Can we agre they fucked up the combat. And there is no way than can fix it now ?

Can we agre they fucked up the combat. And there is no way than can fix it now ?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (300x168, 7K)

The combat is the only good thing.

I was hoping there was something more too the combat but its basically just royal guading in dmc THE GAME

I agree with the stealth and the graple hook. But the parrying is just terrible

nah the combat is the best they've done so far. this game is just a casual filter for babbies that are used to abusing iframes. they think that they should be immune to everything the moment they push a dodge button

i really enjoy parrying, boss fights felt like an actual fight trading blows and not the cat and mouse rollfest that soulbourne fights are.

Sounds like you just need to _______________________________________________git gud

That was not my quest. I wanted to know if there is something they can do about it ( if they wanted to ). Or is it a core mechanic that can not be changed

This is the most important part. Parry exchanges really make the game shine, and the ways Wolf reacts to parrying blows or having his guard broken, or guarding after getting hit.

should I give a damn about dragonrot?

only if you give a shit about Unseen Aid

You can’t do questlines like expanding the shop if they are sick

All they had to do was make Dark Souls set in Japan. They definitely fucked up. Perilous attacks are just annoying. Deathblow animations on everyone everytime are just repetitive. No cool item description lore. No roleplaying builds. No armors or weapons to collect. No online. Game is just Assassin's Creed with royal guard shit when it should have been Soulsborne with ninjas.

there's nothing to fix

>All they had to do was make Dark Souls set in Japan. They definitely fucked up.

fucking you i'm sick of dark souls being remade

This is the most Yea Forums cookie cutter opinion I've seen so far on the game

If dodges had more I-frames and parries were more generous it would be more fun. Alternatively force players to learn the timings and let them not eat shit and lose all their health from one attack.

As things stand it just ends up being tedious and overly punishing and the game only becomes fun in the mid-game where you're actually strong enough to deal with new threats.

git gud fag

>they should've remade the same game they've made five times now

Attached: 200w.gif (200x235, 1.29M)

This pretty much.
I wish, I truly wish, that the combat system will be repurposed and used in another much more interesting game, because Sekiro's narrative and where it went is an enormous fuck huge missed opportunity.

>and parries were more generous it would be more fun.
The parries are already pretty generous the fuck are you talking about. You can get by a lot by just spamming L1.

I'm the opposite, the new combat is refreshing as hell
there's so much potential to go sanic speeds of fast

how bad is it compared to witcher 3?

how do you fight the blazing bull with such a shitty dodge system?

No combat is pretty damn good

Attached: Sekiro1.webm (640x360, 2.43M)

blazing bull is so fucking easy i beat him on my first try without reading shit. you just literally hold down the sprint button the entire time and make circles, go for a slice or two when you can and when you see an opening go for fireworks then get in 3-5 slices and back off. spring the entire time its so easy

Like everything else, r1 spam. Firecrackers startle it so you get a bunch of free strikes, also every time it falls over you get free hits.

>spring
sprint*

>died like 6 times to this guy then killed him without taking any damage

Attached: 1463399577616.png (441x580, 164K)

stop dodging

R1 R1 L1 R1 B L1 L1 L1

my lady butterfly was like this too. spent 2 hours on her, took a break, came back and aced her

>playing golf
>bro just yells "hey just swing it really hard towards the hole its easy"

why are you posting webm of someone failing to deflect properly for 30 seconds and throwing shurikens that do absolutely nothing?

>wtf video games are all the same you just push a bunch of buttons over and over

>mod engine only works with legit versions of the game
Ugh, I really don't want to buy this game...

>wtf guys walking is so stupid it's just moving your legs

>heres your stealth game bro

Attached: 1553399928717.jpg (2535x1426, 646K)

yeah but can I press them all at once or do I have to time it

Ahem... FUCK parrying.

Making it mandatory is the biggest fuck up for me. At least give me one other viable playstyle. Dodging is inconsistent because they took away the i frames and the hitboxes are as dodgy as always. It wasn’t a major issue in Soulsborne because you didn’t need to be that precise. But now you do, and it doesn’t work.

you're telling me if a nigga popped up in your exact edge of peripheral vision completely silently at night while you were zoned out you would behave differently?

Pretty much the same for me he was kicking my ass so I went away and killed some bosses. Came back and killed him without even needing to rez(he did get a good kick combo on me tho).

Attached: BrutalKicks.webm (640x360, 2.44M)

Use the Shinobi Firecrackers to startle him and get 6-7 hits, stay close as possible to his sides, and for the love of God hold L1 if all else fails, a blocked hit takes only a sliver of your health

why even waste all your shuriken? you could have thrown some oil on him and lit his ass up with flame vent

i'm telling you you're a retarded shill who should off himself for going this far to safeguard activision's reputation

I cant see behind my ears can you?

I think you'd have to be a bit brain dead to not.

theres being a retarded shill and theres making fun of a dude who is so angry at a video game
>pic related its you

Attached: vda7jfr02so01.png (1080x1920, 660K)

Combat is legitimately flawless. The game has some other problems though

I didn't want to abuse tools and the shuriken are fun to toss out cause I like how he deflects them.

>I didn't want to abuse tools
they're called tools because they're meant to be used. "i dont want to abuse tools" is like saying "i dont want to walk on stairs"

What's the icon between the sword and spirit emblems? Did I miss something? I'm like 15 hours in to the game.

only seen people terrible at the game complain about the combat
care to share a webm and prove me wrong?

What's so good about it, i literally can not understand why people like it, its literally spam r1 and deflect with r2 and sidestep sometimes, it's basic as fuck.

Attached: 1525991190818.png (237x361, 86K)

I'm glad i'm not retarded

Chained Ogre has some wonky grab hitboxes but everything else is fair. He isn't even that unfair, it's just that one second you think you've escaped his grab, and the next second you're caught in it.

PLAY
THE
GAME

>Chained Ogre has some wonky grab hitboxes
nope. we've been over this a million times: running into the ogre's hands is a bad idea and people should stop doing it.

>Buildfags

I hate you autistic freaks so much, might as well say you're playing with a fucking guide book.

Attached: 1520351786240.jpg (457x457, 29K)

So it's just like dark souls

Less tracking for enemy attacks once they've been launched. It's bullshit to have someone be able to rotate their whole body after some moves and it's bullshit

>Inb4 casual filters ogre ablooblooblo

I'm already in the forgotten dungeon fuck

>haha my pinky touched you now I grab you :)

the hitboxes aren't wonky at all. the hitboxes are on the ogre's hands and if you dodge too early / late into them you get grabbed. the wonky part is the animation snapping to the player because they didn't design an animation for when someone gets grabbed by one hand

No

>hitbox
>box
gee.

b-but how am i supposed to win the game if i cant min/max and farm?!?1

It's just not fun. BB was the best From could do and now it's just downhill from here

bloodborne is 6/10

The hitbox should be small enough that you have to actually be in between their hands, not so that you get teleported in because their finger hair brushed past your shoulder. From is just a garbage developer who will never bother to fix shit.

If anything it's too much like dark souls.

d'awwww look at the pc fat cope
never ever, fagiro tard

It's not anymore basic than Souls.

git gud lmao

>d-d-don't say anything bad about my 1 exclusive!!!
Isn't there a gay pride parade you should be at?

>The hitbox should be small
ahahahahahahaha just stop running into his fucking hands hahahahahaha like jump in the air hahaha

>give a good score
>COPE! COPE! PC! PC!
are you okay?

i think its more about people liking to turn off their brains for a couple hours

>fucking the combat of a new franchise
are you brain retarded all the time?

I'll dark what is a soulsborne game for $500

I don't think it's quite flawless. It's a great idea, but the execution is only good instead of also being great.
I dislike that many attacks in the late game, especially bosses and enemies, still fill up your posture bar even on perfect deflects. It's like From said:
>"Hmm what if the player is too good at the combat?"
>"Oh I know, we punish them anyway even if they get perfect deflects"
>"That's a great Idea, let's implement it"

To be completely fair you are mostly behind him and wolf himself is hard to see in that screenshot

>min max farming
do people actually do this? I'm a shitter and I got through all DS games and BB with my stats all over the place

Please.. just make a bloodborne 2 or dark souls 4 already. that would be hype AF

>Fight Genichiro 4 times in a row just because lmao

Some do, the only thing I even remotely min/maxed was attack damage, but I was a quality shitter

>learn pattern
>except now you repeat it 50 times because there are no builds and you have the same damage output whole game

>have the same damage output
What? multiple bosses gives you damage upgrades and akos sugar on top of that

Can we talk about how the startup on Wolf's attack is absolute bollocks? And how if you attack more than twice you'll get stuffed on your third attack by the boss through his hyper armour?

man yall fags will find something to bitch about

>repeat it 50 times
wow just like rolling 50 times
>no damage upgrades
way to make it obvious you haven't gotten past the beginning area.

>game gets weird stuttering drops from 60fps to 57fps if I move through environments too quickly
>can get locked 60fps on max otherwise
>setting everything to low doesn't fix the stuttering, either
Does anyone else have this, or know how to fix it? It's not a major deal, but it's really distracting at points.

Attached: 1551500526689.png (238x344, 120K)

i feel like this is either bait or you just need to get good

Attached: 1551155962952.jpg (261x244, 11K)

>anyone who has even a minor gripe is some fag bitching like all the others
Fuck off bitch.

>being so slow that you don't realize by your third attack that the enemy is armoring through your attacks
startup on wolfs attacks are also extremely fast. faster than a straight sword in dark souls.

Most likely a stutter from streaming in assets. Happens for me too, even on an SSD.

you're not supposed to keep attacking if the boss blocks you

you parry, hit until he blocks your strike, then stop. if you keep attacking after that first block he'll start to deflect you

>startup on wolfs attacks are also extremely fast.

He has a slow ass wind up

graphics settings probably won't fix it because it sounds like a CPU side thing. maybe using low res textures could help, but who wants to do that.

Shit is mad annoying. Hopefully some kind of fix comes out soon.

>wow this game is so easy you can just spam r1 there is no stamina
>wow even parrying things makes my posture meter go up wow this is bullshit
lol shut the fuck up babies

>DUDE DARK SOULS XD HAHA DID YOU KNOW THAT FROM ALSO MADE DARK SOULS

Attached: 1549166235047.jpg (640x640, 37K)

imagine being this mad that i made a comparison to a game that most people playing sekiro are familiar with

Attached: laughing-lizards.png (629x466, 537K)

just beat drunkard jozou or whatever his name is. I'm know I'm too early to judge but so far (ogre, shinobi hunter, drunkard) have all been perfectly reasonable challenges. Being able to jump away makes things feel kinda easier.

Are you holding the button down?

how the fuck do i beat the fat drunkard in hirata

yeah, nah fuck this. hard for the sake of hard

lol shitter