What are some soulless vidya remakes/sequels that are almost unanimously preferred over the original?

What are some soulless vidya remakes/sequels that are almost unanimously preferred over the original?

Attached: lLhACo4.jpg (1488x2880, 712K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhw9gEPW7n0
youtube.com/watch?v=Uua_GIQsbqg
youtube.com/watch?v=bPmlTjjwsME
youtube.com/watch?v=cTSm8zUNoxg
youtu.be/JPRYrbs8978?t=138
twitter.com/AnonBabble

REmake

Attached: 1522064180038.jpg (474x657, 99K)

REmake had soul though

(You)

Attached: 1552563881699.png (608x336, 94K)

Who's this semen demon?

That's Illumi, an assassin from the soft-seinen manga/anime Hunter x Hunter, engaging in a battle with his little brother Killua in order to determine who will progress in the Hunter Exams.

RE: Com
Maverick Hunter X
The Final Fantasy DS games

Attached: Last night I.gif (446x440, 18K)

I want to fuck Killua so much.

Get in line

None because Yea Forums is full of faggots who refuse to give credit where it's due and are only capable of nitpicking criticism.

I'm willing to bet all of Yea Forums would play AM2R and Zero Mission over their original respective games 10 out of 10 times.

Ok, Hisoka.

IV was pretty good on DS, I thought, but I've heard that the original SNES-2 was pared down considerably from the original release, so I don't know if it's really a fair comparison.

Hisoka wants to fuck Gon tho.

Is this gay?

Attached: nenbros.png (847x1263, 659K)

Not really. In some countries, bros hold hands.

Why don't modern animes have shading?

Let's them have better animation

Really, you'd think they would have better animation then.

Crash Bandicoot: The N Sane Trilogy. Although it was a necessity as a way to bring Crash back into the spotlight without jumping to warm water with a direct new game.

Attached: 1530384143686.jpg (2560x1080, 504K)

Pic

Right has more soul than left. Just because it doesn't look like genetic overdone 90s anime ova doesn't mean it's bad.

Attached: 1552047968894.gif (500x281, 586K)

though i will admit they did manage to make the jungle levels look like it's concept art counterpart.

Attached: concept-art-1-4.jpg (450x317, 29K)

They do

Attached: tumblr_pk3g6eTe5m1rztjsno2_r1_500.gif (500x304, 2.68M)

Because modern anime is computer generated by modern day "artists" that care more about pandering to waifu fags, while anime from yesteryear had to be painstakingly drawn and animation quality was actually an important aspect to the medium at that time for both producers and consumers.

Attached: tumblr_p3o16a2L0X1sznfdio2_r1_500.gif (500x360, 2.86M)

Why would a leopard man need to go to school?

Attached: 1530295461130.jpg (3840x2160, 2.45M)

Sauce?

>hxh 2014
>soulless
What did he mean by this?

Attached: F76E9995-C615-4B98-A117-92CC9063D6C9.png (2688x2688, 173K)

nah it had less but it was better in almost everything

tumblr

>He didn't go to public schools where the desks try to eat your ass during detention
>Never made friends with the tiger bro that kept them in line

They weren't selling Frosted Flakes for your fat ass, user.

anyone agree that the transformation scene makes up for the shitty ant arc?

youtube.com/watch?v=qhw9gEPW7n0

Attached: 1526069595340.webm (640x640, 2.41M)

How did Cheetahmen get an anime?

Meant for

The real answer is that there's not nearly as much money in anime, and the people who do it are paid peanuts. Hard to make high art when you're overworked, starving, and might die in the next few hours.

because he lives in a society. and in fact, so do we all.

Attached: IckyBreakableGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 2.01M)

>newer adaptation is not filler-based garbage which destroys characterization, pacing and only adapts 1 of the arcs in a decent fashion and even then only in terms of visuals and little else
>but the older adaptation had SOUL!!
That just about encapsulates the sort of faggotry the word "soul" accompanies.

Attached: 1484003541384.jpg (480x480, 13K)

nothing is more soulless than old jojo vs new jojo
youtube.com/watch?v=Uua_GIQsbqg

_ ____ __ __________ _____ ___ ____ ______________

Attached: 1463462393634.png (500x625, 157K)

Nu-HxH is miles better than the old version, contrarian faglord.

youtube.com/watch?v=bPmlTjjwsME
for comparison

The OP is clearly referring to the quality of the artwork.

why is one piece full of soul?
youtube.com/watch?v=cTSm8zUNoxg

This is like the first OP to a soulless thread that isn't fucking bait

This post also perfectly applies to FMA 03 vs FMA:B

I didn't play those when they were new, but I did play Crash 1 a few months before the N.Sane Trilogy and then that version. Crash 2 and 3 are fine whatever version you want to play, but man, there is no perfect version of Crash 1. The PSX version has a shitty save system and deathless runs on every level was annoying (though if I played it as a kid again and again it probably wouldn't have been a problem) and the remake has awful jumping physics that don't mesh with the level design and weird hit boxes. There's just no perfect version of that game.

Wrong.

Except for animation quality, which is a pivotal fucking aspect to an ANIMATION medium.

Attached: tumblr_pdf7z9HpqS1qc7efmo1_400.gif (400x295, 1.13M)

this goes for all old vs new anime adaptions animation

>computer generated
Using this term marks you immediately as an idiot that knows nothing about drawing or animation.

Why don't modern animes have shidding?

Except he described it with the word "soul" and seems to imply 99 should be preferred as an adaptation overall because of its artwork alone.

Which is a debatable point to begin with since 99 was just generic grimdark aesthetics all over the board even though it really only worked with Yorknew, whereas 2011 had much better character designs and coloring whose brightness only helped the contrast when the contents of the show got edgy and the bright character designs were twisted by the direction of the animation.
99's designs were the definition of "soulless". Take a manga that has edgy themes in it and just slap a generic moody aesthetic on it at all times because 99fags are apes who can't understand nuance.

Attached: 2a49626bfb6544103d15685a0d9471e2.jpg (1366x768, 53K)

What? The majority of the ant arc was great, particularly the castle raid. The two things that ruined it were the king being revived by gay love juice and Gon's retard strength mode.

The animation quality in 99 was for the most part trash with the exception of a few scenes it pulled off well which amusingly are the ones that get cherrypicked all the time. 2011 had overall more impressive sakuga moments while having a run that's about thrice as long.

Need source, thing guy is like Tiger Man and King.

Calling 99 generic grimdark is why nobody takes 2011fags seriously

>Maverick Hunter X
The 3D is questionable but in gameplay and features it's a direct upgrade.

>HxH'11 wasn't drawn on a computer
>Computer based drawing doesn't radically change the outcome of a product

RK Post is probably my favorite example of someone who's entire style gets cut off at the knees the second he when digital

Attached: ef7a98f01f44f1d65d2a5d2675eae607.jpg (620x500, 50K)

>"Hey guys, should we make the inbetweens now?"
>"What? No, just color the key frames and add some screen shake"
This is one thing that really bugs me about shonen in general.

Compared to this.

Attached: 336_newavatar.jpg (620x512, 121K)

Attached: resident-evil-7-dlc.jpg (1920x1080, 663K)

I like how these nostalgiafags always post OVAs and not TV anime to prove their claims that animation has gotten worse.

What are you talking about, computer generated colors, backdrops, lighting and more are immediately noticeable and cheap looking, you can basically see the algorithm of the program they are using instead of an artist's hand.

source?

But it was

Did you not read the mango.

>Somehow OVA's don't count, because reasons

Think you're high, mate

What's the name of this anime again? I saw it just a few months ago, it's the same one that one gif is posted regularly, the one where a girl's head splits open into a giant mouth and chomps down on a guy.
It has something to do with an alternate dimension dark lord coming to this world and possessing his copy in this world.

1. "Computer generated" implies something completely different from "drawn on a computer". It's as if you mongoloids think there's really a button you can just press in Photoshop to make the computer draw everything for you.
2. No, the art was most likely not drawn straight away with a tablet, this is extremely uncommon. Most animation today does the initial drawing with pencil and paper and digitally inks. Lazier animators will often use fewer drawings as key frames and fill in the gaps with things like motion tweening or flashy visual effects.

>RK Post is probably my favorite example of someone who's entire style gets cut off at the knees the second he when digital
So you're saying someone who spent their whole life using one medium switched to another medium that they weren't proficient in and the quality of their work took a hit for it?
Fucking brainlet.

>computer generated colors
Wow, computers can create whole new colors now too?

>you can basically see the algorithm of the program they are using instead of an artist's hand
I cannot even imagine being this stupid. What is that like?

Bump

OVAs don't count because OVAs are large budget special releases where most of the time they only sold based off of their animation quality, as opposed to TV anime being cheap and pumped out weekly. A fair comparison is either old TV anime to modern TV anime or old OVAs and movies to modern OVAs and movies, but that doesn't fit the "old anime was better" narrative you retards want.

Attached: 1350279057297.gif (533x300, 2.51M)

Meant to say coloring and if you have ever used a digital art program you can see the the digital coloring and textures that are too common in modern anime.

> if you have ever used a digital art program you can see the the digital coloring and textures that are too common in modern anime.
I am a digital painter, you are talking about of your ass and embarrassing yourself.

>He thinks Redline is new
OVA's absolutely count when the topic at hand is about visual soul, you fucking monkey.

>you can see the the digital coloring and textures that are too common in modern anime.
"I think Akiyuki Shinbou's directing style is representative of all modern anime and not just the shows from a specific company that he directs."

Attached: 1286885886318.png (516x443, 59K)

>He thinks Redline is as old as all the 80s OVAs he posts
>OVA's absolutely count when the topic at hand is about visual soul
Not when comparing them to TV anime, you fucking troglodyte.

Then how the fuck do you not see all the clearly digital work in modern anime, everyone knows they use it, I know, you know, everybody knows it's used but you expect me to believe there is no difference between digital and traditional, that it has no visible differences, that it doesn't leave and identifiable fingerprint?
Come on now, you are so full of shit.

>I am a digital painter
So you're bias on this topic. Gotcha. The fact remains that digital artwork doesn't have the same weight to it that physical art does, and is almost immediately noticeable at a mere glance.

I guarantee none of you never gave a shit about the first RE.

Does it matter?
Killua is so cute when he gets angry.

Yes, it does you fucking tard. It's animation, they can be compared. The "it's supposed to be shit!" argument doesn't apply when talking about overall visual quality of something in direct comparison to something else.

I played REmake a few years before the original, bud. For whatever reason, I enjoy playing the original more. I just admit that REmake is better in just about every way.

No one said REmake was inferior to RE1 until REmake2 shitposting started. It's literally just a bandwagon opinion.

>Then how the fuck do you not see all the clearly digital work in modern anime
God you're stupid. I never said people aren't using digital art in the animation process, I just called you a retard for suggesting it was somehow magically automated by a fucking algorithm.

>you expect me to believe there is no difference between digital and traditional, that it has no visible differences
What the fuck are you talking about?

>So you're bias on this topic
biased*
But no, it means I know more than you. This is not a matter of personal opinion, so bias plays no role in what we are talking about.

>digital artwork doesn't have the same weight to it that physical art does
Meaningless statement.

left has great art direction and comes from a time where it was economically feasible to have a high budget for a standard length anime, but right sticks much closer to the manga's art style while keeping up a relatively high level of fidelity for a long running modern anime.

Metroid Zero Mission.

Not even that guy, but you're a fucking retard.

Compare an OVA to an OVA, compare a TV series to a TV series, this is not hard to understand.

I can't believe how old hxh is

Yeah kinda. Gon is too oblivious and innocent to get it and learned to be a lady's man as girls liked him and he was too nice of a guy to say no. Killua has some gay thoughts and he's too much of a cool guy to admit that. He blushes and gets jealous when Gon gushes about other people, so there is some sort of romantic tension that is unspoken between them. Best bros.

out of your ass, obviously

So I downloaded HxH 2011 the other day planning to FINALLY go through it. I heard 2011 was the better version?

Was I wrong?

>"it has more soul"
>"I just enjoyed it more"
No one cares. If you can't put why you liked a game into words, don't enter the discussion.

Kill yourself.

Yeah and it shows its age in how computers and tech is used. It was supposed to be somewhat contemporary before, but now it's stuck in the limbo of being fantasy early oughts to modern day with smartphones.

but then why does anime look so much better now than it used to?

I didn't say it has more soul. That was my first post about RE in the thread, you PMSing shithead.

>adaptation
>doesn't actually adapt anything and just copies the manga 1 for 1, except it can't even do that right because it skips the main characters entire motivation for setting out on his journey
>bitching about "filler" that adds characterization and interesting and fun character interactions (that are proven true in the manga later on, like ponzu and pokkle becoming a pair) while praising a series that uses fucking recap episodes
>defending the version that only has one sound track, bland colors, and shit animation and art design that completely lacks depth
One scene in 99 has more work and love put into it then the entirety of 2011, fuck off with your garbage already.

Attached: 4df.jpg (995x1079, 173K)

Well in that case I can just compare Pastel Yumi to Redline and talk about how shit the animation in Pastel Yumi was because making sensible comparisons is stupid.

Attached: 142.17f5eb5473d7c372b1e5da52935dbd244ef14c6eoriginal.jpg (640x480, 85K)

Are you seriously so far gone that you're defending filler and shunning sticking to the source material.

That webm prints latex fetishists.

>>doesn't actually adapt anything and just copies the manga 1 for 1,
So it doesn't actually adapt anything, it just specifically does what an adaptation is?

Attached: yikes.jpg (400x286, 92K)

That's even worse, why the fuck did you respond then when that was the topic of my post, to say no actual arguments but "It's an objectively worse game in every way but I liked it more so take that"

I started HxH last week after people not shutting up about it and its nothing special.

It's his backstory

Attached: images (1).jpg (209x242, 12K)

Because you seemed to think that REmake fans didn't like the original.

Any of those 3D remakes of 2D arcade games. I think TMNT Reshelled is one of the biggest offenders.

Yes, you can. I can also say there is a hell of a lot of detail in the image you posted, and given the time it was made, is incredibly impressive at that. It's even funnier, because the show you mentioned was made in 86, and is a lot more impressive looking from that one image you posted than anything shown from the 2011 HxH reboot that started this thread.

It legitimately gets better like a hundred fucking episodes in. There are cool things in it, but I wouldn't recommend subjecting yourself to the rest of it.

Hunter Exam, Zoldyck Family, and Heaven's Arena are super cookie-cutter battle shonen stuff. Yorknew City and Greed Island are legitimately good, while Chimera Ant is a chore for a lot of it but gets 10/10 in the latter half.

hey wait a minute, this isn't Yea Forums

>80's and 90's Japanese animators
Pulled from various media, especially real life
Heavily influenced by the atmosphere and camerawork of Alien, Terminatior, and Blade Runner
Studied classical western art
Wanted to draw stories that invoked emotions

>Modern Japanese animators
Pulls from waifu anime and video games
Heavily influenced by hentai and JAVs
Wants everything to be happy and cherry because bad emotion is bad
Sometimes tries to be edgy to force bad but it's bad!
"Dumb gaijin only good for women to sexualize in our media"

youtu.be/JPRYrbs8978?t=138
Animation and pacing was awesome in the original

First arcs are meh. But by Yorknew it becomes amazing. The Chimera Ant arc is the best shonen arc ever

I don't give a fuck about HxH, I'm just calling out your retarded comparisons and claims. The early 2000s and the initial shift to digital were a low point in anime's history but the standard has risen significantly since then and is far higher than the standard of the 70s and 80s where every TV anime was full of QUALITY that you fags never want to post. And one thing we rarely get anymore that the 70s through 90s were full of is stock animation.

Attached: gG9Uh20.gif (500x375, 985K)

The GBA Ace Attorney remakes

It's literally one of those "It gets good 80 episodes in!" shows. However the series doesn't juggle its protags well. Most of the series thus far is about Gon and Killua. Leorio and Kurapika are irrelevant after Yorknew, and only recently in the manga did they get any sort of action. Leorio in particular is pretty useless and does nothing but complain most of the time.

Yeah, modern anime is pretty bad. Not that there wasn't plenty of shit before that had some of the same problems, but it seems harder to find interesting anime these days. Yea Forumsfags always get furious when you talk about this though. I saw the threads when sites started reporting that Miyazaki quote and they were losing their fucking minds.

>can't actually refute anything I'm saying
>just posts ad hominem
2011 is a disgrace, enjoy your johnny-test-tier animation and art style
>b-b-but muh chimera ant arc!
Yeah, because still frames with a narrator narrating is extremely entertaining and a good use of the medium
Manga>1999>dogshit>2011

>muh ad hominem
>>>/reddit/

>it seems harder to find interesting anime these days
Because only the highly regarded shows of previous decades are remembered and talked about, and in previous decades there was far less anime airing at any one time. In the 80s you only had maybe 5 shows airing in a season, now you have over 50.

>Claims ad hominem when none of the posts he quoted actually contained ad hominem

Attached: 1297789740134.gif (201x342, 3K)

>still can't refute anything

Attached: lol.png (932x662, 1.16M)

Yeah, there's that too. Friends aren't even any help finding good anime since all they care about are cute girls doing cute things.. flavor of the month bullshit. In my teenage years, friends liked shonen and drama and psychological anime and such, and now at 30 my friends are only interested in cute girls.

Refute what, you moron? "I think filler is good and sticking to the source material is bad" isn't an argument, it's an opinion. If you want to refute your opinion, then I'll just tell you again that you have a bad opinion.

1999 looks better in some cases.
2011 looks better in most cases

Attached: header.jpg?t=1550019027.jpg (460x215, 35K)

Your friends expanded their horizons, while you are stuck in the same mentality you had 15 years ago, and you probably still praise Ergo Proxy as the deepest anime ever.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yuru Camp - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_09.52_[2018.01.12_03.58.32].jpg (1920x1080, 126K)

What if I think Ergo is bad

Doesn’t the author himself ship them?

>thinking that scenes that aren't 1 to 1 to the manga are filler and should be ignored
>implying I ever said the source material is bad when I list the manga as being the best rendition of the franchise, followed by 99
>using "your argument doesn't count" as an argument
You haven't watched 99 if you think that. 99's animation alone puts 2011 to fucking shame. Art style, the OST, character moments? It's no contest no matter what bullshit you pull out of your ass. Anyone that knows anything about art and animation and writing can tell with one glance that 99 is and will always be superior regardless of what you secondaries spew out.

But they don’t. Modern anime is super choppy

I don't care if anime is deep or not. I don't watch much anymore because I can't find much that's good, but I'm still interested in whatever's good. Comedy, super serious, adventure, horror, cyberpunk, psychological, mech, whatever. I wouldn't call watching by the numbers flavor of the month trash that has no substance ad uses tropes that are older than my parents "broadening one's horizons".

Literally did not say a single one of those things. You're bitching about logical fallacy, but you can't even keep track of the actual points people are making.
You're a moron and not worth talking to.

>Comedy, super serious, adventure, horror, cyberpunk, psychological, mech, whatever.
Then you have plenty to choose from with several quality shows every season.
> I wouldn't call watching by the numbers flavor of the month trash that has no substance ad uses tropes that are older than my parents "broadening one's horizons".
That's the same shit people said about your favourite anime, buddy.

Attached: 1443448715847.png (1703x1696, 632K)

>still can't refute anything
lol
2011 fans are human trash
go back to fapping to gon x killua hunterpedia clips

>when even your cherry-picked example isn't that good

If you want to talk to me, respond to things I have actually said. Otherwise, feel free to kill yourself at your convenience.

It's the person, not the tool, retard. Everything you described is based on budget, talent, and how much time a person is willing to sink into it.

>That's the same shit people said about your favourite anime, buddy.

Never heard anyone say that about Cowboy Bebop (inb4 entry level because it's popular now). The contrarians at Yea Forums do, but you know this. Being this mad that I agreed that modern anime isn't great tells me that you browse Yea Forums.

That's the old HxH, which has far worse animation in most sections that the 2011 version does.

Not him, but I'm personally getting really fucking tired of high school animes.
Every season there's bound to be 2 or 3 of them, and none of them are memorable.

What about mob psycho 100?

OP here. I must confess, I knew from the start this thread would go off topic because of the OP image, but I knew a thread like this wouldn't work on Yea Forums.

Attached: BD79E87673DA4378862E6E7581F890BF_0.jpg (640x675, 26K)

Any mario remake.

Wouldn't know, avoided it. Looks ugly, plus...ya know, school setting.

>Wouldn't know, avoided it. Looks ugly,
Dumbest poster in this thread if not the dumbest person on Yea Forums.

>posts the worst example
faggot

Attached: 1532095571079.jpg (1116x1798, 507K)

I came here to post this. And I had fun with the NES original as a kid.

Attached: 25c245c1902727a852d12032679f5df9a736a20f.gif (300x300, 649K)

Left is an interesting take, but what is second to last meant to mean other than "EOE came out a couple of years ago and that was cool"?

Guin Saga

Holy shit that second image on the left does otherworldly things to my dick

Do you have the others

that's gay

>That second image on the left
Whoa mama

>Never heard anyone say that about Cowboy Bebop (inb4 entry level because it's popular now)
Found some for you.
>Being this mad that I agreed that modern anime isn't great tells me that you browse Yea Forums.
No, modern anime is mostly shit, you fucking idiot. But so was old anime, which is what you fail to realise.

They were making anime set in high school in the 80s too, you just don't know about them because no one remembers them, just like no one remembers the ones being made now.

Attached: newsgroups.png (1376x814, 55K)

2011 is still better

It’s not soulless if it’s preferred fucko

Objectively Ocarina or Time 3D

Oh boo boo, you can actually see Ganon, fuck off, the positives outweighs your nitpick negatives

>watching on youtube, he is full body naked with chain

Attached: 1373769461979.jpg (301x301, 14K)

You mean Berserk.

>Left: fantastic scenes, symbolism, thought provoking, takes advantage of the visual medium
>Right: Talking heads with exposition, straight out of a HxH wall of text page
Prove me wrong

>Hey dude did you read that Light Novel called Hunter x Hunter?
>Yeah i'm in the second chat bubble on page 10 for like 30 minutes, about to finish in 3 days.
Togashi pls

Does it really matter which version of HxH you watch?

It doesn’t change the series from having it’s horseshit asspulls
Your taking about Kurapika when he pulled the biggest bullshit in existence

>Takes like 30 bazillion episodes to slowly explain Nen
>Explaining how there’s 5 different classifications and everyone is diffeeemt

>In comes Kurapika using his bullshit powers and going

WHEN IM LIKE THIS I USE ALL 5

What the fuck man

This is one of the most terminal cases I've ever seen on this website. There is no hope for this person in life.

Attached: veggie.gif (400x296, 443K)

Hunter exam: 99 > 2011
Zoldyck Manor: 99 > 2011
Heavens arena: 2011 > 99
Yorknew: 99 > 2011
Greed Island: 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attached: 1552926284536m.jpg (1024x1024, 196K)

Well they never set limits on the specialist class and it was heavily implied they are broken. Not really an asspull just you not liking where the story went.

>Old anime

Attached: Lupin III Series 1 - 02 - The Man They Called a Magician [neo1024][480p][v2][542B2BB5].mkv_snapshot_ (660x1920, 376K)

I don’t hate it

I just find that instant really fucking retarded.
Making bullshit within your own circumstances is one thing

But to fuck over the entire system, now THAT is bullshit

Looks kino and better than the standard "so random its funny" moe shit we get today

Based

>the standard "so random its funny" moe shit we get today

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth 02 [BD-rip 1440x1080 x264 FLAC].mkv_snapshot_07.04_[2019.02.12_12.40.55].jpg (1440x1080, 800K)

Well I don't wanna spoil the manga for you but kurpika has massive drawbacks on emperor's time.

bros dont call each other "the sunshine of my life", killua homo af

Difference is this wasn't the majority and atleast had an interesting art style.

Why is the coloring in modern anime always so garish? You almost never see natural looking light anymore

Ah yes... Montana Jones, now THAT was an anime!

Attached: 1994 tv anime.jpg (1120x3744, 1.62M)

Attached: majora'smask3d.jpg (488x488, 97K)

Because its quicker to do and give more room for animation. Also resolution is a thing.

You can do old shading with digital but shit takes way too much effort and time is money.

Attached: __kusanagi_kyou_and_leon_s_kennedy_the_king_of_fighters_and_etc_drawn_by_mori_toshiaki__ab924b288a41 (800x1125, 256K)

Because realism is boring.

Is this supposed to prove him wrong?
All I see is SOUL

Digital kill it

Dunno what point you are trying to prove? we can literally go to any season ever and pick a random ass anime to make fun of. For all i know that series could be good. That list looks way more interesting than nu-anime though.

>Looks ugly
do you judge animation with still frames?

>mfw 2011 Kurapika's Scarlet PS Filter
Yikes

>Thinks mob is ugly
Okay retard

I judge it on whether or not there's a scene of someone dancing with roller skates on.

ah well then its fine i guess

The list shows that almost everything that aired on TV was a cutesy kids' show, or a mecha show (also for kids), and one or two exceptions. Which is significantly less variety than we have now, both in subject matter and in art style.

All anime is for kids/teens.

All anime is for kids, retard.
Just like vidya, we're not arguing over it being some high art, just good.

>This is what Cowboy Bebop fans actually believe

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - 10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.53_[2016.03.13_09.18.12].jp (1280x720, 48K)

Digital art give ton of tools and make the whole process of coloring more quicker.

Isn't impossible to do "traditional" art with digital. Ton of artists switched way back in late 90s or 00s.

My only nitpick is that sometimes it can look a bit too clean and perfect.

Attached: __tachibana_muneshige_sengoku_musou_and_sengoku_musou_3_drawn_by_kojima_ayami__sample-bd8ec8ba0050a2 (850x1216, 344K)

I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop since I was a child, so no, you're wrong.

Lol 90s shades

Cope
Also not even a big fan of Bebop always preferred Samurai Champloo

I don't give a fuck about realism. The colors/lighting in the 2011 HxH is just fucking ugly. Especially compared to the 90's adaption

no the arc was so bad I almost dropped it then I had to watch what felt like filler at the end. The only good part of 2011 HxH is greed island

imagine having such a fucking pea sized NPC brain that you can only think of media in two extremes: shit for kids, and high art

>Just like vidya, we're not arguing over it being some high art, just good.
If you don't care about it not being for kids then why do you circlejerk over anime not made for kids while criticising anime made for kids? If you think anime being for kids is fine but new anime made for kids is somehow worse than old anime made for kids, then you should be able to explain why, for example, Boku no Hero Academia is worse than Hunter x Hunter. Try not to use the words "soul" or "soulless".

Attached: [Over-Time] Kamen Rider Build - 09 [7CDEBD4E].mkv_snapshot_02.10_[2017.11.04_15.40.26].jpg (1280x2160, 523K)

right looks much closer to the original
left looks like generic 90s anime

Illumi's range of emotion is also much better conveyed on the right
in the left he just looks "evil"

Anime is for kids user grow up. There is a reason your kind is looked down on in japan.

>My daddy Robin Williams told me EVA is deep and anime is for adults so I'm not a weirdo manchild for liking it

Cope

Lupin III is kino regardless

>then you should be able to explain why, for example, Boku no Hero Academia is worse than Hunter x Hunter

That's simple, Boku no Hero is the most cliche trope filled pile of shit ever made and literally any other anime is more original.

Yea Forums hates fun anyway, so it's for the best.

Attached: 1552149243880.jpg (640x560, 46K)

Attached: this is what nostalgiafags actually believe is a valid representation.jpg (1368x680, 153K)

Post THAT PAGE

Just because its for kids doesn't mean there isnt variance in quality retard. Also we are all manchildern on a video game forum but atleast i'm not delusional about it.

Who is that qt on the right?

>A lack of originality means it's bad
That's not actually a real argument, you have to explain why that makes it bad. Originality is only half of a work, execution is the other half.

Attached: getter robo wait i mean gurren lagann.png (718x328, 21K)

Pico

Just ripping off every American comic and Japanese manga you read in your life isn't good writing.

Chimera Ants was fucking shit.

Gaogaigar

What works is it ripping off? How is it ripping them off? How does this result in bad writing? How does this in turn result in the work as a whole being inferior to Hunter x Hunter? Use your brain user, I know you can do it!

Okay, first let me ask you a simple question, how do you feel about My Hero Academia?

RISE UP!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: Time to rise up gamers-.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

It's alright. Deku is a strong protagonist and seeing how he influences the people around him over time is one of the best parts of the story, but he tends to suffer a lack of consequence for his actions. Bakugo is a shit rival who is completely unlikeable and unsympathetic. The pacing is pretty bad at times and some arcs have been good (Stain) while others have been pretty bad. The side characters are a mixed bag with so many of them to spread focus on resulting in a lack of development for all but a few. For a TV anime the quality of animation is great. I haven't read the manga and heard it apparently went full retard recently with Deku's powers.

Attached: the anime peaked here.jpg (1280x728, 132K)

imagine having taste this garbage. those 90s filters are fucking fan-tier level and you can't even see them through your rose-tinted prescription lenses nerd

>I don't care anymore
in just that single line, you knew shit was about to go down, since gon is a very caring person who will do a lot for his friends, hell that caring nature is mostly the reason he's there to begin with
then just his steps as he walks out of the temple, goddamn

>Deku is a strong protagonist
Oh no no no no
>I haven't read the manga and heard it apparently went full retard recently with Deku's powers.
The plot in the manga hasn't progressed in 2 years its just been on repeat with training/tournament arcs. Not that guy btw

>all these people are born with mutan-I mean "quirks"
>mutan-I mean "quirks" vary from person to person
>the school teaches people with mutan-I mean, "quirks" how to be "heroes" and how to better focus and use their powers to their maximum potential
C'mon

Attached: 1543428847753.jpg (385x299, 6K)

are you implying that the gouf erupting into flames is not good?

Attached: 1546926226396.png (1296x1080, 1.21M)

It is not.

Attached: giphy.gif (410x299, 1.1M)

>Maverick Hunter X
fuck off, mhx is one of the most soulful mega man games simply for having vile mode in it.

Attached: 36744478_p0.jpg (650x700, 507K)

Good work user, you addressed the first two questions, although only in reference to one comic and not any others. Now try addressing the remaining two.

how wonky UC was, is a big part of the charm

Attached: 1545094247820.jpg (816x587, 53K)

>OLD BAD NEW GOOD
The scene on the left still looks better

So he's reassembling his beam rifle mid-combat? Seems like it'd be a useful skill in space battles. Pretty unfeasible planetside, though.

Gundam has many forms.

Attached: gUZ106D.jpg (639x478, 38K)

Attached: 1487198765881.jpg (600x448, 22K)

Attached: tenor.gif (220x164, 49K)

Attached: 46007515_296067881239742_8193600378634240000_n.jpg (511x960, 140K)

Oh, I'm not even the original person you asked. Just had to point those out. Can't argue about HxH, I've never watched it or read the manga to try to argue one or the other.

>tfw no Dungeon Meshi game

Attached: 48885411_p0.png (1269x2167, 2.84M)

>Bakugo is a shit rival who is completely unlikeable and unsympathetic.

Cmon man.

Change my mind.

He is right. In fact most characters in that show fall completely flat.

Watching him slowly care for others and work as a team in certain situations kinda makes me care for his character at least.

I wonder if this character is actually ment to be a joke poking fun at how much text there is in HxH

You know, i kind of imagine that actually feels awesome for that girl. Women wear super tight shit all the damn time anyway, and that suit looks like it shapes and provides a decent amount of support for her tits.
Imagine having extra fat sacks dangling and literally tugging at your chest skin all the damn time. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
At least my dick and balls probably weigh less than 5 pounds and are mostly made of muscle. And rest when I'm sitting.
Any way for that reason, if you somehow ever end up with the chance try massaging your girl's chest around the boobs, lifting them with the top of your hands and your arms (you'll figure it out) and she'll want your seed. It's the easiest way to make them actually want you to play with them

I think that's intentional. He spent his middle school years being hot shit, with a quirk that pretty much guaranteed him a place as an action hero, enough smarts to get into just about any school he wanted, and everyone knowing both of these things - as a result, he became a petty, self-important douche that got offended by the idea of a loser like Deku running in the same circles as him. Then he finally got into the top class of his dream school, and while he's still a A-student with a great quirk for crimefighting, he's hardly the only person in his class like that, and no one's impressed with his repellent personality and obsessiveness (except for the one guy who likes his ultra-competitive nature). Furthermore, he's finding that he can't actually rely solely on his grades and quirk to be a hero, and that being a prick is holding him back in a lot of ways - unlike loser Deku, who's both fairly popular and actually managing to get ahead in life. And with the whole business with All-Might's career, he was left feeling like a failure without the slightest idea of how to fix it or why he kept coming up short in ways that he didn't think mattered before.

Isn't that just any RPG with food mechanics?

What did he mean by this?

Attached: niggu.jpg (640x360, 51K)

Psycho-Pass is an anime people are still going to be talking about 10 years from now.

Attached: Psycho-Pass is an anime people are still going to be talking about 10 years from now.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Accuracy =/= quality.

Psycho-Pass is a shit anime that everyone already stopped talking about the week after the sequel finished.