Makes decent games

>makes decent games
>proceeds to fuck it up with batshit insane prices and DLC policy

Attached: paradox-interactive-logo.png (1000x563, 40K)

>DLC policy
What DLC policy? That when they release constant expansions for years, you gotta pay for them to fund their development? What do you actually expect, please explain.
>batshit insane prices
I think you mean pretty normal prices.

Surely you mean "proceeds to fuck it up with batshit insane post-updates". I will never not be angry about how much they fucked Stellaris up.

Their focus should be on shipping complete games then. Every single one of their games are good concepts with not enough content.

uhh, I expect them to make an actual good game on release? EUIV and Stellaris were both completely barebones when they first came out. Oh yeah, great, you eventually filled EUIV with good content and mechanics, just a combined $120 extra dollars for all the DLC! Half of that shit should have been in vanilla.

Attached: 1553231434128.png (872x625, 36K)

Stop being poor

>makes decent games
source?

come on, if you don't like Vicky 2 then you just don't like Grand Strategy. That game is great.

Attached: 49731928_2322001428029238_2288013921363165184_n.jpg (344x451, 30K)

>this game is fucking shit, I only spent 300 hours on it, absolute trash
ok buddy

I know I sound like a complete shabbos goy, but trust me, their DLC/expansion policy is better than the alternative. Instead of a game with a few expansions that gets abandoned, you have a game that's constantly being improved and patched with new shit. Yeah, mods have a lot more depth and are free, but I'd take EU4 development style over EU3's any day.

As for the prices, yeah, if you go to buy all the DLC for CK2 let's say, that's been released for the last 7 years, including cosmetic shit no one cares about, it's a lot of money. But if you got the game on release and bought everything as it came out, you'd only be spending about 40 bucks a year. Less than the price of one game. It's not a bad rate for a game that you can sink thousands of hours into. Other games have even cheaper DLC-over-time costs.

Also, there's another aspect that you're missing: the DLC is completely optional. You can play PDS games without DLC, yes some are just stupid not to have like Art of War for EU4, but some are absolutely not necessary. Contrast that with EU3 and other old games where the patch came with the expansion and either you paid or you could get fucked.

Yeah, it's expensive to buy everything. Yeah, they're making a lot of money off it, no doubt. But you know what? The games are still better for it. The demand is clearly there and they're satisfying it, and it's made their games better. Holy Fury could never have come out, CK2 would have been dead years ago if not for the new model. They'd be on CK4 by now and have probably charged more for less all things considered. So I have no complaints.

>reading comprehension

Op you’re a faggot. Creamapi is free

Honestly I wouldn't fucking mind the DLC but it's like they add features/mechanics in the DLC that dont intermingle with the other mechanics/features of the game and just abandoning it for the next DLC. It's so fucking stupid. I think they have finally realised this for EU4. They need to make the estates a free feature.

You mean Liquor Tycoon 2?

>They need to make the estates a free feature.
They did

I have no idea what that is or how it works.

Creamapi is an exploit for Steam that allows you to add free DLC. Completely untraceable and unbannable so far in SP games.

Have a look on cs rin ru for more info.

>day one 3 episode DLC

this should be illegal

Their thread stopped updating for CK2 and their creamapi is out of date for it last I checked.

kys

Just download the CODEX release, move the DLC folder into the CK2 Steam folder and update the Creamapi settings yourself.

All you need to do for the Creamapi settings is add the Depot IDs and the number of DLCs. It takes you a minute.

These fucking posts. Paradox in the house?

>pirated DLC works online anyways
Fine by me.

>it's okay when capcom does it

Look through the comments. I still got an updated cream_api from their thread, it's just not on the main post anymore.

You say that, yet you have no rebuttal whatsoever. No one ever really does. Just "cost = bad". If that's the case then just pirate, who cares. Paradox CEO literally said he doesn't even care if people pirate. I'm telling you why I personally don't mind it.

>I think you mean pretty normal prices.
"Normal prices" are not 1/3rd of the price of the base game and never ever lowering the price even years after the DLC is released.

For what, cosmetic DLC? The majority of Capcom's DLC is for costumes and other minor shit.

>Their focus should be on shipping complete games then
Literally impossible with the Strategy Genre. There is a reason why they were selling expansion packs all the way back in the 90s (Simulator games are even worse, with addon floppy disks already being a thing in the 80s)
People should criticize Paradox for making shitty DLC, not for making DLC, its good that they kept expanding games like CK2, CK1 came and went and it didn't even have playable Muslims or Pagans.

Attached: 3b1d4ab1d05c00505836c9aabaae5796.jpg (400x232, 16K)

>tfw CreamAPI
>tfw finna boutta buy Cities: Skylines and CreamAPI the shit out of it

Attached: 1539922465754.jpg (623x702, 177K)

Releasing the same game with a subtle change in the title over and over.

cream.api

Attached: 1506187508025.jpg (858x536, 127K)

I am sorry, should I have just said the typical Yea Forumsditt answer that they should simply make the games with 20 times the content and ask for the least month possible? Ever considered there is logistic to why Strategy games have had expansions since forever? I want to make realistic answers to problems where the games can still get made, its obvious Paradox got greedy, but criticism with magical and delusional logic does not help. I don't want GSG to end like the RTS genre.

Literally pirate the dlc, they make it piss easy to do so with any of their games and don't bother to fix it at all.

>People defend this shit
Hopefully they're pirating, or they're giant cucks.

If everybody pirates it nobody gettings anything.

They haven't made a decent game in almost a decade. EU4, HOI4 and Stellaris are cual garbage for normies.

Or they could just not sell the DLC at half the game price. Unless you think they spent as much time working on the Mandate of Heaven DLC as they spent making the entire damn game then it doesn't make sense for the prices to be so high.

I would rather just not have them sell Mandate of Heaven.

You're insane if you're defending that shit.
And I say that as a retard who buys it all.

What if I told you games are expensive because of unnecessary organizational bloat?
It's not like The Witcher 3 GOTY costs $120 despite all the content inside.

>wait for sale
>15 dollor doc is now 2 bucks

Just start releasing reasonably-priced complete editions again so your incredible volume of DLC doesn't hurt new adopters who are just getting into the game. Easy. Hell, EUIII even had TWO of them. has a point, all that DLC is post-release content, the policy itself as a concept is not the problem, the way it screws up new players is the biggest problem. Good thing you can pirate all the stuff.

Yearly DLC + a meaty free patch is the best (realistic) model.

The majority of Paradox DLCs are cosmetics and other minor shit. What's your point?

They keep developing. It's not like day one DLC where you're just expected to cough up money for an unfinished product. Gotta pay for that development somehow. If it weren't this, it'd be subscription, in which you can't pick and choose which updates you value and want to pay for. Either that or just a release with no follow up development except bug fixes, which would be far inferior to either other option.

This I can agree with however. Getting into the games is fucking daunting if you're not there form the beginning. Paying $300 just to jump in is a big fuck no.

Paradox's business model is literally to target more niche demographics and have them pay premium prices since they know they're much more dedicated players.

A released game fully fleshed out (obviously not with all the content from the expansions, but at least not completely barebones like usual) and bugfixes would be an improvement. The constant cycle of rapid major gameplay changes means they never actually get around to bug fixing anything until new major issues are added, and you end up constantly paying for a game that is in an unplayable state as often as not literally years after release.
I've been on this merry-go-round for the better part of a decade now. It's shit. It's shit I continue to eat not because it's good, but just because they have no real competition in that entire genre, and every so often, when the stars align, some specific patch is in a playable enough state to reveal the great strategy game at its core and get me addicted all over again.

>makes decent games
"No"

>decent games
LOL

developing provinces should be a base game feature I will never fucking forgive them after they removed buildings from people who dont want to shill out 20 dollars over their useless dlcs.

Haven't they made it a base game feature recently?

this. there are barely any city builders so cities: skylines has a monopoly on the niche, they can charge whatever they want. same thing with the grand strategy games. the industry needs more competition.

Can't say I just pirate the game whenever I'm in the mood now and refuse to play the barebones game I bought at release.