Why does this keep happening, Yea Forums?

Why does this keep happening, Yea Forums?

Attached: Concept art vs in-game.png (1371x1655, 2.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/artwork/e0dg0J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

((((((((((((((((((((Because.))))))))))))))))

Attached: 1500916239269.png (368x376, 4K)

Do you retards just not understand how game design works? Yeah converting a drawing to a 3D model that can run on a console sure is easy, fucking western devs reee

because of a bunch of triangles? Watch yourself pal. You’re insane.

You will learn to love brown women.

Attached: ZZ.jpg (690x690, 112K)

I can see the resemblance with Kassandra's concept art compared to her in game appearance, but not at all with Aloy.

western AAA studios are too scared of Anita to make attractive womyn anymore

if brown women were like white or east-asian women with different skin color like in this pic, I would.

Where did this vocal minority get so much power?

beauy is the new class war.

Kassandra actually looks nice. She's cute and I love her ponytail. She also has a nice personality. I'd like to pull on her ponytail. I really love ponytails for some reason.

when big money decided this was a great way to move the masses away from the Occupy movement. Late 2012 to be accurate.

(((social media)))

Its unfortunate that Kassandra won't get another game. Shes likeable

??

They keep falling for the "let's make her look like the voice actress" meme. Even if you don't fuck up the modeling, no real person is going to look as good as the idealized 10/10s an artist can create.

QUICK
AC Odyssey is on sale. Do I buy it? and if so, which edition?

Cassandra looks absolutely god tier in the concept art. What a difference hairstyle and eyebrows can make.

Yup. Buy the edition with the season pass. Its cheap and includes AC3 remaster.

Because 3D images are taken with a virtual camera. Cameras have lenses. You can see in the image that the 2D noses are smaller. This is because the 3D camera lens make the middle of the face appear larger. The same thing happens when we take selfies

Attached: RQFxBRt.jpg (2937x2203, 585K)

i think i need more help, i have a very sexy learning disability. post more brown vidya women, sensei

That's why I can't fap to anything but aliens and anime characters anymore.

is it even a remaster on PC?

seconding this. If only I had some material to put me over the edge.

I'm not sure. But the Atlantis DLC might be cool

based paranoid retard

Attached: 158676285825.png (1280x2159, 3.4M)

Because realistic-looking women, just like real women, will always look uglier than 2d women

Because the highly idealized female faces fit well on the inherently symbolic and non-realistic 2D art, but work poorly in an environment that strives for "realism".
In case of Zero Horizont (or was it Zero Dawn, I can't even fucking remember anymore...) especially, the game was clearly originally concieved as an EXTREMELY cartoony, over-the-top celebration of cheeze and juvenile fantasy, on par with better saturday morning cartoon.
However, as time went on, presumbably due to publisher pressure and worries over marketability, the game was pushed towards more sombre, "realistic" tone and art direction, and original character art had to altered to fit the tone.
It was a STUPID decision, but not one motivated by political interest.
I can't say what happened with Odyssey, but I can pretty safely assume a similar problem was brought up. It was already massively stretching believability that the game has a female soldier to begin with. Making her a super-model would make it just look all the more fucking out of place and stupid.
That said, they could have solved the whole problem by not forcing a female character into the game to begin with.

Because good-looking female models can charge a fuck ton of money by their agents

Attached: 1537977848139.jpg (1024x1024, 135K)

Way to prove him right.

They're all ugly?
What's your point?

They gotta make these characters relatable to american mutt-women.

Is this supposed to look similar? Are some of these the same person? I have face blindness when it's about humans.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1528910789875.jpg (260x281, 15K)

Attached: Z.jpg (600x776, 57K)

the point is that they dont really have a choice, the characters will be as attractive as the women are in real life

Fuck models who came up with that crap anyway? Just fucking model your own characters instead of copying them.

>he doesn't see the happy merchant
You can still be saved, leave this website while you can.

its way easier to just model based on a real life person, especially if you are doing full mocap

Brown women are the ultimate 3DPD but kino 2D.

What the fuck even happened with Aloy in general? She's barely a character and looks like a goblin.

t. resetera rep

is that supposed to debunk him ?

But they didn't do it 10+ years ago so why now? Non-human characters look always good without having real life models they're based on.

>ruining best girl with tattoos
for what purpose?

>tLoU jew is actually pretty attractive irl
Fuck Naughtydog, holy shit

You really don't need a model. If\ their artist is really that lazy they can use ThisPersonDoesNotExist.com

See The entire game is tonal and thematic MESS because the team did not stick to a consistent vision, instead constantly adjusted their vision to better fit marketing surveys, and that basically sucked out any charm that it originally may have had.

Women are uglier than men in real life bro.
Why do you think they wear makeup? In natural competition, women would become wine aunts.

Because white woman BAD and UGLY.
Unless white woman + black man, then white woman GOOD and PREGNANT

because consoles are powerful enough to handle more advanced animations and mocap technology has advanced in the past 10 years.

>Non-human characters look always good without having real life models they're based on.

ummmm

Attached: austin-schut-djpepper2.jpg (1920x1050, 422K)

>that Valentine picture they tweeted

they really wanted
that nose big

Attached: 1495224300478.png (784x850, 421K)

People will say conspiracy but personally I'd chalk it up to incompetence

They're all hideous, what's your point? You think they're attractive, you nasty mudblood? You deserve each other then, filthy third-worlders.

Aloe or what ever that tin-tin look alike looks like shit.

Attached: 1542411896485.jpg (1744x945, 239K)

I don't need hyper realism then. Or just model this shit in real crap but edit it to make it look good. If they have advanced so far they should be able to do that.

>Aloy was concieved as a shitskin but turned out white

That's shocking, actually.

The voice actress for Kassandra is hot

thats more work, and for 90% of people having a character based on a professional model is good looking enough

What a waste. Her mocap actress is really pretty irl.

Attached: ry3ns6b9e4rd4ns.jpg (700x350, 36K)

they actually do that, for the odyssey example kassandra's actor has a big bulbous nose that they shaved down for her ingame model

artstation.com/artwork/e0dg0J

Attached: alex-ro-hoekstra-ver3.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

What if it's both? Capable devs won't design hot female characters anymore because of the backlash. The untalented ones get a pat on the shoulder for their uggos.

>they made her ugly on purpose

Attached: 1551918935437.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

Well fuck 90% of the people then. It's time for anime and other nonrealistic shit to take over the world so that casuals stop being able to get attracted to 3dpd. It's outdated anyway.
I don't want to experience the birth of VR escapism only to dive into VR worlds that look exactly the same as the real one. That's not the point.

because I just cant wrap my head around the idea that huge studios would intentionally try to make thier models look bad just to please a minority of sjws on twitter. It doesnt make sense on multiple levels

Real people always look completely different every day and from every angle, they don't have to edit her to make her look like a different person. I can't even recognize most people in real life if it wasn't for the voices, faces change just because of the lighting for example.

is this "everyone else have mental issues" the last cope of the tranny? been seeing it a lot lately.

Wow, why the fuck are the video game characters so ridiculously ugly compared to the real people? You'd think it'd be the other way around because in video games you can get rid of all the flaws, but nope.

Then why are the men usually ugly too?

Pretty much what said. Most of the "oh wow ugly" comments are generally "pointy knees, would not bang" level of commentary on whether the character is attractive or not. I will say there's definitely been a conscious decision to cover the characters up more, you can see that in the new Mortal Kombat game, but "alright gang we're gonna make this character ugly" is something I doubt happens.

>I can't even recognize most people in real life if it wasn't for the voices
That is quite literally a symptom of autism.

because of this line.

Attached: 1513503353166.png (300x300, 11K)

Because they draw the concept art before getting some round bimbo to do a facescan.

First one is ugly, 2nd one looks pretty good, 3rd one both the character and the reference model looks meh.

Beauty has started being actively hated and fought against, which is part of the process of degeneration that Western culture is going through at the moment.

Attached: 1550918567350.jpg (3024x4032, 1.26M)

I'm just turned off from the hyper-realism. It's one of the main factors of why I disliked the new halo games.

literally proving his point

based and gaypilled

Yea Forums harassing Anita gave her this much power

I think what Said might have to do something with it to. Instead of an artist crafting the model completely, which probably resulted in a lot of the perfectly hot characters, the face scan results in more organic, imperfect faces.

That famous hacker?

Because liberals and anita are useful idiots for people who push this agenda

The fact that I'm able to discern makes me really question where my life is heading, and I don't even browse /pol/.

Not just the characters but the environments too.

>ywn scan her for your video game

Attached: 1532235628464.jpg (1080x851, 50K)

>"realistic" beauty is limited to a performance captured off of a model's face, flaws and all
>idealistic beauty is boundless and can be sculpted directly from a concept

Basically, 2D > 3DPD

Attached: 1549082718876.jpg (720x745, 42K)

Is this MissAlexaPearl?

>Yea Forums is an expert on women
>Can't get no pussy

Explain yourselves

The more realist the looks, the easier it is to fuck something up and throw it deep into the uncanny valley.

>those eyebags
Those aren't sleep depravation eyebags.
Druggie confirmed.

Attached: 1534077268419.png (665x1000, 1.1M)

Attached: 1552351412733.jpg (575x970, 105K)

Attached: bq9cosqjai311.jpg (1859x2308, 579K)

10/10 bush

Attached: 1516405678301s.jpg (101x125, 2K)

Maybe all the diversity hires get dumped on the modelling department and this is just the end result of hiring sub-par people for SJW points...?

are you saying some aren't? brown and black are different things, cute brown girls are god tier

Attached: 1552450386172.jpg (1427x1419, 851K)

Have sex

2D>3D

As opposed to cute white, asian and black girls?
All attractive girls are nice.

>154cm tall
I M A G I N E

I wish I could

true, I just have a soft spot for brown

Attached: OAjzMyV.jpg (1080x1350, 134K)

West relies too much on face scans and reproducing ugly real life roasties for their AAA schlock. Stop imitating the roastie, transcend it.

Attached: 1551014537176.jpg (894x894, 140K)

Pick better looking women.

What?
The people they get for scans are models most of the time who are really nice looking.
It's just the scan that fucks them up.

She looks half Asian

you're trying too hard.

Ded

Attached: 1543258883479.jpg (500x694, 56K)

Probably southern pacific.

lots of asians are brown

Attached: 1549039495147.jpg (1080x1350, 206K)

Attached: 1553419439720.jpg (1192x2144, 623K)

Attached: 1545775327299.png (983x781, 1.15M)

I think the problem with Claire is that they gave her baby cheeks.

I want a dominant latina gf bros

Attached: 1533701953265.jpg (1080x1332, 150K)

no you don't

That doesn't count

She always reminds me of the fat kid from sandlot

which one of is brown women?

Well it ain't Aloy.

she's so pretty holy shit

she is half black half asian according to her instagram

>half black
Boner status: killed

they are unironically making their female characters uglier to appeal to SJWs, some dev was here spilling the beans on it a while ago

>some dev was here
you took the bait

Makes me wonder why this only apply to female characters while most male western characters are still by and large handsome gigachads?

>Japanese "artist"
>hexagon head, no nose, number 3 for a mouth
Meanwhile, in Europe

Attached: 1522223356804.jpg (667x1000, 163K)

Did you see the OP? clearly not.
They don't have any power. They just screech on Yea Forums.

Stick to games made in Japan. They don't give a single fuck. In fact, they keep making shit more ridiculous each passing generation.

Dev here. We actually do it to piss off Yea Forums. Our publisher gives us a bonus based on the amount of angry threads are made about the game. I don't want to go into to much detail as to dox myself. But twitter is also often used as a tool to hit this metric.

Aloy's looks just do not translate well at all

Because it's not that important the target audience of these games that the female characters look like kawaii anime characters.

Yeah. As someone who appreciates both. I find it an interesting observation of the human condition, that there are people who can't just be happy and play the one they like. But must also be angry the other exists. Oftentimes spending more time and energy being angry about the other, than they do enjoying the style they like.

I think my reaction to this is logical but not the reaction of most people. Wouldn't most of the people who complain about these faces fuck 3DPD nonetheless whenever they had a chance? If I learned anything on the net it's that most lonely fags on here would even fuck a mutated landwhale, so why get angry over 3DPD faces in games then?
I can't get attracted to 3DPD in general, I even thought I was asexual till I was 25 because I can't even feel attraction towards real people until I realized I do get attracted to 2D characters as well as some 3D game characters who don't look human by realism standards.
So it makes sense that I hate this, but I don't get why others get mad at it and I don't get this contradiction.

2D>3DPD