I'm having a fucking blast so far

I'm having a fucking blast so far.

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 2.47M)

Yup. This thing is amazing to play on my PC. Smooth frame rate, beautiful settings and sleek and easy combat but with the souls challenge. And since I’m a weeb I love the whole broody and serious muh honour atmosphere.

We don't appreciate your kind around these parts.

it's pretty good

>deathblow

Attached: esy-001462565.jpg (640x520, 41K)

I've come closer to giving up than I have with any Soulsborne game, but I'm still pressing on. I really hope I don't just hit an impassable wall and be prevented from seeing the late game areas.

That's a fake blast you're having.
Play DMCV instead of this casual filth.

It's looking like Genichiro is that wall, for me. 12 vit, 3 attack, and 4 gourds, and I just can't do it. 99% of the time I fuck up somewhere on his second stage (love how his jump attack makes it impossible to see whether he's doing the sweep or the stab after with that big dust cloud, where the fuck is the dust even coming from?), and third just one-shots me once I reach it making it impossible to learn anything.

I fake blasted your mom last night buddy

Why do you come into threads just to whine? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

he's the gascoigne of this game. you gotta learn to use all you skills

can you pause the game?

if he's doing the sweep he takes on a different stance and turns to the side, while with the stab he just sort of draws back. I was able to tell which one he was doing with solid consistency so long as I didn't just jump or try to counter out of pure reaction upon seeing the red kanji.

Just turn on cheat engine and dial the speedhack to 0.5 on the part that REALLY give you trouble.
I don't give a shit if people call me casual, but at least I'm not getting mind numblingly frustrated at one part of the game to the point where I'm not enjoying myself at all.

You too? No wonder she was kinda loose.

I played DMC5 almost nonstop since release and I was starting to feel like I have carpal tunnel in my thumb so Sekiro has been a nice change of pace of R1 combat.

yes

Cheese with the Flame Vent. Bait out Mikiri Counters. Catch the lightning.
Unironically the easiest boss of the game for me so far.
Gyoubu doesn't count cause he's a bitch.

>This monkey fucker

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

>calling others casuals
>recommend a game that easier than DMC1, 3 and 4
Okay

Everyone is, I just came to the realisation that the only reason Yea Forums is shitting on it is because they're bad.

>see countless threads about how difficult lady butterfly is
>beat her on my first try
>game literally tells you how to beat her (side dodge and attack spam her to death)

I guess Yea Forums doesn't have the "summon a friend" crutch to get past hard bosses anymore

Attached: 20190324233338_1.jpg (1920x1080, 362K)

Guardian Ape? I'm up to him as well. I might go to the bottomless pit area first and come back later. That second form keeps getting me.

Gyoubu took me more tries than I cared to count...

That's nice for you, but I literally can't see him. Dust cloud, remember?

This is the most I've enjoyed a single player game in over a year

If he jumps up you know he's going to do a stab(first phase) or a sweep/stab(phase2+) which have different tells.

You should play DMCV instead.
It's way better than this piece of shit game.

Same. Beat the drunkard last night and had to force myself to go to bed at 6am. It's the hardest game I've ever played for sure (not that it means much since I've never played a Dark Souls game, I've never even played Bloodbourne) but this game.. fuck me it's great.

I'll get to DMC5 eventually. They have different strengths.

Thank you for explaining what I already told you I understand. My problem isn't 'he's jumping, what's gonna happen?!', it's 'he's jumping and I'm in phase 2 so it's going to be a sweep or a stab, but oh look there's this GIANT FUCKING CLOUD OF DUST THAT CAME FROM NOWHERE so I can't see which he's going to do'. That fucks me out of my revive, and then if I even survive to the third phase I get screwed by him having like four different attacks that come out of him jumping.

not the guy you're replying too, but the same guy saying this is the hardest game I've ever played, anyways I beat DMC5 in two sittings, S ranked most of it, would consistently get SSS in fights, and I still feel it had basically no difficulty at all. When I beat a boss in DMC5 all I would think is, "finally that took forever".

When I beat a boss in S:SDT I literally scream out "FUCK YEAH" and feel as though I just shot heroin

I like Dark Souls and Bloodborne a lot, but it's going to be hard going back to them after this. The movement and flow of combat is wonderful.

I died once to Gyoubu just because I was panicking about having to fight a horseman as a dude with a toothpick. Turns out all you gotta do was stay close to him.

Why are you even in this thread if you think the game is shitty?

>bought the game yesterday, and played it this morning
>got to the first dream segment
>before that encountered the first mini-boss
>was doing really well countering everything from basic AI, as long as they don't swarm you
>btfo of me so fucking hard that I got people sick with dragonrot immediately
>realized I was playing the game wrong
>start getting super aggressive when I start my new game
>get to him
>immediately get in his face
>attack spam when I can
>deflect when I, but don't roll out
>let him do his red kanji, and attack him before the animation ends
>used my shuryiken, or got in his face again when he tried to bring back his posture
>killed him really fucking fast
>was able to do it without resurrecting during one of my practice battles before new gaming
My biggest issue with prevailing right now is enemies grouping up on me, and me only having one prosthetic.

Sekiro has no strengths. Can't even do a basic juggle on your enemies.
DMCV has fucking everything you would ever want and no bullshit artificial difficulty.

You can see him even through the dust cloud, I had the same cloud. It's harder but it's definitely visible which move he's going to do depending on his character's position.

Haven't played 5 yet but if 3 is anything to go by, those games can be a little hit or miss with their boss fights

also wanted to add that I did love DMC5 and felt it was worth the money. The game was beautiful and a total throwback to the older DMC's I'd play back in my PS2 days. That being said, it's still not difficult and fun in the same way that S:SDT is for me, personally.

When I did that, I got fucked by him flailing his giant-ass spear around, and he's a dude on a horse so when he decided to not be close all you can really do is grapple onto him once he stops.

This has to be bait now

>artificial difficulty
every time lmao

I still loved DMC5 don't get me wrong, I'd probably give it a solid 8.

SSDT is just a totally new ballpark of game for me. I've never played a single Souls or Souls-like game ever just because they seem frustrating, and god damn SSDT is for sure frustrating but it just makes it all the more rewarding. The reason why SSDT is so attractive to me is the same reason DMC5 is however, I love the fluid fast nature of the fights and even though I die a lot and have to repeat area's over and over in SSDT, the combat is so fast and fluid that it stays fun regardless of being hard, where as I feel Dark Souls is so clunky looking that I'd get tired of it.

Same

Once I learnt how you're supposed to play this game its fucking amazing, it actually feels like a sword fight and not a sidestep/block/hit enemy fest.

The Genichiro Ashina boss fight first stage is frustrating as fuck but also exhilarating once you get the hang of it.

worst game ive ever played

Attached: 1wtO6qJ.png (598x258, 28K)

Dark Souls was more defensive where as Sekiro is the polar opposite

>implying dmc v is not the most casual game to come out thus far

Attached: beboer.png (374x347, 162K)

>SSDT
>SDT
Lady Emma model for the actual SDT when

It's so fun ninja-ing a bunch of assholes.

Blazing Bull is kinda shit but it wasn't too bad. Hitting the log breaks the posture more

Blazing Bull fight is trash, but I'd hardly call it unfair trash. Hell, even I beat it on like my tenth try, and Genichiro has been fucking me raw for the last three hours.

Oof that denial and post purchase rationalization. I'd want to be a fly on the wall when you finally realize I'm right.

just hold sprint and attack its ass. dont dodge or parry. beat it first try after figuring it out

I don't know man, I never had issues with any dust clouds. are you reacting to early?

I was until Demon of Hate, now it’s less fun. Who put a Dark souls 3 boss in my Sekiro?

>reads up thread before fighting the boss
>its easy guys

lol

This, absolutely this. I struggled a lot in the start because I've been playing The Witcher 3 so much lately. Unlike The Witcher 3 where even the hardest difficulty is easy as fuck because you can basically dodge spam with quen the game, you absolutely can't do that in SSDT. I've noticed that every time I've engaged an enemy and gone to dodge instead of countering / parrying, I get my ass handed to me. It's a perfect balance of getting right up in the heat of battle and timing button presses perfectly instead of abusing i-frames (which I do in SSDT too however, but I've only noticed the i-frames when I break someones posture and do a deathblow) It's a great tactic for those enemies you can two hit but are in a crowd, because you can use that i-frame moment to get your kill and then quickly jump out of the situation.

Also being able to die, resserect and then haul ass back to a shrine to pray over and over in the more tedious area's make the game feel less shitty when the difficulty spikes up because even though you're dying, you're still maintaining exp and can level up your traits fairly quickly to keep things feeling fresh.

He kicks with his back legs

dont think i ever saw that attack

The game is great.
Literally the only things they can improve in the future are characters/dialogue, the serviceable music, and the somewhat janky wall climbing.
Otherwise, it's amazing.

Which bosses are your favorites?
Even though they're all good, I'm very keen on Genichiro and Divine Dragon. Folding Screen Monkeys are great as well.
ALSO,
Dark Souls 1 > Bloodborne > Sekiro > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 >>> Dark Souls 2.

Attached: 1552830925308.jpg (1465x875, 1.81M)

So did I user, but it gets old real fast

also too add, being able to rush enemies and take them out very quickly is also satisfying in SSDT. rushing an archer only to whirlwind strike at the perfect moment canceling their attack and opening them up for a death blow feels so nice every time. i do find myself cheesing alot of battles with the whirlwind strike however, I find that running around like sanic only to rush a group by whirlwind striking is super effective since it cancels out enemy attacks sometimes, and does quite a hefty amount of damage, plus it looks cool.

>Game crashes not long after I kill Gyoubu's annoying ass and half acquired several other Shinobi Prosthetic attachments
>Fucking Sculptor won't recognize the Shinobi Barrel in my inventory

Well fuck that shit.

(same poster here)

also just wanted to say that The Witcher 3 is still my favorite game ever. even though the combat's difficulty plummets to easy as fuck once you realize you can't be hit when you dodge, and can spam dodge, I still think it was a blast to play through. Plus cutting people in half vertically and slicing off heads and shit during battles always looked so nice. Makes me sad that I can't enjoy The Witcher 3 very much anymore since I've been burned out on it :/

>All these people complaining about the bull
Can’t wait to see the general reaction to Monkey trouble round 2 and Demon of Hate.

>Play perfectly
>Get punished

Bravo Miyazaki. This game is full of this bullshit and the people who love this game are going to ignore it because they forget about all of the failed attempts before they ended up defeating a boss. Spear niggers are just as bad as this webm, If you jump over a spear, it'll still hit you. The hitbox on a spear is a vertical column. When Corrupted Monk does a downward swipe, the hitbox is all around the monk.

>"But bruh, Souls games always have bad hitboxes."
You also don't die in two hits in Souls games.

Attached: nice hitbox.webm (1280x720, 778K)

Blazing Bull is okay. Beat him on my second try. Deflect him when he attacks, keep whacking his ass and side, and if he runs away throw shurikens since it he can't defend from that damage.

Use the axe after he does his big chain of attacks for some free posture dmg

I've seen a couple of people praising Folding Screen Monkeys but I didn't think too highly of it. Call me boring, but I didn't even realise it was meant to be a boss until "Shinobi Execution" came up on the screen.

t. guy who died 10+ times to a tutorial boss

play perfectly? it did a grab and you jumped instead of dodging.

the game literally telegraphs every move lmao, you played wrong and you got punished, boo hoo.

his hand hit you

>gets grabbed by hand cuz doesnt dodge
>i played perfectly wtf this game is unfair :(
>i wish daddy was here to lemme suck cum out of his prolapse

Rampant Parrying: Shadows Deflect Twice.

enjoy fighting 2 of those at the same time

I fucking hate you

It's pretty great. I haven't been this scared of boss fights in a long time.

I did dodge, I was completely away from the ape.

no you fucking jumped away instead of rolling away right as the attack lands like you've been doing for the rest of the game you've played prior to that point, how can you be so retarded?

Wait what

>blazing bull
Literally beat him the first time he showed up.
What seems to be the problem? Just don't lock onto him, dodge a lot and try to get behind him so you can bash his shit in a bunch of times before dodging again and doing the same thing until it dies.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.24 - 14.34.32.02.DVR.webm (740x416, 2.9M)

Just killed Lightning Samurai, was SO good it might actually end up as my GOTY in a year that has DMC5.

>roll away with nonexistent i-frames

are we playing the same game?

Heh jealous console pleb much?

lemme add that i havent even gotten to that boss battle yet how is it that i know this and you don't? unless you're purposefully trying to troll lmao. when you see that red chinese box appear and you see an enemy go to lunge at you, typically it's best to roll where as if he was doing a sweep you'd jump. you instead jumpped too early instead of dodging a few mili-seconds prior

dude, shut up. you haven't even played the game. you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. This isn't like Dark Souls.

you are suppose to roll away from grabs, the game literally tells you this. when you fight the chained ogre you can avoid him grabbing you by dodging right as the grab lands, same with the ape. if you jump instead of dodging you get grabbed. sure that might not logically make sense to you but this isn't reality it's a video game and thats the rules of the game.

double monkey trouble

I know I'm shit but are there any tips for that fucking first chained ogre? I feel like all I can do is chip away at his health for like 10 minutes while dodging grabs but if he lands a single hit It takes +90% of my health. Not really difficult so much as frustratingly tedious. I know about the flame spray tool but are there any ways to deal with this guy faster or is that just how you're supposed to fight them?

Hate to be that guy, but he's right. You dodge when the ape goes to jump towards you for the grab, you don't jump. Think of it as slipping through his fingers instead of being easy pickings from the air.

>tfw BULLED
I fucking hate beast enemies.

The concept and execution just oozes creativity and artistry. I've never seen any boss fight quite like it before.
It's just very unique and it made me very happy to see that game developers still have it in them to create unconventional boss fights.

was i supposed to go to the horse guy before going through the whole dream? because god the game is so much easier now. i had to go through the whole dream with no attack upgrades, no health upgrades, and with 2 gourds. now im blowing through the castle with 4 gourds, a health boost, and my second or third attack boost.

also is there a gourd seed in the dream? i don't remember picking a single one up there.

Playing through the game and trying not to die even once is probably the most stressful thing I've ever done in video game.

flame tool makes him piss easy. just use it. not worth trying to understand his wonky dive-grab or dive-kick hitboxes.

I'm so fucking happy that From didn't play it safe with this game like they did with Bloodborne.

the bull has been my least favorite enemy so far. unchained ogre was more fun. the bull opens up with his bullshit charge where he bucks his head up with a hitbox the size of a moon, and then after that you just follow him around and slice his butt once or twice, then dash back behind him, slice, dash, slice, and if he runs you just follow and get behind him again. he killed me immediately in two charge attacks in the beginning but then i basically did him perfect after that, though it took like three minutes.

Im not but to each his own. I was actually having more fun fighting the horse boss where I died like 5-7 times haven't died more then once since and every mini boss feels like a boring cheese it or deflect it mini game. Juzo was okay but some of his hitboxes felt dumb and his quick slash felt near instant and just encourages more deflect/cheese.

this
we need more experimentation, and i like this kind of combat. if they can get their netcode together, then the multiplayer game that is some years down the line should actually have pretty good pvp.

woah

wait until you get to monkey fucker part 2

I found second form way easier than first, when you deflect overhead slash he get stunned for about 4 seconds

Take out the two dudes at the bottom of the stairs. Rush towards the Ogre but immediately bank right and up the stairs to take care of spear guy. Run back in the opposite direction baiting the Ogre under the tree you can grapple to. Once the Ogre isn't aggro'd to you, do a death blow from the tree. Proceed to run laps around while jumping and giving a wide birth only going in to attack after the Ogre attacks when you've got your window of opportunity. Additionally you can use firecrackers or the fire blast + oil to chip away at health and stun him long enough for additional hits. After a few tries you'll probably be able to take him on without losing much health or even dying.

Same. I like those games but I was ready for something new

DMC4 definitely has the easiest DMD mode in the series. DMC5 probably has the easiest SoS mode in the series though.

Yeah BB was too much like the souls games.

I'm enjoying the game but I don't see myself doing another play-through, I just don't really see much replay value. Does NG+ throw anything interesting into the mix or is it just enemy stat increase like the soulsbourne games?

Attached: 1490908679924.gif (800x900, 1.69M)

>Game has linear unexperimental deflect to win or cheese gameplay.
>People must be bad not to like it.

This From dicking sucking mentality needs to stop. Its alright but its mediocre this is a 7/10 game and anyone who has played more then 5 games knows this. If this game came out and From wasn't on the packaging you'd be honest with it but because you don't play other challenging games and think Souls games are actually hard you shill this shit for egos sake.

Sekiro is harder then Souls though but its not necessarily in a good way. I don't summon anyways never have never did. But its not in a good way. Ill definitely finish it but I probably won't stick around for DLC and ill probably play it in little bits because it sort of sucks. You are incapable of being objective if you think this game is notable it feels like something Ubisoft would shit out.

The death penalty in this one is stressing me out. I’d take anything over everyone getting sick

How do I catch the green monkey? I assumed the big bell would be involved but it doesn’t seem like it does anything

Only reason people are doing NG+ is because they need to feel like their $60 were well worth the waste on this game.

Attached: 1542200537115.jpg (640x640, 51K)

>Hand obviously didn't touch him and was several feet away with its backhand facing him.
>People actually defending this in the replies when hes being warped into the center of his hands because he dodged with a jump and not a dash despite neither having iframes.

Jesus fuck apologists are scary as hell you really will eat shit and love it if Miyazaki has put his name on it. No really im gone you have invalid opinions holy fuck I had no issue with the ape but Jesus you fuckers will apologize for any lack of quality for egos sake in a game that isn't even notably rough. But watch you niggers ever try a Ninja Gaiden Black run above hard mode and claim "artificial difficulty" or some shit despite objectively having polished hitboxes/mechanics good god what a shit community. Learn how to admit when a hitbox is warped as fuck you niggers.

My progress on this place is stuck. I don't know where the "inner sanctum" is, or what the hell this kite does.
Help

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 01.28.29.78.png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

>>Game has linear unexperimental deflect to win or cheese gameplay.
play the game before posting again.

Go kill Genichiro

Idk about you, but I'm looking forward to the speedruns/no-hit runs of this game. They'll be way funner to watch than Souls runs.

>wahh stop liking things >:(

>watch

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>perfectly enjoyable 30 hour initial playthrough is wasted money
What?

Genichiro was honestly not that bad. His posture goes down pretty fast

>le epic calm and tranquil comphee music while moving around that temple mountain
I hate this so fucking much. There's nothing calming in FromSoft games. They're just nerve wrecking for the most part, and MAYBE comfy but only sometimes.

Attached: 1549326139195.gif (444x279, 2.95M)

I seriously can’t use the mortal blade now that I’ve got it? Come the fuck on

That's probably it. Thanks for all the advice, friend; I'll give it some more tries when I get a chance, but for now I need to cool off for a bit.

you can, it's a combat art you can equip.

is there a gourd seed at hirata estate? i don't remember picking one up, but i feel like there has to be a seed there since the area is so big

I just ate and that gif made me gag

Thanks for the tip, I think I've gotten the hang of parrying since I was able to kill the first mini boss with no deaths. Ogre however spams grabs constantly which is the most difficult and inconsistent enemy move in the game. Aside from him this game is the best From game I've ever played and will prolly be GOTY for me

>get the High Monk combat art
>boss attacks towards me, use it and jump over them and kick them in the back into a long combo chain that builds good posture meter while also having a built in delay so the final hit nearly always does health damage
Not all combat arts are good, but some of them are very useful

Kill the midget with Puppet Nijitsu, he will put the kite up for you and you can then grapple over too the edge on the other side.

Guys what the fuck did I just pull off?
I wasn't even doing it on purpose.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.25 - 02.37.47.13.DVR.webm (954x536, 2.94M)

an ambush move from above? the game tells you how to do it

I think I've got a strategy down for him but I'm getting DS2 flashbacks with some of those grab hitboxes. anybody know where I can farm for oil in the first area or the estate?

this

>70% chance to lose half of your experience and money and there is no way to get it back other than grinding for it again.
>if you are stuck on a particular boss and keep dying chance will jump to +90%
>finally beat a boss and feel no sense of accomplishment because you now have to go back and grind for all of the money/exp/items you spent on numerous attempts

So if I'm good at the game it's super short compared to other Fromsoft games, and if I'm bad it's needlessly grind heavy?
That seems like a stupid design choice, not even artificial difficulty, just pointless padding.

Dude, he jumped off the ledge, kicked off the outside of the lower ledge, and used that height to do said ambush move.

It looks fucking badass.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah the combat is fun and challenging and all, but honestly I'd rather be playing a Tenchu game.

You get all necessary upgrades by killing bosses and minibosses. There's no need to grind at all

Not him but
>Get 4 prayer beads for upgrade
>Sweet more health and posture
>Minibosses still 2-hit and easily max your posture regardless.
>Regular bosses are far more balanced and forgiving Hp/posture wise but still challenging
>Repeat until finish

The bosses in the game are soooooo much better than the minibosses that its baffling.

>kicked off the outside of the lower ledge
i thought he did that kick you can do on an enemy when you jump above them and then try to double jump when you fall back down near to them

question: if I have 2 levels of xp and on my way to level 3 and keep dying will it drain my xp all the way back down to 0 or will it stop at 2?

>Manlets with big hats and tall shoes
They know

exp and money are near worthless you cuck

all that matters is anal beads and boss souls

>Playing sneeki breeki style
>Get to Juzou
>facerush a few times with the NPC to learn his attack pattern, note that because lol input delay i'll have to do a backjump for his sweep instead of headjump
>go legit, bait all guards and get ready for the sneak attack while waiting for Juz to reset from yellow
>suddenly NPC screams and rushes in right when I go to enter the stealth animation and throws me into the fight
>wind up dying at 10% of second bar because I get hit by a sweep i'm actually 5 meters beyond

Ok From

You only lose progress to the next level.

You pretend not to see me?

You'll have to be more specific about who 'you' are, user.

I fucking love pulling off the jumpkick

Attached: centipede kill.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

THIS FIGHT IS FUCKING KINO. None of the bullshit gimmick from the other bosses, just a 1v1, two katana guys trading blows. It wasn't even that hard, got it third try. Best boss in the game so far.

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-How-to-Beat-Genichiro-Ashina.jpg (1280x720, 247K)

Why the fuck is my ds4 not working on this piece of shit, I installed DS4windows and worked for a while and now it fucking doesn't, I should have gotten a xbone controller instead damn it

Everyone here is retarded. Rape him with light attacks and deflect and everything he throws at you. The katana bosses are the easiest because if you can pressure them without dying they're easy since they have low posture usually

had the same problem. Use x360ce, then dump the xinput.dll with the .exe
Works perfectly.

Why the fuck are there complaints about linearity? I just stumbled through a zombie-infested cave network, dropped to a pit of poison with a bunch of gunners trying to blast me, then killed a Headless, THEN murked an assload of mist-people, a few monkeys, and a fat guy with bad breath. I literally do not know how to proceed with the main quest. No clue wtf is going on and loving every second.

Attached: 1544596164229.jpg (505x960, 86K)

I haven't seen any complaints about linearity, to be honest. And I've seen like three other ways to go, I just keep throwing myself at Genichiro because I figure the main quest in order can't be harder than the rest of the game so...

>Why the fuck are there complaints about linearity?

It's super linear until you get to Ashina Castle Right after you beat Blazing Bull Until then, you have just the linear path to Ashina Castle and that memory you early on that takes you to Hirata Estate. I was complaining about the linearity (to myself) up until that point, but kudos to FromSoft because when you get to Ashina Castle the game all of a sudden branches off into several different paths and you have total freedom to explore and go about it however you like. This is leaps and bounds better than DS3, which was linear as all fuck the whole way through.

If anything the way the game is designed it's way too open, I'm completely lost and I have no idea where to go or what to do. I've killed like 4 or 5 bosses so far and more mini-bosses than I care to count. It would be nice if the game gave me some tips on where to go and what to do.

you can literally take every single one of those paths before setting foot into asahina castle. none of them are locked.

Make sure you get the Flame Vent prosthetic from the bonfire in the dream segment. Also, if you eavesdrop on people in the dream, you'll hear some thieves who are "unwilling to steal from the Buddha." Kill them and look inside the small temple. Bam, new prosthetic that shreds posture.

I KEEP GETTING LOST!

how? Ashina Castle is the central hub for everything.

I just beat the true Corrupted Monk. How much game is still ahead of me?

about 300 deaths

you remember the monk that gave you an item in a room full of budhas? go there again and there is a bell that you can interact with, enjoy bed of chaos

Well, after you beat the general immediately after the Chained Ogre fight, instead of going to the left and playing with the Snake, you can go out to the right, pick up some confetti, and dive into zombie hell.

I'm sure there are others, but that's the first that springs to mind for me.

Have you not beaten Genichiro? It's probably the hardest battle up to that point. I recommend getting some fresh air and doing other stuff before going back to him. If you go back to the reservoir (where the tutorial took place), you can beat a miniboss there, then drop down into the cave where you started the game, beat another miniboss, then go explore some creepy caverns.

I fought the miniboss in the well, but immediately after him is a long drop and a boss or miniboss that appears undead, and I don't think I have the stuff to deal with undead yet. There's another route, back in the area just before the giant White Snake, but that leads to a Headless guy who I'm pretty sure is also undead. There's the abandoned dungeon, where the first basic enemy I run into gets back up after I kill him, so I'm pretty sure that area is undead too...

dragonblight makes me want to kys myself
I'd rather they just make you lose everything on death and don't punish you for dying/reviving

Wait, other guy here. I went through all of the temples (I think) and just started exploring the creepy caverns but haven't run across Genichiro. How bad did i fuck up and miss something

The trick with Headless is using "Divine Confetti," which allows you to damage them for a couple minutes. If you completed Hirata Estate, you should have some in your inventory. Other undead can be attacked normally; they just resurrect once after you kill them the first time.

Oh, the other undead only rez once? Well fuck, I assumed all undead needed confetti like how the ghosts in DS1 needed a cursed weapon.

Are you supposed to fight the Drunkard 3 years ago as soon as you first get the chance or are you supposed to go do a bunch of other shit first like how you're not supposed to go to the catacombs before the undead burg in DaS? Because this nigger and his faggots have killed me probably more than a dozen times now and it's some of the most frustrating bullshit in any game I've played.

Attached: 1551924690508.jpg (1440x1429, 133K)

Did you kill the Shinobi Hunter first? I think doing so makes a Samurai spawn that you can talk to and have help you with the drunkard fight.

This is the best game I've played drunk since bloodborne. From games always bring it out of me.

I don't recall any Shinobi Hunter but there is a guy I can talk to who can go fight the drunkard with me for a few seconds and then get killed.

Honestly it's unfortunate that abandoned dungeon counts as an area in the travel menu. It's such a non area and makes the game seem bigger than it actually is.

Genichiro is at the end of a long series of rooftops. In the castle, there is a long set of stairs that leads to a General miniboss. At the bottom of the stairs, you should be able to rope your way up to the rooftops. IIRC, this would be your first encounter with Nightjars, who are covered in feathers and throw shuriken at you. Walk/grapple the chain of rooftops, killing the Nightjar who patrol them, and you'll eventually wind up in the castle proper. From there, it's a straight shot to Genichiro.

It's people who barely played the fucking game, same as the ones who are complaining about how the game has no atmosphere. The whole mist area is pure kino, and once you kill the mist noble the bleak eerie feel was fantastic.

Doesn't matter whether the shinobi hunter is alive or not, he will be there either way.

He should last long enough for you to shred the adds.

Or you can kill the adds carefully, reset the miniboss himself, and then go talk to the samurai and doubleteam him.

Without spoilers, was i supposed to get into Ashina castle by now? I'm in some kind of spooky mist forest full of ghosts after ashina depths. I also completed (?) Senpou temple already.

Thanks, I thought I was being thorough but missed something so big. No wonder I was wondering what had happened to the story.

I'm really enjoying this game but that webm is some bullshit, luckily I've had no trouble with bad hitboxes.

Where do I go after beating genchiro?
Do I have to go and talk to ishin? Or can I go somewhere else?
Not counting Ishinn, I can go to either the bottomless pit, the area that you access from a lift, and the area after snake eyes.

Any tip?

I cured the sculptor's and senile woman's Dragonrot, but now 2
3 new NPCs are sick. Those who are cured don't get sick again?

>Senpou Temple
Did you not fight a boss with lightning attacks before this? How the hell did you get there?

All 3 are areas you have to do to progress the story.

Not him but I cleared the forest and the corrupted monk way before genichiro in ashina.

Literally beat him on my second try
I can guarantee you you aren’t attacking him enough

No? After horse guy i looked around the reservoir and the only 2 paths i found were through the well where you started past purple guy, and over the bridge past fat armored bell guy into some kinda dungeon cave that ends in an elevator to senpou. Where else is there to go?

Literally one shot it, first try, no previous knowledge other than seeing it in a trailer
People need to explore and read item descriptions more

I liked MY NAAAAAAAAAME just because of concept. One shot it, but it was just a fun arena and had a nice feel to it.

I fucking rabbit foot tied to a four leaf clover’d through screen monkeys. Orange just happened to spawn right in front of me when I finished talking to the dude who explains how it works, purple was already hiding in the upstairs dark room when I first inspected it, and green did a lazy loop up there afterward and doesn’t move fast enough while falling to get out of range of me. Literally didn’t even look into three of the corners of the arena lol.

Not the guy you are replying to but.
The thing is, no matter how stuck I get I never get frustrated. I just have more fun.

The idea that faggots like this exist on a board obsessed with Resident Evil 2 just baffles me.

Attached: E6E320E52F6B4400BF9997793BCA2775.jpg (537x608, 51K)

Getting owned by Genichiro but finally deathblow him the second time him with barely any health left... only to find out he takes his armor off and comes back again for a third life.

Got killed and went back to see if I just have to play the third stage. Nope. You have to start all over. You have got to be fucking kidding me. That's just fucking wrong.

I got bored and dropped it. The combat is too shallow and the world is not interesting to explore. Good level design but there is nothing worthwhile to find so whatever.

A fair amount of minibosses are flat out ignorable and give unique niche rewards.

How much harder does ringing the bell make the game?

Not the guy you're replying to, but I did EVERYTHING I could before fighting Genichiro. It was by mistake, really. When I was scaling Ashina Castle I completely missed that you could climb to the top of it. I went around to the moat behind the castle and did everything there. It wasn't until I was stumped as to what I'm supposed to do and reexplored the castle.

I genuinely don't understand why people keep citing dmc as a hardcore game. The enemies LITERALLY don't do anything. It's the most fucking braindead action game I've ever seen.

Why do you falseflag?

It’s the perfect balance of challenging while also being completely something you can get in one or two tries because it simply challenges your mechanics rather than ask you to memorize stuff. The only thing that can catch you majorly off guard are the lightening attacks, but if you properly explored just before you know what to do right away anyway.

there's 2 apes there kek

Continue on. You'll get more and more comfortable. Don't wait for him to attack, attack him relentlessly, and deflect whatever he throws at you. When he jumps for that overhead blow, evade to the side.

Oh yeah, and unlock the Ashina skill tree and get those two skills that give you more posture damage. Might even think of getting that third one that makes you take less posture damage.

The shine of his weapon is vissible trough the dust cloud. If the shine goes to the right, jump else mikiri counter, you have time to react.

You can do it without doing other shit but it is easier if you do other shit. I did the memory first and only had issues with the Buddhist polearm butt buddies in the hidden side path, but they’re optional.

If you parry all his second form attacks he'll do a big slam, parry that, he'll fall down then shove your spear deep in his gapingthroat hole and yank it back out. Itll kill a third of his health bar each time

Yes but you can’t progress any further in the sunken valley or the temple until you kill G man on top of the castle

I've figured out the real problem with this game. It's really the power progression. The problem is that you only get power by beating bosses, so you pretty much can only play the game by a boss order.

If I gave a newbie player an absolute instruction of where to go and which bosses to fight in which order, they'd have an easier time with the game. It's pretty crazy how I was so irritated with how fucking invincible the Corrupted Monk was, but when you save him for last (after you've gotten all of the other Memory attack upgrades) then he becomes piss easy.

In Dark Souls game, exploring is what gave you powers. You found weapons and upgrade materials for your weapons. In this game, you don't really get shit for exploring.

I literally can't comprehend how absolutely fucking garbage the exploration rewards are in this game. You create levels with the idea of scouring the area completely in mind and make """"""hidden/secret"""""" rewards shit like Fistful of Ash and Ceramic Shards the norm?
Utterly disappointing.

Also, Terror is a retarded ailment and it tells me Miyazaki learned nothing from how terrible Frenzy was in Bloodborne. Having to genuinely get materials for little mini-bosses is awful.

Otherwise I'm enjoying this game.

Attached: 1541637599473.jpg (397x230, 23K)

After horse guy, you work your way up to the bridge with the old lady on it. To the left, you can grapple to the reservoir. Then follow these instructions:

this is a fun grinding spot

Attached: decent_grinding_spot.webm (1280x720, 1.91M)

Really wish my controller wouldn't disconnect after an hour of playing. Guess its worth the struggle to play it on PC.

Opinions on Divine Abduction? The fan prosthetic. It has to be worst one, right? The build up makes it completely useless

Consumables are extremely valuable in sekiro because of the difficulty and money scarcity you fucking dumbass.

Ceramic pieces and the fucking gummies that make you harder to detect are worthless

What the actual fuck does that have to do with anything of what I said?
>money scarcity
Hardly.

>Man why is this demon mage guy so fucking tough, do I need an item?"
>Maybe I need to pull his armor off/ burn him/ use the poisoned shortsword etc
>Perfect his fight and constantly keep on his ass, running and weaving through spheres to deal running attacks and combos and perfectly deflecting his swings
>Beat him
>Turns out I had to use divine confetti

Attached: 1527810668343.png (750x903, 694K)

The gold upgrade of it can be used to farm a shit ton of cash and items from the monks so it’s not entirely worthless. I think the finger is the most worthless one

>mfw getting my shit pushed in by an old lady with knives and butterflies

I don't wanna give up, but jesus christ how do I get gud?

Attached: 13368F41-AB20-4738-82EA-DE57831FA8F3.jpg (547x613, 39K)

When will the hidden boss phase surprise fuck you meme finally die?

upload your HAH play through little bitch

when you see the red symbol above your head, jump straight up, then double jump off her, it'll fill up her posture meter really fast

If the old lady is the first boss, you could try going another route and fighting the horse boss. You'll get a few upgrades which helps a little bit, plus you learn how to play the game a bit more.

don't be afraid to die, just keep attacking. this advice will sound gross and wrong, but use resurrections as a resource in battle. that mechanic enables you to fight recklessly.

An interesting aspect of resurrection is that whilst normally you can only resurrect once during a battle, if a boss has a second phase you'll be able to earn enough points to resurrect a second time during that battle. With this in mind, you can get through a fight without chugging your heal gourd or using it less.
old lady has a second phase

me, by points, I actually mean it'll just let you resurrect a second time within that same battle.

Ahh, right. Thanks.

Yeah it's my first boss. I've beaten six minibosses so far and haven't found this horse guy. I will take a deeper look.

It took me four tries to get to her second phase for the first time. That seed ain't doing shit. I will look for some more stuff before I fight her again.

same

Attached: 1534897988572.png (735x590, 307K)

The fact that you have to dodge his attacks what feels like so late is what fucked me up, took me about five or six tries. I think his animations and all the debris that can get in the way in his arena caused me to sperg out more than they should have.
For anybody struggling, stay in tight on his ass, especially in a corner of the arena. Use the fireworks from your prosthetic for a quick stun, too. Dodging to the right or left was effective for me, too.

What the fuck are you supposed to do after Genichiro? I got the blade and the petal, and got into the depths but is that REALLY the only path fighting essentially the same boss in a row with the apes

>MY NAAAAAAAMMMEEEE
>IS GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1345483096060.jpg (250x250, 17K)

i die alot playing the game, is dragon rot really that bad?

>There are people on this board who had trouble with Lady Butterfly

Attached: bf.webm (812x456, 2.86M)

emofags seething because their game got kicked out in less than a month by a game with actual gameplay instead of being a glorified cutscene with "mash O to kill everything on screen with style" the whole time

Attached: 52287155_2220279431558662_4606790765027262464_n.jpg (549x556, 24K)

The hardest part about Blazing Bull is not falling asleep during the fight.

Anyone know where the save files are saved for pirate version?

Attached: 1547843619590.jpg (255x244, 9K)

He doesn't know lmao

I was actually looking forward ng+ until I saw you have less posture recovery for no reason.

Attached: 1546988054866.png (500x477, 136K)

Yeah, once it finally clicked that you're really meant to focus on posture instead of health, I finally understood how to play the game and really started enjoying it

I'm on Lady Butterfly now and even though I keep losing it's a ton of fun. It's so fast paced and it seriously feels like a real swordfight. It's awesome

Lady Butterfly is the first BOSS boss I'm fighting, is there some other one I should fight first? She's fun but damn that second phase

>double jump off her

Wait, is this a move you have to unlock or can you just do this? I've been taking that opportunity to just do a bunch of midair swings