Who would win?

Who would win?
The Thing vs Flood vs Necromorphs

Attached: thething-transformedhead.jpg (1000x505, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48
youtu.be/KL5rXhSkP34?t=90
youtu.be/Aeefkjymv68
youtube.com/watch?v=Xq8Rgi_QIdw
youtu.be/OH3VeUiud7c
youtube.com/watch?v=dMCJVxnuGPI
youtube.com/watch?v=JyOu3j7CtoE
wrongsideoftheart.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

necromorphs, they can only really exist near a marker and those had bullshit plot power for corrupting anything else

The Many

Isnt that cause of some sort of frequency emitting from the markers? If a gravemind isnt there i dont see how it can be affected.

The thing loses first because it's very hard for it to spread in cold places plus it isn't that strong physically compared to the other two
I thought it could only corrupt things that are considered dead
I haven't played dead space in a long time and I never played 3

The Thing overruns everything else on a cellular level.

The Thing.

If you blow off chunks of either the Flood or the Necromorphs, those chunks stay dead. The Thing doesn't since every cell has its own will.

What happens when you get forcibly assimilated by one of the three?

Is your conscience still alive but you cant move or are is it like merged with the creature?

Attached: 112.png (609x686, 378K)

This question logically should lead one to be grateful for death in real life, just imagine being tortured biologically like in those games, potentially endlessly drive you crazy into eternal madness

I'm not sure about the Flood, but Necromorphs kill you and then reanimate your corpse. The Thing destroys and replaces every single cell, so you're dead.

but your cells get destroyed and replaced every few years user.

Attached: 1540711540047.jpg (730x544, 207K)

Yeah, but these replacements are just imitations, not even true copies.

Flood reanimate your corpse. cognitive function is virtually nill. Unless you're harvested for information. In which case you are effectively paralyzed but fully conscious as some "other" picks at the threads of your memory from within your own mind, slowly unraveling that which makes you who are are. One memory at a time, read and either destroyed or stripped for storage by the growing gravemind as what's left of you is reduced to a babbling husk, likely repeating the one piece of information you can manage to hold on to.

>still no The Thing game that plays like TTT but with imitators instead of traitors

Attached: 1526015988971.jpg (714x698, 46K)

well almost all your cells are replaced every 7 years, and it is shown that the thing keeps the host memories (+ their screams who are canonicaly amalgam of all the entities they have assimilated), so it's not impossible that some sort of conscience remain.
Even in the movie, non infected characters are scared in the blood test scene

More like there will never be a movie with effects like The Thing. Fuck CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48

they are perfect imitations, which simulate the original organism down to its consciousness, only overriding it when threatened.

Necromorphs use your body after you die, Flood can infect you living or dead. The Thing kills you and impersonates your form so it can continue to kill.

>that project where the suits decided to remove all the practical effect scenes and replace them last minute with shitty CGI, also deciding not to tell anyone or pay the studio for their works on the practical effects because 'lol we didn't use them'

Boomer detected. It looks perfectly fine!

Attached: CGI.jpg (843x473, 35K)

Necropmorphs are the most ruthless, and then there's those planet things they become from 3.

what the fuck is that real?

No, it's a movie, user.

youtu.be/KL5rXhSkP34?t=90

I never watched the prequel, only pics but holy fuck its bad

Attached: 1547439756033.png (289x356, 213K)

>Guy talks as if he's the normal
>Guy visibly shaking and barely saying anything isn't the one turning into the monster

Attached: 1548399735824.png (352x316, 200K)

The flood because they can use hosts weapons, vehicles and ships to spread their infection far and wide.

>all of the practical effects they had planned
>all of the models and props they created
>got shot down by the producers for some fucking reason and was forced to use cgi
FUCK hollywood holy shit

There's a reason a lot of people get absolutely burnt out on working with the industry, user.

the thing is alive though
Necromoprhs affect all beings that have died

that's a cute twist on the scene honestly

that was the point of that scene

>If you blow off chunks of the Necromorphs those chunks stay dead
nope
it is still necromorphed tissue that is being repurposed for other uses
you are only destroying the current attacking form of that necromorph but literally every cell in its body is basically immortal as long as it is under the reach of the marker signal
the corruption you see across the games is basically dust,70% dead skin cells,that have been necromorphed by the marker signal to become a habitat changer and foster faster growth of various aother forms of necromorphs especially the ones that need multiple bodies to be created (Tripods,Brutes,etc)
the only way to TRULY kill a necromorph is to destroy the marker driving it and that is a doosy since unless you break down the marker on an atomic level its shards are still fully capable emitters of the signal
you are fucked unless you throw the marker into a nuclear reactor or something

The X parasites

Attached: X_Parasites.png (1257x678, 1.1M)

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

Attached: maxres.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>the necromorphs
>have to be undead to be assimilated
>the marker still emits a frequency that causes hallucinations in the living

>the thing
>requires physical contact and a slow cellular assimilation process, unclear of how it operates beyond that

>the flood
>a hivemind structure where every single flood organism shares every bit of knowledge it consumes
>assimilates everything almost instantly
>can spread through the air via spores
>many of its creatures are created purely, dont need assimilation to reproduce per se

The flood.

From a survival standpoint, The Thing.
From sheer strength probably Necromorph

>he never played Warcraft 3
For shame.

I dunno, who cares?
We probably wouldn't even have Necromorphs or The Flood though if The Thing remake hadn't come out.

There is, though. It's called SurvHive. The Yogscast guys made a couple of videos on it.

>sheer strength
The flood. The most advanced civilization in the universe knew the flood would devour everything galaxy wide in a short span of time and are unstoppable, they literally knew the only way to stop them is to kill its food.

Survival, while the flood are more adaptable than the thing and necros, they can apparently die of starvation.

The Thing doesn't seem to have any biological limits like needing other species to control the other two do, it seems to be able to just mutate and grow indefinitely

How about Thing Necromorph Xenomorph Flood Terminators vs MacReady, Isaac Clarke, Ellen Ripley and John Conner in Spartan Suits

But there are pure flood forms that dont require hosts.

actually a lot of the cells in your brainstem don't have a turnover, why your mind starts to go when you get old even if the rest of your body is relatively healthy

But the thing isnt adaptable. It can be frozen and burned and die every time. It also needs a host from what we can see since it is only ever seen trying to infect other creatures.

Its on the planet from pitch black with riddick in the middle and somehow its also on the jurrasic park island.

Pretty sure the Thing could take over the other two, but the other two have no way of assimilating the Thing.

Doomguy is the ref.

>We probably wouldn't even have Necromorphs or The Flood though if The Thing remake hadn't come out.

What bullshit are you spouting here user?

I mean, are we talking each at their peak? Because then you'd be talking about the Brother Moons

not only does this exist in Gmod, it actually existed before TTT. it's called Morbus and i'm pretty sure it's dead though.

He is right, the 80s thing is a remake, im guessing thats what he is talking about.

The original film is an old black and white one called, the thing from another world, it was also the inspiration for the movie alien.

The necromorphs kill you and use your body as a meat puppet

The thing becomes you, it's not entirely certain if you feel it or are aware, but theres a certain point where you stop being you and it takes over and cant distort your body

The flood basically leeches on your mind while you are still conscious and eventually completely takes over. And like the necromorphs uses/repurposes your body as mass: youtu.be/Aeefkjymv68

I like to imagine a scenario where every parasitic creature gets into a fight, and they all try to take each other over, with the end result being a hideous blob monster that can't do anything because it's got like a million personalities in it, all fighting for control.
>The Thing
>The Flood
>Necromorphs
>The Ing
>X Parasites

>end result being a hideous blob monster that can't do anything

Holy shit its the average Yea Forums poster, kek.

Full CGI is the worst possible choice for slow close-up horrors. They even build animatronics for the movie but decided to discard them because feel too retro.

The tyranids

the thing prequel wasn't that bad of a movie. honestly there were some cool visuals there. some of the cgi looked bad, but some of it was neat. the guys making the film got fucked, it was original going to use waay more practical effects like the 80s movie. There still is a cool scene that has practical effects. GIve it another watch it isn't as bad as people say it is.

Wait a minute...what if someone is infected in this thread?

Attached: 1519231761739.jpg (700x296, 14K)

Yeah the ending is kino desu.

I heard you guys love CGI.

Attached: 1403158052293.jpg (1292x1296, 344K)

They're scared because they think Mac has, at the very least, gone completely fucking bonkers and will kill them randomly or, at worst, think that he's the Thing.

the flood become the personification of the galaxy brained meme so theyd win. but if i may *crack* *sips*

tyranids vs flood, now thats a battle

Attached: 1403158116160.jpg (789x740, 111K)

MASSIVE FUCKING SPOILERS FOR BOTH MOVIES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

youtube.com/watch?v=Xq8Rgi_QIdw

I need to play anniversary again, never seen these terminal scenes before, I didn't think I could feel worse for Keys until now.

>THIS WON'T WORK, YOU COVENANT BASTARDS, I'LL NEVER LEAD YOU TO EARTH!

Attached: defeat.jpg (480x360, 9K)

I wonder what your mind is like during the transition process of becoming The Thing.

Attached: 1538041353934.png (207x308, 47K)

The blood test is conclusive, but i thought checking for fillings was pretty cool in the prequel. It does have one flaw though, if u actually care about your teeth. IT would work best if you knew who had fillings before hand.

Attached: 1403158179562.jpg (1432x1864, 175K)

All of them are nothing compared to this.

Attached: do not do this.jpg (1012x706, 109K)

Attached: 1403158260157.jpg (1432x1097, 123K)

The guy did come in out of nowhere after disappearing alone into the storm for a while, and then showed up heavily armed, demanding blood samples.

well its clearly not me.

Alright, Ignorance was Bliss. Now I'm just downright mad.

>Whole fucking scene cut and you can only infer what's happening

Why did this have to happen, it's THE FUCKING THING! All it was known for was these practical effects and they decide it's not good enough?

Attached: 1551136280543.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

It's bad for multiple reasons not limited to the poor implementation of CGI. The idea behind it was solid because many of us would have wanted to know what happened in the camp prior to the one seen in the 80's movie but the guys that were behind it were passionate for the original and got fucked over by retarded producers. I honestly don't blame them because they had their heart in the right place. The only reason it featured women was because of forced diversity for starters.

Attached: 1403158356853.jpg (1432x2166, 259K)

>planned
Dude, they actually filmed the entire film with practical effects, they just added cgi in post production at the last minute.

The company doing the practical effects didn't know they used cgi ON TOP of the animatronics until they went to the premiere.

The thing doesn't die though

is there a cut with practical effects? The Thing(80s) is my favorite horror movie, and I honestly didnt mind the prequel. Would like to see a version with practical effects instead of cgi though .

if all the work was done, why doesn't the studio try to earn a few more bucks by releasing a BD version with the original practical effects.

>it was also the inspiration for the movie alien

I thought that was the movie "It! The Terror From Beyond Space!" because it shares plenty of similarities it is almost a rip off.

Attached: 1403158457983.jpg (3145x2655, 1.4M)

Yes, it's pretty much dead. A few years ago I contacted the mod creator about some bugs, he answered with something like "I don't have time to work on that right now" and I stopped playing it.

Thats exactly the type of thing, the thing would say.

There was one helicopter scene in the prequel thing movie that suggested that even the host isn’t aware until it decides to split your body in half and attack someone else

No there isn't, but there have been multiple pictures and behind the scenes videos about it. Sorry to disappoint.

youtu.be/OH3VeUiud7c

Attached: 1403158624749.jpg (1064x1360, 217K)

Hollywood is retarded and doesn't know what sells even when you tell them what you want to see. People have demanded an Unedited trilogy of Star-Wars since DVDs were a thing and still haven't got it because Disney doesn't think the next generation cares about it.

There are a few, the book who goes there was a influence.

There is no way I can't be an intimation, If I was one I would get dubs.

>An actual Thing Appearance
>lol, cut it

Attached: 1553022288621.jpg (280x330, 19K)

The flood just need organic matter, living or dead, also you're only kept alive for that long if they're making you a gravemind

>dubs on Yea Forums
of course The Thing would be a newfag

Everyone knows the thing is based off the old movie which is based off the book. Pretty sure he was saying the flood couldve existed without the thing existing.

Dunno man, there is a lot of footage about the practical effects around youtube. The movie was obviously "finished" with the practical effects, the producers wanted to change because in their words "it looked too much like an 80s movie".

I guess a practical effects version will never see the light because they put the money and in their eyes, they are right, and people wanting practical effects are wrong.

you dumb fuck
those aliens are infected by the thing
not the thing in itself

That thing looked so cool. I liked the eyes, that shit was creepy.

The thing, easily.

that just makes it worse
why did practical effects die anyway? cgi isnt as cheap as people meme it to be and there are genuine talented prop artists out there

Attached: 1552085268327.jpg (938x1024, 130K)

Don't forget that they had an entirely different ending sequence. That mass of floating censor blocks was supposed to be an alien or some shit.

Fuck me, those look fantastic. What didn't they like about them?

The Necromorph is just a waste product designed for last minute resource gathering. The Necromoons are the real threat.

>Brother Moon sends out Black Marker onto suitable planet
>Black Marker lays dormant for centuries, emitting a signal that spurns the development of an organism capable of discovering and reverse engineering the Black Marker (all of human accomplishment was fostered by the Black Marker to get to a point where we were evolved and technologically advanced enough to replicate it.)
>Black Marker influences host organisms to replicate it into Red Markers and position them all over the planet
>When Red Markers are all set up, they activate causing the Necromorph outbreak
>Nercros collect dead tissue in gigantic amounts, enough to trigger a 'convergeance'
>Convergeance is the birth of a new Brother Moon made up of all the necrotic tissue and bits of the now dead planet
>This new Brother Moon sends a Black Marker to a new planet and the cycle begins again.

There are dozens of Brother Moons in the Dead Space universe. Giant, sentient moon sized Nercromorphs. They're the real final bosses. The Thing probably couldn't do shit against something that size. The issue with pitting Necromorphs against any other race is that their very appearance indicates a victory for the Marker. To get to the point of a Necromorph outbreak, the Marker would have already successfully manipulated the host species enough to create Red Markers and begin Convergeance. At that point, they're already in your head and you're practically a slave. Isaac spent multiple games hallucinating and did the Markers bidding numerous times.

Yeah, you could have a random invasion of The Flood happen on a planet that's already begun Convergeance, but then you're pitting an entire planet moving as a hivemind against the Floods invasion force.

Attached: 885084_599589766737755_1452673252_o.jpg (1280x845, 96K)

Attached: 1475534240035.jpg (1600x511, 153K)

You clearly know absolutely nothing about the thing.

>The only reason it featured women was because of forced diversity for starters.
Have you checked out Black Mountain Side, user? I bring it up because it's a movie inspired by The Thing (while still doing it's own thing), and one of the things the director talked about on his website how he made it a conscious choice to only have men in the film, despite pressure to cast women for "diversity". He refused arguing that having women change the social dynamics of a group, and how that would change the tone of the movie in a way he did not want. Basically men act differently around women compared to when it's just men. And I'm inclined to agree with him, and I'm glad he stuck by his creative integrity.

el monstro...

Necromorps you become part of the hive ind and scream

>slow cellular assimilation
There are some Thing comics that take place outside of the arctic base that state the slow assimilation had to do with the tempuarture at the base. In warmer and more humid areas, the assimilation would take minutes.

Thank you user.

i feel like the thing and necromorphs can't kill each other
and the flood is a bitch in comparison

Yeah, there's also Horror Express, which despite the shitty name is a pretty good horror movie. Imagine the Thing but on a train in the early 1900s and instead of a UFO it's a caveman.

Not that user, but I'll check it out.

I have not heard about it until now, but I should check it out, sounds interesting. But he is 100% right. The dynamics in The Thing prequel/remake was very fucked over the forced inclusion of women. The females were very lame characters overall in fact, and was roughly disappointing that the male actors who were far more interesting and had more characterization were constantly pushed aside to give focus to a helpless woman for almost an entire movie. Is like they tried to make another Alien but failed miserably to make the female protag likeable, let alone useful.

Attached: thing_poster_04.jpg (1523x2162, 349K)

I like how it went from a book, a movie adaptation of said book, to a remake, to a remake/prequel. It is an interesting evolution for a franchise if you ask me.

That sounds like fun, I'll make sure to check it out, thanks for the recommendation user.

Attached: thing_poster_07.jpg (2067x2926, 1.07M)

Flood
You dead

Necromorphs
You dead

The Thing
You're alive, you still think you're you, you don't feel any different until it decides to override your body and nervous system. It gains some access to your thoughts, being able to observe them, but cannot assume control or communicate with you.

Looking at Japanese movie posters for western horror movies is interesting.

Attached: arien.jpg (1280x1808, 335K)

I am out of ingofraphics, but if you want more info about the whole fiasco just watch these videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMCJVxnuGPI
youtube.com/watch?v=JyOu3j7CtoE

I'll start posting some posters albeit I'll try to make it a slow burn to make the thread last.

Attached: thing_poster_05.jpg (1535x2185, 1.22M)

Somehow managed to make super serious Ellen look like a complete goof here.

Attached: itmom.jpg (317x450, 45K)

Depends, The Flood are basically capable of super intelligent technology operation and building (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to overun space faring civilizations) so long as there's a gravemind to direct them.

So depends on what tech levels the Flood have access to to combat the other 2, as we don't know whether or not the Thing is capable of utilizing technoliogy effectively.

God I fucking hate how CG has taken over the actual goodness of practical effects.

Attached: 1524285431683.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>Keyes doesn't beg for mercy until it starts stripping away memories of his family

Attached: ik5de17pfan21.jpg (640x332, 65K)

The Thing would just have to touch a necromorph, and then it would start invading it at the celluar level.
The Thing doensn't have a centralized mind or consciousness, so the marker would be incapable of influencing it.

I mean, it's worth keeping in mind that CGI has it's uses. John Carpenter said he would've used CGI if it were available to him. The problem comes from using it as a general "fix everything" hammer.

wrongsideoftheart.com/

Enjoy a big database of posters, its where I got most of these. I love collecting pictures of posters for I think it is a dead art. I know pic related is more of a recent digital adaptation but it proves creativity hasn't died, if anything.

Attached: tumblr_nx65ki0yKn1r3y9p5o1_1280.jpg (1280x1857, 513K)

You're assuming the Thing's invasiveness is stronger than the necromorphs invasiveness however.

They require hosts in the sense that they can't form without sufficient biomass to create them which is why they don't appear until Halo 3 when the infection reaches its zenith.

Thanks user! Making a good movie poster is a lost art. I can't think of the last time a movie poster also could count as a piece of art in recent memory. The Star Wars prequels still used artwork instead of "a graphics design intern made this in one afternoon" approach of today.

It's like making a good trailer for a horror movie. It's an underrated art. I still think Alien has the best horror movie trailer made. It manages to convey a feeling of terror and dread without actually giving away the plot.
youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

I think helicopter bit regarding the human consciousness still existing contradicts the ending of the prequel with the Thing in the snowmobile/plow in two ways:
1. The Thing clone fumbles with the controls and looks surprised when it activates the wipers
2. The Thing clone touches the wrong ear when the girl mentioned the original person's piercing, since the Thing can't replicate inorganic material such as tooth fillings.

>"You will not have me!"

>"We already do."

Oh shit this reminds me of the monster movie magic show in Universal Studios. Based as fuck

Seeing Keyes try to fight off the Flood only for it to tell him that he's already theirs really shows how even the bravest of humans would fail against an eldritch threat.

Attached: 1548038949562.png (235x235, 36K)

That seems retardedly convoluted. Why not just have the black marker activate when mankind has gotten advanced enough i.e. Lavos instead of going through all the red marker hooplah.

>The thing loses first because it's very hard for it to spread in cold places
it can spread as long as theres living creatures around to spread to. it frozen itself willingly so it could wait for more things to approach it, and woke up the moment it realized other things were near it

I know it's been mentioned a coupled of times in the thread but consider watching "The Thing from another world" if you haven't. It's actually very good and worth it if you enjoy John Carpenter's adaptation. I can't speak for the book it is based from (Who goes there? by John W. Jr. Campbell) for I have not read it.

Attached: thing_from_another_world_poster_01.jpg (1861x2837, 727K)

God wins.

the psyonic monkeys

What about the virus from Prototype? It assimilates anybody within seconds, gets all their memories, can form weapons, can survive a nuke.

Who can outassimilate who?

Attached: Alex-Mercer-Prototype.jpg (740x914, 428K)