Jungle biome... home...

Attached: images (1).jpg (701x438, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs
youtube.com/watch?v=dwtVFGgtw7M
github.com/ddevault/TrueCraft
youtu.be/LnjSWPxJxNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I could never actually figure out what I wanted to make in a jungle biome because there was a lack of mountains

at least it was before poor engine optimization fucked everythang up

just put your shit on one of the big trees
and if the big trees are not big enough install a mod for the bigger trees

>ywn see a jungle biome ever again
b-bros....

at least it was before i spilt lava on it

this is one of the things that kept me from quitting mc

back when 99% of the whole fucking world was plains biome/infinite oceans this was worth looking forward too

i still remember making a huge tree city

>craft flint and steel
>set the forest on fire
yes
YYESSSSSSSSS

>that faggot friend who set the jungle on fire in the 1.6 version

I really hate the whole temperature biome system minecraft has now, it just means you'll rarely see the actually interesting biomes and always get shitty plains/desert/ocean forever.

>find jungle biome
>nowhere to build since trees cover the whole biome
>other than lumberjacking the only things to do are farming cocoa beans, taming ocelots, and getting whatever shit is in the jungle temples (which still aren't impressive)

>do this on a multiplayer server
>some guy had a neat treehouse in there
>half of it was burned down
>they never found out who I did it
I'm sorry blazindonut, you may have lost a lot that day and with time you will forget about it if you haven't already, but it will be forever burried in my mind how I burned down that forest.

Attached: 1545113968471.jpg (1200x1200, 311K)

i see people saying the adventure update ruined the generation but honestly i think the tempature update did more. You wont find any cool shit now like snow in the jungle

Hold still while i glass you

Why are jungles so fucking hard to find nowadays?
I returned to Minecraft after a good while and the world is 99% plains and forest with the occasional mountain, even though they added so many new biomes.

In my defense, I had no idea there was a guy living in that jungle, I wouln't have done it have I known in time I'm not that kind of guy, but once a fire starts in the jungle you can't stop it so there was nothing I could do anyway.

biomes are now tempature based. Its extremly rare to find a good jungle now

Tempature based? How does that work?

>the buggy lagfest that is fire spread enabled
it's okay user, the blame was fully and entirely on the incompetent server managers

basically you wont find jungles,deserts and snow biomes next to each other anymore. Its way more realistic now which sucks

if you see a regular forest chances are theres a deep woods forest nearby

I hate how you always spawn in a normal temperature area, why not make it so we can spawn in a hot or cold area? It just makes every single seed feel the same.

>watching old youtube videos of retards burning their houses down while attempting to make fire places in alpha

Why did they ever nerf fire spread.

Attached: 1553018291190.jpg (341x341, 18K)

That sounds good on paper but that still sucks. The world blends together better for sure, but the lack of variety kills the experience for me.
I feel like if they had the same concept but toned it down a notch it would work.
What biomes do jungles normally spawn nearby? I'd figure they'd spawn near forests or savannas but I haven't seen shit

The best part was spawning at the bottom of a jungle and either wasting time to try and navigate it or just living with it and putting your house up in a tree.

I've been playing on a server with no rules recently (no not fucking 2b)
>escape spawn and travel a bit
>run into another new guy
>we decide to base together
>he leaves for a bit talking to older vets and getting access to better gear and gaining their trust
>meanwhile I'm farming xp to build myself god items from scratch
>we decide to meet up again at the end to start a permanent base
>go there and run into some other guys, they're not doing anything and we chat for a while
>suddenly they go full autismo and kill us both, destroying everything we had worked on
>going_nuclear.png
>my base mate uses his connections to find a guy in their group who's sick of their antics
>he tells us their dupe stash cords
>steal their shit and destroy everything they had like they did to us
>they still dont know we're the ones who did it

Attached: 1534731328281.gif (400x296, 443K)

i recommend just checking the mc wiki

i think near other warm biomes

>tfw jungles are in the same catagory as mushroom biomes

>Minecraft
>not wurm
yikes!

Attached: 1460007870584.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

152.89.245.20:40020 mineman serb have fun

>Wurm
It's great, but good luck getting someone to play for more than a week.

made one of those new fancy worlds that was a mix of the End and a jungle edge biome.
Honestly you could run a server on such a world and you'd still have almost everything

Attached: 2019-02-10_17.10.07.png (1680x1050, 1.8M)

gib seed

browaii.... home...

i remember building my estate on the left hand side, near the trees. game was a grind but man what a comfy grind.

Attached: browaii.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

I thought you couldn't get higher tier ores in worlds like this?

>he doesn't like shaders

Attached: 2019-01-28_17.58.14.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

>building a castle into a giant mountain
there is nothing better than this, mountains make the absolute best homes

Attached: 1535999696298.jpg (720x745, 55K)

and feed

my computer can't even run default settings/texture packs very well anymore, even on very low/nonexistent settings.

>that floating mineshaft in the void
but yeah that looks incredible

Attached: 1524770113406.jpg (411x412, 15K)

Comfy as fuck.

>round sun

It's shit

>get back into modding after playing nothing but 1.7.10 for years
>azanor fucking ruined thaumcraft
>nodes got deleted
>research is fucked completely to waste even more paper

Attached: DELETE.jpg (667x710, 42K)

Thaumcraft 4 was the best and you cannot deny it

Attached: 1534022566009.jpg (502x562, 46K)

How to fuck do I farm dark oak trees?
They rarely drop 4 saplings so I can only have 1 tree at a time.

Based and dorfpilled

I like em, but I don't have a top tier computer to run em.
What's more, it feels like every new shader is less optimized than the previous one, eventually I quit usint them because it sucks having less than 40 fps.
Maybe one day shadermakers will start thinking more about optimizing, though I guess its also minecraft spaghetti code itself adding more useless shit instead of fixing their code.

When did this game turn to shit and why was it the adventure update?

actually singleplayer got much better. servers turned to shit thoguh, no more vanilla survival server with only q or two plugins to protect your land from griefing.

I miss the times where Minecraft wasn't so unoptimized lagfest because they needed to add polar bears
I miss the times where you can load up a world without it crashing
I miss the times when the Minecraft launcher wasn't ugly
They say that the reason Minecraft died was that it was too old but really it is the fact that the game is unplayable ever since Microsoft bought it

Attached: IMG_20190324_225951.jpg (1422x1080, 161K)

i miss the old days when it was nonstop chaos and anarchy

Attached: 1552361057510.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Griefing and Building coexisted and created balance on the servers. They were like yin and yang. There can't be the quiet order of building without the anarchic chaos of griefing.

i actually miss the most the servers that got survival and mini games and everything on same seerver. now its all divided so u got like 40 people per server instead of like 2500

Snow > rest

i just stay on that one 2014 version

I just hate how big the biomes are compared to map size

it's mindbogglingly pathetic how a game worth a billion+ dollars runs like a shoddy bootleg

Bedrock runs like butter

Based and snowpilled

>try to make a zoo in survival with as many mobs as possible
>snow and jungle biomes are a billion miles away
That’s fine I didn’t even want polar bears

>on a mountain
Only neanderthals do that
True kings build it on Islands

My cpu jumps from 40C to 85C.

It's amazing how much nostalgia clouds the judgment of people in regards to Minecraft.
New Minecraft is objectively better. If you don't have a total hunk of shit computer it runs fine (although it does lag more than it should, I'll agree on blaming Microsoft for that), and they've since fixed the complete dogshit generation of newer versions, the world is no longer just a series of forests that go on for-fucking-ever. Although, I agree that it could serve to be improved stil.
That being said the versions most people are claiming are superior still have the same exact fucking issue of only having forests because most of these versions barely have any biomes. They also looked like total shit and there were barely any building materials and the only thing there was to do in the game was find diamonds which only made a jukebox that only played two songs, only one of which was good, armor, which was pointless since mobs were weak as piss, and diamond tools, which eventually break anyways.

Attached: Alpha_v1.0.16_01.png (854x480, 436K)

*dies of starvation*

*is a lazy faggot who can't take 2 minutes to make a wheat farm*

>40c idle
Clean your fucking heatsink.

>Not getting a cow n living off a rotten flesh n milk

bedrock has no mods

still runs like butter

Which version of Minecraft should k get with the most mod support and good world generation?
I miss having crazy super tall mountains and floating islands with ridiculous formation, and I want to go crazy and install loads of mods to make it even crazier

>implying it was at one point not fucked up

still boring as shit

imagine that your game actually needs mods to make it good LOL

New Brohalla, home. At least it was until the desert fucked it all up. I even named my two-hander sword "Thundernigger" at the suggestion of the bros.

sure: 1964569124 but there is just one (1) biome so it's all the same.
true but that would incentivize players to go to the nether and the end to get high level gear

The amplified word generation option lets you do that on the java edition

Alphafag here, what's the best version to play if I want go go back?

java

Skyblock-fag here. Is there an updated Skyblock vanilla map anywhere for download?
Last time I checked it, people gave up on it years ago. It's so sad. Vanilla Skyblock was peak Minecraft.

Should I buy this for the Switch? I don't like playing on pc

youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs
>it was a Swede

Attached: 1549761792552.jpg (762x681, 61K)

the switch port is pretty solid

though the only version of it now is the bedrock version. Runs like butter though

I've been mulling over the idea of making a 1.7.3 beta mod that just continues vanilla but in my own alternative direction. Good idea or no?

mc was really way harder back then

Attached: 1544642524000.jpg (800x800, 117K)

>tfw deleted all of my old worlds because minecraft was lagging like shit
>my 1.5 jungle biome roller coasters and first house gone forever

Attached: DE142D7B-55CC-4226-AF77-3B9A350592A6.jpg (815x650, 88K)

I think I was in the last remnants of a Yea Forums village called New Brotopia. There were only a few people and only the mayor knew about Yea Forums but I remember finding random statues named "Waifu" and "Nigger" in random caves across a lake.

>those ugly highres texture packs that were used because they made the game "realistic"
Glad those days are over

i remember the first time i played setting fire to my wooden house and then i alt f4'ed to just go back to an earlier save

then i realised that it autosaves when you quit and my house was in ruins

Attached: 1535315945720.png (292x257, 94K)

github.com/ddevault/TrueCraft

Show us some respect and build it in a suitable place like sky.

hytale soon amigos

>mojang specifically had to change EULA because of jewish activities
its gonna be pay2win

proof

That's the temp when I play minecraft.

I just fish. Yeah, I know it's boring, but you can get 5 fish per minute, which is 50 in 10 minutes, which will last a lot as long as you don't run often (you also find chicken and cows occasionally) and it's worth the comfiness of the biome.

Also, europeans survived in extremely cold enviroments but you can't manage a cold biome on a fucking videogame, topkek.

anyone else like to explore the survival mode of big servers just to find weird shit like this

Attached: 82d74fb5ceeeafe63e970f92b1569261.png (689x318, 176K)

One time I joined some random popular survival server with the sole intent of walking in a straight line from spawn and seeing all sorts of shit like this. About a few weeks into my odyssey, the server admins changed the seed and reset everything for whatever reason, so I had to stop.

I started playing MC again after quitting in 2016, why do I have such a shitty frame rate?

>play on singleplayer
>minecraft eats up my cpu like it's nothing
>play on a multiplayer server
>minecraft runs like butter
What the fuck

install optifine my brother

play minetest

Reminds me of this one:
>youtu.be/LnjSWPxJxNs

Attached: 1332424144333.jpg (210x251, 9K)

When was this?

Attached: e37657abbcc75f9ef1b85d92e87b88681ce699e0e4d088e6a0cf9617435dd6b0.jpg (1920x1080, 573K)

wow what a mystery

frozen solid butter
also its on windows 10

I always do this. The chances you BTFO someone who hid their house in there is just too much to give up.

>village spawns in dessert... sand collapses leaving half of it underground
>village spawns in hills... geography spawns half of it into the landmass and the other half in broken piles of gravel
mmm, delicious

there's a variety of options between alpha 1.0 and the bloated shit we have now. nigger

how do you guys keep the fire going when burning down jungles?

all the fires i set usually die off after burning a tree or two

I don't know about newest versions, but when the flint and steel didn't worked, lava would always deliver the desired burning, climb one tall jungle tree using the vines arround, drop one bucket of lava from there and you're done. Jungle's pretty much burnt down.

>want to play modpacks
>autism isn't advanced enough for them

Play on Alpha. Flint and Steel on trees there spread like wildfire.

>want to play modpacks
>computer isn't advanced enough for them

Now that all the zoomers (and pedos) moved to fortnite, is it safe to say Minecraft is /ourgame/ again?

>jungle temples
In all my time playing Minecraft I only found like 3 temples, and they're so underwhelming.
What's the point of super rare structures like these if they have no good loot, nor are they interesting or fun to explore? It would have been nice if they were large and expansive like mineshafts were when they were added.

I want to see more structures like nether fortresses that are just massive and have a lot of variety to them. though even nether fortresses leave a lot to be desired.

>underwater ruins are more common and have better loot than jungle temples

Fire does not have infinite spread

and Automagy was arguably the best mod. I'd throw Horizons after that considering it was fun being able to imbue my farm animals with special traits, and set up it's entire revival structure.

I'm not much for challenge modpacks, but current one I'm playing isn't as tedious or "hardcore" like most other popular ones.

Attached: 2019-03-24_14.23.42.png (1298x745, 829K)

it reminds me of a server I was on with only 4 friends, we were each making our house and sometimes after I finished making mine, which took a long time like 2-3 week and it was really big, thunder started raging everyday and every night on the server, no one knew why and half of our house got burned by it

This. Being a roaming nomad and exploring the war torn wasteland of a heavily griefed server is interesting.

I always wind up Dorf Forting it. Finding a mountain and just digging myself a home into it. Found one with an underground lake above where I started digging so I made it a pool. Pretty comfy.

>lose 20 hours of progress because a chunk gets corrupted and I didn’t back up my saves
I think it’s time I get a new CPU, what would lads reccomend?

How the fuck do you get modpacks functioning? For literal years I've wanted to play something that has an emphasis on more hardcore survival/dangerous enemies, but I booted MC up a few months ago and I didn't recognise shit. The launcher is different, the interface is different. I recall it used to be plug and play, now I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Attached: 1466009130437.jpg (847x471, 36K)

stop playing java nigger

Village and Pillage update fixes this. I started a map on Bedrock recently and a villge spawned in the mountains. Most of the houses entirely unreachable. Loaded up the same seed in yhe new update with experimental features enabled and went tho that same village. Every house was accessable. Much prettier. New designs and buildings. They fixed villages

Install technic launcher. Literally idiotproof

>village spawns in fucky terrain and all of the houses are either off the ground or underground
mmm yep

I suggest MultiMC. Pretty simple to figure out how to get forge installed and then you can just go on browsing for mods and dropping them in.

This is the village in the latest patch without experimental gameplay enabled (aka the village and pillage changes)

Attached: Minecraft Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 21.16.44.18.jpg (1840x1040, 393K)

Now this is the same village spawned from the same seed with experimental gamrplay enabled. Still a lot of cliffs but much more accessible via paths. Also larger with more building types

Attached: Minecraft Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 21.18.46.02.jpg (1840x1040, 381K)

I still play modded MC but I want to wait for the new update before I continue in my vanilla world.

Attached: 2018-11-24_22.57.04.png (1366x705, 800K)

>higher up houses spawning with little half-spheres of ground under them to remain accessible

Maybe a little inelegant/obvious but I guess it's better than the old villages. Besides that one in the back middle that's got cifff-face dirt paths leading to nowhere. Feels like they could figure out how to add a bit of code to make switchback staircase paths in the event of sheer cliffs in the middle of villages.

>find Woodland Mansion
>burn it

Attached: yes-this-pleases-gaga.jpg (600x564, 54K)

Huh, that's actually pretty good. I guess I'll have to try out that update.

that classic shit talking