9 years and STILL development far from over

>9 years and STILL development far from over

kek it's never coming out

Attached: NEVER EVER.jpg (778x1192, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-out-by-2021-alongside-another-cd-projekt-red-unannounced-title/
shacknews.com/article/110749/cyberpunk-2077-and-unnamed-cd-projekt-rpg-to-release-by-2021
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you have zero idea how game development works and neither do game journalists

far from over is code word for final build in september

2 months for testing so just in time for holidays

if it gets pushed back again they will release Q1 2020

some things take time to get right, rush it and it stays ruined forever, just like your mom's 7 month premature labor

>rush it and it stays ruined forever

go back to 1990 dumb boomer

>9 years of development
More like 9 months

what even is this "game"?

Q1 2020
screencap this post

There's no way this game will deliver. It looked like soulles garbage in the videos.

Screencap deez nuts

absolutley agree. it looks like shit and i dont even mind the sun. i would also like to stop calling it rpg, its gta clone and not rpg at all.

A game being in development for a long time isn't a tell that the game is not being rushed. If anything its always more cause for concern because it can mean that development was restarted multiple times or has hit too many walls to even get working on a foundational level. Anthem was in development for a long time and you know how that turned out

Not saying Cyberpunk is going to be that shit, but you should always worry when development takes this long for a game

development actually was halted and whole concept reworked from original trailer to this shit we got now

Don't care I want it. I'm so starved for this sub-genre that I'll take most anything.

pretty sure they were just prototyping until witcher 3 development ended in 2016 and that's when they all moved to full time cyberpunk development

play gta 5. its same sub-genre and better game

the original trailer was a prerendered cinematic, it wasn't indicative of anything, unless you're a dumb newfag who still falls for prerendered cinematics

i know its prerendered, but trailer is made so it at least indicates look and feel of the game. which completel changed. now go suck more muh based cdpr cock lil faggot.

>because they showed something that even slightly deviates from the original trailer means that the “look and feel” is completely changed
Yeah I know I want to play an RPG where everything looks the same for at least 100 hours

9 years of development hell is not a good sign. Look at Duke Nukem Forever.
A delay or 2 is normal. 9 years of infighting and complete resets are not.
If something is failing to meet deadlines it's not a good sign.

Attached: 1553265298174.png (500x1206, 159K)

>but trailer is made so it at least indicates look and feel of the game
you learned nothing from dead island then

That trailer was outsourced. Game looks exactly like it was intended and how cyberpunk 2020 is
>There are lots of cyber games around, but there's not a lot of punk in those games," he said. We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll.
Game development started after Hearts of stone, before that only couple of people were working on it.

>slightly deviates
mate, did u even watch both videos its litteraly day and night difference

so many cdpr shills who cant admit games looks like shit. also dialogue is shit

I don't think it's actively being developed for 9 years, their best teams were still busy with Witcher 3 until 2015. I guess up to that point they were just doing the groundwork for the game, shit like engine tweaks and design.

>Half Life 3 is never coming out
>Bannerlord is never coming out
>Cyberpunk 2077 is never coming out
>Protomen Act 3 is never coming out
>The Winds of Winter is never coming out
When's the helium tank getting here so I can join Selphie already?

Did I ever say it's look good or bad? This quote is from 2013 and games look exactly like that. Just because retards like you were expecting blade runner the game not knowing source material is your fault, not some change in art direction.

Attached: 1528051981541.jpg (979x2284, 686K)

Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be shit OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1549478408326.jpg (225x225, 7K)

fuck you, also i think sun is very bad idea for cyberpunk and not enough buildings. but i dont like blade runner mate, not even blade runner aesthethic that much.

Can't wait for it come out this year and stealing all the GOTY:s making DMCfags, Fromdrones and REtards slit their wrists.

Attached: 1552614314682.png (720x720, 581K)

>some things take time to get right, rush it and it stays ruined forever

FFXV was worked on for 10 years before it came out and look at what happened to it.

>muh soul
How to spot a faggot.

I don't think that's true, but it's hard to say what went wrong with SE for the past 15 years, mismanagement perhaps? FFX4.0 only made things worse even, this was a lost decade for them when it came to delivering good, memorable games.

An action RPG set in a fictional future city

I'm fine with this for as long as it's going to be full of waifus.

>9 years and STILL development far from over
Game was announced in 2012 and the first teaser was shown in 2013 which CDPR have admitted it was used more as an advertising scheme to hire others. Development didn't properly hit full swing until late 2013. Where are you pulling 9 years from? (apart from your ass)

>people think the game was in active development since 2010 when they gotten the full team years later after the release of blood and wine

Exactly. Anthem was 6 or 7 years in development, and it looks and plays like a free-to-play game. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cyberpunk is gonna be just a liiiiitle more epic than Anthem was.

>it's never coming out
The release date will be announced this E3. Screencap this.

I wish I knew what this was supposed to even mean.

Attached: 1512191593082.jpg (500x595, 217K)

>not rpg
>not cyberpunk
>not FP

are you by any chance retarded?

I played GTA 5 in 2013. Why are you suggesting I play a game released 6 years ago when Cyberpunk is obviously cutting edge technology?

Attached: 1529533010783278.jpg (640x476, 63K)

Would you wait one more year for a Joi waifu, a catgirl waifu and a corporate waifu?

It means that games are updated and patched over the internet today

cyberpunk 2077 isnt cyberpunk as well
cyberpunk 2077 isnt rpg

cutting edge ? lol did u see the gameplay bro. it looks like 2009 shit game

You do realize Duke Nukem Forever changed game engines like 3 times, had multiple starts and stops, had entire different teams working on it at different times, and even had the company bought and sold in the times it was supposed to be released? Cyberpunk has been the same studio doing the same work this whole time. It's not a good analogy.

I don't care about vidya romances in the slightest so no. It just feels awkward watching the characters do shit, do people imagine themselves as the character or how do you deal with that

Attached: sergey-volkov-tedtmss.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

Didn't they scrap production several times on ff, though? Figure as long as they're not doing a crazy amount of restarts on this game it won't be awful

>i want a shitty game now
you clearly dont understand that production takes a long time. Do you know how important Quality Assurance is? or did you play too many rushed shitty EA games?

You say that like it's a good thing. I mean, I agree in theory it seems like it should be awesome. But you and I know what it really means, greedy fucks release a half finished game way early, get your money, and "YOLO we'll fix it eventually".

2009? C'mon dude. If you really believe that you're delusional. I played games in 2009, this don't look like anything from back then.

>do people imagine themselves as the character
user have you ever played a RPG?

Listen, we may be in the minority, but I absolutely agree with you. I still remember how weird the concept was to me when I first learned from the internet that there are people out there that actually do that. It's still hard for me to believe. So no, you're definitely not alone.

Have you both not ever watched a good movie or read a great book that featured romance? It's just about empathy and seeing characters evolve and change, mainly. It's not really self insertion it's just more about liking a story, and in many stories romance comes up as part of the human condition

Yes, but I do not literally picture myself as the guy I'm playing. Especially not in this style of RPGs where the character is very fleshed out from the start. If I play Witcher 3, I'm playing from Geralt's perspective, I don't self insert as Geralt. So when I'm sitting there watching Geralt and Yennefer getting all romantic, it feels just as awkward as seeing that stuff in real life

Attached: melkein06.gif (266x149, 2.71M)

I didn't really imply anything one way or another, I was just explaining what that guy was saying. I get what you're saying though. It's a good thing in some instances, but it's often misused

Attached: 1528715793_giphy.webm (480x270, 856K)

V

Attached: cyberV.png (646x1200, 872K)

>going toe to toe with the GOTY

yeah nah no chance in hell they have the balls for that

Attached: Project_Frasier_MainArt_logo2.gif (599x420, 2.17M)

It's still time wasted on one game

I hope this is bait but you can never tell these days.

What kind of underwear is that even supposed to be

>balls
Did you just assume the game's gender, user? That sounds like a masquerade violation to me

just fuck off /pol/

Attached: this kills the pol jew.jpg (978x845, 184K)

>Yes, but I do not literally picture myself as the guy I'm playing.
You should. It's an RPG.

>hardsuit labs
oh yes now that's a dev with a good track record

Attached: 1552092916944.jpg (529x431, 33K)

It's a good question, looks incredibly uncomfortable what ever it is.

Attached: Vvv.webm (750x750, 2.57M)

It's a game where I'm Geralt the monster hunter, and then I occasionally decide what Geralt is going to say

please do tell all the masterpieces Troika developed before VtMB

I'll wait right here, take your time.

Arcanum doesn't count btw

>bought on steam
>the game is available on GOG
Why?

because he's a retard

Well, keep trying to understand. It's not really a new concept either.

Attached: D&d_Box1st.jpg (182x300, 14K)

>this one doesnt count
cmon now

Attached: 1552515347592.png (382x390, 142K)

i don't like to fund jews

fucking cdpr retards

that's why suddenly there is sun and shit everywhere

Hate to break it to you, but if a game has character creation, freedom of movement and dialogue choices, it should be obvious by now.

>the witcher 3
Not a real RPG. Very few games these days allow you to create your own character, but when they do they are in a league of their own. Yes, even Bethesda turds.

>I'm so starved for this sub-genre

uhhh why? there are hundreds of cyberpunk games better than this gta clone that won't come out for another 10 years dude

Attached: cyber.jpg (764x5000, 2M)

you're a retard m8

are you being dense on purpose projektfag?
that trailer obviously set the tone for how the game was going to be, only for them to do a complete 180 and make it absolute shit 6 years later

Nah, your a retard

>it's shiny so it must be made of metal
brainlets go home

Attached: 9899.jpg (736x682, 92K)

It looks uncomfortable because it's a weird g-string that's wedged tight against the hips, user. It's like you've never worn women's clothing before.

It looks so rigid though, it doesn't hug the body like cloth, it just sits there like some kind of shell

fucking kek, NEVER EVER you fags! this is so based, just like TORtanic.

Fuck I love this board.

>gta clone
HAHAHAHA YEAH BRO YOU TELLEM I REMEMBER IN GTA WHEN YOU COULD GET BLADES IN YOUR ARMS AND HACK PEOPLE'S BRAINS TO JAM THEIR WEAPONS HAHAHAHA YEAH MAN

The only thing worse than "muh sun" fags are the "it's gta" braindeadlets just because it's set in a city & you can drive.
Go fucking crack open the Cyberpunk 2020 source book

defend them more yes cdpr shill, when theyy deliver muh cyberpunk game u will realize its shit and have to admit it eventually

wew

>Pre-ordering game with literally no gameplay or info yet showed
Yikes.

>Almost april
It's not coming out this year retard.

>I SAID THE SHILL WORD AM I NOT A NEWFAG YET???? SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL IS IT WORKING
Dispute my points or shut the fuck up, nintenbabby

It's probably that 80-90% of content/asset development is done, they are just about to go into the QA stage of development in a few months

Attached: 1371753408966.jpg (562x560, 53K)

>Yea Forumstards STILL think game development is a steady process starting the moment the first teaser trailer gets shown and never stopping

either you count pre-production since 2013 as 9 years of development, which is bad math, or you are REALLY bad at math.

what points just because u have different type of mellee weapon the game is different subgenre now ? the game is more similar to gta than game you would call rpg per se... stop being edgelord and stop sucking cocks from people that didnt even put out the game yet. untill it comes out is shit, just admit it and stop being a faggot.

it being a shit game might only be proven when it is finally out, it not being anything like GTA can be proven right now.
you still lose, returd.

reading this makes me feel like I'm getting dumber, I can only spectulate what actually thinking and then typing must wreak on your frail mind...

ok then, also preorder ur games mate so u dont miss out on le based cdpr cyberpunk totaly not gta 5 mod game

Please name the Grand Theft Auto game where you could get your eye replaced with a scanner, steal a robot that could walk on walls, take slo-mo drugs, go to a doctor to get a implant on your hand, hack into people's brains to jam their weapon, and hack through closed doors, or you're full of shit since the only reason you've given to far is
>it's a gta clone because...because...I said so! Shill!
Also, did you have a fucking stroke while typing this?

nice projecting

>slo-mo
fuck i hate consolefags, they cant shoot properly with shity controlers so they have to put into game design so they can hit anything

How could anybody be excited for the game after that demo? It was just clunky, on-rails and generic. I feel like it's going to end up having less content than DE:HR

Attached: 9a5e27a418d4f77fdb83787d6d1471ee50452573e3c221c607db406c20f638b3.jpg (883x658, 54K)

When was GTA ever character stats? You are literally shitposting. It's an rpg, seethe

2077 is the release date

>it was clunky, on-rails and generic.
You mean like every other post-2000 game pre-alpha demo shown to the public before it's release?

You feel wrong. They said we should expect something along the lines of TW3 in terms of content amount.

No john you are the /pol/ and then the liberal was a nazi.

>rpg
>cant even change characters name
>cant change character appearance
man... tf2 is rpg by your standard coz characters have different stats

gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-out-by-2021-alongside-another-cd-projekt-red-unannounced-title/

they have another game plus 2077 coming out in two years jfc

I feel really weird reading discussions here sometimes, because it feels like people aren't even talking about the same things

>can't change character appearance
Character customization was literally, LITERALLY the first thing shown in the demo you absolute fucking retard
>tf2 has different stats
...Are you just typing shit out for argument's sake, or are you seriously this dense? Now I'm actually kind of worried for you. Did you suck batteries as kid or something?

>TF2
When did TF2 have stats like INT, STR, COOL, TECH, REF, ATTR, LUCK? You aren't making your arguments hold much weight.
Cyberpunk 2077 regardless of whether or not it will be a good game is very much an rpg. No amount of goalpost moving or "but...but!" you interject is going to change that.

Lol from few already premade choices u cant actually change the whole character ass you want,
also why did you just ignore point about the name cdpr fag ? most important thing to change and customize in rpg games so you can roleplay at all. ?

saved ;)

>rpg
>cant even change name
>always called v
>voiced protagonist

So are Deus Ex games not RPG because you play as a character named Adam? Or Geralt in Witcher?
You are either shitposting, or you are one of the stupidest people to post on this board. And that's saying something.

exactly, they arent finally u understand me

Nooooooooooooooooo

Attached: 1553308208022.png (601x601, 406K)

>Game looks exactly like it was intended and how cyberpunk 2020 is

bait

You can change your name though. 'V' isn't a name, it's just something the NPC's can use to refer to the protagonist. Like 'courier' in New Vegas.

So Gothic isn't an RPG series?

unfortunately this place has become cdpr shill central lately

It can only be ~2 years away because otherwise they will run out of money, thanks to Thronebreaker bombing.

don't forget Barkley 2

okay but new vegas isn't an rpg either

Ffs, only games i would define as rpg are for example bethesda tes games, but they are so shit its not even funny. Morrowind with mods is acceptable, but only just to not be callsd complete shitload like skyrim and oblivion are.

no, it's an action game with stats

it shouldn't take a decently sized studio like cd projekt red to take 9+ years and still expect to take another 2+ years to develop a single game.

tes games are not even close to being rpgs

Tottaly agree, outside of this board theres not one negatove commemt about them, everyone sucking their dicks

But witcher is and deus ex? Bitch please what is rpg then?

This reads like some butthurt 15 year old ESL kid from the Middle East typing on Youtube comments

Holy shit goddamit finally someone understands me!

Apparently nothing

Been waiting for this and bannerlord too fucking long

Indeed if tes games cant be called rpgd, even though very bad ones, i dont know what can be called rpg

shacknews.com/article/110749/cyberpunk-2077-and-unnamed-cd-projekt-rpg-to-release-by-2021

Q4 2021

Dead on arrival if true, noone will wait that long for that. Even the biggest fans, the hype will slowly run out

Rockstar is much bigger with more resources and it took them 8 for RDR2, CDPR is trying to go bigger than Witcher 3 which is pretty sizable.

Also people will just 1 day pirate it and thats it

That just says they have another unknown game releasing in 2021

>an rpg
Opinion discarded.

>9+ years for a GTA mod

Cdpr fags seething

No way, the game already looks outdated.

>cyberpunk-2077-and-unnamed-cd-projekt-rpg-to-release-by-2021
cyberpunk comes out this year, unnamed project 2021.