Why is being a villain always so cool in video games but not really in real life?

Why is being a villain always so cool in video games but not really in real life?

It's always cool when you can play as the antagonist, but most of us are perfectly straight laced citizens other than occasionally torrenting software or using drugs, Why isn't being evil a viable option in real life?

Attached: ab0d55b5dc0f7f5142950744fbc5d7660cf48b1c_hq.jpg (1024x768, 43K)

Attached: 4214c5ba74f7c6142afa5c6beb75b3ba--the-villages-naruto-series.jpg (236x336, 11K)

I guess if it was real life he would have been executed for his crimes instead of having a family and living a normal life.

Being lawfully evil is the surest way to success.

Like it or not civilization is based on cooperation. If you're not in a position to manipulate or coerce people you have to learn to work together with them. If Sasuke had played nice and bided his time a couple of years, then he could
uh
fuck I forget what it is he wants. Revenge? Couldn't he just shit in the headmaster's tea or something?

Sasuke was the absolute worst part of Naruto, even worse than the shitty war at the end.
How fucking dumb do you have to be to finally learn the truth about your brother and go completely against his wishes.

Because real evil is retarded.

Sasuke was entertaining enough. The worst part about Naruto will always be that it existed.

Attached: 1199322486736.jpg (768x432, 56K)

The difference is that unlike in video games and anime you can't "train" until you become so powerful nobody can stop you.

Sasuke/Sephiroth/etc would just be shot the instant they tried to do anything cool in real life. Imagine if someone robbed a bank but had such supreme martial arts ability they defeated the entire local police force before escaping, but then also somehow magically had somewhere to go. It's just too hard to get ahead by being evil in real life.

This was the exact moment I dropped Naruto. I picked it up around the Pain stuff, but the ending to that was fucking terrible.
No idea how people stuck around with that.

>using drugs
>evil

I mean the real retardation is itachi thinking what he did wouldn't scar sasuke for life and actually hoped sasuke would love the village
It's obvious kishi thought about itachi actually not being an asshole way later.

If you find being evil cool in real life then you probably have a lot of issues, being evil in a video game is the same as all other forms of escapism though so it’s usually better

I didn't want this thread to be about naruto it's just the first evil guy picture I saw in my pictures folder pls stop

Attached: 1535909162534.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Sasuke isn't evil though he never really did anything evil. Just an anti-hero

Being evil is just being selfish, and society is built around the ego. When was the last time you gave something up for someone else that you in no way benefitted form?

Because if you're evil in real life you get arrested.

You don't think being evil in real life is cool? I bet your life isn't nearly as cool as Tony Soprano's.

>"He was fictional!"

Ok, well still, I bet Hitler got way more pussy than you ever will and had way more money.

Attached: 1459476038972.jpg (640x640, 52K)

>Why isn't being evil a viable option in real life?

Spoken like an uneducated zoomzoom. How do you think rich people got to where they are? By exploiting others. So if you weren't so stupid, you'd realise that "evil" people are the most successful. Enjoy being dumb and poor your entire life.

Kill yourself faggot, now this is a thread about laughing at OP the retarded faggot.

Dude, they retconned Itachi into being a hero? Didn't he literally rape Kakashi for like 137 years?

This is like if it was revealed that Nami was dying of cancer and Arlong's penis was the only cure.

Yeah, the reason he killed the clan is justified but the whole thing with sasuke is nonsense.
Now that you remind me about the fight with kakashi, it is now even clearer that kishi had no idea what to do with itachi until later.
He basically killed the clan to avoid a civil war and save the village because he was more dedicated to the village than the clan, so he took the burden.

STOP TALKING ABOUT NARUTO

Attached: 1480486809183.jpg (601x601, 106K)

Why is this so common in anime.

>Vegeta literally blew up a planet and annihilated all of its inhabitants just like Frieza did
>Nobody actually cares

>Jeremiah from Code Geass is reveling in slaughtering innocent civilians
>Becomes a fan favorite and ends the series in a pretty good spot

I suppose in Vegeta's case its fine since Nappa was the only other person who saw it. But I'm more talking about how none of the fans seem to bring these things in to account when discussing the characters.

Attached: 1546755123155.png (500x606, 228K)

Lying and cheating are the best ways to succeed. It's what I do.

>Why is being a villain always so cool in video games but not really in real life?
It is? Edgy shit is hated everywhere unless it's DMC we're talking about

Attached: 1549323908549.jpg (1080x1080, 140K)

going against the tides is inherently dumb. living according to society rules and contributing is the most min-max way to go through life

>living according to society rules and contributing is the most min-max way to go through life

Attached: 1547726992138.png (636x773, 8K)

Because it's illegal and will have great negative consequences on your life if you get caught, what the fuck kind of question is that.

DMC is edgy now?

because most people don't have the mental fortitude to deal with being viewed as a nuisance and an outsider by the general public

>swords and trench coats
>lyrics in one song literal says "EMBRACE DUH DARKNESS DEEP INSIDE MEEEEEE"

Bara döda fiskar följer strömmen.

Because it isn't real and causing suffering to real life people is not cool.

>scene in which man in full bright red clothes recites Shakespeare with muscular stuttering bug man is also edgy

Do you guys ever think that getting away with insane crimes is really not that hard but people don't know it because nobody ever has good enough reason to try it?

I've always felt like if you just drove around a rural area in the middle of the night with a gun and shot the first random person you saw walking and then drove away and buried your gun somewhere nobody would ever find it, you'd probably be fine. Same with kidnapping and stuff. How many people go missing every year and are never found?

In terms of crimes that are actually useful though, if I could have one extra life in real life I'd love to try pulling off some kind of heist that would make me tens of thousands of dollars, just to see how hard it actually is. And not the nigger way either, I mean with proper tools, planning, preparation, a team of experts, etc. I honestly don't think it would be that hard, it's just that why would anyone ever do this?

Attached: 1437244146469.jpg (320x323, 9K)

>How many people go missing every year and are never found?
type this into google, and you'd be shocked at what you find

Sasuke was never good but when he went off the deep end after fighting Itachi he became super shit, I almost agree although the plot and final boss being an ancient aliens asspull is worse.

>ancient aliens
fucking this
Madara not being the final baddy was the stupidest fucking thing I have ever witnessed in an anime

I've actually got a degree in criminal justice, I'm already well aware. Low key I really wish I could somehow get into organized crime or something and start making the big bucks, it's like my anime loser fantasy desu.

Im pretty sure he had no idea what to do with any character and all the big reveals and twists, he came up with them maybe 3 manga chapters before they got published.

>Hitler
>evil

Adam?

>Why isn't being evil a viable option in real life?
Because you go to jail and, if you’re not a psychopath, feel guilty about doing evil things

>Vegeta literally blew up a planet and annihilated all of its inhabitants just like Frieza did

Non-canon filler. Plus DBZ never forget that Vegeta's an ass, from Goku saying he deserves to die before fighting Freeza and Piccolo saying he's guaranteed to go to hell for all he's done before fighting Majin Buu.

Well, it was the first thing that came to mind when I was thinking of some sort of primary antagonist that exists in real life. Fill in the name with whoever you think is a good evil character.

Al Capone, Gadhaffi, Jim Jones, whatever.

Nah

this
so many characters just RANDOMLY appear in shippuden, that later showed up in naruto flashbacks, it was obvious how much was retconned and changed

ok then how about jacob rothschild

Vegeta blowing up that planet was filler and thus non canon. Everybody else he killed was because he was a slave to Frieza.

Vegeta didn't do that, although he did try to blow up earth and for every single DBZ arc he was either the direct cause or the reason it spiraled out of control.

>tfw always living rent free in your head

Attached: comfy pepe.jpg (409x367, 12K)

And yet you're here on Yea Forums, I would not call that a success.

Okay it's been many many years, but why would Goku say Vegeta deserves to die? Was this while the latter was on his last legs?

>organized crime
Well as long as you aren't dealing with latin america it wouldn't be too horrible.

Its less about being evil and more about standing out of a crowd and power fantasies

Also, doing evil in games is alright since its fictional, but in rl youll always remember what youve done and it will fuck you up

Soldiers who killed during their service tend to commit suicide once they return

Unless youre a high politician or company boss. Then you mostly try not to get caught, only few can resist getting drunk on power. Oh god, I just realized that those are the rl pendant to supervillains

I thought it was decent, but it's kind of retarded and goes against it's own message.
>look at naruto, he's the underdog and he is cursed by a demon and has no friends and he only gets things through hard work
>LOL JUST KIDDING he's actually the son of the previous hokage and he's part God and comes from a family with tons of bloodline techniques and a big titted girl loves him and he doesn't even really work all that hard
It subverted expectations for no reason.

Jews are pretty evil but their kind of evil is boring and involves systematically making life worse for everyone except their own kind.

Nah, Vegeta was already dead and Goku is burying him. And Goku says "us saiyans are monsters and deserved to be wiped out. Lend me some of your saiyan pride, Vegeta, because I have none myself."

>was because he was a slave to Frieza
He killed Namekians while acting on his own iirc. That's why the Dragon couldn't bring back the ones that he killed since the wish was specifically targeted towards Frieza and his minions. Unless thats also an anime only thing that I don't know about.

because there are consequences in real life

>How can I come up with a way to spice up this story?
>Oh, I know, I'll claim that the current villain was merely a puppet and reveal a stronger villain that was manipulating him!
Naruto writing process.