Are you guys retarded? This isn't Persona 5 remaster like Golden or whatever

Are you guys retarded? This isn't Persona 5 remaster like Golden or whatever.

This is just an IF game. It's the same shit as SMT IV Apocalypse was. Just a proto-sequel or something, an alternate story. It's not the "full" version of P5.

Attached: P5R_03-22-19-1.jpg (600x337, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17669922/r
strawpoll.me/17667289/r
youtube.com/watch?v=pbTt0iz-Wvc
youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Source?

That's what I want though.

It's just the same game except with a female protagonist, why is this so hard for retards to understand? The entire budget went to the female protagonist & making the story suitable for her

>it's just FeMC!
>even though she's in 1st grade and that'd mean having to change up a lot of the story

> Implying a multi billion dollar company with over 3 years of development isn't capable of rewriting a story
Why is this board so fucking stupid?

They didn't even finish writing P5's story

>The Persona twitter calls this game the "latest installment in the Persona series" (ペルソナシリーズ最新作). They didn't describe P3P or P4G this way.
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with what OP said

>just
kind of weird to use it in that context. you're claiming that instead of getting a remaster we're "just" getting a new game

>This is just an IF game
I would actually play that over having ryuji in my party again bitching about muh adults for 100hrs.

>Having this much faith in Atlus

Attached: 91b.png (680x298, 243K)

Obvously because they knew they were making a expansion

This

I'm just upset that we waited weeks for an announcement of another announcement

Attached: 1539792339450.jpg (706x1000, 542K)

A brand new game is better than an enhanced edition.

Not like it was the first time they done that.

Remember to vote, I want to see which side will get BTFO in a month
strawpoll.me/17669922/r

Attached: Detective Goro Akechi.png (1280x1024, 227K)

>strawpoll.me/17669922/r
we already had one, with far more votes.
strawpoll.me/17667289/r

Well, if going by his IV Apolypse comparison, this would reuse a LOT of content and assets from Persona V, just with a new story playing through that, so it's not quite a fully new entry either.

Still, yeah, it is starting to seem like that might be the case which seems good since Persona V was already too big. I didn't see how they'd be able to expand it even further.

I’ll get Persona 5 Quarter Pounder whether it’s worth while or not

Royal is a MC. She isn't over-designed enough to be a Marie.

Attached: Maries.jpg (1450x871, 102K)

Yeah, Rio was za best MC ever.

>This is just an IF game
>It's not the "full" version of P5
>...meanwhile, at Atlus's offices
Is Persona 5 the gift that keeps giving? It sure seems that way.

Attached: Stupid Gaijn.jpg (644x364, 32K)

Same, I fucking hate how often this seems to happen. It's the most infuriating fucking thing

Pretty sure Atlus doesn't give a single fuck about people shitposting about it.

Rio wasn't the primary focus of any trailers leading up to P3P.

>P5R
>There is a new girl, first year at Shujin
>She said she does not approve of the Phantom Thieves
>We don't know who she was talking to
>We don't know if she meant her comments or was just faking for cover
>We don't know if she's the new FeMC or if she's just a Marie-type character
>We don't know if P5R is a remaster like P4G or just an alternate story

There, that's everything relevant. Anything else is just speculation with no basis.

It's Akechi. That's his Japanese VA.

It was Goro

Scratch that part then

royal-chan is cute!

Attached: 1553468028478.jpg (1000x870, 105K)

I'm unironically ditching makoto for royal-chan

It's an alternate story about a girl at Sujin who somehow gets metaverse powers and starts her own gang to catch the PT

Attached: THINK.gif (375x375, 1.39M)

She looks like she fucks demon guys

Didn't SMTIV Apocalypse sell really well? It would make sense to reuse all the P5 assets for an alternate story game.

Is it gonna be DLC then?

>Persona MC
>talking
FeMC fags are fucking retarded holy shit.

A shame she's not fluffy though.

Based.

>red hair
>red eyes
>ponytail
>cute bow
best girl

Joker speaks, retard

youtube.com/watch?v=pbTt0iz-Wvc

Yeah, because Joker has never talked in a cutscene before or anything

Attached: t.png (2144x1304, 2.36M)

Woah wait a cotton picking minute

Attached: P2E-eriko2.jpg (286x327, 24K)

Persona 3 is the only time they bothered with this. The chicken will be from a tacked on story just like in Golden, Strange Journey Re, Devil Survivor Overclocked, FES, Nocturne with Dante/Raidou and Catherine.

>"I sense pathos"
of fuck please no

i wonder what it could mean

Attached: 1553351579574.jpg (844x1200, 74K)

Can you do everything in P4G on the first playthrough or can you ONLY access certain things in new game+? I lost my save so I edited my save to give myself max social stats.

>just waiting for the increased shitposting when April happens
Fucking announcing an announcement, I waited since december you cunts

Attached: chadha-.gif (500x350, 514K)

The fight with Margaret is NG+ only but that's it.

Margaret boss fight is the only thing which is NG+ exclusive if I remember right.

Attached: 1532823865935.jpg (750x750, 469K)

I want to fuck Chie.
I want to fuck Yukiko.
I want to fuck Rise.
I want to fuck Naoto.

Damn oh well guess I won't get to do that.

not even the same question retard

>Persona live concert threads are always comfy as fuck as
>The one next month will be filled to the brim with conlose war shitposting and dumb Marie 2.0 vs FeMC arguments
I want off this timeline

Attached: 1449877319195.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

dude
same

Attached: IMG_20190325_004726.jpg (900x1273, 170K)

Royal-chan isn't female Joker. She's female equivalent of Nanashi.

Attached: smt4a_nanashi.png (585x600, 331K)

Oooohhh user we'll show more on 4/24 we promise :)

Shio wasn't raped, but she should have been.

All Madarame did was make it possible for artisans to earn a living in the ultra capitalist society of Japan

The Phantom Thieves have no right to look down upon Kaneshiro, a good egg trying to reform the Yakuza from within

Futaba should have died in her room, her illegal actities compromised the security and data of literally millions of people

Okamura was a man trying to do more than just sell high calorie burgers

All Shido wanted to do was make Japan great again

Attached: 1553349596427.jpg (489x902, 43K)

It's the first day of the concert
Which indeed means they will show jack shit. They'll save the most important news for the last day.

>4/24
>Shows the new girl
>"I guess it's my turn now!"
>Fade to black
>...
>...
>...
>PERSONA 5 THE ROYAL: MORE INFO ON 6/14

Royal-chan is based AND redpilled

wtf i love royal-chan now

Attached: 1553472160297.jpg (1200x814, 128K)

If this happens again, then I'm going to go nuclear

Attached: 1553148201092.jpg (720x900, 36K)

>"It's Switch exclusive! Just wait until December"
>PS logo in video
>"I-It's VR! Wait until March"
>PS logo in the video and listed as PS4 only on the website
>"I-It's still not confirmed PS4 exclusive, wait until April!"
How did one game manage to btfo so many nincels this much?

Izanagi-okami can be used outside of the final battle in a 2nd playthrough.

Get in line buddy. Naoto is my personal fave, but I love how each girl has something likable about them

I just watched the final anime special. Does this scene confirm Kawakami is the canon girl? She's giving him her number or something here. Nobody else does it. Kawakamifags win?

Attached: CanonGirl.png (667x826, 799K)

New to persona but I've beaten 5, do these "remasters" ever come in the form of upgrades for the base game, or do I have to buy the new version for a full price?

Attached: P5ProtagDance.png (310x499, 114K)

Sorry, once you've experienced the /Arc-V/ trainwreck there's no going back

Attached: yuzu.jpg (1280x1635, 427K)

>“It’s wonderful thing to help other people… but if I had to say, I don’t like them. I just have a feeling that the way the Phantom Thieves doesn’t help fix the world or help anyone. In the end, I think those are things you must fix yourself.”

Attached: 1456196440712.png (800x579, 268K)

He has all the other girls numbers already.

>6/14 happens
>2 hours stream with another 30-second teaser

Attached: atlusjp.png (881x486, 661K)

Kill yourself ResetEra. You're the ones making P5 threads insufferable now

Buy the game again for a full price, goy

>Kill your friends Royal-chan
>But I don't have any friends

Damn yukiko looks 10x better in a ponytail

can't wait to main her in smash bros

cope

Attached: 2012-12-02-544564.jpg (800x1162, 723K)

Reminder that Dante was the first Marie.

This could be so cool if it were real and actually written well. It has so much potential

New version full price

Wtf were you expecting, it’s not shitstiny

>"So you discover an app on your phone that lets you interact with other people's minds. You discover you have superpowers in there. Fine. I don't blame you for being curious. But plagarism? Fame? Calling cards? At some point this stopped being about improving society, and turned into controlling it."

Attached: 1553470269651.jpg (660x616, 71K)

umm, apocalypse was a sequel

Royal-chan... only you... avenge me.
Let them know... the truth.
Let them know that Shiho wanted it.
Let them know that Kawakami was openly working as a prostitute while molesting her students
Let them know...
Let them know...
Royal-chan... it's up to you

Attached: 1.png (512x512, 120K)

Royal-chan is a pull yourself up by your bootstraps kind of girl.

I just hope I can load my previous complete game save.

It's not a FeMC.

Attached: 1553393829253.jpg (2220x1080, 491K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

>She stops the PT after Madarame when they start getting kinda big
>Kaneshiro kidnaps Makoto and turns her into a sex slave
>Futaba literally kills herself
>Okumura completes his expansion plans and keeps on abusing his employees
>Haru gets stuck with her violent abusive fiance
>Shido takes over, ruins Japan

"B-But the phantom thieves are bad!!!!"

oh man if they actually did that, that would be pretty fucking awesome. I think that would be best case scenario. Apocalypse was pretty much a brand new game

It is but she's not replacing Joker. She's her own MC with her own game.

Kamoshida confidant confirmed.

I THINK THE PHANTOM THIEVES SUCK

Attached: 1553473505005.jpg (1500x2244, 306K)

>Atlus is going to throw out the effort they've put into establishing Joker and the PT, basically the face of the Persona series now, after nearly 4 years, three games, and an anime while ALSO going against how they've done re-releases in the past practices of the remake being the same game with the Aeon arcana added.

Attached: 1552466008248.png (240x240, 98K)

it took place during the neutral route of IV and became a what if story from there

That sounds way too good to be true.

The answer tier shit concept wise or bust

Smash datamine

Idk why, but I keep picturing her as a crazy conspiracy theorist with a youtube channel where she just keeps shit talking the PT until it gets big enough that akechi notices her

I just picture her in a high pitched girly voice going:
>*INHALES* THE PHANTOM THIEVES ARE A MODERN DAY PLAGUE ON SOCIETY AND NEED TO BE STOPPED BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! ANYWAY, DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE! TOODLES!"

I don't see how Poniko being a protagonist somehow erases Joker and the PT.
SMT Apocalypse had plenty of Flynn and Isabeau, the Answer had the whole team present aside from MC and Shinji, and so on.

Attached: 1496099405704.png (1280x893, 652K)

That's right. They're the villains now.

I just need to know should I play P5 right now or wait until we find out wtf this shit is? I already know spoilers so don't bother.

The palaces in Royal-chan's game will be based off the phantom thieves.

I'd wait on playing P5 until we know whether or not P5R is an expanded re-release or something else.

Were any of the P5 characters first years? Futaba doesn't even go to school so she doesn't count.

Didn't it specify the character had a ponytail? That doesn't really fit any of the female thieves.

if you already know spoilers then you might as well just wait for whatever this is

Flynn is nowhere near as recognizable with the gaming public as Joker is, don't be retarded.

>New story like SMTIVA.
>Royal-chan is the MC
>Akechi is a party member
>Final boss is Joker who accepted Yaldabaoth's deal.
>yfw

Attached: 1547760025305.png (799x629, 1.11M)

Ann has double twintails.

You've already had 2 and a half years to play it. What's the harm in waiting another month.

Sounds dumb as fuck. I don't care about Akechi's band of C-listers and autistic fanfiction theories.

Attached: 1552806605408.jpg (1600x1398, 300K)

Retard didn't consider an Olimar/Alph scenario. Stop posting this. It can be FeMC that has a different name than Joker or she's the Red Joker to Joker's Black in her own story.

>Royal-Chan
>Akechi
>Shiho
>Hifumi

Who else could be a party member?

Shinya

That post is misinformation.

No.
Honestly If it's retread with aeon SL or FeMC, how will the rewrites look like

Prediction-
It will be like Lion King 1/2, different palaces (or maybe the same knee, revised) with this new character trying to challenge the morality of both Akechi and the phantkm theives and trying to find balance. Heavy political themes, with a Drumpf parody palace.

The exclusive OVA for dvd covers the Valentine event with the description confirming he went the harem route.

Why?

Yeah I'm thinkign he's in

Attached: 2.png (512x512, 104K)

He's not arguing popularity dumbass, in IV Apocalypse the game is set as a what-if scenario following Nanashi while Flynn from vanilla IV is still around.
A setup like this could work in P5 and wouldn't ruin shit.

How could he go harem route when he didn't max any of the confidants?

Female version of fat politician when

I agree that she'll probably be the third option where people help themselves, opposing Akechi and the PT, but she'll probably just be a Slink

It blatantly ignores how it could potentially be an Olimar/Alph situation. Male Black Joker can have the first four slots and Female Red Joker can have the last four slots.

In all fairness it would make more sense to have her be younger, because that allows more flexibility with male confidants unless you want to be banging the congressman or something.

Beats the hell outta me m8.

Attached: Valentine.png (776x436, 418K)

>unless you want to be banging the congressman or something.
Yeah who would want that haha

P5 had the worst girls and Royal-chan will not fix that.

Attached: DRugnFbVAAAPkfw.jpg (900x1200, 216K)

Joker got off the hook from serious jail time because that chick Shido groped came forward right?

What if its a side story where the 1st year meets her

No, she backed shido when the cops came

So what happens if she turns out to be Marie 2.0?

Was Atlus the Grandmaster of announcement of announcement thing? I felt like they started this trend.

Then no one will really care besides those who bought a vita for the golden

I can't wait to see A-1 fuck up one more time

Not much. It'd be disappointing, but it wouldn't exactly be surprising.

I'll be surprised since everything points to her either being FeMC or having her own story.

I am not buying this game if that's what this is. I have absolutely zero interest in a game with P5 in the title that doesn't even focus on the characters that I care about.

Attached: 1491862985954.jpg (1800x1217, 937K)

Not at the very end of the game though

Dubious Smash leaks and pure speculation are hardly "everything".

the only reason i'm going for team Femc is the smash Datamine of the Jane being in Joker's files and said to have a ponytail. but that's just my opinion

Attached: 1553342871421.jpg (2220x1080, 76K)

I want to clean Futaba's sweaty NEET feet with my tongue

This. Fuck FeMC fags, I want to play with the character I grew to enjoy.

Saaaaame.

Attached: 1553464190002.png (487x315, 34K)

Not OP but let's say that this is a what if/alternate/something along those lines game. That doesn't mean the other characters can't shop up.

>Datamines
>Dubious
What did he mean by this?

I'm the opposite. I'd much rather have a new game than a rehash with minor additions to the original release.

Read the thread.

That's why I said focus. Them just showing up is not good enough for me. If they're not the main characters like they were in P5 then I'm not buying this game.

*show up

don't listen to P5R is at least, at the very minimum, another year from release. just buy p5 on sale for $30

Is it even confirmed that "Jack" is Joker though?

>implying they didn't take 10 years making a game that looks like it was meant for the PS2

>Linking to misinformation
See

>yfw it takes place in the bad ending of 5 where Joker and presumably the other thieves side with Yaldigor
>yfw you’ll have to defeat all of the phantom thieves, even your waifu.

Attached: D59EC364-B75C-476C-9F87-2688213DDFB8.gif (320x240, 2.35M)

No.

Do you happen to have source on the original pic? Or is it made like that

Absolutely. The Smash Bros datamine found out that Jack's stage is Mementos. All the stat attributes fit Joker too.

>Calling misinformation when you link to pure speculation.
No no no, fuck YOU.

It is misinformation when it blatantly ignores how costumes work in Smash Bros. It's bullshit and doesn't add anything to the conversation.

>Kaneshiro kidnaps Makoto and turns her into a sex slave
To be fair that's because Makoto was a dumbass.

Alright, how is it misinformation? He seems to have done a deep dive on the files. Do you know something about how Smash costumes work that contradicts him?

Same here. I have no interest in a P5 game that doesn't focus on the phantom thieves.

Okay, that sounds pretty definitive. So if I understand it right, "Jane" being the latter half of the costumes rather than every other would imply she's a different character instead of a gender flip, yeah? Maybe this really is an Apocalypse-style sequel then.

Should I keep playing P5? Just beat Kamoshida. Don't really want to invest more time if The Royal is an updated re-release. Though if the new girl is a feMC I would be willing to replay with her.

Olimar/Alph's costumes are set up so that Olimar is the first four while Alph is the last four. And we now know that this new girl isn't just a genderswapped Joker, since she's in a different year. All the examples he was using were of characters that are simple genderswaps of each other instead of considering an Olimar/Alph scenario.

The only thing I really want is for the Confidants to be fully voiced.
Playable Futaba would be a nice plus though.

well literally no one knows what this will be, so either keep playing or wait a month for more info. But if you haven't been spoiled then get out now before you are.

You're understanding it correctly. This new color is associated with the color red. There are two jokers in a deck, one black and one red. She could still be FeMC but a new story that focuses on Goro seems highly likely.

Is like you guys want to be disappointed, you create gigantic expectations only to discover you were not even close to the target

Attached: 1515518823747.png (350x344, 150K)

Kawakami won the live action version

Attached: Persona 5 JAV.png (1280x654, 735K)

More like it's the P5 equivalent of P4 Golden, P3 FES, and DEEP Strange Journey. The female voice is probably just the new Marie or SPESS Yukiko.

High, but there's speculation going around that Jane herself might be another DLC character that confused dataminers due to file structure.

Palindrome digits of wisdom

This. Just go in with the lowest expectations possible, then you have a decent chance of being pleasantly surprised when it's something cool.

Don't worry, I already expect to be disappointed.

P5R probably won't release for a few months. Even then, you'll have like a 7 month gap for the english verson. So early 2020 most likely, I'd just play it nos

It's going to be Royal, Akechi, and new people.

You can have hopes for what a ideal situation would be while still having low expectations regarding what will actually occur you know.

I'd say it is probably a Winter-19 at the earliest, even if they complete it earlier they would probably hold for the Holiday sales so they can get into that there Christmas Gift money..

>You can have hopes for what a ideal situation would be while still having low expectations regarding what will actually occur you know.
Every FeMC idea in here is a terrible idea that throws out the cast and dynamics of P5 so these faggots can have another waifu to jerk off to.

oof

Alternate side story is the best option. You've already played Persona 5.

That might mean she's playable, but I don't see them redoing so much in the game for a FeMC. A new scenario with a female protagonist, I can see.

> that there Christmas Gift money..
Dedede? Is that you?

Attached: 28AE946B-621C-4E5B-9F61-91BB2B660CE5.jpg (921x635, 321K)

Assuming Royal-chan is a new protagonist, and not just a Joker gender swap, what would the romance options look like? I can't imagine most male players would want to romance guys, regardless of the player character's gender. Are we in for a yuri fest?

>It's a persona battle royale game

It's pretty much this. It'd be retarded to tell the same story and have to go through the hassle of adding dialogue for EVERYONE in an old game while rewriting old dialogue to change pronouns and make things make sense

It's already confirmed to be an RPG.

>just an IF game
IF is a shit company, why are they handling Atlus games?

I wouldn't be surprised if we some female options. I think this game will be targeted to fujos.

So was falllout 76.

It's supposed to be a fun OVA since people really had fun with the harem route Valentine's bit and the resulting conflict from it.

I'm loving it, it's just like the threads before the first trailer where people and news outlets were swearing up and down that Joker in Smash was PROOF the enhanced port would be on Switch and then we made fun of them for three straight days.
Royal girl is going to be your Aeon Slink/romance option/party member who takes a third choice between Akechi and Joker and you all are going to lap it up anyway.

Attached: 1552514756889.jpg (640x762, 89K)

Apocalypse wasn't an alternative story. It is canon.

I would kill for that being the case, the story is outright horrible and a rewrite is what it needs, but that's having too much faith in Atlus.

Fujos don't want girls, they want boys love. If it was for them, it'd be a game about Akechi.

>multi billion
You mean Sega?

>newfag who doesn't know shit about Atlus

Someone post the pic of the uncensored FeMC fanart

>fatlus
>not doing the lazuedt route possible
GUFFAW

>>Final boss is Joker who accepted Yaldabaoth's deal.
You are retarded.

That's the thing with ideals, people have different ones, most of them awful because they ain't mine.

If they do that i'd assume same as P3P with it being intended for Fujos and therefore boys with maybe CLOSE FEMALE FRIENDSHIP. Goro would be a no brainer for one.

Attached: 1317211266750.jpg (950x718, 704K)

Fuck you, the best option is for her to join the team as a second Wild Card so that you get to experiment around with a party member with more options.
It's obvious she's being set up as the third point in the Joker vs Akechi/Arsene vs Sherlock dynamic. Irene Adler, anyone?

KILL YOUR LINKS LASSIE

It's likely that this game will focus on Akechi, though. A fujo's wet dream where they can self insert into the new female character and save their husbando. Still, wouldn't be too surprising for there to be a few female options for the non-fujos.

>and you all are going to lap it up anyway
Hell yeah I will motherfucker, I'm a filthy slut for Persona

this

Atlus btfo's everyone by having Royal-chan not be a playable character but also making her Akechi's girlfriend that you steal away from him, confirming he's not a faggot and shitting on him all at once.

Attached: 1552514264642.jpg (325x195, 23K)

Do you have the piggyback ride one too?

It's obviously a fighting game. The devs clearly meant Royale as in Battle Royale in wrestling but because they can't speak english, they didn't know there was an 'e' in Royale.

>confirming he's not a faggot and shitting on him all at once.
Based.

Attached: E2E5474F-97C2-4E26-A7C0-F38C47A26D00.jpg (1944x1825, 380K)

Attached: 29304EA3-EA9D-44B3-8F2E-3409BCA6BD47.jpg (1309x3678, 842K)

I'm really hoping it's an IVA situation and not a Golden/FES one. I'd definitely be more motivated to play a new game than replay an old game with some new tweaks
Also re-add Skill Affinities from IVA, you fucking cunts. Also IVA's Smirking

Why is Akihiko calling FeMC fat?

Thanks

>piggyback ride

Attached: aa4.gif (600x450, 87K)

He's calling Ken too lightweight for her

have you seen how much she eats?

>losing a girl who lives in his dorm to his dying best friend and a little kid
Lmao

>same game except with a female protagonist
How can people even consider this? 5, like 4, is clearly designed around a male protagonist. Just consider love interests. Joker has 9 and that doesn't even include Caroline & Justine/Lavenza. The dating pool for a female protagonist is far more shallow and no way they're turn a bunch of female characters gay to make up for it.

honestly, i'll be even more hyped for p5r if it turns out to be the eternal punishment to p5's innocent sin.
every persona re-release ever has done more than just change one character and call it a day, but keep deluding yourself that p5r won't make any substantial changes.

>She’s in 1st grade
Pwersonah!

It's going to be Golden/FES, you know it will. They've set a standard for such already and Eternal Punishment was 20 years ago, before NuSona started and locked things into what they are. Add that to the fact that P5 is just too big of a gain for Atlus by now to fuck with the formula.

>Least intelligent detective
>Not Junpei

>MORE LIKE-

>Not P5 Racing
Christ those retards do nothing right.

Didn't Junpei actually do a fairly good job getting intel about Fuuka when they did the Ace Detective bit? Junpei might be dumfuck but the detecting he arguably did better then expected.

Vroom vroom nigga

Attached: C3A41B4A-AEF7-4007-9B3E-95EBB5B44918.jpg (2000x2000, 232K)

What a boring fucking design

It's really not that hard to ask other students about one in particular.

>Redhead
>No freckles
You had one job, Atlus

Exactly, she looks plain and boring as fuck
That's why she'll be the MC of P5 if.

Do any of y'all anons think that she'll undo that ponytail for her metaverse outfit. Joker replaces his glasses with the mask, so that he goes from wallflower to phantom thief. But royal-chan has no such glasses. So she may undo the ponytail instead. But I'm sure she'll still have Joker's mask