So is this DLC or are they really getting people to double dip on the same console?

So is this DLC or are they really getting people to double dip on the same console?

Attached: persona-5-the-royale-902x507.jpg (902x507, 49K)

It's almost certainly a new game

It's the Persona 5 version of Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 FES so yes, a new release.

Atlus gets people to double dip with all their high-profile games, this is nothing new

>atlus
take a guess

If they tried to double dip in the age of DLC they'd be crucified, Persona isn't that niche anymore and normalfags would lambast them for not making it DLC.

>can literally pull shit out of his own ass
>asks other anons to pull shit out of their asses instead

What are you? A german? How the fuck is anyone on Yea Forums supposed to know? Do you think atlus JP people are posting here, you inbred cunt?

Attached: 1527557176427.jpg (253x275, 22K)

More importantly, where the fuck is SMT 5? It's been like two years since the announcement we nothing about it.

>wut speculation is?

Attached: 1553066073589.png (500x775, 84K)

Those weren't on the same system though. Fuck.

SWITCH CONFIRMED

It's SMTIV Apocalypse Persona 5 edition.

Ah yes, because this really asks for speculations, right?
>So is this DLC or are they really getting people to double dip on the same console?

It’s 100% a new game and fhey are going to get away with it. Don’t delude yourself.

Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES were

nobody knows yet.
fes came out on a console that didn't support dlc. golden came out on a different console than vanilla p4.
pokemon somehow gets a free pass on triple- and even quadruple-dipping, and that's not even counting the remakes.

Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES are both on PS2 in addition to a PSP port.

I just want to spend more time with my phantom friends, user. Don't be so harsh

Attached: image.png (872x632, 225K)

Are you retarded or just pretending to not know how people speak?

Attached: 1551662181620.png (483x470, 184K)

I remember they were going to attempt a maniax/FES equivalent for SMTIV before going with Final/Apocalypse, even though 3DS could support DLC, I'm not doubting their ability to do a rerelease. Hopefully they don't bullshit people and have it either as a standalone or discounted version for guys who have it on PS4

>wojacks and frogposting
Sorry, I thought I was speaking with an actual human and not some 12 y/o shitposter. Let's just pretend we never had this conversation in the first place.

>discounted version for guys who have it on PS4
This will never happen.

the royal is such a shit name for a special edition

already happened with Persona 3 FES.

>frogposter
get fucked autist

>I thought I was speaking with an actual human and not some 12 y/o shitposter.
You're on Yea Forums, why would you ever assume such a thing?

Blame pokefags

>Persona Battle Royal
It had to happen

I feel dumb for buying vanilla, but at least I didn't waste my time actually playing it past the first dungeon so I don't have to waste my time doing everything all over again.

Attached: 1546682523538.jpg (1124x572, 78K)

P3p added a whole new protagonist and revamped all social links for them though, it's almost a new game

Pokemon is bad, but the second additions feel far less essential. This feels more like fighting games.

>So is this DLC
>Atlus

Attached: 1535282262092.png (256x256, 26K)

That's not that relevant since DLC wasn't even POSSIBLE on the PS2.

>tfw pirated the PS3 version

Feels good to not get fucked by my favorite vidya company. Just imagine paying $60 for a video game and then having to spend yet another $60 for the actual complete game 2 years later

Theres no reason to split up the pokemon games, but nintendo gets away with it
buy the same game twice, you fat piggy banks, what are you going to do about it?
FINALLY IM REWARDED FOR WAITING FOR THE SUPERIOR VERSION
IM NOT THE ONE WHO FEELS CHEATED THIS TIME HAHAHAHAHHA
also plz be switch port, I really dont want to buy a ps4, I will cheap out and play the original on ps3 if I have to.

Attached: 1526341507942.jpg (183x214, 29K)

Same thing here for P5, WoFF and FFXV. At least with the latter two you can buy the new addition stuff separately (and all of it was finally on sale on PSN two weeks ago).

>It’s 100% a new game
Then what's the problem?

What if it's not a rerelease? What if it ends up being something like SMT4A where it's a alternate story/what if/side story/direct sequel kind of deal?

Speculation about what? Anything that was meant to be speculated was already so in the first 3 hours after the trailer.
It just seems to me you are lonely and autistic and like to talk over and over and over again of the same exact shit you like and Yea Forums gives you venting channel.

>Theres no reason to split up the pokemon games, but nintendo gets away with it
That doesn't make this OK, both are scummy as fuck moves and the fact that some developers are still pulling this horseshit is because people still fall for it.

>Theres no reason to split up the pokemon games, but nintendo gets away with it
Because they're literally the same game, there's next to no difference aside from a handful of Pokemon you can get in one version but not the other. There's no advantage to owning both other than the fact that you just own two copies of the same game.

In no way comparable to releasing a game, then making DLC for it and re-releasing the whole game again instead of just selling the DLC separately for people who already own the base game.

What do you think will make this different from the base persona 5?

Are you alright user?

>He says in a thread rife with speculation

I cant believe I didn't mention this but pokemon also has "completed" versions of games like pokemon crystal, emerald, plat, mega sun/moon
why does no one complain when nintendo does it? as user said, that doesnt make it ok and its a borderline scam.
I don't approve of the way atlus or nintendo handle this shit, but its always nice to see people speak up about it.

The third versions for Pokémon have only gotten worse over time too. Most of the additions to Sun and Moon in the "ultra" games were fucking pointless and the stuff that did matter is very short lived and very far in between each other. That's not even mentioning the fact that it fucked with the story and ruined a few characters just to shoehorn in the new box legendaries and a pretty looking hallway.

Oh, I forgot that this was Atlus we were talking about

>The third versions for Pokémon have only gotten worse over time too
Ultra 3DS games are shit, XY didn't have alt version but before that we had B2/W2 which are the best alt version and the best Pokemon games ever. Platinum was also really strong as was Emerald. The weak points are Crystal and USUM.

>why does no one complain when nintendo does it?
They do

Endlessly

Like you, right now

The Japanese release of FES was just a data disc that you still needed a copy of the original Persona 3 to play.

The official site only announced it for the ps4 so probably a new game.

BW2 are a fucking sequel you dumbass
Also Crystal > G/S

Dude they always do this plus they have done exactly that with Catherine.

>Because they're literally the same game
how is that not even scummier? at least persona's re-releases make significant enough changes to justify their existence. and i mean real changes, not "ultra changes."

Are you a zoomer or is this just your first persona?

Don't talk about games you haven't played.

Never ever

Attached: C10927C0-7502-4677-833E-9581B383EF0B.jpg (363x1024, 73K)

>how is that not even scummier?
Because you don't have to buy both to get the full experience, unlike a base game with DLC that requires you re-buy the base game again

Again, Pokemon versions are the same games, you're not missing anything but a few lines of alternate dialogue and a couple cutscenes by not buying both. If they released an update for Pokemon that required I buy the game again to access the content, then it would be comparable.

What's the point of the bit of him playing Mario?

neither.
p1 psp rolled back all the terrible localization choices from the original and finally gave us the snow queen quest in english.
p2 psp added a bunch of side quests through the sumaru climax theatre (not to mention finally translating innocent sin).
p3fes added the answer as well as more content in the main game. p3p added a femc with different social links as well as a more traditional combat system and more difficulty options.
p4g added more social links, more events, more locations, qol improvements and a whole extra month at the end of the game.
personally, i do think it's greedy on atlus' part if p5r doesn't get released as dlc. but judging from atlus' track record, p5r will add plenty of new stuff to make it worth playing anyway - unlike game freak's lazy-ass approach.

Probably something in a week during SegaFes.

Sonyfags laughing at anyone no playing the same games they are playing. Sonyfags are the only ones making tese cancerous screenshot/ Twitter threads and wojaks.

Sega FES
hopefully they have actual information instead of an announcement for an announcement like this

unless you're a literal faggot you shouldn't even care since this is just the same game but with an fmc route.

I agree on Pokémon when it comes to releases a third version but the idea of releases 2 of the same time is people will pick up different versions. The people who buy both are just dumb. No content is missed, just slightly altered stories and Pokémon, which u can trade, so it’s not a big deal. Persona situation is not the same as Pokémon.

Oh and don’t even compare remakes. RSE and ORAS aren’t even close to being similar despite it being a remake.

If they fix the shit villains (minus Kamoshida and fucking God, I loved fighting God) I'd buy it again.

P5R was only an announcement for an announcement because the big concert his happening in April, which is the same event they showed the first full trailer for P5 itself at. SMT proper doesn't have anything like that, so SegaFes is the most likely place for info since I honestly don't think SMT is big enough for something like E3.

Catherine was released in a previous generation though. If Atlus really does make us double dip on the same console where DLC could have been made, then they have fucked up. Though I'm expecting them to release a DLC pass with a separate full price release like with the Royal Edition of FFXV

Catherine is PS3, not PS4.

probably to clarify that it's a switch port-beggar as opposed to a pc port-beggar.

>then they have fucked up
You are really optimistic if you think this is going to go down badly.

>Catherine is PS3
So's P5 :^)

It got cancelled to be remade into Persona 6 for a quick cash grab.

But it's playable on PS4, Catherine is not.

But it's playable on PS4, Catherine is not.

Oh, interesting, I didn't know that. How much did they charge for it?

As long as I get to sinful shell a god I'm down

There'll probably be a DLC to update vanilla versions as well. Remember, the original Persona 3 FES came in two versions in Japan: The full version with the whole thing and an Append Disc which only held the FES updates which you placed in the PS2 first, loading them into the PS2's internal memory, and then inserted the vanilla P3 disc. The reason they couldn't do this with P4G was because there was no vanilla P4 on the Vita.

P5R
P V R

Persona VR

persona 5 R is a VR game exclusive to PS4 that's why there's no PS3 version and switch never ever