Sekiro

>Sekiro
>Onimusha remaster
>new Samurai Shodown
>Ghost of Tsushima
>Nioh 2
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1535465857457.jpg (500x498, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFjv6_p7qRE
youtube.com/watch?v=OKbcBnu6FtI
youtube.com/watch?v=60FJDw9qcFk
youtube.com/watch?v=57TliyF8MFI
youtube.com/watch?v=3S6QVEqNvJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=3CicYJAb7kU
youtube.com/watch?v=WAkD39BjOq8
youtu.be/3mFjei3022A
youtube.com/watch?v=xjuFXlFI2PA
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8msYeehBg
youtube.com/watch?v=GX1RHrj7IP4
youtube.com/watch?v=5fl5bkiHYq8
telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/software-would-love-have-crack-battle-royale/
youtu.be/xvvW2BUbgp8
youtu.be/-QgFBmknqjE
youtube.com/watch?v=k3sRzY_RXDk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HpSkRSKRtAA
youtube.com/watch?v=CiVU6qHDupE
youtube.com/watch?v=4_8CXGvR8O8
youtube.com/watch?v=t553ikh0isI
youtube.com/watch?v=thM2HHriVcY
youtube.com/watch?v=H-eUbBrgRDs
youtube.com/watch?v=eu9MT7WiWP4&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=i8a3gjt_Ar0
youtu.be/IN82aCRczQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fact: Onimusha remastered was made to test interest for a new Onimusha on RE engine

Samurai is the new zombies.

I like this. Not a lot of feudal Japan games have been out, you'd think they'd be more common.

Pleeeease dont use the same shitty item system for Nioh 2, plzzzzzz

Attached: 34311232112.jpg (619x528, 20K)

>New whispered album this year as well.
I'm actually more hyped for it than any game.

Attached: metsutan.jpg (1200x676, 345K)

Zombie games have been coming out consistently for the last decade. Samurai games had a massive drought for years until nioh came out. Exception being Samurai Warriors

The only good Onimusha was Onimusha 2. You might not agree but it's true, and deep inside you also know this.

youtube.com/watch?v=OFjv6_p7qRE

Attached: ryu.jpg (672x413, 349K)

I've been waiting for another game like Tenchu for a long time but Sekiro fills the void for now. I think ghosts of tsushima will be shit compared to this.

>I think ghosts of tsushima will be shit compared to this.
In terms of combat depth it most likely will. But it will also be a more true representation of the setting, than all the recent more mystically themed japanese games.

Onimusha Tactics was better than FFT
Fight me, I don't give a shit.

Don't forget Kenshi

Why is feudal Japan such a perfect setting?

Attached: TURN ON THE NHK.jpg (1440x810, 131K)

Golden age of katana kino

Attached: f57.jpg (640x640, 79K)

land of the rising kino

What makes you think the combat will be bad? Haven't seen much footage so I don't really know.

Samurai/Ninjas are pure kino

Attached: 1527981255100.png (893x1300, 541K)

YAWN. Come up with something original, please.

>Zombie Samurai game is released

Attached: 1553195064909.png (357x319, 8K)

I am so fucking hyped for samsho

It will be shit. Just don't go into it with high expectations.

he didn't say it would be bad, just not as good as sekiro

How completely did it fail?

It was too easy and simple, Gears of War is more tactic than that Onimusha.

Now where the fuck is ishin sega

medieval Japan is boring
gimme ancient Japan game

Attached: 9a65f1cf8e2ce070d00f5d02ec3853da.jpg (600x750, 139K)

We know jack shit about ancient Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=OKbcBnu6FtI

Attached: 1358681254324.gif (191x184, 262K)

If it's remotely as decent as modern snk games have been I will be happy. It doesn't have to be good, just decent.

What is the source

>I think ghosts of tsushima will be shit compared to this
I feel the same way. From what we've seen so far combat looks kinda dull and I don't think the platforming or stealth is going to be too exciting either. It'll still receive a bunch of high scores and sell millions though.

OnneChanbara has been a series for a while, user

Post nip music
youtube.com/watch?v=60FJDw9qcFk

Attached: 1543796458248.jpg (1024x831, 97K)

Anglos on suicide watch

I'm still looking forward to it, if only because of the samurai game drought we've had until Nioh and Sekiro came out.

History has a lot of good settings dude. But personally I don't think a feudal setting video game has grabbed me too much yet. I feel like they're getting close to grabbing my attention but just not there yet. I remain optimistic for the future though.

Is it law that all games set in feudal Japan have to be shit?

There has never been any good one.

Laugh it up now but China will rise soon.

I didn't even know there was an Onimusha remaster, is it any good?

I'm sure the Chinese will rise up from the sewers with their grease soon friend, and then get hit by a tractor filled with explosives.

Attached: 1532604794959.png (1440x1421, 1.26M)

ITS TIME FOR OKAMI 2
ds shit dont count

Ghost of tsushima will be worse for sure
But I'm buying it anyways

What about Sengoku Rance?

New Blood Will Tell when

It's Onimusha.

When will we get Chinese kino though?
youtube.com/watch?v=57TliyF8MFI

when we go 4000+ years back in time to rewrite how China came about to make it more interesting instead of just invasion and genetic replacement after another.
also somehow make the language not sound disgusting when it's spoken

>chinese kino
>ALWAYS has the heroine being raped

>turn on xbox
>*tink*
>*tink*
>*tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink* *tink*
>BUM BUM
>BUM BUM
>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1531549255199.jpg (798x407, 42K)

>ayo what button is shoot?
>ayo gollen palace?

>>new Samurai Shodown
Isn't this the game with jiggly cute girls that you can behead?

>Didn't noticed they put out a remake til now
Well shit I guess I need to add something too my backlog then.

Capcom said they were happy with its sales so ONIMUSHA 5 BABY

>civil war era ancient Roman RPG never ever (wewuzkangzcreed doesnt count)
>arthurian Britain RPG never ever
>ancient Germanic RPG never ever
>Mongol RPG never ever

Attached: shriek.jpg (480x438, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3S6QVEqNvJ8

All those sound pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CicYJAb7kU
Why does the Tenchu games got so much damn catchy music?

Attached: 1551110169971.jpg (541x348, 106K)

Onimusha Warlords was really confusing for me when I first got it. I can't remember much maybe I should give it a 2nd try since I fucking love Edo era Japan themed games.

Imagine an open world Excalibur RPG where you travel around ancient Britain fighting off mythical monsters and the Germanic invaders

Attached: Kingarthur1.jpg (800x1200, 229K)

This, especially the Mongol one.

Would contain too much rape and breeding, would trigger the journalists.

oh yeah

Attached: 1514100251911.gif (238x240, 488K)

That's a good thing.

Really? There isn't one made yet?

>The only good Onimusha was Onimusha 2
*blocks your path*

Attached: DoD.jpg (236x335, 26K)

Feels good, sempaï.

Attached: nicky larson.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>so bad it killed the franchise

Total War : Shogun II is still the peak of the series.

Attached: IMG_20190324_184612.png (631x710, 561K)

>2006
>Next gen consoles were around the corner
Inafune also didn't want to work on a sequel

>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
What i want to hear whenever i get one of these games but never do.

Imagine if Age of Decadence was actually playable by modern standards.

When will we get a samurai zombie game?

Attached: 1534543492621.jpg (305x326, 39K)

Conman did so much damage.

>Ghost of Tsushima
I really this one ends up good and not just a big pile of gas.

>YOOOOOOOOOOOO youtube.com/watch?v=WAkD39BjOq8
it was from this moment that i knew that this game was fucking kino

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Is that the one were your sword 1 shots everyone?

on the one hand it's a western game with some bamham combat and the other it's sucker punch, so it really could go either way

We haven't seen any real gameplay though. Unless I missed something

Spirit Circle

Is it possible to kill the second serpent? The one in the lair. I already got the item in the house, just wondering

>SamSho is playable at PAX east next weekend

Get hype boys! If they show off TamTam I might just cum

Are there any samurai games where you play as a Knight from the west who uses western armor and weapons to fight grorius nippon steel? I’d love to go through a whole game as a lost crusader who sailed too far East and tries to spread Christianity through Feudal Japan. Being called a dishonorable gaijin for fighting in full plate with a shield and a mace would be interesting. “Fuck Bushido” basically being the game’s theme.

Attached: 2C596421-A5E5-490B-B95E-2F48EB1F9A56.jpg (564x787, 83K)

>civil war era ancient Roman RPG never ever (wewuzkangzcreed doesnt count)
>arthurian Britain RPG never ever
>ancient Germanic RPG never ever
Won't happen because it will just be saturated by political agenda

Nioh has a couple of western armour sets and weapons. Other than that I can't think of any. If you just want to bash on samurai as knights there's always For Honor but that's more multiplayer than anything.

Attached: Conqueror.png (500x330, 257K)

>whispered
>download album
>start first song
>yoooooooooo DONK DONK

Attached: 1527097856718.jpg (1078x1031, 76K)

Hope Nioh 2 will have a new weapon set.

Attached: japanese_weaponry_by_kobra_kan-dvss5g.png (900x1350, 500K)

Fun fact: Sekiro was meant to be the next Tenchu game before From took over production

>But it will also be a more true representation of the setting, than all the recent more mystically themed japanese games
It literally had an old female samurai in one of the trailers. That's pure fantasy.

Nioh gives you a full set of knight armor in its tutorial level. You get way better shit later on but you can always just change the look of your armor whenever you want

But the Samurai games are actually good

Dang bro. Rare pepe.

Saved!

you retarded my man?

No, why?

Violence, fucked up caste system, good fashion, cool weapons, nice architecture, what more could you want

It's based off the PS2 version and not Genma
Otherwise it's fine

Gekokujo

Sekiro put me in a Samurai kino mood lads, recommend me some stuff.

I really hope Nioh 2 is a massive upgrade, Nioh was already my GOTY with it's great combat but more variety in weapon types and maps will make it perfect

Less loot and spreadsheets, more enemy variety and you've got a great game.

>Less loot
That was one of my favorite parts, Gave me more reason to play the game after beating every difficulty.

literally sekiro
alternatively Nioh I'm pretty sure that was a plot point somewhere in that too

tsushima looks boring as fuck and sekiro was a disappointment but KT will not let us down with nioh 2 I can feel it in my dick

>putting a shitty western game with auto combat into that list

Attached: 1445763783383.gif (285x200, 938K)

what would a chinese themed game even feature?

various human rights violations?

Crafting a perfect weapon was fun but I didn't really like how weapons determined your character's strength. Starting DLC right after main game, you could really feel how that 20 level difference in gear made. Still, having played Sekiro, I wouldn't mind them gutting the item system completely. The game doesn't have to be Diablo.

I don't see why the game needs to have Main and Sub missions all instanced away. A single world with sub quests and optional areas being the "sub missions" is fine. It just ended up being a super lazy way to use the same map from a main mission into 2-3 sub missions with different enemies or placements. I tend to not mind the loot in Nioh but 5 weapon types at launch was a fucking joke and IIRC the DLC ended up only adding 2 more

these are all playable factions in Mount and Blade

>Main and Sub missions all instanced away.
They are called levels user and it's a pretty common thing in games.

I want every weapon viable this time, no more useless tonfas and odachi

>tonfa
>useless
Did we play the same game? Tonfa could destroy the enemies Ki and could spam finishers

>andrew yang brought back the era of the NEET samurai

by Ancient do you mean Heian? Since beyond that were getting into the gray zone.
truth be told it would only be viable as a romance/ck2 esque simulator set in the capital since they had a mega autistic social/nobility hierarchy and they took capital-centrism to the extreme. the intrigue would revolve around making your daughters concubines to the emperor, and if you weren't of the Fujiwara clan rooting out those crafty cunts. but there isn't much beyond that.
it's ready made for a harem simulator though

Try Otogoshi

Well these levels are only a few step above EDF when it comes to lazy rehashing the same map for padding.

look at this retard

Attached: get out.jpg (591x338, 23K)

>Sekiro fills the tenchu void for now
Fuck no it doesn't. Sekiro is a great action game but If anything it pisses me off that it wasted a great starting premise for a full blooded tenchu and makes me want a new tenchu more. The idea of a ACTUAL SHINOBI disgraced by losing track of their master is the perfect premise for new Tenchu, and we already know for a fact From started developing this game AS an actual Tenchu title before it evolved into what it is now. Regardless of the minibosses and bosses, every single new area in the game has bottlenecks that force you into combat at some point, and pure stealth is all but impossible for most areas in the game, because COMBAT is the main focus of the game, NOT stealth. You don't have a host of ninja tools at your disposal that focus on stealth and remaining undetected as much as possible, you have a host of tools that focus on COMBAT. The only time you fought in single combat in tenchu was bosses otherwise you're bad a the game. In sekiro being detected just throws you into the action element, which is the "meat" of the game anyway. The biggest example of how antithetic this game is to tenchu is the "ceramic tiles" that are supposed to "distract" enemies, they're a HUGE let down because they dont actual manipulate the enemies for someone wanting to approach with pure stealth. they don't distract shit, they just put enemies in yellow state, and they stay exactly where they're at and never investigate. Even if they did investigate it wouldn't matter because they only notice a shard that goes off 3 feet from them.

Every time the game tries to tell me my guy is a ninja I can't help but get peeved because you clearly aren't a ninja at all. You're a samurai who does ninja-like things, and nioh already executed that premise perfectly two years ago. To reiterate I'm not saying the game is bad at all, its fine for what it is. But it sure as hell isn't anywhere near a fucking tenchu game.

Current mood
youtu.be/3mFjei3022A

Attached: shygddt.png (974x737, 595K)

You forgot this OP
youtube.com/watch?v=xjuFXlFI2PA

You forgot
>Sengoku Rance retranslation and official US release
We're getting so much samurai in so little time.

The problem is once you go far enough back, it stops being historical accounts and is in the realm of mythology.

13 Assassins.
Any Kurosawa.

>shit ton of wuxia mmorpg but not a single proper console rpg
feelsbadman

>play sekiro
>ninja run up to enemies and r1
>realize what I really want to play is a ninja game
>uninstall and refund

It just hasnt been done to death yet

I like this bwead.
Thx op

Attached: 1545706992289.gif (416x416, 14K)

This worth getting if I'm not nostalgic for it? One of the few older games I missed during the PS2 era.

Good luck finding one. There hasn't been a real Tenchu game in over a decade and Sekiro is the closest we're probably ever gonna get now, which is a long shot from real ninja gameplay. Thanks to Sekiro ATTEMPTING to fill that void a new full blown Tenchu title will probably not happen for at least another several years.

Or maybe I'm being pessimistic. Maybe real ninja game fans will leave this game wanting for a truer ninja experience ala Tenchu and voice that hard enough to Fromsoft to make them stop sitting on the IP collecting dust.

Escalator boss

no but in way of the Samurai 4 you can side with the British

just gonna add that it also has a springfieldian cast that tons of people have done slightly different takes on but you already know all the head honchos and most of them are glorified for a few traits which creates a type of familiarity

Attached: 729096a9250cf04cf164172d08301661.jpg (539x800, 46K)

Attack on Train would be cool.

Playing it now. Shit’s great.

Attached: 2528D64C-103B-496F-AB0D-F2F45EC64FAB.gif (500x211, 985K)

>I don't see why the game needs to have Main and Sub missions all instanced away. A single world with sub quests and optional areas being the "sub missions" is fine.
Are you retarded? The game took place all across Japan over the course of years. How would you make it work as "1 world"?

That's all I needed to hear amigo. Gonna Amazon dat shit now.

Is that some incel pedophile Chinese cartoon you beat off to?

>Study feudal Japan
>Find out a lot of Samurais were shotacons, which It was encouraged for experienced samurai and their young boy apprentice to have sex, which would establish and form a strong, lover-like bonds between two warriors.
>They believed that sexual relations with women weakened the mind and body, but that there was nothing better for one’s battle spirit than having sex with other boys, until your young partner became a full pledged samurai
>Most samurais were buttfucked by their masters

Holy fuck, this is why I like Medieval Europe more, Feudal Japan was too damn gay

Attached: 1497599822334.jpg (598x597, 31K)

Greeks and Romans fucked a lot of teenage boys too

ive never been a fan honestly, theyre all too similar. I know that sounds stupid, its the genre after all, but feudal japan pretty much mitigates to
>MUH HONOUR
>YOOOOOOOOOOO
>MUH CLAN
>BWONGGGGGG

It just doesnt have any room for much experimentation. Dark Souls and BB is a very experimental concept story-wise. Sekiro isnt. Thats my only problem with these games, theyre basically a meme. Put a spin on it, try something different.

>Most samurais were buttfucked by their masters
>Implying pederasty didn't exist in Ancient Greece

>They believed that sexual relations with women weakened the mind and body
That's because you fall in love and become soft. You can have all the pleasure you want with a cute shota but you'll never experience that heterosexual desire and a being loved by an adult, mature woman

look where that got them?

>Study feudal Japan on fanfiction.net
Stopped reading right there.

and every last one of them were based

Yeah but those teenage boys were never made as anything important other than fucktoys. I've studied Greek and Roman history too.

Plus Greeks and Romans never took dick, they gave dick to those teen boys because taking dick was seen as not being a man. Huge difference

Attached: 5FF8C4D8-29E6-416D-B1D0-4E188879FF02.jpg (1084x1500, 327K)

This is peak kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8msYeehBg

Alright fine I'll buy it

>Study about Samurais
>Find out there was no Bushido code and Samurais switched sides all the time to be on the winning side

Attached: 1497391371679.jpg (350x350, 69K)

You could have just said yes.

Fuck that. Remaster the rest of the games. Then give me 5.

And then do what the games used to do, use the save from the previous games to give small goodies.

I want more Meiji Period god damnit

Can someone link a sound clip of YOOOOOOOKKKK

>be warlord
>lose one battle
>all your guys teamswitch
shamefur display

It's actually the most soulless.

As a Scot i love themes of Muh Honour and Muh Clan.

Attached: b703bbfe81ca4d235dcd914b624ea64f.jpg (290x300, 34K)

he's not really wrong though, homosexuality was pretty big in Japan to the point Manjushri was associated as the patron of homosexuals. Though to be fair it was a pretty widespread global phenomenon, I mean the afghans still fucking do it.
also
>check the wikipedia section on Manjushri so I have an easy link if someone wanted it
>some buttblasted nip deleted that section calling it "chinese propaganda"
which is hilarious because the first time I read that anecdote was in an annotated book about Edo era short stories

>Sekiro is the closest we're probably ever gonna get now
The Stealth in Sekiro is just AssCreed though.

Attached: 1553467563243.jpg (900x900, 77K)

Too bad they put Miyazaki on what was supposed to be Tenchu game. That guy can only make one type of game and that's farming ever respawning mobs to increase skills for boss fights.

Your fun fact is somewhat wrong. It started as Tenchu with From at the helm, which is why they had Activision on board, as they had previous rights in the states. From self publishes in Japan. The game started taking it's own form rather than being a straight up Tenchu stealth game, which is why the stealth is barebones. Activision was okay with the change, but wanted From to keep the "Shadow Die Twice" subtitle.

be a*

Yep

There was no Bushido code that samurais were FORCED to follow, it's complete fiction, the "false" Bushido code was written by Yamamoto Tsunetomo, in his book called Hagakure. Yamamoto, himself was a low-rank samurai in the Edo period when samurais were merely politicians or clerks under their feudal lord Daimyo. It was similar like in the Europe Romanticism, which was all the rage in 16th~18th century, when knights were extinct for hundreds of years and people forgot how chivalry was an "sublime ideal" PRECISELY BECAUSE no one followed them in reality.

If the Bushido code was real, there would be much more suicides from Samurais. There was a code but it was followed as the same as washing your hands after you peed. Most japanese don't want to admit that samurais were just opportunistic cowards.

Quite funny too because the Bushido code was only forced when the Japanese were Imperialists and they used that book to brainwash naive young Japanese men into dying for the fat worthless generals

Attached: 1486169182358.jpg (1080x1080, 141K)

Playing through Sekiro right now, I'm just not feeling as much for the setting compared to previous From games. Once you've seen one Japanese castle, you've pretty much seen them all.

Attached: white-heron-castle--himeji-city-japan-daniel-hagerman.jpg (900x675, 160K)

>They believed that sexual relations with women weakened the mind and body

based

>Taking it's own form
LOL fuck off, it was clearly Miyazaki with his usual hubris thinking a souls like with AssCreed tier stealth was better than Tenchu.

Kabaneri was such a fucking wasted show
the first 3 episodes were good and then it just goes no where

I'm not saying it's a new form or anything, but it was a form that wasn't Tenchu. Hence the name change.

I would love another Tenchu game, Aragami couldn't satisfy my ninja stealth itch. I'm still waiting on Armored Core too

Because clearly this is a similar formula sure but it's the... evolution if you will. A new experience that takes familiar mechanics to their logical conclusion and in doing so changes the way video games are played forever.

Riddle me this genius, in what way is making the Stealth of a Stealth focused franchise so bad to the point it's AssCreed tier and evolution of anything?

an*

>I'm just not feeling as much for the setting compared to previous From games. Once you've seen one gothic cathedral, you've pretty much seen them all.

I dunno man I'm not an idea guy like Miyazaki I just know that it's the ultimate evolution of the ideas asscreed tried and failed.

The MC was an utter speccy faggot cuck until the final fight as well.

>I just know that it's the ultimate evolution of the ideas asscreed tried and failed.
LOL in what way? The stealth in Sekiro is on par with Asscreed not better than it. The non stealth combat is what shits on Asscreed ez mode combat.

Why are you so mad at Miyazaki for revolutionising stealth gameplay? I wonder what genre he will redefine next...

>I'm just not feeling as much for the setting compared to previous From games.
I didn't either until I kept progressing and finding some absolutely amazing scenery and fantastic level design. Traveling through these rocky mountains is absolutely kino

>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I can hear it every time

kek

I'd rather fight the black and green knights

Yo what? You're excited for all the japanese games or?

*bong*
*bong*
*bongbongbongbong*
*high pitched whistle*
YeeeoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*bongbong*

Sounds based and redpilled to me.

They said they wanted to get into the "games as a service" and BRs at some point. So Gaypex Legends or Destiny but with notbonfires and notestus.

youtube.com/watch?v=GX1RHrj7IP4

tfw no Legends of the 5 Rings CRPG

Oh I see, you're angry about something he didn't even do. Mighty forward thinking user!

post more kawakami

youtube.com/watch?v=5fl5bkiHYq8

I want claw weapons

What are you talking about?
There was an interview with FROM where they said they wanted to get into the "live service" stuff. It was even posted on this board at the time.

feudal japan is kino as fuck

telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/software-would-love-have-crack-battle-royale/

More like Kawagranny

looping around from sunken valley to ashina depths was fucking nuts

I missed the entrance completely. I got the snake heart in the cave but didn't see any entrance to the depths. I went there through the bottomless hole

is this the N word but for japanese lol

>Yo is the N word
wut

Attached: 1462518868635.gif (288x288, 21K)

God damn it, there was an old school samurai game that had the fucking kabuki yooo in it for one of its most memorable tracks. I for the love of god can't remember it other than that it was 2D and pixel graphics with anime-esque cutscenes.

Attached: catred.gif (326x326, 255K)

East meets West crossover with MediEvil when?

Does it have Genma's extra content?

Far east of eden?

>Sekiro can't die because of the Dragon Heritage
>William can't die because his Guardian Spirit won't let it
Can't wait for both of them to meet

Odachi made the Axe obsolete though

Not that user but I've been meaning to watch some Kurosawa movies since I never have.
but where do I find them though

Yes, which is why DaS3 sucked compared to DaS1 and DaS2

They should call it Samurais Die Twice
Actually there are a lot of samurai games, maybe something a bit more mysterious like "Shadows"

any yooo tracks by the way
youtu.be/xvvW2BUbgp8

>nigga just press the chinese one!

But nearly every single samurai fought with a bow or gun as a primary weapon? It would punch through plate like it was paper. They also used spears and bows from horseback, as the main method of fighting, only drawing their sword as a last resort. Bushido was a meme developed AFTER the era of the samurai, they were warriors and they killed without question, they were certainly not above shooting each other from range and mercy to their enemies was not a common trait, even an unarmed enemy is fair game. These were people who would behead an innocent if they looked at them the wrong way, or even at all. By all accounts the samurai we're villains. A knight would be fucked in such a savage place, literally shot on sight.

Just play William with Full Knight Armor and Western sword.

New ninja gaiden when, I'm playing black for the first time and it's great.

>A knight would be fucked in such a savage place, literally shot on sight.
Isn't a knight just an excuse to be a brigand or highwaymen? Seems it's no different than the samurai.

I dunno user
youtu.be/-QgFBmknqjE

Still love this movie
youtube.com/watch?v=k3sRzY_RXDk

Honestly, the combination of Samurai era Japan music with a bombastic Western orchestra is just amazing. I get the same feeling from Wild West settings with orchestral tracks. Maybe it's not a coincidence, the return of cowboys and the subsequent return of samurai.

>Europe Romanticism, which was all the rage in 16th~18th century

>PRECISELY BECAUSE no one followed them in reality

>If the Bushido code was real, there would be much more suicides from Samurais

What the fuck am I reading

Stick to video games, my dude

Attached: 1452902329969s.jpg (125x119, 3K)

>Nioh was shat to death when it was released
>Now Sekiro is suffering the same fate
I fucking hate the Soulsborne bastards so fucking much

>Soulsborne
Entirely the Dark Souls fans who don't like change. Demons' Souls/Bloodborne fans are always open to a new setting and new gameplay focus.

Nah, they're all the same shit.

Onimusha remaster had a soundtrack that fits that description.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HpSkRSKRtAA

Most retarded post i've read on this board in a long time.
You do know that Knights didn't just vanish with armour? Knight's were of the nobility and landowners. Also the Samurai didn't have any guns when European Knights were going about in full plate harness, at least not until the Spanish, English, Portuguese, and Dutch started selling them to the Japanese. And even then there was a backlash against using Western weapons like firearms, they weren't popular everywhere, especially among a lot of the Samurai.

It's likely nostalgia talking, but I loved Kessen for this exact thing
youtube.com/watch?v=CiVU6qHDupE

Close, now I remember it had something to do with PC Engine, not Samurai Ghosts for sure.

>Entirely the Dark Souls fans who don't like change. Demons' Souls/Bloodborne fans are always open to a new setting and new gameplay focus.
Nah there's a lot of Demons' Souls/Bloodbrone "fans" that just say those are the only good ones in the series because they're Snoy exclusive, and proceed to relentlessly shit on all the other games without giving any good reasons.

>there are people that unironically think that the feudal japanese setting in video games is how real life feudal japan setting actually was

Attached: costanza.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Where the FUCK is Firecrackers tool?

youtube.com/watch?v=4_8CXGvR8O8

>Bloodborne fans are always open to a new setting and new gameplay focus.
Dumbing the game down and removing shit isn't a new gameplay focus

Nobody actually wants to live in ancient times, but they can appreciate the artistic merit in those games.

i dont think 500 years ago is ancient, buddy

What do expect? There's people that think Katanas were imbued with magic from Muh folded 1000 times" and could cut through all armour, trees, and buildings in a single slash.

do you*

you buy it from the mob in by the building with the tengu in it, next to the horse boss

I'll take Sekiros combat over Souls any day of the week. I'm sick of *insert variation of retarded giant anime weapon* games.

based retard

every das suckd besides 1, from are hacks with shitty limited combat.

Eh?
I got from the memorial tent merchant next to the first mini boss, that general Naomori Kawada guy.

>actually was
this applies to any quasi historical setting, or you haven't seen some of the gems people cough up about the middle ages.

Sengoku era Japan had some fucking kino moments though, I'd pay big bucks to be there for those cunt "monks" at Mt. Hiei getting their comeuppance

got it*

You're fucking ancient

I think it's a waste of time trying to push Classical Chinese settings, as it doesn't have the cinematic legacy of samurai films and the fly-by-wire-fu was little more than a curiosity most people have forgotten.

True Chinese kino will be vidya that recreates the true feeling of a Hong Kong martial arts choreographed beat down.

Toukiden 3 when?

fight with thunder guy ( will name him like that to avoid spoilers ) gave me a orgasm.

the '' shinobi '' fights in this game are really good and remember me of good days of playing tenchu

it takes balls to release a game like this in the games for everyone era

>combination of Samurai era Japan music with a bombastic Western orchestra
Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai is fantastic for this. Here's a few:
youtube.com/watch?v=t553ikh0isI
youtube.com/watch?v=thM2HHriVcY
youtube.com/watch?v=H-eUbBrgRDs

MYOOOOOOOO

No lol

Did somebody say YOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=eu9MT7WiWP4&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=i8a3gjt_Ar0
I love it. What other samurai/ninja series do you want to see revived, or maybe something new altogether?

I want a true Tenchu sequel, and a more cinematic/less-goofball Kessen or Way of the Samurai game.

so that explains the doujins

>people posting the memey inauthentic ones
actual kabuki sounds way better
youtu.be/IN82aCRczQw