A soldier has been formally charged after “losing his rag” during a virtual battlefield exercise and killing his...

>A soldier has been formally charged after “losing his rag” during a virtual battlefield exercise and killing his comrades.
>The Edinburgh-based Army rifleman is believed to be the first soldier to be punished under UK military law for offences in a virtual scenario rather than in real life.
>He is said to have been fed up with being stuck at a computer rather than training outside.

Should people face real life punishment for crimes committed in vidya?

Attached: team kill.png (675x726, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY
youtu.be/HI3AS7p5lt8?t=64
nj.com/burlington/2017/06/i_am_a_felon_for_being_6_minutes_late_to_a_meeting.html
youtube.com/watch?v=X-3E_JbTS0w
youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88
youtube.com/watch?v=NtdFNAdwe8k
youtube.com/watch?v=HiXAOf56RRE&list=PLIEv5KcGcawxZ6RLuOWAqMhqW8PY__IV2
youtube.com/watch?v=JOm6iZZgbj8&list=PLIEv5KcGcawxZ6RLuOWAqMhqW8PY__IV2&index=13
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Absolute state of UK

>play military simulator game
> it's supposed to train you for real combat
>you kill your buddies in the game
>they charge you like its a real crime
Fecker deserves it
Teamkillers need to be banned IRL

How long before killing someone in a vidya game is considered murder?

Good, we need to start incarcerating virtual murders and potentially look into euthanasia for men who rape virtual girls.

What exactly was he charged with? You can get in legal trouble just for refusing to obey an order, it's probably just something like that.

shouldn't they had made some kind of personality test by the point?
sounds retarded as fuck

When playing video games is LITERALLY THEIR JOB, then yeah maybe they should be punished in real life when fucking up.
Being a soldier is not a hobby, it's a job.

>getting punished for TK in real life

What, legally charged? I'd expect disciplinary action to be taken since this was a military exercise, not a casual gaming session. Guy didn't follow orders, you don't fuck about with that.

>virtual training for a physical task
How is this a thing? That's like saying NBA teams can practice by playing sports vidya.

>You can get in legal trouble just for refusing to obey an order
This is why I never went with the Navy, imagine being so cucked you sign your rights as a human being away to a government.

Soldiers have to obey. If he was told to play vidya and refused to do the task correctly, he should be charged. People's lives depend on him not chimping out when he doesn't like his task

Yeah it be under disobeying orders. He's training not playing a game for fun.

There's more to training than just physical exercise. While it's important to do live training to build muscle memory, virtual training is helpful because it allows learning and practicing tactics without exertion, and resetting the battlefield is as easy as pressing a button.

b but muh fighting for Israe- I mean USA

Look at this bullshit clickbait. Seriously """"Internet Journalism""" is the fucking bane of the world, since journalists don't fucking care about looking like retards trying to squeeze ad revenue at all costs. This is why I use and abuse ad blockers and when I see begging to turn it off, I just use the ad blocker to block the begging, stupid little fuckers.

Attached: 1544422840199.png (720x540, 500K)

youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY
Could be something like this

fucking dumb in my opinion whats next thought crimes

we are crossing a threshold fellas, orwellian threshold

It's a thing. Strategy kind of stuff. Military across various countries have adopted vidya as training exercise. You got mounted turrets and drones being remote controlled using xbox controllers.

Retard. I'm an accountant. That's what I signed up to do. If my boss told me to go pilot a helicopter, I'd tell him to fuck off

>"The unidentified Rifleman was reprimanded after the exercise and later formally charged with disobeying orders. His reputed punishment was to spend a weekend carrying out guard duties at the 3 Rifles base at Redford Barracks in the Scottish capital"
Sounds appropriate to me. He was throwing a hissy fit in a work setting

Since OP is a faggot.

Attached: 1552440739042.png (1001x2561, 803K)

probably just the reporter being retarded. Milsims are used to visualize tactics, not as a substitute for actual combat training

oi m8 you got a loicense for that simulation

is anything not illegal in the UK

You know you wave your rights when you enter the military right?

No, it's more like saying NBA teams gather around a blackboard to discuss tactics instead of practicing 3 point throws all day. Which I'm sure some of them do. It's highly unlikely that they all run around the playing field like headless chickens instead of having a set of tactics they have pre-simulated to follow.

there better be a fucking severe backlash to this. the guy was playing a fucking video game. stupid fucking retards.

Attached: 1544022087018.png (625x682, 43K)

Oi you got a loicence for that vidya?!

If you have a license, you are allowed to watch TV.

How do they know it was him? Doesn't sound like he was playing in his spare time at home. Otherwise they wouldn't know that
>PussyDestroyer86
was him.

Bong-Land world 2 is crazy

nuke it

Attached: 1471268530758.jpg (960x777, 56K)

How long until UK requires a video game license for each gaming capable hardware you own?

>Charged with assault for griefing

I can see it with how things are going

Maybe you do in your shithole country, but I don't.

That sounds about right. I can sympathize with the guy, the training doesn't sound well designed, but he disobeyed orders.

Retards in here looking for something to knee-jerk at. This would've happened in the US too.

Imagine being so cucked you spend your whole life on Yea Forums

>People's lives depend on him not chimping out when he doesn't like his task
Spoken like a true peasant in nobleman's clothes. Desperately clinging to keep the military a brainwashed flood of robots rather than human beings with integrity and honour, contributing to their nation and the people of their nation.
The only reason this thought process exists is to clutch onto the hopes that when that nation revolts against your kikery, the robots will kill their own neighbours.

Actually, they can.

It's a whole lot cheaper to walk through a specific maneuver or task multiple times in a virtual setting before you practice it in full kit. You have to do it afterwards to actually have the practice, but the simulation can save you fucking up in the field and wasting everyone's time.

This is no different than NBA teams and their coaches watching their opponent's games so they can practice to counter specific plays.

>"He then drove down the street deliberately smashing into cars. It's safe to say the officers in our battalion did not find it as funny as we did."
Sounds like he was having some quality bantz with the lads.

Its not like he's being dishonorably discharged. He ragequit a simulation and is being punished for it. Kinda reminded me of a similar incident in the novel Starship Troopers.

Just to be clear he was punished because he violated orders during an actual military simulation.

This would be the equivalent of an airline pilot purposefully crashing his plane during a flight simulation test.

Maybe because they put him in front of a military owned laptop with a premade account probably using a user ID based off his dog tag or whatever and his superiors oversaw the exercise.

In the US, he would have gotten a NJP and the news would never have heard of it, because it's 100% identical to getting written up at work for fucking up a project by breaking procedure.

Only in the UK

Calm down gorilla brow it wasn't a personal insult. I hope.

Attached: 1551745137489.png (427x576, 310K)

I think walking on a public street is still legal in the UK

A soldier who loses his head on the battlefield usually loses his head on the battlefield. Get my meaning?

>He is said to have been fed up with being stuck at a computer rather than training outside.
Fucking casuals

This is military shit. Cry all you like but military have vastly different rights than civilians. In the US, You voluntarily give up most of your rights by signing into the military. Laws are very different for military people. Don't join the military and try to act like it's Yea Forums. They'll crush your fucking skull in.

FUCK teamkillers hope he gets the death sentence.

Where I come from, a soldier who loses his head in combat is called a target

To all retards who start going
>lol UK
>see they want to make vidya a crime
Go and end yourself, this was part of his training, mind you, training for his job and as such they were in the right.

except in virtual you have no feeling of the gear and anything else, because it is litteraly you sitting in front of a computer and listening to some guy telling you exactly what to do every minutes, these class only exist because the armies budget are so badly used they can't even pay ammo and fuel cost for training, usually you had an hour class with someone presenting you on a white board the plan and detail of each unit during a certain scenario and then you are send into a fake town/whatever and do your training there with blanks or without shooting at all. but instead they made these and now you got barely well trained units that compensate their lack of field experience with fuck ton of technologic tool that cost arms and leg, and even with those they can't even shoot properly because "lol no budget for ammo"

HOLY SHIT this is funny
but yea if you want to make a cult go ahead. those are fucking great and the only way to beat the whole world on your crusade to kill everyone else

Attached: 1519730907037.jpg (375x500, 41K)

OI

>"training"

>muslims raping and killing kids irl
>"..."
>kill someone in a video game
>"REEEEEEEEEEE"

He didn't get charged for shooting his teammates in de_dust. He got charged for disobeying orders during training. It would be the same if he told the sarge to go fuck himself during the wall climbing exercice.

can i get the government to pay me to play video games too?

Join the military and find out.

>training
>for his REAL job
>in a video game
If anything, he's the only decent soldier left.

Found the Britbong.

Off topic but is joining the military worth it? Its better than wasting my time shitposting on Yea Forums all day. My body is pretty ok so with some training I could be good.

>Disobeys orders
>Gets stuck on shitter duty

I don't really see what's wrong with that.
If you can't handle a two week course in an office how are you going to deal with day 90 of a shit situation

A videogame yes, but don't act like simulations are new, I don't see what's bad, or would you rather have them learning about tactics in a complex every single day, this is so that when they have to move on to the other part of the training they won't make the most basic of mistakes and waste time.
Piss off.
No.

youtu.be/HI3AS7p5lt8?t=64

is there anything else you can do and do you have any diploma ? if yes, found a normal job, if not go military

keep in mind the later you start working the less money you will have for your retirement

Do you know how long flight simulators have been used to train pilots? Sometimes it’s easier and more effective to train in a simulator, and you aren’t allowed to treat it like a game or else you won’t learn anything.

The military is full of fucking dorks and weebs, you better not hate anime because there's apparently not much to do during downtime so people resort to fucking marathoning weeb shit

this seems like something some board room lich came up with to cut costs of actual war games.
>dude it's cutting edge realistic simulation, look at this big 360 screen
>we're going to save so much money doing this
>military simulations are the future i read about it in a magazine one time

Attached: Soldiers_from_the_Royal_Artillery_inside_the_FST_Simulation_tent,_which_uses_360_degree_technology_t (3000x1997, 1.37M)

don't have diploma. Im kind of hoping i get killed so I dont have to live this miserable life.

i think you're deliberately bending the truth because you want something to be mad at

>this is so that when they have to move on to the other part of the training they won't make the most basic of mistakes and waste time
Except they will, because they aren't actually doing any of the things they are doing in simulations. Simulations are used as an entry point for complex roles like piloting or aeronautics, not rooty tooty point and shooties.
What you are suggesting then, is that all the kids playing call of duty are hardened, experienced soldiers, which is absurd. You NEED to physically perform these training operations in order to use them in high stress situations.

we truly live in an interesting times

>3 weeks of guard duty
played into his hand

>don't have any diploma
welcome to the club, quit bothering finding a job and join the military

You absolute fucking tool, I never once said that being good at a shooter means you're SAS material, no shit.
THIS IS FOR TACTICS. NOT SHOOTING
or do you think the military is all about rushing a point and just shooting bro

Yea Forums in one sentence

Can't speak for other countries, but over here it kinda depends on what you want to do with your life. They don't pay all that much, but you get free meals, a place to sleep, insurance, and in exchange they pretty much own you and dictate how you spend your days save for holidays, unless they need you for those too. It's better than being homeless, but you can live a comfier, more productive, and fulfilling life outside the military. It's a bit weird, because most shit revolves around enclosed systems that are detached from civilian life. Hell, police can't even touch you, though military police can and they're generally harsher.

Who military boys here, anyway? We got mandatory conscription over here so that's all I can say from my experience.

>teamkillers getting charged IRL
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Attached: 1552614813423.gif (170x207, 80K)

This is still giving them the physical application of training, which is leagues better than trying to train them with a mouse and keyboard, or a controller.

All of my friends dropped out after 5 - 10 years and say they hated it.
Some fell for the get educated in the military meme and the majority work in call centres now. Only upside is not getting into student debt from what I've heard.
This is RAF/British Army though.

Just research into it before you leap

this. people outside of the military are fucking retarded and don't understand basic shit you can't disobey orders even if you think it's dumb

Attached: youcanalmosttasteit.png (341x362, 90K)

>THIS IS FOR TACTICS. NOT SHOOTING
This is my exact argument you brainless clown. You are negating your own points. They will not remember DICK about their tactics training from video games while bullets are whizzing past their heads, if they haven't physically performed them.

>click bait article title
>75% of people in the thread don't even read the article and just want a soapbox for their hate for the UK/military/government
>retards make terrible analogies to other professions
>barely anyone sees that his disciplinary action was just being forced to work shit detail for a while

Yea Forumsideo games

>Playing games online
I don't give a fuck LMFAO i don't have enough autism to be caught dead playing online with 12 year olds niggers faggots and shitty toxic cunts anyways.
Your all going to jail HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Attached: Grin.png (633x874, 89K)

Nobody is going to listen to the only sane person in this thread because you're all such pissy fucking children looking for the next thing to be mad at. If you were all serious about the issues facing the industry you'd still be talking about real problems with it instead of continuing to promote this shitty outrage culture so that when something actually fucking happened you'd have the energy to be mad about it and maybe change shit

he who gives up freedom for security ends up getting neither.

>deliberately smashing into cars
what game is this? sounds hilarious

What in the fuck are you on about? What you'd practice first in a game is something like formations with your squad, proper ways to enter a room, how to traverse open fields based on terrain, and other movement and positional stuff. This is also just like the first step of training, you do live exercises later as part of the same training. You're being a dumb faggot intentionally by saying anyone, at any point in time, has said simulations are a stand-in for field exercises.

is this supposed to be reverse psycology?

Honestly he should be discharged. Who wants to trust their life to a guy who has shown he gets frustrated easily and takes out that frustration on his comrades?

uk is a joke of country

>enlistedfags forget that they are enlisted

Do militaryfags forget they are military?

nj.com/burlington/2017/06/i_am_a_felon_for_being_6_minutes_late_to_a_meeting.html

>"When he said I was guilty, it didn't hit me until after I sat down and thought about it," Manago said earlier this month. He realized he was now convicted of a federal crime "for being six minutes late to a meeting I requested, that was about wrongdoing. Something is wrong."

Boohoo, you signed the contract dummy. No one elses' fault just because you can't read.

Attached: laughing harlots.jpg (500x499, 57K)

>You're being a dumb faggot intentionally by saying anyone, at any point in time, has said simulations are a stand-in for field exercises.
They guy from the OP sure seems to think so.
>>He is said to have been fed up with being stuck at a computer rather than training outside.

You absolute bellend and I TOLD YOU, THEY DO IT HERE AND ALSO ON REAL LIFE
WHATS SO HARD TO GET ABOUT THAT? YOU FUCKING TURD

>takes out that frustration on his comrades
by shooting them in a video game and wrecking some virtual cars? better lock up everyone who ever played a gta game. jack thompson was right, we need to ban these murder simulators.

Jesus christ you fucking retards, stop getting baited so damn easily.
He got charged for disrupting the retarded virtual training and he was charged with 3 days.of guard duty.

Clearly not enough.

>joins a military
>willfully disobeys an order
WOOOOW, WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME THIS WAS A CRIME

He's lucky he is in a Westcuck military, a real military officer from a real military would have simply taken out their sidearm and fired into his skull.

How many of you nerds have even worn a uniform before?

Arma probably

>respecting a chain of command is being a cuck
confirmed NEET
the military is actually more lenient than civilian jobs.
depending on the weight of the order, you can get away with just a slap on the wrist, if you disobey orders on your civilian job, you get fucking fired.
by the way, you reserve the right to disobey an order that violates certain laws or rules, contrasts the orders of a higher-ranked commander, or endangers the safety and welfare of the mission, yourself, or your comrades.
so have some respect you fucking cunt.
if you need me, I'll be enjoying my free health care and education.

i wear a uniform every day i go to work at maccas

OI YOU GOT A LOICENSE FOR THAT TEAMKILL M8?!

lol. Why would I ever serve my country? I don't give a flying fuck about anyone except myself.

No.

He joined a military, his fault for thinking civilians rules applied to him. He wasted an entire unit's time, leading to additional hours in the training scenario (I'm sure some of the higher ups had families/kids that they wanted to get back to but instead they had to waste time with Private Retard because he wanted to be the center of attention)

Fuck him. And fuck you too.

Attached: max smug - laff.png (959x627, 714K)

>dude why don't they just allow soldiers to disobey orders, what a shitty country

In army, I have done this exact scenario with the same equipment, but for only a few hours total.

I don't understand why their leaders would force them to do this as a job for weeks. The graphics are shit because the military is always shittier than they let you know, controls are shit, the missions are completely full of bugs.

Just glanced at the article and he acts exactly how I would have, except i would start tk-ing after 1 day. 1 day is probably the limit of knowledge or wisdom this game holds.

UK confirmed cucked, 3rd world, and unable to win a war against a 1st world country. Why don't you just capitulate.

Nice false equivocation. GTA is not a military exercise. What I'm saying is, is that if this guy is cracking under the stress of performing in a virtual environment, I'd be worried about his reliability in the actual field.

Is this the part where you brag about your shitty logistics job where you topped out at E-4? Sad. Hope your incredibly short military experience wasn't the peak of your life (and that peak was probably fucking bootcamp LOL).

Yeah, which is why he's being punished.

>What do you mean I have to sit inside and assemble and disassemble my gun? I want to be out there shooting my gun!

Simulations are just supplemental material for field exercises and sounds like the guy in the article is a dumb faggot who can't stand the idea of doing something they consider "nerdy".

He joined the military to shoot real guns not play COD he did nothing wrong

playing a shitty video game isn't real training. is everyone who regularly plays arma a god tier operator? no, some retard read about vr simulations in a shitty tabloid or something and thought it sounded cool.

Anti-social tendencies are a symptom of depression, and possibly deeper mental illness.
If you REALLY care about yourself, consider seeking psychiatric help.

>can't win against a first world country
The US couldn't win against vietnam.

Believe it or not, but some people are willing to take a bullet for the greater good.
The guy obviously believes the amount of time they spend on "simulations" (videogames) are a detriment to his country.

>can't disobey
sounds cultish
nah totally is rational tho i mean can't have more than one person controlling everything so go do it yourself

Fair enough

>playing a shitty video game isn't real training.
But its still a unit activity pushed forward by a superior officer. And he disrupted said activity. Now he is being punished.

Cope. Fag should have had a higher rank

Attached: shrugging fat man.png (380x318, 164K)

While it's technically within their right to charge him for the crime, it's unreasonable. I imagine he must have pissed off the brass for awhile with his complaints and paperwork.

Yes except in both flight simulators used to train pilots and in real life aircraft you are sitting down, using the exact same controls as the real thing, with the same visibility

Urban warfare requires peak spatial/situational awareness and physical fitness, you can't train for that on a small laptop screen with 90 degree first person POV, you don't fire your weapon the same way you do in a video game, there is no mouse in real life

Urban Warfare centres in the field and the DCCT exist literally for this kind of training, what you're seeing here is a classic case of officer sanctioned "good training opportunities" because they have no fucking clue what they're on about, even VR would be better.

Another thing, if he's getting in trouble for doing this or being told to do this for weeks, he's probably autistic or a shitbag. We would make autists and shitbags do repetitive useless tasks over and over because they were a waste of space.

We'll he can sacrifice himself to some nice hazing for the time being.

Nah, fuck off.

Are you people RPing or actually retarded?

>the military is actually more lenient than civilian jobs.
Uh no, it fucking isnt.

I can pick myself up and move to any country and do anything I want with my life.

The moment you sign up to any army you lose all your rights completely. Go on, sign up and join your countries army for a year and then tell them you want to quit. Or be in the middle of war zone and say 'Yeah im done gonna go home and play CoD"

>nah totally is rational tho
He joined, he wanted those welfare bucks so he can deal with the consequences
>nah
>tho
You should know all about qualifying for welfare, homey dawg. Am i right?

>Now he is being punished.
His country is being punished every day this shit goes on.

No, he wasn't. He was training. He disobeyed orders and disrupted the training. He is punished for it.

I'm just selfish m8. I never liked sharing my toys as a child either.

>the military is cultish
what's this psychotic bullshit you're spewing

You mean we couldn't win the hearts of the people and we lost support at home. The U.S. could have turned Vietnam into a glass desert.

He hasn't been charged with a crime you retards, it's just an AGAI 67, what you yanks would call an NJP, it's the same thing that deals with negligent discharges, lost/damaged equipment, showing up late to parade, that sort of shit.

He's not being "charged" for brassing up his oppo for a bit of bants in the video game, he's being punished with a bit of weekend guard for fucking around

you join the military to obey orders for the sake of the mission. guns only factor into it if the mission demands it.

Do y'all not look into things yourselves? The article says his punishment was a weekend of guard duty. He got the same punishment they'd give you for disrupting a class.

>implying getting out after 6 years with a 4-year degree and zero student loans isn't the most chad way to serve
Thanks for the free college, America. Peace out.

Attached: ollies outy.gif (289x373, 1022K)

>he thinks he gets to join a military (I wanted dem benefits) and then do whatever he wants like he was a civilian

Remember why higher ranking sergeants and officers have handguns. Those aren't for the enemy, dummy.

Attached: Saving Private Ryan - Sergeant Horvath.jpg (600x325, 38K)

Airforce here. Stationed in Okinawa for three years. Wouldn't be here if I wasn't in the mil. I'm pretty happy.

This isn't 1942 you fucking stupid cunt, Officers don't get to execute the blokes

You know, technically he isn't wrong. You have to majorly fuck up to be 'fired' from the military. There's disciplinary consequences, but those are different from your boss telling you to fuck off and stop paying you. You also don't lose your rights, you exchange your civilian rights for military ones. You can quit, but there's a procedure. Usually a long one.

I was wondering why it seems like everyone ITT is getting all their knowledge of the military from video games before I realised I was literally on Yea Forums and not /k/

Attached: 1524697033747.jpg (640x801, 91K)

>FUCK ORDERS I DO WHAT I WANT
*gets punished
>WOOOOOOOW, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW MILITARY LAWS ARE DIFFERENT

What a mindlet. Pic related should have immediately been shot in the face by her Captain
youtube.com/watch?v=X-3E_JbTS0w

Attached: Kait_Diaz_Gears_5.jpg (800x533, 51K)

They have handguns incase a muslim joins up and decides to jihad one day

>I can sympathize with the guy, the training doesn't sound well designed
This. A milsim like Arma can definitely be useful for practicing things like movement, formation and tactics, but a 2 week long pretend war sounds absurd. A good way to utilize it would be practicing something in the game before taking what you learned to a real life exercise.

A lot of it is communication, recognizing situations and applying theories to resolve situations.

Theres a lot of cross over considering the world hates straight white men, and video games are the only media that have not yet been completely infiltrated.

Yeah, that excuses him wasting everyone else's time just because he was in a mood. This is why hazing needs to exist.

You can't bunny hop in real life.

What the fuck are britbongs doing? Do they want to overtake Sweden?

huh, so this is how Pre-Crime becomes a reality

ITT retards

probably virtual battlespace, it's a modded version of arma they give to the military for this shit

It was a military exercise. They didn't arrest some random guy for killing someone in a video game, they just disciplined a soldier for not following orders.

>this many anons talking out of their asses
Genuine cringe desu.

Seeing all these ads in London last year was so fucking weird. It's like I'm on some 1984 film set except it's right there and government sanctioned.

>Should people face real life punishment for crimes committed in vidya?

Well yeah. Duh.

Attached: 1525273244881.png (500x533, 66K)

Lol, reading those comments
A dirtbag got what was coming to him it seems

>Finish your required training
>"Alright lads, toim to go to the battlefield. Sod off you lot!"
>board an airplane
>while over the Middle East, hear the pilot shout over the intercom
>"Oi m8, where's the bloody D-pad on this thing?"
>crash land in the middle of hostile territory
>start taking fire
>the few remaining comrades shout in panic
>"I'M PRESSING FIRE WHEN GUN'S EMPTY BUT THE RELOAD ANIMATION AIN'T STARTIN"
>"BLOODY HELL, HE'S DEAD ALREADY? WHY DIDN'T HE USE A CONTINUE, IS HE OUT OF QUID?"
>"HEY, GOT ONE! JUST 29 MORE AND I CAN NUKE THESE BASTARDS TO KINGDOM COME! OI, DON'T TAKE MY KILL!"
>"I'VE BEEN SITTIN HERE BLEEDIN FOR 30 SECONDS! WHY'S MY HEALTH NOT GOIN BACK UP?"
>"MOUSE AN KEYBOARD ARE SUPERIOR CONTROLS TO THIS GARBAGE!"
>"LADS, THIS FRAMERATE IS INCREDIBLE"
>die planning to down vote this map the next time you enter the lobby

How is spending two weeks straight playing MoD-brand ARMA supposed to make people better soldiers? Don't you need to go out and actually practice doing soldier things instead of literally just playing video games?

Attached: 1528651619967.gif (410x412, 861K)

>Single player games
>Still existing in 10 years

You need to develop those twitch reflexes if you wanna score a lot of headshots and shiet, you know

>"LADS, THIS FRAMERATE IS INCREDIBLE"

My sides!

fucking golden post

Attached: 1525266491709.png (278x322, 200K)

You don't know what you're talking about. The direct text cites obeying a "LAWFUL ORDER."
For example if your CO tells you to kill yourself, you should do it to rid the world of your stupidity.

Attached: 1553196237638.jpg (640x496, 26K)

he was charged with disobeying orders (an internal military charge) and punished with chores. just some faggot military shit, one faggot babykiller waving dick over another.

Attached: thum.gif (200x155, 1010K)

Which is also NO BIG FUCKING DEAL, YOU FUCKING RETARD.

>guard duty
>good

that shit is the most boring crap there is, basically like watching paint dry but with legal responsibilities.

Your goddam right i am better than you losers LOLOLOLOLOL

Attached: LOLLLLLL.jpg (217x217, 9K)

did he have a teamkilling license

>Im kind of hoping i get killed so I dont have to live this miserable life.

Be the change you wish to see, faggot.

>"Oi m8, where's the bloody D-pad on this thing?"

Attached: 1540181384691.jpg (493x387, 56K)

>still brainwashing kids to be violent killers
>wonder why there's so much evil and violence in the world

This is why I only play single player games. Fuck other people.

Sounds about right.

This why the fuck would i want to play with man children who scream nigger all day? really? Fuck you sub human filth to hell where you belong!
If it was legal to walk up to your house and blow your dome off for being cancer that needs to be killed from society you would shut your trap real fucking quick.
Every time you mouth breathers open your mouth you should be beaten with a crowbar raped with flag poles have your nuts hook up to a car battery and continued to to have your ass stomped every single time you open your flap hole!

>everyone making fun of bongs
>forgets that USA government made a school shooting sim

Literally how niggers train. Not even trying to be edgy.

This should happen to all team killers.

(you)

> Playing on an RP server
get your kappa pride and resident sleeper twitch emotes ready, folks

A weekend of actual guard duty on a military base instead of proprietary "Arma 3: UK Edition" for who-knows how many weeks?
Sounds like heaven.

>UK
Every time

Attached: plainjane.jpg (249x267, 16K)

can i just fucking say how much i hate cunts that tout how different military life is to "civvies" its actually fucking retarded
they talk about concepts as if its impossible for us to grasp, out of my depth when nigger you're just talking about two choppers dropping some cunts off on a sloped ridge in afganistan
i have pride for my family in the military and norm is fucKED from vietnam but shits not that far removed from regular life, my mate is in the SAS and isnt any different bar more confidence

Attached: 1492888145681.jpg (750x751, 77K)

Yeah he deserves it totally. He should give away his body to the government and fight for Israel.

Attached: kek.jpg (900x1200, 206K)

That's not quite the same as vidya. That's a virtual military training exercise... in the form of vidya. This isn't someone at home killing people on Call of Duty, it's someone in a professional environment undergoing military training.

youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88

Here's your training game, Yea Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=NtdFNAdwe8k

Actual guard duty is probably the most boting thing there is. Especially on a weekend.
>Stand outside at the gate for the entire day
>Must remain visable at all times
>Allowed to walk to the guard room (but not go inside) only to escort a visitor
>No one visits since it's the weekend

youtube.com/watch?v=HiXAOf56RRE&list=PLIEv5KcGcawxZ6RLuOWAqMhqW8PY__IV2

Attached: 1466488932197.png (661x396, 440K)

xxxth post best post

This shit looks like they modded Battlefield 2

I did 2 years in my cunts army and it was pretty fun because we were all bored degenerates and my cunt doesnt actually go to war anyways. Lots of drugs and partying with an occasional trip to the jungle to go on a narco snipe hunt only to find that they had been tipped off before we got there.

Why is this bad? Nazi Germany did the same shit and they were based, right?

It's a heavily modified version of the Arma engine.

>lost his rag
wtf does this mean? why do britbongs always have the dumbest slang?

Retard

You know that video games have been made for military training since atari, right?

There's an SNES game that was specially made for the US Military and has a special like M-16 light gun that is made to feel identical to a real one.

What the fuck? That is too friendly.

Wait, they weren't based?

>on the rag
tampon in vagina because period
>lost the rag
mad because no tampon for period

Attached: MACS.jpg (267x200, 23K)

Any of you dumb-asses making this guy out to be a hero for griefing a training exercise are inventing a saint. I can only imagine how mind numbing it must be to do this kind of training for so fucking long, but he signed up for the team, he has to play ball.
I think he should have been made to perform virtual honor guard at a virtual funeral for his virtually dead comrades.
Yes, I think its also stupid to have soldiers train for weeks on effectively the world's most boring version of Arma, only because it doesn't adequately prepare them for the level of boredom and tedium that will await them in any posting. They should be sitting in scrap-metal humvees out in the sun while somebody plays engine noises over a shitty radio and randomly over an hour somebody will bang the side of the tin can with a shovel and if they don't bail out and shout 'bang bang bang' in orderly burst fire establishing some kind of defensive positions, they get to do it for another hour.

>nazi germany had hundreds of thousands of security cameras, microwatch programs and internet traffic monitoring
>nazi germany micromanaged every aspect of your life and everything you did and arrested people for saying a word on the internet
>nazi germany put people in jail for telling a joke
I'd say they were pretty f**king based if I do say so myself

look at how insufferable these cunts are

>IS HE OUT OF QUID?"
laffed

Attached: Scream laugh.png (280x324, 111K)

this really wasnt that funny im sure these replies are samefag

Attached: yoooo rofl.gif (127x189, 767K)

You sound mad nigger.

>Got a weekend of extras for being an unprofessional fag
>Complaining about literally being PAID to play games, when there are hundreds and hundreds of shittier, gayer tasks they could be doing in the army
What a fuckin tool.

Yes, nazi germany did put people in jail and kill them for wrong think. Are you retarded?

And yes, they micromanaged peoples lives. Holy shit, get en education.

Not him but it is annoying af to play multi with kids.

I think you're right an I'm a little embarrassed for him

he just had a gamer moment

wait so far everything done as simulated or virtual but the punishment has to be in real life? Why wouldn't the punishment also be simulated?

Yes, fucking around on the job warrants punishment in the military.

Simulators for training will save units and the military massive amounts of money.

You can teach concepts, demos, walkthrough-talkthroughs, etc. Crawl before you walk before you run.

This has to be some sort of joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=JOm6iZZgbj8&list=PLIEv5KcGcawxZ6RLuOWAqMhqW8PY__IV2&index=13

>be a British police officer
>arrest a soldier for playing video games the wrong way
>protect pedophiles

Attached: british police defend muslim pedophiles from mob justice.webm (320x180, 1.91M)

Here's your prize for being genuinely stupid and incredibly dense.

Attached: cGIay9e.png (280x272, 3K)

Britbongs gone crazy since their biggest fail ever aka brexit. Too fucking funny.

that's training, not gaming, so it makes sense.

The absolute state of the United Kingdom

Dualshcok btfo again

I'm fine with that second one.

Is this your comeback to being historically illiterate?

It's nice seeing all the retards replying to the clickbait in this thread.

arma tier vr milsim when guys?
I need it.

You are complaining the police do their job and stop criminals from attacking other citizens? WOAH

Because that's all your fucking webm shows, fag

Its considered rape depending on who you ask.

Attached: its_the_90s_go_for_it.gif (400x300, 999K)

>wtf they use vidya to train people?!

Welcome to 1993!

Attached: MACS2.jpg (545x324, 94K)

>Yes, nazi germany did put people in jail and kill them for wrong think. Are you retarded?
>And yes, they micromanaged peoples lives. Holy shit, get en education.
Um.

>if you need me, I'll be enjoying my free health care and education.
The modern military is literally a babysitting & welfare program for retards who can't support themselves otherwise.

Raiden! The simulation!

MGS2 is possibly on of the strongest contenders for best "the writing's on the walls" vidya. I have never played deus ex, but supposedly it's really good too.

>Edinburgh-based Army

Attached: 1363566865211.gif (300x150, 1.25M)

Kojima was wrong. If you try to create a super soldier by putting them through 300 hours of virtual missions they just start TKing and camp outside the objective instead of risking their k:d ratio.

>Virtual rape has same punishment as real life rape.
Well, time to get out and taste some reality delights I guess.

Why do Eurocucks love punishing people for thought crimes so much?

No it's my come back to someone with the mental age of a 16 year old brown nose sniffing up the rectal tract of their favorite teacher. Learn to decipher sarcasm or spend some time around more people than 4channel.

Obviously

There's a reason you're expected to follow orders. If you were playing Total War or Civilization and your army just did whatever the fuck it wanted because "Fuck you, we're no cucks, we don't take orders!" how would that affect your goals and progression?

Christ, this place is retarded. I can't believe I have to use a video game euphemism to explain why chain of command is important in life-or-death situations.

Physical, real training is reserved for spec ops, they are not going to go all out for a bunch of grunts who will barely see action.

like the school shooter game we can't get, something lame, but Yea Forums would make fun.

>real training is reserved for spec ops
The absolute city-state of britbongs

Attached: 1436458164391.jpg (281x281, 49K)