What's the Yea Forumserdict?

What's the Yea Forumserdict?

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice.jpg (640x640, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE
clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyCredulousPlumKreygasm
reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/b50qmo/sekiro_has_revealed_my_dirty_secret_im_a_fraud/
youtu.be/ccYXZrB6Tpw?t=1124
youtube.com/watch?v=LnwiR-wzpgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuNC-DyPAJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how do i beat genchiro

tHE VERDICT IS THAT I FUCKED UR MOM LOLLOLLLLLLLLLLLL

It's alright.

spbp

Be aggressive.

i fucking hate souls games
i respect that they're good and that people like them
but shit i'm not playing a video game to keep getting mad on purpose

give it a month before people are actually able to form opinions. Everyones too bootyblasted right now

youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

as someone who is on ng+.

Game was let down compared to previous Fromsoftware games.

i can barely reach his 2nd phase
is this where i uninstall?

>i fucking hate souls games

how dare you say that to Yea Forums, OH no.

It's fucking great, brings me back to the old days when "hard" actually meant HARD. It's not artificial difficulty it's not some bullshit copious amount of item or energy management. It's simply difficult.
Great game.

i like it better than any of the souls titles
i hope they keep this combat cause its fucking kino

I don't like it because I'm not good at it

boring

I don't care what Yea Forums thinks but I'm enjoying it

not their best game but pretty good

That snake section was pretty DOPE
Is there a way to actually kill it? I stabbed the fucker in the eye and then ran like hell

It's okay, 7 out of 10.

Less than 1% of Yea Forums has finished it. Ask again in a month or so.

It will come naturally. Like a rhytm game.
Also, take a break sonetimes

Agree on the most part.

Enemies like the dude who spams skull magic at you are complete BS though.

Cute shota feet.

I find it pretty fun.

gitgud/10
fpbp

>tfw part of the Yea Forums 1%

The playstyle is pretty much be aggressive. I don't really like it because majority of the time I'm not really getting a detailed look at the bosses and how unique their movement is. I'm just rushing in and trying to get deathblows as fast as possible. Combat is too fast for me to enjoy and try new builds or tools. I prefer the Dark Souls.

pretty good. Provides a good challenge, combat is good and it's fun to overcome the enemies through sheer skill, stealth and wit. My only complaints are that enemies still have the usual fromsoft bullshit, such as grabs having shit hitboxes and enemies being able to hit through walls.
you get to fight it for real later on

i checked ps4 trophies and less than 0.1% finished it
top kek

It's a long game

It has my favorite bosses in the series by far, the shinobi fights actually feel like solid 1v1s with a good rhythm and not the frantic rollfests like Souls.

That said variety for builds/playthroughs/moves is pretty shit and i didn't feel like it had the same atmosphere as BB or Souls.

Solid 8/10 game. Not quite as good as DaS1 or BB but better than DaS 2 or 3

it's pretty casual and mainstream, Twitch and zoomers love it
The "LE PREPARE TO DIE" hardcore meme is back. Sekiro is not a difficult game compared to actually difficult games

The general consensus seems to be
>it’s hard

I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say anything else about it.

Just beat it and got the Journey to the West ending and I'd give it a Best game since Nier/10

>it’s hard
according to journalists and twitch zoomers*

The combat is very simple and not difficult compared to real challenging games.

t. stuck on bull but tries to play tough

I remember all the lying before the game was released
"This game is only EIGHT HOURS LONG AND IS A FULL $60
FROM IS DONE"
"LOL THIS GAME IS ONLY TEN HOURS LONG FROMDRONES BTFO"

this
its difficulty is artificial

how many hours to complete?

>sekiro is a real HARDCORE game PREPARE TO DIE!!!
It's published by Activision and every Twitch streamer / zoomer is playing it. The combat is incredibly simple.

Autism: the post

i love it just because it exposes how much of Yea Forums is actually shit at games

>sekiro is a real HARDCORE game PREPARE TO DIE!!
The Activision marketing worked flawlessly. People think this game is as difficult as a shmup or fighting games.

took me 33 hours

I mean, if you want to swing your dick around about it, fine, but it’s still pretty clearly a casual filter of a game.

I guess my point was, I’ve never heard people talk about depth, or diversity, or what sort of skill set it challenges the player to manage. It’s hard, and that’s all that there is to it.

I haven’t played Sekiro but I’ve been scoping Yea Forums to see whether or not I should try it, and I get the sense that playing it is like threading the eye of a really small needle. Difficult, but also not something you would generally get satisfaction out of doing.

where TF do i go after i speak to Kuro at the top of the tower ? they tell me smoke signals and gate where i fouight the other boss but i dont see a route anywhere to the next section...

Attached: 1544369827709s.jpg (106x125, 2K)

>it is like threading the eye of a really small needle.
Every twitch streamer and zoomer is playing the game just fine.

>i-it's artificial difficulty >:(((
Man, I remember when people were saying the same thing about Ninja Gaiden

If you didn't have to farm for confetti I'd be okay with it.
Also, try the in air deathblow on him. He has to be casting from up high, not jumping away. I think you can perform it without building his meter.

i didn't say it was impossibly hard did I? I said it exposes how shit Yea Forums is considering how many people are bitching about it

old Yea Forums would have hated this game and its reddit audience and activision

go out the window and follow the smoke signals to a nearby rooftop

I don't know where the fuck to go either, I'm basically just picking the first location I see and explore, I got to some dungeon with a creepy dark magic dude, idk where the fuck I'm going honestly

Fits perfectly for Sekiro.

Dumb non-aggressive retards hate it.

Attached: Ha! Ha!.png (339x231, 118K)

>If you didn't have to farm for confetti I'd be okay with it.

I actually beat him without confetti I just thought he was complete bullshit because he just fills the area with projectiles, and it felt impossible to dodge his stuff whilst simultaneously avoiding the passive projectiles floating about. The big skulls being the same color also blotted out the smaller skulls, making me get hit simply because I couldn't see them

QUICK SOMEONE HELP IS IT OKAY TO USE THE SWEET RICE BALL

I WONT NEED IT FOR A QUEST LATER WILL I? I NEED HEALING AND THIS IS THE LAST THING IN MY INVENTORY, THE BOSS IS SO FUCKIN CLOSE TO DYING I CAN TASTE IT

Attached: IMG_20180325_004721.jpg (933x902, 137K)

Yeah you can eat it.

If you find the deathblow mechanic to be great, fine by me. I find it to be really boring you can sneak kill almost every boss and then kill them in 1 deathblow.

Great game. Soulsborne games suffered from a problem where you never really had to git gud, they had roll spam iframes and backstabs. This is the first game that forces you to learn how to play properly. Bloodborne did this a bit with viscerals and dodges, but this is on a whole new level.

Dude
No
You're supposed to eat it with Kuro, it has unique dialogue.

>you can sneak kill almost every boss

You can't though. I don't think you can sneak kill any of the actual bosses.

Minibosses, sure.

>Sneak kill
>Bosses

Yikes dude

you can sneak kill corrupted monk in phase two by getting on the branches

>i haven't played the game past the first two levels: the post

You can't sneak kill bosses. Unless you're talking about the wandering strong enemies, those you can kinda sneak gore, but that only takes off one of their pips.
But actual bosses? Not a fucking chance, dude.

Anyone know how the japs feel about this game?

Its hard but not in the normal sense a game is hard
Its hard because it takes 4 beads to get 1 health upgrade whereas in souls you can grind enemies to level up any stat you desire
Its hard because you get 1 estus drink when you start and it doesnt even heal 50% whereas souls you get, depending on which game, 3 or so or health blood upon enemy loot

there are multiple of these and i dont see the right path. they just lead me in circles.
is the roof straight ahead ? left ? right ?

I imagine they love it. Has there ever been a big home-grown feudal game that they didn't love?

Fun for now but I think about a month from now I will no longer be thinking about it.

Lots of fun. Lots of kino moments, i don't know yet if it's bloodborne tier though. It has some major flaws but the game is experimental and something new so they cancel each other out.

In kuro's room, there's a window that opens from the inside and leads to the back of the castle. Pretty much right outside of it is the first smoke signal

ok. ty. guess ill look again.
all that ive found is that midget seller and the watchtowers with the canon dudes.

i can pirate the game but even like that i could not play due to university/10

its hard because every hard enemy kills in two hits.

>Its hard because it takes 4 beads to get 1 health upgrade whereas in souls you can grind enemies to level up any stat you desire

HAHAHAHAHA
Yes
Just admit it outright, I love it.

Just started the game can someone tell me how to collect loot from bodies?
The gld coins just float there

do people really get mad at video games or it's just a ruse?

hold x for the succ (or square depending on pad)

how do i get up there

Attached: file.png (1912x1049, 2.09M)

how do i get this item at the very beginning of the game

Attached: 2019.03.24-21.09.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Difficult for the sake of being difficult can bite you in the ass.

come back later

noclip, or continue until you get the grappling hook

Of course people get mad at games. How is that even a question?

>unintentionally becomes the best open world game ever designed
how does Miyazaki keep doing it Yea Forumsros
>mfw Dark Souls IV will feature such glorious european world design

Attached: Sekiro World Map.jpg (1920x1080, 437K)

how much does confetti cost?

>tfw can't get past the ogre at the ashina outskirts gate
Fuck that guy. I'm having fun with the game but sometimes it feels like the game is trying to ruin my enjoyment. I know that I need to "gitgud" but when every enemy was fairly easy compared to the ogre it just seems they want to knock the player's ego down.

Attached: goose x.jpg (918x597, 81K)

bruh not trying to brag, but the ogre isn't even worth mentioning.

do you have the fire tool?

>from software will drop soulshit in favor of Sekiro now because it sold more
Feels good

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.51_[2019.03.23_23.03.52].jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

10/10 level design, 5/10 bosses. Would be better without Dragonrot and le epic unparryable QTE attacks.

you mean the one with the red eyes?

Yes.

tfw stunlock everything with the axe + sword followup as fast as possible then deathblow them

After initial struggle, this just might be my favorite souls game. It's contesting the seat from DaS1.

Imo the atmosphere is fine. The characters are great and some of the areas are legit terrifying. The OST is great. The main story segments conflict with the rest of the game a bit, though.

Kill Snake Eyes, go to the route that opens up. Go left, under the first blockade. Look up left, jump there.

I think Sekiro is like fighting games for me, im just absolute shit and i will never get any better at it.

Attached: 1530979906550.webm (1920x1080, 1.12M)

kilroy was here

Felt like a souls game with all sense of progression removed.

FromSoft literally only makes games for shitters. Nothing in this game is hard until the final boss.

The gameplay is amazing, but the lore isn't really my thing. I also don't like how exploration is extremely boring thanks to the fact that you only find the same few useless items over and over whereas in Soulsborne you'll find unique and interesting pieces of lore, equipment and items

Sekiro is pretty much better in every regard except I miss armour sets (should have at least cosmetic ones you acquire) and more weapons. I want to be decked out with a normal sword, heavy sword, a dagger and a bow though that would make it harder to make the each boss as hard because of weapon preferense of the user and it would be just as hard to make all the buttons and swaps fit intuitively on a controller

Do you like to parry ? Do you wake up in the middle of the night wishing you would be parrying right now ? well Sekiro might just be the game for you

You are so hardcore user

No, I'm a shitter. That's how I know this game is for shitters. Muscle memory is something everyone can develop.

Way too hard. Like literally, impossibly hard.

what are some hard games?

The jap voice acting is 10/10, it actually feels like it was carefully cast and directed with the same care that Souls games in English were and didn't just go down the checklist of popular seiyuu *cough*Nioh*cough*.
English dub ain't bad by any means but it's like the Jap dub of Bloodborne, it's there if you really need it but clashes with the setting hard and lacks the overwhelming quality of the original. Though Darin De Paul is predictably great as Owl.

You literally stay in his face 24/7. Hit twice, then deflect. When he jumps up and slams his sword down (parry that attack btw, it's very telegraphed), he will do either a stab or a sweeping attack. He mostly does stabs so if you are in doubt, dodge. The mikiri counter does a shitload of posture damage.

If you manage to mikiri him two times in a row without giving him room to breathe, he'll be almost posture broken. Use the axe to speed things up if you want, but I'd keep my spirit emblems for his final form.

For his final form I brute forced it with 6 gourds, ako buff and spamming shadowrush.

Skyrim.

My FPS is like 55, but only 80% GPU usage, what gives? Another gook port?

shmups
fighting games
action games at the highest level

look, even MHW is casulized, and Extreme Behemoth is more difficult than anything in Sekiro. Sekiro is an Activision game that is super popular with Twitch streamers and zoomers.

The hardest enemy in the game is the camera

It's a 9/10. It's pretty obvious that anyone on here who thinks otherwise are shit at the game and are too ass blasted to admit it. One thing I wished FROM did was have bosses that forced you to stay in their face and parry them so you cant run around and hit them occasionally like a faggot then go on here and claim the game is boring because it took you five times as long to kill something than it should have.

alright but which games

I can't fucking beat the Lady Butterfly, FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKK
Don't tell me any strategies, I know them all, I just can't do it. I've breezed through this game up until this point
GODDAMMMMMIT

how are people so fucking shit at this game?ogre is literally ez mode just fucking observe then attack when you have the oppurtunity.its attacks are very telegraphed and easy to dodge anyway as long as you dont spam r1 like a retard

literally just stay on her ass
be aggressive
stop trying to wait for openings

divine chick is so cute when shes sleeping

Skyrim.

Easily the best Soulsborne game, but the faggots here won't ever admit it because muh Bloodborne exclusive.

>I've breezed through this game up until this point
nigga what

lady butterfly is the beginning of the game basically

I went up to the boss on the horse and killed him then went back to lady butterfly

ninja gaiden black and 2

If you have trouble with Sekiro you should probably quit video games. DSP breezed through it easily

What kind of replayability does Sekiro offer? I've been avoiding this game because I'm afraid I'll beat it once and never touch it again.

challenge runs

Yo shit what there's a map? I didn't know and I'm in ng+.

the kind where you play it for the fucking gameplay instead of carrot on the stick zoomer post 6th gen movie mechanics you retarded piece of shit

Love the combat
love the bosses
enemy variety could be better
Exploration could be more exciting if there were weapons/armor laying around.
The environments are very samey, but picks up towards the end.
The story could have been better.
It's very challenging, the final bosses especially, love how people cry about it.
I really don't like the music, it gets repetitive and I didn't really want to turn it off because bosses without music is lame.
7,5/10

Guardian Ape is kicking my ass and making me feel like a complete mongo

Being clowned on by a monkey that throws poop and farts on you and then pulls a Friede on you is probably From's biggest troll

Attached: 1519702181675.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Itches that exploration itch that From games itch so well for me. People go on and on about the combat and the bosses and whatever, but I just like finding secrets and stuff. Like I found the little cave with the Headless in it, just after the small shrine that tells you to turn back, and that was satisfying as hell. Shortcuts provide a bigger rush for me than killing hard bosses.

I wish what devs took from From games wasn't "Oh, this game is SOOOO hard!", and instead was, "We should focus more on interesting level design."

This whole game feels like a fuck you.
The monkey fight especially

>I really don't like the music
Yeah, I'd agree with this. The music is incredibly bland. I get that they're going for the whole serene natural atmosphere, but I really think the game would benefit from some bangers.

Monkey business is an easy as fuck fight, and part 2: electric boogaloo barely ramps up the difficulty.

>i'm not playing a video game to keep getting mad on purpose
Anyone who does this is a retard anyway. I play the games because I don't find them hard really but they have great exploration and art direction, and just enough challenge to be stimulating.

So you don't like this Sekiro?

Look at that sword in his neck. That's gotta hurt, eh? If only there were some way you could...grapple to it.
I didn't find the ape too difficult as long as you're patient and keep your distance. In fact, you should do that to learn his openings anyways. I beat him like a bitch.

Same with his second form. I actually found the second half of the fight easier, because he's less spastic and his moves were easier to read, and you can block his attacks easier. Keep at it, and don't feel bad for killing him; he was never going to find love anyways.

why do people give a shit about souls games, whats so important abo

Sekiro Bosses are ten times more talkative than Souls Bosses

>enemy variety could be better
Could it though? For a 40-50 hour game I thought it had a good amount. Especially considering how much work had to go into each of those enemies movesets.

I haven't played it yet but I'm pretty sure I'll love it based on what I've seen.

havent gotten it yet, i kinda wish it had multiplayer like the souls and bloodborne games but oh well still intend to play it

bretty gud

Attached: 1504460311023.jpg (499x568, 125K)

You can sprint away just like in dark souls. Remember that.

ima hold off til like Black friday then get this and the Platinum samurai game. Also gonna try to get a katana to jizz all over then play both

I figured the game out. Don't wait to parry, just spam attack and listen for them to parry, signaling they'll counterattack, and parry that. That's it, you win. Died like 500 times to butterbitch then took down horsenigger and the bull of the same life as I beat her. Her whole fight was just attack-attack-(attack)?-parry and repeat. I feel like such a fucking idiot. Just spam attack like a retard and you're fine.

Sekiro is one of the biggest disappointments in recent history.
Before you go all ballistic and tell me "YEAH? What about Anthem or Fallout 76?" let me tell you why:

Sure, those are worse than Sekiro. But no one expected them to actually be great. There wasn't much hope for them to crush to begin with.
Meanwhile with Sekiro we thought "Well, it's a Miyazaki game and even if it does some things differently from Soulsborne games, it's still quite similar and with all this experience under their belt... this HAS to be amazing".

This game is completely mediocre in every aspect.
>zero weapons or armor sets to find, exploration suffers from this as well
>no character creation or customization, everyone plays the same Wolf and always will
>worthless NG+ coupled with zero online (rip pvp and invasion fun) obliterating any replayability
>boring, trope-filled setting of sengoku japan where you spend 80% of the game looking at the same tired Japanese castle surrounded by mountains
>way too many human enemies despite a few oddities later on in the game
>half-assed stealth aspect that feels like it was made by the Z team and tacked on last minute
>rock-paper-scissors combat featuring parry spam
>absolutely no atmosphere in the game compared to what soulsborne brought to the table

This is just disappointing all around. It's not a terrible game, but compared to how excited we were for it it sure hurts once you come to terms with how poor this game is after playing it for a while.

Oh and since I don't want any retards to show up and do what I expect them to: This has nothing to do with the difficulty level of the game, I had little trouble with it.

The ranking is thus:
DS1 >> BB >>>>>> DeS >> DS3 >>>>>>>> DS2 >>>>>>>>>>> Sekiro

Attached: 1540682954233.jpg (848x547, 339K)

I've been grappling to it. My grapple attack does the same amount of damage as any other attack and the moments where I can grapple to him are pretty fleeting.

I did run out of spirit emblems so I'll farm those up and keep trying with firecracker spam

I guess it just feels samey, even though they behave differently, most of them are just variations of the same thing.

The watchtower you need to go to isn't at the end of the trail of smoke, it's kinda in the middle. It's only one or two buildings away from the open window.

Watch (or re-watch) Ninja Scroll and Shigurui before playing to get into the groove.

bretty good

Attached: 1508903166142.jpg (874x874, 316K)

Sekiro actually doesn't feel like a Souls game to me. Its probably my defensive play style but this whole game feels like 100% mini game/cheese. Outside of non human stance bosses you just either take single hits until you down it or learn the deflect timings and laugh at it. It discourages experimenting because poise is so strong and everything blocks after 1 hit or so besides non human bosses.

I died 5-7 times against horseman and semi enjoyed that fight. Done 3 bosses since and haven't liked a single one they feel shallow as fuck and the big damage/deflect being so overly designed around makes it even more annoying. I didn't die to any of them and they felt worse then dying because I would deflect the first phase or so fuck up and then just cheese the rest. Because why care? So I can die and practice deflecting that one pattern until I've mastered what is basically a mini game?

Ill just wait for the bosses that require me to and do it to them because patterns are specific for bosses so its not like deflecting one thing is much practice for another.

I don't know yet, I keep getting my ass kicked. Just killed the bull after five fucking hours of gameplay.

Not him but the game is sorta tough. I don't like it at all though and can admit this. Im not dying much but when I do I feel robbed usually. Even compared to the situations you don't see coming in Souls games. It feels like Nioh did when it robbed me for first time encounters but Nioh has more varied combat and was much better and ran better.

I find it strange they didn't decide to do a Monkey King king boss and instead went with this thing.
I was so sure the game would have one

I found a dead(?) monk in the tomb area of Senpou Temple, he's wearing a different outfit than all the other mummified monks and sprays blood if I slice him, what do I do with this dude?

Have you tried putting your dick in it?

testing

Perfect game, shows how casual Yea Forums truely is. The fact that God of War was widely praised and this is shat shows you how many normalfags have infested this place.

This stops working pretty fast, bud. It's great against a few bosses though.

>hurr durr the game is perfect I ignore any and all criticism and just claim everyone who doesn't think it's 100/100 is only mad cuz bad

This is why Yea Forums is such a trash place. Because of absolute imbeciles like you.
t. guy who finished the game this morning

Sure you did scrub.

Probably the most satisfying melee combat fundamentals out of all of the games in the Souls/borne/kiro franchise. It loses out on variety at the expense of a tighter, more focused combat experience I feel like From's Gambit paid off.
I miss character customization, weapon and fashion variety but I'm also fairly sure that their next game will be a more ''traditional'' Soulslike. I really like Sekiro thus far, not a perfect game but insanely addicting nonetheless and very stylish.

Attached: 1552940198128.jpg (900x1200, 188K)

Its quite possibly my favorite game of all time. I fucking love it. That being said here are some criticisms I have.
>spirit emblems should replenish upon resting. Having to farm for them in order to use your cool prosthetics is just retarded
>confetti should last WAY longer.
>some environments are pretty bland visually speaking. The variety of environments arent really great either. Too much Pagoda spam.
>music is a MASSIVE disappointment. I loved a lot of the music from BB DaS3. Im struggling to remember any track from Sekiro and I just fucking finished the game today
>prosthetic balance seems really off. Firecrackers seem the most useful by far while many of the other ones are just good for very specific situations while not being useful at all for others
>dragonrot seems like it wasn't a fully fleshed out mechanic. Overall its just a downgrade from the system of gathering your souls we had before
>could have used some more beast-type enemies. Game just has so many fucking humanoid enemies

>my favorite game of all time
Holy yikes
It's not even the best game released this month lmao

You're both wrong. It's not a difficult game and it's not good because it's challenging. It is good though, because the art and level design are great, and it's a polished and solid action adventure game.

>>confetti should last WAY longer.
It lasts way too long, though. I think they should cut it down to the same length of time the curse removing shit lasts for, you can easily kill a headless in one confetti and they're only 300 sen a piece.

Im so shit at it. I just beat the shinobi hunter. He ganked me many times then one turn i just beat him in about 4 seconds not knowing what i did, so hardly skill. Even normal enemies such as torch blokes can fuck me up.

I'm at the drunk boss but haven't engaged him.

Only issue is unlike other souls games where the world really makes you want to get good, I'm not really drawn into the sekiro world. It seems pretty dull...

I was mostly being sarcastic, but both games look neat and I've heard a ton of good shit about Ninja Scroll despite not liking most anime. I'll check em out, thanks user

dmc fags pls go

holy fuck this is Nioh all over again
>Soulsbabbies getting their shit pushed in and rekt because they keep trying to play it like a Soulsgame
>every player even Lobos still played it like its a Souls game still at the final fucking boss
Nioh and Sekiro are based masterpieces showing Soulshitters how garbage they are and that they cant adapt to anything new even if their life depended on it

Mindless parry spam garbage.

God of War had really great combat too. I'd say better than sekiro.

>Nioh and Sekiro are based masterpieces

Nioh and Sekiro are both mediocre games, neither of which should be rated higher than a 7/10

Graphics took a hard fucking hit compared to bloodborne, so many of the locations are muddy dark caves where you can barely see what's going on. Why did they think psuedo-open world was a good idea?

>Graphics took a hard fucking hit compared to bloodborne
what are you on about?
Sekiro finally looks like a currentgen game unlike BB and DS3 with their PS3 graphics and jpeg background

The thing with Souls games for me is that they're not ALL about the gameplay.

I mean yes gameplay is the most important part of a video game by far, sure, but Souls games consist of so much more. Just the "feeling" of the world. The way you move around in it, find things and so on. The entire audiovisual experience.
The world, the setting, the exploration, the environmental storytelling, the atmosphere, the lore, the music, the sound design, the voice acting, the flavor text, the art direction, the level design, the NPCs.

Sekiro has zero care put in all of this. Only the combat is good, and even that has its issues

Attached: 1534688425320.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

no,you are wrong.

It legitimately does not. From the cutscenes to generally. Textures are flat, the lighting uniform and as said often dark and unintelligible. At no point have i stopped and been impressed by the game world like many moments in BB and Souls.

I'll concede that im only about 8 hours in but I feel like I'm playing a PS3 game.

so you are just a contraarian?
all FROM games look absolute shit and Sekiro is the first that has decent graphics

ayy lmao

Attached: sekiro_2019_03_24_22_44_51_724.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

I disagree. I think DS3 and BB were both stunning games.

Nioh is, Sekiro is a masterpice

So this game is shit and im not gonna play it again. But basically i got bad ending not even knowing im cutting my game short. Fucking stupid since i spent hours collecting all secrets and shit on my own. What a stupid fucking game. Also holy shit is this game short. I had no idea that when they said 13 bosses they meant boy main bosses and mini bosses.

The world building doesn't get any better. It's not a soulsborne game and don't think of it like one or you'll be disappointed.

It's a relatively straight forward feudal japanese world and story.

>that entire bad end
Kino. Best bad end in the Soulsborne Die Twice saga. Definitely the most work put into a bad end because it actually has two unique boss fights and gives you a unique combat art for NG+

other than flavor text, sekiro has all of these things but better. The plot is fucking god tier.

also dont play on english or french, those are garbage

what combat art?

This is a wrong opinion.

That's how the japs felt for 10 years with souls shit

>Ashina elite Jinsuke Saze

Attached: 1545678947718.png (625x682, 125K)

it's a masterpiece

One Mind

It is a souls game, no amount of jumping around can change the fact that the combat is not that far off.
Think of your katana as a shield and your posture as stamina and there we go, it's a bit faster sure.

You're delusional if Sekiro isn't at least on par with the other Soulsborne games in the non-combat aspects. Like sure, it's completely legitimate to have preferences over certain styles but if you say for instance that Sekiro doesn't have exploration then yousa just straight busta, senpai.

Attached: Dvr3uvCU8AAsWaj.jpg (638x1200, 115K)

but thats almost the same as the similar draw style combat art
what a disappointment

Thats a nice full hp bar you got there monk

Attached: monk.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

This is half the complaints I'm seing about Sekiro. People are literally just buttblasted because it doesn't have a souls aesthetic.

just proved that you dont know how to play Sekiro

I only killed 2 headless but both took 3 confetti's each. It was frustrating when I had 2 confetti's on me and was super close to killing one only for it to run out at the last second. Early game they are also pretty few and far between so it made it even more frustrating because I didn't know I could buy them later on. Its a nitpick in the end though I'll admit.

>MORE MORE SCALES MOOORE
literally bought everything i can, nothing left to buy

Attached: 20190324235119_1.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

Is that it? I’ve only killed 2 bosses and I’ve been to half of those locations

Above average.

The exploration reveals nothing of interest. You can find hidden items, shortcuts and alternate paths but none give you some curious discovery or new story.

>being this mad you cant get carried

feels fucking amazing

first two phases can be backstabbed, this webm is bad.
I wonder what the cheat hex ID is for scales so you can spawn in tons of scales with cheat engine

About 30

>You can find hidden items, shortcuts and alternate paths but none give you some curious discovery or new story.
have you played the game?

>hardest boss in the game by a mile
>beat him

>becomes the new hardest boss in the game by a mile, but you don't recover inbetween

I'm way too old for this shit, I can't keep up

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Wait, you can find that dude again after he leaves the pot? I thought I was locked out of that lapis for good.

What is the point of the revive dynamic? Why not just make your health bar twice the size and cut out the middle man.

I wish there was some visual change by upgrading your vitality and attack. They could have made the sword get slightly more corrupted after each boss

Its definitely different enough from Ashina Cross. Ashina cross is like two slashes.

There's an NPC who helps you fight "Juzou the drunkard", what happens if you manage to keep him alive until all the enemies are dead? Any special cut scene or item?

>the entire game talks about how important it is to serve your lord and how that's the shinobi's duty you better serve your lord he's the best
>old man asks you to betray your lord to usurp his power
>do it

>WTF HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WAS A BAD ENDING??

I'm on ng+
I have been thinking about this a bit though.
The animations obscures what is actually going on, parrying is now core, with increased frames and less reward but that's about all that is different

The point is that you can fool enemies into thinking you're dead and then stealthing them after they've reset... Alternatively you can choose to die to conserve your resurrections but gain more dragonrot

Attached: 1551958457097.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

If you like DS combat, it's great. If you came off of Nioh expecting it not to be a janky mess, you're going to be sore.

Attached: 1384578412451.png (917x1100, 1.01M)

clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyCredulousPlumKreygasm

Locking most special attacks behind emblems is retarded when basically every enemy in the game has a spam x ninja tool to easily kill and there's no real reason to use specials

>that tattoo
jesus

plugging yourself on Yea Forums
yikes

I'm done, when i win all i feel is exhaustion.
You just keep whacking away in different manners, chopping up that lifebar while avoiding attacks for 10-20 seconds just to get a small window to repeat the process.
I wanted to get better but you get punished for learning.
The gameplay is extremely boring.

Attached: 1545335296772.webm (450x472, 1.44M)

I'm enjoying the game alot, the fighting is fun, world/environment is awesome, fun mechanics and an semi-interesting story and lore.

But I'm starting to just get fucking sick of the bosses and mini-bosses. It's more like a slog every time; taking minutes and minutes and minutes at a time to parry all their bullshit, dodge all their bullshit, whittle their focus and "stamina" down just to get in the deathblows. Even if you do it perfectly (to beat that one dickbag of a boss, the lightning guy I forget his full name I did 2 perfect sets of his phases and then a not so perfect 3rd phase but still beat his ass), it can take a lot of time.

It's just tedious and aggravating at times. I don't want to spend an hour or so every single time trying to learn the patterns, then do a perfect run. It's fucking tedious. You're character just feels so underpowered at times even if you level yourself up.

anyone have ID for the carp scales so i can spawn in 99 of them thanks

Oh boy, you are going to suffer.

Just go kill the fish you cheating faggot

Attached: trth6sug.png (310x284, 192K)

GOTY

Only Doom Eternal can potentially top it

>chopping up that lifebar while avoiding attacks for 10-20 seconds just to get a small window to repeat the process.
you're supposed to constantly trade blows with them to fill up their parry meter

I fought the ogre once and he just immediately locked onto me and threw me off the edge. Haven't gone back since but even beat the drunken bandit. The ogre is a tool.

i already gave the npc like 20 scales, i cant find any more carp

>MORE! MORE! MOOOORE! SCALES!!

i just wanna see if it ever ends, or if this is how this guy ends.
plus i already beat the game.

You're playing it wrong, go for the posture bar not the health bar.
No wonder you're bored

Theres a carp boss

Stay close to him. That way he won't try any stupid shit.
Easy way to stagger him:
Attack 2/3 times to provoke him into attacking you (and stack some posture damage)
Try to rotate when necessary, he has few moves that you can easily evade.
It's good to have the the Ichimonji: Double so when you deflect his flurry attack, you can vent some posture strain and get in some nice posture damage on him.

Game is great. 9-10/10 haven't finished it yet

Going for the health bar at all is impressive, it's basically untouchable. You patiently wait your turn for the red dot and that's it.

The world, exploration and level design are inarguably better thanks to the vertical movements allowed

Are you saying Nioh combat is better? Can't quite decide what you mean.

no its just a shit you feed poisonous food to. then you help some guy become a carp, and youre supposed to give him more scales

I've only fought a few bosses so far, but they really got carried away with the "phases" thing. Not every boss needs multiple healthbars and multiple phases to where it's just a matter of endurance where you get instantly creamed on the next phase of a boss fight because you have no idea what it is.

I'm still enjoying the game a lot, but I feel like the "there was ANOTHER phase and you aren't done yet!" thing can only really work once or twice before it just becomes annoying.

Play a lot more of the game, and come back when your sword makes more than a pixel damage and you can tank two or three hits. The hardest part of Sekiro is that at the beginning you can go to bosses that are supposed to be way over-level, and you don't know if you're getting killed because you're bad or because you're underpowered.

Does the story take off at all?

Im at the top of the burning temple with the drunk fag and can barely motivate myself to continue. If i know the story is going to get good ill happily do so.

I don't think anyone in their right mind goes for the HP bar and not the posture bar. Unless the enemy/boss is already extremely weak and their posture gauge went down.

The mini-bosses and bosses in this game can be a massive slog in this game regardless of how fast/perfect/good/etc you are at fighting them. Even if you have a leveled up Wolf, it takes a long time, too long at times.

What...

is she related to the dragon descendants in soulsgames? :)

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_00-07-13.png (622x991, 1.37M)

what the fuck are you saying?

At least in soulsborne you were always doing some good against a boss. In this you can parry around for a good while then miss a hit and it all added up to nothing.

It does but you're too much of a brainlet to understand it anyways so I would say to just drop it

I went off the beaten path and found a giant snakeskin before I found the giant snake
That kind of stuff is still there if you look for it, there's clearly tons of care and work put into the world design and story
It's okay to not like it because its different from souls but saying that they put zero care into this game is flat out wrong

Anyone try the mod that unlocks the fps for sekiro yet?
I wanna know how well it works before I fuck with my games exe and shit.

Technically, you're supposed to lower health because posture regenerates way faster at full health.
That's why the poison sword is pretty good at the beginning on some bosses, until they get so much poison resistance that it's like farting on their knees.

personal goat, puts all soulsborefest to shame

yeah it gets interesting

No. It's genuinely the emptiest story I've played in any game and not just in the souls sense of working it out yourself. It's just empty and actually in retrospect makes me like the soulsborne stories less as it's clear all the lore was just inferred from fans and they just threw shit out there and let people make a good head canon for them.

>tfw no arthritis-hands dragon gf to jerk me off

The enemies regain posture slower the lower on health they are. So the tactic should be to first focus on whittling down the health and THEN posture breaking them.

I'm ready for the DLC to drop

the only enemies I've gone for health over posture are the bull and the second drunken dude in the misty valley

This.
Maybe YOOOOOOOO land just doesn't do anything for me but the only reason I tolerated Souls was the variety and unlocking the next weapon or environment.
The combat feels better but killing sweaty ugly NTR dudes and fighting Jap mythos just doesn't keep my interest nowhere near as much as the Souls series.

I like it overall, but there are aspects of it that are extremely grating. Checkpoints are weird and inconsistent with respect to boss fights. Bosses can also be so punishing they feel like tedious games of Simon Says more than epic duels. Take the Owl for example. On the one hand his attacks are all mostly straight forward to parry. But your posture is so fragile and his is so resilient it feels like a huge risk to stay in his face. You're better off going the tedious route and pecking at him periodically (at least until his health bar is halfway gone) unless you have the fight completely mastered without question. And then when you die you have to treck back up the castle again. A short journey for sure, but irritating all the same.

The game has a brilliant fundamental design but it struggles to express it sometimes.

It's shit and proof that From has run out of ideas to milk the Souls franchise, and therefore need to get back to making quality mecha games like Armored Core and Chromehounds.

O'rin
How do I kill this bitch? Her posture barely moves and I deal like no damage to her vitality.

>just seems they want to knock the player's ego down.
No shit genius, that's literally the design philosophy of the souls games
Then you get good and then genuinely EARN an ego

This.
> Dream like dark victorian world with a sadly afflicted land, religion, cosmic gods and ascension through realities.
or
> japan but the chicken and fish are big

This game encompasses everything that was done wrong in DS2/DS3/BB.

I'm not going to pretend to be good at this game, but so far I hate it. All of the difficulty so far has come from bosses and minibosses that all feel like the same thing. They have tons of health, kill you in two hits, and every attack is retarded physics defying bullshit where they always hold the startup for longer than what would make any sense. Including a bull with flaming straw stuck to its horns which inexplicably stops midcharge so that it track and gore you if dodge assuming thousands of pounds of beef would have inertia.

10 hours in. Pretty fucking awesome so far. NOTHING like Souls. It's more of a tenchu game with Soulsy combat. But the combat is nothing like Souls at the same time. The Butterfly lady fight is kino, but it can be cheesed a bit with dodge counters. The game isn't perfect, but it's as close to a 10 as a game can get.

What setting do you hope to see in the next soulsbornekiro?

9/10 easy

also, does ringing the bell make the bossfights harder?

The tracking is definitely a shit move and is just put in to punish anyone actually looking for tells.

It's like Episode Gladio but with stealth mechanics added so it's good

Attached: cor wrecks 1.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>see big guy (for you) right after the chained ogre looking important
>look around and carefully plan my approach to quietly dispatch all his goons and backstab the cunt
>like true shinobi fuck up from step 1 and aggro the entire courtyard
>run back inside the gatehouse hoping to shake them off
>big dude runs in after me alone
>backed into a corner in a state of slight panic perfectly parry his every attack and kill him in 12 seconds without taking any damage
>nothing personnel kid

Attached: 1440867551714.jpg (367x500, 26K)

I almost agree. I love the non-gameplay side of the other games (and it's kind of why the "MUH GAMEPLAY" fags on this website bug me so much), but I think Sekiro has been pretty engaging so far, though I'm not really too far into the game myself (I'm just at Genichiro), the areas have been varied, the environmental stories have been alright like the creepy abandoned dungeon and the weird monastary of monks. It's no Bloodborne and is probably the weakest of the games in this regard, but I was expecting to just not care about feudal Japan after being burned on how shitty Nioh was in this regard, but I've found myself enjoying what I've played so far.

I would really appreciate more items to read though, a good chunk of lore came from item descriptions of weapons and armour, yet I haven't really come across either to pad out the lore.

One in which you just beat Myazaki endlessly for producing such shit.

I hate the tracking too but at the same time I can't think of a better way to stop people from spamming dodge on everything

Sounds like an anime in real life

good game but not as good as Souls literally no reason to play this game twice ng+ has no prayer bead drops

Attached: 1547754002166.jpg (720x888, 338K)

It's feudal Japan, it's an instalove from them Anime-esque or not

But all it means is you just die, then come back and learn to press dodge later.

All im finding is it just makes certain enemies unbeatable first encounter, then you come straight back and beat them playing exactly the same way but delaying your dodge.

deflect as much as possible, you don't need to even land that many hits on her, break her poise to kill her fake then do the same to her second round (avoid the spawned adds and run around until they implode and chase you, hold O to sprint)

That being said, what the fuck was that stupid green thing the dude gave us before we fought her? Have not been able to find a single use for it

Loved it, but I disagree with jumping having more iframes than dodge. The optional fire beast shitter was fucking me over until I realized you have to jump straight up to dodge his charge and not dodge sideways. It's fucking retarded.

Granny is the first boss I've encountered and she is literally dunking on me all day.

Will I like this if I like DMC and Ninja Gaiden?

I love Action games but Souls was always too slow for me.

>he thinks random miniboss mooks are bosses
lmao. Good luck with actual bosses if you feel the need to sneak kill 1 life orb away from those enemies.

What do I do with this mask shard I blew 5k sen on?

You play it to challenge yourself, the only reason to play the game to begin with

Based, OP is now kill.

>Sekiro has zero care put in all of this.
Absolutely disagree. The game oozes atmosphere if you stop and look for it. Is it as good as Souls? No. But it's not a Souls game.

I can see why you feel that way. It is muted compared to Souls, and the fact that you're constantly running around at 50 mph and spider-manning means you don't notice what is there. But if you slow down and look for it, it's there.

endgame item

have you even played the game?

instead of dodging, you can parry or jump away, because the game almost never punishes you for doing either of those

Well fuck I wouldn’t have blown all my cash on it if I’d known it wouldn’t be relevant til so much later

whatever it is, needs more fantasy elements

I really do not enjoy it. In the Souls games and Bloodborne I felt trash at the start but felt like I learned the mechanics progressively as the bosses got harder. I'm on the Ashina Elite dude and I still don't understand the combat, and to make matters worse the bosses start hard as shit, there's no natural progression in difficulty.

Attached: 1532644597407.jpg (480x360, 10K)

heh genichiro's second phase is the first of four phases in the last boss.
good luck old man

You can have challenge and grind you retard look at Nioh. Shame cuz I like this game and now we have to wait 2 year for another From Software game.

>not being in a perpetual state of broiling rage
I pity manlets.

LADS I JUST BEAT GENCHIRO AFTER 4 HOURS

SOMEONE SUCK MY DICK PLEASE

Attached: 1548777112792s.jpg (150x250, 3K)

The world and level design are at its best since DaS 1.
The combat is a nice change from R1/roll spam and it's more skillful.
It has some flaws but I really like it. It's really only like souls on the most basic levels.

This game combat is far more engaging against bosses than souls change my mind

fucking snake eyes grabbing me out of the air
jump counters grabs my ass

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes f***ing Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind s***posts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it still says I'm not No, I'm a Conqueror.

The headless enemies are the epitome of bad game design, why the fuck do i have to farm samurais to get the item to be able to deal damage to these fucks? who thought that would be a good idea? fucking tedious.

Attached: 1501619857691s.jpg (205x246, 7K)

jump away from that grab. as in, jump opposite her direction. or dodge opposite her direction.

I uninstalled the game.
Maybe I’m getting old. Maybe I just suck at the game. Maybe the game is poorly designed and too punishing. Maybe I just love the souls formula and this isn’t souls.

The combat is just way too unpredictable.
>Some enemies don’t flinch when being attacked, others do
>enemies seems to
>every miniboss encounter is a game of cat and mouse, stealth killing the trash mobs one by one to even learn how to fight the mini boss
>fighting more than two enemies at once is almost impossible to overcome
>minibosses and bosses in general is just a game of parrying and keeping the stagger bar up for death blow instead of dealing health damage
>because of this every fight just feels luck based whether you can parry enough shit to get deathblow or die to some bullshit chain attack/grab attack

The combat is just broken and boring. Each encounter is the same thing over and over again with the occasional miniboss hiccup and boss frustration battle. It’s just not worth the time anymore. I’d rather make progress in a different game, spend the time to work or study, exercise. This game is just consuming too much time with little to no reward at all

the feet are better tho

you were supposed to use it when she summoned those ghosts that attack you, when you do use it they disappear

who /good/ here

Attached: 20190325003636_1.jpg (1920x1080, 84K)

Where to go/what to do next?
>Lady Butterfly
>Headless
>poison swamp gunfag
>snow valley gunfag
>upper Ashina Castle

I notice a lot of people have another icon between Spirit Emblems and the sword, what is it?

Also did I miss anything in Senpou? I fought the centipede and the bridge armor dude, got the Skill scroll and talked to the undying guy in the temple. I assume there's no final boss to the area?

You aren't meant to fight them early on retard. Wait for confetti to be sold on the store (later in the game) and return. You can kill the orbs dumbass easily though. Use the confetti you're given to do it. He's not a hard encounter.

reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/b50qmo/sekiro_has_revealed_my_dirty_secret_im_a_fraud/
What happened, Soulsbros?

did you get all prayer bead?

I wasn't asking for help. He's bullshit.

Granny wouldn't be so hard for me if the camera didnt fucking toggle every other time she jumps around. but I did figure out she can be knocked out of the air with shuriken

why is genchiro so hard? i literally 2-3 shot everything up until genchiro and then died 30 times to genchiro

i got the max amount of hp/posture it said

fuck me I missed 2

I've already done it, how was I meant to know a store sells it later on? I also will have to farm coin to buy it probably. The confetti shit is absolute tedium and dont dare defend it faggot

>How was it supposed to know
Jeez idk maybe by playing other miyazaki games? Fucking dumbass.

Heavily flawed, there's a handful of extraordinary boss fights, but most are just boring reflex tests, some more unfair than others because muh hardcore gaymer cred, there's also a shitload of shamelessly recycled content.
Gameplay suffers from too much focus on parrying, and again, a lot of bosses that force that even more, when you're fighting shit that isn't just parry bait, the game is fantastic, otherwise it's just immensely tedious, although flashy.
Level design is pretty great though, really really good all around outside of chinese blight town, haven't seen something like this in ages.
Hug him all the time and learn to deflect, when he does the vertical slash he'll always follow up with a thrust, mikiri and the R1-Shuriken-R1 follow up for a guaranteed combo.
Nightjar Slash has I-frames in the jump, so you can use it to bypass some of his low slashes, but it's hard to do so, I pulled it off twice or so.
Be careful about his gutbuster grab, it hurts.
Genichiro Desnudo(Espirito de Tomoe) is mostly the same Genichiro except he gets a flying thrust and two lightning nukes, one with his bow and one with his sword, both can be very easily dodged.

Good, but still as buggy as any other From game. The camera is complete shit and is probably the biggest enemy.
Also this

I expected her to be way more difficult than she turned out to be considering the way Yea Forums talked about her. Holy shit was she easy, the game literally tells you how to beat her (side dodge attack).

No wonder you guys hate this game, you guys just fucking suck

Attached: 20190324233339_2.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

that fight is too long and too rng based

how hard are the remaining bosses compared to Guardian Ape? He wasn't that bad, but then again I was 15/6 for stats.

but im not very sure, since i have 1 prayer bead in my inventory. is 9 the max necklaces or 10?

Lady Butterfly is Sekiro's Hino-enma

Yeah I forgot about all those mobs in the other games where yo ucouldn't deal any damage to them without equipping some gay ass confetti and only being able to do it at the end of the game when a store decides to open, KILL YOURSELF RETARD

>new londo

What does NG+ bring to the table?

youtu.be/ccYXZrB6Tpw?t=1124

LMAO

Imagine being this stupid

Attached: ghost-male-large.jpg (600x338, 47K)

6 hs into the game and it's just mediocre, combat has no depth, just spam r1 and l2 to deflect with the acassional sidestep.
Also, remider that people are probably getting paid to shill this game in here since the very beginning.

My only real bugbear is that the rez/death/dragonrot mechanics encourage a cowardly playstyle where you dip and bone out whenever you die so you don't lose a girthy chunk of XP/money and spread the dragonAIDS. All it really amounts to is a bunch of wasted time.

Especially when it comes to minibosses. They're so extremely damage spongey and deal so much damage in return that the playing field doesn't feel very even at all, at least like it did in Souls. Whenever things go south, you rez, bail, rest and repeat unless you get arbitrarily fogwalled in.

Death is simply too punishing, especially for how easy it is to die in this game. In spite of that gripe, it's still SeKino to me

Attached: honor or death.webm (480x368, 2.55M)

I don't think I can go back to souls games anymore

>orbs dumbass
Easiest fight of my life. Looked hilarious as well. Just brought loaded purple umbrella and attacked him with it.

Attached: [Nagi Ichi] Eigou no Toki 1.png (1721x2500, 1.7M)

dodge left > r1
repeat ad nauseam

close to the ending now

>the combat system
>actually hard but fair
>bosses are amazing

dislike
>poor atmosphere
>most of the environments are extremely repetitive
>short
>need to farm for some key items
>lack of alternative armors/weapons make exploration underwhelming

Great core mechanics and very enjoyable but it really feels like the game was made on a tiny budget

8/10, better than DaS2

>Dark Souls IV
user...

>miniboss
>some shitty mobs in an area designed to sprint through

very comparable

OH NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-164810.png (1282x2048, 1.17M)

Fuck you nigger I'm trying

do this

Attached: genchiro.webm (780x438, 2.85M)

The minibosses aren't even required to kill, dipshit

just deflect bro

Attached: justdeflectbro.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

Minibosses are optional retard

kino

>DUDE ALIENS LOL again
Memehackzaki makes another masterpiece!

>poor atmosphere
Seriously? Some shit in this game gave me anxiety. Some areas were extremely spooky too.

>phoneposting reddit screencaps

Attached: 1518344447114.jpg (782x788, 321K)

Go back to le reddit

the first phase of this genichiro fight is absurdly fun when you learn his moves and can deal with him like in this webm

To his defense if to guess something in a game you actually need to play other games before then there is a word for it and it's called shit design

y u so triggered white boi?

These games need a boss replay function once you finish the game, I don't wanna NG+ just to fight them one more time.

a solid 9. gameplay is perfect 10 and gameplay is more important than story, sound and graphics (which are between 7 and 8)

what?
Sekiro is probably the first FROM where there isnt a single area that i dislike or anything
all of them looks good and feels good, they even kept their must-have poison swamps to a minimum

yeah i wish you could just replay bosses and even mini-bosses, Genichiro is super fun to fight

>implying

Easily a 9/10. Think I'm pretty close to the end.

Christ man this game's fun but I'm so lousy that I'm stuck on the Drunkard in Hirata Estate.I cannot parry to save my life.

Attached: Dark Souls.jpg (3780x1713, 1.03M)

you get three pieces of it, when you make three you can use skill for attack power.

All the human v human miniboss fights are like that. Especially the spear dudes. The game only shits the bed with monsters that have large AOE attacks and their posture is barely affected by parries.

So? why are you defending bad game design?

Shes pretty easy but her illusions are annoying and just a waste of items

what does NG+ add?

You're an idiot if you farm in Souls games.
And why is he throwing "creating a proper build" into this?
That's normal.
In Sekiro you essentially just have a dex build.

Thing I hate the most about souls games is bosses with multiple phases who have you to go through easy but tedious fight each time before real one begins, and those niggers literally made game entirely around this shit.
Fuck them, glad I didn't bought it.

>It's like Episode Gladio

except you can't Hold O in Sekiro

We believe in you. Keep doing your best

The ape fight is great though

I sneak killed all the fuckers around him, then sneak attacked him when he was alone and teamed him with the samurai close by. I found the axe stuns him for his long attacks, and then I would kite him otherwise.

>I cannot parry to save my life.
You'll learn with time, just don't pretend to be able to magically know all patterns in advance.

disappointed. doesn't come close to Bloodborne

Ofc you can't. There is no parry. It's called deflect. And you actually don't have to do it to defeat him.

there's only like 3 bosses with crazy different phases and in both cases their last phase is the easiest

>Alternatively you can choose to die to conserve your resurrections but gain more dragonrot

Can you explain how this works? I'm not sure what the optimal strategy is when trying to learn a boss and dying to them a lot. Should I hit L1 after my first death and take the money+XP hit, or am I better off resurrecting and trying to continue the fight?

why does almost no one you can watch online plays like thse?
everyone is just too pussy to go in and deflect. they are circling around bosses and chipping their HP away slowly like its a Soulsga- oh right

How far did you get?

Attached: 3436.jpg (130x123, 11K)

I might spend some time with that guy who never dies by the temple to go over the mechanics again. I feel like I don't really understand how blocking and parrying and stamina work in this game, it feels pretty weird compared to Souls.

is there only like 3 total secret push walls?

Disappointing
Doesn't come close to Bloodborne. It's more like a Dark Souls 2

It reminds me of my first trip through DaS back in the day, in that I'm having to learn how to play all over again due to the slight tweaks in Sekiro. It's not as drastic as a brand new game with everything different, but I'm finding most things are different or new enough that it took me a bit to adjust. Little things like the deflection feeling like you have to time them on a tad later and last minute compares to soulsborne parries.
Either way I'm fucking digging it. Making better progress currently.

Attached: ssdt-emma.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

any typical Guts references?

>conserve your resurrections
But they aren't limited.

Beyond my comfort threshold. Too stressful to be fun.

Attached: 20190324184657_1.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

What is happening after gen does the dropcut into red kanji shit? What is the player even doing?

>it's optional so it's allowed to be terrible!
>s-sekiro is well designed! delete this!

Attached: 1550881064601.jpg (400x533, 29K)

tfw beat NG+ but still havent been able to get enough materials to max my prosthetics :(

Attached: sekiro_2019-03-25_01-02-43.png (1091x913, 2.02M)

vaporware that will be forgotten by its biggest shills in two months tops

So, what am I supposed to do with the cute snek once I'm in the cave?
I can't play peekaboo with him and I don't see any grappling points.

how much harder is NG+

Crap. Too easy, too many boring items, too short, no itemization, no invasions and the world feels implausible.
Good thing it's just 11gb pirated

miyazaki got exposed since he can't copy berserk anymore. this shit is generic.

for brainlets like you the old woman explains what to do if you give her rice

what guy?

then take it smaller doses until you get more confident in your skills you dumbass

>any typical Guts references?
Sekiro was an orphan that got adopted by a warrior, he has a prosthetic arm which can also have cannon fire, his hair gets white strands, later on you get your big ass life consuming evil katana to destroy immortals.

>ps4

Attached: 1551571401398.png (1000x432, 165K)

reading comprehension seems to be the hardest part about this boss

You mean getting monkeys in there with the puppeteer jutsu?
I tried but monkeys just can't seem to reach him in time.

boss is doing a thrust attack and player is using that mitaki thrust counter whatever its name

okay but i mean any big men with big greatswords?

In terms of lighting it's bad in most areas. Just compare it with DaS3 or BB they look much better and the lighting/shadows contributes a fuckton to the atmosphere for me. Here some areas look like DaS2 with no lighting and cheap textures.

In Sekiro most areas feel shallow and poorly recycled. 4 out of 8 areas share the same models/tileset in different colors. I was expecting more mystical stuff like Sunken Valley but even more impressive, game was pretty lacking in terms of presentation (except bossfights). Could have been incredible with bigger budget.

there's a monkey right next to the damn snake

kino ending. guess im putting game on indefinite hold until dlc comes around, if ever.
got normal ending, and true ending. whatever next endings ill just look up on youtube :)

Attached: 20190325003508_1.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

>the dude in european armor

Are you just supposed to come back later? I went and got the spear upgrade because I figured I'd be able to tear armor off him but it didn't work

Tons of them.

>It's bad game design because you can't easy mode an optional encounter immediately
Ok

Go outside homebase where the prosthetic guy is. Take the path to your right.

Form your own opinion and play it
I can't tell what the general opionion is, too much shitposting and complaining about exploits, or comparing it to a dark souls game.
Personally, I like the level exploration, the boss fights, and the combat.
Huge fan of the stealth.

Attached: 1548807950197.jpg (500x371, 41K)

what does NG+ do, is it any harder?

>there's a monkey right next to the damn snake
Didn't find it.
I don't think I inadvertedly killed it either

awesome

according to 8th or 9th bead necklace, hes from the south? but wtf is south from japan?

How is being able to do damage to an enemy without needing some arbritrary item "easy mode" you fucking autistic retard

You have do the finisher with his back facing an open edge/the balcony where he's hiding before the fight starts. I wouldn't have figured it out either if the dude didn't thankfully point out how to kill him if you do the finisher so many times on him.

>played every souls game but never liked the concept of parrying
>would rather just use a shield or fucking dodge an attack
>game forces you to be a parry autist since dodging and blocking sucks balls in this game
Glad to know I'm being punished for not adhering to a meme playstyle after all these years.

Attached: 1518927831751.jpg (598x600, 68K)

>Granny
>Genichiro
>Guardian ape
>Owl (no change in animations but gets extremely nasty shit that can ruin your life even if you got used to combat with him)
>Monk at palace
That's probably not all of it, I haven't finished the game yet.
>their last phase is the easiest
I too can say it now that I killed them, but I hope you won't deny that learning games like this one is based on trial and error, and you have to grind this shit each time to merely see how they now behave, and this particular game having damage sponge bosses and not allowing you to drop concentration at all makes it even worse.

I couldn't tear his armor either and really confused me so I just beat him the old way first try, deflect into deflect

The first one restores from resting at a shrine but resurrections past the first have to be earned through killing enemies or using items that restore a revive. Besides that the revives are a fun and pretty unique mechanic to Sekiro so I don't mind it at all.

tfw want to watch her play Sekiro but not wanting to get spoiled too much on accident

Attached: 1534967408983.jpg (628x1024, 117K)

He's from the south of Japan. That region was the most westaboo at the time.

I guess firkraag is also bad game design since you can't kill him when you first encounter him.

using shield is Soulsgames is the sign of being a shitter

WHAT DOES NEW GAME + ADD FOR FUCKS SAKE

I found that the best place to be in his third form is literally right on top of him. I got really fucking lucky and was able to knock him out of the air with the combat art that gives you posture

seven ashira spears is the hardest miniboss in the game considering the point you can first access them, prove me wrong

unless you count headless maybe

Parrying is incredibly forgiving in this game compared to souls, it really is just the "roll" of this game.

A lot of the people complaining here about the no armor/weapon customization, numbers to tweak, special snowflake builds and junk seem to misunderstand this game

This isn't another Souls RPG.
This is a character action game with Soulslike elements.

Attached: tiramisu.jpg (500x500, 113K)

no

>granny
her 2nd phase is pretty much the same just with some ads that are easily avoidable

>>Genichiro

3rd phase is stupidly easy especially if you reflect lightning and his 2nd phase is virtually the same as his first

>>Guardian ape

Only one with a legitimate different phase

>Owl (no change in animations but gets extremely nasty shit that can ruin your life even if you got used to combat with him)

Doesn't change moves at all just adds poison and some smoke.

>>Monk at palace

gets like one or two new moves, barely changed

>but I hope you won't deny that learning games like this one is based on trial and error, and you have to grind this shit each time to merely see how they now behave
The bosses barely change from one phase to the next though.

>Granny
Her second phase is almost the same, the difference is, you hide from butterflies behind pillars, and one of her combos is slightly longer, that's about it

>Huge fan of the stealth
How? It's abysmal and probably my biggest complain
>enemy sees you
>enemy can pinpoint you even when you're moving out of their sight
>hitting some stuff in the environment sometimes makes noise, sometimes doesn't at all
>enemy watches you then suddenly forgets you exist and goes back to his patrol
>unreliable grappling

When I stealth I feel like I'm playing that terrible "stealth section" every game designed without stealth in mind has.

Headless is harder, mostly because it's just unfair.
Snake Eyes twins are harder.
O-Rin is harder
One armed ninja dudes are harder.
He's up there though, not a total jobber like centipedes.

>not side stepping the jump and doing a double ichimonji

>sekiro
>no artificial difficulty
Lmao
Heres some adds midboss fight lol!!

run straight to him, die, revive, run again, easy

>got the Finger Whistle and Divine Abduction
>can play with enemies like i'm some sort of an illusionist

Attached: 1538132609868.png (411x449, 60K)

>One armed ninja dudes are harder.
isn't there only one that classifies as a miniboss? and the only reason hes hard because the area is in is terrible for the camera

>O-Rin is harder

Definitely not, she only has like two combos and a sweep all of which are very easily deflected/jumped. I beat her my first try without even using a sippy.

Shut the fuck up retard. You idiots are the reason why everyone thinks soulsgames are meant to be hard when it's suppose to be a fun immersive game.

Shit artificial difficulty clusterfuck just like the rest of the games

if you jump off on the left side at the hug wall at the snake, you can walk there it just looks like abyss but its actually rocks there in the darkness. then theres a monkey just over there

>meme playstyle
way to justify why you're terrible

Nioh is better.

5 enemies then you gotta go back to a bonfire and rest

he
heh
hehehehe
fun mechanic XD

I guess you're a fucking faggot that'll defend anything that chink does because you're a cocksucking retard, shut the fuck up.

Less than 2

they're not one armed, they just hide their arm

you'll find this out when you meet the poison versions

does unlocking the fps fuck things up just like the original dark souls?

Sekiro has much better story and world design. But yeah, Nioh is better at everything else.

>she only has like two combos and a sweep all of which are very easily deflected/jumped.
Harder to deflect than the spear attacks, and you can't cheese her with ash either.
I know, it's just to give the idea.
And boy do they recycle these dudes, they even give them dogs.

>They invest a lot into making fun and interesting tools
>You trash common enemies anyway so only point of using them is your autism
>Tools are useless where game is actually challenging
>You don't even bother with autism because your efforts in this game are channeled towards grinding muscle memory for bosses
Cool design From

it tears like crazy but still stuck at 60 max fps, atleast from my experience

fireworks, poison dagger and suriken are fucking great

>OST is great
OST is unironically the worst part of this game, just YouTube "10 hours of ambient Japanese style music" and you get the same thing. Nothing memorable, however that's not necessarily a bad thing I dont think music would have made or broke this game

>character action
kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=LnwiR-wzpgQ

lolwut

As someone who's currently in the solid 8/10 camp definitely agree with the exploration being a let down. I dont think the game needed varied equipment but it was fun to find in soulsborne, my wolf is about to get diabetes with all this fuckin sugar hes got saved up

Sekiro 2: Journey to the West

wow 3 tools out of a dozen, nice now that's what I call a well designed game.

literally you

Attached: SekiroWojak.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

You're a step up from faggots who don't want to admit the very same thing: They die and get mad. The cure for getting mad is gitting gud.

the general outside of the house you meet the kid at handed me my butthole 4 times in a row.

Attached: if only.jpg (1237x556, 122K)

nice goal post moving

You can't pretend like that holds a candle to any of the DS/DS3 boss music

I like it because it lets you navigate levels in different ways.
Sure, the AI isn't the best but that's not what I was referring to.

here's the real ranking, baby

Demon's Souls = Sekiro = Bloodborne

you died against the guy on the horse?

there's literally nothing to that fight. its the most telegraphed babby mode fight i've ever seen.
if that's what you call good game design i'm glad you'll never have anything to do with these games.

hardest and best game of the decade. people will take years tomaster this one. from software does it again.

>with Soulslike elements
It's a souls game, the level design, the NPC system, the bonfires, the souls loss when dead, the encounters, the camera, the items.
It has a few tweaks in its combat system but it's 100% a souls game in every other core departments, just with more "focused" content

Umbrella, firecrackers, axe, spear, feather, shurikens and flame vent are universally useful and become straight overpowered after a certain point of their upgrade line.
Whistle and abduction trivialize any normal mob including fatasses.
Get good.

if after 10 hours of being stuck. im just going to turn to cheat engine and help me beat the game, for the sake of beating for story and so on, i would also not lie about beating it without cheating

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuNC-DyPAJ8

You're so full of shit

Literally no enemy variety. All the enemies are generic samurais.

nope its the same shit, if you spent ressources designing tons of fun tools but only 3 of them are actually useful in gameplay (and even, extremely situational) it's just bad design.

Are you associating your screenshot with stress? I don't know if that thing was supposed to be difficult but I deathblowed the first bubble then r1 spammed him. He didn't retaliate at all.

Really made me think.

Off subject, where do I go in Senpou Temple? I met the monk who gives you the text to give to some little girl, but it looks like a dead end.

To each their own brother, to me none of that comes close to even the title screen for DS3, the first time I booted up the game and heard that song was such a holy shit moment for me, sekiros music isnt bad but I find it just doesnt hold the same weight

Mastering a mini game takes years? Okay friend. Id like to see you royal guard even 3 times in a row. Not because its hard but because deflect has so many frames that even the input delay doesn't feel so bad.

dude, no one is judging you. just go look for trainers and cheats on the internt. who cares. but deep down you know you're a fucking cheater who's terrible at videogames lmao

>>Tools are useless where game is actually challenging
Depends.

Shuriken are perhaps the most versatile tool since you can snipe doggos or other things with it from afar, you can stop posture recovery, punish enemies that jump a lot and even weave it into ground punishing on a lot of bosses, they're even good against the Guardian ape.
Axe is useless, after you get good at timing you don't even need to use it on the couple of shield mooks in the game, unless the last upgrade changes something, fire axe is cool as shit though.
Spear can hard counter many tough mooks, the spiral spear devastates the one armed ninjas for instance and most high tier mooks, but it's not worth using on anything else.
Firecracker works on pretty much everything ,borderline OP like with shurikens.
Sabimaru is niche, but the upgrade that depletes posture is VERY good if you know what you're doing.
Feather arm is pointless, cool, but pointless
Finger Whistle is pointless
Divine Abduction is pointless, though I guess you can use it to farm money with that one upgrade?
Flame Cannon is useful for applying fire status with oil, can get a good chunk of life off things but...parrying is still better.
Umbrella has a VERY good parry function but haven't tried a lot of stuff with it yet, wish the game had a boss replay function.

Its great but from missed an opportunity by not having build variety or deeper combat mechanics.

So what you like is the movement system, not the stealth. I agree it's pretty refreshing, mostly because running through the level is the most efficient strategy

Oh look, this stale pasta

>deeper combat mechanics.
>Literally the deepest yet

i didn't play the newest dmc but I did play dmc3 and royal guard was easy as shit. go kill yourself, fanboy.

It's a masterpiece.

PFFFFTTTTHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHHAHA

Attached: B63E2884-1405-469E-9A3C-CE5D58F37FD8.jpg (1319x741, 136K)

Hey lategame folks, i'm at the Fountainhead Palace
Do I need to head down into the lake to kill the carp? When I dive deep enough a headless spawns and it's fucking irritating.
Also how many water bottle sips should I have right now? I have 7 currently.

Attached: 1492816539117.jpg (1024x1024, 83K)

>spam parry to win the game
>deep
sure thing bro

Shut the fuck up, you annoying faggot.

Nioh is better in almost every possible way.

Which of these work on final boss? Because as far as I heard everything in this game is shit compared to final boss. So far only tool reliably working on bosses I saw is butterfly kunai with block-piercing damage.

What's the best prosthetic, combat art and best skill tree to max?

>Shuriken is universally useful and eventually gains magic properties, fantastic for closing the gaps
>Axe is universally useful since it's a hyperarmor attack with huge posture damage and eventual fire damage
>Spear is universally useful as it's a fast midrange attack eventually going through guard
>Sabimaru poisons enemies and allows you to combine defence and offence later on thanks to new combo string options
>Shield is straight overpowered, blocks anything but a few grabs and low attacks, eventuallly blocks terror and dark, deals damage to ghosts and its combo attack has ridiculous damage values for 1 talisman
>Flame Vent + oil is some of the biggest single action damage you can do, buffs your weapon
Shut your fucking mouth retard, it's not the game's problem you R1 spam when all prosthetics are fantastic and you can get up to 35 spirit emblems to use a fuckton of them.

I really like the game but I don't think it's as good as BB
>Skill tree is nice but doesn't make up for lack of build variety
>World is nice, but honestly kinda samey throughout
>NPC's aren't very good, accept the undying dude, what a bro
>Story is more in your face, but doesn't make up for the lack of lore
>No stamina makes sense, but I do think that running, dodging should have been limited as it creates too much cheese
>Music is mostly great, but Hirata Estate's was BAD and never stopped
>Maybe too many mini-bosses. Its hard to get into a groove when the game is super easy for such a short time before getting very hard again. Flaming Bull and The Ogre both didn't really add much to the game except break the flow.

I agree on this quite a bit. It's a very unpopular opinion at the moment since everyone is still in their honeymoon phase with the game but it really isn't THAT great. The game keeps getting praised for its responsiveness yet honestly, it is kind of the worst in terms of consistency. Anyone who has played Sekiro for more than 8-10 hours knows exactly what I am talking about. The parrying is great, but its the unparryable attack that honestly can't make up their mind when during the iFrame animation they want to let you miss them.

They also tend to be incredibly inconsistent with their tracking, Genichiro being the most obvious I've encountered so far. He is readable, and you can know the fight like the back of your hand, but whether or not you beat him has little to do with how well you know and more to do with if the game decides that during that encounter they want to let the mechanics function properly or not.

Attached: 1548651044641.jpg (437x431, 14K)

started playing today and all I can say is:: this game is fun as hell. it's hard and unforgiving but it's fun.

>Finger Whistle is pointless
Works on apparations, some of the strongest enemies in the game and enhances stealth which leads to even more 1hko.
>Divine Abduction is pointless
LITERALLY the most overpowered tool since it's an on demand backstabs against almost every normal foe