

upgrade the flamethrower and hit him while hes stunned by the blast

in part 2 you can just parry but part 1 you cant really

How the living fuck am I supposed to beat the last boss? This shit is actually stupid.

Attached: 423423423.png (960x960, 1.21M)

does Blackhat have anything except the fan shield and the skill? He left for Senpou and I can't find him, don't wanna miss out.

HAHA, I'M IN DANGER!

is guardian ape supposed to be this fucking tedious to kill? its taking me 10 fucking minutes to whittle down his health with every attempt only to get oneshotted by his REEEEEEE attack in his 2nd phase whenever I try playing aggressively to get this shitty boss fight over with

Red sugar

run or firecrackers

I mean name one boss that isn't tedious as fuck. Seriously, just one.

Is the Main Hall area of the senwhatever temple the final idol of that area? Everything seems connected and I don't think I can progress any further, its a dead end once you read that catacomb-like area.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.21_[2018.10.13_22.02.44].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

How do I beat the two apes? The finger whistle doesn’t seem to help

I just don't get it. I see people calling others who found the game easier than souls trolls or liars. It's like if they can't do it then it simply must be because it's bullshit and not because they're just bad and all their fag ass "Souls Veteran pride"

see

Use firecrackers to get free hits, also fuck his grab hitbox, I had to start recording just to make just I wasn't imagining myself teleport into my hand

she wanted kakis instead, im confused now.

I dont know if the ai sperged out, but Butterfly was a total joke for me, killed her on second try. I just spammed doge and she never hit me with any air moves and she kept kicking the air after I evaded her.

Attached: 1353597600202.jpg (446x402, 16K)

Genichiro, Sword Saint Isshin, Corrupted Monk, Oniwa, Lady Butterfly, Divine Dragon, Great Shinobi Owl.

what makes people mad is that you HAVE to play the game the way FROM wants you to play it. It's not a sandbox anymore, just a linear game with required skills that some people do not or will not learn.

What's the best mindset for combat? Never played a From game before. I feel like I'm either mashing attack too much and die or dodge too much and die.

How the fuck do you beat Juuzou the Drunkard? Also, what's the deal with dragonrot, what is it and how does it negatively affect the game apart from having to hear a few coughs?

>owl:obey the iron code, forsake your master
>oh right, i couldn't disobey the iron code last time, i'll just obey to expediate things
>you can disobey the iron code
I don't have any backup saves and im stuck in this shitty edgelord route getting filtered hard by isshin, is it time for me to drop this fucking game

Well you can also abuse the AI and completely ignore posture, although running around in circles poking down their healthbars for 15 minutes is hardly fun or skillful either

The ones on that list that i have fought are all tedious as fuck. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

You gotta beat Genichoro. Then the story will advance to the locations you already explored a bit. You'll also get the key for the sunken valley then.

it's not linear

Is there a pleb filter in this thread? Where's all the bitching about the difficulty?

How long is the game? I want to buy it, but I heard it's like 12gb.

I talked to rice loli in the monkey area what do I do now? where is that senpou monk cave?

Attached: 1513439039037.png (303x311, 165K)

How the FUCK do I beat snake eyes? That grab attack is complete bullshit desu

anybody at donkey kong and dixie kong

holy shit is this a joke

get in her fucking face. every swing she does in retaliation is super fast, so you can reliably just hit parry when her animation starts

Drunkard is easy.

Just take out his mooks one by one (you can reset their aggro), once they're all dead you can stealth-blow Juzou himself.

Then, run and get the Samurai to assist you. With you both ganking him, he eats shit.

Got the Senpou scroll and the letter I'm supposed to take to another one of those divine kids, is there anything else to find in this area of the temple or can I get the fuck out of here? These centipede monk monsters are horrifying.
ROOOOBBBEEEEERRRRRRTTTTTTOOOOO

Yeah I’m at them right now

where did you find the letter?

Reminder that if you didnt spend everybossfight constantly attacking only to stop for parries, mikiri counters or swipe jumps you havent experienced true sekino

Attached: 1551418802477.jpg (479x564, 125K)

They never die from it. All it does is lower unseen aid chance and not let you progress their sidequest until it's cured. Just cure it and focus on the bull. Firecrackers will stun him.

A monk in the main hall of the temple gave it to me, next to the bonfire.

That is exactly what i mean when i say you HAVE to play it From's way. And some people do not like parry spamming and slashing to do 1/100th of a bosses healthbar so you can build posture faster and get a deathblow. That is this entire games gameplay loop and if you don't like that kind of thing, then it isnt the game for you.

Already killed his ass and the dude in the well. I guess i just needed some coffee.

>He doesn't do the First Try bossfight strat
oh no no no

Sorry user I don't want to die too much, running it is

Attached: 1421020830014.jpg (645x773, 57K)

Was Sekiro made by the B team or A team? I imagine Miyazaki is directing whatever else they have since he only had a small role in Sekiro's development.

okay, HOW IN THE FUCK is nobody having problems with the blazing bull? I can parry any attack but this thing just runs spamming attacks non-stop, I have enough time to attack 1 literally one time until he just goes 360º and hits me with an attack that reaches 30 km around him, dashing doesn't do shit, sprinting around just makes him go even faster and jumping makes him go spactic and spam attacks around himself

Ok, I don't think I can beat Sword Saint. Utter bullshit of a fight.

I think it was a new team

What's the first try strat?

If it's not a B-Team game then I wonder what the fuck "A-Team" means anymore.

The game is fine but it's devoid of content and has done absolutely nothing to justify why that is.

Sprint after it. When it's rampaging just follow it while sprinting and make sure you're behind its head when its turning and get in a couple of swipes.

Literally hold down sprint and never let go, even when you attack. He won't ever hit you.

run charged r1 or shadowrush if unlocked

did you manage to get one of them down yet

Stop parrying, kite that nigga by just sprinting around him and hitting him in the back, also abuse firecrackers for free hits

you have to hug his ass and get him when after he charges and is turning around. use firecrackers to make it staggered for like 3 seconds. just keep running around and playing matador with it

Literally just run around in a circle with him slapping his ass. It's the most bullshit and unfun boss but that is just the way it is. Also, get the firecrackers.

I feel the same way, when I fought sword saint Isshin it still felt like there should've been another 1/4 of the game left.

>tfw NG+
What the heck bros. I thought I would get new prayer beads from old bosses. I only got 8 necklaces from NG.

I don't know if I got lucky but when I beat him I just mashed R1 into his side, he kept doing frontal attacks and completely missing, then when he turned I turned with him. Felt like fighting an armored boar in DaS1 honestly.

A lot of people did. Try to move to his sides and attacking him that way since he can only run head-on, and use the firecrackers if you're really having too much trouble.

Parrying was my ticket to winning that fight. A lot of other people suggest disabling lock on and running around him or something, but I managed just fine by parrying, running behind/alongside him, and attacking him while he turned.

Honestly I am a pathetic casual and I fucking destroyed the bull.
I think you're just messing up your timing, if you run like a mad cunt then he will eventually slow down to regain his bearings, that's when you get hits in and then an extra spicy flashbang for some extra free hits. He takes more damage on the head so hit him there.

lmao he did the same thing on the final boss too

You're such a fucking idiot.

I don't find this game to be as insanely difficult as most people say. I'm not dying at any boss encounters over 5 times minimum as was the norm for all the Souls game, I'm noticeably improving with every new area. Anyone else? It's still hard as shit but not even close to O&S-tier yet

What bosses have you fought?

Where are you in the game?

>if you run like a mad cunt then he will eventually slow down to regain his bearings, that's when you get hits in and then an extra spicy flashbang for some extra free hits

that's when he does the little drifting right? im trying to do that but he moves so fucking much that If I hit the head and not his side he instantly counters it

You literally just need to chip him and continue running. 1 or 2 hits and run over and over until he is dead.

Lads help me im stuck, at the literal end of the game where i have to go back to the Ashina Reservoir but i cant find the fucking way there now, the Idol is out and the hole you spawned in is blocked by a grate.

what am I missing.

>mfw great shinobi: owl
15 minutes straight of parrying and dodging, I'm running a fucking victory lap

Attached: 1561534.png (508x451, 547K)

please

anyone know what the precious bait is used for? I don't know what bell it's referring to

corrupted monk

horse boss was fun but ez

None of the “tips” offered for Butterfly actually work. She jumps and the camera spazzes out and I lose sight of her. What a great game this is.

>Beat Castle asshole.
>Now get story missions in zones I've already explored.
Do they really expect you to beat 3 health bars asshole before going to those areas?

Attached: iori 32441234324.png (300x243, 88K)

this fight is so boring, and sometimes he just goes at sanic speed and I can't reach him before he turns around, it's like 6 minutes running around doing 0 mistakes, feels awful to fight

You give it to the old ladys father who feeds it to the carp which kills it

How do I offer this to the idol?

Are you locking on? If you are, don't.

>tfw keep dying to the rooster in ashina outskirts

is the rest of the game this hard bros

Attached: 1549301232489.png (619x615, 341K)

Are the red signs different between swipe/jump/thrust?
nips are avantaged it's not fair

Then quickly then the camera and retarget her, git gud you slow ass retard

I got 9 Prayer bead necklaces right now and am at the last boss, but it looks like there's room for more.

unbelievably pleb

what is unseen aid?

This game feels like Ac x Nioh and I love it

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY PUT A MINIBOSS IN A CRAMPED WELL
I KEEP GETTING SHOVED INTO CORNERS AND UNABLE TO ACTUALLY SEE ANYTHING THATS HAPPENING
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1515820002326.png (1070x601, 507K)

im about to fight owl. i have both snake viscera and i have fed the divine child of rejuvenating waters multiple persimmons. do i have to beat owl in order for her to want to eat the viscera? i have already gotten the 'bad' ending and would like the good ending.

nope

poorly designed fight but it isn't a hard one. It and Guardian Ape are literally constantly sprint and chip them since they aren't viable to fight from the front

wait till you get to the rooster family in hirata estate.

talk to emma after activating dragonrot, she will give you the quest to cure it.

Just deflect, forehead.

this is why they make some of arenas the size of a closet. so you cant just run in circles.

F O R S A K E
O
R
S
A
K
E

Attached: 1529095717222.png (1920x1042, 2.86M)

No the sign is just generally for an unblockable. You need to read the attack.

No

where do you get firecrackers? i only have shuriken

a % chance you dont lose half your money and experience when you die

It's up to you, but yeah. I did Genichiro before those areas and he was not that hard. What's difficult about him is that he's a skill-check that requires you to actually play the game effectively instead of skimping out on deflects and mixing in some souls style gameplay with your once in a while deflect.
Genichiro is 100% Sekiro, and once you learn that he's not very difficult.

the chad ending

Yeah you can ledge hang after the grappling point
It eventually leads to the pure white "flower" and the bell demon

I'm in the same boat as you bud. Whenever she actually goes for an attack from the wire is when you need to shoot your shuriken at her. It knocks her on her ass and gives her posture damage. Other than that just parry her 3 combo and hit her 2 times afterwards. Second stage i have no tips because i cannot for the life of me catch a break.

The shinobi hunter in the well had the dumbest most fucked camera ever. The only boss so far I thought had something absolutely un acceptable.

spoiler that shit nigger

Chance not to lose any gold/skill point progress when you get rekt.

Just run circles around him. He's fucking easy in both phases, in phase 2 you can actually parry him properly to break his posture instead of just breaking his health bad

hahahahahaha

Really? The rooster?
Jesus christ, the roosters are literally like basic dreg mooks in souls and takes like 2 hits before posture break.

>I'm a big baby when it comes to anything horror related
>Abandoned Dungeon
>"Zombies" all over at the entrance

Man, I hate this.

Attached: cat.jpg (501x544, 66K)

okay. Where do you get the Spear tool? The locked paths when upgrading are driving me crazy now

Why are you even in these threads if you don't want o see spoilers?

Just you wait. Literally every boss i've fought has been a total fucking slog until you eventually win on a fluke.

you gonna have fun in the village.

DODGE FIRST-R1-dodge-r1-dodge-r1-dodge-r1 etc. etc. This keeps her in a quasi-perpetually-staggered state which she only breaks out of occasionally.

Second phase, run away from the ghosts and wait for them to disappear, hide behind a column when she sends the butterflies flying at you, then engage her the same as in phase 1.

boys help

Is it possible to kill the second serpent? The one in the lair. I already got the item in the house, just wondering

Well I've officially died to blazing bull more than from every other boss combined. I give up. What's le ebin secret to beating him? Don't say the firecrackers they are fucking useless.

its a help thread not a discussion thread

No.

They're actually one of the shittiest aspects of this game and I have no idea what From were thinking. If you see an unblockable coming, you need to focus on the WEAPON not have your view obstructed by a giant red moon-rune that distracts you.
A sound cue and a MGR-esque effect is much more appropriate than a super casual "woah watch out" indicator that actually makes things harder in the process.

This. Also shuriken.

I'm 19hrs in and I literally haven't found a boss after the Lady Butterfly.

I've been to Hidden Forest, Mibu Village (currently fighting the O'rin woman, no idea how to kill her), Senpou Temple Main Hall and Demon Bell... is this normal?

where is tengu at after he moves from the second spot?

>al this anons talking about sprinting
>google it
>there really is a sprint feature
HOLY FUCK. No wonder I had so much trouble with bull and generally trying to generate distance to chug some sake.

I'm trying to not cheese so i actually learn but thanks.

Welcome to the chad running gang

imagine selecting the first option

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.23M)

How many sippies should I have for Grandma? And is 2 attack enough?

>none of the tips offered work
>offer a tip that works
>UHHH NOT THAT ONE OK

Suit yourself.

the secret is you play like dark souls, run in circles and then hit his butt when he stops. theres literally nothing else to the boss.

>Spear tool
when youre on the bridge jump down and travel back to where the game started
its the same bridge your snuck past in at the start
spear tool is in the building that you crouched under at the start, you get the key to open the door when you kill the 2 niggas on the bridge

i had to google it too
it feels good to go fast

>mfw the game asks you to jump down a dark as fuck hole/cave multiple times
man i legit stood there for 5 mins straight just going paranoid about what could be down there
when i encountered a flipping wall that lead me to another dark cave, i immediately heard one of those headless fuckers, did a 180 and noped the fuck out. environment is too dark.

Attached: 1430023711839.jpg (872x964, 255K)

The snake hearts are used for the canon ending.

You must talk to the divine when she moves to the Hall of Illusions and take her quest. It happens some time after Owl appears in the Castle.

I'm not that guy.........Why doesn't Yea Forums have ID's?

dragonrot is a non issue. don't worry about it, NPCs won't die because of it. As you play the game you get more and more droplets to cure dragonrot. I have around 10 with me.

The way I defeated the drunkard was I talked with the NPC by the water, charged right in, used the axe to kill the enemies with the shield first and then swiftly killed everyone else while the boss was aggroed. The boss itself is one of the easiest in the game. You can legitimately play it like any Souls boss by just spamming dodge.

What's the best prosthetic to upgrade to the final tier?

Probably not. I'm more impressed, actually. You've still fought a fair number of pretty tough minibosses.

Nope. He gets a to chill forever.

Where the heck can if find vault over?

i did it
i beat the monkey couple
holy shit stay dead you nasty bithc

>Corrupted Monk
If I could just stop fucking up I know I could do it practically without getting hit.
I could farm for stuff to make it much easier but that feels like admitting defeat.

Attached: 1397430019279.png (591x536, 205K)

Does Dragonrot do anything but reduce unseen aid chance? Can people did from it?

How the FUCK do I beat Guardian Ape?

>Beat his ass
>SHINOBI EXECUTION
>Empty on items but I won
>It moves
>Deathrow?
>Pick up its head and wields a katana
>Round 2 faggot
Game is so damn unfair.

Her fucking posture instantly fills up. Camera spazzes out, I lose for a second, and bam, posture is full.

There has to be a skill that increases posture damage right?
Cause I'm at the Monk/O'Rin fight and I can't keep up.

Run to the top right corner and dodge around him in circles poking his ass

Cracker him every 20 seconds. It does not work if you spam it.

mini bosses havent really given me a lot of trouble. only that purple asshole in the game's starting point gave me some trouble because of the very restricted space you have to fight him. o feel o'rin is gonna fuck me up though. can barely damage her and her posture regens really fast

afflicted traders cant do anything until healed
it probably kills them at some point too.

Firecrackers for phase 1, parrying and distance for phase 2. I may be mistaken but I don't think headless enemies can recover posture. If that's wrong, I'm sorry.

You get the ability to dive later in the game.
And a ton of alternate carp scale locations.

if you let it get too high certain characters will die which makes the game unwinnable

decrease health to reduce postue regen.

>tfw sculptor and Isshin calls me a true shinobi for finding my own path after breaking Owl's iron code

Attached: 1537540090588.jpg (900x900, 39K)

>Genichrio or however you spell the faggots name
>Original plan was to punish him with the Ichimonji combat art to lower his posture quickly when he jumps on the air and slams Dow
>Works
>Try it again after dying to his second phase
>He immediately does his perilous attack after slamming down which he never did before
YOU FUCKING NIGGER. BE CONSISTENT OR FUCK OFF.

Attached: 1528066640611.jpg (1800x1097, 379K)

There is a skill that increases posture damage on deflect and another that increases pdamage for a few seconds after deflect, yes.

Same honestly. I always hate those underground areas in Souls games. It was even worse in BB with all the spooky places.

All of them. But I would take the shuriken if only one.

Lapis can be found in the final area of the game

Mercury comes from the flamethrower soldier by the flame thrower shrine.

>Can people did from it?
I'm positive that they can't. Granted I haven't recieved dragonrot for over 10 hours now. I only got it two times and then I got good and never died again - ressurection is there for a reason. Played for about 3 hours with the old lady's son infected with dragonrot and he didn't die. I died many times to the bull and other mini bosses but he never died.

No one dies.

What happens if i knock a mini boss off a cliff? do I lose the prayer bead?

dont be intimitated by the huge ass spear just keep parrying, even if your posture breaks you get send back a bit so its not likely she will hit you, learn to properly counter the sweep attack and do makiri counters and its a very easy fight.

I swear most of you don't even read the tips that come up.

>try like 8 attempts to kill sniper whore via actual intended means of parrying/dodging and using the posture mechanic
>can't do fucking shit
>go back and try just running around like a souls shit head and baiting openings to get in a hit and then proceed to run around more
>kill her first try

Attached: 47d.jpg (4685x2457, 313K)

You get it anyway

Where so you find Isshin after the ninjas invade? Same place as before?

>aggro some statue/centipede monk dude
>pop up comes up that says you can Mid-Air deathblow jumping enemies
the fuck? I didn't know this

You have to deal some health damage as well.
There's literally a giant pop up tutorial telling you that the lower HP an enemy has the higher posture damage they take.

This game truly exposes Nioh as the piece of casual shit it always was.

>They never die from it
Oh my gosh yes
Yes this is a weight off my mind
So wait couldn't I wait till near the end of he game and then heal everyone so I can. Go back and do their quests?

yes, he's with emma in his room. eavesdrop them from outside the room for extra dialogue.

Yes. If you have unlocked the final skill in one of the four trees you get the fifth and final tree as well which is OP and fun from him.

Kek, didn't realise you could mikiro his kick. Would have made the fight in the hole a lot simpler.
>fuck you broke my leg

did the game ever tell you that's not a playstyle that you can use
if it wasn't intentional they wouldn't have a health bar. doing it that way just makes it take much longer

>have to fight Headless AGAIN

i absolutely refuse. is there a way i can cheese him? is he weak to something im missing?

>ran around for an hour for a 3 minute fight

nice one

Lady owl. Because she's early enough that tools are useful still and she's not just a fucking parry storm like the late game bosses

apparently not. I knocked off the cannon bitch in front of the gun fort and she just respawned

It's a skill from blackhat badger

Nioh had some fucking hard bosses.

Anyway on how to get it?

Is it bugged at all? I got rid of mine but I have been getting a ton of crafting parts.

Only hit him when he teleports behind you, get away from him at all other times

Divine Confetti makes your attacks against apparition enemies stronger, but it's somewhat rare. The blue samurais in Ashina Castle drop it though

Never had that tip pop up, faggot.

You will need a truck load of confetti if you do this strat

No, after you beat isshin you get one of the endings. There are four. You're locked into the baddie rout but there's always NG+

So do I. It's called probability.

>making wolf betray his foster father
>not remembering the iron code

>fought the one in the village
>fuck this i need a break
>go use my new underwater dive in the castle
>another headless underwater

Attached: 1458346938760.gif (720x480, 1.37M)

>"""""sword"""""" saint
>Uses a spear and a fucking gun
Miyazaki the absolute madman

I beat my first headless with just three. Don't know how the rest of the headless fights go, but I doubt you need more than four. He is pretty squishy.

his bond with kuro is stronger than his with owl. owl also backstabs sekiro at hirata estate after beating butterfly. he's not to be trusted. he only wants power for himself.

15-30 hours depending on the content you do and if you can git gud.

You get filtered pretty fucking early on but the hardest bosses seem to be Hoot Hoot, Drunk Fatty (not even a real boss but surrounded by adds), Edgeboi, old man mcfuckyourshit, and Monkey Trouble 2 electric boogaloo

Your words of encouragement and a short food break were apparently all I needed to win; only getting hit like two times.

>mfw i suck so bad that a bunch of NPCs i havent met yet have the dragonrot

Attached: 1530533417578.jpg (544x565, 45K)

The bad end is kino though, easily the best bad end FROM has ever done. They are usually just fucking lazy and throw a cutscene in and its over

I didn't bother curing dragonrot for like 15 hours and no one died. I think the beginning of the game causes misunderstanding, since the timid maid and her son can get dragonrot, but will always die after you finish the memory whether they have it or not. People get their shit pushed in by granny butterfly and assume those two die as a result which isn't true.

One other thing, is that if a character gets locked out of all quest progression, the stack of dragonrot will disappear from your inventory because there's no point in locking them down anymore. For example, if you kill O'Rin before you either send the samurai to her or send him to the dungeon, then the dragonrot will disappear because he'll go hostile and attack you the next time you talk to him.

I found out about that fucker early when I noticed an enemy with boss health pip under the water and managed to hit him with a shuriken from above.

>tfw lost after getting martial arts book

How fantastical does this game get? The ogre was very, very, very barely fantasy. Jormungandr was fucking awesome and intense, but I haven't seen anything else out-there since then. Generic Sengoku-era Japanese guards and buildings aren't doing it for me. Where are the monsters and demons? Where's the horror? When do I descend into hell?

So what's the secret to beating that weird magic dude in the dungeon?
I also sent the dude by the well down to the dungeon. I'm guessing he's doomed, but it happens.
This game is a lot of fun. I just wanna see some new environments. It's just the generic Ashina stuff, the castle, the dungeon, and the estate. When do I get some more locations to explore? I just entered the castle from the rooftop window. My only complaint with this game so far is that the areas are all so similar looking, but that's probably just because I haven't even seen half of them.

Attached: 1488127370772.jpg (1023x1073, 121K)

someone explain which japanese myth this giant rope man is a reference to

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

so i got to the top of the monestary and got the esoteric technique there and the mcguffin for whoever from the guy near that statue, but is there anywhere further to go in this area? because i'm getting stumped.

the midget trader in the old tombs idol? i didnt buy it from him though

I am now in the deeps of ash-whatever. And it looks like I am waay too weak for that shit. Attk is 2 and hü is +1. Should I just farm or go back and try butterfly?

I dont get it, the iron code was protecting and serving your master no? If I dont stay loyal I break the code.

I love that they absolutely abandon logic and he just oulls a fucking giant spear out of the ground and somehow has a fucking semiautomatic pistol in fuedal Japan

But what the FUCK happens exactly? Why does he climb out of Genichiro? Why's a nigga inside another nigga?

Are there secret doors before the drunk guy?

>kick is classified as a "thrusting attack"
nice one miyazaki
literally what the fuck

Why is jinsuke doing damage through my deflect/block? I don't remember any other enemy or boss doing this

Where do I get hits umbrella prosthetic thing? I hear people talk about it and that it shoots fucking beams out or something

Lmao what the fuck was the point of the flute playing alien in the hidden forest?

the iron code is to be loyal to one's father. sekiro swore an immortal oath to kuro and it's your choice as the player which one has more value to you.

OOOOHHHHH, I just tried dodging kicks, didn't realize they counted as stabs. This changes everything.

ayyyyyy

Based runner

Any good skills to get asap?

So does anyone have any tips for Sword Saint or am I just supposed to run around in a circle and poke him for 20 minutes?

He can do nothing or the thrust or the sweep after the jump stab, just watch for it and don't Ichimonji so early. There's enough time for one during his recovery no matter which one he does.

i think theres one right after him

It's coming. You can literally stumble across a headless fucking ghost if you go right Instead of straight at the small castle after the shackled ogre. And things get wierder the further you go in the game u til you're fighting fucking fish people

how do I spirit away the monk in senpu?

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/藁人形
this i guess

Protecting your master was the second rule.
First rule was loyalty to his father.

What the fuck I just dodged their kicks and raged a few times when I was next to a wall and couldn't.

wut?

So, what's the verdict on yhe strongest boss?I put my chips on corrupted monk

>So what's the secret to beating that weird magic dude in the dungeon?
apply confetti
apply pacifier
jump down
sprint towards him
attack attack attack
he jumps back
sprint towards him
repeat
he does big double orb attack
sprint sideways until they dissipate
repeat forever

in 2nd phase he has a kamehameha attack. if you have the feather tool you can dodge the entirety of it

Dodge forward and to the right, press the attack button after to do that sweeping thing. Doesn't take too long.

holy shit why is this cannon bitch so hard. I am using the poison knife but takes a fuck ton of hits just to poison her.

Foreshadowing
Shit gets wierd

This sounds great, guess I'll keep trekking on. I want it to go full-on bonkers like Bloodborne

Attached: 1467202401635.jpg (262x206, 9K)

Drop from the bridge in ashina castle maybe?

prosthetic tool
The ayylmaos make sense later

read the description for divine abduction

>classified as a type of "spiriting away"

i found this out by accident and insta killed a giant

Old Tomb idol in Hisaka Castle or whatever. A midget atop a building sells it (to the left of the fuckwad firing a cannon in the tower)

How do I destroy shinobi hunter? Chained Ogre was far easier than this guy. Is the low thrust a counter to Mikiri, or do I just do it way too early and I get stabbed regardless?

Mikiri counter
Ascending and Descending carp
Grapple attack
Chasing slash

I found that one so I was wondering if I missed any from earlier in the game

Without too many spoilers, how can I avoid getting the bad ending? PLS RESPOND

WRONG.
>get lilac umbrella
>hold R2
>get near him
>press R1
>repeat

are the infinite buff tht uses spirt emblems same power as the finite?

You can find and explore Ashina depths, Sunken Valley, and Senpou Temple right now, but they're all mandatory anyway

Uh guys can someone put a summon sign down near the guardian ape? I'm needing some help here...

Attached: 1430337103692.jpg (2085x2399, 1.7M)

I'll try it thanks

You sword fight a dragon
The dragon has a fucking sword and you fight it
By throwing lightning at it

GeniChiro is ez once you learn the game, got him to second phase first try, killed in second

Attached: 1474863421834.jpg (735x850, 122K)

Bloodborne 2

Stay loyal to your shota master no matter what.

I'm lost too.
Apparently, there's a boss fight inside the temple or something?
Also, you can get to that big ass bell tower that you can see from the armored knight fight.
Have no idea what happens when you ring the bell.
Did you get to the top of ashiana castle yet? What about sunken valley?

>Ascending and Descending carp
Which ones are these and what do they do?

I just found the scented stone and I remember something about bridal shit and getting eaten, is this where it happens?
Am I just too early to do it because nothing is happening.

Nobles coveting divinity and immortality fucking up is the plot of the entire game, dragon blood is basically this game's ayylmao bloodborne equivalent

That's basically what I did, too. Don't let up.

FOLLOW THE SHINOBI CODE NO MATTER WHAT

Right, but last time I did it he just chewed right through it. I can get through without it now since I'm too afraid to try it anymore without risking hitting stabbed

anyone?

Attached: original_result.png (512x512, 601K)

The Dragon is also a tree.

Thrusts are countered by mikiri, sweeps are countered by jump then jump to kick off their face. Clear the adds first by stealth stabbing, running away, then repeating

Rooster unironically kill me more than all the other random mooks in the game, I panick when the jump and get stunlocked to death

>every titty streamer quits the game game at the shinobi hunter
I like going to there streams just to laugh at how useless they really are.

How do I dodge Headless's "teleports behind u" grab attack? I've only got 3 confetti left.

guy who had problems with the bull here, just destroyed him

so basically, stay close to a wall, stay far from the bull, wait for him to charge you, he will collide with the wall and do the little drift, attack 2-3 times and keep running for 5-6 minutes because you do poor piss damage

amazing and interesting boss design FromSoft, truly the greatest, are the rest of the bosses gonna be like this?

Attached: 1519640909741.gif (267x200, 1.59M)

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I bet he's somehow connected to the Divine Dragon the game talks about all the time

>Have no idea what happens when you ring the bell.
literally nothing. you get an item that makes every enemy harder to get more loot.

well Yea Forums?

Attached: D2dyK9lU4AA8-rR[1].jpg (1152x1152, 105K)

thanks senpai

is this useful?
also the corrupted monk is one of the best designed bosses from has ever made

Attached: file.png (650x795, 920K)

Killed the Great Shinobi but I can't eavesdrop on Emma and Isshin to get the second bell. What gives?

Attached: 654756767.jpg (1924x1050, 323K)

Wouldn't be a from game if you weren't fighting the camera

i dont get the point of this move tbqh

I picked to go against kuro at the end and I can't change my decision. All this hard-work down the drain. What an awful design and choice. I thought I'd still be able to go to the divine realm

Attached: 1553424848623.jpg (820x514, 102K)

So i found a pretty big glitch/bug.

When you defeat the fire bull, after you reset the game the door to the bull will be closed with no way to pass from either side. The only way to travel the area is via statues.

I had no idea the confetti gave me extra damage against those enemies..

i literally fought the one in the cave by constantly parrying every single attack, thinking he was only supposed to get damaged by the execute

holy fuck i cant believe this

Attached: 1539429683219.png (349x369, 169K)

anyone a slight hint what this old faithful hag is talking about dried fruit and monkey dance after you give her rice?

That's what you get for being a retard.

For using a ninjutsu technique, sure.

Worthless. You can deathblow everyone from the front once they're staggered anyways

>I picked to go against kuro
retard

After first boss - the dude on the horse - explore the area and you'll meet tengu. Tengu tasks you with Killin some rats - actually midgit dudes who you find not too far away if you resumed progressing towards ashahina gates. If you run into to the bull you've gone too far. Anyway, kill the midgits, return to tengu and he gives you a technique book

Both Carp skills increase the poise damage you do to enemies after partying and counter attacking, they're 2 and 1 skp respective, and are basically necessary to finish the game if you aren't some kind of fucking robot.

You return later

Ring the bell no not the hard mode one. If you can't then advance the storyline and come back later

Are there any differences in these choices?

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 01.57.48.37.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

I think it's purely for the "activate from stealth kill" skills which are also pointless.

Merchant around the old lady who gave you the bell

allows you to use your Ninja art for exemple puppet
this is pretty broken in a team fight

Now that's fucking satisfying.

What's this dragonrot thing? Is it gonna kill all my NPCs or something if I die too many times?

how did you give her the rice? i have multi colored rice in my inventory but i cant give her anything.

>pick the bad end
>"what the fuck guys why did I get the bad end"

Does dragonrot have ANY effect on the ending of the game?

ninjitsu
You'll know what monkey.

No.
>Yes
>No (Yes)
It doesn't matter what is picked, Wolf ends up agreeing to help.

Can I get some tips on Isshin so I can finally uninstall this incredibly unfun videogame?

Attached: 1552518075220.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Puppet make some of the minibosses completely trivial

yes retard

There's 2 bad endings, one you get by siding with Dad, the other you get by completing game as normal (well this one isn't so much bad as bitter sweet) there are two other endings more convoluted to get

the second one is better because you get a cute scene where kuro bows to you and asks you again, you do it.

Just do the running chad start

What the fuck was the point of the armored warrior?He is definitely alive.is he gonna be dlc

Attached: 22158853-136135833674754-83855048861286400-n-2018052819545677.jpg (544x680, 112K)

The blood mist skill is extremely helpful.

That Samurai with a bunch of riflemen with him after the bull was pretty tough. I just couldn't seem to get the deflect timing down, I've struggled with all of these enemy types. Any tips?

first try strat

Did you speak to the divine heir (female)?
Does she have Dragonrot?

locks you into a bad end
doesn't matter if you cure it

It's a glitch, you have to use the statues to get past it. It's happening to a lot of people.

This webm exemplifies everything great about this game. One of the few games where you can actually exert mastery in clear terms. Ginichiro was a highlight and one of my favorite bosses in games period.

Theres this long charging thrust he has, I guess I'll just do as you suggest and stealth around then mikiri whenever he's attacking me and I see a red popup.

No, the rest of the bosses are spamming party then dodging unblockables then chip dmg then repeat for 20 minutes

>forsake the only reason you're going to the divine realm
>"wtf why cant i go"

use your brain next time

>Pick help Kuro
>mr Sekiro literally just tells me that I can't pick that and break the iron code
What was the point of that

Just wait until you get to the Ashiana clan leader, Genichiro, or the armored knight.

Attached: 1547617956408.jpg (535x432, 59K)

Yes but some characters could die from story progression or going too far in the game can make their sidequest impossible.

has anyone made a list of all divable spots

After killing horseyboi go up the large staircase to right of the budda, in the building at the top is a tall guy with a funny mask who asks you to kill some dworfs. Kill them and he'll give you the skill book for it.

is new game plus more challeging?

wait so if someone gets dragonrot at all during the playthrough, I'm getting the bad ending? What if I cure before going into the final stages of the game

Just finish the game then go into ng+

pls respond

I've read that the Samurai by the well you start the game at in Ashina can be told to go help the Looter who sells salt but I can't seem to get the option to come up. I'm only given the option to lure him to the Surgeon in the Dungeon, which I'd rather not do. Is there some sort of trigger I'm missing?

I figured it'd be another one of these bosses. God I hate this game.

Attached: 1552981572908.png (720x717, 565K)

no clue what bell you're talking about, and i came here... almost directly, i guess. i feel like i'm not quite supposed to be here yet, but fuck it.

There's a 2nd time and it actually matters there

why wouldn't you help your lovely shota lord end his existential crisis. to live with the thought that people will continuously fight for your blood for your entire life would be hellish. help the kid out.

Does anyone know how to fix the blazing bull glitch. Once you defeat him and leave the area the doors are closed again from both ends.

for me I think it was Ishinn

going for a comfy walk UwU
damn it feels good to walk my wife

Attached: 20190325003608_1.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

dont be a bitch and fight like a man
youtube.com/watch?v=ei2dx016t5g

He's lying. No. Dragon rot just prevents you from advancing that NPCs quest lines or using their services. Certain NPCs are necessary to get the two hidden endings. The game has 4 endings. None of them are locked by dragonrot.

How do you fight the Demon of Hatred? Also, how do you get to the second version of Hirata Estate? Pls help.

So you've met the priest dude in the main hall that talks about Divine Children, right? There's a bell on the table in front of him

thank you user

it's if too many people get rot. doesn't matter if you cure it, just if so many instances of it occur. and because this game is terrible the rot spread is pure rng

>they didnt use cheat engine for comfy easy mode

Isshin is boring and kind of a pain in the ass. Emma is dumb though. Both intense and great. It just sucks I won't ever go to the divine realm

What do you lads think of Sekiro in general, at first I hated it but when the combat clicked I found myself having a good time, which is basically what happened when I played dark souls for the first time. The only dissappointment to me was the music and if there is a sequel I'd like to see some customisation, even if the armour you pick up has no stats and is just cosmetic I miss being able to make myself look all pretty.
I'd place it as my second favorite fromsoft game.

Attached: 1534854274717.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

I seriously almost kill her but those faggot snipers shot me to death

based

Kuro is a little fag though. The ending doesn't even make sense because emma and isshin both know they can't kill sekiro

oh damn, i'll go check. might have completely missed that.
yeah, the guy that gives you some text about immortality, right? also just found the shinobi escape route spot.

stop lying on the internet, faggot.

Literally jump once after he disappears, he won't even do the grab

k guys how do i get into the fog temple so i can slay enemy of buddha

I was having fun at first but the further I'd get the more tedius.
Honestly only fun part of the game beyond the first couple hours was fighting Genichiro at the castle.

Are you talking about the monkey you control to distract the snake? If so, you can just use mist Raven and teleport past the snake instead of getting the ninjutsu

No idea on Hirata Estate, but fire Demon of Hatred, I just made it to the third attempt. Don't lock on. Dodge into it's feet. Deflect feet attacks. Always stay close, when it does the charging attack to jump, when running towards either bait the fireball throw or catch up to it by sprinting towards it if you have the time and short distance.

That's how I got to the third stage using barely any recovery items. Third stage can go fuck itself.

It's called honor, senpai

How do you use items? This game's version of pebbles suck ass, 99% of the time the enemies don't hear them, also what about the ash item?

meant for

Music is forgettable as fuck and parries are way too good and easy to perform
Everything else is ok-good

>Demon of hatred
Rip sculptor

you can't stop me faggot.

>game tells me to use blood droplet
>use blood droplet
>literally nothing happens, item wasted
>"Oh, you were supposed to use it at a statue."

Attached: 1553219637148.jpg (661x614, 20K)

Thanks mate.

You get the flower after the ape. You get the stone from the monk

god damn i'm bad at finding other sides to the "doors does not open from this side". I've got one in the main hall of the senpou temple, the one by the old grave in ashina castle and another one somewhere in ashina castle

Ash is low key great especially early on or vs minibosses. It's basically pocket sand and gives you a chance to get a free hit in or use a charged attack

>How do you fight the Demon of Hatred?
Run around in circles and away from him for 20 minutes and look for openings after he does his big attacks. It's one of the few bosses in the game you don't want to parry or get anywhere close to.
Not sure what you're talking about the second version

are the seven spears guys danger attacks thrusts or sweeps? I can't counter those fucking things

What do I do with the snake hearts?I'm at the corrupted monk should i go somewhere first ?

Attached: b3c3427fa34966cfd34ca470dae1befd.png (1200x900, 753K)

found no bell, the table in front of him just has a couple of gilded flowers. guess it's for later, then.
i was so tempted to ring the hardmode bell, but i'm already getting my shit pushed.

we already stopped you, retard.

>talk to the old lady in the building later
>oh you've defeated the demon do you know who he was?
>nope
Sekiro isn't too smart is he.

what is the maximum about of prayer necklaces?

both

I had the opposite experience, I found it tedious at first since I didn't have many heals or much health, but as I got further and could take more punishment I started taking more risks and having fun.

You get a freebie from doctor waifu
Both, gonna need to learn to read book or at least recognize the difference in the signal kanji
Snake hearts are for one of the secret endings

>same music for all the "bosses"/minibosses
>can't almost tell the difference between that music and Genichiro's music

why is the ost so bad

Attached: 479772-witcher-evolucion-geralt-rivia.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

The bell is right next to the main hall idol, there is a golden statue with loot in its hands

>Just got to the place with all the monks, and somehow managed to find the sunken valley on accident
>Killed 1 boss and 3 mini-bosses so far
>Still don't know where to find the this "butterfly" lady

What the fuck?
Should I kill the guy that chops off your arm in the intro, or find the corrupted monk first?

Attached: 1552765039120.png (676x752, 237K)

lol do they have a hard mode tablet like la mulana? cool.

That bell is part of the storyline,you need it to get a key item

Fucking Grape Ape. I feel like I know how to beat him but I'm not using my arm at all, what are good arms vs him? especially phase 2

that's the one I used

He fell off a bridge, how is he going to be alive?

Is the jap voice kino or should I keep it English?

10 completed necklaces iirc

Just got to the purple ninja on the pagoda.
How do I learn this shit?

I don't really know when I can parry and when I can attack. Is there a way of knowing what to do without trial and error?
Shit seemed to make sense when I started the game where you just swordfight back and forth until someone breaks similar to something like DOA but when they introduced the jump/sidestep I'm not sure what the game wants me to do, the jump feels janky and the sidestep seems to open the opportunity for shockwave damage. Sort of wished they scrapped the idea of stealth altogether by the time I get back up to a challenge I've forgotten half of the buttons.

Lady Butterfly is the last boss of the Hirata Estate memory. She's after the Drunkard. Did you not go to the memory?

Its difficulty curve is awful. I completely hated it up until i beat the Butterfingers and the Bull, then suddenly I had more health, more healing and could kill things quicker. The game opens up and there's all these different areas you can visit. It actually feels like a proper game now, not just a series of brick walls.
At the end of the day I have seen nothing so far that justifies it removing all the staples of the Souls genre. It still plays very similar and has many of the same flaws.

It could have had weapons, equipment, co-op and PvP and I don't think it would affect the game's core idea that much. Currently the worldbuilding and exploration is completely gimped precisely because there are no interesting weapons or armor to find.
In that regard it feels unfinished and half-baked and there's nothing to really justify losing all those features. With no custom characters and custom builds, I don't see it having any longevity which is insane because it would be only a minor addition for a massive improvement.

They should've got the TOOT guy from sony's E3 presentation, would've been better

You have to go talk to the nurse bitch next to the sculptor when you find it, she gives you the other thing you need.

I'd like an expansion but I don't think there's space in the plot for one sadly. It's a pretty "complete game"

He's a good boy. But yeah kinda dense. Especially considering he doesn't recognize Owls sword sticking through his goddamn chest

Get the bell from the old lady in a fucked up house in ashina outskirts

Corrupted monk is late game
Ashina is mid game

How do I go up there? I'm already past the hidden forest

Attached: 814380_20190325011459_1.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

Jap is kino as they use a very formal/very old form of Japanese.

YOOOOOOOOOIOOOOOOOO999

japanese fantasy settings are dogshit, thats why. If we're lucky the DLC will let us play as ROBERTOOOOOK or someone fun from the West

The thing is that at the start you die quickly but so do bosses, later bosses get so much health/posture fighting them is just a drag.

I met the centepede monk at senpou temple
where do I go next. Dont see any passages

Phase one firecrackers, but you need to learn to time it right as sometimes he'll be immune to them
I cheesed the fuck outta phase two so I can't help there

practice. watch the enemies' movement. the same thing you did when you tried parrying in dark souls.

Only attack when he lunges with his sword at you,strike him 2-3 times and run from his aoe

i don't understand it, so why bother?

its my fav fromsoft game i think
i really cant go back to souls combat after this

From the other way around. Go to the checkpoint before the ape boss and go in the opposite direction down.

Firecrackers or oil and fire vent
gitting gud for the second phase

You can stealth kill one life by jumping over the wall and going around the pagoda,deflect everything except his last kick

Don't fight him. Just cheese him and nab the item. Come back later when you have more health poise and attack. The game is good but ones of it's flaws is unlike souls you can't just git gud and sl1 everything. You WILL get level gated at some point

after you get it all bosses will 1.5 and 2 shot kill you. its cool though.

Genichiro is massively tedious and so are the rest and you know it fag.

Nope, don't know what that is.
Welp, time to leave the thread.
Thanks for the small hint.

Why'd you ask then?

So it's like the firecrackers?

everyone is a tired grunting old man. If you get PTSD from the final boss's gloating lines after you die you may want to switch

"customization" is for faggots who were envious of their sister's dressing their dolls.

what's in that escape route dark room? is it optional?

Did you get the bell from the old lady? Put it at the statue next to the sculptor. You missed a giant early game area.

Sword Saint is legitimately terrible

it definitely tells you to use it at the statue

Just keep trying. You can cheese him but you really should attempt to kill him fair and square, as you'll have to fight a shit ton of them later

Yeah, it works like firecrackers but doesn't spook animals.

>anons brag granny is easy and to dodge left
>getting fucked on like mad
She's the first boss I've encountered. Should I pack my bags and adventure elsewhere then come back stronger? I dump on her in the first phase for the most part, but round two I can't seem to handle.

Attached: Teepublicpre_114f5d112ab34a9f95bc4790344767e0_display.png (630x630, 240K)

because it was composed by the shit Dark Souls composer, Yuki.

No need to bring your gender issues into this buddy

So there isn't really a way of doing without trial and error? You can't really figure out if an enemy is going to flinch or just shrug off an attack?

literally just come back later and r1 mash her to death