Western game about Japan

>western game about Japan
Anyone believes they can do it?

Attached: 3326412-trailer_ghostoftsushima_psxpanel_20171209.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3h0heT3sVas
youtube.com/watch?v=ckpZWplwuhs
youtube.com/watch?v=4LAk4hRNhVg
gamerant.com/ghost-of-tsushima-combat-skill-based/
youtu.be/OyVG6-UC7Ww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Of course they can, Japan also loved Hollywood GITS more than their own anime movies, series and manga.

yeah fucking right

>western game about Japan
>has better music and presentation than any Japanese made game about Japan

youtube.com/watch?v=3h0heT3sVas

youtube.com/watch?v=ckpZWplwuhs

Attached: header[1].jpg_t=1545231268.jpg (460x215, 58K)

japan here
yes
fucking love you murrica

depends on the combat really

would be cool if it's short and difficult, one or two slashes is all it takes like this
youtube.com/watch?v=4LAk4hRNhVg

combat will probably be boring shit like assassins creed though

Countrymen A making a game about Country B tends to be more interesting. Think about games like Wild Guns, Sunset Riders, Metal Gear Solid.
Ass Creed is an exception but only since they just pump them out so quickly.

Well, let's be honest here, it's a strategy game and the only important part is gameplay. There's no story, dialogs and stuff like that. Tsushima though is entirely different thing.

Attached: D1Y3TNpXgAEMH8o.jpg (900x900, 94K)

Infamous wasn't that good, but I hope they can. Feudal Japan games are pretty rare, other than Sekiro I can't think of much recent ones. So I want this game to be really good.

I forgot Nioh

>Infamous wasn't that good

Attached: 1552011292900.webm (720x720, 606K)

Yes, but I don't think they will do melee combat that well. Its an open world game with straight out of Batman/AC stealth takedowns. I have a hard time seeing Sucker Punch of Sly Cooper and inFamous doing melee combat

I didn't say it was that bad, either. I think it was meh.

I thought Second Son was pretty fun. The stealth insta multikill they showed in the floor demo rubs me the wrong way though.

Japans happy whenever people stroke their dick and dont care to point out problems or inaccuracies as long as its not insulting. So it's really just going to be a western game with western writing, western dialogue, western themes, all in coat of red and white paint

>I have a hard time seeing Sucker Punch of Sly Cooper and inFamous doing melee combat
the trailer literally showed melee combat you dumb ass

Attached: 8678656685678.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

>they will do melee combat that well
No shit it has melee combat but its likely going to be mainstream appeal which ends up with a very basic type of game. Add open world onto that which dampens the type of combat encounters because they are designing shit on a huge scale and you get a cookie cutter system. It seems to have atleast 2 stances from the way he holds his sword, a heavy/charge attack but the movement within the combat looks very slow and could get boring pretty quick

Hopefully they show alternative weapons off.

I'm gonna wait until they go into detail about combat before I get hyped. I love Sucker Punch, but they never made a melee focused game before and I don't want it to be some basic brain dead shit.

gamerant.com/ghost-of-tsushima-combat-skill-based/

Nope

No, it's going to be shit.

Japan loves Xbox too. Its their console of choice I hear. Right brother?

Both Nintendo and Sony are american as fuck now.

>murrica
No one says that except from amerilards.
Fuck off yank

This article says nothing of substance. It's just "it's good, dude trust me". You could call Bamham skill based ffs. The word means nothing.

Why is Japan allowed to be inspired by the West but not the other way around?

?

yeah then watch it win goty because of sales and story cinematics

jeff van dyck is a god
youtu.be/OyVG6-UC7Ww

>other than Sekiro I can't think of much recent ones

Attached: st-wallpaper.jpg (1600x900, 300K)

SEQUEL WHEN

because of white guilt

Soon, I hope
But at least they are working on desperados 3, which is hopefully going to be great as well

Howdy, partner?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 40K)

Never played the original ones, but I trust the devs to make a good job. Though I miss the setting of Shadow Tactics.

Do they have a set release date or is it just "summer"?

Attached: 3100309-shadow_tactics_comic-con_03.png (1280x720, 1.8M)

This user is right, fyi. Mira Killian was better rated than Kusanagi Motoko.

No. They're doing the whole "You can play action or stealth!" shit that just means both get watered down and the stealth system fucking sucks. When will they learn that shit just isn't fun?

lol thought you were talking about sekiro there

>Dark Messiah isn't fun
>Dishonored isn't fun
>Metal Gear Solid isn't fun
>TLOU isn't fun
>Sekiro isn't fun
You need to play more games.

Attached: [inhales].jpg (1280x720, 45K)

I suggest you play at least the first one, it's great
2 is a bit iffier, but still pretty good

and if you want more in that genre, there's commandos

Outside of that, no idea sadly

Japan also loved Hollywood's Alita more than their own original manga that was not really popular.

They are obvious westaboos, same as Kojima.

Attached: dims.jpg (894x457, 53K)

>Metal Gear solid isn't fun
Not the gameplay, no
>TLOU isn't fun
No it isn't

Attached: ghost of batman.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

As long as it provides a well made “cinematic experience”, vocal sonybros will regard it as the best game since God of War and praise it over games with superior gameplay (DMCV, Sekiro and Astral Chain when it comes out).

>Dishonored
>Metal Gear Solid
>Sekiro
OK.
>TLOU
No.

Is God of War a movie game like TLOU or a Quantic Dream game, or is it just a meme?

>Not the gameplay, no
t. played one game on easy mode, thought it was weird, then stopped

Attached: 1526901826386.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Metal Gear Solid is a]stealth game where you can resort to action if needed. This is one of those games where you can "chose" both but of course one set of gameplay is going to be far less fleshed out and fun as the other and I can already tell the stealth aspect will be drag.

TLOU isn't even a movie game. It has a fucking multiplayer.

Played the first commandos when I was a little baby. Way too hard for me back then, but maybe I should go find my old copy again.

And I'll look into the first desperados then, since it's on sale. Thanks.

TLoU SP is like a movie though. So do you think GoW is a movie or no?

>TLoU SP is like a movie though
Because it has a couple sections where you explore while people talk? Have you touched the game?